Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 7, 2010 12:56 AM

Oct 2009
jpop and metal.
Jun 7, 2010 1:04 AM

Jan 2010
In MY experience.. it would be screamo fans... It might just be the ones around here..
Then there is country fans... not all bad... but "Gimme my beer, and some mud on my truck!" Has popped up quite a few times in my area. XD It gets really annoying...
but I guess I really dont mind any of them all that much..

Jun 7, 2010 2:20 PM
Dec 2009
Sigh.

Classic Rock fans are indeed annoying.
Jun 7, 2010 2:35 PM
Jun 7, 2010 11:29 PM

Feb 2010
Rap fanatics are generally horrid. Apart from fancying songs teeming with racial slurs, repugnant words, and mentions of revolting sexual behaviors, they dress with shirts clearly too large for them and pull their trousers down until the waistline is at their knees. I, for one, do not want to catch a glimpse of their underpants!
The words they use are just as uncivil and insolent! If I recall correctly, a couple of them insultingly called me a "boob" and "nancy-boy". The nerve!
drivelJun 7, 2010 11:43 PM
Jun 7, 2010 11:55 PM

Apr 2008
I'm pretty sure most genres have equally as bad fans. Really it's anyone who's extreme.
Jun 8, 2010 6:15 AM

Dec 2007
Those hipster rock fans. More kind of alternative/indie/progressive rock. Pretty much anyone that knows and likes Pitchfork. They are pretty much the worst part of music b/c if you don't like their music then you're an idiot to them with no taste.
Sep 30, 2010 12:33 AM

Apr 2010
Rock genre of songs.
Oct 1, 2010 7:55 AM

Sep 2010
lol, does American rap suck that much?

I actually like rap, through I never listened to American rap.

“We’re making a slalom through retards everyday/ In a small dirty world just like you know it/ The idiots seem produced artificially/ Since there are so damn many and have no sickness at all.”

Does liking that type of rap make me a idiot as well? :D
"In Romania the wife needs to tolerate her husband. The husband needs to tolerate his wife. Their house being a house of tolerance."

"Does something like this write in there?"

"Posibly, how am I supposed to know?"
Oct 1, 2010 1:59 PM

Jul 2010
Soundtrack said:
Yeah classic rock people can be pretty annoying. All they do is bitch about today's bands.
+1 really true on what your sayin' I support you :P

Oct 1, 2010 3:54 PM

Sep 2010
I personally hate anyone who listens to all this shitty ass newer bands that suck monkey scrotum (except the NWOTH and NWOTHM),and Metallifags, all the do is say Metallica is the best band ever and Enter Sandman is the best song ever. No Metallica sucked after
And Justice and Enter Sandman and The Album and after are mainstream and suck./rant
Now, count up your sins!
Oct 1, 2010 4:23 PM

Feb 2010
miley cyrus, Justin beaver.
nuff said
Oct 1, 2010 4:47 PM

May 2010
astronomical said:
I'm pretty sure most genres have equally as bad fans. Really it's anyone who's extreme.

agreed
Oct 1, 2010 5:07 PM

Jan 2010
Indie, crunkcore, and whatever the fuck genre ICP is in.
Oct 1, 2010 5:08 PM

Apr 2010
Whatever music is corrupting the white people of America.

Oct 1, 2010 5:18 PM

Sep 2010
Oh god, all of them.
I think this goes for just about anything, the extremists ruin it for everyone else.
Oct 2, 2010 6:18 AM

Feb 2008
Metal fans are annoying as all hell.
Oct 2, 2010 12:04 PM

May 2008
NSBM, RAC and Hatecore
Oct 2, 2010 4:17 PM

Sep 2010
Metal and classic rock
Oct 2, 2010 4:33 PM

Sep 2010
Everyone has their super-fans, and I'm not sure who would be the worst... I guess hardcore polka fans? I don't like the genre. =P
Oct 2, 2010 4:47 PM
Jun 2010
Pop fans, hip hop fans, and black metal fans r the worst!!!!

/thread
Oct 2, 2010 9:38 PM

Aug 2010
bribriHEARTS said:
Oh god, all of them.
I think this goes for just about anything, the extremists ruin it for everyone else.

