Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 23, 2020 1:03 AM

Feb 2018
What separates a great Isekai (Log Horizon, NGNL, Konosuba) from a terrible isekai (Smartphone, 8th Son, ect). Well, there is plot, production costs, animation, character development, sure.
But what amazes me is people in this situation not using all the tools at their disposal. Especially the most powerful tool in Isekai, 21st Century knowledge. Even Kazuma designed a kotatsu and became rich despite having 3 lodestones around his neck.
Bookworm doesn't even hesitate to use the obvious advantages in life. Lets do an anime about making paper. We will cover it up by richly developing the characters, and add in some top class animation. A protagonist with sass and depth. A world that makes sense, with no weird half baked tournament arcs thrown in to fill the weak plot.
I loved the first season, and enjoyed the second. Even the OVA's were entertaining. Lets hope season 3 is a ringer.
Jun 23, 2020 2:54 PM

Dec 2016
While some first week BD sale post looks worrying, Hope for S3 soon or at least not 5+ years. As some twitter user said:

二十七章が放送できるように神に祈りを
\(^o^)/

Let's pray to God for Eps. 27.
HiddenArmyJun 23, 2020 2:57 PM
Jun 23, 2020 6:44 PM

Feb 2014
I liked it a lot.

Up until episode 7 or 8 I was willing to give a 8/10, but the last episodes boosted up my score for a 9/10.

In this season, they slowed down a bit the main story line, and focused in develop other lines (such as a few secondary/tertiary) characters and a few others matters, without completely casting aside the main story.

Anyway, very nice.

9/10
Jun 23, 2020 7:30 PM

Mar 2015
One of my fav anime these past years. Definitely going to dig the Web novel :D
Jun 24, 2020 12:09 PM

Apr 2015
anyone else noticed that as soon as he read her memories he completely changed his view of her? he no longer sees her as Myne, but rather a useful tool to "progress" Erenfest. like how "progressive" and "tolerant" a certain black group claims that they are.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jun 24, 2020 3:35 PM

Oct 2018
I think I'm gonna pick up the books. S2 was even better than S1 and I want more. This is easily one of the best anime released in recent years.
Jun 24, 2020 4:54 PM

Jul 2017
Idk man, i feel like this was a bit of a downgrade compared to the first season, didn't get so invested on it like i was before :/ Well, i really like Myne tho, so i'll always enjoy watching her, thats a big plus for me already. I'll gladly take a 3rd season tbh, hopefully i can get more invested once again.

8/10 for the 1st season, 7/10 for the 2nd
Jun 26, 2020 2:42 AM

Jul 2017
Enjoyed it a bit more than S1. Really hoping for a season 3.

Main complaint I have is it seemed a lot of early episodes on in S2 had a weaker budget. Especially with the last few episodes of S2 showing that they can animate a lot more of the scenes well. My guess is that Kakushigoto got more of a focus over Bookworm S2.
Jun 26, 2020 4:02 AM

Mar 2018
penrhos said:
This was everything that "yesterday wo Utatte" wasn't....

Tell me about it. I finished "yesterday wo utatte" today and it made me furious. God that was seriously crap.

The second season was good but despite having more Ferdinand in it (gigantic plus), the story itself could not quite keep up with the first season. Also, I have no clue who was in charge of the execution but the animation was sometimes slapdash and the score really did not fit at all. I mean like absolutely not at all. It was comedic when it really shouldn't have been.
Jun 26, 2020 11:46 AM

Apr 2020
The magic gap between the two sides is clear at a glance. Even the Knights had to be convinced and no one dare look down on Myne.

I wondered before if the story would finish at the beginning of the first season (Ferdinand went into Myne's memory). The result was really true.

The former mother's part is really good. Myne feels sorry for her former mother and cherishes her present family more. However, the scene where Ferdinand wants the noble to adopt Myne seems like a sign of Myne saying goodbye to her family. Even if they can still meet each other in the future, there will be a gap between the identity of nobles and civilians. It's hard to return to the warm feeling of childhood.

