Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2019 11:56 AM

Mar 2010
Cant wait for S2 and daaaamn no kiss scene yet come on you dense guy xD

Really cute episode for sure!

I wish it was less predictable tho, was hoping koharu wouldve won.. and see what would happen. Perhaps when ono suddenly appears and gets the wrong idea etc etc oh well still very enjoyable
Apr 11, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
Ziiya had to ruin the moment between Akira and Haruo, was really looking forward to their feelings sharing! But I guess they aren't ready yet, oh well. But I wish Hidaka won that previous match with Haruo to create a sense of drama, but it was a good OVA anyhow.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 16, 2019 1:37 PM

Feb 2017
Damn, that ending, things are going forward between these two. Can´t wait to watch season 2.
May 2, 2019 4:52 AM

Jan 2019
my fangirling soul was burning right there. these 2 are too cuteeeeeeee
May 3, 2019 11:56 AM

Aug 2008
I never imagined that CG show like that could become the best show of the season and its 3 episode OVA would do the same later. Sure, competition isn't much but it's still a very solid series. I would love to know if the source material is just that damn good, someone on the production team is so brilliant or is it the planetary alignment...

Other than that, it seems that no matter how much Ono is improved, it's still Hidaka for me. Damn, that girl is charming. She might be the best written character in this show. She's not just a nicely done waifu trope but an actual character you can root and feel for.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 16, 2019 2:54 AM

Feb 2018
Ahhh Oono so cute T_T. Pretty date xD.
May 18, 2019 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
I love the accuracy of the corresponding game releases as a backdrop to their lives. All of them have no idea what they're in for once the internet, smartphone, 4th generation consoles and online gaming arrive. They'll be fully grown adults and probably married. To whom would be the billion dollar question.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 14, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2019
Omg. Haruo staring intently at Oono <3 Her reactions are so cute!!!

And the ring wtfff. Oono so sweet. My heart. I need season 2 NOOOW.
Okay, Haruo x Oono for the win ;-; Hidaka tho aaa :(

owkey
Jul 5, 2019 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
Mohammadalmannai said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this has to be my favorite episode of Hi Score Girl,

It really hit me when that woman who calls herself an educator threw away the RPG, damn I am surprised that Ono did not hit her.

But the moments and developments for most of the cast is pretty amazing, and the three OVA episodes are more enjoyable to me than the entire series.

9/10

if i were her there would be hell to pay, i would refuse to studdy with her so she would be in my mercy, if i don't studdy she looses her job 😈 😏 😋

saeran-choi said:
Omg. Haruo staring intently at Oono <3 Her reactions are so cute!!!

And the ring wtfff. Oono so sweet. My heart. I need season 2 NOOOW.
Okay, Haruo x Oono for the win ;-; Hidaka tho aaa :(

manga is near end few chap lefts i think 3 and Oono was taken away over seas again, i was reading from forum and then looked at raw chap

i swear if she doesn't stand up against her father gives in to father and marries some1 else i remove this series from my list and forget it like i never so

i looked manga just to find out some stuff

Sugram22Jul 5, 2019 5:18 AM
Jul 28, 2019 6:43 AM
Feb 2019
Did Moemi really replaced the Snes with an Nes?
Aug 3, 2019 5:28 PM

Apr 2013
easily 9/10 on 12 eps and this.
also notice how fireworks-kun cucks at the kissing like scene.
I hope we get to see Hidaka, she was my favourite after Ms.Namie OFC.
Aug 13, 2019 2:08 AM

Jan 2008
So, Hidaka is still mad at Haruo after her loss. It's understandable she is upset but there is no need to lash out at him just because he doesn't share her feelings. Nevertheless, it was pretty uncomfortable watching them interact.

el_morris said:
A man playing a dating simulation game, while your crush's sister, your other crush and your mom are watching? Haruo surely enjoys playing his life in hard mode.

Haha, yeah, tell me about it :)

That scene was pretty embarrassing. I don't know how he handled it, I wouldn't be able to. Sometimes I wish he had more self-respect. The end was especially aggravating with the three girls warning him not to disappoint them or they might explode on him. It seems to suggest men have to constantly fulfill women's expectations or they'll get mad, whereas men themselves are not allowed to have any expectations or demands.

Nevertheless, there was one nice moment from that scene where Hidaka suggested that Haruo should walk home with one "side-girl" and call other girls, even after picking one. It seems to perfectly reflect her current situation. I'm not an expert, but I think it is a bad idea to do that in real life, since it is wrong to give a girl false hope. She'd be better off moving on.

