Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 5, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
that "dream sequence" about Gut's childhood might just be a teaser and not a full exposition, it hasn't been brought up yet, we'll see w/ the next movie, in the scenario between him and Casca

anyway, this movie is what i can call "guilty pleasure", i certainly don't like the CG at some parts but its splendid, one more rewatch and my eyes will adapt with it
i also love the feel of its OST w/c is much more befitting of its medieval setting

oh, and that assassination scene is just brilliant, it has the punch and the impact it aimed to deliver
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jun 5, 2012 9:15 AM

Nov 2010
Berserk first part was a great Movie
Guts as Rambo at Medieval Times
Jun 5, 2012 11:30 AM

Apr 2011
RedLikeMyRage said:
Just watched the movie finally with English subs. I have to admit i went into it with low expectations because I knew that it could never do the manga justice. In that respect I was totally correct. Its not a bad movie I definitely enjoyed it, but it was way too short left out a ton of important bits from the Golden Age Arc. I'm amazed at how poorly they handled Guts childhood. It moved too fast in my opinion, trying to put my self into the shoes of someone who has never read the story it would probably be a very confusing movie. I do have to say that the art, apart from the CG was very good, the voice acting wasn't bad but nothing memorable, and the soundtrack wasn't very memorable either. All in all I liked the movie, I have high hopes for the sequel due to the trailer at the end of the first movie. Looks like it will not only be longer but cover things better than the first movie did. Hopefully these three movies will spark a new OVA series for berserk with quality animation and covering all of the manga.

I agree with you completely on this.

Dizzee said:
Looks like now he killed the kid by accident, I knew GUTS wasn't that evil.

Psychodrake said:

It was always accidental, he was pretty gutted in the manga too.

Dizzee said:

STFU if u don't know what I'm talking about. In the TV series he actually saw the boy first, said "he saw me" and then killed him without any regret. In the movie version it was much more emotional

Psychodrake said:
I was talking about the manga, you the series. The series wasn't exactly known for being very true to the manga at times. Regardless, you didn't specify in your last post and say "STFU if u don't know what I'm talking about" like I should have some form of psychic power because of your own poor/vague writing skills.

Dizzee said:
This post was meant for people who watched TV version, as I said before If you didn't understood what I said than don't reply thinking that you found a stupid.

Whoa, there really is no need to be so rude. You said "Looks like now he killed the kid by accident, I knew GUTS wasn't that evil." 'now' implying that it never happened before. I wouldn't take it too harshly; I've made plenty of blunders. And to be honest, I had no idea you was on about the anime either; it was ages ago when I saw that and it'd probably be the same for many users. Swear and have a go at me if it makes you feel any better. Or you could learn from this and move on.

P.S There was something wrong with the quote pyramid so I had to lay it out like this. Sorry.
GloriousHawkJun 5, 2012 11:49 AM
Jun 5, 2012 12:07 PM
Nov 2008
Imo it was amazing... Much, much better than I expected. While it was heavily cut, they didn't change anything (just added more scenes to the sieges and made Guts flashback/nightmare different in style).

I loved the pacing (understandibly fast, but slows down when needed), loved the directing. OST and Voice Acting was amazing. Missed Caska's old voice but the new one is passable and the rest of the cast does a terrific job, especially Griffith and Guts. Fight scenes were just crazy good, Guts' movements were really fluid.

What bothered me was some bland facial animation especially at the start, and like no dirt/grime/ash on anyone in a castle siege that lasted 3 months. Other than those small details it was superb.

Guts' emotions, and his relation to Griffith came through really well too. The scene where he impales Adonis was the best rendition out of all 3 versions.

Definitely buying it on blueray.

ed: oh and the OP owns hard.
Jun 5, 2012 12:13 PM
Nov 2008
ZetaZaku said:
Shih said:
I saw this as a power struggle. I don't know if I'm right but this is how I interpret it from the movie. Julius never liked Grifith to begin with (due to various reasons). Julius is heir to the throne, so when he saw Grifith hitting on the princess, Grifith became a threat to him.

Maybe it is something like this, but they showed Julius just for a few minutes before the assassination attempt. We did see that he didn't want Griffith close to the princess, but the assassination plot was rushed and pointless. To someone who didn't read the manga, it looked like a stupid excuse to send Guts to kill someone and show some blood.

