Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2008 3:54 AM

Mar 2008
dam good 5/5 episode.
HiromiXShin ending with that rly sweet bit at the bamboo grove
Noe made friends
Ai got back with Miyokichi (even though it happened already)
I reckon this was one of the best anime this summer season
Mar 31, 2008 8:15 AM

Jul 2007
LeTrueNoir said:
T_T this anime is one of the best dramas hope thay make a game with different endings T_T
Well there is a game already, though it has nothing to do with the anime in any way other than the name XD
Mar 31, 2008 10:48 AM

Sep 2007
Pretty boring end...it had much potential but simply missed the mark.

9/10

Mar 31, 2008 6:47 PM
Feb 2008
overall it was a very solid romance series and i like to rate things in thier genre more so than overall
Mar 31, 2008 9:50 PM
Mar 2008
lilgumba said:
canis said:

I also wondered about that. Was that even fanservice? o_O Ok, I'm a girl and maybe fail to see the pleasure this scene gave to male viewers, but it really was just weird. XD Hiromi acts weird since she lives alone. XD

However, she does do weird things when alone...like the foot bra thing from earlier.

LOL yeah that was WEIRD, I was like, wtf is that, that's some creepy fanservice right there.
Mar 31, 2008 10:54 PM

Jul 2007
h0riz0nLine said:
DigimonTamer said:
Dan88 said:
wow what a boring episode and ending! Did the producers lose their nerve at the last moment. We get a cliff hanger ...and then nothing.

Hiromi can do the splits ....she is such a ditzy house wife! How small is her brain!
Shinichiro is such a pussy whipped wimp.

No amount of desperate shouting of this love for Hiromi is going to hide the fact he loved Noe. He is clearly going to have regretes, like his dad, for a long while.
It seemed like Hiromi was rail roading him into a relationship which he did not seem very passionate about. However he is young and will hopefully find someone else he truly loves and walk out on Hiromi (they are only going out anyway) - it is what would happen in the west but do the Japanese do things like that.

The series had a good start and then just faded away at the end...
No need to buy this series on DVDs then!

Thank You!

I really did think it was kind of clear with how Shin acted these last 2 episodes that he really loved Noe but he was somehow pressured into a Hiromi relationship. You can't ignore how he totally blew off Hiromi at the end of episode 12 to go be with Noe and then you can't ignore how emotional he got when he had to break the news to Noe that he was a spineless wimp and he couldn't turn away from what he was pressured into.

He also really hesitated when he was saying to Noe that Hiromi was in his heart while crying. I really think it's rather obvious.
Ha ha ha no need to run away from reality dude... The reality is, Hiromi wins. ha ha ha.

"gg noefags, you lose"
-woof fansub group

XD

The reality is, this is an anime.

Btw, it was originally a game where you could choose who you wanted to end with, so there's no "real" ending.
Mar 31, 2008 11:17 PM

Sep 2007
Spy47 said:
The reality is, this is an anime.

Btw, it was originally a game where you could choose who you wanted to end with, so there's no "real" ending.

Not really, tho. The anime shares none of the original plot or characters from the game. Just about the only thing they have in common is the name.
Apr 1, 2008 9:44 AM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:
hah they made a 2:24 sub from the ending scene before the complete subs:

Oh, LOL! I'm dl that right away!

Yeah I thought the anime was great overall, but at the end, was it just me or did Jun have a son at the end? (Possibly with Noe?!)
Apr 1, 2008 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
It was just a random kid on the bus who happened to be in the middle of the picture.
Apr 1, 2008 2:00 PM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
It was a very nice end. But it was so sad for Noe. I at least still <3 you though. Overall this show gets a high 8 from me. Really enjoyed this series as a whole.

DigimonTamer said:

*sigh*

Hiromi really ruined this show.

EDIT- Just decided to look at something from this very website!!

Noe Member Favorites = 75
Hiromi Member Favorites = 22

The makers of this anime really messed up as it's clear who the fans preferred, and it wasn't Hiromi.

It was still am ok show, so 8/10 is what i give as well..
Apr 1, 2008 2:02 PM

Feb 2008
naikou said:
Nino said:
So I guess we'll never know why Shin's mom hated Hiromi's mom D:

Forgive me if I'm forgetting something, but didn't she make a big deal out of thinking that her husband had cheated on her with Hiromi's mother? I don't think that was a lie she made up, I think she really believed that had happened.

