Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 7:29 AM

Dec 2021
The guy took down the entire squad of frenzied bears when his entire army couldn't, he's just talking out of his ass.

Balirossa stepped out of the house for a moment, feeling very sad about not obtaining the Dragon Slayer title, which could have restored her family's nobility. While wandering around, she spots a strange man near their house and approaches him. After conversing with the man, she realizes that he, too, is a demon, as he knows Fenrys's identity and threatens him to leave or face death. The man introduces himself as Gozaru and departs. At that moment, Fenrys and Filou approach her, asking if she's alright. Filou reveals that he read in the status window of that man that he was the Demon King Gholl.

Why the hell put so much effort into convincing one man who doesn't even want to join the kingdom's army? If it's his decision, leave it be. Trying to force him to join is a sign of cowardice. Status doesn't matter; it's the will of the person that drives them. So no, the people from the magic kingdom, in general, have little to no brains. Also, I hope that sword doesn't turn out to be a cute girl; it would be wasted on that hero. It always pisses me off when people insult "idealism." Hey, asshole, ideas are the literal foundation for why we do the things we do. You might be able to get what you want by being a cynical asshole, but you'll never keep it.

At least Balirossa won't have to deal with worrying about "interacting" with Gholl anymore, lol.
IzanaSolosApr 29, 6:28 PM

Apr 29, 7:53 AM

Apr 2010
When will that annoying arrogant piece of trash be removed from the anime?
At least he seemed to have learned his place somewhat when seeing a magic he didn't know but still something should be done about him, the same applies to that king he seems unfit to rule a country.

The princess seems pretty ok tho.
Anyway the scenes with Balirossa where funny but she didn't have to be that scared it looked like the Maou seemed to like her.
Now the question is does the move change things for the better for the group?
Apr 29, 7:59 AM

Mar 2021
That hero is such an arrogant asshole I really hope that Sir Flio takes him down a peg or too soon. Balirossa was cute in this episode.
Apr 29, 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
The Dragon Slayer title bestowed to Blossom, Balirossa desperately wanted that title for herself as well, but is met by a member of the Dark Army, the Dark One of Ghozal a.k.a real name Gholl, looking for Fenrys. Both Filo and Fenrys are aware of who Gholl is, and remains calm in his presence, talking about the war between humans and demons for 500 years. And coincidentally, Filo was in that same spot where a reincarnation joined the Dark Army and took over the demons. But Gholl, doesn't want to take over the world, and much like Filo, he just wants to rest on his laurels. And Gholl would keep trying again, scaring Balirossa each and every time lols.

King Klyrode being furious that Filo keeps on ignoring his summons, and much more that Gholl is still wanting Filo to join him, he's right at the epicenter of both extremes. And this time, the Hero personally coming to deal with Filo with the knights, he's only just as much of a Chuuni has he is, playing the hero character. Literally being cornered on both sides, Filo doesn't have a choice, but with Fenrys, and Balirossa and her party, he's gained followers enough to escape with teleportation, reigniting the feud between the Dark Army and Klyrode.

A lucky break to teleport everyone out of harm's way, Filo can finally heave a sigh of relief. And this is probably for the best.
Apr 29, 9:06 AM

Jan 2023
Poor Balirossa, the demon king took interest in her it seems haha.
These scenes were as fun as I remember from the manga.

The first princess looks more clever than her dad for sure.
Nothing goes well for this failure of a hero: not only does he not succeed in convincing Flio (teleporting yourself and your entire house away is quite the radical solution to avoid someone haha) but he also awakened the hostility of the demons by accident, and he flees the scene once again.

Overall, a pretty fun episode, which also dives a little bit deeper in the politics of the humans and the demons.
Apr 29, 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
The camera panning back and forth from the demon lord to Filo several times was so weird.

Apr 29, 9:57 AM

Jan 2023
Didn’t it take like a month to get from the Kingdom to the nearby forest with a carriage? This “hero” did not just march a small company to this guys house.
BitChillyApr 29, 10:02 AM
Apr 29, 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
The camera pans during the demon lords conversation was hilarious.
"Most people don't try to become adults, they just can't stay children any longer."
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Apr 29, 11:12 AM
Oct 2010
Another silly but fun bit of fluff.