There was that fairly lengthy castle gosship section. They mentioned that Griffith take over the role of vanguard from him, and the guard role of the king at the hunt. And they showed his contempt toward those of common birth. I thought it was alright.
Jun 5, 2012 2:19 PM
Oct 2009
I've seen the series and read the manga...have to say both are better than this movie.

The animation was funky and not in a good way. The music was alright, the series had better music. But you really can't tell this story in an hour and a half. The movie just showed all the big stuff, leaving out much of what the manga has to offer.

And the movie by itself isn't that great. It's boring. You never get a sense or feel of the characters. It doesn't feel like it goes anywhere because all the movie does is skip around.

Disappointing to say the least.
Jun 5, 2012 5:22 PM

Jul 2007
The CG was pretty painful at times. The facial expressions for all the background soldiers looked like Henpeita from Gintama. lol
Overall, the art style was disappointing. It was too clean looking for a medieval setting. Though a few scenes here and there were quite nice. Especially the scenes between Griffith and Guts.

Im still looking forward to the next movie since I'm a huge Berserk fan. Though I might start re-reading the manga.
Jun 5, 2012 7:51 PM
Dec 2009
I liked it.
Cant wait for arc II
Jun 5, 2012 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
When a new movie makes an old outdated series seem good you know you have a big pile of shit in your hands.

The artwork seemed so fake like the people where separate from the environment and the CGI was horrible, not only because it looked like this

but because also the animation movement was very fake and CGI like too. What the fuck did they use for all that shit? Some three year old strategy game? For fucks sake i've seen playable scenes from games that look and move better than that.
The battles all looked so cheap and uninteresting.

If that was not all the story was told in a half-ass way. I get how a non manga reader won't notice much and still think it's decent there but seriously considering how good the story is they couldn't have made much worse job at it. Griffith lacks some intensity and half the time it seemed like he was playing gay games with Guts, Casca was some annoying woman and the others where basically non existent.

You wait for years to see Berserk animated again just to get some cheap shit that seems like it was made in a hurry in someone's old computer using some old strategy gaming engine. I have one thing to say to the producers of this film. FUCK YOU!
MonadJun 5, 2012 9:09 PM
Jun 6, 2012 2:26 AM
Oct 2009
Thank god this movie bombed in theater in Japan and the DVD/Blu Ray sales are just as bad as well.Killing any chances of them doing more than the current movie trilogy. Here's hoping when we another adaptation in 15 years, they'll go 2D animation instead. Shame we won't get a Sword of the Stranger awesome animated type movie for Berserk. What a waste. Thankfully Japan has spoken and they don't want this shit for Berserk. :)
Jun 6, 2012 2:33 AM
May 2012
Zoddguts said:
Thank god this movie bombed in theater in Japan and the DVD/Blu Ray sales are just as bad as well.Killing any chances of them doing more than the current movie trilogy. Here's hoping when we another adaptation in 15 years, they'll go 2D animation instead. Shame we won't get a Sword of the Stranger awesome animated type movie for Berserk. What a waste. Thankfully Japan has spoken and they don't want this shit for Berserk. :)

omg if they did berserk like sword of the stranger i would have jizzed myself
Jun 6, 2012 5:49 AM

Jul 2011
Watched a bit and god this looks really bad, 3D doesn't belong in anime like this. If they're doing 3D don't do it to try and mimic 2D, it will always look like crap.
Jun 6, 2012 1:47 PM
Oct 2009
newtonsballs said:
Zoddguts said:

omg if they did berserk like sword of the stranger i would have jizzed myself

We all would have. :(
Jun 6, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
I think people are a little blind to say that the original series is better than this. You can say you preferred the original series sure, but saying it was genuinely better is simply nostalgia talking.

The animation was fantastic. The crappy soldier CGI was the major let-down.

At least acknowledge that the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic.

It's a disappointment but don't lose your head over it, we have 2 more movies for the Golden Age and I think the most important things are yet to come. Then we can decide which version is truly better.

But just from a quality standpoint, this part of the Golden Age is much easier to watch in the movie than it was in the series.

JoeLT was correct saying using 3D to mimic 2D does not work well, but saying that, you can't deny how good Zodd looked.

Jun 6, 2012 4:20 PM

Feb 2008
I hope they do a better job with the CG on the next one, other then that, i really liked it.
Jun 6, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
Psychodrake said:
I think people are a little blind to say that the original series is better than this. You can say you preferred the original series sure, but saying it was genuinely better is simply nostalgia talking.

