Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2018 7:08 PM
Mar 2018
i loved this anime, actually was one of my favorite but this last cap u_u broke my heart..... practically the only ones that get a romance scene was Yui and Takachi.

it was good that Kondou and tachibana dont give up about their dreams but we need more love scene between them
Mar 29, 2018 7:10 PM

Dec 2014
Great finale, especially the final scene. Really powerful ending.

I really loved that moment where Haruka reminisced after looking at the other two kids.

The hug was beautiful. <3

When Akira sent the message to Haruka, "Let's see the wind again", I couldn't stop grinning.
The ending was a little bittersweet but at the same time it has a very uplifting tone about rediscovering and not giving up on your true passions and I love that.

Overall, great show. It started out looking like a romance with an unusual pairing but to be honest I preferred what the show became than what it was in the beginning. I liked the focus towards Kondo and Akira rediscovering their true passions with their interactions with each other. It was a pretty beautiful. While the show ends on a fairly bittersweet note for the romance it still delivers a uplifting message about following your passions and I love this kinda thing. Fantastic visual throughout the series, soundtrack was great too. Great production overall. I'd love to see more of this but I guess it's unlikely at this point especially given the manga is over.

8/10
Mar 29, 2018 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad ending story wise, but definitely not conclusive or all that fulfilling.

In a way it sucks to know that romance will never come to fruition because they were both kind of using each other's emotional support as a crutch when they were at their lowest, and now that they both have renewed passion for the things they love, they dont need to rely on one another like they used to. That scene with them talking about their promises even kind of implied that they might even have some distance in their friendship now.

I would like to see a second season to wrap things up, but given that this was most likely produced to promote the manga since it was coming to a close, it probably wont happen.
Mar 29, 2018 8:32 PM
Nov 2016
The final episode is the only one that deviated from the manga in a significant way. The anime ending is similar to the manga only in spirit but very different in settings. Although I definitely prefer the manga's ending, I appreciate how they wrap things up in just one episode. All in all this is a very special show I am sure I will re-watch over and over again.
Mar 29, 2018 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
In the end it truly was Koi wa Ameagari no You ni, Wow.
A bait like ending but both of them moving are moving on to their dreams thanks to each other.
Mar 29, 2018 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
I think it ended really well. Bittersweet.

The hug was sooo cute lol. I took lots of screenshots of that.
Mar 29, 2018 9:56 PM

Nov 2007
Eh~ That's it? Like seriously? I am a bit disappointed because I thought the anime will give a bit more conclusive finale but then again, they couldn't just wrap up the relationship and their dreams just like that as the time was so short.

Now I have to go and read the manga where I left it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2018 10:12 PM

Dec 2015
Seen the manga up to this episode , different things happen to get to this episode. Im not satisfied with the ending , well its a 12 episode only so gonna continue seeing the manga to see akira really running
Mar 29, 2018 10:23 PM

Feb 2011
Top_Sergeant said:
YAY! They love each other.

OH YES, THEY REALLY DO: TACHIBANA X KONDO PASSIONATE HUG SCENE EMBRACE ALL THE LOVE THEY BOTH SHARE TOWARDS EACH OTHER ( OMG, I COULDN'T STOP FROM CRYING FROM THE CUTENESS, I REALLY WISH TIME WILL JUST STOP, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL I DON'T WANT THIS TO END, THAT SCENE IS SOOOOO PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!): (they both create this beautiful scene by synchronizing their feelings of love together, SO SWEET AND CROMANTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I'm sure after they both accomplish their goals they will end up meeting again and finally becoming a REAL couple!!!! I prefer in how the anime ended over the manga ( I really wish they could of extend the series into 24 episodes though for many reasons) : I really wish the manga should end something like this where this time in the future they meet up again: or maybe that's a hint near the future after Tachibana recovers from her leg and run towards Kondo where their love will express and resurface again after their long meet again: who knows?

