3It was OK
11.0%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
5.8%
Average 4.2
154 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 2, 2008 10:16 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sad to see Haman go, I think they handled her death well though (unlike most of the others).

So uh, Pure Two just kind of ... died? I wonder if she's still just lying in that chair? Wow...

Either way, I do have to say this was a great ending, it was actually satisfying and didn't feel so sudden/abrupt like some other Gundam's. Congrats to that.

All in all I think I can only give it like a 7/10 though.
Aug 3, 2008 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
Beecha V Elle. I think that was the shortest amount of time between slaps by different people in a MSG episode (yes I'm obsessed with slaps in this franchise)

Interesting twist that the Zeon girl was a double, but kind of pointless to just throw that at us in the last episode. Well, they better elaborate in the next Gundam show after this.

LOL @ Bright getting hit. The dude...cannot catch a break.

Where was Judau going at the end and why didnt his sister want to see him yet? I'm confused.

EchelonV said:
Sad to see Haman go, I think they handled her death well though (unlike most of the others).

Yeah, that was a good last speech from her about humanity not getting past the asteroid belt.

So uh, Pure Two just kind of ... died? I wonder if she's still just lying in that chair? Wow...

LOL. You know I still cant remember wtf happened to the first Puru, she never really got a send-off, I think. Both deaths badly handled.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 3, 2008 7:10 PM

Feb 2008
Puru Two blasted Puru in one of the mech's when she tried to save Judau or something ... but eh, yeah, that one was handled terribly too. I remember Judau being perfectly fine later on in the episode.

Oh and yeah, that Mineva double thing was kind of out of nowhere. A little ridiculous, but I guess it's believable with such a royal based faction and whatnot.

Bright, lol ... I think he deserved that hit after MSG, Zeta, and this, etc, I felt bad for him though. XD
Aug 3, 2008 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
Haman Karn is my favourite character from ZZ Gundam. She's one of the best MS pilots. She's also magnificent and a fiery redhead. I don't like that she died either. But, I agree about how they handled it. It was better than either Puru or Puru Two.

It's been awhile since I saw ZZ Gundam. But, I seem to remember the other characters including Judau not showing any sadness about Puru or Puru Two dying. I mean it was especially sad for Puru. Considering, she was with them for quite awhile.
Aug 4, 2008 4:38 AM

Jan 2008
I'm still laughing over Puru Two being slumped over in that chair...completely ignored. They should cut back to her after the credits have rolled, then have her fall off out of frame, then cut to black.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 26, 2008 7:09 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was a pretty nice ending, and overall I rate this show 7/10.

The deaths were definitely a weak part of this series. Most of them really were just not done right, which is kinda disappointing.

Dec 8, 2008 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
Well the first half of this series was crap. Too much comedy and stupidity with the likes of Mashima and the shangri-la. Thankfully once they left there the show got into gundam form.

Its sad Haman died, but it was necessary and Glemy, finally the bitch got what was coming to him.
Jan 2, 2009 11:12 PM

Aug 2008
Wow! I really liked the ending, despite what few things about it nagged me. Haman's death was a sad moment for me, she was one of the better, if not best female character in the show. But in the end, it seemed like she was just so tired of fighting and struggling that she just didn't want to do it anymore and killed herself.

When I first started watching this show, I did so just to see if I could find out what happened to Kamille after he brainwiped/mindf*cked/"scirroccoed", but I'm glad I stayed for more than that. The Earth (Africa/Dublin) arc really lifted this above the HORRIBLE CRAP that was the beginning of the series.

This show really earned the name Gundam once it was finished, but I can't forgive it for such a horrible, disrespectful beginning and how badly they handled the deaths. Puru Two didn't fade into nothingness, she died right there are the bridge and was practically ignored! Puru was hardly missed either. Hell in the previous Gundam series they cried if people left the shiP.

6/10 ... I had given this a 2 or 3 in the beginning.
Dec 1, 2009 7:03 PM

Feb 2009
Good ending, not as good as previous ones, but good enough. I don't have a whole lot to say.

True the beginning of the series was slow, silly and almost ridiculous, but it had very funny moments, I lol'd, and the middle arcs in the Earth (specially the Desert arc) were among the best Gundam arcs if you ask me.

