Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 3, 2023 8:48 AM
Jul 2023
Naofumi must kill someone. He has a lot of anger and you never know where he will explode.
Nov 3, 2023 9:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Motoyasu is in decadence!!!
Great prize!!!
kekeke
Nov 3, 2023 2:59 PM

Jun 2015
Hang on tight and stay close to me Filo
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 3, 2023 5:15 PM

Jan 2017
I thought Motoyasu's the only one from the 4 Cardinal Heroes who's kinda dumb, but seems like Ren fits the bill too. Fuck Myne seriously
Nov 3, 2023 7:59 PM
Dec 2021
This episode touched my heart so hard <3 when Filo-chan rescues the spearman from the abyss; oh how nice to see that her singing was able to get him out of there in the blink of an eye. I'm sure it would save me just the same. Too bad the hero with the spear found out the fakery the hard way. Great episode.
Nov 3, 2023 8:11 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to RedChrome
@StrikerLife Damn the bitch is back
@RedChrome It seems that she always manages to get ahead
Nov 3, 2023 8:12 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to DoisacChopper
sort of becoming midly more interesting here, lol.

FIIILLOOOO-TANN!!!
@DoisacChopper <3 so true! By the way, great screenshot!
Nov 3, 2023 8:15 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to cjlouotaku416
That B**CH! She's doing that again! 🤬🤬🤬

History repeats itself.
@cjlouotaku416 history repeats itself. Somehow managed to play her role impressively well.
Nov 3, 2023 8:17 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Rinrinka
Oh dear, what an episode....

First we see Motoyasu who lives like a hobo and even abandoned by Bitch.
Second we have Ren who stupidly believed Bitch's words even after what she had done in the past, I really thought Ren was a decent guy at least.
third we suddenly see Filo's idol performance singing out of the blue, so random, and as expected that triggered Motoyasu's mental cure.
...and finally the funniest one is Motoyasu suddenly called Naofumi father, I was surprised :D
Rinrinka said:
third we suddenly see Filo's idol performance singing out of the blue, so random, and as expected that triggered Motoyasu's mental cure.

I loved Filo-chan idol scene. If I had to pick the best scene of the episode, it's definitely that one <3.
Nov 3, 2023 8:29 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to DGDShadowMemoria
Everything else is fine until 'Bitch' came here ruining the moment for Ren and Naofumi.
Now Moyatasu finally open his eyes so he will not become a jerk towards Naofumi again.
DGDShadowMemoria said:
Everything else is fine until 'Bitch' came here ruining the moment for Ren and Naofumi.

Totally, I didn't expect it at all.
DGDShadowMemoria said:
Now Moyatasu finally open his eyes so he will not become a jerk towards Naofumi again.

But in return, we get good news <3.
Nov 3, 2023 8:31 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to GawrGura007
@DoisacChopper srsly , im not approve Motoyasu getting close to filo or even hug her. If i'm tht Naofumi , i'll beat his ass for sure .
GawrGura007 said:
srsly , im not approve Motoyasu getting close to filo or even hug her. If i'm tht Naofumi , i'll beat his ass for sure .

You're right haha, for a moment I forgot everything the spearman did. But we are kind, and we can gradually accept his forgiveness. I hope so.
Nov 6, 2023 9:19 AM

Oct 2008
Motoyasu has lost it and an absolute friggin' ridiculous retard lolicon who goes for our precious Filo-tan! oh man he even called Raphtalia a racoon Pig, that's absolutely disrespectful!
and oh! Matly i mean BITCHI needs to die right now! she's beyond cancer!
5/5.

Nov 7, 2023 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
Not sure now which of the Heroes is more braindead, the sword or the spear one.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 9, 2023 8:29 AM

Mar 2010
Damn I can't lie I know how dat spear hero lad feels, but too bad for him; me and filo are getting married.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 9, 2023 11:50 PM

Jul 2017
So, the Spear Hero Motoyasu is still alive as well as Myne, and Queen Melromarc wants Naofumi to convince him, it's going to be a hard road.

Things in Eclair are going fine, though the battle with the Phoenix is arriving soon, and Naofumi and Co. will have to get ready for it. S'yne makes a return being the Murder Clown, though it's hard to win Naofumi's trust if he's ever betrayed just once. With that, Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo does their trading business as per usual, though they need to find the Cardinal Heroes fast. One of Motoyasu's adventurers of Elena has to take over the family business, so she's on her own, which barring being seen by Naofumi, escapes while he can. What Elena knows is of the Spirit Tortoise episode where Motoyasu was trying to defeat it before Naofumi did, but we all know that already of the Spirit Tortoise's powers.

Even the Sword Hero Ren is located in a nearby tavern, leaving the girls to get Motoyasu. As expected, the Spirit Tortoise laid barren to their forces, and as much as Naofumi wants to reconcile, Myne is back to her old habits again just like from the beginning, but the noticeable difference being that her slave stamp is gone. It's painfully clear that Myne is breaking the Heroes apart, and sadly, Ren has not seen the reality yet, as much as Motoyasu does. But to think that Motoyasu's next savior turned out to be Filo performing a dance for the people as a Humming Fairy, it's time to return back to Eclair...with Motoyasu smitten to Filo.

