Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Strike Witches Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 18, 2008 1:01 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a great final episode! I liked the last battle against the warlock. I'd love to hold Sanya like that as well...
Since the Neuroi hide disappeared I guess we won't get a second season. I'm guessing that the whole hive fused with the warlock in the end or something, and thus it disappeared along with the warlock.
I'm giving Strike Witches 9/10, it's not on my top 5, but it's definitely one of my favorite animes.

Sep 18, 2008 1:16 PM

Was a great episode I await the second season.

Sep 18, 2008 1:37 PM

wow really a great episode, yes seem there wont be a 2nd season either. a great serie with great characters, great seiyuus and a great story^^
at first i really dropped this serie after 2 episodes, good that i catch up. 9/10 too
Advertisement for the DVD :3

Modified by cyruz, Sep 19, 2008 2:15 AM

Sep 18, 2008 1:49 PM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

I admit I didn't see the assimilation of the Akagi coming. 7/10

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse

Thx Kina.

[H+] ³  

Sep 18, 2008 1:58 PM

I loved the episode! The battle WAS EPIC! WTH! Big carrier being possessed by Neuroi? At first I though it was impossible to kill the piece of beep! The warlock was stupid though he fused his core with the whole thing instead of making two cores. So get rid of the big one core and BOOM the carrier went!

FINAL HIGHLIGHTS:

SEASON 2-->Yes, cause her father is alive and she may go and find out+witches are not gone just the 501st squadron so 47th was another squadron but with USA (Army Ari Force)?

The warlock was bad ass! It even tried to trick Miyafuji! Good thing it's DEAD!

The Akagi went down but it also went down in real history so that was respected.

Nice super strong from Gertrude but I liked most how her, Minna and Erica captured those piece of shit along with piece of CRAP MALONE! HATE THAT GUY!

-Few new powers: Erica has this blitzkrieg attack that dices anything it touches. Lucchini has this drill attack with her shield (pretty cool). Perrine's TONNERRE is nice as usual since she only used it twice; DUMB EXCUSE---->My hair gets messed up XD

Sanya and Eila super combination was cool. One guides the other.

The best was when everyone got their Strikers back! Now that was cool!

I NOMINATE THIS THE BEST ACTION EPISODE OF THIS SERIES FOR COOLEST NEUROI AND ACTION!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.

Sep 18, 2008 2:03 PM

I want more Witches

This episode was so so..

9/10 overall
Modified by Kotori, Sep 18, 2008 2:16 PM

Sep 18, 2008 2:14 PM

At the end they attacked in pairs, wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was very nice seeing more of their powers at the end.

Assimilation of the Akagi was definitely not on the predictable side though, it was very nice from an artistic point of view, specially after it stabilized and floated upon the clouds, even though a bit absurd.

I'm not sure if I should bump up my score for the series to a 9, I wish MAL had a rating system to the decimal, or at least increments of .5.

501st is disbanded with the liberation of Galia, but of course they've opened room for a new season with Yoshika's father's letter and the appearance of a Witch from another witch from Fuso.

Meanwhile we have some access to other stuff from the SW universe, such as Suomus Iranko Chuutai that's being translated by Baka-Tsuki.

EDIT: I also want the full version of the ED that's sung by all witches very much.
Modified by RandomOugi, Sep 18, 2008 2:37 PM

Sep 18, 2008 2:30 PM

very interesting end. the possibility of another OVA exists since they could tell a little more of what the letter from Dr. Miyafuji brought in the end contained. with their "favorite ass campaign" going on in japan, I'm assuming very likely that we WILL be getting a SS or OVA.

Sep 18, 2008 2:33 PM

they still didnt solve the whole contact issue. i expect a second season.

Sep 18, 2008 3:19 PM

Loved the last episode. After a major disappointment with Special A, I can safely say I am feeling all warm, fuzzy and happy inside.

Sep 18, 2008 3:35 PM

RAAAAAAAAAAWR!!!! HOLDING HANDS IS SOOOOO NOT CANON!!!!

