Forum Settings
Forums

Original Writer of Fractale Envies the Quality of Hourou Musuko

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 18, 2011 9:47 AM
May 2009
I never thought there'd be an anime with an even worse adaption of the original art than Sora no Woto.

What they've done to the original designs of Fractale... seriously that's something you should never do. Never ever. It's like saying "no I don't like the designs, I'LL MAKE THEM MYSELF". Sure it's an original anime, but still.

If you want to complain, complain about that. I don't think the other things are that important. I mean e.g. one has an equalizer-intro, the other an "I only show stupid backgrounds" intro. And at least I think the backgrounds in Fractale are even better than those from Wandering Son. Different artstyle doesn't equal to "better", although it doesn't look bad.
Jan 18, 2011 9:50 AM
Jul 2008
Hah. Except for the drawings, fractale is way more interesting than hourou musuko...
Yare yare.
Jan 18, 2011 10:01 AM

Dec 2007
It's a bit funny because Mari Okada is working on both series (Okada is a great script writer btw). But i think he is at least somewhat right. The first episode of "Hourou Musuko" was much better than "Fractale". We have to wait and see how it turns out in the end.
SimonJan 18, 2011 10:11 AM
Jan 18, 2011 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
that guy totally overreacts.
well, I find Fractale more interesting than Hourou Musuko. sure, HM has a great art style, but the one used in Fractale is more appealing for me - somehow it makes me feel like I'm watching a movie rather than TV series, which is nice thing ^^
Jan 18, 2011 10:26 AM
Dec 2007
Both shows are among the weakest series ever broadcasted on the Noitamina slot, that's all.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 18, 2011 10:30 AM

Mar 2010
This brings a smile to my face. He wanted a better product but he can't have it :(
Jan 18, 2011 10:30 AM

May 2009
I've never had a laugh like what I'm doing right now since the New Years 8D.. Indeed..
Azuma Hiroki said:
We cannot beat the perfect combination of the original manga and Okada Mari as the series composer, not to mention the water colored arts. You bullshit producer! This makes our anime an underdog. I think it's all over.

dtshyk said:
Yamamoto Yutaka, the director of Fractale, declared at the press conference that he is ready to retire when Fractale fails.

He must stand in his own words if it happens x3
AezileJan 18, 2011 10:33 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 18, 2011 11:18 AM

Jun 2008
Is this news or a gossip line?
Jan 18, 2011 11:19 AM

May 2008
Oh man, I don't think the situation would be that bad. Indeed Hourou Musuko's art is fabulous but Fractale is great, I love the vibe it gives.
Why people jump into conclusions after only 1 episode, seriously?
Jan 18, 2011 11:43 AM

Feb 2010
dtshyk said:
"You bullshit producer! This makes our anime an underdog. I think it's all over."

Brilliant....just brilliant I haven't seen either of these but this line...just this line right here. I don't have any words to convey what this line made me feel like. But I guess I can sum it all up with lolwutdidhereallyjustsaythat.
Jan 18, 2011 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
I liked Fractale more than Hourou Musuko, and I'm a big fan of the manga of the latter, so it's doing something right.

Adaptation wise, Fractale only changed what the characters looked like, whereas Hourou Musuko skipped ahead six volumes, which kind of pissed me off.>_>

Also, he's clearly joking, I don't know why anyone's taking him seriously.
SmochiJan 18, 2011 12:29 PM
Jan 18, 2011 12:06 PM

Mar 2010
Why doesn't Yamakan just shut up and retire already.
I swear, that guy loves to complain.

Personally, I think both shows started out great so far.
Can't wait for the next episode~
Bunny-kinsJan 18, 2011 3:31 PM
Jan 18, 2011 12:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
iSee said:
He's right about the art - it is much more pleasing to the eye. It's funny to see this type of twitter anime raging by the producers/writers, is it me or has that become commonplace lately?
What do you expect. I'm still waiting for twitter to bring forth something I could label 'a good thing'.

No just kidding, I've given up on that.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 18, 2011 12:10 PM

Nov 2006
Yamakan trollin'
Jan 18, 2011 12:13 PM

Jun 2008
I watched both episodes just now... It seems like I'm the only one who likes Hourou Musuko better XD Fractale is the type of anime I rarely watch and not really interesting to me ^^;

sayami said:

I think so, too, they're overreacting. ~_~
Jan 18, 2011 12:20 PM

Jun 2010
Hourou Musuko was definitely much better than Fractale, especially since Fractale is waaay too similiar to some of the Miyazaki movies and based on the first episode, Fractale just seems to be just another magical girlfriend anime like Ah! My Goddess.

Though, if you're going to rip off a series, you might as well rip off the best.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Jan 18, 2011 12:57 PM

Dec 2010
WOW.
This is surprising to me!

