Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 13, 2008 1:12 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBS ARE OUT! ON the other hand development is getting better but still mixed feelings!

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:34 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 13, 2008 8:00 PM

Feb 2008
So basically Kuze is going to die soon or later, and he doesnt want get involve in his past. So thats why he burn those letters.

And Himura also doesnt want get hurt anymore so he solitude himself, and his sister is dead. For a moment I thought it was Yuko that died, or else the story would be messed up.

I think episode 2 tells basically what happened and what's going to happen. So this episode is a must see since it covers the plot

Personally I would like a better opening.
Oct 13, 2008 8:29 PM
Oct 2008
Please don't pay attention to angel999's post about Kuze, my patience is almost up. Kuze is not going to die, but the possibility is high that he is suffering from a medical condition called Cardiac Arrhythmia, which causes irregular tempos of the heartbeat.

ETA: Maybe this is why the use of the metronome is so significant, because it keeps order in his life.
miyachanOct 13, 2008 8:33 PM
Oct 13, 2008 8:35 PM

Feb 2008
miyachan said:
Please don't pay attention to angel999's post about Kuze, my patience is almost up. Kuze is not going to die, but the possibility is high that he is suffering from a medical condition called Cardiac Arrhythmia, which causes irregular tempos of the heartbeat.

But then why would he burn all his letter, just because he has irregular tempos. I think its more serious than that.
Oct 13, 2008 8:36 PM

Jul 2008

Mod edit - Spoiler tags added
aeroMay 20, 2009 6:59 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 13, 2008 8:43 PM
Oct 2008
king4k2 said:

But then why would he burn all his letter, just because he has irregular tempos. I think its more serious than that.

People speculate it may be his intention to distance himself from all relationships, as he seems to have a very realistic/bleak outlook on life.

angel999 said:
I DID NOT SAY HE WILL DIE.

"BUT IF HE DIES IT WILL HURT HER MORE"

"I am telling you people Mizuki will suffer when this guy dies!"

These are not theories, these are ramblings. I hope to see more reasonable posts from you next time.
Oct 14, 2008 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Although i had no clue what they were saying, could make a bit out with the animation/pictures alone. i should try and learn japanese in my free time sigh...

Overall, brilliant episode.
Oct 14, 2008 8:07 PM

Nov 2007
acejem said:
Although i had no clue what they were saying, could make a bit out with the animation/pictures alone.

Same here, I usually can interpret some of the dialogue, but in the world of ef~ it just all whacked out xD.

No offense to fans, but I cant stand Kuze x Mizuki. For some reason its just wrong, the age gap creeps me out. Though the irony is that I usually dont mind it in manga (sometimes).

I'd probably watch for more development between Himura x Yuko. It'd be nice if Chihiro and the others made a guest appearances.
\
Oct 14, 2008 9:22 PM

Jul 2008

Mod edit - Spoiler tags added
aeroMay 20, 2009 7:00 AM
Oct 15, 2008 11:48 AM
Jul 2008
Looking good so far. Maybe this season will turn out as great as the first one.

大文字はかっこいさのクルーズコントロールじゃん。
hknamidaOct 15, 2008 11:55 AM
Oct 15, 2008 12:07 PM

Apr 2008
For what I heard in the raw Mizuki wants to "try" loving Kuze or something, due to her listening to his music and finding it striking or something.

She's not actually in love or anything. It's just that his music motivated her in the direction of love. And Kuze said things about music being born as a result of love/lost love.

And lol, head bumping. I really like this show now.

And the split personalities, wow.

"Is your metronome really the heart of your music?"
"Is your heart really your music's metronome?"
Oct 16, 2008 6:28 PM
Oct 2008
Finally, Subs are out

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=36345

Download it quick. I want my dl to speed up :)

Oct 16, 2008 9:23 PM
Apr 2008
i get the story so far but it keeps jumping around and it's almost confusing me.
Oct 16, 2008 10:56 PM

Jan 2008
Eh, I find it strange that a high school girls has fallen in love with someone so much older than she is. But whatever, I'm more interested in Yu and Yuko's story.
Oct 16, 2008 11:43 PM

Feb 2008
I'm surprised the confessions have come out so quickly this time around. I was expecting at least a few more episodes of build up. Mizuki seems to have a really innocent disposition from what I've seen of her so far. It will be interesting to see how her personality balances out Kuze's.