Next ep preview though, oof, looks like the perfect implementation of the phrase 'Mistakes were made'. Ya just don't mess with a man's dog unless you're prepare for Wicked consequences.
Apr 29, 12:41 PM

Dec 2022
well talk about axing your own feet
fenris is injured someone has to pay
also still cant get over the ridiculous op i cant even skip it now
Balirossa might have won over the second strongest being in their world making her one of the best
Apr 29, 1:10 PM

Feb 2007
The hero sure screwed himself and the whole kingdom over there... Well, not like the king was any smarter, but that guy is truly special in his foot-meets-mouth skill. One can only hope that once the dust settles, the princess will be standing at the head of her country and finally able to negotiate a lasting peace.

(Also, looking forward to demon queen Balirossa, yes?)
Apr 29, 1:59 PM

Mar 2013
I still prefer Balirossa and Belano to be the main heroines... 😳

The character who has the hero title... agonizing to watch that character.

P.S. The series gets crazier after this. (That's why I dropped the manga)
CrazyButNot4UApr 29, 2:17 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 29, 2:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The Demon King Gholl is here, and his name reminds me of Dominus Ghaul from Destiny 2 lol. His scenes were pretty goofy, he started by trying to get Flio to join the dark army but once that didn’t work he kept showing back up and scaring the shit out of Balirossa, I honestly fear for her too because if she actually ends up with him somehow I am afraid she might become a demon herself, she’s already good the way she is, let’s not ruin that lol.

And once the hero got word of what’s been going on with the demon king and Flio, he decided to march on Flio’s house with lots of soldiers, I feel bad for those guys tho as Flio did the unthinkable and teleported his whole house and farm away from them, I guess the best option there was to take his home and push it somewhere else lol. Unfortunately tho, Flio’s leaving pissed off Gholl and decided violence was the only option, and from the looks of the next time segment this effects Flio as well, as much as I love the chill and goofy fun of this show I’m looking forward to seeing how this situation goes down.
Apr 29, 3:30 PM

Feb 2019
Well well, the king realises he was a dumbass for banishing Flio to the boonies and wants him to come back to the castle to help the humans fight the demon king. *flio refuses* *surprised pikachu face*

Did bro really think sending out the blonde fraud hero with an army was going to convince Flio to come back 😂. He’s living his best life with a hot Wolf waifu and a harem of other cuties. Using teleportation magic to send half of the army back to the castle was the perfect way to show the humans exactly what they missed out on.

And what’s makes it even better is that we learned about the first demon king coming from another world to take over this one and rallying the demons who were being oppressed by humanity. 500 years later and it’s still humans doing the oppressing. The demon King seems like he’s more interested in eating Rys’ homemade meals and teasing Belirossa than conquering the world.

Flio coming from a world where demihumans faced discrimination knows all too well the cruelty of humanity and I like that he’s not picking to be on either side. Let’s see what the king comes back with next week.
Marinate1016Apr 29, 3:56 PM
Apr 29, 4:34 PM
Feb 2022
This is now where the story really starts. My favorite character from the manga looks like they’ll be introduced next week, the war kicks up a notch and the blond hero’s story proceeds to become hilarious, can’t wait.
Apr 29, 4:50 PM
Feb 2024
Marinate1016 said:
Well well, the king realises he was a dumbass for banishing Flio to the boonies and wants him to come back to the castle to help the humans fight the demon king. *flio refuses* *surprised pikachu face*

Did bro really think sending out the blonde fraud hero with an army was going to convince Flio to come back 😂. He’s living his best life with a hot Wolf waifu and a harem of other cuties. Using teleportation magic to send half of the army back to the castle was the perfect way to show the humans exactly what they missed out on.

And what’s makes it even better is that we learned about the first demon king coming from another world to take over this one and rallying the demons who were being oppressed by humanity. 500 years later and it’s still humans doing the oppressing. The demon King seems like he’s more interested in eating Rys’ homemade meals and teasing Belirossa than conquering the world.

