Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 2012 2:12 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No Renton.

The Secret speaks. They are apparently here to destroy the quartz? Generation Blue chief orders everyone to destroy the Secrets? Naru, typeZero and Eureka in next ep.

I really don't know much Japanese, but I could understand most of the previous episodes. Not this one though.
Jul 26, 2012 2:58 PM
Aug 2010
2 weeks break

BONES

Jul 26, 2012 3:14 PM

Dec 2009
Are you kidding me?; 2 weeks break?

Bones just want to make us suffer.
Jul 26, 2012 3:55 PM

Dec 2007
Hiatus probably due to olympics. Are other broadcasters having a break too?
Jul 26, 2012 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
Well maybe they will shoot the screenwriter, at last, and will bring the old author back to save the show...
Where is the magic of original E7? Where are emotions that made crazy? Where is touching story-line?
I do realize that it was a fairy tale, but it was a story you want to dive into.
As for this one, I do not feel anything about it... Oh no, sorry, I do feel... great disappointment.

And emotions... this makes E7 different from 95% of all other anime series.
Just look at the pictures below. Have you seen the same emotions in this one?
(For sure many people will post similar screenshots from AO, but be honest, do they feel the same? )

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc308/AkariSato/Eureka%207/Renton-and-Eureka.jpg

http://karmaburn.com/files/screenshots/eureka7/anemone4801.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nb7ga4A1Xk4/SfUiGLdEMiI/AAAAAAAABxA/4_pepqk7450/s1600/family.jpg

http://www.sdsandwiches.com/omegaskies-holland-small.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9407/eureka892.png

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1410/eureka89.png

http://grayphantom.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/g_p-eureka-seven-39x264258dc408mkv-00000.jpg

http://i.animecrazy.net/Eureka_7.jpg

http://i.animecrazy.net/eureka_seven_summer_of_love.jpg
Jul 26, 2012 5:24 PM
Jul 2012
a_guest said:
Well maybe they will shoot the screenwriter, at last, and will bring the old author back to save the show...
Where is the magic of original E7? Where are emotions that made crazy? Where is touching story-line?
I do realize that it was a fairy tale, but it was a story you want to dive into.
As for this one, I do not feel anything about it... Oh no, sorry, I do feel... great disappointment.

(For sure many people will post similar screenshots from AO, but be honest, do they feel the same? )

I completely agree with you. E7 was so epic, and emotional it gives me butterfly's just thinking about it! What E7 AO really lacks I think is good developed characters who have strong connections. I wish in E7 AO we would get to know the generation blue crew a little better. I also wish Naru would have gone with AO in the beginning and had thier journey together like Eureka and Renton. It would be nice is AO had a strong emotional connection to SOMEBODY! Or if when Naru was taken by truth he would have gone to save her despite what gen. blue said! Or if he would have cried uncontrolaby when he saw his mom for the first time in 11 years! It's so frustrating. It's like he doesn't care. Why can't he have more of Renton's quality's. Despite Renton's wimpy-ness he would have done ANYTHING for Eureka and The Gekko State. Ugh. I just want better characters, better connections. Better everything.

Let's face it
, we're all only watching this series to see our beloved Renton, Eureka, Anemone, Dominic, TheEND, and the Nirvash again.
Jul 26, 2012 5:33 PM

Dec 2009
Momoko11 said:
Let's face it
, we're all only watching this series to see our beloved Renton, Eureka, Anemone, Dominic, TheEND, and the Nirvash again.

I like Ao, it is a good show but you nailed something: these past weeks many people have wanted to see a new episode just for Renton, Eureka, Gekkostate and all the characters of the original E7.
Jul 26, 2012 5:38 PM

Nov 2007
Ao wanted to get stronger, but got shot by human type secret. People worrying about him not acting well because of Eureka.

Revealing of secret in public.

Secrets are here for the weird plants?

Next ep. airing August 16, 2012... because of Olympic?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 26, 2012 6:37 PM

Dec 2011
Japan needs an ESPN Japan.

