Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 23, 2020 7:43 AM

Mar 2017
For me, Hatori's story is one that really breaks my heart in particular. I've wanted to cry for him the way Mayu did because he deserves to be happy and it's so sad that he thinks he doesn't. I think Mayu would be a better match for him than Kana because Mayu is a stronger woman who could face up to Akito for Hatori the way Tohru has for her boys.

I continue to find Shigure a complete mystery who I just can't pin down. Sometimes he seems selfish and cold, calculating and manipulating in order to get what he wants but then he does something else and he appears so considerate and kind-hearted.
Jun 23, 2020 7:54 AM

Feb 2008
That old woman at the Sohma estate should die already.
Jun 23, 2020 8:59 AM

Dec 2014
wow focus on other characters this series has been something
Jun 23, 2020 11:03 AM
Feb 2020
Hi is this gonna be 24 episodes of just 13 if anyone knows
Jun 23, 2020 12:48 PM
Aug 2016
I bawled my eyes out in this episode. The love story of Hatori and Kana is so painful and also beyond repair. I wish Hatori finds the happiness he deserves and maybe it will come through Mayu.
Shigure really is the devilish character and making every piece fall into the right place.
Jun 23, 2020 2:11 PM

May 2019
It was a great episode! I liked seeing more of Hatori's past

By the way, a detail that I found very curious, at 10:57, just behind and to the left of Mayu, you can see the portrait of Carlos I of Spain and V of Germany, an important king of Spanish history.
I leave the photos for you to see, they are the same!

Jun 23, 2020 3:42 PM

Sep 2017
Interesting episode. Kind of felt like a side story building on a mini arc from the first season. Unexpected but welcome.
Jun 23, 2020 3:45 PM

Jul 2017
AHHHH...Mayuko. How fun was it be when she showed up in the manga, and absolutely on Shigure's trolling path.

Her past with Hatori, an unrequited love when Kana was in a relationship with him, even though the two were best friends. But rather than trying to steal him away, the happiness she's embracing for the both of them instead and pairing with the latter instead.

But alas as with the Soma curse, Kana is soon made aware of her shortcomings, and the despair written on her face is an eerie reminder despite having a facade of courage. The happiness that Mayu longed for...was broken in an instant.

For Mayu though, the memories of that day linger very vividly in her mind...and happiness pursuant is an afterthought. Moreover, now as Akito's right-hand man, his feelings turned stone cold, as he depicts "happiness isn't for me" that the fear of the Soma family has taken over immensely.

Despite that, Mayuko still continues her unrequited confession, and just like Tohru, wants full freedom for Hatori to achieve his happiness.

As manipulative as Shigure is as always, he's IMO the key to clicking everything together in one piece. Playing the role of both good and bad, he's one fascinating character for sure.

Otherwise, another great episode.
Jun 24, 2020 12:52 AM

Jul 2019
This might’ve been the best episode so far. Season 2 of Fruits Basket 2019 has kinda been a flop but this episode was nice
Jun 24, 2020 1:34 AM

Jun 2013
It's a meh episode for me. I liked the delivery and animation. However, I'm not a fan of Mayu-sensei or her story, to be honest. To me, she's just like an older tomboyish version of Arisa. I don't see anything special in her as an individual character, she's only interesting because she's the teacher of Tohru's class and because of her crush on Hatori. To be honest, the scene of her crying was kind of annoying. I might start to like her later on if I get to know her more but she's like a wallflower at this point.
่‡ญใ„-
Jun 24, 2020 2:08 AM

Jun 2017
Not that I'm against Mayuko, but I still feel sorry for Hatori and Kana's failed relationship! Only because of this contemptible Akito!๐Ÿ˜ก As time went by, Hatori looked forlorn while Kana had already forgotten about their feelings in the past; and found someone else.๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I hope this time Mayuko will be able to mend Hatori's broken heart. And that he will eventually, reciprocate her feelings.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 24, 2020 6:02 AM

Aug 2018
Great ep as always on this series

I guess Mayu is fine with Hatori
but i still really ship Hatori and Kana because it looks like he found his genuine happiness with her, it is just sad Kana is married now so its impossible for them to be together which sucks. So Mayu will come in the scene where shes the one who can make Hatori happy again.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jun 24, 2020 12:32 PM

Jul 2016
The latest episodes are exceptional, the level is raised a lot, I hope that this trend continues.

I am happy that Hatori finds happiness again, it's clear that he is still sad for Kana, but he has found a person who loves him in the same way or even more.
Jun 24, 2020 2:27 PM

Feb 2017
I love Hatori so I am happy this was episode about him. Mayu is pretty cool so far, want to see how her and Hatori.
Jun 24, 2020 11:22 PM

Aug 2013
bruh this is too good we don't deserve this.
Jun 24, 2020 11:26 PM
Dec 2019
I really loved the scene when Shigure is telling Mayu about Hatori's "new girlfriend". Her face turns dark because she remembers that in the end she could't do anything to restore things to help Kana and Hatori get back together, but at the same time happy music is playing in the background symbolizing that she's relieved that the people she loves the most in the world have found happiness again and can finally move on, which means that she can also let the go of the past and start trying to pursue her own happiness. And while the music is playing, Shigure is trying to tease her, while not realizing that at that very moment a huge weight was lifted of her showlders. The contrasts in that scene where beautifly done. One of the best ones of the whole show, in my opinion.