The animation was fantastic. The crappy soldier CGI was the major let-down.

At least acknowledge that the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic.

It's a disappointment but don't lose your head over it, we have 2 more movies for the Golden Age and I think the most important things are yet to come. Then we can decide which version is truly better.

But just from a quality standpoint, this part of the Golden Age is much easier to watch in the movie than it was in the series.

JoeLT was correct saying using 3D to mimic 2D does not work well, but saying that, you can't deny how good Zodd looked.

The original series was better. There is no question that the artwork looks old and shit and due to the times the animation isn't as good as it could be but at least it doesn't look ridiculous. Just old. I'm not gonna compare the technical department of this movie with that in mind though. I will compare it with the time it was made and that makes it an abomination.
Also the story telling in the old series although not as good as the manga was a lot better than the half ass story telling we got here.

I saw nothing that fantastic about Zodd at all. And what animation was fantastic? Are you freaking shitting me? They moved like they where made out of plastic for god sakes. Are you blind?
Have you seen some modern games? The characters move and look better that this fucking movie and that's a fucking game with the picture being made right that moment from your graphic card not something pre-rendered with all the time to be made in detail.

As about the music, well sorry i don't give a shit. A good music exist to ether complete a nice image and story or to make them slightly less good if it's horrible but it always comes last. Anime is most of all a visual medium.
You can make an anime without music, but you can't make one with no image.
Jun 6, 2012 5:02 PM

Jun 2011
AmberFebruary said:
that "dream sequence" about Gut's childhood might just be a teaser and not a full exposition, it hasn't been brought up yet, we'll see w/ the next movie...

that's what i thought. i didnt watch the tv series or the manga yet but im not feeling confused at all like they were saying above. i think they will show his childhood in another movie
Jun 6, 2012 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
I saw nothing that fantastic about Zodd at all. And what animation was fantastic? Are you freaking shitting me? They moved like they where made out of plastic for god sakes. Are you blind?

Agreed to some degree. A lot of the CGI animation was poor, mainly on soldiers. Zodd was fine, in fact, I thought the scene was incredible. I couldn't pick out a flaw apart from parts of human Zodd's animation. Please stop being rude, you'll just make your opinion less and less valid to people. Aggressiveness always fills in for absent argument.

Monad said:
Also the story telling in the old series although not as good as the manga was a lot better than the half ass story telling we got here.

None of the story telling was half assed, and I'd like an example of what you believe was half assed. I watched this movie earlier with 3 people. Two had never read the manga or seen the series, one has read past this point in the manga. All 3 agreed that the movie was easier to watch, felt fairly "Complete" apart from the vague glance at Guts's back story (Which will likely be filled out over the course of the 3 movies).

I informed them that character development points were cut, but the overall pacing was enough to keep the movie interesting and on the move, leaving little time for idle filler which is always a good thing to keep movies watchable. I also let them know what was going on during Guts's flashback. It could be counted as cheating, but I don't exactly think the movie is flawless - It is decent.

Monad said:
As about the music, well sorry i don't give a shit

Then why comment on it? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about anyway. The fact you say anime is mostly visual medium confirms that to me. Guess what? Audio tracks exist. They're just scripts of characters from shows. Madoka had one with the Japanese Blu-ray. I listened to it, I enjoyed it. These are essentially anime without visuals. They work and they're popular. On the contrary, without music the image will fall flat unless the scene calls for it. I'd also like to point out the importance and popularity of voice actors, which is an enormous part of the anime industry and is arguably the biggest beside author. It's all about the sound.

So yes, there is question about it. I want to hear a decent argument that doesn't devolve into if I'm blind or how modern games look. Did you know graphics aren't everything in video games? I would totally play a game that looks like this movie visually, and I will, it's called Ni No Kuni. Look it up if you're a gamer.

