Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 16, 2011 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
interesting!! :) <3
O_O
Apr 16, 2011 5:42 PM

Sep 2009
This looks very promising. Something about the art just seems weird though. I dunno, like proportionally and the eye shading doesn't seem fitting for some of the characters.

The opening was epic, can't wait to see what happens next. c:
Apr 16, 2011 5:57 PM
Jan 2009
Enjoyed this :D
I like the idea of preying on people to bring out their greed for money.
So, when they go into that Financial District...do they have to fight? And if they win, they'll what, get more money?

I'm just pulling at random stuff because of that older man in the beginning of the episode.
Apr 16, 2011 7:57 PM

Oct 2008
The soundtrack reminds me of Soul Eater.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 16, 2011 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
Wow I thought that I was a Yu-Gi-Oh! parody during the first few minutes but the second half really got me interested. It’s refreshing to see the main protagonist with these traits since there are no other characters like him in current animes. (At least in the ones I’m watching.)
Apr 16, 2011 8:02 PM
Apr 2009
This has a similar art style to Code:Geass and has a great concept with a great potential. I hope good use is made of said potential. At the start i thought that unkempt old man was the protagonist lol.
deadmetleApr 16, 2011 8:30 PM
Apr 16, 2011 10:57 PM

May 2010
I had to laugh at the "666" pin number, since it used to be in my dad's pin.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Apr 16, 2011 11:09 PM

Sep 2010
Weird, yet interesting. I'm liking it so far.
I like the art style, it looks familiar. I hate the CGI though.
The "666" pin made me lol. I mean seriously, 666? I wouldn't want that as my pin.
Damn, it really reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Higashi no Eden... Not that it's a bad thing
Apr 17, 2011 2:08 AM

Sep 2010
Unique Story...... Waiting for epi.2
Apr 17, 2011 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
That was terrible, they try wayyyy too hard. They need to stop making original anime.
Apr 17, 2011 4:01 AM

Jul 2009
Another brain-wrecking anime, this is gonna be interesting.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 17, 2011 7:38 AM

Jun 2008
This was interesting.
Apr 17, 2011 7:57 AM

Aug 2007
It's alright, better then what I expected since I wasn't at least bored.

Apr 17, 2011 8:41 AM

Oct 2010
This had my complete attention, a bomb could have gone off behind me and I wouldn't have noticed. This hasn't happened since I first watched Deathnote.
Apr 17, 2011 9:14 AM

Oct 2010
nice episode, i liked the character designs. =')

4/5
Apr 17, 2011 10:08 AM

Nov 2009
the first episode was very good , this show is interesting
Apr 17, 2011 10:48 AM

Jun 2010
Why is the Mad Hatter in here? A pretty good first ep i'd say.
Apr 17, 2011 12:30 PM
Dec 2008
missdeep said:
Masakaki was fabulous. That's honestly all my brain absorbed.

I agree.

I kind of don't like the battle thing they have going on, but the whole exchange with Kimimaro and Masakaki kept me interested. Looking forward to ep 2.
Apr 17, 2011 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
Went in with low expectations, got what I expected. It's very... ugly. The production values are terribly poor, there's a lot of QUALITY to be seen. In contrast, the OP and ED are very well done. The plot is lackluster so far, but to be fair it is only the first episode.

I'll keep watching to see where it heads, but I expect to drop it mid season. We'll see.
Apr 17, 2011 2:50 PM
Oct 2007
A great start. Interesting concept and hope the show keeps this expectation every week. I'm definitely looking forward to episode 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2011 2:52 PM
Jul 2010
I hate the character designs. There. I said it. Everything else was amazing though. I really liked the animation and the concept is just too good. I didn't know what to expect of this but now I have high hopes for it. I'm eager to see how the plot develops.
Apr 17, 2011 6:06 PM

Mar 2009
MannyCalavera said:
That was terrible, they try wayyyy too hard.

My feeling too. Really hard to watch. Bursting with ideas that have no cohesiveness or sense to them, nor are they ever explored. Animation is sub-par. Story was haphazard.

Disappointed, but hopefully it gets better.
Apr 17, 2011 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
Very promising start, I like everything about it: the animation, the setting and especially the characters. Masakaki is a great trickster and a lot of fun to watch. Sakurai voicing him is an excellent choice xD.
Nice touch they're dealing with the 'Midas bank', as Midas soon learned the downside of 'everything you touch will turn to gold'.

