Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's ok so far. Cute character cast with..school and baseball themes.

First episode introduced the main cast. I think Ukita is the cutest one so far. She definitely needs to improve though. Actually, the entire cast needs improvement. Still, it seems like this is a pretty lighthearted anime and the cast is having their fun.

Apr 7, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
Well, I can't say no to a girls baseball anime so I approve! xD

Anyway, this was actually much better than I thought. The characters seem nice and fun and it looks like it might be more story oriented so I'm interested.

The soundtrack is great and the sound direction was really nice, made the scenes where Nozoki begins having fun very compelling.
Loving Tsubasa already. <3

Looking forward to more.
Apr 7, 2019 11:40 AM

Sep 2017
The animation is awful. The characters are constantly off-model. The girls are generic and boring too.
Apr 7, 2019 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
I simply have to compare this with Taisho Baseball Girls and frankly speaking, it doesn't even come close as far as first impressions are concerned.

I still think that this will be a decent watch and maybe even a bit more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2019 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
This had a lot of derpy eyes. Ukita and Blondie are cute though.
Apr 7, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
Heee... Honoka, is that you...xD?

Lol, well it's a introduction-episode, but nevertheless a fine start: the girls are already likable, the animation is so far fine. I'll keep the track, and follow the show. I'm sure that I'll it not regret, it'll be a fun ride and a good show.

Edit: Dunno, but I've somehow a LL! vide about the show, "but dunno why...~xD"
Apr 7, 2019 12:30 PM

Apr 2017
Not a big fan of many sports anime, so I already started off pretty bias, but this seems rather below average :/ The girl in the hoodie is cute though. Hopefully it'll peak my interest as the season progresses, but I'm not expecting much from this one.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Apr 7, 2019 1:16 PM

Mar 2018
cute and relaxing anime. gonna watch a few more episodes before I will decide if i drop it or not
Apr 7, 2019 1:18 PM
Sep 2018
Slightly odd-man out here, I guess.

I'm not generally into sports, at all.
I mean, in RL the only time I actually followed what was happening was when I worked in Chicago, and the Trailblazers were up against the Bulls; I'm from Oregon originally, so I did the "Rabid Blazers Fan" act to tease my co-workers.
To the point of having my parents ship "appropriate" t-shirts out to wear at work.
We all agreed that if the Trailbalzers had actually won the series, it would be best if I stayed home the next day...
Chicago sports fan can be scary...
And that was back in the early 1990s...
Well, I _did_ make it to a Cubs game while in Chicago, but that was a social outing with co-workers. They lost, of course.

And it wasn't until I followed the link here to the "prequel" that I caught on that this is loosely based on a real game.

But, I _am_ into stories that deal with relationships, the interaction between various individuals.
And also the following of a goal.
Dreaming a dream and trying to make it happen.
Ballroom e Youkuso and Hibike! Euphonium are amongst my favorites for that reason.

So.
I enjoyed this.
To me, it has potential within my areas of interest.

As to the art.
It felt right to me, appropriate for the story.

The characters?
Yes, all stereotypes.
But, truly original characters are rare.
What's important is what is done with those stereotypes, how they are tweaked in the current situation.
There, too, I was pleased, at least so far.

We'll just have to see how this is developed.
Apr 7, 2019 1:23 PM

Jan 2017
Yeap, definitely the only thing keeping me here will be Akane.
Dudi4PoLFrApr 7, 2019 1:26 PM
Apr 7, 2019 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
I really enjoyed this. Heartwarming and soothing to my soul. They were able to impart a feeling of fun without making it feel cheap. I liked how the characters designs could be described as pretty rather than just cute.
syncrogazerApr 7, 2019 1:42 PM
Apr 7, 2019 1:39 PM

Mar 2018
^^Well, Akane sure is cute!

Somehow when I watch the whole baseball thing, it reminds me of Little Busters... Especially this view
I'm not a sport person nor do I really enjoy sport anime. I think this has potential to be enjoyable and hope they'll do something with it. I like the design.
Let's see how this one will develop!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 7, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2015
I was honestly looking forward to this and at the same time expecting it to be utter trash, so considering its only slightly below average I'm not that disappointed. I'll stick with it for now with the hopes it might get better. Plus there's still some characters yet to be introduced, so I'm intrigued to meet them.

I'm glad we can all agree that hooded girl is best girl though.

♡ artist
サコ
Apr 7, 2019 2:03 PM

May 2018
Yikes, it seems that Japan didn't get the memo.

Apr 7, 2019 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Typical start for this kind of series. Tsundere student council which will probably join them later, clumsy shy girl, girl with bad memories about her previous team and genki girl which will be encouraging all of them.
But in the end it was comfy and pretty okay.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 7, 2019 2:11 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a girls baseball team huh quite the interesting premise. Thats some guts that Tsubasa has there upstaging the club demos like that though. Still it was nice that she was given the chance by her homeroom teacher. Guess Yuuki and Akane have pretty similar personalities and fears. The trial game though sure was fun and provided some excellent experience for everyone. Seems the SC president really is against the formation of the baseball team. Overall a decent episode that was surprisingly enjoyable due to its simple premise. Im curious to see what Tsubasa would do with this setback though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2019 2:13 PM
Aug 2010
I'm mixed on sports anime (or movies or shows, usually prefer to play a sport than care about others playing it) so it takes a story/characters to get me into it. Not sure yet for this one, but it's cute and could be fun. Need to give it more time.
Apr 7, 2019 2:16 PM
Nov 2016
I really didn't notice the animation/drawings being bad, maybe you guys have pretty high standards

Well it was quite enjoyable so far and seeing the synopsis it should get even better
Apr 7, 2019 3:07 PM

Oct 2010
Seems low budget but wasn't AWFUL. I enjoyed it...girls are cute enough and seem endearing.
Apr 7, 2019 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
Well this anime is trying to be the next Diamond no Ace,One Outs or even Major but this is going a decent show
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 7, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2019
Maybe I was just tired, but I didn't think the animation was terrible? Or perhaps some people just expect the best all the time in quality. Not a bad little light hearted show, will see how the next few episodes progress.
Apr 7, 2019 4:43 PM

Jan 2008
My mobile game adaption senses were going off before even looking this up.

Well, it was alright. I hope it at least goes beyond just cute girls 'trying' to play baseball instead of actually playing, which I have my doubt.
PaulApr 7, 2019 6:03 PM
Apr 7, 2019 6:29 PM

Mar 2017
I've been playing the game since it was beta, I think I'll enjoy this.

Noticed few changes from the game such as the anime being set in a co-ed school while in-game is girls only. Other change is that in the anime the team is just starting, while in-game it's already organised and just needs a manager (the player).

Waiting for my favourite girl to appear:

By the way, there are ~38 characters in the game (including Kizuna Ai)
Apr 7, 2019 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
peaked interest due to it being a all girls baseball anime those are rare now it makes sense its based of a gacha game i think

well they sure made the girls look cute(usually the most important) with these kind of shows i just wish they consistently stayed that way but it's fine since this doesn't look all that high budget

we'll see how serious they get when it comes to the actual sport but its for now a relaxing sunday show for me
Apr 7, 2019 7:45 PM
Jan 2019
Well, I'm not one of those who complain and do not see an anime just because there is no male protagonist.
This first episode I found funny, I even got a little excited 😅. I will give you a chance.
Apr 7, 2019 8:33 PM

Oct 2015
I'm going say it again as the busty MILF always says, ' Ara Ara'!

What the hell was this, are they trying to mock baseball by making it cuter. No man stop this shit, I know you trying for that different angle but some angles just don't bend well. I just hope it is not going to be one of those cute anime where they say they play for fun, we need something meaningful for female characters who do sports.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 7, 2019 9:52 PM

May 2016
lihle808 said:
I'm going say it again as the busty MILF always says, ' Ara Ara'!

What the hell was this, are they trying to mock baseball by making it cuter. No man stop this shit, I know you trying for that different angle but some angles just don't bend well. I just hope it is not going to be one of those cute anime where they say they play for fun, we need something meaningful for female characters who do sports.

Are you having a bad day or something? Because this is the second time I've seen you make a comment like this. Look, I understand that some things may not be for you, but you don't need to be so bitter about it. Just take it as is and see how it turns out before you start making judgments. Shows like these are not meant to be taken that seriously.

Anyway, this is practically an anime version of the movie A League of Their Own. I'm genuinely curious to see how it goes.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Apr 7, 2019 11:24 PM

Mar 2008
Probably my favorite baseball anime of the spring season. Akane is so adorable. I love her.
Apr 8, 2019 12:27 AM

May 2015
It's Love Live Sunshine but with worse art and animation, less CG, more men, and instead of an idol group they're forming a baseball team. All we need now is for the school to have a threat of closing down for some reason. Like I seriously feel like I watched episodes 1 and 4 of Sunshine spliced together.

As such I at least enjoyed myself.
Apr 8, 2019 3:01 AM
Mar 2016
A bit slow pacing. But hey, they animate the lip and it look pretty.
Can wait to the doujinshi
Apr 8, 2019 5:59 AM

Dec 2018
Another cute girl show =) I'm so glad

Cute girl weekend rules =)
Apr 8, 2019 6:04 AM

Mar 2014
Cute high school girl + base ball = I love it !!!
Apr 8, 2019 6:23 AM

Feb 2018
Aside from akane being a little annoying it was fun to watch, the plot is predictable tho but i think I'll end up watching it anyway
TsubasavoApr 8, 2019 9:00 AM
Apr 8, 2019 6:36 AM

Aug 2013
This was cute and sweet to watch.

An all-girls baseball team is interesting.

Apr 8, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
Wow. Cute girls do baseball stuff...Or a all girls baseball team anime....

Anyway, its not bad for a first episode. But what I really want to know if they'll have a manager and if it'll be a male or female. I personally prefer male thou.