BrilliantEast said:
CatSoul said:
Was Ms. Goda doing one not-terrible thing for Oono supposed to reduce my bloodlust? Nah, chief, you went too far when you threw away the console and the custom-made RPG. Bitch needs to go down.
You're god damn right !
She destroyed a game he spent a month on just for Ono (and the console that goes with it) one date isn't going to be enough.

Agreed, she needed to suffer, not do one nice thing and be instantly forgiven. The way she treated Haruo, Ono and Ziiya was deplorable.

The RPG story-line was pretty enjoyable in the beginning. Finally, 15 episodes in, they play RPGs and not just fighting games. The game Haruo made was really cute and really reminded me of the old-school 2-D sprite RPGs like the Final Fantasies of the SNES era.

Unfortunately Moemi had to screw everything up again. I was really pissed at her again, but I was even more mad that it seemed Haruo and the show in general seemed to have forgiven her so easily after her supposed change of heart. It's not enough to just apologize and buy one game console after treating Oono, Haruo and Ziiya like crap for the whole show.

WhiteTestament said:
I think it's getting a bit stale and tiring this show. All the cameos and videogames are great, but storywise is really baffling.

The whole gag of akira and haruo is already old, they basically are still doing the same thing they were doing at episode 3 of the first season. Going somewhere, play something at the arcade or anywhere else and that's it. He's so dense is not even funny anymore

Yeah, I feel like this is the case for the whole show, not just this episode. I enjoy the video game references, but the actual plot is moving very slowly. They keep using the ring as a cheap way to show she still cares for him. We get that already, show something new.
Darklord_bgAug 13, 2019 4:55 AM
Aug 15, 2019 3:07 AM

Jan 2011
Good hold over until season 2.
Sep 29, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2018
Completed these 3 OVA episode while waiting for new season. And it's worth it. Really missed Ono's expression. Yeah, she don't need a word to be so cute.

I will give this 8/10, same as the first season, since this is a little continuation of that. Okay, see you on Season 2 guys !
Sep 29, 2019 4:30 PM

Oct 2008
i really love this show! Thank God i'm very grateful that it has Season 2 very near!!!
5/5!
8/10.

Sep 29, 2019 6:45 PM

Dec 2008
That reminds me-I gotta rewatch this series this with the english dub, I hear it's very good.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Oct 2, 2019 9:06 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Loved this as much as S1, what a way to end these 3 episodes with that, sooner or later we all know that previously bitch tutor would see the shit she was doing, better late than never.
But more importantly, the later half was superb, the 9 I give to this series is mainly due to Ono, sure there are other things to like, but I do feel that Ono carries this show and brings it to rare levels of that fuzzy feeling inside your hearth, and one just cant resist.
Extremely enjoyable, psyched for S2, but will probably read the manga also in the meantime.

Kougeru said:
So glad this beautiful anime is gonna s2!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-21/hi-score-girl-anime-gets-2nd-season-in-october/.144800 Honestly one of my favorite anime in years

Too bad the wrong girl won.

That ring tho T _T

Hidaka was never the right girl, Ono best girl all the way.

Oct 5, 2019 5:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Decided to wait till we were close to season 2 of HSG but man, i missed this so much.
Not a big fan of the sudden forgiveness of Moemi after she fucking threw Haruo's RPG but thats pretty much the only complaints i have
These Ono x Haruo moments were so good i was almost shaking of happiness

Easy 9/10.
DatRandomDudeOct 5, 2019 5:22 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 13, 2019 9:29 PM
Jan 2016
Makoto gave Haruo a date sim game, even Haruo's mother spect him playing it!

Finally Goda after her terrible things towards Ono, she realixed after visiting Haruo at work, how he feels about her, a let her go out with him!

Their second date was so awesome, i can say wonderfull, Ono looked really happy, and Haruo for being there with her, it was what he always wanted!

Ono was so adorable there, and when she told haruo that the present he gave to her is her favourite, so damn sweet! Annd also before she went home, she did not want to go home , damn, so cute!

I am glad that 2ns season is starting 25th form this mouth! Can't wait!
Oct 23, 2019 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
Hidaka's so petty it pisses me off. I don't know how people can stand her as a character
Nov 6, 2019 9:54 PM

Nov 2013
C'mon. Netflix, this is not fucking NES, this is Famicom!
I feel bad that okaa-san didn't go to the expo, she was so excited. I always hated this fuck Haruo.
Nov 21, 2019 8:54 PM

Sep 2017
I love Haruo's mom so much. What an adorable ending tho. "Everything seems so impressive when I'm with you" like man what a thing to say to someone, huh.