Definitely this. Every genre has the terrible fans who hate people because they don't like the same things they like. It's really ridiculous, yes, but nothing is going to change so we might want to get used to it. That's why I don't tell people at my school what I listen to because I don't want to hear crap from them. I don't care what anyone listens to, I just know what I like to listen to.
Oct 3, 2010 12:41 AM

May 2008
Onitenshi said:
NSBM, RAC and Hatecore

You'll ironically find a lot of people who listen to those genres just to be open minded who aren't racist at all. I know a man who listens to almost exclusively Rock and Communism and Streetpunk even, who has a Korean girlfriend.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 3, 2010 2:14 AM

May 2008
ukonkivi said:
Onitenshi said:
NSBM, RAC and Hatecore

You'll ironically find a lot of people who listen to those genres just to be open minded who aren't racist at all. I know a man who listens to almost exclusively Rock and Communism and Streetpunk even, who has a Korean girlfriend.

I know people myself who just listen to NSBM because of the music and not because of the ideology, but these are just exceptions.
The generic mass of fans is not interested in music, they have nothing to do with BM and will listen to any shit as long as a Hakenkreuz is on the CD-cover...
Oct 3, 2010 8:34 AM
Mar 2010
mostly indie, or 'hard-metal' or old rock shit.
they think they're so hardcore i want to punch them.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Oct 3, 2010 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
i would actually say black/death metal fans... no, not for the stereotypes the OP listed at all. and not because i just don't like the genre. but because out of all the genre fans i've encountered... they seem to be the most stuck-up and elitist about their music. they look down on anyone who listens to nu metal and think their tastes in bands are the best. i just dislike people like this in general; you're bound to run into people who have different tastes than you in things like music, just accept they do instead of arguing that they're stupid for liking what they like. i'm on a forum that has a metal subforum and it's known for being the most stuck-up of all the forums.
i know not all of them are like that, one of my close friends is a huge black/death metal fan and is very respectful when it comes to different music tastes.. but i've just noticed black/death metal have the most fans like this.
removed-userOct 3, 2010 10:03 AM
Oct 3, 2010 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Absolutely bands like Tokio Hotel, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, My Chemical Romance, Hannah Montana etc. You know those so-called 'teen bands'.

I hate screaming fan girls so much. " OMG Justin Bieber is so cool blah blaaah"

Oct 3, 2010 1:20 PM

Sep 2008
Justin Bieber fans.....
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 3, 2010 7:56 PM

May 2010
Jigero said:
Justin Bieber fans.....

Yeah. With something like that though - you have to wonder if you can even really call it being a 'music' fan as opposed to being a fan of the whole packaged product Disney has thrown at the world.

I think the internet and all that has just made extreme, obsessive fan behaviour much more common for everyone. Especially younger audiences.

Like a lot of people - I'd say any music fan of any genre who is way too hardcore and negative about other genres is the worst.

On a personal level though - I'm kind of friends with people in the hipster scene. Sometimes my urge to smack the large glasses and oversized cardigans off those people is just extreme. People differ individually sure but my GOD I've encountered some rude, highly judgemental people in that crowd.
Oct 3, 2010 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
AC/DC fans who think they're god once they can play Thunderstruck on guitar.
Oct 4, 2010 2:29 AM

Dec 2007
Regardless of which genre they listen to, elitist fans are the worst.

Other than that the hardcore kids and their flying kicks.

Bangyaru, and their obsessive behaviour.

Emo and screamo kids, and how they try to act as if the bands they listen to are so underground and skilled, not even realizing that said bands are pretty much based on image alone, just like idolgroups and visual kei.

Fans of bands like Brokencyde, Breathe Carolina and what not. The fans are mostly emo and screamo kids, but they're so annoying that they deserve to be mentioned again.

Fans of any genre who can't think for themselves. Just because a band is from a certain country, has a certain image, or plays a certain genre - regardless of how the music is - will be instantly thought to be cool. It's especially bad where I live, it pisses me off so much.

