Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 11, 2011 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
That was a good episode. Rin wants to become a Paladin but he has to learn a lot yet. Shura swept the floor up with Rin, and Rin looses his sword too easily. So Shura became a teacher at the exorcist school and she is only 18?
Jul 11, 2011 10:50 AM
Jun 2011
The new OP and ED is not much to my liking they're gonna have to grow on me, but the animations are a nicer new touch. Felt like they could have done something else though with the OP. They went with the same theme except the ending, it was bizzare but it was something new.

Rin just gets beat up more and more every episode, he can't seem to get a break he got the living pulp out of him beaten twice in a row. Well at least he can heal well haha! Shura is a bit thick-headed and stuck on her ideals i think she can turn out to be a redeeming character and a fan favorite.

And Shiro never ceases to amaze me he just gets more and more amazing.
Jul 11, 2011 11:06 AM

Jan 2011
I really liked this episode! Shura vs Rin was really awesome!
Also, the new opening and ending are really good!
Jul 11, 2011 11:35 AM
Aug 2010
so the ep was really good but mostly I am happy about the new opening and ending I still hate the dumb blonde moon face chick...I can't think of her name... the one that smell's of milk >.<
Jul 11, 2011 11:47 AM

Dec 2009
With the OP/ED discussion, yes - I like them a lot acutely! I think they, at least the new opening, fits the Anime a bit better really. And, the ending is just a little better than the first one. They're both really good, but I like some of 2PM's songs a lot more then "Take Off". Like - "Heartbeat" (Korean ver.) for example. But, that dosen't mean "Take Off" isn't bad, it's probably a GOOD song in fact. However, I think "Wired Life"s animation was better in the sense that the whole cast got into it and the animation was...different and eye-catching.

Now, the episode. Nothing much happened, really. But, what happened is going to affect the future of the storyline. With Rin's newest drive to become a Paladin as well as still defeating Satan, it will cause things to be set into motion. Which, I can't wait! And, next week's episode is going to be a major turning point I bet you. And, I remember the chapter in the Manga being very emotional (or is it the next one???). So, looking forward to next week's episode! Woohoo~

p.s: Paladin's are masters of every exorcist field, so, technically, they are all of them: Dragoon, Aria, Tamer, Knight, and Pharmacologist (a.k.a doctor/medicine). So, Shiro is able to recite holy verses and then pull out a shotgun all he wants. He's trained in every field. Just needed to clear that up.
Jul 11, 2011 3:59 PM

Feb 2010
I never listen to the ending songs but I like the new one. If you watch it to the end it's funny how you see Mephisto pointing at the statue. Can't wait for the next two episodes. I read a few chapters past this part in the manga and I'm SO excited :D
Jul 11, 2011 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
Shuro picked a great place to have a tattoo :)
Jul 11, 2011 6:02 PM
Jul 11, 2011 7:24 PM

Jan 2010
I liked the old OP and ED. Oh well.

Finally! Looks like Rin is leveling up a bit, lol.
Jul 11, 2011 10:17 PM
Dec 2009
DaiTomodachi said:

Finally! Looks like Rin is leveling up a bit, lol.

yea, you're right

and i don't really like the new op too...
Jul 11, 2011 10:35 PM

Oct 2009
Ok.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2011 1:43 AM

Dec 2010
Shura definately does not look 18! Her attitude doesnt.. hmm i dont know
I actually think that the OP and ED is good, but isnt like stuck in my head. like when i frist heard the first OP and begging part was like stuck in my head the whole day and the whole song was jst catchy. The first ED song was alright but the grapics and stuff was gay.. the New ED is way better.
Jul 12, 2011 2:19 AM

Dec 2010
Scratch that. after listening to it again. I like all of them !!!!!!! I like both EDs and OPS!
Jul 12, 2011 2:38 AM

Apr 2011
The OP is great, I love it as much as the first OP. I thought this episode was awesome, the ending was funny when Rin was failing at reading. Next episode looks great too.

The new ED is slightly better than the previous imo.
Jul 12, 2011 2:53 AM
Jan 2011

I wonder if there is a possibility we'll see her in a bikini? Co'z she minus well be in one.
Jul 12, 2011 3:30 AM

May 2010
I didn't know that Shura actually was possessed by that demon sword before, good thing that show it now

I like the ED more than the OP
Jul 12, 2011 4:58 AM

Jul 2010
Just put a sword through his shoulder and then laugh it off why don't ya? =P
Pretty nice episode. I hope his secret gets revealed to everyone soon.

New OP and ED are ok. Kinda liked the first ones better I think.