GoodEnoughForMe said:
Bursting with ideas that have no cohesiveness or sense to them, nor are they ever explored.

It's the 1st ep, how do you know things aren't gonna be explored?
And I disagree about the lack of cohesiveness. This ep made it perfectly clear that money is the main theme of the show, how it afects, controls and can corrupts people. Every segment was related to that.
Apr 17, 2011 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
Animation was really uninspired on certain parts. Other than that, terrific start. Expecting a poignant story with delicious social commentary.

Like many people have stated, it has a strong Eden of the East vibe. And I'd like to add a Shin Megami Tensei feeling, since the Financial District looks kind of "demonic".

MannyCalavera said:
They need to stop making original anime.

Lol'd hard.
Apr 17, 2011 10:32 PM

Aug 2010
This anime shows promise. I'm getting a very intresting vibe from this anime i predict for some people this anime will seem slow, boring, and confusing. But if you give it a decent chane i think this could be a very good psychological and smart anime with a creative outlook on greed and money. THis anime will probably end up being a mind bomb thats my guess
Apr 18, 2011 5:41 AM

Nov 2010
Masakaki is like Him's(Powerpuff girls) and the mad hatters love-child o_o
seriously. just think about it.
Apr 18, 2011 6:36 AM
Apr 18, 2011 8:02 AM

Mar 2009
cleo said:
And I disagree about the lack of cohesiveness. This ep made it perfectly clear that money is the main theme of the show, how it afects, controls and can corrupts people. Every segment was related to that.

Money, fine, but the show seemed to introduce characters and ideas with a sense of importace even though we don't know why (and can't this early). Everything felt rushed, 'trying to hard', etc., with the battle theme and some of the elf-like characters, almost as if the creators weren't sure what to focus on. It is the first episode, and I am going to stick with it, because there is still a lot of time left to explore and develop, but it felt like a trainwreck to me.
Apr 18, 2011 1:40 PM

Aug 2008
Alice in Wonderland - luxury sci-fi edition.

Pretty cool, actually.
Don't know what to say about the series, since every little thing in the show was either a big plus or a big minus for me. (As for me, the list goes something like this: Animation style - turn off, character design/interaction overall - turn on, not-engrish - turn on, card fights - looking cool but going to be a turn off if it's the main point and drags too much, psychedelic art/way to handle scenes - superb, turn on, etc.) Which on the other hand means that I must continue watching, I guess. Mission accomplished?(!) Intriguing.
Apr 18, 2011 8:08 PM
Mar 2011
A lot to digest. And the fast pacing isn't making it easier on me. Might rewatch it.
Apr 20, 2011 9:02 AM

May 2010
GoodEnoughForMe said:
cleo said:

Money, fine, but the show seemed to introduce characters and ideas with a sense of importace even though we don't know why (and can't this early). Everything felt rushed, 'trying to hard', etc., with the battle theme and some of the elf-like characters, almost as if the creators weren't sure what to focus on. It is the first episode, and I am going to stick with it, because there is still a lot of time left to explore and develop, but it felt like a trainwreck to me.

Have you watched Baccano and Durarara? If I haven't watched those two, we might have the same opinion. They have the same series compositor so I suggest you may watch them so you'll know what I mean. Just saying. =)
Apr 20, 2011 9:07 AM

May 2009
I'm pleasantly surprised - that was pretty brilliant!

Masakaki is wonderfully creepy! <3
Apr 20, 2011 1:47 PM

Apr 2009
Amazing, exceded all my expectations.
You can really tell it's the same director as Trapeze (Kuuchu Buranko), there were certain parts in the animation that looked so similar... Albeit, this is not quite as crazy. ^^;
Apr 20, 2011 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
This should be interesting. I'm a bit disappointed that they went with the standard reluctant-protagonist-"I just want to be normal"-beginning, but as long as the the rest is good, I don't really care too much about that sort of thing. The somewhat cliche deadbeat father backstory isn't that promising either, but, again, it's not really that important. But, I think that if the money doesn't turn out to be even slightly more than glorified Yu-Gi-Oh lifepoints, then there's a good chance that I will be dropping this. Not that lifepoints automatically makes an anime shit, it's just that the originality of the financial theme is this anime's draw.