I'm a little disappointed that Chihiro won't be appearing in the sequel. I had hoped to see at least a small cameo; maybe just show how her relationship with Renji is going and such. Same goes for Miyako and Hiro. But anyways~ I'm loving it so far in any case and I can't wait to see more of Yuko. She's such an intriguing character.
Oct 16, 2008 11:53 PM

Mar 2008
Another good eccentric episode XD

In a sense, you do get the feeling that Kuze might die...But I'm in favor of him not dying

The way the episode ran reminded me of Baccano
Oct 16, 2008 11:58 PM

Jun 2007
errr my worst nightmare for this series has come true. F you Mizuki for making me dread watching this now!

With that said, everything else was great. I agree with miyachan about Kuze having some form of Cardiac Arrhythmia. Although I wouldn't say it's something to shake off or dismiss as none threatening, it can be very life threatening. Kuze could drop dead and go into cardiac arrest at any moment from being over excited. I'm guessing this is why he cut his ties with women and lives isolated (for the most part).

Yu's story seems to have been revealed a bit. Not sure if this is 100% correct but here goes.
1) He was an orphan
2) Was good friends with an orphan girl.
3) Fire brakes out at orphanage and girl dies.
4) Yui becomes heart broken and isolates himself from love, affection, and possibly even people.
5) He meets Yuko, who appears to look exactly like the girl who died in the fire. She constantly follows him and calls him brother.
6) a few years later they meet again in high school. She confesses that he is her first love. She also somehow knows about the watch/fire.

I'm guessing she may have been related to the girl in the orphanage. A family probably only wanted one kid so she was picked, leaving her sister behind with Yui.
Oct 17, 2008 2:48 AM
Apr 2008
angel999 said:
I found out that the ED is more erotic BUT I will let it pass since it is very artistic and does not offend me but doe give out some ecchi ideas.

I'll try and end this quickly. Art doesn't "give out" ecchi ideas, you conceive those ideas. That they even came to you is proof of your own lewd nature. Further, that you "LOL'd" at the scene where Renji's clothes were being forcefully removed - rather than argue that fanservice in anime is terrible, and should be removed, as I'm sure you would have done if Renji was female... is proof that you're an incredibly perverse individual.

You frustrate me so much it's hard to enjoy the anime.
Oct 17, 2008 4:54 AM
Jun 2007
Purple_Grenadier said:
angel999 said:
I found out that the ED is more erotic BUT I will let it pass since it is very artistic and does not offend me but doe give out some ecchi ideas.

I'll try and end this quickly. Art doesn't "give out" ecchi ideas, you conceive those ideas. That they even came to you is proof of your own lewd nature. Further, that you "LOL'd" at the scene where Renji's clothes were being forcefully removed - rather than argue that fanservice in anime is terrible, and should be removed, as I'm sure you would have done if Renji was female... is proof that you're an incredibly perverse individual.

You frustrate me so much it's hard to enjoy the anime.

Quoted the truth.
Oct 17, 2008 7:23 AM

Apr 2007
The two "Kuze's" symbolize his music and his condition. From what I gathered, he gave up everything he had to go study music abroad, but then he had to give that up because of a health problem? Or his health problem made him completely lose the confidence or the "heart" he had while he played his music. Music isn't just playing a bunch of tones, afterall. It's about what the musician feels in his heart. So I liked when Mizuki said it was like a lover whispering in your ear, it's quite a beautiful image.

The problem doesn't lie so much in the difference in their ages, I believe. But Kuze practically gave up on everything in his life - not only the bad moments, but the good moments, since he burnt a letter from Hirono. Will he give up on Mizuki too, or will he play the violin once again? I can't wait to see how that will play out.

Also, as someone who isn't in her twenties yet, I've personally liked someone a lot older before. It's not something out of this world, nor is it creepy or wrong. Is liking someone for what they are wrong? Is finally in love with someone despite their appearance, or age, or sex wrong?

[This is my attempt at trying to put some discussion into this discussion topic]

As for Yu and Yuko... It's so sad. Yuko parted while thinking Yu didn't need her anymore. I don't think she really cared about being his "sister", but that's probably what got them close, and for him to say he didn't need a sister anymore, then that meant he didn't need her anymore. Without realizing how he had hurt her, he felt betrayed and decided to stop putting so much trust in people. I wonder if there will actually be a triangle between him, Yuko and Hirono.

There is definitely something wrong with Hirono too, but I just can't pick what it is yet... I wonder if Yu, or even Yuuko will be able to help her there.