At last, I feel relieved to see "to be continued". Hopefully the third season will come soon.

Jun 27, 2020 2:56 PM
May 2020
They left a lot out from the light novel, but what we got sent the message through well enough. Myne will have to join the Nobles eventually as her mana is literally higher than the Archduke's, so she is cherishing the time she has left to be with the amazing family that first raised her in her new life.
Jun 29, 2020 6:06 AM

Mar 2009
Myne and Lutz are so cute together.

Oh, hey. We've reached the very beginning. Full circle. Sometimes, this season was a bit too grim and dark compared to the first season, and I despise being around the horrible nobles, as it takes us away from Myne's lovely family, but there's no denying this is a quality isekai. We really need more like it. Preferably, more isekai with female leads would be a wonderful thing. Shout-outs to this final episode, in particular, for exploring the psychological ramifications of being whisked away to another world, and leaving your loved ones behind. Not too many isekai go into that as they are, by and large, wish-fulfillment fantasy. I get that. It's fine.

Hope we get another season. Will miss it.
Jun 29, 2020 10:50 PM

Mar 2019
Damn, this series and this ending!!!!

Definitely my favorite in this season...

Also gotta say.. that this is one of the most hard comparations for me betweens seasons...

The S1, was a very shining light in this ridiculous "isekai" series theme...

But the S2, had more and better emotive and intense episodes...

Gotta say, both season were AMAZING.. i hope the third one gets even better...

Maybe compared to other old/classic animes... a 10 is TOO MUCH to give... but compared to this season, to this year and the recent seasons.. a 10 is Fair Enough...

Final Score: 10 of 10, not less.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 5, 2020 4:19 PM

Jul 2017
Not going to lie, the thought of Myne leaving her family, evven if it's for protection, doesn't sit right with me. Ferdinand's heart is in the right place, as per usual, but he's again not taking anyone's feelings into account. Season three will be an intense one, for sure.
Jul 5, 2020 4:40 PM
Jan 2019
minniemoon said:
Ferdinand's heart is in the right place, as per usual, but he's again not taking anyone's feelings into account.

He knows it must be done, and feelings have nothing to do with it. For some reason they omitted from the anime the true reason they all went "oh shit" and decided to check her memories asap - from the trombe ceremony Ferdinand estimated that she already at this age has more mana than the current archduke of Ehrenfest. No government can let somebody more powerful than the head of (local) government run around loose and uneducated; and to be enrolled in the academy (at 10 years old) and be educated about magic you must be a noble. Otherwise, she is a threat to national security and will have to be dealt with accordingly.
Jul 5, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2017
AlexNG said:
minniemoon said:
Ferdinand's heart is in the right place, as per usual, but he's again not taking anyone's feelings into account.

He knows it must be done, and feelings have nothing to do with it. For some reason they omitted from the anime the true reason they all went "oh shit" and decided to check her memories asap - from the trombe ceremony Ferdinand estimated that she already at this age has more mana than the current archduke of Ehrenfest. No government can let somebody more powerful than the head of (local) government run around loose and uneducated; and to be enrolled in the academy (at 10 years old) and be educated about magic you must be a noble. Otherwise, she is a threat to national security and will have to be dealt with accordingly.
That's a cool piece of trivia! However "he knows it must be done" is kind of inacurate, considering he also knows, and stated outloud, that Myne is completely harmless. She only cares about books, her family, and her friends. She's not power hungry or out of control, so wanting her to be adopted is more for his own benefit than Myne's. I do think you're right in terms of plot structure. It would only make sense, this being a long form story, that it'd be really engaging as a reader/viewer to see Myne enter the acadamy. But Myne herself, the individual, isn't a threat to "national security" at all, that's just silly.
Jul 5, 2020 5:55 PM
Jan 2019
minniemoon said:
She's not power hungry or out of control, so wanting her to be adopted is more for his own benefit than Myne's. I do think you're right in terms of plot structure. It would only make sense, this being a long form story, that it'd be really engaging as a reader/viewer to see Myne enter the acadamy. But Myne herself, the individual, isn't a threat to "national security" at all, that's just silly.