Motoyasu is just as useless then, and is now.
Nov 10, 2023 7:59 PM
Jan 2021
So Ren’s comrades have all died, man that must be a tough thing to deal with.

Why the hell did the murder clown come over and try to get some food?! Why did she think that she was welcome in the village?! Nah bro we’re not having that, and I understand why Naofumi kicked her out. I’m glad that Naofumi has people to count on to run the village, and hopefully he finds someone who can do the cooking for him as well because the kids are NEEDY.

Finding Motoyasu was easier than I expected and why did he immediately run off?

More importantly, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WTIH REN?! Firstly, he’s delusional if he thinks that he isn’t to blame for his comrades all being dead. Secondly, WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO BITCH WHEN THERE WAS A WHOLE TRIAL THAT PROVED SHE’S A LYING… well you know… BITCH! Either she hit him with some kind of magic or Ren is just too far in denial that he’s accepting all the bullshit she feeds him. Motoyasu comes over and gets the same treatment that Naofumi got from the beginning of the series and I’m wondering how Bitch got her slave crest off.

Motoyasu snapped out of it after seeing Filo and what was that about getting Naofumi’s blessing. Bro you’re the most incompetent of the three stooges, HELL NAH BRO!

Will we get to see Itsuki in the next episode? I guess we’ll have to wait to find out…
Nov 12, 2023 1:25 PM
Jan 2017
In just a brief moment, this episode reached the sweet greatness from season 1. The confrontation at the tavern was easily the best part of the episode. We get to see how much Naofumi has grown since season 1 (screw you, season 2!) and that Malty is still the manipulative bitch we love to hate.

Ren, one of the least developed characters in the show, finally experiences some measure of growth, as he is forced to face the consecuences of his actions, and Motoyasu... well, he is the butt of a joke. Again. Seriously, his character development got sacrificed just so that Ren could get the big dramatic moment of this episode.

I'm liking this season, so far. It's hard to say, at this point, whether Rising of the Shield will get back its season 1 levels of fame, but right now, it's going on the right direction.
Nov 12, 2023 3:38 PM
Jun 2020
naofumi shoulda have just ended both those pieces of shut. even with liberation reducing his, Filo, and raphtalia's stats. there isn't a single one of the three stooges that could square up against shields party minus rishia. Ands let's be brutally honest, even without raphtalia or filo fighting by his side, naofumi wouldn't be defeated even if the other 3 heroes all jumped him at this point. Ren is such a scrub, getting his skill blocked by naofumis standard shield like a loser. fitoria should just make them disappear at this point because they aren't anywhere good enough to help and are consistently getting in the way. oh how I wished for a little iron maiden action for both bitch and ren.
Nov 13, 2023 12:35 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to MadanielFL
I like how all the heroes are still written like they only have two brain cells...

Motoyasu watching Filo's idol performance was too much for his lolicon heart...
MadanielFL said:
I like how all the heroes are still written like they only have two brain cells...

That's because they want Edge Lord no Yuusha to stand out more. Shield supremacy and all. Everyone knows hard times make hard men. The 3 show offs had it easy since their previous owners were bad asses and the Shield was a wimp. Now the Tank has brains and the DPS users don't. The Tank is the best leader this round.

We all know Shield was ALSO a loser too though. Not just the other 3. Easy to forget about his time on Earth huh? He was a low life loser who did nothing but play games, and he got lucky getting power so easily. He's horrible with people but has 2 literal slaves who help him not completely fall to his dark side. He has a demon that has possessed him and has anger issues. But I like him a lot, he's a refreshingly flawed hero that solves problems with anger, strategy, and wits. He sticks to his choices like a man should, like telling little miss murder clown to take a hike. The other heroes haven't went through enough hardship like Naofumi has and became grown mature men. I think they will get there though.

Anyways, as much as I like Filo, her song was so random and out of place. Somehow I think Spearman never grew up and realized he's a grown man in love with a literal child. Must be his inner okatu. I really do miss Turtle lady, it continues to sting me knowing she's gone. The Whale onee san trope is meh.
Raven_WingzNov 13, 2023 12:40 AM
Nov 13, 2023 8:06 AM

Jan 2021
The writing of the other Hero characters in this series is incredibly poor and continues in the same fashion with a repeated low IQ arc of believing the obvious liar that has only ever lied and done nothing else with no reason what so ever to believe a single thing she says which we have already seen in the first season.

Even an average 5 year old would have more self awareness than them.
Nov 14, 2023 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Sound the lolicon alarm lol
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 18, 2023 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
Motoyasu's a bit of an idiot, but my lolicon heart allows me to forgive him a little bit.

Also, I don't know if Bitch is a master manipulator, or if the other heroes are just stupid. Literally all of the evidence is stacked against her and she still has the others going to bat for her.

Nov 20, 2023 8:49 AM
Oct 2021
This episode was the best one yet. That dark atmosphere and tone in the middle was perfect for my taste. But I kinda feel bad for the author tho, I don't know if he can beat the pedo allegations but his attempts at making a fantasy world is bound to wound up sickos who don't get the idea of fantasy in their thick skulls.