I guess I should be grateful that they're airing the new episode before I start work on rotations
Jul 26, 2012 6:41 PM
Feb 2012
Momoko11 said:
Let's face it

The series truly started for me when Eureka showed up. 'nuff said lol

New characters are shit. Ivica is interesting, and since Elena started to show her true face, she stopped being annoying bitch and become very interesting too. Maybe someone else but that's about it. Original E7 characters needed so much less time for me to begin caring about many of them.

This is all just a personal opinion, so take it easy.
Jul 26, 2012 7:17 PM
Jul 2012
I agree with you The_trainman. If any of the E7 characters would have died, I would have balled my eyes out. Even the ones who hardly spoke. But if someone in E7 AO died...I might care a bit, but honestly it would be just one less unimportant annoying character to worry about. They have no real connections to each other...so I mean we as an audience don't either.
Jul 26, 2012 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
It speaks!

Meh, 2 week break..
Jul 26, 2012 9:25 PM
May 2012
I swear if there is a 2 week break I'm going to be extremely pissed! Only because that's ALL I've got left of my Summer Vacation before I go back to school and I was extremely hoping to see Renton before then. I know there is no guarantee that he will show up in the next 2 episodes but you get what I'm saying. I did think it was a good episode anyways. I only wish there was subtitles right now.

I know it was simple math but this series should end mid September and if the 2 week break is true, then in early October, likely on the 5th as long as there is no more interruptions.
Jul 26, 2012 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
It speaks!

Meh, 2 week break..

More like 3 weeks :/ We got to wait until August 16th. If we account until its released that is.
Jul 27, 2012 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
ye its gonna have a 2 weeks break because of the Olympics *shrugs*
Jul 27, 2012 8:20 AM
Jul 2012
God why is it taking forever for the subs to come out
Jul 27, 2012 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
SpiritxGun36 said:
God why is it taking forever for the subs to come out

download the raw for now if you cannot wait its only less than 200mb
Jul 27, 2012 9:27 AM
Jun 2012
Well considering that today is the Olympics, i don't think we will see an subbed version in a while. I checked gg fan-subs this morning and theres nothing about them canceling the subbing for the show. So i guess we will have to wait for a while, unless they actually do it now. >.<
Jul 27, 2012 9:48 AM

May 2012
*taps foot*
Jul 27, 2012 9:56 AM
Feb 2012
Nobody noticed this on gg site?

Reminder: E7/Joshiraku delayed by exams.
Jul 27, 2012 11:17 AM

Jul 2012
Rogalicus said:
a_guest said:

How many series have you watched?

Please read till the end :-)
First of all, your question needs to be rephrased: How many titles have you started to watch and dropped after 2-4 episodes (it is quite hard to watch something, you don't like). Well somewhere between 40 and 100. Most of it was so rubbish that I can not even remember the titles themselves. So, a small, but base for statistics.

I guess your next question will be "Then how can you say FOR 95% of ALL anime series, when you haven't watched all of them?", or something like this...
Anyway.

My opinion is also easy to explain.The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. Or more practical "80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients". This rule have proved itself to be true, in many aspects of life. So i guess (sorry if I'm wrong :0) ) it can be applied to anime series as well (20% of anime generates 80% of anime fans(based on emotions they felt)). For each person this 20% list may vary (people are different ?? :)), BUT there are still titles that can ally people with different tastes.
And I'm not talking about most popular series, at ongoing/short period, but about series that may have never been on the top, but mentioned and remembered for a long time because of emotional, let's call it "stress", they are remembered, and can
To avoid long stories and discussions I will give some of my favorite titles:
Eureka Seven: Psalms of planets,
Ghost in a shell (all of them),
Ergo Proxy,
Future diary,
some others, but let's keep it short.
So I don't think that many people here will like Ergo Proxy for example, but E7 and Ghost in a shell will get their "Likes" from most of the people.So, I presume some more series will be filtered. And so on...