OVERALL, THE BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON: TACHIBANA X KONDO WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE OF MY HEART!!!! 10/10 xD NOW WE NEED AN ADAPTION AFTER THE RAIN ANIME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

P.S: Please Aniplex bring this anime license in the home-video release, i really need this anime in my collection, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sweetangieMar 30, 2018 2:51 AM
Mar 29, 2018 10:28 PM

Mar 2011
Conclusion was lame. Cucking the Animation.
Cause dreams and cucking and the tanned girl is sad and running and writing and cuck morals and how about f*ck off. The ending pissed me off.
Mar 29, 2018 11:10 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked the "after the rain" theme. The scenes were pretty and I love the watery sparkly eyes. I was trying to guess what the ending would be and they didn't disappoint but it just felt bland.

(I was thinking that because he was working on a manuscript and was trying to kinda counsel and cheer up Tachibana, that he might finish his manuscript and have her read it and then kinda idk change her way of thinking about her own future, considering a previous episode's dialogue between them where Tachibana was saying something about being happy to read his work if he ever finished one, if I recalled correctly. That was the ending I was thinking it might have.)

Now, I want to find the manga.
Mar 29, 2018 11:35 PM

Oct 2012
Probably the best way to end.
This story isn't even about romance and it plays out well.
Mar 29, 2018 11:49 PM

Jun 2013
The Anime gets a 7/10 for me. I didn't like Akira at times, she was bitchy and even pushy and wasn't considerate of what she was doing would look for Kondou-san.
Kondou-san is an awesome character, he doesn't take advantage of her. He's a decent person and his passion lies in his writing. You can tell that he still loves his wife and of course, his son. Divorce isn't something that someone can easily overcome.

Akira is still immature and when she's older and meets Kondou-san again in the future or someone like him, once she's experienced more in life, then maybe they can be together.

Akira and Haruka were much happier when they were younger. Akira really distanced herself even from Haruka. I bet Haruka feels abandoned. They went there together with a goal and she was left running on the track by herself.

Kondou-san found his passion to write again. I'm sure it's hard for him to see his colleague surpass him and have works published. It's never ever too late to start writing again. He's proof of that. He's an inspirational character and one of the best characters in the Winter Anime 2017/2018 line-up.
臭い-
Mar 29, 2018 11:56 PM

Jul 2014
I'll admit, watching Akira attempts at winning Kondo's heart in the first half of the show was what made me love this show in the first place. It maybe creepy and uncomfortable from a neutral person's perspective, but I couldn't help but buy into this angelic girl's forbidden romance simply because of how delicate and tastefully the show handled their relationship. So admittedly, I was a bit disappointed when the show suddenly began switching gears after the insanely beautiful emotional climax in episode 7.

But now, I can confidently say that I love the 2nd half even more than the first.

A problem I have with a lot of anime is that characters simply don't get enough room to just stop and breath. I feel this is a result of studios and creators not trusting the audience to appreciate anything but constant, exciting plot progression (and to be fair, thats what a lot of viewers think they want). But these moments of introspection and self-reflection are so incredibly important for developing characters and getting the audience invested in them.

Thankfully, the people behind this show understand this idea.

There is no need to force overdramatic conflicts or problems into the plot for the sake of stimulating character growth when all that is needed is simply a small window into each character's daily life and watching them doing their own things at their own pace. Everything was just handled so naturally and smoothly. From Akira and Kondo's interactions at work, at the library and at the book fair, to Akira's subdued conflict with Haruka, and to Kondo's reunion with his old writing friend. All of these interpersonal relationships serving to bring the characters to a clearer understanding of themselves and reigniting the old flames they thought had permanently gone out. The way it all quietly comes to a head in the final episode is simply beauty. Pure beauty.

I don't have to feel sad that they dont end up together because at that moment, what they receive from each other is more meaningful than anything else in the world. The rain shelter they built is a source of precious memories and encouragement, but after the rain has settled, they will be ready to freely fly the way they were meant to all along.
Mar 30, 2018 12:38 AM

Dec 2017
I liked how the ending felt a bit bittersweet. It isn't a cliche ending where they fall in love and become lovers, but it has a hint of hope and a bright future for each of them as they pursue their dreams.