VeethornOct 21, 2016 10:20 AM
Dec 11, 2009 2:14 PM

May 2008
Nice ending.

R.I.P. Chara and Haman, why do the good characters always die.

BTW what the hell happened to Iria Pazom? I believe she didn't die in the battle, the last time I saw her was after Mashymre death
Jan 2, 2010 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
Maybe the viewer should decide whether Puru two died or not. Nonetheless it was a great show, but I'm dissapointed about one specific couple.
May 6, 2010 7:17 PM

Apr 2009
haha.. i finally finished the AEUG series of UC.. nice ending i should say.. looks like i got entertained by the show, too, as i laughed at all the loltominos at the early part of this show no matter how much i know that everything is just outright ridiculous and the middle part was just outstanding and Zeta-like.. Haman's death in this ending and her speech is also good.. but they handled other people's deaths so ridiculously especially for both Puru's.. also, this seems to be a bonus if you want to see the happy ending of Kamille and Fa, because damn Kamille got scirrocco'ed in Zeta which made me really hate that ending..

Unicorn connection: because i watched Unicorn ep1 before this, i think i learned some stuff.. the Mineva Zabi in ZZ is a double.. therefore, the real one is hiding somewhere and she'll come back in 8 years as Audrey Burne.. and i bet one of the pilots of those Qubeley Mass Production Types is Marida Cruz aka Ple Twelve..
Dec 20, 2010 3:33 PM

May 2008
Nice ending to the series, and the moment between Leina and Judau was sweet at the end.
I was really bothered by the first part of the series, it was like they took the whole Zeta Gundam as a joke and even what happened with Kamille was overlooked. But with the Earth arc the series redeemed itself and really made me exited over every episode. Though there are a lot of things that they haven't really explained and quite a few plot holes, I enjoyed ZZ very much from the beginning till the end.
I'm still thinking about the rating....
Jan 4, 2011 10:16 PM

May 2010
Man, you guys really go for melodramatic nonsense, don't you? Not saying that Zeta was bad, but you should lighten up and laugh, because the beginning of ZZ was supposed to be a respite. Sure, call it disrespectful, but it's his own creation, if anything it's self-deprecating humor; he of all people has the right to do that. Even though on a crude 10-point scale it's the same (7/10), I honestly preferred this to Zeta. Zeta fucked up a few deaths too (remember how they just sort of forgot that Kamille's parents were murdered?), so both series failed equally at that regard. Though overblown at times, it also felt more honest overall, and the characters were better developed. Or at least the relationships between characters was better. Anyways, shit was good, I can't wait to see Char's counterattack :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 3, 2011 5:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ok ending for an anime that was entertaining, yet all over the place. I can't help but thinking that there were too many hands involved in the script and so many changes. In any case the first 20 chapters were very odd although things got a lot better, I cannot help but thinking that the fact that Tomino got green light for Char's Counterattack messed up what should have been the original plan with ZZ.

One thing I did like a lot was Judau leaving for Jupiter. It means that Judau was actually listening to Haman's last words, and will be doing his bit to make sure that humanity can leave the Earth and help preserve it.

What is a bit confusing is that there seems to be implied some sort of relationship between Judau and Roux. I cannot really recall them having any kind of intimacy during the course of the series.

Lastly, I was very happy to see that Kamille is doing fine and seems to be happy with Fa. Those 2 really deserve it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2010
Despite the mediocre start, I was surprised that ZZ became quite entertaining after the first 18 episodes or so. I found it somewhat disappointing as Haman just commits suicide at the end of this episode, I was expecting her to go out with a bigger bang since her character was such a badass in Zeta. Also the Judau/Roux ending felt somewhat tacked on. Her attraction to him wasn't really implied very well and was only briefly hinted in like 2 episodes, with no real development in their relationship. I find it as one of the weaker series(but not a horrible one), ZZ is miles better than Seed and Wing in terms of enjoyment despite its rocky start.

7/10
Feb 25, 2011 8:59 AM
Nov 2008
Beatnik said:
Beecha V Elle. I think that was the shortest amount of time between slaps by different people in a MSG episode (yes I'm obsessed with slaps in this franchise)

Interesting twist that the Zeon girl was a double, but kind of pointless to just throw that at us in the last episode. Well, they better elaborate in the next Gundam show after this.

LOL @ Bright getting hit. The dude...cannot catch a break.

