Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ye, this had light fantasy elements but takes place in a modern setting.

Sara is easily the most noticable character here with her mini Princess look although she is also a curious person. Seems the first episode mostly focuses on her and Sousuke although Livia is also introduced. Kinda interesting for a premise imo. It introduced the main leads and also gave a little bit of what we can expect of Sara's personality. Might be a fun show.
Apr 4, 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
From Yomi Hirasaka, the author of Haganai, together with illustrator Kantoku who brought you Fall 2017's Imouto sae Ireba Ii. a.k.a A Sister's All You Need (which is a great anime and LN series), both of them have yet another series under their belt: the most current work of Henjin no Salad Bowl a.k.a Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, a Sasaki to Pii-chan like derivative of a comedy reverse Isekai.

Wanuka's OP is really good, the vibes are just great, a banger song. Meiyo Densetsu's ED has the beats.

Princess Sara da Odin, escaping from life's throes as the 7th Princess of the Oflm Empire from a coup d'état, she has no choice but to enter a dark hole, the portal to another world, where she meets Sousuke Kaburaya, a 29-year-old impoverished private detective in Gifu City, Gifu Prefecture (where Yomi Hirasaka comes from) investigating an affair. Sara just popping out of nowhere from the portal, and Sousuke not believing that she has magic, Sara just blows up a playground, definitely not the fantasy vibes of modern Japan lols. Soon thereafter, comes Sara's assistant of Livia de Udis, all drenched in blood...and going to Nagara River to clean herself up while having some fish, and living as a homeless beside Suzuki. The Hinamatsuri vibes are all over the place.

Livia is now a homeless together with Suzuki, and Sara is living the poor life with Sousuke, while getting used to life in Japan. Even then, Sousuke doesn't want Sara prying on his job, though he aspires to be one himself. And his target of Koji Takemoto, Sousuke soon realizes it's not an affair, but blackmailing through payment of money, which Sara soon helps out with taking out the thugs, and Sousuke does his best too. And the reward: Gifu beef of Hidagyu, and Sara...is just over the moon with cheap beef.

At the very least, these two share a relationship and bond of being investigators: a fantasy "magical girl " and a normal man.

I'm already liking this more than Sasaki to Pii-chan, this is why I love Yomi Hirasaka and his works.
KANLen09Apr 6, 12:58 AM
Apr 4, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
The GOAT, Hirasaka Yomi, returns with another adaptation of his work that had yet to be brought to the screen, and here it is. The question remains: Will it surpass the likes of Haganai and Imouto sae Ireba Ii?

Sousuke Kaburaya, a struggling detective, crossed paths with Sara, a princess from another world wielding magical abilities. Sara settled into life with Sousuke, adapting swiftly to modern Japan. Meanwhile, Livia, a fellow knight from Sara's world, found herself adrift and without shelter, yet unexpectedly found solace in her new surroundings. Despite their challenging circumstances, these two individuals embraced life with positivity, influencing not only Sousuke but also the eclectic residents of the neighborhood, including a cunning lawyer, a divorce mediator, and a charismatic cult leader.

Oh yeah, I'm all about those reverse isekais. I'm so sick and tired of the usual isekais, finally something fresh, sort of. The writing quality actually seems pretty good. Well, it is Hirasaka Yomi we're talking about, so no surprises there. It looks like an ensemble cast comedy with a lot of heart behind the laughs, and I'm hoping for more of that in the upcoming episodes. Like I mentioned earlier, it feels a lot like Imouto Sae Ireba Ii and has a similar vibe, so count me in!

Will Hirasaka Yomi make it three for three with anime? Only time will tell, but based on this first episode alone, it looks like a lot of fun.

Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Feb 2020
Umm, nothing amazing, I guess.
Apr 4, 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
I am surprised Livia didn't get arrested being covered in blood like that or bathing in the river.
No one probably saw her bathing in the river tho.
So far this seems nice but it's hard to judge yet it will probably have some awkward scenes as well but for now it was pretty ok.
Still the fiction about detectives already gave Sara some pretty strange ideas.
Apr 4, 10:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Chaotic but seems promising enough, characters are pretty likeable already at least
Apr 4, 11:09 AM

Apr 2021
I love hirasaka yomi's works so i had some expectations. And yeah i doesn't seem bad
Apr 4, 11:10 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Aversa
I am surprised Livia didn't get arrested being covered in blood like that or bathing in the river.
So far this seems nice but it's hard to judge yet it will probably have some awkward scenes as well but for now it was pretty ok.
Still the fiction about detectives already gave Sara some pretty strange ideas.
Aversa said:
maybe that homeless dude did
Who knows
Apr 4, 11:12 AM

Jul 2020
wow this was actually really good, very funny and the characters aren't annoying. I'm glad I decided to look past the cover and give it a try
Apr 4, 12:08 PM
Sep 2015
I'm waiting for a salad bowl to appear.
Apr 4, 12:50 PM

Jan 2016
Mom, can we have Hinamatsuri?
We have Hinamatsuri at home.
Hinamatsuri at home:

The characters are so much more likeable so I' looking forward to this series.
Apr 4, 1:18 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this is one I’ve been looking forward to, just based on the creator’s past works. Both Haganai and Imouto Sae Ireba Ii. were very fun to keep up with, and by the looks of this so far, it might continue the tradition.