I also wonder if Miyako, Hiro, Chihiro or Kei will make an appearance soon~ I definitely want to see some cute Chihiro and Renji scene. It'd make me smile like an idiot.

As for this topic... -_- Guys, I think the best that can be done is ignore those comments by now. We don't want the future threads to end up like the first one. It'll just ruin any potential discussion.
MaxwellLilyOct 17, 2008 7:27 AM
Oct 17, 2008 9:55 AM

Mar 2008
damn this episode was AMAZING. made me cry, the sister dieing part. KNOW i understand whts going on with tht relationship. really amazing
it really has lived up to my expectations of ef, thankfully it has kept to its mystery and brilliant artwork and protrayal of story
i also LOVED the renji parts! hes amazing!! <3 <3 <3
however, the first season i think is still by far the best, mainly because the memory arc was soooo epic and also because i love renji <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2008 11:08 AM

Jul 2008
AngelLily said:
The two "Kuze's" symbolize his music and his condition. From what I gathered, he gave up everything he had to go study music abroad, but then he had to give that up because of a health problem? Or his health problem made him completely lose the confidence or the "heart" he had while he played his music. Music isn't just playing a bunch of tones, afterall. It's about what the musician feels in his heart. So I liked when Mizuki said it was like a lover whispering in your ear, it's quite a beautiful image.

The problem doesn't lie so much in the difference in their ages, I believe. But Kuze practically gave up on everything in his life - not only the bad moments, but the good moments, since he burnt a letter from Hirono. Will he give up on Mizuki too, or will he play the violin once again? I can't wait to see how that will play out.

Also, as someone who isn't in her twenties yet, I've personally liked someone a lot older before. It's not something out of this world, nor is it creepy or wrong. Is liking someone for what they are wrong? Is finally in love with someone despite their appearance, or age, or sex wrong?

[This is my attempt at trying to put some discussion into this discussion topic]

As for Yu and Yuko... It's so sad. Yuko parted while thinking Yu didn't need her anymore. I don't think she really cared about being his "sister", but that's probably what got them close, and for him to say he didn't need a sister anymore, then that meant he didn't need her anymore. Without realizing how he had hurt her, he felt betrayed and decided to stop putting so much trust in people. I wonder if there will actually be a triangle between him, Yuko and Hirono.

There is definitely something wrong with Hirono too, but I just can't pick what it is yet... I wonder if Yu, or even Yuuko will be able to help her there.

I also wonder if Miyako, Hiro, Chihiro or Kei will make an appearance soon~ I definitely want to see some cute Chihiro and Renji scene. It'd make me smile like an idiot.

As for this topic... -_- Guys, I think the best that can be done is ignore those comments by now. We don't want the future threads to end up like the first one. It'll just ruin any potential discussion.

Yes, yes I AGREED 100% WITH THE UNCONDITIONAL love that AngeLily is talking about that it does not matter about that age (as long as both humans are 18 of age) nor gender nor even appearance or condition HOWEVER AngelLily please tell me how Mizuki will deal with this should Kuze suffer due his excitement over her.....WOULD HE NOT HAVE PAIN?

The question is going to be HOW MUCH KUZE WILL SUFFER FOR MIZUKI?? Since his conditions does get worse upon extreme palpitations of the heart.

The whole Yuu/Yuuko arc......did you not see that the flashbacks Yuu sister (Yuko reminded him of her (CAUSE SHE LOOKS A LITTLE LIKE HER). That in itself was PSYCHOLOGICALLY HURTFUL to him. REMEMBER he did not see any psychologist nor take any treatment after all these events. In society it would be THE NORM for him to get observed by a psychologist.

That is why he left her. He could not stare at her too much so he did not want her to be near him.
Oct 17, 2008 11:19 AM

Apr 2007
angel999 said:
Yes, yes I AGREED 100% WITH THE UNCONDITIONAL love that AngeLily is talking about that it does not matter about that age (as long as both humans are 18 of age) nor gender nor even appearance or condition HOWEVER AngelLily please tell me how Mizuki will deal with this should Kuze suffer due his excitement over her.....WOULD HE NOT HAVE PAIN?

The question is going to be HOW MUCH KUZE WILL SUFFER FOR MIZUKI?? Since his conditions does get worse upon extreme palpitations of the heart.