She said at the end of episode 9 that she already knew something like that had never happened and admitted that she lied. So it seems kind of odd, that she was that mean to Hiromi over something she knew was a lie. Even if she thought it was true when she was younger, she knew now that it wasn't, so why still harbor such hatred?
Apr 1, 2008 2:11 PM

Jul 2007
I'm not sure if it makes sense to have two characters get together just because of the fandom. I mean, if you're going for the "Happy Ending" route then you'll want to have the two characters who "fit" the best to end up together, and with a love that has been brewing for the better part of their lives this is certainly Hiromi and Shin. Not to mention it complements Hiromi's past.

That aside, I personally preferred Noe, I thought she was a much more interesting character. However I did not like the way the show handled her tears. Sure, I usually enjoy such subtle endings, in this case I thought it could have been done more effectively with a dramatic confrontation of her reclaiming her tears.

Though, I will admit, the subtle ending was beautiful. So in the end, this show ends up with a 7, at the higher end of things. It was quite nicely done.
Apr 1, 2008 2:11 PM

Aug 2007
YuenSan said:

Yeah I thought the anime was great overall, but at the end, was it just me or did Jun have a son at the end? (Possibly with Noe?!)

lmao it did seem like that. I was like wtfsmallkid.
Apr 1, 2008 3:34 PM

Oct 2007
Nino said:
She said at the end of episode 9 that she already knew something like that had never happened and admitted that she lied. So it seems kind of odd, that she was that mean to Hiromi over something she knew was a lie. Even if she thought it was true when she was younger, she knew now that it wasn't, so why still harbor such hatred?

It's because Shin = Shin's Dad, Hiromi = Shin's Mum and Noe = Hiromi's Mum and Hiromi was a constant reminded of the person Shin's Mother nearly lost her husband to. I'll re post what I posted on psgels blog a few days ago.

Very rough but I haven't had time to go over the Suki thread to iron out the kinks.

Okay this is just speculation since it involves a lot of reading in between the lines but I believe I’m close enough to be right. I think Shin’s mother went through a similar experience to Hiromi when she was younger.

Shin = Shin’s Dad
Hiromi = Shin’s Mother
Noe = Hiromi’s Mother

Remember how Shin’s mother (I wish she had a name….) cut out the head of Hiromi’s mother in that picture. Remember how she mentioned that Hiromi looked just like her and also had eyes that could seduce men. The latter line Hiromi used on Noe before realizing she was becoming like Shin’s mother was another clue imo.

So Shin’s mother (who I have to say is hot) didn’t really hate Hiromi, she just hated Hiromi’s mother and you could say she transferred her hate onto Hiromi. Having a constant reminder of the woman you nearly lost your husband too must’ve been hard on her.

I don’t think she honestly realized how much she was affecting Hiromi. She was shocked when Hiromi brought up the “You’re related to Shin” barb which was probably just a random dart she through in frustration, sadly for Hiromi it hit her heart.

Episode 7 she tried to talk to her about it but got interrupted by Shin, from episode 9 onwards she treated Hiromi as an actual person and not “that persons” daughter. In the last episode at the scene from the 8 minute mark onwards I think she picked up that Hiromi was in a similar situation to her which caused the visit to her flat later on.

Shin’s dads reaction to Shin’s question about when you cry was another hint, notice how Shin said that Noe made his heart waver which was the response Shin’s dad said.

Anyway I haven’t read the rest of the Suki thread since yesterday (page 5) but I’m sure someone on their has posted something similar, but more well thought out and articulate.
Apr 2, 2008 5:35 PM

Dec 2007
Shin x Hiromi all way! Noe and Shin scene are very emotional. Sad day for Noe. I'm glad that she's happy when she's in school. Hiromi and Shin's mom's have a nice relationship. I really don't care about Noe's brother. This episode felt rushed to me but good episode. Best romance anime on Winter 2008 even I've seen so far.

