Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 18, 2010 12:11 PM

May 2007
Laughing while slaughtering helpless people with your overpowered eye-spell-whatchamacallit.

Pure awesomeness.

Jul 18, 2010 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
Wellwellwellwelllwell, I'm liking this series more as it progresses.

Not afraid of killing off characters. And I didn't hate Kiefer as much as I thought I would.

Ryner and Sion are such likable characters. JunJun and OnoD FTW <3
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 18, 2010 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
To think this would actually turn out to be this great. ^^;
It's like.. The epitome of generic, but it somehow does not give a bad impression~ : D
Oh well anyway, I'm enjoying it.
Also, FukuJun is awesome, as is his character : D (Who actually kind of looks like a brown-eyed/haired Lulu at a few times : 3)
Which also goes for this dude Lucile. He seems awesome. : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 18, 2010 2:22 PM

Apr 2010
At first, I wasn't sure what to think about this show, but now after the addition of this episode, I'm really interested. Can't wait to see what happens next.
"I wish, just one more time to hear your voice. One more time, just one more time... Say my name..."
Jul 18, 2010 3:54 PM
Aug 2009
This was simply amazing!!
I'm really glad that this show is turning out so great; I was looking forward to seeing this the most in the summer season but the first episode was really disappointing.
I'm so happy that the third episode so well executed.
Also Fukuyama Jun FTW!!
Jul 18, 2010 4:59 PM

Aug 2009
Oh hell yeah! Shit just got real!
Jul 18, 2010 9:15 PM

Jan 2010
Legendarily awesome
Ok™
Jul 18, 2010 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome! Just blown away by ep3. o 3o

I started watching the show based on the name alone. I mean, c'mon, it uses "legend" twice, it has to be at least entertaining. If nothing else, I can laugh at how bad it is. ^o^

I thought the first episode was confusing, the second episode actually got me somewhat interested, and this one was leagues above both of them! I hope for a continuing increase in the plot and character development. ^_^

I personally like Ryner as a lead, rather than the typical cookie cutter shounen hero. He just wants to be left alone and not kill things, so he can relax and take naps... but of course, that isn't allowed when you can kill with a look. ^_^;

Sion... I sense that all is not right with this guy. I think something happens that makes him not as nice as he appears to be now. What do they say? The road to Hell is paved with good intentions?

I like Keifer, even if her name is the same as what I make my smoothies out of. >_>; The confession in the jail was great. I hope we see more of her!

I do get definite Berserk vibes off of this. Never seen Code Geass *dodges bricks* so I can't compare there. I don't really see any point in comparing it absolutely to any other story, though. They are never going to be exactly the same, and if it's entertaining enough on its own merits, what does it matter if it borrows from here and there? ^_~
Jul 19, 2010 10:18 AM

Jul 2009
I liked this episode. This anime is getting better and better. Now I want to see more about Ryner story's till he went for the journey and Sion's struggle for the throne. And I really hope episode 1 is not the ending episode. That will be really sucks.
Jul 19, 2010 1:28 PM

Nov 2008
I'm glad I stuck around after that terrible first episode. It's watchable now. Shame guys like Ryner are bound to drop that attitude and learn the value of friendship and motives eventually.
Jul 19, 2010 2:48 PM

Apr 2009
Mammoth said:
I'm glad I stuck around after that terrible first episode. It's watchable now. Shame guys like Ryner are bound to drop that attitude and learn the value of friendship and motives eventually.

+10
I'd like a uniquely unchanging protagonist for once, please xP
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 19, 2010 9:34 PM
Jun 2007
Went in for the Slayers-esque vibe; stayed for the pleasantly surprising dark and gripping atmosphere.

I admit, I almost dismissed this show because of the silliness of the title but this has turned out to be quite a show (so far). The first episode got me immediately hooked because of its similarities to one of the my favorite series (Slayers) but the change of pace and tone in the following two episodes had me even more intrigued.
avrcJul 19, 2010 9:43 PM
Jul 20, 2010 9:07 AM

Aug 2009
nice episode though i didn't expect it to go on like this... but it was tense.
i felt so ba dthough for all his comrades that died :(
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jul 20, 2010 3:15 PM

Aug 2009
Mammoth said:
I'm glad I stuck around after that terrible first episode. It's watchable now.
Indeed.