I really enjoyed this series. It's truly an underrated gem of this season, and definitely deserves whatever praise it gets.
Mar 30, 2018 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
Damn anticlimactic ending, but it's fit with the story.
Mar 30, 2018 1:39 AM
Jan 2018
This was a solid show. I picked up the manga and they seem to have skipped a lot of things. Gonna finish the manga (there is still about 20 chapters untranslated) although it's kinda obvious that they won't end up together. 7/10
Mar 30, 2018 1:40 AM

Nov 2017
i'm already missing this show its was so hearwarming
[/URL]
Mar 30, 2018 1:46 AM

Feb 2017
Tachibana may be the most beutiful girl in anime I have ever seen.

This was my favorite show of this season. I loved the melancholic feeling and how grounded it was.
It was nice coming of age story and I'm happy that Akira is going to run again.
Mar 30, 2018 1:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty solid ending to end proceedings for this show. Definitely, this show is in my top 5 for Winter ‘18 shows as I enjoyed almost each and every episode and looked forward to more after every passing episode.

While this finale fell short of a brilliant solid and conclusive ending, it still managed to do a great job. Like every other episode, the animation and the moody feeling vibes it gave off were top-notch and simply masterful. Many things, such as the lately shaky relationship between Akira and Haruka and both Akira’s and Kondou’s promises on course to fulfilment now, were given a good conclusion too in this finale episode and that is great to see. I wish that hug in the end, that Kondou imagined, was true but it had spoil the lesson of the show so that’s a pity. Nonetheless, it wasn’t half-bad with the two promising to keep updated with each other’s progress and I find that a great development. Hopefully, someday, they’ll be able to break through all barriers and get together finally. Well, fingers crossed for that. It was pleasant to see the other duo, Yui and Yoshizawa, receive their own fair amount of screen time too as well as the whole staff, except for Kase of course. Overall, a pretty darn good ending but it could have definitely been better.

- Storyline: 8/10
- Characterization/Character Developments: 8.75/10
- Art/Animation: 9.25/10
- Sound Department: 9.5/10
- Enjoyment: 9/10

-> Overall: 8.8/10.

I wish there were more episodes to come, but sadly it’s time for this to end. I hope a Second Season is now in the making but I doubt we will ever get one really. Nevertheless, here’s hoping to a Season 2 of more of this brilliance to come! Please, kami sama!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 30, 2018 2:03 AM

Sep 2016
Aerchan said:
This might be one of my favorite anime endings of all time. Every character was filled with such hope and promise. The animation was gorgeous, I couldn't stop staring at it. I mentioned in a previous comment that the pacing of the anime was aggravating me because I was expecting a love story, but once I realized that it wasn't love in the traditional sense, but love as in rediscovering your passions and who you are, I fell deeply "in love" with the anime. It's so inspirational and I felt like the characters didn't make drastic enough changes where it was unbelievable. I loved Akira and Haruka's friendship, I loved Kondo's respect for Akira and vice versa. Their ending was perfect, the image of her running across the water was stunning. I cried my eyes out. I'll definitely rewatch this one!!
perfect synopsis right here this quickly became one of the few shows i was looking forward to every week the shift in tone was also well written, it makes me drive for my passion even more, also def one of the best shows this season
Facta Non Verba
Mar 30, 2018 2:24 AM

Apr 2015
I absolutely loved this show. What really drew me in was how realistic the characters felt and how they interacted with one another in a way that I could see happening in real life (for the most part). The change in direction felt very natural and seamless so that didn't bother me at all, in fact, it made the show even more interesting. It completely avoided many romance genre tropes and flipped it in to a unique coming of age tale (no matter what your age is in this case).

The animation throughout the whole season was breathtaking, the soundtrack was quite moving at times and integrated perfectly, and the general vibe of the show was very dreamy and lofty in a way.

A second season would be cool, potentially a few years down the road where we would see Tachibana and Kondou reconnecting in some way. Doubt it'll happen but one can dream.

