Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2012 5:52 PM

May 2012
supercheeseduck said:
I dont want to put it down because it was such a great manga but i would have to say elfin lied
the drawings honesly looked like something a 12 year old could do and were too childish looking fr its genre lol but still the fact that it is an amazing manga with crappy art makes it that much more amazing

Really? I thought it was pretty good xD
Jun 5, 2012 1:57 PM

Feb 2012
DoctorDoom said:
Whaaaaaa? Asano's art is easily the best I've ever seen in comics/manga/anything. He's got a unique, distinctive style that's extremely detailed, and except for the main character being drawn as a caricature bird, there's nothing weird about it.

Ah pardon me, the face from the character is a bit weird, but the drawing background actually was a masterpiece. Seriously the conflicts in this story is really deep and make me feel the gloomy feeling.
Jun 5, 2012 8:42 PM
Feb 2010
smackdown said:
Battle Royale 2

It had such bad art...

Just saw it and it made my eyes bleed.
Jun 13, 2012 2:52 PM

Jun 2011
First Hellsing chapters. ;o I mean, what's wrong with those... everything? xD Then it was better I guess...
Jun 14, 2012 1:54 PM
Dec 2007
azzyzx said:
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

seriously i cannot make out what the hell is going on whenever battles occurs
Magic Knight Rayearth had the same issue. During the battles, I couldn't tell what was going on. Also, Magic Knight Rayearth doesn't show much scenery. Instead, it mostly just shows characters. The art was the biggest issue I had with that manga.
Jun 19, 2012 11:34 PM

May 2010
I've only read the first volume of Soul Eater, but I gotta say that the art wasn't the best. Especially when it comes to anatomy, my god.

And as much as I loved La Esperança, the art was pretty damn horrible at most parts.

Princess Resurrection is also a manga with art that I can't really find myself to like. It's not necessarily bad, but it's really boring. Same with Vampire Knight.
Jun 19, 2012 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
Anime_Name said:
Neane1993 said:
This manga is about a bunch of people who have to kill bugs, it is called Terra ForMars. Whether or not the character designs of the bugs were made on purpose remains to be seen.

I think it's safe to assume that when a group of people sit down to make a manga that the character designs used are all conscious decisions done on purpose. The bug designs look to be deliberately shaded, toned, and textured to appear the way that they do. Other than not personally liking the look is there a reason that would make you think the bug design is not deliberate?

Am I the only one who thinks that the "bug' design is somewhat racist?
Jun 20, 2012 12:00 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I'd say you are.
Jun 24, 2012 1:24 AM

Dec 2011
FIVE. Every page is cringe worthy.
Jun 24, 2012 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
all crap from Adachi...
Jun 26, 2012 8:01 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012

Man, Oda has improved so freaking much! I remember the first chapters of the manga...

OT: Bleach.
Jun 26, 2012 8:38 PM
Aug 2010
Skip Beat!
Nakamura-sensei has never really graduated much from the 1990s style. But it's my 2# favorite manga so I really don't mind. Plus, them proportions...
Also, Hatenkou Yuugi had some of the worst stuff at first. Most manga from the early 2000s seem to have suffered a lot of awkwardness in the art area before it transitioned to the sickeningly pretty art style that's popular now.
AirglowJun 26, 2012 8:45 PM
"To define is to limit."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Jun 27, 2012 7:45 PM

Apr 2012
I hated the art in Onani Master Kurosawa. It was soo off putting for me..
Jun 28, 2012 5:05 AM

Jul 2010
Becchin to Mandara
Jun 29, 2012 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
Berserk is the worst so far.

kidding, bleach or elven lied are worst i have seen and kurasava's art was good actually but if u compared any mangas art with masterpiece arts like Berserk, Gantz, Vagabond; most of mangas art is bad...
Sep 3, 2012 9:24 AM

Feb 2012
Tantei-san said:
azzyzx said:
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

seriously i cannot make out what the hell is going on whenever battles occurs
Magic Knight Rayearth had the same issue. During the battles, I couldn't tell what was going on.

That is every manga ever made.