Also, I didn't mind the crying at all. In that very same episode while Mayu was speaking about Kana, she said that one of the things she admired the most was her ability to smile when she was happy and to cry when she was sad. Mayu said she wished one day she could be like that. And then she started crying incontrollably beacuse she felt sad... I think it was a good way of showing how Mayu has also evolved after the events with Kana took place. It's like she's saying "Let's give this expressing my feelings thing a try".

I absolutely loved the chapter and can't wait to see how all of this develops and also wtf is Shigure up to
Jun 25, 2020 12:41 AM
Sep 2019
What a wonderful episode. I love it when the focus shifts to our mature character set (if we can call it that with Shigure & Ayame as they are ;p). Such an interesting peek into Mayu's character and of course another enjoyable glimpse into the life of our typically reserved, but nonetheless amazing Hatori.
Jun 25, 2020 5:57 AM

Nov 2016
Consideration, guilt, loneliness, emptiness, I liked the depiction of what Hatori and Mayu went through. Would nice to see both of them sharing happiness in the future.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2020 12:59 AM

Oct 2008
another beautiful WONDERFUL episode!!!
damn i wanna Hattori & Mayuko hook-up!!! let this happen!
Let there be happiness for them!!!
5/5!

Jun 26, 2020 10:52 AM

May 2018
Shigure always swings from evil to amazing every time he appears xD
Jun 27, 2020 11:30 AM

Apr 2018
Ahh more screentime for Mayu and her backstory. What a cynical bastard Shigure is but I love it xD. We get more screentime for Hatori as well.
Jun 27, 2020 8:51 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Shigure's reaction when Mayu hung up took me out.
Om a sidenote, even though ShigurexMayu was a platonic relationship, I've always wondered if he had a little more than platonic feelings for Mayuu. like a dog, always loyal to his true master LOLOL...I'm going to hell
Jun 28, 2020 2:14 PM

May 2009
This anime was losing me again.. and then this episode came up.
Hatori's story has been my favorite story. The first season explanation made me cry my eyes out. And now I can see a little progression for him, and Mayu. Which I do not have any problem with at all. For me the best episode so far.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 1, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2016
Hattori is still one of my favorites in this show, can't wait till the day I see them all happy.

Mayu still having a chance is a bless for her, and all thanks to Shigure in the sadistic way.
Jul 4, 2020 5:13 AM

Dec 2017
Hatori deserves happiness in his life and i hope Mayu can bring it. Lovely ep
Jul 7, 2020 10:25 PM

May 2013
Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, Mayu! I totally understand how you feel! Hatori is such a BABE *heart eyes* He's just emitting the sexiness aura 24/7 ^-^ hehehe
Jul 9, 2020 5:40 PM

Sep 2018
Hatori and Kureno, I wish for their happiness.. they're so serious and calculated. It makes me sad :(
Jul 13, 2020 5:11 AM

Jul 2009
It always breaks my heart to see Hatori's past...the surprise is to know that Mayu is in love with him.
Jul 29, 2020 5:35 AM

Oct 2007
Shigure is always around because he is dog? just kidding xD

the drama feels a bit forced, but I still ship Hatori x Mayu.
Aug 16, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2018
Jesus christ why the fuck do the characters in this series shout whenever they find that their loved one is sad? I know you don't want to see your loved one suffer but like chill the fuck out m8 everybody has an emotion called sadness. There is no such thing as prefect happiness.
Aug 17, 2020 4:01 PM
Feb 2018
found my third least favorite Soma that maid (in the kimono) and I still hate Shigure he playing game with people emotions sure this time it helped to people but he doesn't care as long as he get what he wants him and Akito have so much in common he is akito perfect obedient pup
Aug 19, 2020 1:36 PM

Jun 2016
Oh, this was one of the best episodes of the season. Hatori is just such an endearing character! <3
Aug 23, 2020 8:29 PM

Jan 2019
Honestly some of the best writing I've seen this season. This show has a talent for making me care about characters I have zero investment in.

And this seems like the most benign scheme Shigure has had in a bit.
Sep 7, 2020 12:38 PM

Jun 2020
wow this episode was incredibly well-written. loved it โ™กโ™ก

didnt know mayu sensei had such a big role & connection to them. and wow dating shigure & not even embracing/kissing how did she even...... lol

could really relate to what she said about dating & loneliness. dating just for the sake of it/being with the wrong guy will just make you more lonely.

shigure looooool he’s that fine line between downright despicable & hilarious. easily a 10/10 character

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

Sep 13, 2020 8:24 PM

Aug 2017
It was a beautiful episode but I still don't understand how they didn't erase Mayu's memory or I expected a better reason of why she never asked why Hatori and Kana broke up in the first place. I was hyped about this episode but I found it weak in writing and credibility but well, nothing serious happens.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2020 9:03 PM
May 2019
Nurguburu said:
It was a beautiful episode but I still don't understand how they didn't erase Mayu's memory or I expected a better reason of why she never asked why Hatori and Kana broke up in the first place. I was hyped about this episode but I found it weak in writing and credibility but well, nothing serious happens.

Why would she ask why they broke up when she knows it is because of Hatori's eye injury and Kana's guilt over that? I thought this episode made it clear that Mayu knew the gist of what happened, saw how badly it traumatized Kana, and didn't see a want or need to know any more than that.
Sep 14, 2020 9:13 AM

Aug 2017
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
Nurguburu said:

Why would she ask why they broke up when she knows it is because of Hatori's eye injury and Kana's guilt over that? I thought this episode made it clear that Mayu knew the gist of what happened, saw how badly it traumatized Kana, and didn't see a want or need to know any more than that.

Maybe its me, never been a fan of 'deleting your memories' plot cuz its kinda complicated when more people know and they never erased their memory.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 14, 2020 9:29 AM
May 2019
Nurguburu said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

Maybe its me, never been a fan of 'deleting your memories' plot cuz its kinda complicated when more people know and they never erased their memory.

There is no need for Mayu's memory to be erased though. She doesn't know about the Curse. She just knew that Hatori got hurt and Kana blamed herself for it. Then they explained that Hatori used a hyponosis technique that can lose its effect if Mayu talks about the situation too much. This is both totally true and something that a lot of people could find believeable. Plus, she likely wouldn't have wanted to bring it up either with Kana, anyway. Too painful.

All of this combined means that Mayu doesn't need to have her memories erased and also that she can't bring the past situation up or really talk about it with anyone, which results in her bottling everything up and not really being able to move forward until this episode. So I thought everything fit together pretty well and that it was better than written than how these kinds of plotlines usually are.
Nov 2, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2020
Ngl, I thought Mayu was kinda annoying. I loved the Shigure and Hatori time though.
Nov 15, 2020 1:07 AM

Dec 2013
Damnit. I didn't expect that Mayu has feelings for Hatori. Man, she cried for him. They both deserve each other.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Nov 27, 2020 5:12 PM

Feb 2014
Eh, didn't pay much attention this episode.
Mar 22, 2021 11:52 AM

Jun 2019
Shigure just popped up once again and told me why he's my favorite character.
Apr 25, 2021 7:01 AM

Mar 2010
Lol your going overboard your a adult now. twas funny asf when he said that.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2020
WOAA episode focusing on the teacher ?? i knew she'd be more important than just a "teacher" but damn that was a lot more. she likes hatori, dated shigure, and will probably even more important some time later. that scene with her crying her heart out was great too
May 3, 2021 3:20 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I did enjoy the last episode a lot, but this one finally focused on Hatori and what a banger it was.

Finally, and it has been a while since S1, so I needed to refresh on some stuff, but really strong episode.
With this, I hope Hatori is on the right track to be happy.
May 23, 2021 8:28 AM

Apr 2020
Mayu's cry felt forced because it was surprisingly loud, but it's also probably because I didn't understand her (I still don't tho) despite having her pov the entire episode.
Jun 22, 2021 3:06 PM

Feb 2019
So Lemme get this straight, Mayu gets with her friend’s ex after she gets her memories wiped?? That’s so scummy. Damn near threw up
Jul 6, 2021 8:37 AM

Apr 2010
phantomfandom said:
You can't create a strong female character and make her cry in public, in front of her crush, especially when the cause is just the lack of happiness of male character. She didn't cry when her BFF got mindcrushed and got memory suppression.

This. She's always been calm, cool and collected, and that's why I loved her. This bawling loudmouth, acting more hormonal than Tohru herself, is just...no. I'm going to pretend it never happened. This is not at ALL to say she can't cry - freaking hell people don't twist words. But writing a story and characters depicts lines that need to be followed, otherwise there will be no semblance of character OR development. As a story writer, it was just...random.

Because other than that, these two really suit each other! Hatori is one of the best bois of the show, and ya, the chemistry is strong people.
itssimplymeJul 6, 2021 8:43 AM
Jul 24, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2020
Damn that Shigure, he loves to stir things up. He do be playing with everyone and their feelings. I really can't tell if I should hate him or love him.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 30, 2021 1:46 AM

Nov 2020
If Hatori and Mayu ends up together it would be soo unfair to Kana chan. I mean like why didnt she get to be with Hatori? Even if she found her happy ending, but we all know its not true. Her memories with hatori were erased.. makes me soo sad:(
---- Life is nothing but goodbyes ----

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.