Anyways, really glad I stumbled upon this show. I randomly decided to watch it after seeing it on the front page.

theantid0teMar 30, 2018 2:27 AM
Mar 30, 2018 2:39 AM

Feb 2016
shit ending.............
Mar 30, 2018 3:15 AM

May 2012
What a horrible ending

THe anime started good, but the last few episodes were boring. And there is not even a kiss in the ending !!!
Mar 30, 2018 3:48 AM

Sep 2016
Ending was open ended yet beautiful. That sprint hug almost brought tears to my eyes. Both re-ignited their passions and promised each other. Both go on with their lives looking forward with hope. Can't hope for a better ending.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 30, 2018 5:50 AM
Jan 2016
Honestly, I didn't watch many romance because I'm not into it, but this series, for me, is really great...yeah there's definitely a romance there between Manager and Akira but I think it's not a passionate or something like erotic love, but I think that's a love that supporting each other. Maybe that's why I can enjoy this anime till the last eps. Yeah, love is also about supporting each other, isn't it? I don't read manga and I won't, but I hope it's going well for Akira and the Manager. For me, the manager is a great man too.
Mar 30, 2018 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
So considering the ending is really close to the ending of the manga are we getting an OVA? I thought this anime was okay. Nothing too spectacular. Still a very good watch though. 7.5/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 30, 2018 8:00 AM
Jun 2016
Wow...

We started this anime expecting to be treated to a nice justification of you know what taboo...and ended instead with a rediscovery of dreams.

I think that this anime could have gone more into how Tachibana's disappointment over her injury translated into her leaving track, and falling in love with Mr Kondo. I got the feeling that we did not get the full treatment as to why? Still, having myself recently recovered from an injury (broken radial bone, non-sport related) I can identify with the feeling of depression and sadness that can sometimes arise from an injury that knocks you out of comission and makes you feel useless. I think that the anime does show somehow that Tachibana falls in love with Mr Kondo because his brief words to her were encouraging...and that kicks off the story.

I like the way Kondo handles the love of the young girl. The guy may come across as flawed...BUT...at the end of the day he is one wise old guy. (Tachibana is going to marry him someday...guaranteed!)He could have taken advantage of a vulnerable teenage girl's affections (at which point we would be watching one of those anime), but he did not, and at the end, he becomes her encourager, adviser and friend

More importantly, the love of Tachibana gives some hope and encouragement to Mr Kondo. When we first meet him, he is a beaten down man who thinks he is a failure, and acts like one. That a beautiful girl like Akira Tachibana could fall in love with him probably served as an encouragement to him to rediscover his passions, especially when she says that she would read any book he puts out (AND SHE MEANS IT).

Indeed, a theme throughout this anime has been how true love is not about getting into some nice intimate situation all the time, but how much it can inspire us to be our best selves, to believe in ourselves. To get up from failures and disappointments, to move on to fight, to keep on going till we reach that finish line...

And indeed the second lesson from this anime comes from the mouth of a babe and suckling (OK...Mr Kondo said it first, but still).Run so that you do not finish first, but so that you finish the race, otherwise you cannot say that you ran the race at all.It is one of life's greatest lessons...and one that Akira learns in the end...after twelve episodes though.

A big thanks to whoever created this anime. My annoyance though is that I did not watch this anime as a teenager(I am watching it as a broken down, silly, single, foolish, adult male in his thirties). But even then, the lessons have been learnt and assimilated. Thank you.

10/10!
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Mar 30, 2018 8:04 AM
Apr 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
I think we all went into this expecting happy and mushy love story; But this ended up being so, so much more. This wasn't hardly a romance story at all. This is a story about a girl who let an accident be the reason for abandoning her passion, and become distanced from her friends, and instead chose to pursue an impossible relationship. Akira has to fake interest in Kondo's passions to try to gain his attention. But in doing that, she only realizes how much she misses her own passion. Kondo has also allowed his circumstances to fall away from his passion and his friends. This story is about these two individuals reclaiming their passions.