And in my, persomal case, E7 was "different", for no logical reason. Ghost in a shell, Ergo Proxy - great, interesting, emotional but E7 still "different". How many of "different" ones do you have?:)

It is all very raw, and numbers may vary (be more or less), and my explanation can be quite bad, but I hope, that I could explain the idea.
Or not...
:)

And i still hope that they will (shoot) fire(sounds better) the screenwriter, at last, and will bring the old author back.
Jul 27, 2012 1:26 PM
Aug 2010
Linkark07 said:
Momoko11 said:
Let's face it

I like Ao, it is a good show but you nailed something: these past weeks many people have wanted to see a new episode just for Renton, Eureka, Gekkostate and all the characters of the original E7.

well its a sequel after all :P

@a_guest sato dai was doing E7 right ? i love him, but most ppl seem to hate him :(
triforcebihJul 27, 2012 1:32 PM
Jul 27, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
So when will this Subbed episode be released, next week or 2 weeks from now?
Jul 27, 2012 4:05 PM
Aug 2010
http://araaraufufu.wordpress.com/

they delivered. ( they got better translations than gg but gg is usualy faster )
Jul 27, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
I'm loving the series so far ^_^ Although I wish they would give us some answers, and I do miss the whole continuing romance thing like they had with Renton and Eureka.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jul 27, 2012 4:30 PM
Jan 2009
triforcebih said:
http://araaraufufu.wordpress.com/

they delivered. ( they got better translations than gg but gg is usualy faster )

Hopefully they will be faster in the future now that I'm there.

:P

EDIT: also, permalink to the specific post is here - http://araaraufufu.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/eureka-seven-ao-15/
Pie is delicious.

Jul 27, 2012 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode; was mostly build-up, but solid, nonetheless.

I believe there was a tweet from the director saying something along the lines of: "Doing episode 16 like a finale", so I'm expecting great things from next episode.

Too bad we'll have to wait till AUGUST 16th for it.
Jul 27, 2012 5:42 PM

Sep 2009
Momoko11 said:
a_guest said:

I completely agree with you. E7 was so epic, and emotional it gives me butterfly's just thinking about it! What E7 AO really lacks I think is good developed characters who have strong connections. I wish in E7 AO we would get to know the generation blue crew a little better. I also wish Naru would have gone with AO in the beginning and had thier journey together like Eureka and Renton. It would be nice is AO had a strong emotional connection to SOMEBODY! Or if when Naru was taken by truth he would have gone to save her despite what gen. blue said! Or if he would have cried uncontrolaby when he saw his mom for the first time in 11 years! It's so frustrating. It's like he doesn't care. Why can't he have more of Renton's quality's. Despite Renton's wimpy-ness he would have done ANYTHING for Eureka and The Gekko State. Ugh. I just want better characters, better connections. Better everything.

Let's face it
I agree. I simply liked the characters in E7 more. Some of the characters in AO aren't bad...but I don't feel the chemistry. E7 had many heartwarming moments that I have yet to feel in AO...lets hope we can experience that feeling again before the end.
Jul 27, 2012 6:02 PM
Feb 2012
Blah blah blah secrets are good, scub is getting pissed because gen bleu jacked teh big quartz. OK episode, nothing to keep me on toes though.
Jul 27, 2012 6:12 PM
Jul 27, 2012 6:16 PM

Jan 2009
the_trainman said:
Blah blah blah secrets are good, scub is getting pissed because gen bleu jacked teh big quartz.

you sum it up nicely

still a good build up episode though
Jul 27, 2012 7:09 PM
Sep 2011
Since Ao has once again wrecked the Mark 1, next episode (said to be the climax) I have a feeling Ao is somehow gonna get the Nirvash typezero from Naru, and pilot it, then BAM something big happens :o
Jul 27, 2012 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
So the secrets are kinda like the Reapers in away lol but what the fuck 2 weeks!? shit looked kinda crazy in the Preview :c
Jul 27, 2012 7:20 PM
Jul 2012
Truth is a humanoid secret.