And last but not least, wiggas and all the gangstas.
yakisobapanOct 4, 2010 9:32 AM
Oct 4, 2010 7:46 AM

Mar 2008
I used to dislike rap pretty strongly. After listening to a wider variety of tracks it occurred to me that a fair amount of it is good music (though it's riddled with shit like any other genre), it's just the large retarded following that gives it such a bad name. Similarly most elitists as said before really can kill a genre if they act like idiots (which is bound to happen). Fans themselves are fun as hell though, nothing beats a concert where you see that one crazed drunk guy doing stupid shit (or are that crazed drunk guy doing stupid shit if you want), totally makes the whole thing a better experience.
ZanberOct 4, 2010 7:53 AM
Oct 4, 2010 10:18 AM
Apr 2009
probably some sorta glam metal... :P followed closely by the whole "indie scene" (poor people who think not signing to a record is considered a genre need to fuck off)

I really like metal as music, but alot of the fans are annoying at best... although nothing is worst than a poser in the underground scene... I mean, I am hardly trying to be elitest here, but people looking for avante stuff should actually be interested in it, not just browsing it trying to look cool...
Oct 4, 2010 12:40 PM

Apr 2008
I think every genre of fans are awful. I mean go read any of the comment sections of last.fm all I see is hate between everyone.
Oct 4, 2010 8:26 PM

Sep 2010
Rap fans are generally pretty obnoxious. I don't have a problem with rap music, but the genre's retarded fanbase is a little hard to ignore.

Metalheads are pretty embarrassing.
Oct 4, 2010 8:35 PM

Jun 2010
The people that like every genre and diss others that prefer one genre over the other. Always saying that they are embarassing just because they are more outspoke over the music they like.
Oct 5, 2010 3:21 PM

Feb 2010
I don't find it amusing how people lump all of the fans together..

Oct 5, 2010 5:00 PM
Mar 2009
Deathcore, just got to hate those 'hardcore' kids.
Oct 5, 2010 5:35 PM

Apr 2009
korean pop fans
Oct 5, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2010
Blade_Works said:
korean pop fans

Oh god, don't even get me started...haha.
Oct 6, 2010 7:49 AM

Jan 2010
suzy223 said:
Blade_Works said:
korean pop fans

That, god lord, just that.

My friend is a mad crazy K-pop fan, and she just won't shut up about SHINee and Big Bang! She wants to move to Korea (South, obv) because she wants to meet the members one day. She's trying to learn Korean (she's really failing at it). Is she a weeaboo in this case, or is there a different word for it if you're heavily into K-pop?

Shes a koreaboo. I personally can't stand any K-pop except for SNSD. I just don't think i like the language much.
Oct 13, 2010 1:28 PM
Sep 2010
Thing is I view music as an all-encompassing language that should bring people together. But the divisions are ridiculous. I'm a huge classic rock fan... but I don't go around like "oh god what the hell this old band used to be so good in the 1980s and now their newest album completely sucks". I also detest classical music elitists... Had a music subject teacher like that when I was in school. He played 'O Fortuna' to see just how much classical stuff we knew. This girl went: "oh, I know that one, they use it on the TV a lot!" and he actually snapped at her saying she should have known it was O Fortuna. =.= Thing is, I don't really care about music. Well I do, but I don't care about the music industry or any of the people... you know?
Oct 13, 2010 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
Whatever "genre" you want to put Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cirus, and all the other Disney fags in.
Oct 13, 2010 7:58 PM
Jun 2010
Bob Marley fans, not reggae, but Bob Marley's fans. 95% of his fans are "pot-heads" who think his music is amazing and that smoking weed every day will have no detrimental effects on your life, at all.

I guess it doesn't help that I am biased towards Bob Marley himself as I hate his music because it all generally sounds the same and is so stupid.
Oct 13, 2010 8:07 PM

May 2010
rock fans, heavy metal, K-pop, country!
Oct 14, 2010 4:27 AM
Jul 2009
Juggalos, they are in a class of idiocracy. Lower then Christianity.
Oct 14, 2010 7:04 AM

Aug 2010
alexcampos said:
Whatever "genre" you want to put Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cirus, and all the other Disney fags in.

Off-topic but damn, I miss the time Disney wasn't all about retarded teenage singers. Stop tainting my childhood, you bastards.
Oct 16, 2010 11:27 AM

Aug 2009
@up: I agree, the hell.

@topic: Techno, people, techno. Plauge in here.
Oct 16, 2010 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
The "world music" genre, those hippies are always starting riots and exploding cars and giving away dream-catchers. They must be stopped.
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2010 3:05 AM

Sep 2009
rap and emo. tie I'd say. But I only like anime j-pop lawl
Tondemonai Fansubs
http://tondemonaifs.wordpress.com/
Big bag of loli desktop accessories
http://brigade.baka-wolf.com/showthread.php?t=15413

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.