Where was Judau going at the end and why didnt his sister want to see him yet? I'm confused.

EchelonV said:

Yeah, that was a good last speech from her about humanity not getting past the asteroid belt.

LOL. You know I still cant remember wtf happened to the first Puru, she never really got a send-off, I think. Both deaths badly handled.

What happened to the real Mineva isn't revealed in the next Gundam show (which is Victory), but it is revealed in Gundam Unicorn.

Edit: Also I am baffled that anyone can prefer this show to Zeta. Kamille's parents are not as important of characters are Puru and Puru II were... And at least you could tell they died. I didn't even know that Puru II had died until I read this thread, and it took me a little while to realize Puru had died, too, because their deaths were handled so nonchalantly.

Char's Counterattack is even worse in terms of deaths though.
jonnjonzzFeb 25, 2011 9:36 AM
May 31, 2011 4:08 PM
Jul 2010
Nice ending. Felt a little rushed, with too many fights and prominent deaths in quick succession, but that's not so bad. The ending was vaguely cheerful, offering a lot of relationship closure while only mentioning the potential for future conflict.

I thought it was an okay series. Frustrating and annoying at times, but occasional quality made it bearable. I wouldn't mind seeing Judau return in a different show.
Aug 24, 2011 7:08 PM

Aug 2009
I really liked the fact they showed Kamille and Fa at the end. I'm really happy for them =3

During Haman and Judau's fight I shit a brick when images of all the previous dead Newtypes (Lalah, Four and such) It just came out of nowhere!

ZZ so far has been the weakest for me, as most people said above the first half was bollocks. But it gradually got better.. But it still doesn't live up to 0079 and Zeta.

So since the Zeta movies were made, this story has been forced out of canon.. Same with Counterattack as well. And seeing though they're reanimating the original MGS (Origins manga rather) It looks like they might be rewriting the UC timeline..

I'd like to see that happen.. Especially when I was expecting to see Sayla in Counterattack.. Maybe this time around she'll have more involvement in the post Zeta stories.

7/10 anyway. I really liked the ending =)
Aug 26, 2011 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
So in the end it's Judau x Roux? It's a sad for a guy to lose his harem...

I see they opted for the "happy ending" rather than Zeta's depressing one. I was quite skeptical when I first started this series, but in the end it was much better than I had expected; it definitely isn't a terrible series.

Definitely don't overlook ZZ Gundam, especially if you're going to watch all of the UC Universe!

8/10
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Nov 24, 2011 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
For me the whole series was a big joke. I found Zeta to be a shadow of the first MSG with the script all over the place and this kept all the bad things of Zeta, enhanced them even more and also added a lot of silliness to completely destroy any hope of decency.
It managed to have a half decent ending at least and a few decent episodes every now and there but in the end it was a general mess. I don't even wanna start with the list of messy things it had, the worst Gundam series i ever saw.
Feb 5, 2012 11:47 PM

Apr 2009
It began as a trainwreck, but so much of a trainwreck that it was even funny. As the show went on, it slowly found sort of fine balance between seriousness and silliness. Not the least bit like the original Gundam, but nice in its own way. Then Zeta rose from its mouldy grave and bit it, and there things went downhill again, descending into the mess of an ending. The whole Zeta was a mess too, but at least half-decent plot and general pathos were keeping it afloat.

All that said, with a healthy dose of popcorn ZZ was a more entertaining watch than Zeta.
May 15, 2012 7:10 AM
Nov 2010
Nice ending. I agree with everyone, the first half was kind of mediocre (although I must admit I did laugh at some of the ridiculous scenes, they were kind of refreshing and not that bad).
In the other hand, the second part surprised me in a really good way. I loved some of the plot-twists like Glemy's betrayal or Mashyma (I won't even try to spell that right) brainwashing. Haman's death was very well done.
I agree some of the deaths were badly handled and I still don't get how Leina is alive, and where did that Judau x Roux come from?
I won't compare it with Zeta because they both had ups and downs and I think they kind of complement each other (in a very weird way)

7/10.