Just like the coralians made Eureka a coral humaniod.
Jul 27, 2012 8:22 PM
Jul 2012
Solid episode but nothing that exciting. Finally gazelle did something useful. Its getting kind of hard to tell who the villain is
Jul 27, 2012 8:32 PM
Jun 2012
New episode and new questions/doubts...

1. AO mentioned that Kyrie's and Alleluia's 3rd engines have not been activated yet.
2. Nirvash Mk.1 trashed again... and we still haven't seen type TheEND
3. Kids need more "firepower" to fight secrets... (as above... type TheEND?)
4. Geneneratino Bleu wants to destroy all "Secrets" at once in space
5. Naru fights Secrets in Nirvash typeZERO ... wasn't she on Truth's side... or Truth is not on his "kinds" side at all...
6. Eureka in preview... with no "belly" ...
7. Is it the sun that Eureka covers with her head...or is it the moon... and if it's the moon... which one is it? :D
8. Tanaka ain't a bad guy after all too :D (are there any villains in that show?)
9. Mass Effect anyone?

Damn... 3 weeks o.O
nebuchadrezzarJul 27, 2012 8:42 PM
Jul 27, 2012 9:07 PM
Jul 2012
Hrm. The place AO was in when he was dreaming kind of reminded me of the place Eureka and Renton were at the end of E7. Also saw it in the preview when AO saw Eureka. Hopefully he isn't dreaming he's there in the next episode as well when he see Eureka );

Hm. I'm not really believing the whole "talking to a secret thing" for some reason...I mean I just don't think if it could talk it would automatically be able to speak Japanese XDD Also, it could just be Japan trying to trick Gen. Blue >(
Jul 27, 2012 9:43 PM

Feb 2012
Momoko11 said:

Let's face it

Totally agree with your statement. The only reason i check back on this series week after week is to see Renton and Eureka again. First few episodes i accepted the show but now i just dont even care what happens anymore.

Still going to keep watching Ao for the sake of finishing it.
Jul 28, 2012 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
This show can now be named "Theater of Poor Shadows", as everything here looks like a shadow of original...
Even the battle scenes.
Jul 28, 2012 12:48 AM
Jul 2012
good episode, i don't understand why people keep saying how this show doesn't stand up to the original well from what i can tell it's not trying to stand up to the original so stop trying to compare the two. The next episode looks like it's going to be very good, we see eureka again, Naru battling the secrets that looks pretty good should be a interesting episode.

On a side note I really HATE the olympics now, the opening was so stupid it was hilarious and now Eureka seven ao getting delayed total BULL SHIT.(though i can't wait for the beach volleyball to air)
knightofdreadJul 28, 2012 12:52 AM
Jul 28, 2012 1:04 AM

May 2011
knightofdread said:
good episode, i don't understand why people keep saying how this show doesn't stand up to the original well from what i can tell it's not trying to stand up to the original so stop trying to compare the two.

Because it's a direct sequel, why wouldn't we compare it? It doesn't bother me at all that they use a different cast and setting, but are they giving us what we loved about the original? Hell, most of us might not even be watching it if it weren't for the title.
Jul 28, 2012 1:32 AM

Mar 2011
That was good episode but damn 3 weeks hiatus
Jul 28, 2012 2:11 AM

May 2010
things are falling into place like a prefect puzzle, so many question anwsered, thought is would had taken more time.
Jul 28, 2012 2:25 AM

Oct 2008
a_guest said:
This show can now be named "Theater of Poor Shadows", as everything here looks like a shadow of original...
Even the battle scenes.

You've already stated your disdain for the series in two separate posts, so what's the purpose of this one? It's cluttering up the discussion with something you could have expressed neatly in one or two other postings.

kenshin_sama said:

Because it's a direct sequel, why wouldn't we compare it? It doesn't bother me at all that they use a different cast and setting, but are they giving us what we loved about the original? Hell, most of us might not even be watching it if it weren't for the title.