Also, I'd like an example of how anime without music would work. I've given an example and I'm sure it will be quite easy to find.
PsychodrakeJun 6, 2012 5:21 PM
Jun 6, 2012 11:24 PM

May 2012
just watched and loved it
Jun 6, 2012 11:44 PM

Feb 2010
I thought this movie was great. The animation didn't really bother me as much as I thought it would, and it was a pretty solid adaptation. The best part in my opinion is when Adonis was stabbed. It made me feel sorry for him which is really rare in these types of series.
Overall, I enjoyed this movie, and I am looking forward to the other two movies. I hope they are all as good as this one.
Jun 6, 2012 11:45 PM

Nov 2011
Zoddguts said:

Wouldn't the movie bombing = to no chance of another anime adaption.....
I was hoping for the success for the movies so these guys could possibly start the anime back up again from where it left off and actually give us some fucking new chapters constantly instead of 1 every 6 months. If the movies bomb that means they lose money and lost money equals less of a chance of them deciding to have another anime adaption.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 7, 2012 5:43 AM

Jul 2009
Ragix said:
Zoddguts said:

I was hoping for the success for the movies so these guys could possibly start the anime back up again from where it left off and actually give us some fucking new chapters constantly instead of 1 every 6 months. If the movies bomb that means they lose money and lost money equals less of a chance of them deciding to have another anime adaption.

This is true.

Lost money in the movies is going to demotivate Kentaro more than anybody could believe. I'd be hard pressed to think that if they flopped, he wouldn't see the point in continuing.
Jun 7, 2012 8:55 AM

Jun 2008
Psychodrake said:
Ragix said:
Zoddguts said:

This is true.

Lost money in the movies is going to demotivate Kentaro more than anybody could believe. I'd be hard pressed to think that if they flopped, he wouldn't see the point in continuing.

Yes people, go all buy the movie even if you don't like how it was made so we can show Berserk sells and keep Kentaros moral high despite being a mangaka and the most important thing about his work is how good the manga goes.
Jun 7, 2012 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
Psychodrake said:
Ragix said:
Zoddguts said:

This is true.

Yes people, go all buy the movie even if you don't like how it was made so we can show Berserk sells and keep Kentaros moral high despite being a mangaka and the most important thing about his work is how good the manga goes.

Void argument. The amount of merchandising behind Berserk and the general success of the series means Miura is quite well off. This is clear by the long hiatus's, he clearly has enough to support himself over long periods of doing nothing. He could easily begin another project should he feel.

Supporting a series of author you like is not unknown, either. Regardless, I never said anything about buying the movie and you're putting words in my mouth to try and look clever, another example of absent argument. All I did was present a possibility.
Jun 8, 2012 1:29 AM

Jan 2009
can't wait for the second one.8.5/10 from me.the assassination scene was my favorite part they done it gr8 it was filled with emotion and horror and the music finally got better in that scene xD but the ending could be better.still it was an important scene since Griffith doomed himself with his own mouth in that moment
Jun 8, 2012 3:42 AM

Oct 2010
Am I the only one who misses the original voice cast? Who can forget Gut's intense voice and all the emotion thrown into it? Take for instance the scene with Zodd when Griffith get's knocked down Gut's in the original screams in a very convincingly concerned voice "Griffith!!!" in this movie we just dont see that same amount of intensitythat existed in the orignal anime. much more could be said but that's just one thing that really stuck out for me as lacking (not to mention the sometimes good/bad art and the halfassed told story)
Jun 8, 2012 3:46 AM
Jun 9, 2012 2:05 AM
Oct 2009
Ragix said:
Zoddguts said:

Because those sequel's are already in late production, the two remaining movies will be coming out this year, it's too late to cancel them at this point. Either way don't expect more movies to be made after the third movie.

Compare to how he is now? His releases are already bad and even worse whenever there's a new idolm@ster game for him to fap to. I still lol at the character designer of idolm@ster getting the job to direct Berserk because of Miura's fanboyism of idolm@ster.
ZoddgutsJun 9, 2012 2:10 AM
Jun 9, 2012 3:25 AM

Jul 2007
Enjoyed the new movie!

Though was hoping of a remake in series format going past the point the previous series stopped. Anyone know how far they are planning to go with this trillogy?
Jun 9, 2012 3:43 AM

May 2010
Wow the movie is pretty awesome, I mean I'm new to Beserk so I don't know much but now I'm really interested, can't wait for the next one !!
Jun 9, 2012 5:00 AM

Jul 2009
Zoddguts said:

Compare to how he is now? His releases are already bad and even worse whenever there's a new idolm@ster game for him to fap to. I still lol at the character designer of idolm@ster getting the job to direct Berserk because of Miura's fanboyism of idolm@ster.

