Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2008 8:44 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So now we see why Raikou killed his clan. D: I wasn't really that surprised but it was still nice to see.
Also the second fight between Raikou and Raimei was a bit touching.
Overall I liked the episode.
Jun 17, 2008 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode, but the censor if it was a censor was pretty annoying.(talking about the massive black spot on half the screen.)
Jun 18, 2008 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
Well, the episode was pretty good :)
And I could have sworn that was Lenalee in the very beginning. anyone else? There's gotta be at least one more.
Oh, and the small act Miharu put on in the beginning was hilarious
xLtayJun 18, 2008 3:04 AM
Jun 18, 2008 6:02 AM

Apr 2007
The censorship. It kills me. It makes me want to murder something.

I feel bad for Gao ;_; Damn the Shimizu clan. Damn that stupid uncle. You know, I actually don't think Raikou's mother was wrong. I don't think the world of Nabari should dwell with the matters of the surface world. Though it is painful, and yeah, Gau would have died. Meh, the Shimizu clan was just bad, they won't be missed.

Hooray for Yoite next episode!

Also, I'm a little worried. 26 episodes, we're not even half-way through those episodes, and story's progressing really fast. I think we're having an original ending for this anime. I hope it's satisfatory.
Jun 18, 2008 6:09 AM

Mar 2008
Sephor said:
Pretty good episode, but the censor if it was a censor was pretty annoying.(talking about the massive black spot on half the screen.)

I guess we'll find out if it really was censorship when the DVD's start to roll out next month.
Jun 18, 2008 7:32 AM

Dec 2007
<------ hates censorship

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jun 18, 2008 8:00 AM

Mar 2008
Ltay said:
And I could have sworn that was Lenalee in the very beginning. anyone else? There's gotta be at least one more.

lol YES me! i totally thought "wow that looks like lenalee!"
nice to know i wasn't the only one =]

so im liking raikou more now =] though poor gao =[
i liked the episode..but no yoite =[ .. funny miharu tricking gao XP
oh yeah i wonder if thobari/miharu will tell raimei etc about yoite showing up and miharu/yoite's deal?
im definitely reading the manga the second i finish watching the last episode =]
AngelLily said:
Hooray for Yoite next episode!

XD yay can't wait for next episode !
Jun 18, 2008 10:48 AM

Jun 2007
What a nice episode. At first i didnt like gao but now i do i just hope he doesnt die D:
Im glad this is getting better n_n looking forward to the next one...woo
Jun 18, 2008 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
hmmm the whole conflict between those two resembles some other ninjas that we know....hehe

i skipped through the flash backs and all that junk. none of it seemed that interesting to me...
Jun 18, 2008 2:05 PM

Nov 2006
Ahhhh that was so touching. But as much as I love the Shimizu side of things...they can't beat Yoite and Miharu. Really looking forward to the next ep.
Jun 18, 2008 3:31 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, really nice episode... looking forward to more

Jun 18, 2008 3:31 PM

May 2007
Another good episode. Though I didn't like the sudden scene change from explaining the past to the battle.

Teared up at Raimei's confession of love to her brother. Good stuff.
Jun 18, 2008 3:53 PM

Nov 2004
Gau's attempt were actually pretty touching. I thought he had really died. Since characters like Gau don't die from slashes yet Raimei's parents did. I liked the episode but I didn't think it was surprising though that Raikou isn't just some mass murderer. It obviously had to be the case that it was all a huge misunderstanding on Raimei's part. And here I was thinking that all of this would be revealed on Raikou's deathbed, rather then Gau's (who did not and probably will not die since this issue has no cleared). Now Raimei and Raikou are like Miharu and Yoite, their on opposite sides but they arn't going to actually go around killing each other. So, where's Aizawa's friend on Kairoushuu's side? LOL.

I want more Yoite in the story. Hooray, next episode has him in it. It wasn't that bad but I was never too interested in Raimei's backstory. Since I thought it was rather simplistic (the whole' avenger thing).
Jun 18, 2008 4:45 PM

Oct 2007
kisami said:
hmmm the whole conflict between those two resembles some other ninjas that we know....hehe

I thought the same thing...

Anyway it was pretty good actually. I had a feeling Raikou had a reason for what he did, he just didn't seem like the type that would murder his whole clan for no reason. Gau was pretty cool this episode too, I gotta admit.

Jun 18, 2008 6:46 PM
Jun 2008
Gau was pretty much the mediator. Without him, Raimei would've continued to misunderstand Raikou and the whole situation would've eventually turned uglier. I liked this episode and there was a lot of emotion during Raimei and Raikou's second encounter. And yeah, glad that there was a full story revealed for Raikou to prove that he wasn't cold and heartless.
Jun 18, 2008 8:38 PM

Aug 2007
great emotion throughout the whole episode. loved it.
Jun 18, 2008 11:59 PM

May 2008
I liked this episode. The Shimizu back story was interesting, and the drama actually carried a bit of weight this time.

Though, I do want to know where the hell Gau was standing around to be able to jump in front of Raikou's sword without being noticed beforehand.
Jun 19, 2008 2:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monkey_D_Luffy said:
kisami said:

I thought the same thing...

Anyway it was pretty good actually. I had a feeling Raikou had a reason for what he did, he just didn't seem like the type that would murder his whole clan for no reason. Gau was pretty cool this episode too, I gotta admit.

But I find this is well done compared to that "other" story where the author simply was running out of ideas and using random plot twists....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 19, 2008 10:31 PM

May 2008
kisami said:

haha so true. Was thinking that as soon as Raikou showed up :).. I thought I downloaded D.Gray-man at first with the Lenalee look-a-like. Anyways great episode
Jun 20, 2008 5:53 AM

Mar 2008
Good to see what finally happened to the clan.
Jun 20, 2008 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
meh it was predictable.