The whole Yuu/Yuuko arc......did you not see that the flashbacks Yuu sister (Yuko reminded him of her (CAUSE SHE LOOKS A LITTLE LIKE HER). That in itself was PSYCHOLOGICALLY HURTFUL to him. REMEMBER he did not see any psychologist nor take any treatment after all these events. In society it would be THE NORM for him to get observed by a psychologist.

That is why he left her. He could not stare at her too much so he did not want her to be near him.

I like how you're like "YES, UNCODITIONAL LOVE (as long as they're legal)".

Also, the girl with the memory worthy of 12 hours has a boyfriend and does not forget about him. Details about Kuze and his illness were not given to us yet, so all we can do for now is especulate.

You don't need to POST TO ME IN CAPS things I've already noticed. I've never said it wasn't a pain to him, at all. In fact, I said:

Without realizing how he had hurt her, he felt betrayed and decided to stop putting so much trust in people.

Add that to how she reminded him of the other "girl", and we have a perfectly emotionally unstable individual. I don't know if you noticed, but he didn't leave her. She left him, she moved in with another relative, and he was left behind.
MaxwellLilyOct 17, 2008 11:22 AM
Oct 17, 2008 11:38 AM

Dec 2007
hahas . i find that mizuki & kuze looks cute ^^ hahas .
but i dont get the part wit yuko ><

Oct 17, 2008 12:53 PM

Mar 2008
hm hm good episode. the visual tricks they do are pretty effective, and the scene that happens in kuze's head was quite well done.
Oct 17, 2008 1:52 PM

Jul 2008
AngelLily said:
angel999 said:

I like how you're like "YES, UNCODITIONAL LOVE (as long as they're legal)".

Also, the girl with the memory worthy of 12 hours has a boyfriend and does not forget about him. Details about Kuze and his illness were not given to us yet, so all we can do for now is especulate.

You don't need to POST TO ME IN CAPS things I've already noticed. I've never said it wasn't a pain to him, at all. In fact, I said:

Without realizing how he had hurt her, he felt betrayed and decided to stop putting so much trust in people.

Add that to how she reminded him of the other "girl", and we have a perfectly emotionally unstable individual. I don't know if you noticed, but he didn't leave her. She left him, she moved in with another relative, and he was left behind.

Wasn't it like she left cause someone picked her up since she wanted.
Oct 17, 2008 1:52 PM

Aug 2008
So...boring episode...I think I'm officially tired of anime using broad diseases and blowing them way, way out of proportion. I believe this is the third show I've seen this year where the character has symptoms of this particular disease, and its getting quite hackneyed.

I could hardly pay attention because of the ridiculousy grandiose metaphor of metronomes. I just finished Memories last week, and if I'm not mistaken, I don't remember metaphor being so blatantly obvious. The sheep story and even the story within a story convention were both handled rather well. This is the second episode and we now have two overused metaphors to deal with...masks and metronomes. I wonder if every episode will have its own failed attempt at subtle figuratve language and imagery.
Oct 17, 2008 1:59 PM

Apr 2007
angel999 said:
Wasn't it like she left cause someone picked her up since she wanted.

Hmm what? They were all up for adoption. Someone picked her up, and she left.
Oct 17, 2008 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
I think the story about Yuu and Yuko is far from being able to discuss since all we learned are:
-Yuu has a sister who is already dead.
-Yuko is someone else that come into contact with Yuu after his sister died (maybe)
-Yuko confessed to Yuu while they were in high school which is should happened before the first season started.
-As for the present we have no idea what happen between Yuu and Yuko and the only thing we know so far is that Yuu went to meet Yuko at the church at the end of the first season.
-Everything we learned so far about Yuu and Yuko from this 2 episodes are only from the past and there is almost nothing we could used to discuss here.

On the other hand, the story about Mizuki and Kuze is pretty much open here. First off, it has to be Kuze' illness, if you notice it a little bit you should figure out that Kuze always sleep in the day time which is a little bit different from a normal people and in this episode you could see that Kuze fall asleep without he even realized it(due to his illness?) Second, why did Kuze abandoned everything except a few things like the Mask, Violen, Girl's cloths(Cosplay?) and Metronome?
About Mizuki, I guess we will learn something about her past soon and the last pic of ED should tell you something or you should have figured out who they really are.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 17, 2008 5:13 PM

Feb 2008
Amazing again: The arty animation! ^^

But somehow there was something missing for me in this episode. Maybe it was the background music which imo didnt catch the melancholic mood like in the first episode. This part of the show was rather funny than thought-provoking (...which is not bad at all).
Kuze tststs *shaking head*. Once a womanizer, always a womanizer. Even while trying to avoid contact, he attracts the girls and makes one fall in love. Im smelling "tears and drama" folks. Looking forward to it.... :]
Oct 17, 2008 7:45 PM

Jun 2007
AngelLily said:

There are several reasons why I dislike it when young women hook up with much older men.
1) It's been done a lot in past shows. Normally between a naive and semi-energetic young girl and a young adult/middle aged man. Normally he's anti-social or into something women consider romantic like art or music. And in most cases it ends all happy and clicke like too.