Give him a break. He has already come out saying he has psychological issues. Taking a break from drawing mass rape and murder could be more important than you realize.

Think about it, he enjoys Idolmaster. That's totally against what he has been doing in Berserk for almost 30 volumes before the sudden shift of tone in more recent volumes e.g. Isma, Schierke's bare bottom scene etc.
Jun 9, 2012 2:06 PM

Feb 2011
This was horrible =/ . . . .
Jun 9, 2012 6:58 PM

Apr 2007
Too much CGI and I miss Ishida Akira as Judeau. Fucking Kaji Yuki >_>

I didn't care much for the rest of the new voices either, but at least they still gave Zodd an equally ferocious voice. I forgot to check the cast before watching and was most worried about him since they were replacing the great Utsumi Kenji.

As expected the TV series is better [so far]. This was rushed and they cut out quite a bit, but most of the scenes that were actually animated looked really nice. The CGI still kills it for me tho. And Griffith, ah, he is so beautiful. At times I was too distracted to read the subtitles *^*
Jun 9, 2012 8:51 PM

Jul 2010
its more flavorful the second time around it. the 3D animation didn't bother me like the first time and allow me to focus on the narrative. they certainly cut out a lot, but i'm a fan w/ a mind open enough to accept this as long as we get the "whole story" beyond that of the Golden Age Arc
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jun 10, 2012 5:47 AM

Jul 2009
Strife91 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJo9HtK10oM

So they made the 3D in 12fps so it wouldn't look odd eh?

I'm sorry but they failed hard in that regard because that is exactly what it did, the 3D sections looked really laggy and sluggish compared to the 2D material.

I really liked the movie overall but that was a very dumb decision for them to make, hopefully they fix that in the future movies.... but I highly doubt it. :/
Jun 10, 2012 2:31 PM

Oct 2008
Watched 10 minutes and switched it off, cannot stand that level of CGI, will go find the hq version of the original instead.

What a let down.
Jun 10, 2012 4:19 PM

Jul 2009
To me it was everything I expected in a Berserk movie. Updated animation with the story cut to fit in a movie. The animation could be better as Ufotable has shown us, but it's not bad. Looking forward to the next one.
Jun 11, 2012 10:13 PM

Jul 2011
Haven't seen tv series or read manga and enjoyed this movie immensely! Battles and war were of course cool, but the ending - THAT what made me to give this show 10/10. Yes, the CGI is not perfect and you can bitch about it all you want, but come on! How much anime now can offer such awesome content amidst all that cute girl moe crap.
OrangeHollow.png
Jun 13, 2012 9:17 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty decent remake of original Berserk.... But damn they ruined it, using 3DCG for characters....

Still story is intact. Even though some character development scenes were cut off. But that's sensible as they have to fit 10 episodes to 88mins.

Rating - 8/10
Jun 13, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2011
The movie felt rushed, If only they could make the movie longer to make the emotional moments hit harder... otherwise the movie looks beautiful and it is amazing to berserk animated once more!
Jun 15, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2009
This movie was terrible. The biggest problem is the rushed pace which I feel will probably make the movie fail to involve an audience that isn't already familiar with Berserk. Important plot points are rushed over and there's not a second spend on character development. Storywise it's simply a jarred mess of thrown together parts that is only recognizable to the fans.

Animation wise it's not much better. Character design is ugly and the less we talk about the CGI, the better. Let me just say the last time I've seen animation so jaggy and choppy, I was playing a videogame on Windows 95. Also, what was up with Casca? First time they showed her, her skin was white, then her skin tone and face turned Chinese, then she was sorta a light skinned black woman and then she kept changing between white and Chinese for the rest of the movie.

Last but not least the voice acting sucked royally, with the exception of Sakurai Takahiro as Griffith. Guts sounded like a weakling and nobody else stood out in any considerable way.

Altogether this is easily one of the most pointless movies I've ever seen, and a terrible waste of time.
Ara ara.
Jun 16, 2012 12:34 AM

Oct 2011
Too much slow motion is my only complaint.

STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE CGI, HOLY SHIT.