Somebody with raw power among the most powerful mages of the country, possibly the most powerful by the point she grows up, but absolutely no training, is definitely a threat. Even worse than her losing control is the possibility of her being kidnapped and used by hostile forces. Commoners ultimately have no legal rights in the face of nobles, so it wouldn't even be illegal unless she is made a noble, or property of a noble. Ferdinand was astonished and amazed at the end of the first season, because if he didn't step in, what she and her family was doing was actually quite literally suicidal. As
he can't just continue to act neutral now that her power is known, and adoption is the nicest option she can ever possibly get.
Jul 5, 2020 6:40 PM

Jul 2017
AlexNG said:
minniemoon said:
She's not power hungry or out of control, so wanting her to be adopted is more for his own benefit than Myne's. I do think you're right in terms of plot structure. It would only make sense, this being a long form story, that it'd be really engaging as a reader/viewer to see Myne enter the acadamy. But Myne herself, the individual, isn't a threat to "national security" at all, that's just silly.

Somebody with raw power among the most powerful mages of the country, possibly the most powerful by the point she grows up, but absolutely no training, is definitely a threat. Even worse than her losing control is the possibility of her being kidnapped and used by hostile forces. Commoners ultimately have no legal rights in the face of nobles, so it wouldn't even be illegal unless she is made a noble, or property of a noble. Ferdinand was astonished and amazed at the end of the first season, because if he didn't step in, what she and her family was doing was actually quite literally suicidal. As
he can't just continue to act neutral now that her power is known, and adoption is the nicest option she can ever possibly get.
Full disclosure, I didn't read the spoiler because I really like the manga and want future events to be a surprise. I definitely don't agree with your first point. This isn't some hypothetical powerful person. It's Myne. We know Myne, she's clearly not a threat.

Though it is true that kidnapping is a concern, he seems to act on Myne's behalf with the best intentions, but doesn't consult her or think about her feelings in regard to his actions. But, you know, at the end of the day it's an intentional character flaw, not a flaw in the writing. I hope that he will show more respect for Myne's emotions over the course of the show in the future, as he's already grown from the start of the second season to the end.
Jul 13, 2020 12:44 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see the scene from the first episode of Ferdinand synchronising with Main's mind, kinda wish they showed more of Ferdinand seeing Japan but oh well.

Can't wait for the third season on Main's quest to be surrounded by books!

Jul 26, 2020 11:21 PM

Sep 2018
I like the Ferdinand now :) it's sad to see Main's past life I feel sad for her mother! I love this season and it's my favorite, I can't wait for the season 3! ️10/10
Jul 28, 2020 3:44 AM

Nov 2016
Well I liked 1st season much more but still this anime is really great and best anime from year 2020 (from already finished seasons since I can't compare with summer animes because haven't seen them yet).
Jul 29, 2020 3:36 AM

Nov 2018
Compared to last season, I found this more enjoyable.

7.5/10

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 8, 2020 7:18 PM
Oct 2019
Kind of sketch he did that with her mind. Kinda sketch he's trying to steal her from her parents again.

Season 2 was better than season 1. Even though the Lutz vs his parents trial episode, and the subsequent episode with the disobedient Myne servant were both god awful. The rest of the season was pretty enjoyable.

8/10 overall
Sep 30, 2020 6:31 PM

Oct 2019
phantomfandom said:
Wondering who'll married with Maine

Lutz is the main candidate
But recently head priest get very close to Maine
And we shouldn't count Benno out yet.

