Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2010 8:52 PM

Jan 2009
ridojiriOct 26, 2015 8:22 PM
Apr 17, 2010 10:58 PM

Dec 2009
yepp, finally they started~~ XD
is it just me or is the game pace faster than first season? (not that it s a bad thing anyway~)
sakaeguchi(this) and especially izumi are really cool in this episode <3 and tajima is doing well as first~ (well.. what do you expect from a genius) poor hanai is feeling the pressure now...
also love the interaction between abe and mihashi s mama~
poor pitcher of sakitama, his catcher isnt reliable enough...

"huh? abe-kun is sleeping..." XDD

and that~ X3

as for the next episode...
MIHASHIIII!!fighting! bring abe home!! >O<
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
Apr 18, 2010 4:21 PM

Oct 2008
mikageishi said:
yepp, finally they started~~ XD
is it just me or is the game pace faster than first season? (not that it s a bad thing anyway~)

Th-THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!! I can't help but feel that the animation team behind Big Windup the first time around are actually showing much more enthusiasm and excitement when when animating the Summer Tournament chapters! Seriously, I've never seen such effort put into animating a series before.
mikageishi said:
sakaeguchi(this) and especially izumi are really cool in this episode <3 and tajima is doing well as first~ (well.. what do you expect from a genius) poor hanai is feeling the pressure now...

I know, right?! Izumi really nailed that swing when it barely hit within the line!
mikageishi said:
poor pitcher of sakitama, his catcher isnt reliable enough...

*laughes* Yeah, well, apparently Daichi didn't seem to play that much baseball in middle school, even though he played back in elementary school. So that could explain a few things.

Also about that scene where Abe kept his eyes shut. I think he was tryig to not be as irratated with what Mihashi tried to say. He figured that by not making eye contact with Mihashi, he would be less frusturated.

Also while I didn't understand what Sakaeguchi imagined about Mihashi when he use to be in middle school, I couldn't help but read the scanlations (it's not as if any company is gonna bother licensing the 2nd season or manga at this point, so why not). Apparently Sakeguchi imagined why Mihashi possibly doesn't want to get off of the mound. He figured that on top of being bullied by his teammates and his classmates at Mihoshi, he was also ignored and treated like a ghost. But since a game never starts until the pitcher makes the first move, everyone watches the pitcher.

Thus Mihashi wouldn't want to leave the mound because it's the only occasion where everyone knows who he is and what he can do. He needed the mound as a crutch. However, now that Mihashi feels he has a place to belong where his teammates can accept him regardless of what he is or isn't capable of, he feels that it's okay to give up on the mound if neccessary. He won't need it as a crutch anymore.

Man, talk about a psychological breakthrough! What's more amazing is that I can especially sympathize with Mihashi that way (heck, I'm getting all teary as I type this *sniff*). In high school, I was hardly bullied, but I was always ignored. I couldn't really bond with most of my classmaes even if I tried. And I was never incredibly athletic either, so I could never play with any of the male classmates either. The only way people seemed to notice me was thorugh my artwork, which probably explains why I found whatever opportunity neccesary to present my artwork in the school. I even joined the yearbook committee so I could do all of the artwork, so people would notice me somehow.

And I figured that by going to an art college, I would somehow be more accepted by my classmates who liked to draw as much as I did. Except all it did was prove the opposite. Now in my freshmen year my artwork doesn't show me how distinctive I am anymore. So I can definitely relate to Mihashi for as the mound was his crutch for being accepted, art was my crutch for being accepted.
HypeathonApr 18, 2010 4:24 PM
Apr 18, 2010 5:27 PM
Dec 2008
My translator says he'll have a script to me by Monday night. Means a Wednesday morning release as usual. Dang, his college/work travel is really tough. He's a medical type student in graduate school I think.
Apr 19, 2010 8:09 PM
Dec 2008
Heibi said:
My translator says he'll have a script to me by Monday night. Means a Wednesday morning release as usual. Dang, his college/work travel is really tough. He's a medical type student in graduate school I think.

Working on the script now. Have done on the usual timing.
Apr 21, 2010 9:43 AM

Mar 2008
CLIFFHANGER. >_______<

This episode felt so short D:
Apr 21, 2010 10:44 AM

Jul 2009
Jeeppu said:
CLIFFHANGER. >_______<

Any episode of Oofuri feels short...it's just too good for 20 mins. ;)

Apr 21, 2010 2:21 PM
Dec 2007
Jio-Freed said:
Jeeppu said:
CLIFFHANGER. >_______<

Any episode of Oofuri feels short...it's just too good for 20 mins. ;)

Definitely. It was awesome as usual. Oofuri 2 is by far the best series of the season for now, but I still hope the Yuasa show will be as good.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 21, 2010 2:36 PM

Jul 2009
Ah! I can't wait to see if he is able to bat it.
:<>

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Apr 21, 2010 8:44 PM
Apr 2010
Nice episode again! I loved the scene where Abe is trying to steal a base and how it was shown using the catcher's view. And Momo-kan's reaction after that is epic.
Apr 22, 2010 6:50 AM

Dec 2008
I really love this show. It makes me so happy. I still think the idea of going for a called game is really balsy.