Oh god, that laugh. Brings back so many good memories of Zero and Leopard. FukuJun is such a good actor.
Jul 20, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
WWWWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAA.

Somehow, was not expecting the degree of b.a.ness that this episode managed to upchuck, lol. Now I'm definitely interested in this series, ridiculous title aside. XD

I wonder, now that they have everyone's attention with kickass!Ryner, if they'll slow down a bit? What was turning me off from the first couple of eps was how rushed the plot felt...maybe it was all the timeskipping within the first ep...what I'm trying to say is, if they slowed down the pacing just an eensy bit, this could really turn out to be awesome. Especially if they are 26 eps of it.

btw, anyone have recommendations for other anime/manga similar to DenYuuDen besides Berserk, Code Geass, or whatever the other one on the rec page is? I love protagonists with crazydark!power to hide!! <3
waterbottledorkJul 20, 2010 4:51 PM
Jul 20, 2010 7:15 PM

Jun 2009
Ryner 1st battle cooooool

So that's the real story

Kiss scene was very teary
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 21, 2010 2:13 AM

Jan 2008
I'm loving this show for this season. This episode has more elements to it.
Jul 21, 2010 7:30 AM

Jun 2009
sexiji said:
Regarding Baccano: Yes, the story does start as a recap, in a way, from the perspective of two characters who are trying to discover what happened aboard a gruesome train ride. The storycraft hooked me right away. This show? I found myself visibly cringing throughout the first episode as I watched it, and almost dropped it then and there. I'm not opposed to stories jumping through time, as long as they're done in a compelling, reasonable way. I simply wasn't as impressed with this one. No worries ^^

You can be surprised however. Take Gungrave for example. God awful first episode. Did the same thing as this, jumped though to the future and was horribly cliche. But then the next episodes completely changed that. At the moment we have seen three episodes. That's not enough to make a judgment yet.

sexiji said:
viral_hun said:
Why would one compare it to Code Geass? Because the main characters' seiyuu is the same?

No, not because the main character's seiyuu is the same. I compared it to Code Geass because I felt each story's premise is somewhat similar, but the conflict and motivations behind the setting and the main characters in CG were more immediately engaging and interesting to me.

Not exact, but similar.

I noticed a few jumped on the "How can you possibly compare two shows like X and Y?!!1shift1! I think X/Y is the blah blah bloo." Earlier in this post, MorningGlory and I (briefly) compared Baccano and LotLH's first episodes. If you think it's impossible to rationally compare and contrast two series (LotLH & CG, RG Utena & Sailor Moon, Seven Samurai & The Wild Bunch), or even different elements within a series, then I really don't know what to say :P

Alright, stop right there. True, you can compare elements of a show but that's just too damn vague. On that logic you can compare Haruhi to angel beats, Negima to Nanoha, or even Kanon to south park for gods sake!
At the moment the only comparisons I can draw is the eye power and the friends motivation to change the country. Too vague. You can't say this is similar until there is enough to prove the claim. I can draw more comparisons to Berserk rather than Code Geass.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 21, 2010 8:44 AM

Jan 2010
Stupid magic knight mooks didn't finish off Ryner when they had the chance.

God bless them.
Jul 21, 2010 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
If you were to compare this show to Code Geass, it would more sense to compare Sion Astal and Lelouch due to their idealogy and situation. NOT the main character.

BTW, any response to this?
Sprite_Coke said:
Just read 1st chapter of manga as well. Where can I read more? and perhaps the novel as well?
Sprite_CokeJul 21, 2010 9:26 AM
Jul 21, 2010 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
Sprite_Coke said:

BTW, any response to this?
Sprite_Coke said:
Just read 1st chapter of manga as well. Where can I read more? and perhaps the novel as well?