And now time for Char's Counterattack! Finally! :D
May 19, 2012 3:44 PM

Dec 2010
*facepalm* at no one caring about Plu Two's death
Aug 6, 2012 10:02 AM

Apr 2009
Impressive ending, the final two episodes were cool. The episodes that took place on Earth were pretty good as well, they had proper plot and character progression, nice tactical battles and were overall a nice mix of comedy and seriousness that actually gained momentum from the goofy first 20 or so episodes. Too bad overall almost 40 episodes of this were outright terrible..

4/10, it's not as bad as the MAL score suggests, but I'm still happy I can move on to something else. Although ZZ was full of crappy writing and completely pointless episodes, in the end I felt it was worth watching for the good parts
Nov 9, 2012 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
It's over! Thank God it's over!

Erm. Good God... it felt like every single episode had something that really frustrated me. Character progression? Who needs it! Tomino just decided to make sudden unexplained changes to the characters whenever he deemed fit. Zeta's development was far from the best I've seen, but it's leagues ahead of this mess.
The battles didn't have the same sense of scale and urgency that Zeta and 0079's did--I mean, you could count the number of times enemy units actually hit a target on two hands! Surprise attacks, specially trained pilots of specialized Gundam's, Cyber Newtypes? All worthless against the almighty GUNDAM TEAM.

*sigh*

There's also the overplaying of newtype abilities. I mean, a gundam harnessing the power of human souls? AGAIN? Seriously!? It was cheap in Zeta and it's even cheaper here. Add to that the AEUG's reliance and complete faith in (mostly) insubordinate teenagers, among other ridiculous choices made by Captain Bright, and you have a pretty damned shitty show--and that's without even getting into those horrific first 20 episodes.

It wasn't ALL bad, though. A few parts of some of the speeches were rather well done, I thought, and the scenes with Kamille were handled well. The show did get a few laughs out of me as well, so I'll be generous and give it a 4/10. ZZ Gundam is the worst show I've ever watched to completion.
Apr 29, 2013 6:25 AM

Oct 2009
Finally over!!!! Honestly towards the end i got very tired of the BS in this, just couldn't wait for it be over, even though the first bit and later were goofy it was entertaining but then it just had too many plot holes and nonsense after the Desert arc, it was pretty frustrating.

I thought the whole crew was somewhat better and developed than Zeta, but then again there were too much crap in the way.

Haman was great character, wish she didn't have to die in a show like this..

At least Kamille seems to be cured and together with Fa :D

Judau X Roux huh? Kinda saw that coming..

Really, REALLY wanna give it a 5-6, but i'll be generous and give it a 7. Worst Gundam so far for me :/
May 3, 2013 3:19 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, this series was so disappointing. Overall I give it a 5/10. Maybe I'm scoring it a bit lower than I usually would since it was such a let down after MSG 0079 and Zeta.

I wouldn't say this is the worst Gundam though, that title goes to 00.
May 29, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
How did Leina and Sayla get together? Bah. Everything in this series is so off. When Judau saw Leina, he didn't even seem to remember she died. It was as thought she just got back from summer camp or something. =_= Bahhh.

All the new characters were either never developed, not interesting or deep, or completely unbelievable. Their actions were contradictory or out-of-character far too often. >_< The preexisting seemed to mostly exist as plot devices, appearing to relay bits of information and such then never appearing again. Haman should have kept the new hairstyle, Bright was a complete fool and too weak to make much needed "corrections" to his crew, and Kamille seemed way too out of it. I hope he doesn't remain a semi-conscious space prophet. :S

The Africa arc was more consistent with Gundam, but the plot came across as very somewhat episodic and the theme didn't come through enough aside from a few scattered speeches for me.

I mostly enjoyed this series post-the comedic horror that is episode 1 through ~20. There were some good episodes, but this series is not up to par with Gundam at all. =_= I'll go watch something with Char in it now.

4/10, though Mushymushy's death was over 9000/10
Sep 9, 2013 1:38 PM

Mar 2010
Well the whole Africa and Dublin part was really great, just totally without fault awesome gundam stuff.

But that's like, what, a fifth of the series?

I think I'm going to give this one like a 5. It wasn't totally without merit, but it was such a bloated disgusting mess of a show.

I'm glad I'm done. Now it's time for Char's Counterattack!
Jan 21, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2008
Technoforever84 said:
Now, I'll watch the original Gundam since I haven't seen it yet.
This doesn't compute...
Feb 18, 2014 11:35 AM
Aug 2011
Holy shit this ending was glorious!

