Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 24, 2011 12:42 PM
Jan 2010
I watch this for the plot.
Apr 5, 2011 6:21 PM

Sep 2010
wat
Pretty ridiculous, but the ecchi...
May 9, 2011 2:53 PM

Mar 2011
Heh! There's a few series taht I want to catch up on, and this is one of the shows I'd seen a bit of artwork about and thought I'd give it a look!

Ridiculous panties galore to be sure, but I like the style of the older machine guns mixed with more modern rocket launchers and anti-material rifle thingymajig in the opening scene!

The last fight scene was pretty cool too! Someone else here mentioned the Neuroi reminding him of angels from Evangelion, and I totally thought the same thing! The part in Eva, when Asuka's unit 02 is fighting among the ships was pushed into my mind at that last fight part!

I want to see the conclusion to that, and I want to see Britannia too, since i'm from UK!
Jun 14, 2011 9:31 PM

May 2011
It was decent. After watching episode one of Strike Witches, Now I truly understand the meaning to good art/bad animation. It was a little choppy when the girls are walking and during the dog fights, but it wasn't so bad that I needed to drop it. I'll definitely see the next few episodes before judging again.

Sep 8, 2011 2:52 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not a fan of the character designs and the girl with the eye patch her voice sounds, well, "fake" to me. Not to mention the repeated an unnecessary fan service. I mean, yeah, I should have known but the people who came up with this seems to be trying to make the show fairly serious. They need to understand, that if that is the case, repeated panty shots really hurts their efforts.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 2, 2012 10:48 PM

Feb 2011
Strike "Fanservice" Witches? If I wanted too vent my perverted thoughts I would've gone and watched a Hentai movie. The story lacks fluency, characters are too unoriginal, most likely this show will be dropped.
Sep 10, 2012 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
The first 5 minutes were horrible, but the rest was okay. Charac design is a bit weird, but fits in the light/chibi-like atmosphere. This could be good, we'll see.
Oct 16, 2012 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Way too much fanservice and panties-shots of underage girls... I don't get this appeal at all. I have no trouble with occasional fanservice and some flashes here and there, but having panties shoved in my face every two seconds gets old and annoying rather quickly.

Not to mention the ridiculous backstory for the neuroi 'brooms'. And really, why not just call it 'legs' or something? They're obviously not broom-shaped in any way.

#dropped
Feb 7, 2013 2:27 PM

May 2012
Nice start I must say but what's up with all the girls don't wearing pants and those swimsuits that plus the animal ears oO? Oh well lets hope they won't get more focused on the ecchi part and more on the story!

Lets see what's next the concept is rather nice though!
Feb 27, 2013 2:37 PM
Aug 2010
Meh show but makes for good hentai fodder, shows like these usually goes along those lines, as its their purpose. I gotta commend the staff for using male bait setups and still trying to find ways to create a good serious plot at least; guess its safest to give the target audience what they want.
Mar 27, 2013 12:03 AM

Dec 2007
I like the start. Hopefully there will be more of a plot in the next episodes.
Sep 2, 2013 12:33 AM

Jul 2013
cladinpink said:
Way too much fanservice and panties-shots of underage girls... I don't get this appeal at all. I have no trouble with occasional fanservice and some flashes here and there, but having panties shoved in my face every two seconds gets old and annoying rather quickly.

Not to mention the ridiculous backstory for the neuroi 'brooms'. And really, why not just call it 'legs' or something? They're obviously not broom-shaped in any way.

#dropped

not dropping but my thoughts exactly regarding having lolis panties shoved in my face practically the whole time. Occasionally it's fine, all the time it gets irritating.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Oct 3, 2013 3:13 PM

Aug 2011
This anime is so bad.

WTF is with the panties shoved into my face, and not a fan of the ears and tail.
Ever hear of pants ladies?

Not dropping YET though I have a feeling I'll hate this anime.
Dec 27, 2013 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good start in the series, I really like the character designs, the animation, and the technology for fighting these Neuroi lifeforms. Yoshika looks like a promising character so I hope that personality of hers won't change. Also the other characters were not bad, but it is the beginning of the story.

Sakamoto is like persuading Yoshika in joining the military since they have evidence that she is most valuable for the war. Never knew this show has magic powers, so I want to expect more of those.

Though the downright is basically the fanservice of their really short shorts so I had to get used to it. The story looks good but I want some dark turns in later episodes.

Jan 5, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
Okay, so anime is about flying girls in panties with huge guns. Definitely lots of potential here. I have high expectations for this show. Replaced fighter jets with girls, incredible stuff!

I guess the little girl had some type of hole in her swim suit just for her tail...makes sense.

How does her friend even get stabbed in the chest if she fell and rolled down the hill.

This episode was top notch, very good. 2/5
Jan 26, 2014 10:57 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not hiding it,but i was really surprised when know that this Anime is airing around 2008,i thought it was 2010 Anime(because the movie in 2012)though the 2nd Season is around 2010,that mean this Anime is pretty old,especially since the 3rd Season is coming.

on the topic i already finished the entire series(1st & 2nd Season) so i'll give...

1st Episode : 6/10
1st Season : 7/10
May 3, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
Although this came first, it definitely reminds me of Vividred Operation. Mio has an interesting voice, I like hearing her "oh ho ho ho ho" laughs. Really quick jump into their journey. Looks like it'll be a fun watch. That strike unit looks hella fun, would be so cool to soar around in the sky like that (but don't show off my booty!)

As for all of the ass shots, can't really complain since I knew what I was getting into but yeah it's definitely excessive and unnecessary like Vivid.
Feb 6, 2015 4:51 PM

Nov 2012
Mother of underwears. So many panties to see.
Feb 22, 2015 6:20 PM

Nov 2014
It's so ridiculous and over the top it's actually entertaining. Really, why aren't any of them wearing pants? Who thought of this? It's hilarious.
Jun 29, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2015
The OP sucked and wow, so many pantyshots in one episode
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 26, 2016 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
After almost ten years since its release, I thought that a refresher, was not obligatory, but the truth is quite different, and to review that first season of Strike Witches, made me realize some things. So Miyafuji is a pacifist, as opposed to the new protagonist in Brave Witches, but there are also some small difference in the two seasons: here did not know the Striker unit, while in the fourth, the exploits of the 501st, had become history and the units were well known. However Miyafugi proves to have crattere as Sakamoto. Beautiful and catchy soundtrack, not bad designs and scenes, not up to the CG, but even now, the CG is not excellent. Here you see a lot more fanservice, perhaps the real revolution is right here.
Jul 31, 2017 1:39 AM

Nov 2013
Were pants not invented yet when they made this anime?
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 13, 2018 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
I know this anime is stupid, and I forgot how stupid it was. Strike Witches is one of those"turn off your brain" type of anime
Feb 7, 2018 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
OhTaKuSo said:
I know this anime is stupid, and I forgot how stupid it was. Strike Witches is one of those"turn off your brain" type of anime

You dont need your brain when watching ecchi. I rate this anime 9 of 10.
Feb 7, 2018 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
SilentNox said:
OhTaKuSo said:

I don't hate it, ( I actuality own it on blu-ray), It's just a bit stupid that the girl don't wear pants
Feb 7, 2018 9:44 AM

Aug 2016
OhTaKuSo said:
SilentNox said:

I don't hate it, ( I actuality own it on blu-ray), It's just a bit stupid that the girl don't wear pants

It's a world fashion.
Mar 9, 2018 11:03 PM

Sep 2013
I liked it! I'm kind of relieved too because I watched the OVA first and wasn't too crazy about it. They had introduced too many characters too quickly and it was hard to keep track of who was who. This one has much better pacing and better story.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 3, 2018 9:38 PM
Mar 2017
I can only watch this type of anime with 1.5x speed
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 13, 2019 10:17 AM

Sep 2018
How nice to see this anime series for the umpteenth time, not a masterpiece, but years later it is always nice to see it again, I never get bored, it will be because it is well made in many aspects. The opening and the ending are very catchy.
Jan 14, 2020 9:31 PM

Oct 2010
So much underwear? LOL
Feb 19, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
So that is "Pantsu - The Animation", I can see why. I'm only interested in that girl in the red bikini so far though.
Oct 16, 2020 6:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy shit that fanservices were real. Full of pantsu. They didn't even ashamed to wore it off in the public school such as school, on the streets, even in the battleships. Damn, what a lucky shit the male military had there xD. Major so far had an interesting characteristic by slapping Miyafuji much. I simply love her laughter xD. Then, the other witches revealed themself, and what the heck with that red bikini girl? Her zipper pantsu pretty sure openned up with an obvious purposes, to satisfied me. Such a shame, there was no proper image to cleared my view about behind that pantsu. Because, its clearly there was nothing there! XD

Left aside the fanservices, the story was okay. Eventhough its full of bullshit, at least its full of bliss. So i don't mind that bullshit much. The question is, how could they ended up thing? Well, the story revealed to be a long serialization. So, yeah, for the sake of humanity, and my poor soul, i might feel bad by loving this kind of thing xD.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 20, 2020 1:06 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I like fan service when done right. This is just making me uncomfortable.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 26, 2020 12:30 AM

Jun 2020
yeah i needed a breather five minutes in. they rly had to introduce every character with a pantie shot fucking ok
Jan 10, 2021 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
Looks like this is going to be a good show. It would have been better if they weren't lolis though.
Feb 1, 2021 3:49 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, at least I'm glad to see that mother and grandma are fine.. Well, as they could be dead as well after wars, if they also have talents, as Yoshika's father said..
So Sakamoto agreed to take Yoshika just as a passenger?.. Well, she probably hopes she'll join eventually anyway..
Well, Yoshika already started working, really.. Though, she could start develop her healing abilities or something.. But I'll guess we'll get this sooner or later.. Still, Yoshika seems to be hardworking girl already even without it..
Hm.. I wonder, if maybe Yoshika's father created this equipment, also having in mind his daughter.. Like maybe we can expect some special compatibility for Yoshika in the future, or something like that?.. Well, it could be cool..
Well, first episode was quite nice.. I feared a bit that maybe series will have too much action, but it also dedicates much time to characters as well, which is nice.. It didn't feel like action all the time on the screen, really.. As well as I don't care about action in my anime usually - it's nice that it's mixed with ecchi.. As I don't care about action, so at least I can watch bloomer shots, panty shots, and stuff.. So far - a nice start actually.. Only I'll hope that this anime won't have deaths of girls, or not that much of them.. I don't care about series being too serious, better if it'll be just enjoyable.. But that's my personal wishes to the series.. Will see, how it goes..
Mar 31, 2021 7:49 PM

Nov 2012
The girls in this are totally in line with my taste ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Especially Perrine, Lynne, Francesca and Erica from what I've seen from fanarts.

This series reminds me of a mix of Girl und Panzer, Symphogear and Vividred Operation. The latter of which was very clearly influenced by this series.

This first episode was really fun. What's there to hate with flying cat-eared lolis+ass shots and a not so serious military/warfare subplot.
Jun 12, 2021 5:08 PM
Dec 2017
The best part about t his anime. They let you know what it's all about before the intro even begins. Plenty of close up panty + poofy-vag shots.

If you don't like the fan service, or like it; then you didn't waste your time trying to figure out if this was your anime.
Jun 16, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2020
Very interesting start. I like the characters we have seen so far.

All that fansrevice is also great. :)

SerafosNov 24, 2023 8:20 AM
Aug 6, 2022 1:29 AM

Apr 2015
Wait a minute...

This is just Gunbuster, but retarded!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 16, 2022 3:12 AM

Jan 2015
Good start! I like the main character. Found the flying scene really, really funny for some reason.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Sep 18, 2008

103 by Kjngo »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 10, 2008

64 by b_oogaloo »»
Oct 3, 2023 9:37 PM

» Will the humanoid neuroi appear again in the future season

RitsuKunNew - Sep 15, 2023

8 by Fail_Man_X »»
Sep 22, 2023 11:50 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 14, 2008

78 by KayMigiwa »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Sep 4, 2008

54 by ColdBisquiT »»
Aug 9, 2022 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.