Flio coming from a world where demihumans faced discrimination knows all too well the cruelty of humanity and I like that he’s not picking to be on either side. Let’s see what the king comes back with next week.

King Dumbass doesn't even realize Flio is the same guy. Remember he used shapeshifting specifically to hide his identity. He's told several people that he's from another world at this point, but only Fenrys knows exactly what he looked like.
Apr 29, 4:51 PM
Feb 2024
Aversa said:
At least he seemed to have learned his place somewhat when seeing a magic he didn't know but still something should be done about him, the same applies to that king he seems unfit to rule a country.

Anyway the scenes with Balirossa where funny but she didn't have to be that scared it looked like the Maou seemed to like her.

He doesn't get removed from the *anime* but becomes a somehow beloved side character probably by the end of the season. It's utterly hilarious to watch.
Apr 29, 4:51 PM

Feb 2019
Good point I forgot about that
Apr 29, 5:06 PM

May 2019
So it looks like the demon lord liked how Balirossa stood up for herself so much so that I think half the reason he kept going back to Flio's place was to see her lol. Speaking of Balirossa she seems to be the comedic relief-type character in this series and specifically in this episode her reaction when she sat next to the demon lord was hilarious. Hopefully she earns a title she can be proud of and helps her family out.

Regarding the "hero," not only is he very arrogant but he's also cowardly too.
Apr 29, 5:36 PM

Feb 2019
Balirossa charmed the Dark One lol And thanks to that baka hero, he just earned the ire of the demon army and caused them to attack the humans due to a misunderstanding after hero dude sent Flio and Co. relocating to avoid being coerced into becoming his subordinate.
Apr 29, 5:38 PM

Feb 2019
Alfredo-Sauce said:
Regarding the "hero," not only is he very arrogant but he's also cowardly too.

he is the stereotypical character who is only after fame and fortune but lacks the backbone to get stuff done, or lacks the know-how on how to become a hero and lead a troop to war lol
Apr 29, 5:57 PM

Apr 2019
Another great episode lol, Maou sama seems to be very fond of Balirossa after their first encounter, and with that, the hero and the demon lord finally meet and started their war though he is cowardly so he ran away.
Apr 29, 8:38 PM
Sep 2008
Is this the best isekai of the season?

(Not counting second or third season of other isekais)
Apr 29, 9:11 PM
Feb 2024
It's definitely in the running. Haven't watched the 7th prince or appraisal Isekai yet, but this is definitely better than Re:Monster (which isn't *bad*, per se, just not really going in a direction I'm vibing with), and that's to say nothing of the outstanding straight fantasy shows we got this season (Elf Bride, Unnamed Memory to name a few).
Apr 29, 9:17 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
They really thought we wouldn't notice how many times they took the same shot and went right to left during that couch chat with the Dark One, eh? That and we got the talking ass for a little bit (Uliminas').
The little interactions between Balirossa and Gholl were kinda cute. lol I ship it a little.
I wonder what they're going to end up doing about the "Hero". He kinda ain't shit and they already knew at this point so...

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 29, 9:52 PM
Feb 2020
IT was lit the dark one was like " i would rather use my whole army and flex across the country then let you have this guy'. i thought it was just hilarious!
Apr 29, 10:46 PM
Apr 2023
I really like this anime adaptation, even though they made everything "child-safe" compared to the source light novels. 😂
Apr 30, 3:18 AM

Oct 2007
Dark One Ghozal looks badass and scary when he's serious. Looks like he realized the Hero has caused Flio and the others to leave. As expected, the coward Hero runs away so fast when a real threat shows up.

terrified Balirossa makes me laugh so much. lol

looking forward to next week. :)
Apr 30, 6:45 AM

Feb 2010
surprised to have liked this episode more than the others, making buddy with the demon king was a fun situation and kinda wholesome for once, without the whole "i'm so strong" projection (i mean, not so much of it)

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Apr 30, 8:56 AM
Mar 2024
Best isekai anime this season
Apr 30, 10:39 PM