First of all, CHARA.FUCKING.SOON!!!!!!
Did you guys not see how amazingly this woman died?! Her death blew my mind.
First her clothing went, then she did, then whatever was left of her gathered into pink particles and floated away into the universe.
It was better than all the deaths in Zeta combined.
I had to pause and rewatch that part again then I was struck with a laughing fit.
"Like I told you, I am Chara Soonnnnnnn!" So good, way to win my heart.

Haman's death was perhaps very slightly lacklustre but it was still good.
She was a good pilot, very intriguing and not annoying. I still feel like they could have done more with her.

Some things were bothersome like Mineva not being Mineva. The whole Leina ordeal was handled weirdly but at least she and her brother reunited.
I still don't like or dislike Judau. He's the main character and i've remained indifferent about him all this time. Oops.
Kamille and Fa running down the beach was cute.

This ending, like 0079's will be memorable for me for different reasons.
As far as entertainment goes this episode was a 9.5/10.
The entire series however, is heavily flawed (we have ~30 replies here pointing out the flaws, no need for me to do it) and just utterly stupid at times. I'd give it no higher than a 4/10.
What do you do when you like one thing but hate another?
Ah, that's why I avoid posting scores on discussion forums. It's very difficult to put ratings into numbers when you feel to completely opposite things at the same time.

Off to Char's Counterattack. :D

Ckan said:
Technoforever84 said:
Now, I'll watch the original Gundam since I haven't seen it yet.
This doesn't compute...

Lol these comments.
Watching this backwards because watching it in timeline order is too mainstream.
standFeb 18, 2014 11:40 AM
Mar 17, 2014 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
This was a pretty nice ending, I liked how it ended on happy terms instead of Zeta's emofest. (Not that I didn't like it, but this was a nice change of pace.)

I actually liked Judau as a main character, although both Kamille and Amuro were MUCH more memorable.

Probably the highlight of the ending for me was actually Kamille and Fa running in the beach. Kamille x Fa I guess

Also lol Brighto getting slapped by Judau was so anticlimactic.

7/10
Apr 2, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2010
To be honest, I wish I hadn't watched this series. Curiosity got the better of me though and 47 episodes later here I am. This show had me going WTF? plenty of times, the deaths were just so ridiculous.

The romance at the end didnt even make sense, I'd always thought it was gonna be Elle x Judau but they pull Roux out of nowhere. Then they pull out all this houdini newtype space wizardry nonsense in the last 5 episodes. My time could have been better spent watching a Gundam series that was actually good. 6/10
Apr 16, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
rip chara soon, your voice actress was fucking horrible, Haman's death was a fitting end to what was a pretty good villain, The ending was satisfying even if judah x roux came out of fucking no where. Thank god kammile seems to have fully recovered(and hooked up with fa) cause that kid has suffered enough as it is

welp that ends a extremely mixed series, the 1st act of the series was just terrible, im all for having comedy and more light hearted moments in a series like this but they did it all wrong, making a psychopath from the last series become a slapstick comic relief as well as making returning characters incompetent in the name of comedy just leaves a foul taste in my mouth, the 2nd act was absolutly phenomenal from the character development, to glemy's decent as a madman, the sudden tonal shifts, respect for the casualties of war, and the great colony drop arc really saved this series, the 3rd act started off fine but was a mixed bag with some bad episodes, though id say the final 3 were good

i give the series a low 5/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 24, 2014 12:10 PM
Jul 2013
I couldn't even count the plotholes towards the end anymore... It was great, just great!
-1+4i/5+5i for me.

I'm somehow really hyped for CCA and of course Origin right now.
Jun 1, 2014 12:02 PM
Apr 2010
Paying attention must be too hard for you people.
The legal age of consent in Japan is 13, so shota is totally legal in Japan. In some western countries shota might be considered child porn.
Jul 1, 2014 7:26 PM

May 2008
To put it simply: It's not as good as 0079, but better than Zeta. That's right, I thought ZZ was better than Zeta. Buuuut, a lot of it is due to the emotional factor. Where Zeta annoyed and frustrated me for over half the show, ZZ was less so. I found ZZ to be overall more enjoyable (or easier to digest) than Zeta.