We were already told that unless Maine marries someone with comparable mana she cannot have children. However it was unclear if "cannot" meant "she is not allowed to" (by the nobility) or "it is biologically impossible".
Either way she can't, either due to being prohibited or due to it being impossible. It will also be quite hard to find a noble (or a nobilized commoner who had the Devouring as a child) with a mana comparable to Maine.
Sep 30, 2020 6:56 PM

Oct 2019
Very good season finale. I am somewhat disappointed that Ferdinand wants to exploit Maine but it is surely handy to have such a powerful protector (btw, he almost certainly cares about her but didn't want to lose face with Karstedt; we know he is wired that way). He also reacted quite well to finding out about her previous life; I half expected (given the way he was looking at her in a couple of previous episodes while Maine was super naively talking about librarians, the .. Japanese system of arranging a library and ... printing books) that he was going to think that a demon or a malevolent god sent her to this land.

It was also unclear what Maine's potential "adoption" by Karstedt would mean exactly. Neither Maine nor her parents would ever agree to it so are they planning to enforce her adoption against their will (clearly that would happen during the winter months, when Maine will be isolated by her parents) or Karstedt would be a kind of godfather or "uncle" of Maine?

Ferdinand earlier handled the entire thing with the potential adoption of Lutzh by Benno quite well, so I really hope he does not plan to have Karstedt steal Maine from her parents.
Oct 1, 2020 7:14 AM
Apr 2016
Sharpedon said:
Very good season finale. I am somewhat disappointed that Ferdinand wants to exploit Maine but it is surely handy to have such a powerful protector (btw, he almost certainly cares about her but didn't want to lose face with Karstedt; we know he is wired that way). He also reacted quite well to finding out about her previous life; I half expected (given the way he was looking at her in a couple of previous episodes while Maine was super naively talking about librarians, the .. Japanese system of arranging a library and ... printing books) that he was going to think that a demon or a malevolent god sent her to this land.

I believe the entire point of Ferdinand using the memory sharing item was to make sure she wasn't a threat, as he definitely had his suspicions given she's not just smart, but educated, which for a commoner is off. As for his reaction to learning the truth I'm not that surprised he accepted it. I mean he saw her memories with his own eyes and doesn't seem like the guy who would deny evidence put directly in front of his face. Far to logical for that.

As for exploiting her/her ideas, I think that's just him "sweetening the pot" to get the Knight Captain to go along with the adoption, as he knows her ideas and probably more importantly mana are going to make her a target so in order to protect her from the more dickish nobles he would have to get her in noble society under a powerful noble like the Knight Captain.

Oct 2, 2020 3:39 AM
Jan 2019
Sharpedon said:
However it was unclear if "cannot" meant "she is not allowed to" (by the nobility) or "it is biologically impossible".

As explicitly confirmed in an author's Q&A, it is biologically impossible. People with magic powers even develop a sixth sense ability some time during puberty that allows them to feel which people are "within range" for them.
Oct 6, 2020 2:03 AM

Oct 2008
Excellent final episode of Season 2!
Ferdinand tapped in to the memories of Maine and sought the truth!
that hug was cute and emotional!
Season 3 here we go! let wait for a bit or long cuz we're not sure when it would be...
5/5!
8/10.
matias067Oct 6, 2020 2:08 AM

Oct 21, 2020 8:40 AM

May 2015
Oh WOW!!! That was a REALLY GOOD EPISODE!!!!

I absolutely loved this episode. Im so surprised they actually revealed Mein's past life to the Head Priest. Like no isekais ever really actually reveal to anyone their isekai backstory and here its just being discussed by the Head Priest with another guy. I really like it, very interesting.

Also I absolutely love the whole family shit coming from this series. The Head Priest acts like a second father to Mein and its great.

That whole scene where they went to Mein's past really hit the feels hard. It was nice seeing the Priest recieve Mein's feelings and the hug was great. I love seeing them two act like family.