You can find the ln raws here, but good luck finding an English translation. No one's taken the time to do one yet. As for the manga, I'm pretty sure the first volume is the only volume out so far--so we'll just have to wait for the rest.
Jul 21, 2010 2:14 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone else get the feeling that Ryner is going to use his time in prision to master or control the Alpha Stigma? In the preview he said something like he would like to take naps all day but he's not going to be able to.
Jul 21, 2010 3:34 PM

Oct 2009
WOW! I didn't expect that from this episode. I'm totally shocked. :O
Jul 21, 2010 5:33 PM
Jan 2010
They know Ryner has the alpha stigma yet they still provoke him and he goes crazy and slaughters them.
That was one of the best scene's i've seen all week

Are the funimation subs any good for this?
Jul 21, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
Dan777 said:

I think they are perfectly fine and translate the material well, though I know somebody is going to disagree with that.
Jul 22, 2010 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
garfield15 said:
Dan777 said:

I think they are perfectly fine and translate the material well, though I know somebody is going to disagree with that.

Funimation subs are usually really good, exactly opposite to CRap.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 22, 2010 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
Oh snap. Epic stuff happened this episode. Ryner, you and your Alpha Stigma ... EPIC. Holy crap. I KNEW I heard that laughing voice somewhere before ...! Seriously love this guy :D
Sion you just got REJECTED lol
A lot of side characters died ... D: Don't like Kiefer as much anymore, but no hateful thoughts ... yet? :O
This anime is shaping up to be epicly epic ... or a legendary legend XD
Jul 23, 2010 7:36 AM

Sep 2009
Damn.

That was... good. Really good, actually.
Jul 23, 2010 2:11 PM

Dec 2008
WTF is Lucile?!?!?!?!?!
I enjoyed watching Ryner get straight "medieval on their asses!" Talk about opening up a can of whoop ass!!!
One thing I don't understand is, how did Sion get hailed as a war hero, while Ryner gets chained and beaten and Keifer gets locked up? They were all there together, and if it hadn't been for Ryner letting the demon loose, they'd all be dead.
Jul 23, 2010 3:47 PM
Jun 2008
@AnimeMama
read back some of my previous post.^^
Jul 23, 2010 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
awww, that kiss was so damn touching (haha I was waiting for that kiss)!! :)
this serie is more than I expected!
Jul 25, 2010 2:16 AM

Jun 2008
Ryner = Lelouch
Jul 28, 2010 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
well that was certainly unexpected.

banana
Jul 30, 2010 5:22 PM

Sep 2009
This anime surprised me. Very good! Brilliant history, anistoning design!
Aug 7, 2010 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
Ryner said:

Why do we have wars?
I've got no interest in who owns what land.
That's why I said I liked afternoon naps the most.
Tahile, Tony, and Fahle all died senseless deaths.
It must be the motivated guys who start wars.
But the guys without motivation always get sucked into them.
So what should the guys with no motivation do?
Unlike Sion, I've never wanted to be involved
in troublesome things like changing the country.
Is there some place where I could just take afternoon naps and live my life without hurting anyone?

Best quote :] great anime, still a bit too fast paced for me though.. have problems following a bit + it's still kinda confusing..
i really hate Kiefer (btw, name sucks).. Totally prefer Ferris! :P
& the part i didn't understood was about Sion.. so yeah, he was a war hero but Ryner wasn't?! wtf?! and why isn't he imprisoned while Ryner is??..

oh and btw: stop comparing it to Code Geass. you guys suck.
Vanessa-Aug 7, 2010 1:42 PM
Aug 11, 2010 11:28 PM

Jun 2008
Another guy with super eyes and Lelouch voice. What was that anyway? Is there a demon inside him or something? He made a barbegue out of those guys.

Interesting that this anime wasn't afraid to show blood. I kind of felt sorry for a few of todays victims.

We got a kiss too. Yeah the girl survived. This show definitely improved lets see if it can have a good development.

The blond's brother is creepy. What a guy.