Jul 12, 2011 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
Boobie wonder nurses.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 12, 2011 10:55 AM

Jul 2009
Shirou just keeps getting cooler and cooler! He will always be my favorite character in this show. :)
Jul 12, 2011 11:14 AM

Jul 2009
I'll be honest - the whole cutezie 'fun with the moniors in hogwarts' was begining to bore me, as I was hoping for an insight into the way Shiro raised Yukio and Rin early, yet this ep' has really raised the series standard...
Not only was Shiro a great dad, but mentor and I love his quirky methods of difusing conflict.
Also, a lot of ground was covered; a mentor for Rin has arrived.
Best ep' to date.

Jul 13, 2011 9:56 AM

May 2008
I love the new opening and ending, especially the ending~
Jul 13, 2011 10:51 AM

Nov 2007
new OP is great.

how did the new chick hide those big boobs before?
Jul 13, 2011 11:33 AM

Oct 2009
didn't like this ep at all. Rin got beat up yet AGAIN and for no reason, he had to declare the thing he had already decided and told few people -.-
and all that drama about Shura not understanding Shirou. but i think its a great, although cliched idea about taking Rin's sword and giving it back when he can beat her.
Loved the flashback part, damn the kid was strong even then XD
and i love the new op/ed. especially ed, the music is amazing. i will be downing the ost when this series ends.

Jul 13, 2011 11:45 AM

Jul 2011
I didn't really care for the new OP, or ED for that matter. Neither song was bad and the animation of the new OP was pretty good but still like the old ones more. Hard to put into words but the new OP is too serious, I think. It's probably appropriate in it marking a turning point but still. The old ED did a better job of closing things down. Actually watched both most weeks, don't see that happening with the new ones.

Felt bad for Rin. Getting the crap beat out of him by a high level demon then a high level exorcist in the same day. Pretty rough. Guess you have to expect a pretty steep climb when you're the son of Satan, though. Didn't really care for Shura. Who fights in floss? Boing, boing, boing... ridiculous. Seeing more of Shirou was great. Overall thought the episode was good. 4/5
Jul 13, 2011 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
Really like the new ED and the new OP is okay.

So redhaired chick is interesting, although her boobs look weird (not drawn properly, but what's new?). She definitely looks older than 18, too. Of course she would be an ally and then end up teaching as well. I didn't expect her to hang onto the sword, though, since Rin's dad told him to never give it to anyone else and I figured that included her. She could have forbidden him to use it but I guess I understand it was too dangerous for him to keep it because people would always take advantage of that (plus Rin sucks at protecting it).

Haha, Shiro is pretty cool. Wish he hadn't died so early because now we only get flashbacks of him. :[

Let's hope we continue to get plot-related episodes and not more random beach crap.
Jul 14, 2011 8:06 AM

Aug 2007
This was a pretty badly written episode. The fight between Shura and Rin took way longer than it needed to, yet the content they were discussing during said fight -- about Shiro/Shura's relationship and Rin's powers -- seemed glossed over and rushed. Very generic shounen plot when the main character gets too strong for his own good, except it wasn't executed very well.

Shura is just going to be annoying to deal with. Maybe if her entire past weren't condensed into 3 minutes of screentime, she'd be more appealing to me. Plus, her clothes just bug me. From a logical standpoint, that top cannot be supporting her! Her boobs must hurt like hell.

Still feel like the only character with some depth in this show is Shiro. But at least there aren't mindless fights every 3 seconds, so kudos to that.
Jul 14, 2011 8:36 AM

Jun 2009
yamakasi said:
Really like the new ED and the new OP is okay.

So redhaired chick is interesting, although her boobs look weird (not drawn properly, but what's new?). She definitely looks older than 18, too. Of course she would be an ally and then end up teaching as well. I didn't expect her to hang onto the sword, though, since Rin's dad told him to never give it to anyone else and I figured that included her. She could have forbidden him to use it but I guess I understand it was too dangerous for him to keep it because people would always take advantage of that (plus Rin sucks at protecting it).

Haha, Shiro is pretty cool. Wish he hadn't died so early because now we only get flashbacks of him. :[

Let's hope we continue to get plot-related episodes and not more random beach crap.

As I said Shiro is one of my favourite characters in this series, you can't help but feel that way lol. As for Shura, I like her, she added more spice to the series and come on, she wasn't set on teaching him but on contrary, she decided to kill him if he had anything to do with Shiro's death 'cause she is a fickle person and her mood is quite hard to figure, it has a lot to do with her past. She looked to Shiro as a Father figure in her life so to lose him after all the trouble that he went through to grow her up.
And one other thing, that's quite a change to have a female teacher for the main character. I mean I can't recall how long has it been since I've seen a female training our main shounen character. The only other anime that I recall was Tenjho Tenge.

Jul 14, 2011 11:02 AM
Oct 2010
New OP and ED are just as good as the older ones = w =)b

Shura is HOT dammit! *Q*
Jul 14, 2011 12:06 PM

Nov 2008
"And one other thing, that's quite a change to have a female teacher for the main character. I mean I can't recall how long has it been since I've seen a female training our main shounen character. The only other anime that I recall was Tenjho Tenge."

