Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this season took off right away and Barbie didn't look in the best of mood. Seems she has a hard time trusting anyone especially Emilico. She and Kate seems to remain relatively the same with their personalities this season so far.

A very thrilling episode for the series' return imo. Not only do we have all the cast back but Barbie already has a prominent role.
Jul 8, 2022 8:30 AM

Jul 2017
The return of Shadows House, with the Living Dolls and their Shadow masters, as well as adding what the anime lost with the significant manga character that was left out of Season 1 last Spring.

ReoNa did Season 1's memorable ED, and this time, helms Season 2's OP that sounds playful.

Getting back into the nitty-gritty, this is clear for the events post-Garden Labyrinth and the Debut arc, and a good recap with Emilico and Co, while things within the Shadows House gets more convoluted with the Shadows and the Adults (mostly with Edward who's been indicted for what happened with Season 1's original ending)...and Emilico is the same bubbly Sunshine we all know and love.

Continuing on with the manga's adaptation (Chapters 49 & 50, essentially the leftouts of Season 1), the Shadows (who've come of age) getting a Soot training class from Star Bearer Susanna with Kate, John and Louise to impress Lord Grandfather. And I almost forgot that John is overzealous of being Kate's fiancée lols. The Living Dolls with Emilico, Shaun and Lou awaiting their masters in a separate room, but Kate almost found trouble with Suzanna as a teacher teaching them about handling soot...almost with that letter that she slipped onto John.

But man, the Star Bearer Barbie is still that character who's had complete control over her Shadow Barbara, serving 60% of the Shadows House's need or soot, yelp...looks like we're gonna dive into their backstory of how Barbie turned from someone like Emilico to her gratifying state.

What a return to form.
KANLen09Jul 8, 2022 10:00 PM
Jul 8, 2022 9:02 AM

Jun 2019
not yet aired on gogoanime 💀
Jul 8, 2022 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
CielIsAWeeb said:
not yet aired on gogoanime 💀
It's on Crunchyroll
Jul 8, 2022 9:14 AM
Jun 2021
seanmk said:
Can't play it on Crunchyroll? Comes up saying Season 2 isn't available? Anyone else getting this?

yeah it's not on crunchyroll for me either :( i want to watch so bad
Jul 8, 2022 9:20 AM

Jul 2011
Barbie is on another level over everyone else, do some crazy CQC and have more authority than most Shadows.

Suzie is so beautiful even with those scary crazy eyes.

Barbie gone from, Barbie to Punished Barbie over her time as Face. But she is still cute.
Jul 8, 2022 9:24 AM
Jun 2021
MadanielFL said:
seanmk said:
Can't play it on Crunchyroll? Comes up saying Season 2 isn't available? Anyone else getting this?

leviaqt said:

yeah it's not on crunchyroll for me either :( i want to watch so bad

Aniplex shows arrive 90 minutes after airtime, so it should be 12:30pm ET.

oh my gosh thank uuu :>
Jul 8, 2022 9:59 AM

Feb 2021
Well that was an interesting first episode to start the second season.

I know that the first season ended with an anime original ending, so now I assume they are adapting the manga correctly again.

The thing with the Shadows power was interesting, and I wonder what really was written in Kate's letter.
And I'm curious about Barbara and Barbie, and from the post credit scene, Barbie looks drastically different when she was younger.
Jul 8, 2022 10:02 AM

Sep 2021
This was an interesting first episode after the ending of the past season that i didnt like. The OP of reona atleast the song Is really good. Now i want to know what happens next
Jul 8, 2022 10:04 AM
Sep 2015
Shadows House keeps thing interesting even all of its action take place in a single house.
Jul 8, 2022 10:13 AM

Oct 2009
Funny how the series that could actually use a pre-season recap, either as an "episode 0", or even in the first few minutes of the new season - never get one. Would've been useful here, because I remember jack all of the culmination of s1. Oh well. At least it's off to a fast start, I suppose.
Jul 8, 2022 10:13 AM
Jan 2017
So is there any need to watch the last episodes of season one? I just did watch till episode 10 last week because I read in the forum here that the last episodes are bad and the second season will probably start after episode 10 of the last season
Jul 8, 2022 10:18 AM
Jun 2021
Shadelay said:
So is there any need to watch the last episodes of season one? I just did watch till episode 10 last week because I read in the forum here that the last episodes are bad and the second season will probably start after episode 10 of the last season