9.4/10 on this series from me.
Apr 2, 2008 5:41 PM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:

Which group did that? I don't recall it in the version I watched.
Apr 2, 2008 6:04 PM

Jul 2007
it's a sepparate file, check in tokyotosho
Apr 2, 2008 9:23 PM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
Yay for Hiromi!! :D

Anyway.. lame ending, wtf not even a kiss

i noe man>=o!

Apr 2, 2008 10:39 PM

Oct 2007
They already kissed and like the ending for the original El Hazard anime it's obvious they love each other anyway.
Apr 3, 2008 8:55 PM

Sep 2007
i liked Noe but i wasnt expecting they would get together because it was clearly obvious Shin wanted Hiromi throughout the series, unless they really were blood related then its a different story. The thing that felt like there was something missing is that for some reason i wanted Noe to be able to cry again. The ending was satisfying and the opening and ending song went well with the series. best harem as of yet.

Kotori said:

Which group did that? I don't recall it in the version I watched.

looks like it was done by "m.3.3.w Fansubs"
acdc123Apr 3, 2008 9:08 PM
Apr 3, 2008 11:07 PM
Dec 2007
This is a great romance anime! I like all the characters, but initially I though Shin was going to end up with Noe. I'm not a fan of harem animes basically because usually the character I want to main character to go out with, doesn't.
Originally I wanted Hiromi to win, but after the introduction on Noe, I knew that he was going to end up with her; though this didn't neccessarily disapoint me, it did create a bit of a shock.

This anime is definatly NOT a cliched anime, the animation is good all around, and the music and sound effects are outstanding! The ending was good, but it felt dragged, they could have added more scenes within those dragged moments, but overall a great anime ^^

9/10
i tried writing my signature onto the monitor screen, but it didn't come up. WHY?!!:?!!
Apr 4, 2008 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
I was never all that keen on Hiromi, so it bugged me a hell of a lot when he chose her over Noe. Although I'm sure it's made Noe's brother pretty content. :P
I was pleased to see the other pairings go well, but there was just something about the ending that irriated me. Perhaps True Tears Second will get rid of that feeling.

It's a 6/10 from me.
Apr 4, 2008 3:41 PM

Jul 2007
I doubt there's room in the story for a 2nd season
Apr 4, 2008 5:33 PM
Feb 2008
Rubbish ending to what could have been a great romance drama. Disappointment.
RAVENKamApr 4, 2008 5:40 PM

Apr 5, 2008 4:21 AM
Jun 2007
Uuchie said:
LeTrueNoir said:
T_T this anime is one of the best dramas hope thay make a game with different endings T_T
Well there is a game already, though it has nothing to do with the anime in any way other than the name XD
lol i know i seen it XD
Apr 5, 2008 8:05 AM

Aug 2007
What an ending =.= I SUPPORT NOE !
Apr 5, 2008 8:44 AM

Mar 2008
It's the first time I write s.t. about this anime.

2/3 of the show I thought it was really, really great. A 9 - nearly a 10.
But the last few episodes were strange. Not really so good anymore. Now it's still a 9 but nearly an 8 for me.

I didn't really prefer one girl over the other, so the outcome was ok. Still the only "not-emo" girl was Ai-chan. The one thing this anime has done really well was to cloak the outcome. Until ep 13 I was not 100% sure who would get Shin. I always thought it would be Hitomi, but i wavered at some points.

There were some parts not really logical and rather unrealistic in the last few eps.
Endings have to be great and this one disappointed me a bit, after all those good episodes before. I had to think of "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" and how it made so many things better near the end.

Shin was a rather lame guy (like most male leads in romance animes). I mean at first he was rather ok, but during the last episodes he couldn't do anything without somebody telling him what he should do. He was a severe case, since we knew from the start that he loves Hitomi. But he couldn't open his mouth. In the end of 10 he seemed to have awakened, but he did nothing! He even had to be kissed and still did nothing. I mean how unrealistic is this?

Noe's brotherxNoe reminded me a bit of "I'm in love with my sister" (you have to watch this anime - it's nearly a 10, too) and how he decided to move away, because it is painful for him.

Any other person who was a bit afraid that Shin's mum could have poisened the food? ^^

Ok, time to finish this:

Noe made watching this great! She had a very unique and strange personality. She can fight on equal terms with Mai and Futami. Yay for Noe!