I thought Fractale was very well done. I actually very much liked the direction!
Yamamoto just can't catch a break.

I've been seeing that Hourou Musuko was quite confusing for those who haven't read the manga, but I saw everything presented, even if it was just a small brush upon each subject. As time goes on, more things should start making more sense, I hope.
Jan 18, 2011 1:26 PM

Sep 2008
Jacut said:
Both shows are among the weakest series ever broadcasted on the Noitamina slot, that's all.

Would never thought I'll ever agree with you on something.

And Yamamoto should just stop whining, as many people here already said. He's already a laughingstock, but still, he can't just admit that he doesn't have any talent as a director.

And Azuma isn't better either, blaming everything on the producer while it's obvious that his writing sucks. He could be a popular critic and whatnot, but it's one thing to be able to analyze something other people wrote, and to be able to create some interesting story and deep characters himself is an absolutely different thing.
Jan 18, 2011 1:31 PM
May 2009
Face_Faith said:
sayami said:

I think so, too, they're overreacting. ~_~

+1. People who already judge both series (which is better, if both are good, or if both are the worst of noitaminA shows) are either trolling or just being stupid. At least wait for few episodes. Man.
Art-wise, I like both of those series, I don't really get why did that guy get so mad. By saying such stuff about his series he must make people who actually liked the art better than Hourou Musuko's feel stupid. lol
Jan 18, 2011 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
Heh. I liked Fractale's first episode much better than Hourou Musuko's first episode.

The first episode of Hourou Musuko was totally confusing and bland for me.

Sure, the art is nice. But that's about it.

For me, the story of Fractale was much more interesting (even though Hourou Musuko is a bit more original, but originality doesn't mean better).

I'll give both anime a try and watch the future episodes. I'm sure both of them will get better, to some extent.
Jan 18, 2011 3:11 PM
Apr 2009
The only thing I liked about Fractale's first episode was the art. Reminded me of Ghibli stuff in a way. Hourou Musuko is great, though.
Jan 18, 2011 3:44 PM

Mar 2009
well, I did like Hourou Musuko a little better, but that's harsh... xD
kinocoJan 18, 2011 4:43 PM
Jan 18, 2011 4:00 PM

Dec 2008
Poor guy shouldn't give up so easily. Right now I'm enjoying Fractale more than HM, anyways. >=c
Jan 18, 2011 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
Fractale fails?

Uhm...

WAAAAAAHMBULANCE APPROACHING

but really, Fractale is a higher quality production than any other anime (I'd say it rivals Musuko other than scripting) this season.
Jan 18, 2011 4:53 PM

Jul 2008
I kinda like Hourou Musuko better because its much interesting especially the art. Fractale looks kinda weird for an anime, same thing with the art.
Jan 18, 2011 5:06 PM

Mar 2008
Só tenho a dizer: BEM FEITO.
PaninaManinaJan 19, 2011 8:40 AM
Jan 18, 2011 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
well both is bad when compared to other of the season
Jan 18, 2011 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
Okay...I can understand some producers being a bit envious about other shows...but THIS? This is going a bit overboard. I mean, both shows JUST started! It's a bit too early to be pessimistic about an anime's performance, don't you think? And besides, I think both shows are great in their own right! Obviously Hourou Musuko is awesome when it comes to artwork, score, and emotional execution but I also feel that Fractale is also very good and fresh and original! In fact, I honestly feel that Fractale is the most original thing I've seen in ages! Azuma DOES have the right to be jealous, but he didn't have to rage and rant about it with blatant cursing! He should wait and see the end results before preparing to give up when things start kicking!
Jan 18, 2011 5:39 PM
Jun 2010
I personally like better Fractale ^^ I mean both of the anime I liked them but somehow HM kainda confused me >.> Before I saw the first episode I actually thought the boy was a Girl >.<

But anyways, it is true that the art of HM is prettier but Fractale is interesting. It keeps you active and laughing (if u laughed of course) while on the other hand HM was kainda boring but i still liked it and i intend to keep watching it.