But on a more serious note tho, why is mans being like that, she's a kid for gods' sake🤦🏿‍♂️

I really enjoyed this episode. Hopefully the lore, pacing, dialogue and animation continue to pick up after this episode.
Dec 5, 2023 5:16 PM

Aug 2017
What being a simp does to a motherfucker

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Dec 6, 2023 9:29 PM

May 2015
I had forgotten the Spear hero was a lolicon lmao
Dec 26, 2023 6:07 PM

Feb 2009
idk how people defend this terrible writing and the way the author just keeps trying to shove his favorite dumb clown heroes down our throat, the entire farce is completely unbelievable. You can't even blame Malty anymore with how obvious it all is. Naofumi is to blame as well for letting her get away with it and continuing to work for the people who take advantage of him. He's honestly not much better than the others with how he just keeps on letting everyone step all over him.

Take good note and don't be like Naofumi. You'll never be happy in life if all you do is follow what someone says and can't think for yourself. Sometimes you need to step away and let people clean up their own mess instead of doing some thankless job.
Dec 27, 2023 1:13 PM
Aug 2020
Ok what the flying F were those last 5 minutes of the episode?
Dec 28, 2023 7:50 PM
Dec 2014
This is getting ridiculous with Myne..
Dec 29, 2023 3:53 AM
Mar 2019
Spear hero literally uohhh'd 😭😭😭
Jan 1, 6:27 PM
Jun 2012
While the fighting monologuing is the low point of this series.

Ie I FWD'd through almost 3-5min of it.

Entirely unnecessary. But... Likely source canon.

So I don't hold it against this production.

However the episode ended on a high note.

With Spear boi foregoing the pleasures of the flesh.

Seeking a pure life as an idol otaku. Worshipping the singing chicken.
Jan 6, 3:19 AM
Mar 2016
This comment is for episode 3. I do it here because there are no episode 3 discussion (correct me if I'm wrong but I dont see it).
I'm sry everyone that I can no longer rate this anime 8/10 like the way I did with Season 1. unfortunately, the canon story is starting to disappoint me and the author is holding back with that crappy again. I guess this is why I love Arifureta better. I love that it's killed or be killed. Use Evil against evil. torture the villain or antagonist to death if they don't pay for what they did Or not hestitate to kill. In this season 3 I started to hate it when at episode 3 she only cut his armor instead of you know she could do more than that. And in Arifureta, normally what I hear right now is "who care about some nobleman I'll kill anyone who going to get in my way. Doesn't matter if it is god we're dealing". I don't see the bastard who enslave Raph getting hurt I'm not satisfied. All I see is his armor being cut. Wait why this season is so Childish. wait don't tell me we go back from intense story to childish story now.
This is my personal taste and opinion to speak out loud here. No need to reply negative if you don't like this comment. But one thing for certain that it not worth 8/10 from me like the way I did with season 1. -1 point from 8/10 for this season. wait I changed my mind it's -2 points. I don't rate 9 or higher out of 10 unless that anime have to be in my taste or it have to reach the intense level and quality as Jujutsu Kaisen.
Jan 7, 10:53 AM
Jul 2023
StrikerLife said:
She Stupid Bitch...

but you need to remember, the hero is stupider 🤣
Jan 13, 7:20 PM

Dec 2020
All the new money they got went into the filo dance song lmao

At this point myne doesn't even need to try. She can say whatever she wants cause the other three are so stupid. BUT Ren is riddled with guilt and doesn't know how to process and if I'm not mistaken they said he was still a kid still like 16/17. But like c'mon lol
Jan 29, 9:30 PM

Jul 2008
Are you fraking kidding me?!?!? The other heroes really just keep buying the same shit?!?!?

Pathetic is too good a term for them....
Feb 1, 9:29 PM

Feb 2021
Lol, the Lance Hero still love loli XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 29, 9:18 PM
Aug 2021
loved Filo's song and dance for many reasons. character growth, cute, significance in spear boi story, etc.
Mar 19, 11:37 AM
Mar 2021
Wtf did I just watch? Episode couldn't be any worse, and it had such a great start. Honestly, I expected them all to team up, but instead, they still keep other cardinal hero to be as dumb as possible. I really thought they will finally give some screen time to other heroes and make them more likable, but instead, they decided just to bring more hate on them from viewers. Terrible episode, feels like a filler, especially with that ending, which absolutely doesn't up to anything happening prior to it
Apr 7, 7:47 PM

Feb 2021
The other heroes are so pathetic, even after all that’s happened they haven’t changed or learned a thing at all. Ren especially pissed me off with his dumbassery. How the fuck does he take Malty’s side? Dude is not right in the head.
Apr 14, 4:45 AM
Aug 2020
the first season was good because it had survival, evolution and carried the seriousness of a brutal and bloody medieval era
now it has become a cute and happy common shonen, is this the same anime?
Apr 24, 8:36 AM

Apr 2013
So after two full seasons... we're still stuck with Bitch deceiving people after all the shit she pulled and got exposed for it. C'mon, can't the author think of something new?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

95 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.