Personal enjoyment rating, 7/10
Objective rating, 6/10
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Sep 18, 2008 4:20 PM

the ending bit was rather surprising...though the battle was so-so
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 18, 2008 4:53 PM

Objectively, this is everything that's wrong with anime. Shoddy writing, completely predictable plot, cliched characters, uneven art and animation quality, obvious TV censorship.

But I loved this show so much and I'm sad to see it gone ;___;

Sep 18, 2008 5:53 PM

Honestly I can't see this NOT having a second season.

I mean they left all the openings available, and NEVER said what happened to the other characters.

Honestly this series was somewhat of a hit, and they left it open for another season.
Don't give up hope.

Sep 18, 2008 8:28 PM

Well a second season is already awaiting us!

I wasn't that big of a fan of the series form the beginning, but I would have to admit that this was a very good finale!!!

Overall, considering this wasn't really my type of a series and for the most part I didn't really enjoy most of the episodes, I'll give it a 6/10

Though, I'm glad the ending left me on a positive note towards the series.

Sep 18, 2008 8:38 PM

TuXeyM11 said:

I mean they left all the openings available, and NEVER said what happened to the other characters.

Honestly this series was somewhat of a hit, and they left it open for another season.
Don't give up hope.

One more thing IMPORTANT: WE SHOULD ALL SOMEHOW COMMUNICATE WITH THOSE GUYS TO PUT LESS CENSOR IN THE 2nd SEASON before it comes out.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.

Sep 18, 2008 11:52 PM

Waru said:
Was a great episode I await the second season.

Epic first post.

And I believe there's only one word that's appropriate to describe this episode.
And that is mind shatteringly EPIC.

Good lot of action. Good lot of everything.

I WANT MOAR. GIMME MOAR.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Sep 19, 2008 4:54 AM
Ok, that was a goooood episode, really, I mean it. Why didn't they show us combination attackin' before? Shit Lucchini and Charlotte, Eila and Sanya, yey! Delicous! And we had some cute faces from Erica, Lynette and Perrine (Perrine's crying over her country was something I waited from the beginning, or something not Sakamoto-crying).

And ending. There was cute pictures. Karlsland trio were cute, uhuh :3
And can I imagine, that Sanya and Eila went to Suomus to swim ("I have surprise for you"-face Eila in lake... :D). Lynette sleeping on Perrine's shoulder and Perrines face, hehe. Or Lucchini and Charlotte eating spaghetti :> (Lucchini had some of funniest voices of the serie in this episode.)

Btw, anyone imagining Sakamoto as your P.E. teacher? OH SHI--! :F

But fukken yeah, I got, from the last episode, everything I wanted from the serie. Cute girls and some fighting. And something to dream of... :P
Modified by Soiled, Sep 19, 2008 4:59 AM

Sep 19, 2008 6:39 AM

Soiled said:
Ok, that was a goooood episode, really, I mean it. Why didn't they show us combination attackin' before? Shit Lucchini and Charlotte, Eila and Sanya, yey! Delicous! And we had some cute faces from Erica, Lynette and Perrine (Perrine's crying over her country was something I waited from the beginning, or something not Sakamoto-crying).

And ending. There was cute pictures. Karlsland trio were cute, uhuh :3
And can I imagine, that Sanya and Eila went to Suomus to swim ("I have surprise for you"-face Eila in lake... :D). Lynette sleeping on Perrine's shoulder and Perrines face, hehe. Or Lucchini and Charlotte eating spaghetti :> (Lucchini had some of funniest voices of the serie in this episode.)

But fukken yeah, I got, from the last episode, everything I wanted from the serie. Cute girls and some fighting. And something to dream of... :P

I noticed also that Lucchini was the youngest of all the witches being only 12 but at that age her behavior is weird. Most likely will be 13 during the year they get disbanded.

Sep 19, 2008 8:21 AM

Kinda expected the fusing with the Akagi, considering the first episode and the fusing of three fighters into one craft. Lynnette shooting out Warlock's propulsion systems was too easy.

Not gonna be expecting a second season to this series at all. Other series have ended with just as unresolved story lines, with Trigun and Outlaw Star being two examples I've read so much whining about on other forums. So Yoshika got a letter from her dad, it doesn't prove he's still alive (there is such a thing as "letters from the grave").