And the worst I've read is Baoh. Well, I guess it isn't that bad. Just a short action story kind of in a B sense.
Sep 3, 2012 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
I'm a bit picky about manga, but the only really bad I remember is Elfen Lied.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 3, 2012 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
Sailormoon, I guess. But it's an old manga, so yeah.
Maybe Bleach too. Well, Kubo-sensei's art improved a lot, but only characters look nice. I'm kind of picky about art, but if the story is good I don't really care about it.
Sep 10, 2012 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
sleepyrebel said:
I hated the art in Onani Master Kurosawa. It was soo off putting for me..

I agree with this. It could have definitely been done better.
Sep 10, 2012 10:51 AM

May 2010
Naruto. no kidding.
Sep 10, 2012 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
Fuli Culi, I don't like the drawing.
"The true value of a man lies not in what he has, but what it is."
"Do not be fooled by appearances. Many people do not look as stupid as they really are."
"There is a light that minds not to judge by appearances. The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible."
By Oscar Wilde

Sep 10, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
i have to say FLCL but i think that drawings fits to that manga perfectly

Sep 10, 2012 1:00 PM

Jun 2012
It's true. You are not wrong. * laugh*
"The true value of a man lies not in what he has, but what it is."
"Do not be fooled by appearances. Many people do not look as stupid as they really are."
"There is a light that minds not to judge by appearances. The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible."
By Oscar Wilde

Sep 10, 2012 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
I had trouble with Manda Ringo's Complex. The art at the beginning was just awful to me, I still don't think is one of the most beautiful drawn manga, but the story is totally worth it.
Sep 10, 2012 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
As of recent vampire knight's art, along with its story has gotten so fucking bad that it becomes almost impossible to tell what the hell is even going on. Its not as bad as shit like bleach as of yet but its getting pretty god damn close

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 10, 2012 6:33 PM
Jul 2012
http://i6.mangareader.net/sket-dance/156/sket-dance-2534347.jpg

As for a serious nomination however... Hunter x Hunter i suppose, although he does fix the art for his volume releases.
Sep 10, 2012 7:56 PM

Jun 2009
Pafrog said:

And whoever is saying One Piece's art is bad must be crazy. I can see not liking the style or Oda's drawing, but it is far from being badly drawn.

Exactly!!!

Pafrog said:

How silly for people to assume ugly = bad.

This thread is entitled "Whats the worst drawn manga you've read". It's got nothing to do with effort. I don't care how hard Oda tries; his artwork still makes me want to vomit.

a mangaka/artist can draw the ugliest thing with a perfect technique,

you can only say "it is ugly!" but never "it is badly drawn!"

You can say that "Oda's art style don't suit my tastes" but not "One Piece is
badly drawn"

*facepalm*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2013 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
come on there NEEDS to be more hunter x hunter here. if I wasnt so tired Id be posting it here for sure. a lot of the stuff from the end of Greed Island and into Chimera Ant arc is outright LAUGHABLE. now dont get me wrong, he's amazing at storyline (same mangaka as yu yu hakusho) and when he tries to draw he definitely can, but its almost disrespectful to the readers.. lol like it looks like a joke, like what my little sister would draw in paint. none of the lines are straight, incredibly simplistic, I have an hxh manga page open right now actually but idk the rule with links. well it seems theyre okay but for future reference people its alot easier when you actual inline the picture into the forums and put in in a spoiler so you donth ave to keep clicking on outside links,

also, to whover said they didnt like mirai nikki, I was kinda the contrary. I think the mangaka overdid the lines/blush on some of the characters faces, but I like how the faces were a bit different than typical manga along with the eyes. i thought it was a nice overall look IMO. the picture you linked from the cover of Shonen DID look weird and I actually thought that when I first saw it while reading Mirai Nikki myself, but thats not the "typical" style, the coloring changed it a bit as well.

but yeah my main point is Togashi can be a LAZY ASS sometimes. i dont understand with all the hiatus's he takes why he doesnt just prolong the publication of the chapter for another week or two while he puts a bit more detail into the art. HAS he redrawn it for the tankoben yet? because Im surprised no one has uploaded those scans online yet then..
Jan 11, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
Molester Man's art seems sloppy, lazy, and at times, looks like it was drawn on lined paper. Same artist as Onani Master, but even less "professional" looking.