2) I've had bad experiences with a few past g/fs leaving me for much older men (5 or 6 years older then themselves). They later find out that the older guy wasn't right for them and attempting to come back to me, expecting me to just accept them with open arms.

Don't get me wrong though I'm fine with women going out with guys 2 or 3 years older then them, but when the girl is or looks like she's in high school and the guy is or looks like he's 26 or older, it just doesn't feel right. Show's that bring elements like that just don't set well with me, personally. Especially ones where the couple end up happy in the end.

This is of course my personal opinion. Everyone has their own reasons for liking it or disliking it.
Oct 17, 2008 8:57 PM

Sep 2007
No offense, but most these posts are tl;dr. I just want to say that rarely are males one my favorite characters in an anime, but I really like how cool Kuze acts and he's musically inclined like me. Lol when Mizuki kept banging his head on the table. XD

Oct 17, 2008 9:34 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:
I agree. He's existing without really living. Mizuki believes every day "is a special day", while Kuze is the exact opposite. While he should be thankful for every day he has (depending on his illness), he instead surrounds himself with nothing -- I mean look at his apartment, his life --- maybe so he feels like he won't miss anything if he's gone? Interesting how Yuu and him are very similar to each other in this regard. Is this why Yuu is the only one he partially allows into his true life?

AngelLily said:
I don't know about a triange, either. Hirono just seems so ... lifeless. If I had to compare her to someone, she reminds me of Yuki from Haruhi -- almost robot-like. I can't see her feeling possessive about Yuu or even having any particular attachment to him; at least with what we've seen of her so far. If I remember correctly, Hiro also was closed off due to family issues at home, was he not?

DeathfireD said:
There are several reasons why I dislike it when young women hook up with much older men....
1)All pairings have been done a lot in every anime :) Name me one pair that hasn't been done? The only one I can think of is older woman and younger man, which I have seen in a lot of manga ;)
2) I don't really want to comment on your personal experiences, because those are your own and not something I consider up for discussion. But I will say this: some people have problems choosing decent people to go out with, no matter what age it is they are choosing... *hugs* I mean no ill will whatsoever :)

[continues AngelLily's stab at a discussion]

Sometimes older men are better for women. Older men are often more ready to settle down, have usually experienced many relationships and have had their "fun time", and are more mature. Men that are more mature than their age usually don't mind dating girls their own age or younger because men usually like to be the protector. But women who are more mature and would perhaps like to feel some of that protection and higher level of maturity from their partners may seek out older men. (Note: I'm not talking about sleazy older men here, and there are sleazy younger men, too.)

As a mature young woman who's in a relationship with a boy in my own age group, sometimes I think it would be nice to date an older man who has more experience than me. Who can also guide me, rather than me always guiding. Who has some sense of who he is, rather than just beginning to discover it. With most of the guys I've dated, more than half the time I've felt like their mommies ><
Oct 17, 2008 10:19 PM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:
AngelLily said:

There are several reasons why I dislike it when young women hook up with much older men.
1) It's been done a lot in past shows. Normally between a naive and semi-energetic young girl and a young adult/middle aged man. Normally he's anti-social or into something women consider romantic like art or music. And in most cases it ends all happy and clicke like too.

2) I've had bad experiences with a few past g/fs leaving me for much older men (5 or 6 years older then themselves). They later find out that the older guy wasn't right for them and attempting to come back to me, expecting me to just accept them with open arms.

Don't get me wrong though I'm fine with women going out with guys 2 or 3 years older then them, but when the girl is or looks like she's in high school and the guy is or looks like he's 26 or older, it just doesn't feel right. Show's that bring elements like that just don't set well with me, personally. Especially ones where the couple end up happy in the end.

This is of course my personal opinion. Everyone has their own reasons for liking it or disliking it.