Ah yes, the animation. With no doubt a 10! Fantastic drawing!

Overall 9/10.

Apr 5, 2008 12:46 PM
Apr 2007
It was ok but I was expecting more, both girls are nutcases and I was always wondering when they would suicide.

I enjoyed the end tho, it was a bit plain but i liked Noe side, I couldn't accept him choosing noe, there was no reason for that. Now Hiromi shouldnt get him either just like that, it needed something more to be perfect.
Apr 6, 2008 5:37 PM

Jun 2007
I would have preferred Noe, but it was a nice ending regardless. Noe and Shin both learned something from each other and became better people because of it...Nice to see Aiko has her priorities sorted as well...
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Apr 9, 2008 11:17 AM
Oct 2007
I enjoyed this series but the ending left me somewhat disappointed
Apr 11, 2008 11:08 AM
Feb 2008
No Noe :'-(
Apr 11, 2008 3:03 PM

Feb 2007
Great episode overall, but I hate that he chose Hiromi over Noe. Noe was just a plain better character than Hiromi was. I thought that Hiromi was far to depressing most of the time, but hell maybe I'm the only guy who likes happier girls. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Apr 11, 2008 3:25 PM

Mar 2008
Parsalian27 said:
but hell maybe I'm the only guy who likes happier girls. :P

I think this is the case here! :P

To be honest, we all knew from the start that he only loves Hiromi. He had no real feelings from Noe. It would be cruel for her to get a guy who doesn't really love her.

So to all those sulking Noe-lovers out there: Stop rating the show down for that reason!! Do you really want Noe to get such a lame guy? If you love Noe, better be happy that she has a chance now to get a really nice guy! :)
Apr 15, 2008 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
Somewhere I knew he would choose Hiromi.
...I was still hoping for a Noe ending tho T^T

Apr 19, 2008 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
Although the end of the show was a bit disappointing for me, it is still a clear 9/10! ^^
Apr 25, 2008 11:41 AM

Apr 2008
I gave it the same score.

This is also one of the few series that I bothered redownloading for the sake of keeping.
Apr 25, 2008 8:06 PM

Aug 2007
lol at the end no kiss, but hiromi ftw
Apr 26, 2008 8:45 AM

Mar 2008
man i wantd noe 2 go wiv him in the end. arghhh. and the threads didnt seem 2 link 2gether after ep 9, i mean 1st he liked Hiromi, then noe (which was cute esp hw she was finally happy) and then bac 2 hiromi?? mak up ur mind!! then hiromi didnt rly seem 2 interestd in noes bro, why go out with him?! and i thought it wud b building up 2 something big so tht noe wud retrieve her tears and he wud b able to fly. but no. ahhh well it was an alrite anime
~x =D x~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2008 4:22 AM
Oct 2007
Poor Noe ;_;

At least she can go out with her brother I guess...
Apr 29, 2008 1:44 PM

Feb 2008
I just LMAOd in that version of woof subs. Although they've released another version w/c doesn't have those kind of subs. Haha! Really! Just what I've expected! This series is not really focused on Harem but on the meaning of TRUE TEARS. XD

Hahaha! I'm not expecting like so much drama and romance, but yeah. It got the point of having those TRUE TEARS. I'm mostly like Noe now, always feel to myself and never opens up to others. Hahah! I'm still searching where can I have those TRUE TEARS. I never cried, really?! (except when I'm injured when I'm 3-4yrs old) Even this romance anime I've watched. I never really cried, although I'm touched. There's no response in my tears. And I would just think "OK!" to it.

Hahah! Still 9/10 for me for having a brilliant animation and sound. Love it when the it's capturing from the sky. The way the students walk are just in 3d! Hahaha! XD

Btw, in the scene where Hiromi just made a 180degrees split. I still didn't get what's the point in telling that to Shin in the snow scene then suddenly Shin confesses to her. Hahaha! Likes:

Hiromi: I just split my legs and I perfectly did it for the FIRST TIME!
Shin: REALLY?! THEN LET'S GO OUT!
Hiromi: NO!

WTF?! HAHAHA!

Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong. My biology teacher just said when I'm in 2nd year high school that when a girl just splits, there's a possibility that they will be like
Just correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!
Apr 29, 2008 2:04 PM

Apr 2007
babykeiji said:
Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong. My biology teacher just said when I'm in 2nd year high school that when a girl just splits, there's a possibility that they will be like

LOL! XD Maybe that is what she really wanted to say then.

Apr 29, 2008 2:12 PM

Feb 2008
canis said:
babykeiji said:

LOL! XD Maybe that is what she really wanted to say then.

Hahaha! Yeah correct!

Then True Tears became a Rx. LOL!
Apr 29, 2008 9:30 PM

Mar 2007
All I'm gona say is... at least he ended up with Hiromi...

P.S. And siff not kiss...seriously...would've made a better mood...
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
May 1, 2008 6:04 AM
Jul 2007
HIROMI ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 1, 2008 11:08 AM

Apr 2007
babykeiji said:

This explains a lot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2008 2:04 PM

Nov 2007
As a Noe fanboy,i would have preferred the alt ending...
Jul 9, 2008 9:21 PM

May 2008
Drengot said:
*re-writes the ending*
Shin realizes how much Noe is important for him, as she was the one who cheers him up, gives him courage, etc. Thus he told Hiromi that he likes Noe better. Hiromi (depressed) went to Jun's and tries to have sex with him, Jun declines, slaps her, and see the reality. As time passes, Hiromi finally accepted, that she "graduated" from Shin (like Aiko?). Meanwhile, Noe (depressed) tries to do suicide, because of too much pressure on her and she couldn't get it out since she couldn't cry. Thus Shin tries to stop her, and Shin told her that he loves her. Noe couldn't believe, cuz she thought he's in love with Hiromi, Shin proved it by trying to commit suicide as well. Thus it convinced Noe and they kissed and sex. At the end of Winter, the snows are melting and Shin holding hands with Noe saw the stones written "I love Noe". The end.

i love ur rewrite thats the perfect ending =D
Jul 28, 2008 4:36 PM

Mar 2008
I gave the show a 6. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very original. Reminded me a lot of ef - a tale of memories (which I rated 10) and a little bit of Kanon (7 & 8) as well as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (10). The story was a little choppy too. Not much real flow and some things needed to be explained better. It wasn't well executed. I guess I'm a tad disappointed. I couldn't really get attached to any of the 3 girls either. . . I think it could have been much better. I'm being lenient in giving episode 13 a rating of 3/5.
Aug 10, 2008 12:46 PM

Apr 2008
Just finished watching the series. The last series I watched before True Tears was School Days, and boy, did I love the ending, after that traumatic ending in School Days.

Everything went well. Shin realized his true feelings, and Hiromi was finally (after an entire year <.<) able to overcome her own problems. Noe looked a little sad, but I think she's happy that she was able to learn about crying and flying, so that she will be able to one day fly herself. Nobuse and Ai got along pretty well too.

It's a pity they didn't do anything more in the end; it was just a hug D: I'm the type of person that prefers an epilogue after the last action, that shows the state of things after everything has been settled. But then again, that's just probably me, because I have no imagination XD.

Overall, great series, 10/10
Aug 11, 2008 6:07 AM

Apr 2007
Nieka said:
Drengot said:
*re-writes the ending*
Shin realizes how much Noe is important for him, as she was the one who cheers him up, gives him courage, etc. Thus he told Hiromi that he likes Noe better. Hiromi (depressed) went to Jun's and tries to have sex with him, Jun declines, slaps her, and see the reality. As time passes, Hiromi finally accepted, that she "graduated" from Shin (like Aiko?). Meanwhile, Noe (depressed) tries to do suicide, because of too much pressure on her and she couldn't get it out since she couldn't cry. Thus Shin tries to stop her, and Shin told her that he loves her. Noe couldn't believe, cuz she thought he's in love with Hiromi, Shin proved it by trying to commit suicide as well. Thus it convinced Noe and they kissed and sex. At the end of Winter, the snows are melting and Shin holding hands with Noe saw the stones written "I love Noe". The end.

i love ur rewrite thats the perfect ending =D
DarthNicolas said:
As a Noe fanboy,i would have preferred the alt ending...

Can't say I was against Hiromi but I was for Noe.

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM

» True Tears Quotes

ClannadForever - Jun 9, 2009

6 by Syureria »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.