Princess’s face when first having the premium beef was hilarious. Some quality m artist moves earlier too, lol. Can’t say I hate the idea of having an isekai’d person enjoying some of the Otaku culture, right?

Meanwhile, the knight and her homeless chronicles will be a treat to watch, I just know it. Hopefully, we get to see that side of the story more often too. Before eventually loafing off in the same place.

Oh, that was an entertaining Op! Definitely going to add it to my playlist. ED was pretty good too, especially the visuals.

Sasaki to Pii-chan’s successful successor? Let’s hope so!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 1:21 PM

Jun 2016
I hope it's not another disguised tourist advertising (for Gifu city) like Dosanko Gal was for Kitami. XD
Apr 4, 1:36 PM

Mar 2021
I really liked it, I think it's a Tad low budget BUT it feels like Hinamatsuri 2 and I loved the goofy humor and ideals that show brought on. I feel like we are going to get the same homeless story line as well!

Apr 4, 1:38 PM

Oct 2017
Haganai LN ending had me traumatised so still on the fence about this one.
Apr 4, 1:57 PM
Apr 2022
fun anime I like it
Apr 4, 2:12 PM

Jun 2016
Lighthearted and funny, I'll watch it, both Sara and Livia are adorable, Livia is hot too (and with MAO voice <3 ).
Apr 4, 2:30 PM
May 2023
Sara is super adorable so surely I'll enjoy this. Love how she adjusted and loves the internet and such idk jusg love it. Seems this'll be a fun one.
Apr 4, 3:14 PM

Apr 2020
Is this just a knock-off Hinamatsuri? It's the same idea but the execution is so much worse lol
I have committed war crimes in Yugoslavia
Apr 4, 3:27 PM

May 2019
When I was browsing the spring lineup I noticed that this one had character designs very similar to Sasaki and Peeps. And after watching this episode it also had other similarities although it's now 2 girls that arrived to modern Japan with one of them living with the MMC and the other girl being homeless for now.

I liked the humorous bits and silliness of this episode. Sara is a cutie that has quickly gotten accustomed to living in modern Japan and even her assistant, lovely Livia, has quickly gotten used to being homeless and collecting cans, eccentrics indeed.
Apr 4, 4:03 PM

Nov 2016
Being compared to Conan isn't fair. There's no way so many mystery murders or other exciting cases with 3 suspects on a daily basis could happen in any other world. That is not to say that our detective's world didn't get more exciting all of a sudden.

A goofy reverse isekai that reminds me a bit of Hinamatsuri.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 4:51 PM

Nov 2013
lmao best girl of the season, easy :D

i dont like detective anime, but an isekaied princess bringing chaos to Earth is sure to be a delight, and as expected, i loved every second
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 4, 5:05 PM

Nov 2014
its a weird show but not overtly weird
Apr 4, 5:35 PM

Aug 2015
Seems like a Hinamatsuri clone. I like the main girl so far though, we'll see how it compares.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 4, 5:48 PM

Jun 2013
Weird name, weird OP
Looks fun
Apr 4, 6:19 PM
May 2023
It was a lot better than I expected it to be when I picked it out for the season. The animation looks good and ost sounds good and it might be worth a couple of laughs.
Apr 4, 6:30 PM

Sep 2018
That was a lot of fun, I was thinking spiritual successor of Cop Craft, but I suppose Hinamatsuri is closer, especially concerning how comedic it is.

Love how precise and to the point the writing was with questioning and logic, answers or at least reasonable explanations almost immediately, regarding this set up.
Apr 4, 6:34 PM

Mar 2016
This looks like the unrecognized son of Hinamatsuri and Sasaki and Peeps, or at least this one is actually funny. Yeah, start good enough to keep me interested on it.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 4, 6:48 PM
Jun 2021
I thought this one was very cute!

First, the op was very creative!

The animation isn’t anything super special, but I really like the art style and character designs of Sara and Livia.

I liked the main character being a private detective, you don’t see that very often in a reverse isekai like this.

Overall, I can tell this one isn’t going to be anything amazing, but I’m committed to watching more anyway! I think this one will be an enjoyable watch.