The #1 problem that it continues from Zeta: Bad characters and development. While the characters (barring Mondo and Beecha during the beginning) weren't highly grating and annoying you at every turn, many of them are just inconsistent or dull. Like Roux during the African arc or Brighto during the whole season. It's very obvious during the character deaths where the protags get over it within the next minute. It sorta kills the fact the Gundam Team actually had a connection as a team/friends and the villains had potential to be interesting.

The comedy bits was hit and miss. All the deaths except 2 where either done very sloppily, are plain terrible, or very unnecessary. Add the crappy pacing and writing, ZZ comes off as completely half-assed. Almost as if Tomino only knew he needed to make a light-hearted sequel to kill of Haman and nothing else. The potential in the ideas is there, the writing is not anywhere near the level to pull it off.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but I am really, really glad there was no romance in this. I couldn't imagine how terrible it would of been; Gundam does fine without it, imho. I don't count the Judau x Roux at the end because I'm sure it was said that Roux was from/going back to Jupiter, so it would make sense for her to go with Judau.

parfaited said:

First of all, CHARA.FUCKING.SOON!!!!!!
Did you guys not see how amazingly this woman died?! Her death blew my mind.
First her clothing went, then she did, then whatever was left of her gathered into pink particles and floated away into the universe.
It was better than all the deaths in Zeta combined.
I had to pause and rewatch that part again then I was struck with a laughing fit.
"Like I told you, I am Chara Soonnnnnnn!" So good, way to win my heart.

I KNOW RIGHT? Chara showed all of the characters how to die an epic death. Even Haman couldn't beat her forever 2nd place and Marshmallow is totally jelly in his space grave. The Zeta characters can only wish they had half the coolness of her death. xD
SakariiJul 2, 2014 6:33 PM
Jul 12, 2014 11:06 PM

Mar 2013
overall this one had its ups and downs and I would give it a 7/10 but it gets a 6/10 because no one gave a single fuck about either Puru dying! ORZ
Jul 30, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
This show was ass

24 episodes of bad comedy and generally unlikeable characters made it impossible for me to care about them when things got even remotely serious. The new mobile suits were pretty uninspired and they reduced the Qubeley to a mass produced goon unit by the end totally ruining how unique and cool it was in Zeta. Speaking of which Haman still goes criminally underused in this and her fascination with Judau seemed really silly compared to her Zeta self. At least she succeeded at times with things like the colony drop. Puru (both of them) is just an awful presence in this show and makes Rosamia look good comparatively. Also, I'km not even gonna bother ranting about the bullshit of how a single rag tag team of delinquents took down Neo Zeon single handedly considering the chaos of how Zeta ended. The only important thing I even took from this mess in regards to the UC was a throwaway line in the finale about the Mineva in this being an impostor...oh well onto CCA.
Sep 9, 2014 6:58 PM

Sep 2008
space magic and Elle being a cutie
Nov 15, 2014 3:05 AM
May 2013
Zz isn't that bad .
Chara and Haman fabulously turning into stardust .
Puru Two had the worst death .
I think this ending is better than Zeta and 0079 endings, it feels less dramatic .
Puru is the best girl .
Dec 1, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
"Episodes 1-25" 2/10
"Episodes 26-47" 6/10

Overall, a 5/10 series. It doesn't make justice to 0079 and Zeta because the first half is extremely bad and the important events are not handled well, but sadly, those events are too important and I wouldn't recommend anyone to skip the series because if they jump straight from Zeta to CCA/Unicorn, they'll be left really confused.
Dec 13, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2010
Jesus christ, Puru Two's death was literally the worst ever, I kinda laughed how bad it was. On the other hand Hamans was the best, great character.

When I saw Kamille and Fa running on the beach all happy it really gave me a big smile, they deserve it after being through all that shit.

The first half was horrible and I was close to just quit the show but the second half was better atleast so I give it 6/10.
Dec 23, 2014 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
everything in this show is mediocre. This show would have been MUCH better if it was an AU show and didnt have haman in it. Those facts alone make me want to rate it 1/10.

Zeta is a masterpiece anime to me, i think its one of the best anime of all time, and its just depressing to no end that this is the sequel...

Haman is a completely different character, The main chars are all annoying except for Judau AT TIMES.....all the enemies are jokes and not intimidating at all compared to other gundams...