Also nice Eva reference.
Nov 28, 2019 11:46 PM
Aug 2017
Certainly one of the best eps of Hi-Score Girl if not the best. Moemi sensei finally realized her mistake. That last scene was doki doki ngl holy shit when she showed her that toy ring i was screaming bruuh. What was she trying tell haru st the end tho??? I feel she wanted a kiss or smtn???? 😂😂 idk but dam hands down underrated gem of anime ✊
Dec 13, 2019 3:13 PM

Aug 2017
Haruo playing a dating simulation game while the rest are watching was hilarious hahahaha.

I don't remember s1 very well but this episode feels more like an end of the season.

Same score as s1. 7/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 19, 2020 4:17 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't realize the RPG Maker series has been around that long. How sweet that he made a game for her.

The teacher character is so hateable. She even recognized that Akira was doing better when allowed off time to play games. But it's tough to remain that hateable so she reconsiders things, good.

This series is pretty sweet, I'll definitely check out II once it's on Netflix.
Mar 26, 2020 12:11 AM

Aug 2017
Haruo belongs with Hidaka. Akira is out of his class, not gonna work out. Hidaka looks better and is more fun too.

I watched the anime Tokomeki Memorial. From what i remember it was atrocious. Game looked fun though.
Apr 15, 2020 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
Haruo better becomes some game developer or test player in the future

Wow almost got a heartattack when that driver came outta nowhere, onto the second season!

May 20, 2020 8:43 PM

Feb 2014
Well, the resume of these 3 episodes is: Hidaka being turned down by game matchs...?
Sincerely, not something I enjoyed to see.

The only development was about Hidaka. Since she was the only one who changed most physically talking, to start to have feelings for Mr Dense and to have the guts to confess to him.

Anyway, 6/10

astro-kun said:
Hidaka's so petty it pisses me off. I don't know how people can stand her as a character

You can't be serious, right?
May 27, 2020 3:48 PM

Jun 2017
I HATED what that b**** did to the SNES and the RPG Maker cartridge that poor Harou spent so much time working on, then I HATED even MORE the fact that, right after that, the anime did a face turn to her. NO. This b**** is the biggest heel there is. she basically DESTROYED Ono's childhood. She does NOT get to turn into a "good girl" face. She is an absolutely awful and rotten human being and should have been punished severely for her actions. I honestly legit wished Ono attacked her after she learned what she did to Harou's hand-crafted game for her, but instead she just left and continued following her orders, which pissed me off to no end.

Speaking of which, how stupid is it for them to leave the SNES clearly in plain view to anyone who enters the room when they know this b**** exists??!! like WTF??!!

Those 3 OVAs were good, but they were of far less quality than season 1. I hope season 2 is as good as season 1 at least. Maybe that will remove the sour taste these OVAs put in my mouth.
Dec 31, 2020 2:03 AM
Feb 2014
Luxeraph said:
That Asuka they were talking about was an eva reference, right?

BTW is this the end? I really want to see then grow into adults.
yes they were talking about eva. Year is 1995 after all
Jan 19, 2022 3:35 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty cute episode

And can't believe Haruo made a game for her using RPG Maker! I'm putting my money on Haruo becoming a game developer when he grows up
May 23, 2022 6:31 PM

Aug 2017
Ono has the patience of a saint ngl

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 2, 2022 6:01 PM

Dec 2009
The inconclusive match to Koharu's feelings being unable to accept defeat by leaving him alone and not loving him anymore felt conflicting as a sole supporter of Haruo/Akira since I don't enjoy this love triangle.

The tutor's change to seemingly finally give freedom to Akira (possibly forever now or just this time) felt too abrupt to her strict character, so it didn't feel genuine pace-wise without insight to her feelings. It was too random and forced.

Aside from that though, the best is always the cute developing romance of Haruo and Akira, while Haruo still doesn't realize his feelings for her is love. 6/10.

Akira's older sister is a new fun character next to Haruo's mother and the weirdo classmates.
Jun 14, 2023 7:33 AM

Dec 2022
Great last episode
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl: Extra Stage Episode 2 Discussion

JokerVentura - Mar 20, 2019

43 by dspr »»
Jun 14, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl: Extra Stage Episode 1 Discussion

JokerVentura - Mar 20, 2019

35 by dspr »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:46 AM

» What are you thoughts on how they ended hi score girl extra

Jp124 - Mar 23, 2019

2 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 23, 2019 4:48 AM

» Will this adapt the reamining chapters?

LuteFlute - Dec 30, 2018

26 by vellabrown »»
Mar 21, 2019 1:54 AM

» Promotional Video(PV)

_MushiRock11_ - Dec 26, 2018

5 by LastLuminescence »»
Dec 30, 2018 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.