And to answer TuXeyM11's 3rd question: I think so, else the 501st wouldn't've been disbanded in the end. If the Neuroi were still a threat, the hint of even a small hive or a single core still floating around anywhere, I'd expect the 501st to get relocated instead.

Sep 19, 2008 8:32 AM
they left a big cliff hanger there at the end. there might be a second season if we're lucky.

Sep 19, 2008 8:57 AM

Zerosbakainu said:
they left a big cliff hanger there at the end. there might be a second season if we're lucky.

Lucky but also depending how much they can make cause the more profit...the more they can use that money that make a 2nd season......maybe I should get the DVDs or at least so products....plush toy Miyafuji?

Sep 19, 2008 9:03 AM

SpellBinder don't talk like that.;_;
Strike Witches will live on forever in my heart.

;_;

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Sep 19, 2008 9:31 AM

O thought this anime was really good. Not my top 5, but defo one of my top 10.

hope there will be a second season, but from that ending i dont think there will be one :(

final score 8/10

Sep 19, 2008 7:07 PM

yeah that ending is sort of open ended but they can end it there without too much trouble. hopefully there will be a second season since this looks like a 24'er. this one has a potential to be better than sky girls story wise.

Sep 19, 2008 7:07 PM

ukonkivi said:

;_;

Hey, if I'm wrong then it's in our favor.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Sep 19, 2008 7:58 PM

Maybe they'll make a second season depending on the feedback they get, I hope they do because I love all the characters ^_^

Sep 19, 2008 8:28 PM

SpellBinder said:
ukonkivi said:

;_;

Hey, if I'm wrong then it's in our favor.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

I think to obtain the favor is more like getting some of their merchandise....I want A BOX SET OF ALL THE WITCHES IN CHIBI FORM. Cool stuff for car but also when you live in small 1 and a half!

Sep 19, 2008 8:30 PM

Nandela said:
Maybe they'll make a second season depending on the feedback they get, I hope they do because I love all the characters ^_^

Like I said before....depends on the sales but also on any sponsor that would show up to sponsor a second season of this....TRUST ME American sponsors in Japan are high for this stuff but since some decision are being rendered in the cabinet who knows.

Sep 19, 2008 11:02 PM

Though this would be cool to put:
Modified by cyruz, Sep 21, 2008 1:43 PM

Sep 20, 2008 12:40 AM

This show is totally great for me!
It has become one of my top five and gave a perfect overall rating...
Really... I teared up in the final episode because of how it was great and how I will truly miss the characters. (,>_<,)
Oh, how happy I was that I met this series! \(^o^)/
I didn't have problems nor complaints since the first episode until the last.
And with that attitude towards it, I felt I truly enjoyed the series without having any flaws.
All the censorship, no pants issue or other issues pertaining to this series were things I ignored since enjoyment is what I am looking for.

I love all the characters very much and because of that I wanted it to have a second season along with new characters too.
I hope Sakamoto will be back too but just someone who acts like how Minna acts.
(Probably just stays in the base and guides the witches.) What a wishful thinking... ^_^
(If there's be a possible 2nd season)

Well the ending sure is open.
And an introduction of a new witch delivering Dr. Miyafuji's letter to Yoshika is perceived...
I wonder if he really was alive all along...(?)

Yoshika becoming a Strike Witch again to fight alongside the new set of Witches and also along with the old cast, to fight another Neuroi hive from another country is possible.
Well I got into much thinking but I couldn't express it all... LOL!
Strike Witches will also be in my heart forever. Ha Ha Ha!

But the 2nd season could take place on how Strike Witch will turn up to right?
HUHU! I really wanna but the original DVDs especially the limited edition ones and then all of its Music Albums... Geez... Reasons for being poor is hindering me so much.
Oh well...

Soiled said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! I would love to have a P.E. Teacher like her! LOL! XD
Then we'll laugh together with her unique laugh... (Never heard that kind of laugh before)
MIO RULEZ!!!
(for me though) ; P
Modified by BlueZ, Sep 20, 2008 1:05 AM

Sep 21, 2008 10:35 AM

haha XD at the end I saw a fusion TTGL-like, didn't like it much as well ^^... It was really bad for the first 6 episode, but then with less minor errors they finished the season, it's really not my kettle of fish, don't know whether i watch it or not if a second season is aired, 4/10 from me...