Now since we've came back to the scene from episode 1 I assume they dont plan to make anymore anime seasons which tbh Im personally fine with. 2 really solid seasons of enjoyable fun that told a good story that "goes on" in the light novel. I bought vol 1 of the light novel and because of this episode Im really interested in going past the anime. (Obviously it would take a lot of reading and there probably isnt much so far after the anime since 2 anime seasons probably take up most of the content but Im still very much interested in reading it eventually)

But yes, this series is now ever. It was such a treat to have a 2 season series where Iguchi Yuka voiced the main character. One of my top 2 favourite voice actors and she really made Mein so loveable.

Great series.

Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 21, 2020 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
DarknessReality said:

Now since we've came back to the scene from episode 1 I assume they dont plan to make anymore anime seasons which tbh Im personally fine with. 2 really solid seasons of enjoyable fun that told a good story that "goes on" in the light novel. I bought vol 1 of the light novel and because of this episode Im really interested in going past the anime. (Obviously it would take a lot of reading and there probably isnt much so far after the anime since 2 anime seasons probably take up most of the content but Im still very much interested in reading it eventually)

But yes, this series is now ever. It was such a treat to have a 2 season series where Iguchi Yuka voiced the main character. One of my top 2 favourite voice actors and she really made Mein so loveable.

Great series.

season 3 has been announced a while ago (we have yet to know when it'll be though).
https://myanimelist.net/anime/42429/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_3rd_Season
Make sure to add it to you ptw list :3
Oct 21, 2020 12:13 PM
Jan 2019
DarknessReality said:
Obviously it would take a lot of reading and there probably isnt much so far after the anime since 2 anime seasons probably take up most of the content but Im still very much interested in reading it eventually

There isn't that much yet translated (9 volumes), but the original already has 24 volumes (anime covered 5; expected final count around 31), and the WN original is complete (anime covered ~133 of 677 chapters).
AlexNGOct 21, 2020 12:22 PM
Oct 22, 2020 2:41 AM

May 2015
Zefyris said:

season 3 has been announced a while ago (we have yet to know when it'll be though).
https://myanimelist.net/anime/42429/Honzuki_no_Gekokujou__Shisho_ni_Naru_Tame_ni_wa_Shudan_wo_Erandeiraremasen_3rd_Season
Make sure to add it to you ptw list :3

Oh, Ive proven wrong then XD.

AlexNG said:

There isn't that much yet translated (9 volumes), but the original already has 24 volumes (anime covered 5; expected final count around 31), and the WN original is complete (anime covered ~133 of 677 chapters).

Oh wow. I didnt think there would be that many volumes for this series. (Even if they're untranslated)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 6, 2021 10:01 PM

Jun 2009
this anime is pretty sick. can't wait for s3.
Mar 13, 2021 3:53 AM

Aug 2018
Well, Myne has a lot of mana even by adult standards, it seems.. Well, glad for her.. ;P
Hm.. So Ferdinand sees Myne as being able to bring his country to glory, hm.. Well, it's at the same time promising thing, but also dangerous.. I myself really wait this more than not.. For more and more inventions to be brought into this world.. But just also too many evil people, who could use knowledge to hit poverty and others even more..
And Myne's view on what family she is born in - changed.. Well, as before she said to Lutz that she never wanted to become someone like she is now, with body so bad physically.. But now times changed.. Well, her health changed as well, after all.. But she also is glad she is born in this family too..
Well.. Prospects are interesting, but also a bit sad.. Like.. If Myne will live in aristocracy place (well, if we'll go this route - not necessary) - we maybe will see less or even won't see many characters we know in low town.. Like Benno.. I grew to like him.. Or some other characters.. We'll see, of course..
Mar 23, 2021 7:59 AM
Oct 2016
Gendolfas said:
Well, Myne has a lot of mana even by adult standards, it seems.. Well, glad for her.. ;P
Hm.. So Ferdinand sees Myne as being able to bring his country to glory, hm.. Well, it's at the same time promising thing, but also dangerous.. I myself really wait this more than not.. For more and more inventions to be brought into this world.. But just also too many evil people, who could use knowledge to hit poverty and others even more..
And Myne's view on what family she is born in - changed.. Well, as before she said to Lutz that she never wanted to become someone like she is now, with body so bad physically.. But now times changed.. Well, her health changed as well, after all.. But she also is glad she is born in this family too..
Well.. Prospects are interesting, but also a bit sad.. Like.. If Myne will live in aristocracy place (well, if we'll go this route - not necessary) - we maybe will see less or even won't see many characters we know in low town.. Like Benno.. I grew to like him.. Or some other characters.. We'll see, of course..