Jun 20, 2008 8:44 PM

Oct 2007
i expected more from this series... it seems like it's missing something
Jun 21, 2008 5:45 AM

Feb 2008
I liked it. I'm glad Raimei and Raikou cleared up things thanks to Gau, otherwise that would be way to much angst. And LOL @ Miharu acting again. He's so good at it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2008 8:29 AM

Nov 2007
now I know the true story of raikou, finally.

Lots of character development and emotionally touching too.. Loved the ep
Jun 25, 2008 1:49 PM

Feb 2008
Ltay said:
Well, the episode was pretty good :)

I thought that too. =3
I was pretty surprised.

Oh no.

Jun 25, 2008 2:11 PM

Sep 2007
pretty intense episode. good fight between raimei and raikou.
Jun 25, 2008 5:12 PM

Sep 2007
Uchiha Raikou and Uchiha Raimei!?
Jun 26, 2008 3:29 PM

Jun 2007
Nice to see what happend to the Clan. Its sad and all that but... I don't see the reason why he didn't explain it to his sister. Unecesary burden... I don't think it was that well thought out.

Jun 29, 2008 6:08 PM
Jun 2008
i died when miharu did his "escape from ppl technique" but then the ep took a serious turn. was not expecting the truth from raikou at all, there was alot of depth in this episode. but it was relli good ^^b
Jun 30, 2008 10:08 AM

Apr 2008
I liked Raikou's story, yes, but it was predictable. Is it me or it feels like they rushed it? He became quite friendly and sensitive too quickly =P I think his character end up losing the mystery aura that made him so interesting. Now he's a vulgar one *sigh* So hurray, I'm back to Yoite's team

Miharu's act was damn funny
Jul 2, 2008 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
Whole thing of killing of whole family then finding out that its actually the clan that is at fault... I think I saw that somewhere else. But luckily for Raimei her brother is still alive.

and the girl in the beginning sure looks like Lenalee.

Aug 7, 2008 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
It is the best episode of Nabari I've already watched!!And I think so that it was the first or second time when I wasn't bored when I watching this anime.
I really like Raikou!
Aug 11, 2008 9:46 PM

Jun 2008
kisami said:

No truer words have been typed.

Glad to see the truth about the clan come to light.
Aug 12, 2008 4:16 AM

Jan 2008
This type of misunderstanding is over used >_>
Oct 26, 2008 8:47 PM
Nov 2007
after finding out raikou's reason for murdering his clan, i'm beginning to wonder if itachi from naruto had a logical reason too.
Mar 21, 2009 2:04 PM

Jan 2008
Well that wasn't something I was expecting yes in a way I did think it was Lenalee it was a great episode thank god it didnt take until the end to reveal it I would go nuts if they did.

Now I have another person to add to favs Raikou
Nov 22, 2009 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
I didn't recognize Raikou at the very beginning of the episode. Hmm... so he didn't have pink hair in the beginning after all. Nice episode overal, and I really love the way Miharu does his acting ^^
Jun 16, 2010 8:04 AM

May 2008
Great episode, I loved it. They pulled out really well the whole incident five years ago, it was really touching and finally Raimei doesn't hate her brother.
That girl really looked like Lenalee~
Sep 26, 2011 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
Wait, what? Why did the uncle kill the father? Sure, the latter taunted the former ("You're just jealous") but then he complimented him ("You're outstanding"). I don't get it. And then the head of the clan, well-known for being a master with the sword, doesn't pick one up to defend her husband or child but instead jumps in front of the attack? Right. Annnnnd why would Raimei even believe some random dude from the team of villains? #logicfail

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN WHY RAIKOU HAS PINK HAIR. It's bugging me D:

Also yeah, this is pretty much Naruto 2.0.

I will continue watching the show for the art, Thobari and the gayness of it all but it's certainly grating on my nerves.
yamakasiSep 26, 2011 7:08 AM
Apr 10, 2013 2:18 PM

Jan 2013
Yup reminds me too of the Uchiha clan. Nice though, it's a different back story anyways. Only similarity is the death of a clan by one person, who leaves his brother/sister alive. And it stops here, the revenge is somewhere similar but not really, considering everything.

Nice episode :).
May 9, 2013 5:25 AM

Mar 2013
Finally, we learn more about the Shimizu clan end... Raikou is not bad as it sounded ! Gau is touching and attaching, with his courage.

"An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth, and Evil for Evil."

Jul 28, 2013 1:54 AM
Feb 2012
lol no not ITACHI.... This anime is made just like NARUTO...
Though Raikou cannot be compared to ITACHI... :)
Sep 28, 2014 6:09 AM
Apr 2013
yamakasi said:
Wait, what? Why did the uncle kill the father?

The uncle was going to threaten to kill the father to get the mother to step down from chief status

Then he got carried away in a sudden rush of anger (at having his real, cowardly motivations revealed) and killed him immediately.

Also, the whole point of the episode is that Raikou only actually killed the uncle (who deserved it) and maybe finished off some of the others, most were killed by fighting each other or in the fire. So he didn't single-handedly destroy the family as Raimei thought. The family was already doomed.

Pretty tragic and powerful story, I liked it. There were some weird parts like the sudden change of scene to the battle or the sudden appearance of Gau, but I can overlook those details.
Nov 12, 2014 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
I kept reading Naruto comparison comments in previous threads and thought there's no basis for comparison at all other than both series has ninjas. And then this happened haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 19, 2016 2:17 AM

Jun 2010
Great episode and lots of emotions going on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2021 1:44 AM

Aug 2020
Great backstory.

I'm hating seeing the comparison between this show and Naruto. The Naruto comparisons also contain spoilers :/
MaxiDennisAug 1, 2021 1:50 AM

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.