Sep 22, 2008 2:40 AM

If there isn't a second season, I wanna movie <3
Strike Witches is one of the best series this year, need more loli in panties. 9/10

Sep 22, 2008 1:55 PM

Samn I totally forgot to watch the last episode.
Whatever... now I've watched it.
Somehow this was a nice ending.

Sep 29, 2008 2:11 PM

enjoyed enjoyed
second season! plz

Oct 1, 2008 1:28 PM

2/10
+6

Pretty bad story
Moe
Yuri teasing

7/10
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!

Oct 13, 2008 4:50 PM

Goku said:
It was really bad for the first 6 episode...

What? Episode 6 was by far the best episode in the series.
Anyway gets an 8 from me, pretty good series but too much fanservice. Seriously why did there have to be so much =\. Even so, I want figures =D.

Oct 15, 2008 8:17 PM

Re fanservice: To cater to the hormonal otaku with no life? To tease them of what they can only dream about?

Oct 18, 2008 10:48 PM

i was soooo close from dropping this at the 6th episode. from the 7th episode to the end it just got really good o_o 5/10 =>8/10 :D

Oct 23, 2008 8:47 AM

Nice little ending, so much better than Sky Girls. Eika is hotter than Mio though :)

I hope there isn't a second season, this was a perfect end for this show.

Oct 23, 2008 11:20 AM

Hmm... ending was a bit anti-climatic. I was expecting her father to be alive... and alive he is. The fanservice in this show... it's like nearly promoting pedophilia with 14 year old girls. The show is slightly better than Sky Girls though. 7/10

Oct 23, 2008 12:38 PM

Nice episode, surely the best battle in the whole show. I really enjoyed the anime, so bad the uncensored dvds are only released now ^^

So in the end, Yoshika's father wasn't dead ? Hmm... Not sure it can lead to a 2nd season, but we still have no real informations about the Neuroi... so, maybe...

Oct 24, 2008 3:11 AM

TuXeyM11 said:

Don't give up hope.

I agree, as amazing as the last ep was I found it didn't answer anything at all and the way it ended was just way to fast. The only thing I can think of is the Warlock was the Hive's main core, and the core that was shown to Yoshika in the hive was a replacement by the nice Nero or something. Then when they destroyed the Warlocks Core it killed the hive.

I still wanted to know if my theory was remotely correct :(
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=42838&show=20#msg1808420

Oct 24, 2008 12:57 PM

Wasn't it Hirohashi Ryou's who voiced the girl at the end?
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません

Oct 25, 2008 8:52 AM

wtf ending is wtf. Expect second season.

I must read Suomus Misfits, I guess.

Nov 1, 2008 10:21 PM

well, I definitely for one, can't get enough loli in their panties.

The ending was better than I thought.

The fighting was really short... and the thought of them flying at super fast speed,, using their "Shield" as weapons seem to work WAY WELL than guns...
Modified by iLove3P, Nov 10, 2008 8:46 PM

Nov 8, 2008 1:21 PM

pretty good
lol at the ending...

Jan 26, 2009 7:27 AM

Well, everything I feel right now has already been said by everyone else. I had my doubts, as shameful as it is to admit, but this series really picked up from about episode 9 onwards.

The final battle was simply awesome, and seeing the Warlock fused with the Akagi was amazing 'eye-candy'. I'm no fanboy of the show, but I really liked the ending.

9/10 overall, for memorable characters, [increasingly] awesome plot and I have to put this in; Sanya is just so cute. :3

Awesome series.

Apr 19, 2009 8:57 AM

Would've been great if they didn't end it with a cliffhanger,gives so much idea of a second season would be coming.Could've been epic if they ended it without leaving any traces.soooooo 9/10 for me.

Aug 8, 2009 8:36 PM

Nice final...

this was an awesome series, I've got to say...

Besides all this pantsu ecchi crap, this has been a wonderful series full of lovely characters, a cool scenario, great fighting sequences and a sweet soundtrack...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »