Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2010 4:52 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another good one here as there's stories here and there, so everyone cause a big ruckus en let Jou escape^^ we get to see some of his past and it's a shame that he got caught =.= that old woman really have a creepy expression at one stage. It probably hurt Jou more than anything when his sister didn't show any signs of support but she obviously is hurting inside as well.
ShanaFlameApr 13, 2010 5:41 PM
Apr 13, 2010 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
This one was sooo sad. :(

Another great episode.

10/10
shanimebibApr 13, 2010 5:18 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 14, 2010 8:21 AM
Jun 2008
Apr 14, 2010 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
Well this definitely was one of the most emotional episodes I have seen in anime for a while. Couldn't help but feel sorry for Jou and her little sister how they lived and had to live on by being used by adults.

Still there was one questionable point in this episode. I'm not expert on how prisons work, but is it really supposed to be that easy to break out? I mean he just ran away straight through the exit and no one of the guards didn't notice? I know they were distracted but still... Well anyway it was awesome scene but it made me question the guards intelligence a little >_>.
Apr 14, 2010 11:53 AM

Jan 2010
Gotta get subs >.<
Apr 15, 2010 7:04 AM

Oct 2009
This episode gets a +1 for the score it was so emotional, exciting and frustrating. Exciting it was when Jou was about to make his escape and it worked thanks to Maeda biting his arm and making a scene=>
......have to add the others made it so by helping out with the confusion. Sakuragi training Mario with his fight moves was good too.

Emotional......oh boy first of anything was Maeda's past=>
....was that Hiroshima or Nagasaki? The A-Bomb was scary thing of the past.....the drunk father is a type I hate IRL......if you are a father take responsibility and not drink to forget the problems since Japan at that time was most likely still in economic depression. Jou.......OMG I was seriously disgusted with the old grandma! If you see this part=>
you would understand....poor Jou. The worst part was the old lady gave this guy to Meg as a father?=>
Uh....how does that work? With money?=>
I though she sold her to him...... Don't you all know? There is a 100% chance Meg will get raped! I swear this guy looks completely like a pedophile! I hope Meg kills him before he can do anything to her if he tries.

Frustrations......The whole scene when he enters the place where Meg was from the start a betrayal......a big ouch=>
Ultimately Meg denying things....was a O_O complete surprise to me. I though she would support Jou.... also that he got caught when he made so much effort to escape and stay hidden.......I would 100% scout the place and wait until Meg goes out with that guy...punch him badly and escape with her by force! Yeah that will do and also my tears really went flow here=>

Will Jou ever have the happy times he had and could have with Meg when she grew up? I am afraid she will either be not pure because of that fake father or she might become a killer=>

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 15, 2010 10:28 AM

May 2009
Subs where?
Apr 15, 2010 11:02 AM

Dec 2007
O subs, where art thou?
Apr 15, 2010 11:24 PM

May 2008
Oh God.. I almost want to skip out on this episode after seeing spoilers on a blog.. it looks intensely sad and disturbing. Its been a good minute since I sat down and watched a dark series, I've mostly been watching happy crap. ha Now and Then Here and There might've been the last depressing series I've seen.. speaking of which, some parts of Rainbow reminded me of that series like..

Anyways, I like the series so far. Waiting on the subs...
CaptainSLApr 16, 2010 12:45 AM

My most recent life lesson: you know you're sleep deprived once you start daydreaming of dinosaurs..with whips.
Apr 15, 2010 11:47 PM

Oct 2009
sharralou said:
Oh God.. I almost want to skip out on this episode after seeing spoilers on a blog. Its been a good minute since I sat down and watched a dark series, I've mostly been watching happy crap. ha Now and Then Here and There might've been the last depressing series I've seen.. speaking of which, some parts of Rainbow reminded me of that series like..

Anyways, I like the series so far. Waiting on the subs...

I agree with you about Jou's sister but I think she will kill that guy if anything....I don't think she is weak that much......I also hope Jou will reunite with her at the end.

Apr 18, 2010 1:50 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
I though she sold her to him...... Don't you all know? There is a 100% chance Meg will get raped! I swear this guy looks completely like a pedophile!
francismeunier said:
Ultimately Meg denying things....was a O_O complete surprise to me. I though she would support Jou.... also that he got caught when he made so much effort to escape and stay hidden.......I would 100% scout the place and wait until Meg goes out with that guy...punch him badly and escape with her by force!
francismeunier said:
Will Jou ever have the happy times he had and could have with Meg when she grew up? I am afraid she will either be not pure because of that fake father or she might become a killer
Maximatum99Apr 18, 2010 2:28 AM
Apr 18, 2010 3:18 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:
I though she sold her to him...... Don't you all know? There is a 100% chance Meg will get raped! I swear this guy looks completely like a pedophile!
francismeunier said:
Ultimately Meg denying things....was a O_O complete surprise to me. I though she would support Jou.... also that he got caught when he made so much effort to escape and stay hidden.......I would 100% scout the place and wait until Meg goes out with that guy...punch him badly and escape with her by force!
francismeunier said:
Will Jou ever have the happy times he had and could have with Meg when she grew up? I am afraid she will either be not pure because of that fake father or she might become a killer
Ok? I don't get the vroom but I will assume at best the twin towers mean destruction of mass to her life......yeah well who would want him to be anyone's father......=>
francismeunierApr 18, 2010 3:21 AM

Apr 18, 2010 3:45 AM

Nov 2008
@fancismeunier No. You see... it is actually symbolic to the last line I quoted of you. In dramatic buildup of moe and plane, it was almost a surprise for maximum impact. The line I quoted, however, shows the tipping point of destruction of logic.

"I am afraid she will either be not pure because of that fake father or she might become a killer." The shift in OMGWTFAMIREADING was so dramatic that the genre of the pictures transformed symbolically opposite yet equally.
Apr 18, 2010 4:29 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
@fancismeunier No. You see... it is actually symbolic to the last line I quoted of you. In dramatic buildup of moe and plane, it was almost a surprise for maximum impact. The line I quoted, however, shows the tipping point of destruction of logic.

"I am afraid she will either be not pure because of that fake father or she might become a killer." The shift in OMGWTFAMIREADING was so dramatic that the genre of the pictures transformed symbolically opposite yet equally.
I am really confused about what you are saying but looking at that guy he don't think he stable at all mentally just the way he grabbed Meg's hand and the way she felt with her face towards him.

The guy's a lolicon and it shows too much on his face as a maniac it looks to me.

Apr 18, 2010 5:06 AM

Apr 2009
Amongst all this moe shit that airs this season, this one is a unique experience. This kind of dark, cruel atmosphere and brutal environment are things that are very rare in animes nowadays. So - I'm looking forward to the next ep and hope that the series will keep up this high level it presents.

Apr 18, 2010 5:18 AM

Feb 2009
Glad I decided to watch this. This is definitely one, if not the, best anime this season.

That Grandma was very creepy and butt ugly, nuff said.

Turtle's voice really sounds like Edward Elric. I think Romi Park should have changed it a bit.

This is a good breather from all the moe, comedy and ecchi this season. Looking forward to next episode.
Apr 18, 2010 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
(Megu as a kid sounds like Caramel from Yumeiro)

-Geez what a sad episode. The song at the end was definitely not helping. Luckily I was able to not cry but damn....this sure is gritty. Still, it is a very powerful show.

-It took me a few seconds to realize what that old bitch had done to Joe but then showed her in lingerie and I just about threw up.
Apr 18, 2010 5:58 AM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
I am really confused about what you are saying but looking at that guy he don't think he stable at all mentally just the way he grabbed Meg's hand and the way she felt with her face towards him.

The guy's a lolicon and it shows too much on his face as a maniac it looks to me.
Ok, I'm gonna cut the bullshit. You mentioned her not being pure because of her fake father. You show sympathy but care about something that silly, and then say something crazy like she might become a killer. Wat?
Apr 18, 2010 7:34 AM

Feb 2009
that episode was really good, I cried T_T... Poor Joe and Meg :(..
Apr 18, 2010 7:37 AM

Apr 2009
Zero009 said:
Well this definitely was one of the most emotional episodes I have seen in anime for a while. Couldn't help but feel sorry for Jou and her little sister how they lived and had to live on by being used by adults.

Still there was one questionable point in this episode. I'm not expert on how prisons work, but is it really supposed to be that easy to break out? I mean he just ran away straight through the exit and no one of the guards didn't notice? I know they were distracted but still... Well anyway it was awesome scene but it made me question the guards intelligence a little >_>.

Yes thats true. He escaped so easily. There is no way any prison exists like that in japan even in old times.

The other thing is he's a prisoner. He should've enter that building secretly, not from the damn door. Then he shout MEgu !!! Megu!! it was like come get me i'm here... geez... that was so stupid. Also He easily captured by 2 guards...I hate weak and stupid characters.