I would give this first episode a 7/10.
Apr 4, 8:10 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode! Private detective Sousuke got princess Sara, as cute as capable, as a gift literally from the sky... how much will his life change?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 4, 8:43 PM

Jul 2014
Hey this was better than I expected. For starters I already love the OP, which I didn't expect to show literal salads lol. And I remember these character designs from Imouto Sae, it just popped into my head haha.

Sara is cute and funny (not a reference to Blue Archive, I swear). And Livia is quite the fun character too, plus she's hot and brings the fanservice, which was nice. Also, the poor girl went from knight to homeless although she seems to have the knack for it xD. Both she and Sara are quite capable and get used quite easily.

Pretty fun first episode and I'm already looking forward to the next one!
Apr 4, 9:32 PM

Jan 2017
I would watch this anime even if it was the biggest pile of trash imaginable, simply because Sara is so cute, but thankfully, the show itself is quite fun too.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 4, 9:42 PM
Nov 2018
I wish there were more isekai like this, where instead of a normal person being transported to a fantasy world, its viversa. May as well add it to the long list of weekly anime im watching this season. Season is an absolute banger
Apr 4, 10:06 PM

Nov 2023
Another slice of life with romcom element in it.

Well, the start is good. Will watch it further.

Sora X Sosuke is good paired detectives. ^o^
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 4, 10:07 PM
Jul 2020
Certainly better than Sasaki and Peeps, like a middle school aged girl having hots for the old guy with a pet bird is so weird and probably the author was just fantasizing pathetic shit
Apr 4, 10:20 PM

Jun 2023
Imouto sae Ireba Ii. and Haganai? Two great light novels and now a third one gets an anime adaptation
Apr 4, 10:47 PM

Jul 2019
A foreign middle school aged girl falls in his lap, first thing he does is put her in a mini skirt. 10/10 truly a man of culture.

Apr 4, 10:53 PM

Jan 2008
Between the isekai in the modern world with a detective backdrop and the funny female knight that's living the homeless life, I think I'm going to enjoy this series, as it's off to a great start. Nothing will fill the void that Frieren left on Fridays, but there's no complaints of this series from me (yet?). At any rate, it looks like a nice slice of life anime.
Apr 4, 11:15 PM

Jul 2019
I was afraid Sara was going to be annoyingly bratty but she's actually lovable bratty.

Apr 4, 11:32 PM
Mar 2021
bagus enak di liat lucu dan imut
Apr 5, 2:36 AM

Nov 2023
It was definitely an interesting start. I would say it was pretty decent.

It has a strange OP, and the characters aren't bad either. It seems like it'll be a fun detective anime.
Apr 5, 2:59 AM
Feb 2024
Reverse Isekai...how I miss thee...

This looks good. Definitely going to watch.
Apr 5, 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
This one is very good, although the pacing was lightning fast in this one.
It's very similar to Hinamatsuri. Loli with superpowers is crashing on MC's house and they live together. Other one comes after her, but ends up homeless.
Fanservice is also there. Liked the fishing scene and jiggle physics at the end.
PiromyslApr 5, 5:27 AM

Apr 5, 4:47 AM

Dec 2022
Finally a kid that isn’t a nuisance every second, she got me hooked to the show.

Apr 5, 8:14 AM

Aug 2022
Sara da Odin, who came to earth from another world along with her servant, Livia de Udis.

Not yet understanding what they want to do here, but Sara meets Sousuke and then starts hanging out with him. And Sara will be more involved with Sousuke in the future. This looks like it's going to be fun.

RafaBryanApr 5, 8:22 AM
Apr 5, 8:46 AM
Sep 2022
most underrated show this season
Apr 5, 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
This looks like it could be a fun watch.

Expecting the girl to get kidnapped at some point though.
Apr 5, 9:17 AM

Aug 2017
Sara is such a brat and Livia the new Anzu :p

Not bad, characters seems to my liking so far, but still curious what direction the show will take, it seems something wholesome and has a comedy tag, so I get those Hinamatsuri comparisons.
Apr 5, 9:52 AM
Nov 2022
A reverse isekai, these tend to be a little more interesting than normal isekai, I'm going to give it a chance to see how the story develops.
Apr 5, 12:23 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Ryushindai
Mom, can we have Hinamatsuri?
We have Hinamatsuri at home.
Hinamatsuri at home:

The characters are so much more likeable so I' looking forward to this series.
@Ryushindai Yeah my first thought when finishing episode 1 was this had some parallels to Hinamatsuri.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

46 by HanamiDango »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9

35 by LuisSV23 »»
Yesterday, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

79 by Snowchan2 »»
Yesterday, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25

39 by Takata »»
May 19, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2

45 by GooseHybrid »»
May 16, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.