Yeah I also have the same doubt, it would be really helpful if someone in the forum clarifies 🛐
Jul 8, 2022 10:20 AM

Sep 2016
aaah i really wonder what was in that letter! at first i thought it was something secret, and it was really nerve wrecking seeing kate exposed! but since susanna wasn't angry after reading what it was means it wasn't that bad, which makes me even more curious on what it contains
Jul 8, 2022 10:20 AM

Jul 2019
This had a strong start that kept me entertained throughout the episode.
Jul 8, 2022 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Barbie's back story though. What changed that bubbly girl into who she is now?
Jul 8, 2022 10:37 AM

Mar 2020
Shadows House is back, and it seems very promising! ReoNa is doing the OP this time, and it's pretty good, though admittedly not as memorable is Nai Nai from last year. The show is just as dark and mysterious as last season, and with Barbara and Barbie's backstory potentially on the horizon, this could prove much more character driven and intriguing than last season.
Jul 8, 2022 10:46 AM
Mar 2019
After Abyss this is the one i am most looking forward to next.
Will watch later.
Jul 8, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2021
It’s good to have more Shadows House. A solid first episode, there were some changes being made to match the last season. Since we finished Debut Arc, the show managed to do a lot more as well as being able to talk more about the house’s unfair system
Jul 8, 2022 10:50 AM
Aug 2016
I'm hyped for season 2, too bad they won't adapt enough to reach the 2 big plot twists.
Jul 8, 2022 10:51 AM

Jan 2021
Second season finally :D

Our protagonists are under stricter control, And we continue that there are some who are being controlled by something 0.0

Looks like soot control training episodes are coming. Everything is still a mystery...
Jul 8, 2022 10:52 AM

May 2021
iirayuki said:
aaah i really wonder what was in that letter! at first i thought it was something secret, and it was really nerve wrecking seeing kate exposed! but since susanna wasn't angry after reading what it was means it wasn't that bad, which makes me even more curious on what it contains
Well by what Susanna told John, I think the letter probably contains a Rejection from Kate about the Marriage Proposal, that's why Susanna Told John that read it with a Calm heart and then she will pat him later implying she will console him when he is depressed, though there's a chance that Kate may also have Secret text in the letter that only john can Understand but I think there's a really low Probability of this Happening

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Jul 8, 2022 10:55 AM

Dec 2015
perfect start!!! i'm so excited and i know we won't be disappointed. let's gooooo
Jul 8, 2022 11:22 AM

May 2017
Omg I'm so excited. I didn't know how much I missed Kate and her calculating personality 😆 she's amazing.

Poor Barbara, that was a crazy scene to end the episode with. 60% of all the soot from Shadows House comes from one little girl? Insane.
Jul 8, 2022 11:24 AM

Sep 2016
TheDeadmanII said:
iirayuki said:
Well by what Susanna told John, I think the letter probably contains a Rejection from Kate about the Marriage Proposal, that's why Susanna Told John that read it with a Calm heart and then she will pat him later implying she will console him when he is depressed, though there's a chance that Kate may also have Secret text in the letter that only john can Understand but I think there's a really low Probability of this Happening

aww poor john. it's always so funny to see him try to woo kate. i hope he won't be too sad after reading the letter
Jul 8, 2022 11:59 AM
Jan 2022
gauravb28 said:
Shadelay said:

Yeah I also have the same doubt, it would be really helpful if someone in the forum clarifies 🛐
they were important & there was some big revelations
"I will work with an Efficient Devil, rather than working with an useless God"- Kanzen Rachit
Jul 8, 2022 12:03 PM

Oct 2017
Basically soot power is like magic and mana. The more mana you have the more useful you are and Barbara seems to have a lot of it. Also Barbie used to smile like that in the past? What happened to her.