I agreed with all the above but I want to add that older man tend to not last too long. It is said that it would be better to date one of his age and I was always told to hang around people of my age anyways so I took that as better to love one of the same age or not oo broad of a age gap. Good example was Celine Dion and Renee Angeline, who the age gaps were like 30 or 40 years apart. Sure they still live fine but I guaranteed you that Celine will outlive Renee.
Oct 18, 2008 7:25 AM

Apr 2007
DeathfireD said:

Totally respecting your opinion there :3 But for the sake of discussion:

1) Going with what Kineta said, all kinds of different pairings has been done in anime. A teacher seriously in love with a student, a student in love with a teacher, a highschool girl who is already a housewive, and the list goes on and on.

Also going with what Kineta said, it is a fact, and I'm not trying to insult any male here, that girls mature earlier than males. If you want to see for yourself, try having a serious talk with a 16 year old girl, and doing the same with a 16 year old boy and try to see how it goes. I'm going to try and not generalize that all male teenagers are immature, but it's not rare for girls to prefer older men and seek them instead.

There is the problem of what a young girl wants and what an older man wants, though, I give you that. If you take episode 1 for example, and how Kuze turned a completely innocent comment into a sex reference.

But I'm willing to try and see how this is going to turn out, especially since ef has not disappointed me before. But like I said, more than the age difference, there are other problems to be considered in their relationship.

@Kineta: I'm totally curious about Hirono and what's "wrong" with her. She tries to paint a portrait of herself, but like Yuu said, artists don't tend to use themselves as a nude model like she does. What is she seeking within herself? What is she missing? All I know is that she cares about Yu, since she tried to help him giving him a sketchbook. That kind of broke the "robotic" appearance of her.
MaxwellLilyOct 18, 2008 7:33 AM
Oct 18, 2008 5:47 PM

Apr 2007
angel999 said:
YUKO IS KAWAIIIII WHEN YOUNG!

I second that. one of the best parts of the episode. :3

the metronome was interesting and the confession at the last minute was cute~
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 18, 2008 11:15 PM

Jan 2008
As expected of ef - this episode was mysteriously beautiful :)

Yuu's past seems really tragic and it was sweet how Yuko was always there for him~ The part where they were children and Yuko departed Yuu after their quarrel was sad, I thought she felt that Yuu didn't want her around. But then Yuko coming back and expressing her feelings caught me a little off guard, nonetheless it was touching.

However, I'm beginning to wonder about Hirono - she seems awfully troubled and I would love to learn why. Not to mention I want to know what she thinks of Yuu, and moreover - Yuko's appearance.

Kuze and Mizuki's relationship?
Eh, there's a lot of "discussion" on this topic and a lot of opinions stated. Well, I respect everyone's opinion - and my thoughts on this matter are that Kuze and Mizuki are fine together. I can't come up with a foolproof justifiable answer - however I feel that age shouldn't matter. Mizuki obviously cares about Kuze, and Kuze... well, he's just being himself. They're both sweet.

I hope to see more of Renji and Chihiro, Hirono and Miyako, and even Kei and Kyosuke :)
Can't wait for the next episode~

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Oct 19, 2008 4:45 AM

Aug 2008
Love the episode...
I still have the same obsession as ef~ memories...yeah!
Mizuki is so cute in the nurse? uniform~
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 19, 2008 2:13 PM

Sep 2007
I have a question that I wonder about from this episode. Didn't Yuu say in last season that Chihiro was his sister? At least she called him brother. Does that measn that he was adopted into a family that later had chihiro and Kei, or was they adopted as well?

Anyway. I love this episode and I can't wait to see more, but i really wish we got to see Chihiro and Renji together, that would be so cute <3

Yuu and Yuuko's arc is interesting, and I wonder what Nagi's story is.
Oct 19, 2008 2:41 PM

Apr 2007
E_chan said:
I have a question that I wonder about from this episode. Didn't Yuu say in last season that Chihiro was his sister? At least she called him brother. Does that measn that he was adopted into a family that later had chihiro and Kei, or was they adopted as well?

Anyway. I love this episode and I can't wait to see more, but i really wish we got to see Chihiro and Renji together, that would be so cute <3

Yuu was Chihiro's guardian, not exactly her brother.
Oct 19, 2008 3:26 PM

Jul 2008
I like this episode because it explained Yuu and Yuko's story more than the last one. Although I don't really like Mizuki and Kuze's because I don't really like Mizuki. She's just getting on my nerves for some reason. I could stand her in the lst episode, but now shes just annoying me. I almost passed this series up because I didn't like her in memories. But I love Yuko. She's so cute and mysterious.
Oct 20, 2008 12:17 AM

Jul 2008
AngelLily said:
E_chan said:

Yuu was Chihiro's guardian, not exactly her brother.