However, that series is very good, and got a 10/10 for me.
Jan 11, 2013 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
Even though I loved the series, Love Roma's art made me question whether or not it was worth reading. It wasn't necessarily bad; just outdated and childish(?).
Jan 11, 2013 3:52 PM

Dec 2011
Five. I couldn't do it.
EmmrysJan 11, 2013 4:02 PM
Jan 11, 2013 4:01 PM

Apr 2011
Even though I stumble across titles that spontaneously makes me think about how crappy the artwork is done, I can't help but think it has an artistic meaning to it.
Jan 11, 2013 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
Red_Keys said:
Molester Man's art seems sloppy, lazy, and at times, looks like it was drawn on lined paper. Same artist as Onani Master, but even less "professional" looking.

However, that series is very good, and got a 10/10 for me.
agreed

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 11, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
ONLY the first three volumes of Ouran High School Host Club. Bisco improved alot on her drawings after the third volume. It was a great manga.

Also I hate Bird Kiss. The art and story are terrible. Immediatley dropped it.
Jan 11, 2013 5:37 PM

Aug 2012
uzu-dragons said:
Five. I couldn't do it.

Oh god
Jan 26, 2013 6:37 AM

Jan 2013
uzu-dragons said:
Five. I couldn't do it.

omfg, that IS pretty atrocious. That girl's eye in the upper left frame, and the monkey face. the eye's in general are really odd looking.
Jan 26, 2013 8:23 AM

Jan 2013
dextronaut said:
come on there NEEDS to be more hunter x hunter here. if I wasnt so tired Id be posting it here for sure. a lot of the stuff from the end of Greed Island and into Chimera Ant arc is outright LAUGHABLE. now dont get me wrong, he's amazing at storyline (same mangaka as yu yu hakusho) and when he tries to draw he definitely can, but its almost disrespectful to the readers.. lol like it looks like a joke, like what my little sister would draw in paint. none of the lines are straight, incredibly simplistic, I have an hxh manga page open right now actually but idk the rule with links. well it seems theyre okay but for future reference people its alot easier when you actual inline the picture into the forums and put in in a spoiler so you donth ave to keep clicking on outside links,

also, to whover said they didnt like mirai nikki, I was kinda the contrary. I think the mangaka overdid the lines/blush on some of the characters faces, but I like how the faces were a bit different than typical manga along with the eyes. i thought it was a nice overall look IMO. the picture you linked from the cover of Shonen DID look weird and I actually thought that when I first saw it while reading Mirai Nikki myself, but thats not the "typical" style, the coloring changed it a bit as well.

but yeah my main point is Togashi can be a LAZY ASS sometimes. i dont understand with all the hiatus's he takes why he doesnt just prolong the publication of the chapter for another week or two while he puts a bit more detail into the art. HAS he redrawn it for the tankoben yet? because Im surprised no one has uploaded those scans online yet then..

I agree with your hunter hunter comment. Some of his art in the Chimera Ant arc could very well have just been stick figures, and it's really awful because you know that he could draw well if he wanted to. The story is downright amazing though, so I keep reading despite the art. Hopefully he'll actually start publishing again...he's been on a break for far too long.
Jan 26, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2008
Liar Game. It´s my favourite manga.
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Jan 26, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
SomaRukido said:

I agree with your hunter hunter comment. Some of his art in the Chimera Ant arc could very well have just been stick figures, and it's really awful because you know that he could draw well if he wanted to. The story is downright amazing though, so I keep reading despite the art. Hopefully he'll actually start publishing again...he's been on a break for far too long.

haha Im glad you agree. Im surprised I didnt see it mentioned more here. I was really surprised like with the page of when Biscuit finally got "blue earth." It was suppose to be the most rare and beautiful gem and it was literally just a circle haha. yep thats what bugs me too, he obviously CAN draw very well if he wanted to. some of it really looks like he used MS Paint with such uneven lines and such. but yes, the story IS very good and totally worth the chapters with the shitty art. I mean, I dont like it or anything but Im not gonna drop the story because of it. Yes he always seems to be plagued with hiatuses. Though, Im still reading the Chimera Ant arc currently so they havent effected me yet. The art seems to have gotten better now as I got deeper into Chimera, hopefully it doesnt revert to how it was in previous chapters.
Jan 27, 2013 9:36 AM

Jun 2011
I dunno if it counts, since it's a Manhwa but Girl in Heels really looks horrible for me at times. Stopped reading this a long time ago, because of how I couldn't get over the eyes(the eyelashes) so I don't even know if it ever got better after some time.