Sep 2018
The demon kings bonding with the blond is comedy gold. He seems to be a great guy.
Apr 30, 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
glad i gave this one a chance since it dropped most of basic isekai tropes within the first 2 episodes true pacifist route is the way to be when your op

poor Balirossa shes so funny though having charmed the Dark one was not on my bingo card

but boy did that ending cause a misunderstanding
May 1, 7:52 AM
Jan 2021
gotta love Gholl. Just for the fact he is voiced by veldora's VA. Ngl I am enjoying this series. Looking forward to the next episode :)
May 1, 3:45 PM

Sep 2023
Looks like the dark one has taken a liking to Balirossa xD

When will the good people of Klyrode finally understands that this annoying hero is a phony and can't do anything? Dude literally provoked the whole demon army to attack the kingdom!
May 2, 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Paulternative
Aversa said:

He doesn't get removed from the *anime* but becomes a somehow beloved side character probably by the end of the season. It's utterly hilarious to watch.
@Paulternative lol there's literally no way any of us is gonna like that guy... like what?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 2, 4:15 PM
Feb 2024
winddevil1 said:
@Paulternative lol there's literally no way any of us is gonna like that guy... like what?

You don't have to love who a character is to love having them on screen. What Wish.com!yuusha becomes is truly a fun experience. He gets to be a better part of the story than King Shitbag, that's for sure.
May 4, 9:30 PM
Apr 2024
the anime is cool, the action is pretty half-assed because of the staff, the focus is on the romance between the two, but in these 4 episodes there isn't that much romance, very few romantic scenes, but I hope that from now on the romance will progress, anyway , don't expect too much, if you're going to watch it, don't expect well-made fight scenes, go for the romance between the two (I used a translator, sorry for the mistakes)
May 5, 6:44 AM

Feb 2021
She just put out the sword to the dark one XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 5, 9:50 PM
May 8, 9:20 AM
Jun 2012
The Dark One and his solitary quest to win the heart of Balirossa. Is the best thing that has happened to this series.
May 9, 2:34 PM

Jun 2015
Does the demon king have a crush on Balirossa? I ship it!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 13, 3:34 PM

Jan 2019
I have to say, this is the first demon king in anime who isn't annoying emo type, and I like it.

His crush on the knight is funny, and the fact that the MC isn't siding with any side helps the story not become "same old". Though yet to be seen if the director/writer sticks with it.
May 13, 7:01 PM

Dec 2022
The Dark One seems like a pretty kind hearted reasonable guy
'shall i kick his mouth through his butt darling?'
bro peaced out of there with his entire estate
May 14, 11:54 AM
Jan 2021
Well I wasn’t expecting Gholl to visit in this episode, but the title makes sense given that discovery.

I thought there would be a bunch of buildup that would occur and later on, Banza would be forced to fight against the Demon Army in a climatic final battle of the season. Despite all the magic and conflict, this series has been pretty peaceful so far.

Gholl seems to be a chill dude as well despite being The Dark One. He seems to be just as insistent as the King, except that he doesn’t do anything to force Banaza to do his bidding. Maybe Belirossa should give him a chance.

And what was the hero thinking? Of course Banaza wasn’t gonna serve a self serving douchebag such as himself. I didn’t know the scale of his teleportation. As long as he’s been somewhere before he can teleport his entire home anywhere he wants to go. I’m shocked that the crops remain intact during the transfer though.

Since Gholl has lost Banaza, it seems that the demons and humans will have to duke it out, and the hero was such a coward that he always runs away at the sight of any conflict.

What will be going on next?

More topics from this board

» So, are they gonna do the deed eventually?

MavikBow - 4 hours ago

7 by ejleon »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - May 13

74 by katsu044 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

63 by romzanalimohon »»
6 hours ago

» Why do authors write protaganists this stupid?

bledsoe60 - May 2

35 by ejleon »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Lv2 kara Cheat datta Motoyuusha Kouho no Mattari Isekai Life Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 22

59 by EsieEyen »»
May 12, 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.