Yeah exactly what I though but also I wonder if there was some adoption done in order to take in Chihiro???
Oct 20, 2008 3:47 PM

Dec 2007
To be honest, this is starting out pretty much the way ef-Memories did.

Beautiful imagery that leads up to a fantastic love story that really GRABS you towards the end and becomes something really special.

And that's a good thing.

Also, I love SHAFT.
Oct 20, 2008 9:36 PM

Oct 2007
Why is it that people like to make media-fed statements without coming up with their own perspectives? Really, I'm surprised to see some people already make judgments this early on. Sure, under the circumstances that an older man takes advantage of young girl, that is wrong, but that's not the case here. Mizuki merely has fallen in love with Kuze's music. In any case, for someone like her to fall in love with someone older doesn't seem that strange either. Students fall in love with teachers all the time. Whether that is right or wrong is debatable, but by a certain age and maturity, I'd like to think love surpasses age, race, and even gender, for that matter. As for cliche, I didn't find the presentation of anything cliche yet. If you're going to broaden your definition of what is cliche, then you might as well say every love story is unoriginal. The way I see it, if someone is trying to tell you an original story and it doesn't obviously follow a format or outline of something you've seen before, then you can't say it's a cliche. And really guys, stop with the nit-picking...geez
Oct 20, 2008 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
AegisReborn said:
Why is it that people like to make media-fed statements without coming up with their own perspectives? Really, I'm surprised to see some people already make judgments this early on. Sure, under the circumstances that an older man takes advantage of young girl, that is wrong, but that's not the case here. Mizuki merely has fallen in love with Kuze's music. In any case, for someone like her to fall in love with someone older doesn't seem that strange either. Students fall in love with teachers all the time. Whether that is right or wrong is debatable, but by a certain age and maturity, I'd like to think love surpasses age, race, and even gender, for that matter. As for cliche, I didn't find the presentation of anything cliche yet. If you're going to broaden your definition of what is cliche, then you might as well say every love story is unoriginal. The way I see it, if someone is trying to tell you an original story and it doesn't obviously follow a format or outline of something you've seen before, then you can't say it's a cliche. And really guys, stop with the nit-picking...geez

Let me get to the point......people think that Mizuki might be 16 so being with Kuze is wrong cause he is over 18. No matter where you look in reality or not.....18 is the age of maturity. Love is mature subject in general cause it involves responsibility and feelings. Trust me feelings ain't really there till you are 18. I went through to many screw ups to have known better to be patient.

As long as all are 18 I am not going to judge by Mizuki still does not look 18 to me. That's why.

Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
AegisReborn said:

Let me get to the point......people think that Mizuki might be 16 so being with Kuze is wrong cause he is over 18. No matter where you look in reality or not.....18 is the age of maturity. Love is mature subject in general cause it involves responsibility and feelings. Trust me feelings ain't really there till you are 18. I went through to many screw ups to have known better to be patient.

As long as all are 18 I am not going to judge by Mizuki still does not look 18 to me. That's why.

What? There is no set age at when someone matures enough to love. Again, you're rambling out of your ass based on your own beliefs. Other cultures have different ideals, did you know that? Probably not. If one has feelings for someone who is much older, who are you to judge them and tell them they're wrong?

And really? Just because an anime character doesn't look 18, then you automatically refuse to believe they are that age? I'd hate to think how you would interpret Lucky Star characters then.

Ok based on what you said ARE YOU SAYING THAT A GUY WHO IS 18 CAN LOVE A 7 YEAR OLD????? THEY CAN KISS THEM AND DO ECCHI THINGS WITH THEM???

MAN YOU ARE SICK! THE AGE IS 18 PUT THAT IN YOUR HEAD GUY!!!!!!!

Cultures..........SOME CULTURES NEED TO BE DESTROYED FOR THEIR SINS!!! After all the the cities who practiced FORBIDDEN INTERCOURSE GOT BURNED TO THE GROUND! I know about your culture crap......SORRY SOME OF THEM ARE REJECTED BY ME!