Also I have to agree with everyone who mentioned Hunter x Hunter. It got especially bad in the Chimera Ant arc and I had to cringe at some panels, but happily the story is so good, that I stopped caring after some time.
Jan 27, 2013 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
dextronaut said:
SomaRukido said:

haha Im glad you agree. Im surprised I didnt see it mentioned more here. I was really surprised like with the page of when Biscuit finally got "blue earth." It was suppose to be the most rare and beautiful gem and it was literally just a circle haha. yep thats what bugs me too, he obviously CAN draw very well if he wanted to. some of it really looks like he used MS Paint with such uneven lines and such. but yes, the story IS very good and totally worth the chapters with the shitty art. I mean, I dont like it or anything but Im not gonna drop the story because of it. Yes he always seems to be plagued with hiatuses. Though, Im still reading the Chimera Ant arc currently so they havent effected me yet. The art seems to have gotten better now as I got deeper into Chimera, hopefully it doesnt revert to how it was in previous chapters.

I actually picked up the manga at the Chimera Ant Arc (I watched the anime up to this point lol), so I didn't see anything from Greed Island. The art is only really bad in the beginning of the Chimera Ant Arc, which I presume you've already read. It gets progressively better towards the end of the arc (IMO), but overall it still doesn't look as good as it could :/
Feb 2, 2013 1:50 AM

May 2010
I've only read the first volume so far, but I'd say that Tokyo Mew Mew is pretty terrible as well.
Feb 23, 2013 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
NSFM:

This shit is hilarious. It's like a 6th grader decided to make a manga, but couldn't decide on if he wanted to make it drama, action, or hentai.

Laughing my ass off!
Feb 23, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
Red_Keys said:
NSFM:

This shit is hilarious. It's like a 6th grader decided to make a manga, but couldn't decide on if he wanted to make it drama, action, or hentai.

Laughing my ass off!

Just read it and...
DING DING DING. We have a winner. That art is seriously awful... almost as bad as the story, haha.
Feb 25, 2013 3:08 PM
Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:
NSFM:

Laughing my ass off!

Just checked it out. Wooow.... LMAO!

I think all manga I've read have decent to amazing art. :)
Feb 25, 2013 5:17 PM

Sep 2012
Onani Master Kurosawa, is probably the worst drawn manga I've ever read

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Feb 27, 2013 9:56 AM

Jul 2008
Red_Keys said:
NSFM:

Laughing my ass off!

I don't understand why this even got to be published.. and even worse, it's translated? o.o idk bout the story but the art is.. I wouldn't read it even if it had one of the greatest plots ever created.
Mar 4, 2013 12:59 AM

Dec 2010
As someone already mentioned here, it's not so much about the drawings but the art styles. For example, I really thought One Piece art was weird in the beginning. I was all "oh my gawd, y u be so disproportional and no one can have such boobs and such a waist without snapping in half, gwah" but then as I kept reading it, it kind of grew on me. And yeah, no one can really deny that Oda makes pretty detailed and interesting drawings/illustrations.

Can't really say much about Bleach since it never pulled me in and I never read it but I agree that the lack of backgrounds can be a bit off-putting sometimes. Another manga comes to mind when it comes to empty panels and that's 'DOGS' by Shirow Miwa but blank panels and the lack of backgrounds are mainly because he has to hurry with magazine releases. All those panels are filled and drawn in tankoubons.

There is one manga or a series of manga that really irk me and that's pretty much all by Hwang Mi Ri and Han Yu Rang. Well, technically, they're manhwa...I just couldn't get past the awfully drawn character's facial features and those eyes only managed to creep the shiz out of me most of the time. And the fight scenes, oh dear Odin, the fight scenes...For a manhwa that's supposed to be about gangs and fighting, it looked like a bunch of stick figures were trying to poke each other's eyes out. Or they suddenly turned all Gundam and their movements started to look robotic. There's no flow, no movement, no dynamics, nothing. And it doesn't help that all her characters look the same, minus the eye and hair color/style. And don't even get me started on the 'plots'. =_=
Mar 6, 2013 10:37 AM

Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:
NSFM:

Laughing my ass off!

I could not find the words to describe this approprietly.. What the f xD ?
Mar 6, 2013 1:41 PM

Oct 2012

I would actually read that. I think the art's in tolerable territory. :P
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

20 by MeanMrMusician »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
1 hour ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

4 by bucciest »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1056 by Francis_0 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.