After coming from the masterpiece that is zeta I understand the accusations that Tomino was trying to ruin gundam intentionally... i mean seriously... how can you write a masterpiece like zeta and then churn out this BS the very next year. I don't get it.

Haman's character is completely ruined. I love every other UC era gundam show, and would be proud to show these shows to anyone, if it werent for ZZ... ZZ drags the entire UC era down with its BS.

MSG is awesome, then Zeta is awesome, then this thing just holds you down and shits in your face. like WTF. such a waste of time.

they should have just ended zeta with haman dying and gone straight to Char's Counter Attack.. or completely forgot ZZ and made an actual zeta sequel instead of CCA where the first half deals with haman and second half deals with the CCA events of amuro x char rivalry... the UC era as a whole would be one of best animes of all times if there was a way to skip ZZ...

But there really isn't... even the new movies are too different and skip too much stuff from zeta to justify watching those instead of the TV series... so if you want to enjoy the UC era you literally HAVE to suffer through this BS JUST SO YOU CAN SEE PURU'S ORIGIN AND HAMANS FATE (hamans fate and characterization weere BS in ZZ btw so ts pointless you just have to suffer through it)

literally... you have to go through 47 episodes of terribleness... except for a few eps in the middle involving the desert battles and colony drop... you have to go through 47 episodes of torture just to see puru's origin and see Haman's character get ruined... besides those few good eps in the middle every other episode is torture compared to zeta and original MSG... i dont get it...

how and why did this ever get made....

its like if Rock Lee & friends comedy anime was canon and was an interlude between original naruto and shippuden... where you have to watch all that stupid, terrible , bad comedy BS just to get stories of few characters. shit is ridiculous...

They should make a movie that takes place after zeta TV and ignores ZZ... Kamille still a vegitable... and have Char or maybe Char / Amuro team up to fight Haman and end with Haman's defeat, and that movie will lead into Char's Counter Attack, which will lead into Unicorn... if they did that UC gundam would be prob my #1 fav anime... but just the existence of ZZ drags it down to like #15 or lower.
Jan 25, 2015 6:53 PM

Sep 2009
Pink Space Dust?
Proper badguy suicidal death?
Dying in a chair and nobody actually commenting on it?

Zeta eat your heart out these deaths had character!
Feb 12, 2015 2:54 AM

Jul 2009
It's finally over T__T

Lots of thoughts and emotions, but here it goes.

It seems Puru 2 has absorbed Puru's memories, that's why she's acting like Puru 1.

I think they should have let Roux and Elle have a long talk before Judau sorted out. Like be careful or say something that i love you and don't die out there.

At least, Roux should have said it since she did came with Judau towards the end.

And finally some Bright Slaps!! Seriously they should have more of these!

Finally, i was looking for what happened between the 5 Qubeley's, so Chara Soon took them all!!

WTF she did much better than Mashymre did. I wish the other characters deaths were like this.

Haman with that suit looks gorgeous!!

The fight between Judau and Haman is amazing!!! I think it's just as good as Paptimus and Kamille. Judau left Double Zeta to fight Haman one on one, just like Char vs Amuro did at the end of Gundam 079.

And wow!! It seems Judau unlocked the ultimate awakening mode for Double Zeta. It automatically transformed on its own.

I also was surprise to see Zeta and 079 characters inside of Double Zeta like Lala Sune, Four, Kat(bastard), Sarah, and even Kamille!

I don't think Judau even met half of these casts besides Kamille and Puru. They should have added Rosamia, Emma, Reccoa.

They even made it like Paptimus and how Haman couldn't move as she saw Double Zeta's Ultimate Awakening form.

WTF the last battle scene is straight up from 079 when Char's mobile suit ambushed Amuro above, but Amuro went head on and both were destroyed.

Damn, Haman dies :(

To be honest, i think she's the type of person who just wants someone to understand what she's feeling. having lived all her life on space, of course she resented those on earth who enjoyed their lives while she keeps on fighting till the end.

RIP Haman. Wish Char was there to witness and convinced you not to fight back.

Yeah, the last part was your typical UC Gundam Ending. Basically a wreckage main suit escaping a destroyed colony.

Happened to Amuro, Kamille and now Judau.

I can't believed Puru just died in the background like that. They could have at least acknowledge her death and buried her properly.