Yeah the looks thing.........well I am just thinking more in a realistic way for this series but NO NOT ALL SERIES ARE EASY TO ASSESS THE AGE. Like loli teachers. That I get somehow.
angel999Oct 21, 2008 3:55 AM
Oct 20, 2008 9:49 PM

Nov 2007
Thank you Shaft, for reminding me I'm artistically retarded.

Also, urge to rewatch Memories rising.
Oct 21, 2008 1:11 AM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
AegisReborn said:

What? There is no set age at when someone matures enough to love. Again, you're rambling out of your ass based on your own beliefs. Other cultures have different ideals, did you know that? Probably not. If one has feelings for someone who is much older, who are you to judge them and tell them they're wrong?

And really? Just because an anime character doesn't look 18, then you automatically refuse to believe they are that age? I'd hate to think how you would interpret Lucky Star characters then.
Oct 21, 2008 6:08 AM
Aug 2008
angel999 said:

Ok based on what you said ARE YOU SAYING THAT A GUY WHO IS 18 CAN LOVE A 7 YEAR OLD????? THEY CAN KISS THEM AND DO ECCHI THINGS WITH THEM???

Cultures..........SOME CULTURES NEED TO BE DESTROYED FOR THEIR SINS!!! After all the the cities who practiced FORBIDDEN INTERCOURSE GOT BURNED TO THE GROUND! I know about your culture crap......SORRY SOME OF THEM ARE REJECTED BY ME!

Yeah the looks thing.........well I am just thinking more in a realistic way for this series but NO NOT ALL SERIES ARE EASY TO ASSESS THE AGE. Like loli teachers. That I get somehow.

Your way of argumenting is very immature. SHOUTING in web forums and putting words into other's mouths is not the right way to do that. Anyway if you didn't get what Wasabi was saying, he basically said that anyone can love at any age and that's totally true. If you were rejected in your teens many times it doesn't mean that love can't exist before the age of 18. And everyone develops at their own speed. 18 is not some kind of magic number witch means total maturity. It's just an legal age when you are allowed to vote for the next president and do other stuff. Some mature faster and some slower(after 18).

And you know, theres many types of love. Why couldn't a 18 years old person love someone that is 7 years old? Of course a sexual relationship would be wrong because people start to develop sexually about after the age of 12 but Wasabi was never talking about sex. He was talking about love and you don't seem to understand that love isn't allways related to sex.

Making ecchi thing sound just so funny! :D At least thanks for the laughs. :P

Anyway on topic I'm really looking forward on this series. Looks great so far, like the prequel. The op and ed themes are also at least as good, it just takes some time to get used to them.
TuomozOct 21, 2008 6:24 AM
Oct 21, 2008 11:02 AM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
AegisReborn said:

Are you serious? Please tell me you were kidding. At least tell me you're a troll so I know you're doing this on purpose. Way to twist my words around.

Tuomoz said it right when I said people can love at any age. If you want to start talking about intimate relations between two people, that's a slightly different story but I still stand by my words. I don't condone pedophilia nor do I agree with sex at an early age, but if a 16 year old wants to be with a 25 year old, who am I to question them? Who are YOU to question their feelings and tell them they're wrong?

And no, I will not PUT THAT IN MY HEAD. 18 is NOT the age. You don't need to be 18 to commit to an intimate relationship. Just because certain laws in certain countries say 18 is the legal age one can get married does not mean they cannot still commit to a relationship earlier. Just because YOU have failed relationships in your early ages does not mean all relationships before 18 fail. Are you that thick headed?

I don't even know where to begin on your comments on culture. I'd be seriously afraid to know what your political standings are. Yes, some cultures have controversial beliefs, that is quite true but to the point of them needing "TO BE DESTROYED FOR THEIR SINS"? Are you out of your mind? It's people like you and this belief that we will never see a unified humanity.

You have a nice way of contradicting yourself, did you know that? Even if you're trying to apply a "realistic way" of portraying characters, you can't seriously expect every single character to look their age, right? Even so, you can't believe a perfectly normal looking teenage character is 18 years old but you can believe a teacher that looks like she's 5 years old? Ridiculous.
WasabiOct 21, 2008 11:13 AM
Oct 21, 2008 11:17 AM
Jun 2007
angel999, You're getting a little too annoying, imo at least. Go away. Seriously. You troll too much - I don't enjoy the discussions here as much as I was before. Like seriously, what's with this discussion?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aidouca - Dec 22, 2008

257 by SenpaiMY92 »»
Dec 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 8, 2008

196 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 2, 2008

84 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.