To give my opinion, I agree, they should be compared based upon their own merits and demerits. For instance, I'll agree that the original series had better character development overall, and a greatly imaginative setting and culture that really set itself apart from other titles in the genre. At its expense, the pacing was uneven at best, and lacked the nuances in its world-building and exposition that AO has displayed -- so both series have their own respective strengths and weaknesses. Personally, the reason I believe AO has been so controversial can be summarized between two different groups of people: Those who went in expecting an Eureka Seven: Redux Edition, and those who expected something DIFFERENT. Admittedly, while I went in expecting it to be substantially different based upon what I knew of the series before going in, I wasn't optimistic, as even seven years later, I hadn't really thought of a sequel as being necessary, or even desired in any capacity. Lo and behold, the first episode had me hooked, and there were many aspects that I actually found superior to the original (and still do); so I found this series a pleasant surprise.

Momoko11 said:
Let's face it

Completely wrong; many may not care to make it vocal in this thread, but that's just false. If you're going to ignore all of the other aspects that's made this show stand apart (in a good way, in my opinion), then why are you even watching? I'm happy the producers have tried something daring again with the franchise, and instead avoided a hammy, fan-pandering mess.

Threads such as these should really be the places where we discuss such things, however:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=460249
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=464557
DangerrJul 28, 2012 3:24 AM
Jul 28, 2012 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
Dangerr:

The first post was created, after watching the RAW and the second was related to text (subs). So these are 2 posts about 2 different things.
I agree, that i should mention it.

I also agree that shows can be different, and I hope that in the future episodes there will be some kind of WOW effect, but in some cases it is better to stop (like Treminator 1-2 great 3-and on rubbish).
a_guestJul 28, 2012 3:14 AM
Jul 28, 2012 3:15 AM

Oct 2008
a_guest said:
Dangerr:

The first post was created, after watching the RAW and the second was related to text (subs). So these are 2 posts about 2 different things.
I agree, that i should mention it.

Fair enough. I would just like to try keeping the discussion clutter to a minimum, as we seemingly have a new person every week asking questions or making speculations about something that's already been discussed to death; having to sift through arbitrary chatter or general criticisms of the series can ward off those seeking to have an actual discourse over elements of the episode at hand, or cause them to skip over what's been said to submit their own information, which turns out being either outdated or redundant. There should be a few threads dedicated toward general criticisms of the series.
DangerrJul 28, 2012 3:29 AM
Jul 28, 2012 4:43 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah I'm really only in this for Renton lol..(I hope thats Renton in OP Song cause dude looks fckin boss XD)

To be honest I wish they would of made a sequel about the 3 kids that Eureka and Renton raised in the original E7. To me that would of made a lot more sense because they actually have emotional attachment to Eureka and Renton and not this I hate my dad but love my mom garbage their pushing with AO. Plus with those 3 kids I feel like character development would of actually existed and I could totally believe them trying to do anything to get Renton and Eureka back.

In terms of the episode I thought it was pretty weak. The only good thing about the episode was seeing the Secrets talk.
Cloud4159Jul 28, 2012 4:58 AM
Jul 28, 2012 5:18 AM

Jul 2012
Finally the story inches forward, but damn 2 week break. Why?
Jul 28, 2012 5:24 AM

Sep 2010
Too much hate for this show, and the funny thing is most of complaints aren't even real issues with the show. Just people's preference, most are complaining trivial things like wanting to see more characters from original E7.

Anyway, a pretty good episode.

4.5/5
Jul 28, 2012 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
I am not buying what Secrets say. For protectors, they are a bit too trigger happy on eliminating any humans they can see. Of course, it is also possible that Secrets are just badly made machines XP

On other hand, I am not trusting the Corals either. We saw in last ep that Eureka and Naru, both of whom could be called Coral Representatives, have conflicting opinions. It is quite possible that Coralians are split into two factions.

Also, I wonder if the Secrets are not from the future. Maybe someone from old cast created them to destroy the quartz for some reason and, in inventor's beliefs, save the humanity.

And treads here seriously have too many useless comments that have nothing to do with the episodes. Shouldn't there be a thread for whining so Episode discussion terads could stay.... well, episode discussion treads.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.