Decent start, was nice seeing Kate and Emilico again. OP by Reona was good.
Jul 8, 2022 12:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol I'm a bit left after all, though that definitely creepy how Suzanna could find Kate's letter like that and the most interesting element is how much suit Barbie is producing, that final scene was something else really, now it seems like they're getting back to adapting manga chapters so that's promising.
Jul 8, 2022 12:51 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Looking forwarding to seeing the opening with vocals by ReoNa after what that ending from season 1 was.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jul 8, 2022 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
Im glad we are back again on right tracks. Last 3 filler episodes of Season 1 scared me, they were meh. Luckly my doubts are gone for this moment ( will see in the future)
Jul 8, 2022 12:58 PM

Sep 2012
Shadelay said:
You dont need, these episodes were just meh fillers. I would say its even better to not watch them
Jul 8, 2022 1:00 PM
Jan 2017
Sairentou said:
Shadelay said:
You dont need, these episodes were just meh fillers. I would say its even better to not watch them

Alright, thank you very much for your answer :)
Jul 8, 2022 2:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
There's still a lot of soot everywhere but of course the animation and art look just as clean as ever

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 8, 2022 2:16 PM

May 2018
Those gorgeous visuals again...tho I have a feeling that they are pushing the tempo a bit...or maybe only paranoia.
Jul 8, 2022 2:25 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
@Shadelay
If you have no intention to read the manga then you should watch all episodes
Or you'll get confused
Yeah they are not from the manga, but the second season follow them.
Jul 8, 2022 2:48 PM

Jul 2016
SH S2 starts with some new plot point and the appearance of Robe sama that was named by Emilico. Kate is thinking some hints about it and she was gonna contact John. This episode shows different types of soot power and some revelation that Barbara is the one producing more soot up to 60percent. Which is huge thats why she is the leader of childrens building.

The after credit is a nice contrast to present time Barbie. Overall great episode

Jul 8, 2022 3:15 PM

Sep 2012
alshu said:
Those gorgeous visuals again...tho I have a feeling that they are pushing the tempo a bit...or maybe only paranoia.
So far I think we are ok, this episode tbh could be after ep 10 ( or I dont remember pefectly ep 10 of S1)
Jul 8, 2022 3:43 PM

Apr 2018
LET'S GO! ANOTHER SONG FROM REONA!

Aside from that, we started right from where season one left from. Well, we got some recap from Kate from what happend in the previous scene. Seems like the Shadows are now trying to become fullflegded ones. John and Shaun are still the same as usual but Lou's controlled by something. Learning on how to control your soot was pretty interesting knowing that every Shadow has a different kind of ability. Susane is probably not on our side but she's pretty fun to interact with. Kate's plan to give John a letter with precise standing was incredibly well done by her. Anyway, Barbara ended up having the room for herself after the insane amount of soot came out of her. Susane explained that she emits about 60% of the soot that he Shadow House uses which is insane. Anyway, I'm pretty interested in Barbara's personality change.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 8, 2022 4:24 PM

Jul 2016
i am unbelievably pleased that they brought back ReoNa. not only that, as the singer of the opening this time. knew and listened of her music before shadows house (even watched a few interviews) but i wasn't a fan until the ending entry. as for the actual first episode, i am shocked. up until a certain point, i was bored as it seemed to be almost exactly like the manga (especially since it has a colored version to begin with). however, the soundtracks and the voice acting blew me away. it's the full package. the bgm is a bit loud at times but it is very unsettling. i plan on buying these tracks. i never "heard" the scream of barbara when letting out the accumulated soot before and it is amazing. i'm not into watching shows as they air and i wasn't planning on it, but i might have to reconsider for shadows house... the animation of the scalpel i had to wind back to.
Jul 8, 2022 4:53 PM

Aug 2020
Shadow house is back! episode one seemed interesting. Can't wait to see more of Kate

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 8, 2022 4:59 PM

Feb 2019
I like how they basically throw us straight back into things. This was a wild episode from beginning to end. I like how we got to see the shadows learning to use their powers, but I’m really curious about Barbie/Barbara backstory now. How’d she go from so bubbly and happy to this.

60 percent of all the soot that they produce coming from one person is crazy.