FMA
Jul 14, 2011 1:12 PM

Dec 2009
I like the new OP/ED more than the previous ones... Other than that, I have to say this episode was a little slow for me. Flashbacks were nice though.
Jul 15, 2011 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
love all the OP's and ED's in this anime so far :)

Shura reminds me of Yoko from TTGL for some reason...

Not really sure howww...this anime is gonna finish in 25 eps. He's back to the wooden sword at Episode 13?? Gotta train and get more badass. To get his sword back. AND kick satans ass?
Jul 16, 2011 3:30 AM

Oct 2010
Love the new OP and ED. <3

Shiro moments always get to me. ;__;
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 16, 2011 7:30 AM

Mar 2009
I really like the new OP and ED *___*

I am very excited about the next episode!
Jul 17, 2011 6:16 AM

Feb 2011
If this Shura person wouldn't keep forgetting to put some shirt on, I could be even able to like her...

Is it just me or does dynamics between Rin and Shura start to resemble those of Ichigo and Yoruichi from Bleach? Just a feeling... The whole show is getting more and more like a typical not-overly-ambitious shonen series. It's a pity since I thought it would be more like D.Gray-Man. But oh well, an anime series doesn't have to be deep to enjoy it *shrugs*
Jul 17, 2011 4:24 PM

Apr 2011
I liked the new OP then again I been a fan of ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D since they did the OP for Durarara!! And the ED theme was good but not as good as Take Off.

The whole ep was good it showed some more back story of Rin so it was good IMO.
Jul 18, 2011 4:13 PM
Dec 2007
The first 16 minutes were lame as Hell, and just when I thought the series had turned into a shitty battle/shonen anime, the last 5 minutes really set up the mood for some big improvements in the following episodes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 18, 2011 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
New OP is ... all right. Same with ED. Too much Engrish IMO ;S
Shiro is clearly awesome. Shura is all right. We finally get the whole training thing going on ... all right. This episode wasn't that great IMO ;P
More back story on Rin. Shura's teaching now ... uh, OK lol o_O Mephisto is clearly not trusted by anyone. Although he and his brother are awesome lol XD
Jul 18, 2011 8:11 PM
Mar 2009
Dayum, that must have hurt like hell.

Hmm...I don't quite like the new OP and ED. Huge change from UVERworld...ED is not too bad.
Jul 20, 2011 2:03 AM

Jan 2010
Boob-animation flows well.
Jul 20, 2011 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the new OP and ED. Though the ones they had before were fine too.

Episode was pretty damn good and I don't hate that big boobed woman as much anymore.
Jul 25, 2011 12:32 AM

Nov 2010
Shirou is amazing and i do hope we get to see more of him. I miss the first opening but really like the 2nd ending. I like how straightforward Rin's character is him saying something like 'i'm not one to be able to solve things by thinking so i should just throw myself forward'(not exact quote). Also does anyone else think that Kuro (the cat) is adorable. I wish i had him as my familiar, that is if i had one.
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Jul 29, 2011 10:36 AM

Dec 2007
Already missing the first OP and ED...
Aug 3, 2011 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
One of my fave characters is Shiro lol. He's such an awesome dad to have.
Aug 6, 2011 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
Missed the old op and ed. T_T
Sep 13, 2011 11:26 PM

Apr 2011
I was excited, when the show finally added another female character to the group, hoping she would add something different to the show, but when she started speaking, it turned irritating after few minutes of screen time, especially her body design... Yes I like boobs like any other "sane person", but its annoying with the bouncing, but what especially annoying was her dialogue and tone. The only saving grace was her mysterious back story as a child (which was short) and a necessary driving force for Rin character development.

I'm liking all the diverse points for Rin development, not just his physical abilities, but his personality, which is positivity influence by his father and Shiemi so far.
Sep 18, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2010
I liked the episode, but I thought it was played out for the most part. I like the new OP song, and love the new ED song! ''Wired Life'' <3 Looking forward to the next!
Oct 23, 2011 7:56 PM

Sep 2008
Was it just me or was Shura's boobs always changing its size?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2011 2:00 AM

Jun 2011
Like the new OP and ED but the old versions were better.

Shiro w/out doubt the best character in this series, unfortunately he died early. Why does great main characters always died early?

Next will be a summer vacation episode~
Jan 16, 2012 6:01 PM

Dec 2007
I like the new opening, and that the action finally increased in this episode.
Feb 13, 2012 5:22 AM
Jul 2018

EHHHHHH? New OP and ED? BOO.
I like the older ones.

AWW. Shiro. What a cool dad.
Amaimon. <3
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.