I'd enjoy to watch of that damn ugly pervert's skull get crushed. Too bad at the end of the eposide i'm pissed off and felt sad for his sister.
Apr 18, 2010 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
That old hag was creepy. She gave me chills. o.o

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Apr 18, 2010 8:24 AM

Nov 2008
fucking A!
Apr 18, 2010 11:28 AM

Dec 2007
Worth the wait. This episode was simply amazing, great development and characters, super interesting! This is shaping up to be my personal favorite this season.
Apr 18, 2010 12:08 PM

Jul 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Ok, I'm gonna cut the bullshit. You mentioned her not being pure because of her fake father. You show sympathy but care about something that silly, and then say something crazy like she might become a killer. Wat?

Eh? Don't you know that for francis, a woman's worth is all about her purity?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 18, 2010 12:20 PM

Dec 2007
BitchMaster said:
Maximatum99 said:

lol
Apr 18, 2010 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
wow that grandma is such a mother f8ker. -.-
i just can't hold in my anger anymore. For people to be the orphanage director, they totally shouldn't be pedophiles of any sort.or care about money soo much even if she knew that man only wanted megu was to have sx with her -.-
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 18, 2010 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
lol well, that was entertaining...
the getting out jail so easy card was kind of fail in my books...
this makes prison break look like a joke lol
Apr 18, 2010 1:11 PM

May 2009
Damn, this anime is badass!
Apr 18, 2010 1:19 PM
Mar 2009
Superb episode, from the great storytelling of Joe's background to the development at the end with his little sister. That old hag creeps me out, maybe she should be the one in that prison.
Apr 18, 2010 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
fucking sad episode ><
and that gramma was fucking creepy ><

awesome show
Apr 18, 2010 1:26 PM

Jul 2009
kerobear said:
i just can't hold in my anger anymore. For people to be the orphanage director, they totally shouldn't be pedophiles of any sort.or care about money soo much even if she knew that man only wanted megu was to have sx with her -.-

Life's a bitch so just swallow your sadness or f**k a fish and you'll be teh..... BAWS. For more information on how to become a BAWS, here ya go.....

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 18, 2010 1:42 PM

Apr 2009
BitchMaster said:
[

Life's a bitch so just swallow your sadness or f**k a fish and you'll be teh..... BAWS. For more information on how to become a BAWS, here ya go.....

LOOOOL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
nice one dude
Apr 18, 2010 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
Lmao..that must hav been the easiest prison break I've ever seen...
and that old granny was creepy as hell..

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Apr 18, 2010 2:27 PM

Feb 2010
Amazing episode.

Old lady was a pure ho. I really hope in the end he is reunited with his sister :(
Apr 18, 2010 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
BitchMaster said:
kerobear said:

lawll i noe life's a bitch.:) bwahhaha^_^
thanks BM for confirming that:D
Apr 18, 2010 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
Glad I decided to watch this. This is definitely one, if not the, best anime this season.

That Grandma was very creepy and butt ugly, nuff said.

Turtle's voice really sounds like Edward Elric. I think Romi Park should have changed it a bit.

This is a good breather from all the moe, comedy and ecchi this season. Looking forward to next episode.

100% true about everything. damn if this show keeps like these last 2 eps this will be going on favorites list
Apr 18, 2010 3:33 PM

Jul 2008
The animation seems pretty slow and (unfluid?is that a word?) for a Madhouse show. I really expect more detail out of my Madhouse shows.

Still a great series. The killer punch was Meg's last thoughts. She wanted to be saved, but she didn't want to be a bother. Damn, shit's pretty deep.
Apr 18, 2010 5:04 PM

Jul 2008
Pretty decent episode, I prefer it when its in the prison though.
Apr 18, 2010 5:59 PM

Jun 2007
Joe was stupid for going there and yelling like an idiot. Who does that other then stupid people in movies? Realistically speaking anyone in their right mind who's being chased would either sneak in or wait outside.

Joe should have head butted the old lady. He should have been brutally honest around the cops too. Like saying she raped little kids or forced them to do sexual things in staid of just calling her a perv, which doesn't have a lasting impression.

O well, a good episode but also a sad one.
Apr 18, 2010 6:30 PM

Aug 2008
Zer0_TR said:
Zero009 said:

Yes thats true. He escaped so easily. There is no way any prison exists like that in japan even in old times.

The other thing is he's a prisoner. He should've enter that building secretly, not from the damn door. Then he shout MEgu !!! Megu!! it was like come get me i'm here... geez... that was so stupid. Also He easily captured by 2 guards...I hate weak and stupid characters.

I'd enjoy to watch of that damn ugly pervert's skull get crushed. Too bad at the end of the eposide i'm pissed off and felt sad for his sister.

If I remember correctly it's a detention center not a Prison, they mentioned it in episode 1. Also this right after World War and Japan had just been forced to almost destroy itself by the US, so it isn't surprising that a detention camp wouldn't be on lock down as it would be now. People also saw things differently back then.