Another ReoNa masterclass lets goooo
Marinate1016Jul 8, 2022 5:08 PM
Jul 8, 2022 5:14 PM

Sep 2020
Shadows House is now running according to schedule again!
I already can't get enough of Barbie's shark teeth, Susie's eerie eyes and Maryrose's energetic voice but I guess seeing Kate and Emilico in animated form again is what really brought a smile to my face.
Jul 8, 2022 5:28 PM

Jun 2017
Patrick LMAOOO, "Waste your time with love affairs" *quick glance from Emilico* proceeds to get destroyed on the spot.

We are back to the main storyline from the manga, they really smoothed over the first season's original ending. Glad it's back!

It's gonna get even better so stick around fams.
MomoSinXJul 8, 2022 5:31 PM
Jul 8, 2022 5:52 PM
Mar 2019
The Mystery deepens, at least it seems John is still on side.
Funny that soot does not get on the lungs of the normals!!
Jul 8, 2022 5:53 PM
Feb 2021
I haven’t read the manga yet. But I heard the ending of season 1 was different from the manga. Can someone who’s read it tell me if the anime is starting to follow the manga again or is it still deviating?
Jul 8, 2022 6:07 PM
Mar 2018
Shadelay said:

just watch them they were nice in their own way
Jul 8, 2022 6:20 PM
Jun 2020
Actually, a good way to create a passing from the Filler Arc into the canon one for this season. Though there are a few minor changes, it doesn't change the essential core of the plot, so Im guessing it's fine. The songs are exceptional as always.

By the way, the post-credit scene about Barbie, is that even in the manga? Since I haven't read up to that, or it's not really there I'm sure.
Rants and possibly reviewing shows I have watched.
Jul 8, 2022 6:51 PM

Nov 2010
It seems they didn't have enough time or money to make an ending movie.
Jul 8, 2022 7:00 PM

Dec 2015
With more intensive training I wonder if Louise will be able to control the living dolls on the same level as the Great Grandfather. Eh?! A smiling Barbie?! Looking forward to seeing more of the Star Bearers and their powers and their past.

ReoNa's song title reminds of the Japanese film Shall We ダンス (dance). And ClariS will be doing the ending song. Nice!
Jul 8, 2022 7:16 PM

Jul 2021
Finally some GOOD ANIME FOR ONCE this summer is dry af, I hope Cloverworks don't fuck this up please. So in the beginning we get to see more of Barbie and Barbara's own perspective to which they were fighting soot creatures and it's always nice for Barbara to be encouraging for Barbie to do her best at her own ease, pretty good stuff as from what I've recall in the manga they will become very prominent characters throughout this whole journey so we'll wait and see more of them because at the ED credit post there was backstories where it gives a calm before the storm type of atmosphere I suppose. Edward should be more obedient to what he did in the Children's Wing, it's kind of cruel to set apart one of the members away for the other members to move forward but that's the point of the game I guess, no second chances will ever exist. So Barbara called every living doll to the main hall because there is an imposter among us who was wearing a robe and the may have done something suspicious around the Shadows House that may lead to this whole curse of the coffee that most of the dolls were drinking.

I've already read the manga so I know who the imposter is but the hints given in this episode were clearly shown that when Kate mentions Edward, he could be one of the suspects, or maybe one of the Seniors/Adults Shadow is also involved in this because there are no suspicions in the Children's Wing as of now! Nice to see Maryrose and Rosemary doing their performing arts while describing what each and everyone can do in the Shadows House, like there's no limitation whatsoever but there's always a condition that's purely based on their ability development. I really like Kate's inner thought and her bluntness towards John's attitude towards her lol. Also nice to see Suzanna and Suzie as the side characters for this season giving the respective dolls and shadows seperably lessons or careness but in this episode is more towards Kate and the other master's perspective to which they need to show off their physical strength while being able to control the soot they adapt to in various activities. Ngl the letter segment got me a lot of tension around but it's nice that Kate was able to defend herself. Also, my brother in christ Barbara can't control her soot power while Barbie is trying to help her emit it.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

69 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2022

119 by KhoaVN »»
Oct 27, 2023 9:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.