Also so the Mineva was a fake one, and the real one hasn't appeared since it was sent from space back to earth? Though i was pretty sure the Zeta one was real since Char even interacted and remembered some of their memories.

Unless this on was completely new and she just look like the one from Zeta. It does make sense if you think about it since she barely talked throughout the series until the last few episodes.

Finally Judau throwing a punch to Bright. You can't end a Gundam UC series without Bright getting beat up :P

And wow why is Judau and Roux leaving everyone like that?! I understand they might have feelings together and Elle probably let them go, but why the two of them?!?!

You know Judau should have stayed with everyone so at least they can take care each other in the coming years.

I think it's unfair, but it's they're choice in the end.

Lol Elle still fighting with Roux, still i kinda hope i would see Elle telling Judau that she likes him or anything.

And Judau is even leaving Leina!! But wow Leina is really grown up now!

At least Judau can rest assure that Leina is okay and all.

Still i hope everyone will be okay without Judau for three years. I'm glad we also get to see Sayla once more towards the end!

Glad Fa Yuiry and Kamille are doing fine on earth!

I was hoping we get to at least saw Amuro or even hint about Char's whereabouts.

We only saw him during the OP's Animation! I actually really thought Judau would meet him, but it seems they trolled us :X

I'm just glad Judau didn't get mind fucked like what happened to Kamille.

Man it's been a long journey, but i'm glad i was able to finish this series!!

I'm still conflict on which is better, since while i love the dark atmosphere and deaths of Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ also provided some dark deaths that are just as if not better than some of Zeta's scenes.

Also the OP Silent Voice is one of my favorites ever! Even surpassed Zeta's OP2 Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete.

Final Battle was just as good as well. I think all of the UC Gundam final battles have been satisfying as hell.

Double Zeta is such a beast! I thought Zeta Gundam was great, but damn Double Zeta took it into another level. Definitely just as strong as Wing Zero.

Finally it's over. Now i'm deciding if i should watch Char's Counterattack or watch the Gundam Side Stories like War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory etc.

Will see.

Lol keep denying Gundam ZZ existence haters. They already followed this up with Char's Counterattack so this is canon as hell. If you don't like it, then you gotta deal with it :P

I give this a 9/10, despite the first half being a comedic tone of some sorts. It definitely redeemed itself after Episode 20 or so.

As for the three protagonists, we all know Judau is the strongest Newtype. Kamille is the most agressive, and Amuro is the calm one.

Even though i still prefer Kamille a little bit over Judau. Judau really grew on me and he made some amazing decisions and learned alot compared to Kamille and even Amuro.

Not really a fan of Amuro tbh. I respect the rivalry between him and Char, but i always prefer Char than him and Kamille is definitely one of the strongest of the bunch.

Farewell Judau Ashta and everyone. Hope to see some of you in Char's Counterattack or the side stories!

Feb 18, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2014
Nice final episode but I feel like alot of people overlooked the fact that it took half the series before any kind of real progression began. HALF... 25 of it was nonsensical fights and forced humor.. I simply can't overlook such a glaring problem. Yes the 2nd half of ZZ was indeed good and got back to the familiar Gundam charm but all that does is lighten the blow. If it wasn't for a good 2nd half I would have given this a 3/10 but thank GOD they redeemed themselves with less hiccups later on.

There was too many glaring problems regarding the characters and storyline. Too much "ONII-CHAN" and not enough Gundam.

Overall it gets a 5/10 from me.
Feb 24, 2015 11:37 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really feel like everything ends up growing on you in the end-- mostly the characters.
At first, I didn't even have a favorite character-- couldn't even bother to remember anyone's name. By the end, I was finding something interesting about almost every character. Fun stuff!
I actually didn't mind the goofy feel of the first bit (this goofy bit would be seen in later episodes every now and then as well). I think it personally helped me actually care about the characters later on.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Episode 8 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Apr 11, 2010

35 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 25, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Episode 19 Discussion

sayami - Dec 9, 2010

34 by Kerendu »»
Mar 31, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Episode 46 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 3, 2008

49 by Ten »»
Mar 28, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Episode 45 Discussion

Echelon - Aug 2, 2008

40 by Ten »»
Mar 28, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Episode 36 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Jan 1, 2009

47 by FT_anime_fan »»
Mar 28, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.