I'm actually surprised that the Anime showed the dropping of the bomb. It still makes me sick how I've had US history "teachers" try to justify the dropping of the bomb, trying to make it out as something more than slaughter.
Apr 18, 2010 7:37 PM

Mar 2009
Man this was too much to handle:(
The fucking old hag, I would have beat her down, especially after she hit Joe with the vase, I would have head butted on her and broke everyone of her teeth. But Joe is stupid for real, instead of sneaking in there and getting his sister out he barges in and screams for his sister. Also Megu is stupid as well, I would have tried to help him if I were her, now she is going to get raped day in and day out by that freaky old man. Sad episode again.
Apr 18, 2010 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
DeathfireD said:
Joe was stupid for going there and yelling like an idiot. Who does that other then stupid people in movies? Realistically speaking anyone in their right mind who's being chased would either sneak in or wait outside.

But the thing is that Joe wasn't exactly in "right mind". After hearing that her sister will be taken away from orphanage to new family it would be pretty hard to see her after she moved. I think in that kind of situation people would be quite desperate and act without thinking. Not to forget he is still a 16(or 17?) year old brat. I would say it was a stupid move but also something that fitted the character well.

Truth101 said:
If I remember correctly it's a detention center not a Prison, they mentioned it in episode 1. Also this right after World War and Japan had just been forced to almost destroy itself by the US, so it isn't surprising that a detention camp wouldn't be on lock down as it would be now. People also saw things differently back then.

After checking first episode again, you're right. It was disciplinary school. But that's not really what bothered me. It was the stupidity of the guards. There was at least three guards at the time there. I would expect at least one of them would have kept the prisoners in check. That diversion just didn't completely convince me.

BitchMaster said:

Ahahahaha XD
This made my day.
Apr 18, 2010 9:16 PM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:

I said she might not be if the guy rapes her or something like that........she might become a killer if she kills him in self defense....once you kill you a killer.....there is no turning back on that.
BitchMaster said:
Maximatum99 said:

No Bitchmaster! That's not true.....it depends on girls in anime....come on you should know me.....
francismeunierApr 18, 2010 9:21 PM

Apr 18, 2010 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
wow this episode just showed two tragic backstories- one lost his family to a bomb, the other abandoned with his his sister and was sexually assaulted by an old woman, and his sister being sold off
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 18, 2010 9:58 PM

Dec 2007
what is the name of that song that plays when Megu is crying?
Apr 18, 2010 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
Wtf, Megu didn't have to be such a bitch about it all. She could have simply said "Thank you, brother, but I'm tired of waiting and I want to do things for myself" rather than basically invalidating Joe's existence/purpose for wanting to stay alive in the prison. She should have just said that, and been honest, rather than trying to be "brave" and dismissing him. I like Joe but I don't think he realised she didn't mean it, which means he's feeling even more depressed when he didn't have to.

And if we're going to dispute facts within Rainbow's world, the escape aside, what about when we flashed back to Maeda walking amongst the debris of the bomb? Wouldn't he have radiation poisoning and probably die? (Or is his appearance -- the pimples/scars, patchy hair -- the "extent" of his poisoning?)
yamakasiApr 18, 2010 11:09 PM
Apr 18, 2010 11:42 PM

Oct 2009
yamakasi said:
And if we're going to dispute facts within Rainbow's world, the escape aside, what about when we flashed back to Maeda walking amongst the debris of the bomb? Wouldn't he have radiation poisoning and probably die? (Or is his appearance -- the pimples/scars, patchy hair -- the "extent" of his poisoning?)
Yes! I agreed with you. I think also his pimples scars can be a extent of the poisoning since he was still at a certain distance when it happened....so he might develop later on cancer?

Apr 18, 2010 11:44 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
yamakasi said:
Yes! I agreed with you. I think also his pimples scars can be a extent of the poisoning since he was still at a certain distance when it happened....so he might develop later on cancer?

Good observation, i just thought that was his styleO_o. he doesn't seem to be growing either. wait.. does height have anything to do with radiation?
Apr 18, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2009
kerobear said:
francismeunier said:
yamakasi said:

Good observation, i just thought that was his styleO_o. he doesn't seem to be growing either. wait.. does height have anything to do with radiation?
I heard if you are young it might slow down your growth on the physical....read it somewhere... not sure if they applied that into this series on Maeda.

Apr 18, 2010 11:53 PM

Nov 2008
kerobear said:
francismeunier said:
yamakasi said:
I think you are all forgetting something. If it was radiation that made him look like who he is, wouldn't he maybe have died way before due to developing cancer cells? Well, not sure how long he was exposed but you get the idea.

I still think it's his character design.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 11, 2010

132 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.