We will see the conclusion at Season 3,
Mar 23, 2021 9:18 AM

Aug 2018
Chiex said:

Not sure, about which part of my comment you're telling this about.. Like about inventions?.. Or Myne getting into higher town and leaving lower?.. I'm not too sure, what you're answering..
Mar 27, 2021 9:32 PM

May 2019
loved this show and this season even more.

While the first part was "yay, medieval poor life sucks, but we can be happy!"...

this cour was "oh my, noble society has TENSION all the time, how can i be happy?"

Since i relate myself with Ferdnand more than Myne, i enjoyed this.

Most of time i was "MYYNE, TAKE CARE, SHUT THE F* UP!"

It is the fantasy anime with the best representation of mature characters acting in mature way, each in their social circle, and kids (including Myne, since she was an imature lady in japan), acting according.

I'm very worried with tragedy, since there is huge death flags raised aggainst Myne familly.

And thankfully, thanks, this show is not ONLY about books.

Solid 9/10.
Apr 17, 2021 1:15 PM

May 2016
Chiex said:
Gendolfas said:

heartbreaking how? what happened?
Sep 16, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 2021
Dude this guy is supposed to be the GOOD guy, and he fucking DRUGGED a 7 year old? And used a magic item on her? Seriously F#$# this guy forever, I will never like him after that, she won't answer your questions so you DRUG her and FORCE her answers out. I wish she could FIGHT her way out of this and tell him to go F himself. This really pissed me off. Also she really was a shitty kid, ignoring your mom while she makes dinner for you, and NOW she wants to apologize. Uhh
Sep 23, 2021 1:46 AM

Mar 2013
I was actually looking forward for that man–the head priest Ferdinand to actually see the old memories of Myne's past life since episode 1 of the 1st season and what will be his opinion of Myne's existence.

While I do love how Ferdinand defended Myne earlier from how she was treated while they're trying to subjugate that plant monster, his true motives are still unknown for me even if he said at the end that he will try to use her memories or knowledge from Myne's past life for the sake of Erenfest. I just hope she won't be used as a puppet by anyone or I hope her knowledge won't be monopolized and destroy the current civilization just yet... 😅

DKDiabloLicht said:
Dude this guy is supposed to be the GOOD guy, and he fucking DRUGGED a 7 year old? And used a magic item on her? Seriously F#$# this guy forever, I will never like him after that, she won't answer your questions so you DRUG her and FORCE her answers out. I wish she could FIGHT her way out of this and tell him to go F himself. This really pissed me off. Also she really was a shitty kid, ignoring your mom while she makes dinner for you, and NOW she wants to apologize. Uhh

Yes, I also noticed how he drugged Myne. The moment I saw him did it made me despise his character even though I like his character earlier when defending the integrity of Myne, how he did it just to get some info about her was ruthless and cruel but Myne was okay with it so...
CrazyButNot4USep 23, 2021 1:53 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 23, 2021 3:29 PM

Jan 2021
I don't really like this series but i'll admit this was a pretty good episode.

I actually kinda look forward to season 3 now because of it
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Mar 14, 2022 6:43 AM

May 2020
Atleast things ended well towards the end, with Myne being able to show the immense mana she pocesses. Also we got the continuation of that very first scene we saw in the very first few minutes of the first episode, with high priest checking onto Myne's memories. So yeah he knows the truth about her now. But that whole adopting Myne in the Nobel society got me a bit worried as this means we won't see our usual characters as much as we see them now.