I completely did not expect this series to progress in this way. Im giving this 9/10

If I was to sum it up and not get angry at everyone expecting romance out of it.
Re:formed
Mar 30, 2018 10:09 AM

Dec 2016
I really enjoyed this anime for the first episodes, when the focus were Tachibana and Kondo relationship. After that, they started to focus on each of them individually and other boring characters(Tachibana's friend, Kondo's friend).
Mar 30, 2018 10:35 AM
Jan 2016
Thank you Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. The last episode is really sweet. I will miss this show so much. 10/10
Mar 30, 2018 11:07 AM
Mar 2016
Well. it's not exactly the finale we're expecting, but it was sure a good one.
Mar 30, 2018 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
I'm still pretty upset about how it ended even though the writing was on the wall for past few episodes. I don't really understand why people think this is a beautiful ending. What was most important to Akira was her crush on Kondo and then it just fizzled and became nothing. Wow, that's so heartwarming. The romance angle is what hooked me onto the show in the first place. To play it safe and have it die out with no payoff isn't fulfilling to me. Why even have the romance angle in the first place if the story really is about 2 people in different life situations rediscovering their dreams? Just cut the "romance" entirely and focus on the slice-of-life interactions and friendship between the 2 of them which helps them along their paths. If this story didn't devote 7 episodes to the false premise of romance and just focused on the rediscovering dreams aspect, I wouldn't have watched it, because frankly, that's kind of boring.

I guess I'm glad many people here seemed to get something out of it, but it could've been so much more! The story has the depth and explored the inner workings of the 2 main characters, so if the romance was explored in full, it would've been special. It would've been unique. I would've applauded the writer's decision to take that risk rather than playing it safe. After all is said and done, I can only give this anime a 5/10.
Mar 30, 2018 12:13 PM
Mar 2015
Amazing anime, especially from visual side. I love the characters, especially Akira and Kondo. Ending was okay, but I feel like kinda forced[?].

Dunno how ending looked like in manga, but for me it slightly felt like a normal episode, not ending tbh. I just feel empty, like there need to be second season despite manga being done or at least one more episode, to see how their promises went with writing/running.

9.5/10 anyway, since I enjoyed it anyway. Gonna miss it.
Mar 30, 2018 3:56 PM
Nov 2012
While I can definitely see why this ending is perfect for some people - I personally thought the anime lost quite a lot of steam already by the second half, the pacing just seemed much worse, so for me I didn't really enjoy the way it ended.

I'm usually not into romance/slice of life animes, still, I thought the first couple of episodes was a very solid 8.25 for me, but by the end I found it quite average, closer to 7.5/10
Mar 30, 2018 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
It's a good ending, but I expected more... I've missed during the last episodes the romanticism, and that stuff... But I love this series.
Mar 30, 2018 8:13 PM

Jan 2017
amazing music! i never skipped the op and ed! the op litteraly yells akiras feelings to tenchou lmao
her situation with haruka is so similar to mine lol
we even got a glimpse of what tenchou san actually thinks :D
tenchou sans interaction with chihiro guy was flippin gold xD
their frenship lasts forever! i think i need to talk with my bestie lol
we havent talked for 5 years
( we do run to each other and i just smile awkwardly
if i didnt become an otaku at a younger age i might have enjoyed my childhood more with my friends but were grewing apart and theres nothing to talked about :u)
i came here for the romance and shoujo and i got a much more deeper plot :o
( about growing up and youth and shit )
tenchou san and akira are knowing more about each lol
its so realistic like we all get to know each character except that stony chef guy rip
i hate that blond chef tho but hes a great antagonist ig
i ship nishida and yoshizawa lol
the part when they were in the seconhand book fair was funny lol
im glad akira is taking interest to what tenchou san likes xD
Mar 30, 2018 8:19 PM

May 2017
The anime literally dives head first into teaching a very strong life moral. Follow your dreams, and more importantly, don't give up. May there be light at the end of the tunnel, or in this case, a beautiful sky after the rain. We are taught that one person who seems to be just a bystandard, has a whole mess of a background behind them. A whole story of hardships and emotional drowning. We learn to live through a seemingly "normal manager" as we find out he has quite the history. Through this, we get emotionally connected and cannot help but to feel happy for him as he develops courteous feelings with Akira. All in all the story has two branching storylines dealing with the premise of Akira's passion for running and mending her friendship together with her friend, and Masami's passion for writing and looking up in life.

Honestly, we did get cucked in the end, expecting a romantic, get-together kind of ending. I know not all romantic stories have this "happily ever after conclusion, but from what the anime presented us with, I was more than obliged to think that since it promised what seemed to be mainly focused on romance and the two character's relationships and feelings for each other, that we would have seen the two transition into a romantic approach for each other. Not the first time I've seen an anime do a swerve. Although, on the contrary, it may be for the better, due to their age differences. And speaking of age differences, the cliffhanger, ughh. So they did speak of a possibility of meeting in the future, where my thoughts of season 2 happening, or potentially a movie to follow-up and proceed after the story, possibly when she's older, of legal age perhaps, and is definitely more matured and straightened, knowing what she really wants, and maybe then I'll get the romance that I was dying to see. (Romance is my favorite genre, and yeah, that premise alone allured me to see this anime.)

So for the anime, as a whole, it presented itself well, and delivered slightly lower. The beginning had me feeling very lovely, as it was the blossoming of a friendship, which in morals, teaches a lesson that serves in saying friendship can evolve into something more. I found myself cherishing and holding on to each episode from the start, as the anime presented itself as a romance anime, with friendships as a side genre. Then this feeling gradually lowered when it focused more on a slice of life setting. Don't get me wrong, I love slice of life, but I felt the series over-valued Akira's friendship with her friend, and the running tracks. Speaking of tracks, I felt it side-tracked too much from the main story line, and the later episodes felt sort of filler-ish. It seemed to focus way too much on that. I just felt it was thrown in there too much, haggling a lot of screen time, especially during unneccessary moments. I guess the anime just branched into a crossroads and went another connected path.

As for the music, I have no words. Speechless and impaired. It simply gets a 10/10 and I will not be pleased if the OST is not released in the future. The animation, very well delivered, as well as the art (very beautiful and atmospheric) giving me chills during a lot of the time, all get a solid 10. The character portrayal was awesome, as we got to know more than just the main characters, the staff of the restaurant, and as well a few more. All I can say is I will not be pleased if they do not release the OST in the future.

And in conclusion, I had hoped for a kiss, or at least a confession, or expressing feelings, so we weren't left hanging hoping for a potential romance in the future. (Me being a hopeless romantic, lol.) Well as a romance anime, it nearly made me tear a few times, and I can cherish this anime forever. I now have another favorite anime of all time, as this will always be near the top of my all time loved animes. I even have 2 characters, Akira and Masamithat I hold dearly, I got emotionally connected with them both, as they hold personalities and lives that are equivalent to that of someone in the real world. (Akira being my number 1 waifu now, shhh.) I hope that in the future, we will see what would happen in the aftermath of the story, Akira growing up through teenage years? Becoming an adult? Living through adult years? Meeting Masami after awhile, maybe unexpectedly, not recognizing him? Maybe falling in love with him after knowing what she wants in life, since she is older and of legal age, and has her bearings straight? Or Masami accepting her now that she is more mature? Overall this anime has a blessing story which will have you falling head over heels for a seemingly taboo relationship, that may even break the physical and mental barriers of what society deems "right" for two humans to have romantic feeling for each other.

I condone and support love for most age gaps as long as it isn't too breaking. For this situation, I support it and I do think love is love. Was sad to see the romance kind of fall pray to society's standards. The anime gets a intuitive and dignified 8/10. Falls short of a 9 or potential 10 due to the changes in direction, however, doesn't take away from the whole story.
SaitamaMar 30, 2018 8:52 PM
Mar 31, 2018 12:49 AM

May 2016
*crying in a corner like a kid*

I'm gonna miss my favorite show of the season, this is was one of the best winters that I ever lived in with these heartwarming vibes this show gave.

I used to hate raining so much since I was a kid but After watching few episodes I started loving it like someone who's been e desperate for water in a desert.

The fact that she started to chase her dream was the best thing that happened in this episode Kondo's kid was one the one who encouraged her through his father's words. Thank you Kondo san.

I would give the story 8.5 but overall the enjoyment was definitely above 9 from me and I often rate shows with that in mind overall I give it 9/10.