Good adaptation of the series/manga, the second movie looks even better.
Can't wait for it to come out.
Jun 16, 2012 12:40 AM

Jun 2012
It was beautiful *shed manly tears*
Jun 16, 2012 8:05 PM

Jan 2012
AWESOME!
Jun 17, 2012 6:53 PM

Jan 2010
People keep saying alot was left out. Obviously they skipped the main part of his childhood so for the part of the story that they did show there wasnt much else left out. Some minor character development is missing but lets be honest here the only real important characters in the Golden Age are Casca, Guts, and Griffith. The other main characters from the Bank of Hawk really didnt play a big role besdies
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jun 17, 2012 8:55 PM
Jan 2011
newtonsballs said:
Just finished watching the movie and I agree with the guy who said that this is one of those movies where you had to read the manga/watch the anime to get the full gist of the story. If a random person watches it then they will probably think it's just some random action flick set in medieval times with monsters, but there's so much more to it than that.

I didn't mind the CGI as much as the fact that they didn't get the story across that well. I honestly liked the anime more simply due to the story telling.

Shih said:
Well, for someone that knew nothing about Berserk (such as myself), the movie is very enjoyable to watch, especially with the animation quality. The action is great, the deaths look more realistic than most animes. However, its subtitle is "Haou no Tamago" yet the audience learn almost nothing about the egg. Lastly, the end wasn't great, the movie ends with a speech from Griffith. It does not feel very satisfying nor it give the anxiety to watch its sequel.

At this point in the story the only info about the egg is what Zodd tells you. You don't learn anything else until later in the story.

There is a lot left out in the story, such as Gambino, the rich child molester that hired the hawks (who should come out in the next movie, but should've been mentioned in this one), interaction between the main characters, and gut's childhood( goes with gambino).

Yes i agree i think the movie is mostly for the audience that reads the manga, i watched the anime cuz i though it would be interesting... after a struggle to end 1st episode i finished the anime in 1 day... and i wanted more... so i started to read the manga...and then comes the movie... personally i think it was great and im expecting more from the next ones
Jun 18, 2012 11:46 AM

Jun 2009
Hey Casca, you're looking...kinda pale O_o

Those computer animated parts were ATROCIOUS. I was afraid the whole thing would be like this and was about to drop this after 5 mins. Glad I didn't because the rest was surprisingly good. Although it felt a bit rushed. Still, nice memories from reading the manga. Back in the day, when Berserk was still good. Those were the times...
Jun 19, 2012 4:07 PM

Jul 2009
Come on guys. The CGI wasn't the problem in and of itself.

The problem was the lack of individuality that it gave the troops. ALL of the CGI troops looked quite young and lacked facial detail. Using CGI is one thing but they could have atleast given them the sort of roughed up look that the background soldiers actually had in the manga.

The CGI would have been fine if they spent that little bit more time on the actual models, but they didn't.
Jun 20, 2012 7:51 AM
Sep 2007
My god I had a hard time finishing this movie, the late 90s version was better, soundtrack, and almost everything. The only decent thing about this new version was the fight scenes and still it wasn't the best. This shouldn't have even been made, why did they do a crappy job on this.

It should of been 2 hours long at least, they left so much out from the manga its stupid, you just can't grasp the characters with this movie. Its just a ferking action movie, watch the t.v series, or read the manga. I don't think we will ever get anime version that is ever close the manga.
KamapuaaJun 20, 2012 8:14 AM
Hi
Jun 20, 2012 9:01 AM

Jan 2011
yes the cgi can be a bit rough at times but it does not look bad, i can also see they put in a lot of effort in the actions and battle scenes, best horse riding animations i have seen so far

i think they did well to introduce the important chars, even with so many things being left out (maybe my experience with the manga helps)

overall this is a good movie for me
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Who else thinks this art is better than the 2016 series?

MrYandereFan26 - Apr 9

9 by Liberandum_ »»
Apr 10, 10:32 AM

» Berserk fell off after Golden Age

removed-user - Jul 27, 2021

36 by -DxP- »»
Nov 27, 2022 5:48 AM

» BERSERK MEMORIAL EDITION WILL INCLUDE NEW SCENES (BONFIRE OF DREAMS)

KatoWorks - Aug 8, 2022

23 by KatoWorks »»
Sep 21, 2022 5:08 PM

» when to watch this?

Hystique - May 22, 2021

10 by Zoldra0 »»
May 28, 2021 3:47 AM

» Do these films do the manga justice?

jimbob1141 - May 18, 2013

12 by Thorf »»
Apr 1, 2021 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.