So far, the plot has been moving along at a brisk pace and, if nothing else, it looks like there will be a lot of well-animated fights. Hopefully that doesn't mean that they'll be turning the story into a complete clusterfuck of shounen bullshit like they did with Durarara, but I think that this episode was just meant to grab our attention. Again, whether or not the money is just Yu-Gi-Oh lifepoints will be my early litmus test for determining if they're going anywhere with this anime.
Apr 21, 2011 12:07 AM
Mar 2010
I like the plot, and I don't really mind the battle system. The only thing that bothers me is the character designs, kind of ugly tbh.
Apr 21, 2011 1:51 AM

Jul 2010
herox3 said:
I like the plot, and I don't really mind the battle system. The only thing that bothers me is the character designs, kind of ugly tbh.

kinda agree with this. Masakaki is the only that stands out, and the Assets of course as well as the driver.

oh, and episode 2
http://www.noitamina-control.jp/05story/story2.html
so they're going to seek their first battle i presume
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 21, 2011 3:04 AM

Feb 2010
mrwind-upbird said:
missdeep said:
Masakaki was fabulous. That's honestly all my brain absorbed.

I agree.

I kind of don't like the battle thing they have going on, but the whole exchange with Kimimaro and Masakaki kept me interested. Looking forward to ep 2.

same here , masakaki was awesome , and i like the characters.

i hope the series dont focus around battles , and actually focus around some kind of plot and character development.
Apr 21, 2011 5:06 PM

Apr 2009
This was fkn awesome. >w<!
Apr 21, 2011 5:41 PM

Feb 2011
ohoh an other contract story, not that i don't like it, it hasn't already be overused in animes, yet
and having more animes on this theme is interesting

this spring is the contract/devil theme anime time >.< (c, ao no exorcist, madoka)

funny that masakaki is a banker xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 21, 2011 9:20 PM

May 2010
Looks pretty good for the first episode. I was overall pleased with it. Wondering what will happen next for the protagonist of the show.

Apr 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Dec 2008
I had a weird dream after watching this episode, like I could see whats in the next one xD
dank meme
Apr 22, 2011 12:41 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, awesome episode. Basically you battle other people with the cards in order to take their money? Intense stuff ... not to mention that guy who lost committed suicide after >_<
As for the student guy + girl (whose names I don't remember) I like them so far. Nice that he wanted to stay "honourable" but I suppose the money was too tempting. Masakaki is crazy and awesome lol *_* You trade your soul for money? Yea ... sounds about right D;
OP and ED were both good, but I liked the ED better. The animations in both were really cool though :3
Apr 22, 2011 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
I like it, this seems very promising.
Apr 22, 2011 6:37 PM

Mar 2009
StormViruz said:
Have you watched Baccano and Durarara? If I haven't watched those two, we might have the same opinion. They have the same series compositor so I suggest you may watch them so you'll know what I mean. Just saying. =)

Nope, haven't seen those yet. It's hard not to know about them, I guess I should get around to them someday. :)
Apr 22, 2011 7:48 PM
Apr 2010
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the REAL World Stock Exchange Market
Venue: New York City

lol... this looks like a cross between Rio: Gateway and Yu Gi Yo. But its better than them combined :D
Apr 23, 2011 5:58 PM

Sep 2008
Totally not interesting first ep. The animation is so fking annoying. And its confusing maybe we'll find out more but until then its not looking so great. And the character design for that one guy in the cape is REALLY bad. His eyes are too shiny for him to look like the bad guy, which he probably is assuming from the op. He looks more like a wimpy mahou shojo villian. I'll wait for the next ep but if it doesn't save itself, i'm dropping it.
Apr 24, 2011 12:31 AM

Aug 2008
I was annoyed in the beginning by the show's attempts to show off, but I settled in pretty quickly. I usually avoid card battle anime like the plague, but (and it feels weird to say this) I'm anxious to give this a shot and watch the next episode.

Apr 24, 2011 11:33 AM

Mar 2010
That was really weird! The pretense movie vibes I get from this are really strong! As if I'm watching 3 different stories at once; ''Alice in Wonderland'', ''Eden of the East'', and some other movie that involves some kind of giant fraud. So far I have to say that I really enjoy it. Love the OP theme. Looking forward to the next!
Apr 24, 2011 12:34 PM
Feb 2009
good start.. blk stuff
Apr 25, 2011 1:12 PM
Aug 2009
I think it will be one of my best anime series. First episode was looking interesting.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.