Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 2009 10:11 AM

May 2008
SDF-4 Global? It' can't be due to the SDF-4 Liberator from Shadow Chronicles, and it being the SDF-2 is more possible, yet, why would would it be the number 4 and also be called Global? Just when you think you have the missing link to the original Macross series, you get more questions than answers... Although now i feel that the "bird human" thing from Macross Zero, might be one of the Vajra. Also the Vajra themselves are shrouded in mysteries, they're like the Zerg from Starcraft, or like the Flood from Halo, or by a robotic point of view: the Replicators from Star Trek. Show is quite interesting and nostalgic, anyways there's my fanboyish rant on what i think on it so far, I'll go back to marathoning it now.
Jul 5, 2009 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
No... not Alto-hime fanservice. I've made up my mind to hate you. Stop looking so fabulous damn it.

Also, the Ship Tease. Whyyyyyyyyyy ;____; I've already given up so why the need to throw in adorable Alto-hime/Ranka scenes? D:

Grace is really, really creepy. REALLY, REALLY CREEPY.

I shouldn't like this cap so much.
But I do.

BEGINNER
Sep 14, 2009 9:59 PM

Apr 2008
Graaaviiiiity nuuukkkke.

Oooh, I'm halfway through and so pumped. And I also wouldn't be surprised either if Breya was
due to the pic. I thought I was blind when I saw the flashback.

Brera is a stud.

WHERE'S Ranka?!
shakeyourpup45Sep 15, 2009 7:18 PM
Dec 9, 2009 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
Gaaahhhhhh!!! So many questions!
The explosion at the end was ridiculously cool!

Dec 15, 2010 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
INTENSE.

I like the Brera guy.
Dec 15, 2010 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
INTENSE.

I like the Brera guy.
Apr 26, 2011 11:00 AM

May 2010
Wtf, they copied Crest of the Stars on peeing thing
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 2, 2011 12:49 AM

Aug 2009
THE PURPLE HAIRED LADY IS CRAZY!!! X_X

Alto and Ranka were adorable near that pond thing!

Great episode overall!!

The chances of Sheryl and Alto and slimming by the episode which makes me happy! ^_^
Jul 13, 2011 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
Ranka does have little memory from her past. That’s good! At least it’s a good memory.

And very intense episode.
Dec 1, 2011 5:48 AM

Aug 2010
I thought so! SO there is more to Ranka than meets the eye.

I wonder what are those pills that Michael saw on the floor of Sheryl's room?

Im getting the vibe of altoXranka and michaelXsheryl from that episode... or maybe BreraXranka..

And well i kinda expected Grace to be evil, but that not that level of evil..
Dec 11, 2011 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
Finally things are moving, just what i was asking in my previous post. So the manager was some kind of cyborg that follows orders from some other person also. Those alien creatures don't have brains as it was said before so they could be control by whoever is giving orders to those cyborgs.

Also that Zentradi guy that conspired with that manager saying the universe isn't big enough for both of our races makes me wonder.

Anyway in the flashback with Raka the cyborg guy was there so it could be her brother but what picked my interest is how her mother said that the song she was singing was not from earth. As we know until now all the songs where from humans because Zentradi didn't have the ability to do anything other than fight. They forgot about singing and culture staff and that's why it was so much of a shock for them to hear them when they first met humans.
So i wonder what other race is left that is able to create songs? With that thought i assume that the race in question is protoculture and they may be the ones behind the creation of the Vajra as they where behind the creation of humans and Zentradi.
Maybe some survived and maybe Ranka and her family actually have protoculture blood.
Now the question is if protoculture is behind the attacks also. Have they created the Vajra but someone else is making use of them(maybe displeased Zentradi)? Or have they lived threw the years and for some reason are hostile and aggressive?
Dec 18, 2011 2:59 PM

Feb 2009
Queen Alien!!! :D

The ending was pretty sweet, I guess that works like a black hole?
Oct 7, 2012 12:39 AM

Sep 2009
Yup said:
SDF-4 Global? It' can't be due to the SDF-4 Liberator from Shadow Chronicles, and it being the SDF-2 is more possible, yet, why would would it be the number 4 and also be called Global? Just when you think you have the missing link to the original Macross series, you get more questions than answers... Although now i feel that the "bird human" thing from Macross Zero, might be one of the Vajra. Also the Vajra themselves are shrouded in mysteries, they're like the Zerg from Starcraft, or like the Flood from Halo, or by a robotic point of view: the Replicators from Star Trek. Show is quite interesting and nostalgic, anyways there's my fanboyish rant on what i think on it so far, I'll go back to marathoning it now.

Shadow Chronicles is Robotech though, so no relation to this here Frontier.
Jul 26, 2013 9:43 PM

Mar 2012
Finally....something that made watching the other 12 episodes worth watching...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 8, 2014 4:36 PM

Nov 2012
I can't believe it! There's now plot in this show!
Nov 2, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
SHIT JUST GOT REAL
Dec 11, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2011
HOLY SHEET SHE DESTROYED THE ENTIRE PLANET. Emotions aside, this episode was a shocker, the fact that Ranka is now hinted to be an alien, of all things. That spy for the Vajra...seems she really is intent to destroy humans and Zentradis. 5/5 for the outright shock value of this episode, and further expansion on Ranka's past. The assimilation of Macross into Vajra was their intention, it seems. Guessed Vajras were in the end, inferior to humans in terms of intelligence, and inferior to Zentradis in weapon-making.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 11, 2014 2:34 AM

May 2011
Confucius said:
Wtf, they copied Crest of the Stars on peeing thing

Observant, aren't you? I noticed this, and was like lol. SEIKAI NO MONSHOU FTW
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 14, 2016 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
That manager couldn't have planned for this to happen, could she? The only reason why the dimension eater got up and running is because Ranka chose to show up herself.
Mar 6, 2017 5:58 PM

May 2015
So they pull a Macross 7 and bust open another planet...

I don't know about you guys, but the best part was when Ranka was covering her head, and when she heard Ranka calling to her, one side of her hair raised up like a dog's ear. LMFAO!
Aug 23, 2020 2:46 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, that's a lot of things to happen in one episode

Brera is indeed Ranka's brother, just as I thought. Interesting that he he was shot by Sheryl it was exposed that he's just wearing a piloting suit and all those "mysterious" controls inside his VF are just an illusion.

What was with that "639 Witch Craft" pill? Was it among those Grace tried to give Sheryl? She said that the pills made her feel dizzy, implying she's tried taking them before...

That "Dimension Eater" thing was built by LAI! So that was the thing we saw inside a container a while ago...

So many mysteries! Did all these Vajra ships fold into the nest or were they there from the start?

Poor Exsedol lookalike died screaming "deculture". Press F.
St0rmbladeAug 23, 2020 3:14 PM
Oct 4, 2021 2:02 AM

Aug 2008
While watching the series again, it struck me more than ever: how is it possible to build an outpost and miss something like a wreck of Macross that was missing just for 11 years? Are NUNS incompetent to the point of not scouting that planet at all? Even regular patrol from the base should stumble on it. Wonder why vajra nest wasn't doing anything about that outpost either.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM
Apr 2019
What the fuck is happening?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lalolan - Dec 24, 2007

116 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.