Mar 31, 2018 1:06 AM

Sep 2010
I liked the episode, i liked the anime, but it is not a real ending. It doesn't close anything. I'm unhappy with this ending. The manga is not so long that we will have another season so it is an unfinished anime. I don't know if the manga finishes like this, i hope not, because i want to know what happens to their relation. Don't say that promise shitty thing to me, it was about little things too and how awkward and difficult was for both of them. Sure that talking about no giving up is ok but it is not as we don't have ten thousand anime talking about not giving up z.z aka any shonen manga adaptation.
War_lotharMar 31, 2018 1:12 AM
Mar 31, 2018 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
A very satisfying ending for a good anime.

I'm sure there's a lot more detail and stuff going on in the manga, but for a 12 episode series it was wrapped up really nicely. I'll probably go read the manga now just to see how that is compared to the anime.

Two people with abandoned dreams clinging to one-another becomes each other's rekindling for their hopes and futures. They now know share the same feelings, but promise to obtain their goals first.

Not bad, not bad at all. 8/10 for me.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 31, 2018 4:51 AM

Oct 2013
happy that the story ended pretty well. i liked it. amazing visuals, tachibana is so pretty
Mar 31, 2018 6:16 AM
Oct 2017
Major_Gilbert said:
Not a bad way to end it.

This. I liked the nice ending for all the characters. Would have liked to see the forbidden romance a little more, but this ending felt very real. Mr. Manager was a great support for Tachibana as she went through the trauma of her injury. Now that shes thrugh that, he remains a strong friend. I'd imagine one day once shes finished school maybe they do fall in love again.
It left me feeling good about humanity in a way other "forbidden romances" didn't. like Oremo and Koi Kaze which just made me sad.

LOVE the art. Love the characters.... This anime does so much right.
Mar 31, 2018 6:54 AM

Mar 2010
10/10 for me. I expected this to be your run of the mill romance with slightly atypical leads, but thankfully the show proved me wrong. I loved everything about it, from how Tachibana's crush was portrayed (realistic and not sleazy at all) to how it developed into this really warm friendship that changed both characters for the better. I'm not even sad they didn't end up together; it would have felt forced with the change in direction.
Mar 31, 2018 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
This episode made me sad but I'm satisfied with that ending. Akira and Kondo walking their separate paths. The animation and writing are top-notch.

Mar 31, 2018 7:30 AM

Jan 2015
For me, this is without doubt my Anime of the Season!
Every episode was beautiful in its way! That hug, though!
8,5/10 so 9/10! :D
Mar 31, 2018 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
Glad our side couple is doing well. Anyway, it was an episode, but it didn't feel like a finale much to me, not to say it wasn't good, just didn't feel like an ending... But I must say, after the rain had stopped, the way they had the sky reflecting on the ground looks really nice to me. Everything after looked pretty awesome too. Anyway, it's over now, 7/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 31, 2018 11:43 AM

Feb 2017
Now I kind of regret reading manga. Because this episode made me angry and then I cried. Apparently it's a full adaptation. And although I understand they skipped some less important stuff, I have no idea why they have skipped the most important part -

I am really, REALLY disappointed. Especially because even though ending is horrible (for a manga reader who was so into manga that read not translated chapters with Google Translate), I still think this anime is more than 10/10. Great art, music, voice actors... Everything was nearly perfect. And even though they've done some things wrong, I still love KoiAme anime adaptation.
Mar 31, 2018 3:40 PM
Jul 2013
Very good, but nowhere near a masterpiece. Great animation and very strong sound department. I like how the creators stuck to the more serious and realistic, yet emotional approach right to the end. In my opinion the best thing we got from this, is an insight into how such relationship would play out in Japanese society, which is why I wanted to see the show. The second best is the ending song by Aimer. I was anticipating the song's release as much as the next episode each week, and now it will stay with me to be a perfect memory of this little piece of art.
Mar 31, 2018 6:48 PM
Jul 2017
Loved this anime hands down..

The animation was pretty especially during certain scenes that added to the mood of a scene. A good slice of life anime with what I believe good production and quality.

Still rooting for Kondo and Akira!

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.