I loved the POV from the catcher there. I laughed at Abe's face when tryint to talk with Mihashi. It was like he was sleeping. So funny looking.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Apr 22, 2010 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
loved the conversation between Tajima and Daichi XD
for a moment there I thought it was a strategy to distract Daichi so he'd miss the ball being hit ; )

I wonder how long it'll take them to figure out that Abe is pursuing a hit-and-field strategy ; )
Apr 22, 2010 7:25 PM

Aug 2008
As usual, I like this episode. Cool to see that someone (Sakaeuchi) has taken the time to really think about why Ren is the way he is, and also spell that out to some viewers who may not have ever even thought about it. Just entertaining to see how everyone is coping with the new order, and a threat like Daichi.
Apr 24, 2010 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
As usual, I like this episode. Cool to see that someone (Sakaeuchi) has taken the time to really think about why Ren is the way he is, and also spell that out to some viewers who may not have ever even thought about it.

Exactly. We already know that Ren was never liked by his former team members, yes even hated (mostly Hatake). But Sakaeguchi's theory of Ren being afraid that he's "not existing" shows how deep his urge to prove that wrong is, and that it's not a selfish act of him as the Pitcher to not leave the mound.

Amazing episode like always. Go Ren, hit that ball!
Apr 25, 2010 2:20 AM

Jul 2008
Ah, the game action of Oofuri that I enjoy so much.
May 1, 2010 11:56 PM

May 2009
Having only recently finished season 1, the difference between Tosei and Sakitama in terms of preparedness, experience and overall baseball IQ is so stark that it took some getting used too. The fact that crowd size is much, much smaller (to the point where players can here their moms chatting in the stands), only made it more jarring. I actually feel a little bad for the opponents - especially the pitcher - since they're burdened by having to do everything themselves since they lack a real coach.
May 2, 2010 3:52 AM

Oct 2008
ArcticMech said:
I actually feel a little bad for the opponents - especially the pitcher - since they're burdened by having to do everything themselves since they lack a real coach.

Now that you mentioned it, why didn't Saitama have an actual coach? What was that all about?
HypeathonMay 2, 2010 3:56 AM
May 3, 2010 8:36 PM

Jul 2009
I'm in love with this series! We're only at episode 3, and I already think this is the best anime of the season >_<

Go Mihashi Go!
Jun 27, 2010 12:42 AM

Mar 2010
first game of the season woot. and the third base thing still makes me laugh just as much as it did the first season

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Oct 20, 2010 9:09 PM

Sep 2008
Yay, the mom cheering section is back. <3
They are way better than lame assorted parent cheering section.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2011 12:10 PM

Feb 2009
lol at Abe trying not to scream,lol at Hanai's terrible luck and,of course,the mother cheering squad.I love them!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 1, 2015 5:02 PM

Feb 2015
lol, Abe's sleeping.
Sep 23, 2015 12:13 AM

Jul 2013
Abe really is trying lol and Mihashi seems more relaxed and responsive than usual relating to him.
So the match finally begun and that Daichi guy is such an airhead lol.I did love that scene where he and Tajima were conversing so good naturedly with each other lol.He seems nice although he lacks experience as a catcher.Maybe why their game lasted so long is because the battery seems to need a lot of time to decide their throws and as the pitcher mentioned,Daichi likes doing his checking throws to the baseman.
Mar 7, 2019 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
This game will be an easy one.
Jun 10, 2020 10:44 PM

Jan 2019
Ow, I feel bad for Daichi. I wouldn't mind Nishiura's strategy if he wasn't so likeable lol His conversation with Tajima was gold.
Jul 22, 2021 2:37 AM

Dec 2020
sakaeguchi's little "speculation" on how mihashi feels more accepted here now that he's willing to give up the mound when he's needed to IM CRYING. i didnt think about that but thats so...... he feels accepted,.. went from "im not giving up the mound, it means i suck and im not needed" to "im fine with giving up the mound when i need to, might be a bit hard but im willing to if its for the sake of the team" IM EMOTIONALALLLLL

momoe saying "their coach is new to baseball' mf ur ALSO new as a coach to baseball u literally started this year😭😭 but in this first half innings the opponent team Is pretty cocky, a bit too confident when they're up against the team that won against a past winning team. tajima making friends with daichi and the referee getting irritated by it was hilarious my boy can make friends with Anyone, and daichi's probably gonna get some action too cant wait for that
Sep 9, 2021 12:12 AM
Aug 2021
I’m a big confused here
Why is match against Sakitama called the third match/third round? If the match against Tosei was the first one, did they omit the second round completely? No, right? So they are counting the practice match as the first one? But Sakitama also talks about how they were able to win two matches too...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 2 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 12, 2010

32 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 12, 8:29 AM

» Any chances for season 3?

ToG25thBaam - Sep 22, 2013

16 by Flameskrrfox »»
Dec 1, 2022 2:28 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 25, 2010

80 by _winterbear_ »»
Sep 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 17, 2010

85 by lizzziziz »»
Aug 16, 2021 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 11 Discussion

Heibi - Jun 10, 2010

34 by lizzziziz »»
Aug 16, 2021 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.