MorningGlory said:
sexiji said:
Plus, Ryner's motivation ("Guys, I just want to take naps all day") is so uninspired. I understand that there's something deeper behind it ("I don't want to go berserk and kill everyone with my powers"), but even that's not very deep. Watching a lazy character with deus ex machina eyeblasters that everyone hates for some inexplicable reason makes everything seem quite boring. I have a hard time even trying to care about the characters and their (mostly non-existent) motivations.
I am quite agree with that Ryner is boring and giving a bad impression into the audience, but if you compare with character like Naruto,I think Ryner's situation is also a possible character that will grow into lazy sort of development instead of a character who focus more into struggle type of character.Actually Ryner is the ONLY character which I know has a monster power that also hate himself just like Naruto.Ryner is not only he hate himself,but he also actually giving up upon himself as well,that is why he is soo lazy.....
As you can see when he get crazy,he can't even control himself and His eye is forcefully closed by Sion.Can you even imagine if there is no one help Ryner close his eye when he went into berserk? As for me ,I am very scared it and I would rather isolate myself instead of making many many friend and be a very very active dude like a joker to get people's attention .Basically I think Ryner's attitude/characteristic are more logical if you are referring to his current situation.
And one last thing,You are putting Baccano as your favorite list and you are saying that you don't like episode 1?.If I am not mistaken,Baccano episode 1 is also a recap,and I am pretty sure that you understand why baccano put a recap in episode 1 also.

You are one strange dude. WTF is with you and comparing this with Naruto for two threats now when both anime have no similarity in style what so ever.

Personally i understand Ryner and his attitude since am a guy that just wants to seat around and be carefree but i don't think i would have excited many viewers if i was a main character in a show and the same goes with this guy. You are just ending up wondering why are you watching this guy if he doesn't want to do anything? Also the way he does it is a little ridiculous making it look like his just trying to act cool.
Being unmotivated is one thing but not even reacting to some serious shit looks a bit overdone.
MonadAug 12, 2010 12:11 AM
Aug 13, 2010 10:06 AM
Jun 2008
@Monad
I agree,The art is totally different, but I am not talking about art style over there.I am talking about hidden power which they scare to use it because they might harm their friend along with it.

He has an eye that will go berserk in any moment if there are too much emotion are put into it.Therefore,he must act carefree in any situation.If he go berserk ,he will kill anyone without having conscious of it.Ryner's report has already explained Ryner's point of view on how he look at the world.

Aug 13, 2010 11:25 AM
Aug 2010
Dizzee said:
Ryner = Lelouch

No. Lelouch = Ryner + Sion + brain
Aug 14, 2010 5:34 PM

Apr 2008
I'm eating my supper thinking that it'd be ok... I'm 6mins into it and I've already seen lots of... body parts. This is a contrast to the lighter atmosphere of the first episode.
I think I lost my appetite but the show looks really promising. I was looking for something this dark but has a few light moments. I'm not really into blood and gory, but the plot looks good.
Aug 17, 2010 11:45 PM

Feb 2010
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Damn.

That was... good. Really good, actually.

YES. EPIC!! Glad to see such an awesome episode occur.... GREAT battle scenes.
Aug 21, 2010 12:40 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very nice.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 30, 2010 11:16 PM

Jan 2010
ninjapintu said:
Best episode of this season @_@ Really is :D

I Agree.
Sep 4, 2010 11:56 AM

Feb 2010
angelei28 said:
ninjapintu said:
Best episode of this season @_@ Really is :D

I Agree.

wowow. :D
Sep 19, 2010 3:26 AM
Jul 2009
That. was. bad. ass.
Sep 30, 2010 3:52 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty badass episode.
Story itself isn't too special so far, but it's very well executed, keeps you hooked.
I'm definitely interested in how this goes on now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 19, 2010 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Woah. What's with that sudden rain of violence? Caught me off guard those flying heads and torsos.

Grabbing but plot needs to improve as well as become less confusing.
Apr 10, 2011 4:53 AM

Jul 2009
Coolest kills so far? He's just saying a way to die, and they die like that. Eg. burst, collapse, turn into atoms.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 31, 2012 8:44 PM

Aug 2011
Love <3
Apr 24, 2012 8:00 AM

Jun 2011
OMG, best anime I've seen recently. Well I just started watching this today though. Anyway, this episode is awesome, definitely the best so far
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 29, 2012 2:47 PM

Aug 2011
Im digging the gore in this maybe it won't be so bad after all :P
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MorningGlory - Nov 4, 2010

104 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.