Not a bad start. I'm interested.

I did liked watching Taisho Baseball Girls, so I might like this show as well.

Of course this anime isn't serious. If ya guys want some serious baseball series, go look somewhere else. This anime is more about fun.
Apr 8, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2018
meet Baseball Honoka.

well not too bad for a first ep, I'm always a sucker for girls doing x things so

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Apr 8, 2019 11:08 AM

May 2016
Some may call this Diamond no Love Live.

Cute so far, gonna continue watching it.
Apr 8, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
Is this Love Live? Count me in!
Apr 8, 2019 12:38 PM
Jan 2019
Love live baseball
Apr 8, 2019 3:30 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Wow I can't believe Love Live is crossing over with Diamond no Ace. Well that isn't the first strange crossover from the series...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2019 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Diamond no Ace SJW edition
Apr 8, 2019 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Base Ball Girls!? why not!?!?
they're cute adorable and genki! so why not!?!
4/5.

Apr 8, 2019 8:33 PM

Aug 2018
Is this Love Live: School Baseball Project? Hi Honoka, good to see you again! You have longer hair now I see!

Iether way, enough with the jokes. Atleast this is not a less than 20 minutes show and it's decent at best for now.
Let the waifu wars begin! DING DING DING! Please your bets here!

Akane (the one with the neko sweater) is probably best girl, while Nazaki (the blonde) is probably best waifu potentional.
Timz0rApr 8, 2019 8:38 PM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Apr 8, 2019 8:44 PM

Nov 2011
Cringey at times. Mainly those stupid "Nice Play" and "Nice Catch" calls. I understand it was a training game but it still rubbed me the wrong way.

But hell man Animation was great and Cute Girls Doing Cute things aka playing baseball? Sign me up.

I looked at Suzuki when they showed her in the crowd and I said "Hmm she'll probably be my favorite." She's the Catcher!!!! YEPPPP!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 8, 2019 9:43 PM
Mar 2017
I did not have many expectations at first, but after seeing this episode I feel quite satisfied, it has a premise that I love, that is to create a club from scratch, especially a sports club, second all the members of the club will be pretty girls and We know that this formula has been used many times (too many times), but I do not feel rejection with this anime.
Although in this episode they showed us several girls, in this episode they focused on four of them, two who want to form the baseball club and two who want to learn to play the sport and who have difficulty or are bothered by a defect they have.
Tsubasa is the classic FMC with so much energy and enthusiasm when it comes to the things she likes, in this case the baseball and then we have the childhood friend Tomoe who is also interested in opening the club and supporting her best friend.
Is it a rule that the student council president is an unpleasant bitch? first episode and I already dislike her, I hope she doesn't cause problems to the girls every episode.
Later we meet the girls who were interested in the club, first we meet Yuuki, a tall and very feminine girl and we have Akane, a very shy little girl who wears a cat hoodie, which is too adorable. Both girls have their shortcomings that make them doubt if they want to join the club, Akane is not a very good athlete and she says she is afraid of being hit by the ball and Yuuki does not like team sports because of a difficult experience when she played basketball in the past.
I really liked how Tsubasa and Tomoe managed to get the girls interested in the sport, an improvised game helped them learn the rules and how to play this on Yuuki's side and Akane lost her fear by seeing how play as a team and enjoy baseball. In the end both girls decide to join, but the next day when they will tell Tsubasa the news, they hear that she discusses with the president of the student council, in other words problems that will make it difficult to find new members and difficulty to practice and improve.

The Opening I liked a lot, it has that energy of sport anime, besides that they present us to the future girls that will be integrating the baseball team, all very cute and that have their characteristics that makes them charming.
The animation is pretty decent, sometimes it has its details that at least did not bother me, I hope that in future episodes the animation will improve. for the design of characters I do not complain about anything, at least the first girls who presented are quite charming and very cute, there are still more girls to meet and I hope they do not disappoint me in future episodes.
Apr 8, 2019 9:48 PM

Jun 2015
so far this just seems like the wholesome anime i need for this season
was gonna make a honoka joke but clearly other people see it too and beat me to it xD
Apr 8, 2019 10:23 PM

May 2013
Yoshino is playing baseball!! Diamond no Ace is still not here guess I'll settle with this it's not as bad as people told me.
Apr 9, 2019 2:10 AM

Jul 2017
TMS Entertainment X Mobile game adaptations once again for the nth time. And this shows promise after last year's pile of dumpster shit (except Megalo Box).

This is the anime to worse air in the SAME season as the new season/sequel of Diamond no Ace. Don't mind dropping it though, but just gonna hold up for now.
Apr 9, 2019 6:01 AM

Mar 2009
This was quite wholesome. Nice to see so much baseball anime this season.
Apr 9, 2019 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
This needs more money and time invested to its art.
Cute design w/p time to draw and animate properly = wasted
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

40 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

17 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:23 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

21 by White_Alice »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

22 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2019

29 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.