Still liked this season as much as the first one. And will gladly take as many as seasons it gets. Wait for upcoming third one now.
8.5/10.
May 27, 2022 12:23 AM

Sep 2018
Another excellent season, I love how meticulous and nuanced everything is, a lot of thought was obviously put into this series and it's development. Also, Fernidand is a really awesome character, multi layered and morally grey, when he speaks, I listen lol...

Doesn't rush the magic setting and world building, so whenever something of that sort of scale happens, for instance when they went to take on the tromble and Myne healed the desolate area, the wow factor is raised tenfold as a result. 9/10 season.
Jun 8, 2022 4:55 AM

Apr 2009
So the mana reserves of the nobility are really dwindling if Ferdinand's contempt of green haired dude's ritual performance is a sign, and if his conversation with Karstedt bear fruit, they will have Industrial Revolution soon, thrown in with magic!

Ah we have come full circle to the first episode. Yes Ferdinand, you will have the power of the our 21st century tech, though she really only likes physical books so I'm afraid you won't have the internet and smartphones soon, maybe if she was interested on ebooks though but hey you still have mana and magic, maybe she'll find a way to store and charge those better like our present handheld personal computers that we call mobile devices!

7/10 Ascendance of a commoner to a noble bookworm, mind you!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 6, 2022 1:13 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
That part where the priest blamed Myne for being sentimental really made me chuckle because it was him who invaded her privacy.
She made a whole bunch of books at the end of this, amazing how much she got done in just a short time. But too bad she'll have to leave her family...
Myne completely threw the knights off their feet with her big mana attack. I'm happy for her that she got to see her mother again, even if it was just a small part. And as the priest said, she lets her guard down much too easy.
Jan 4, 2023 8:05 PM

Dec 2018
so much happened in this episode but i really liked a lot of this season, and i hope to see more.
Mar 3, 2023 1:57 PM
Jul 2017
Can´t wair for the next season
Mar 29, 2023 11:25 AM

Sep 2017
Well fuck me. We finally get to the scene from ep 1. Main is pretty careless trusting Ferdinand with her past like that. I was surprised that Ferdinand went and told the other knight captain guy. He seems to generally have Main's interest at heart but that scene was kinda sketchy. What exactly will adopting Main entail with regards to her real family and how far will this knowledge of Main spread? Definitely some sketchy things that could happen from here out but at least I can just jump into the next season right away.
Jun 16, 2023 8:25 AM
Nov 2022
Ascendance of a Bookworm is now one of my favorite animes. The anime is so different from anything I've seen before. Myne has grown a lot in season two and her relationship with Lutz, Benno and her new family is adorable. I also really like the newly introduced characters, especially Fran (he's the best boy). Ferdinand has also become a very interesting character and I'm curious if we can learn more about his story. Overall I would give the season a 9/10 and am excited to see what season 3 has to offer.
Jul 5, 2023 10:22 AM
Nov 2022
daedalron said:
They cut so much from Ferdinand seeing our world... How he marveled at the doors of the library opening, how cars and lightbulbs worked (he thought that was magic), Main showing him the real Cinderella story in the library... And how ashamed he was for Main when she went and took a shower while he was seeing everything...

They also changed what I thought was the most emotional moment, when Main apologized to her Mom in the dreamworld, saying how sorry she was for dying first, and never realizing how much her mother cared for her. (That's the thing which was way too emotional for Ferdinand and why he was forced to cut the connection).

Yeah, I was really disappointed to see so many good scenes being reduced to like 3 or 2 and the only emotional one couldn't be that great.
Like, her apologising to her mom in the real world is cool too, it's like a redemption but her apology in the dream world is even better ? it was a good way for her to make peace with her mom but well, They're cowards.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2020

92 by howskie »»
May 3, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

92 by wildhood »»
Apr 19, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

90 by Kvistis »»
Feb 19, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

72 by Kvistis »»
Feb 15, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

103 by FarCritical »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.