But realy, saying that after only 1 episode of Fractale T.T
Jan 18, 2011 5:57 PM

Aug 2010
i havent watched fractale and ive only watched 1 episode of Hourou Musuko but i think thats a little harsh to say that to the director...
Jan 18, 2011 5:58 PM

May 2008
Pessimistic much?
o_0
Jan 18, 2011 6:52 PM
Mar 2010
Well, I can slightly feel him, considering Fractale's OP...
Jan 18, 2011 7:09 PM

Jun 2007
Hourou Musuko isn't the only show Fractale would have been an underdog to. The initial quality of episode 1 wasn't too impressive given the past year in noitamina.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jan 18, 2011 7:36 PM

Oct 2010
god when pros in the anime biz bitch it makes them seem so unprofessional
aren't they overreacting i mean only one episode of fractale is out and its not bad
Jan 18, 2011 8:00 PM

Apr 2009
Well, I think that someone is overreacting a bit. Although, I did like Hourou Musko more than Fractale, I think that Fractale has its own perks. Both are pretty good shows.
Jan 18, 2011 8:11 PM

Dec 2007
kashim said:
Uh, overreacting much. Judging from average scores both anime are on similar level of entertainment...

u cant really compared them with only 1 episode in, other than one has pretty graphics while the other looks like a miyasaki work (not offending the epic art of miyazaki but the art when i look at it at first glance, i tho it was a miyazaki film lol ), one show is about a fag, and the other is about, idk this singing wishing girl chase around by some guys on a hot air balloon

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jan 18, 2011 8:13 PM

Aug 2010
I rather liked both, and found no real reason to compare the two since they are very different anime.

Fractale reminds me of Miyazaki. I don't think there's anything to complain about there. Sounds like he just needs to calm down and stop crying after one episode.
Jan 18, 2011 8:15 PM

Jun 2010
I guess he's the type that believes all anime should look the same. I would love to of seen his reaction if he was the writer for Kemonozume.
Jan 18, 2011 8:34 PM

Jul 2007
lol u mad azuma?

:3
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 18, 2011 9:08 PM

May 2007
dtshyk said:
the director of Fractale, declared at the press conference that he is ready to retire when Fractale fails.

But I want to see more Kannagi!
My anime list
Jan 18, 2011 9:52 PM

Aug 2010
Why do the overwhelming majority of people who posted so far think this guy is serious? Unless I am missing a critical piece of this guy's story, he's clearly being sarcastic.
Jan 18, 2011 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Jacut said:

Although it's too early to jump to conclusions, I agree with the post quoted. Still hope it will get better.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Jan 18, 2011 10:53 PM

Oct 2008
EMChamp said:
Why do the overwhelming majority of people who posted so far think this guy is serious? Unless I am missing a critical piece of this guy's story, he's clearly being sarcastic.

i hope so, because otherwise with that attitude fractale is going down the shitter.
Jan 18, 2011 11:35 PM

Jan 2010
The fuck? Both Fractale and Hourou Musuko are quality shows. I (judging by the first episode) prefer Fractale. Hourou Musuko may be way better animated and the atmosphere is better than Fractale, but the story is confusing as hell.

But really, they're both good shows. Why pin them against each other? Also "it's all over", what the fuck does that mean?
Jan 19, 2011 2:38 AM

Feb 2010
dtshyk said:
Yamamoto Yutaka, the director of Fractale, declared at the press conference that he is ready to retire when Fractale fails.

The Japanese do everything in "High-Intensity", uh?

Kudos to those that got the Angel Beats! reference xD
Jan 19, 2011 4:11 AM

Oct 2010
holypoop said:
The fuck? Both Fractale and Hourou Musuko are quality shows. I (judging by the first episode) prefer Fractale. Hourou Musuko may be way better animated and the atmosphere is better than Fractale, but the story is confusing as hell.

But really, they're both good shows. Why pin them against each other? Also "it's all over", what the fuck does that mean?

Hourou Musuko is little confusing but story is good slice of life.
Jan 19, 2011 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
…The hell? I don’t know if the guy is being sarcastic and just trolling around or he’s really that overly dramatic to make such drastic assumptions not even a week after the first episodes of both series aired.

Oh well, it’s not like I truly care.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jan 20, 2011 3:24 AM
Nov 2009
I guess Yamamoto has already lost half the battle. Sheesh, a director even.
Jan 20, 2011 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
Chaos_Pheonix20 said:
While yes Hourou Musukos art is some what better. The actual story and the way it is presented is not. I actually enjoy Fractale much better because the speed of it, keeps it interesting. HM is boring and confusing. I knew at the beginning they were going to have trouble conveying a story like HM, and it seems they proved me right. Skipping 6 chapters may not have been their best idea.

Fractale has a movie like feeling to it, which I like.

I'm pretty sure you can't say anything about the pacing of the show after one episode. Also, the first episode seems to be deliberately confusing as a way of picking up interest and introducing characters.

I don't see what is hard about conveying a story like HM. It is a pretty linear story of romance and maturation.

I like both. However, they are two different shows with different genres and directions. You can't really compare them just because they are both anime and on the Noitamina timeslot.
Jan 21, 2011 12:51 AM
Apr 2009
I really just don't understand this. I like HM better, but Fractale's art and music are its strongest points, and the best of the season IMO.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
11 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.