Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 20, 2016 5:49 PM

Dec 2014
8/10 seriously thinking in giving it a 7/10
An OVA explaining what happened to Izetta and some other unexplained stuff would be good.
Dec 20, 2016 6:19 PM
Nov 2012
final so cockblock, showing izetta but with 0 details><
Dec 20, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2016
This is just like the safe as hell, idiotic, cop-out drivel known as the Kabaneri finale. This series bears a lot of similarities in terms of overall quality, except this was nowhere near as fun. 5/10. Started off interesting, but crumbled to pieces.
Dec 20, 2016 11:54 PM

Jan 2016
well.... eto.

guess im pleased about the final , well its was getting kinda boring ish at the ending,
but im satisfied.
and sense im in a rush im this will be a short review and
either way overall i give it a 7.8/10 - 8/10
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Dec 21, 2016 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
Kind of sad for all the deaths except for Not!Hitler of course. RIP all the pretty boys especially Sieg and Ricelt. You deserved better. Good solid start but dwindled down towards the end although it has managed to entertain me until the end. Fine's speech and Izetta's final battle were great and I certainly felt something there. Should have been a 2 cour anime at least.
allo
Dec 21, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
I don't know how to feel about it. It was OK, but i never felt anything, the show just happened to me.
I'm not happy, i'm not sad, not frustrated or upset, just finished.
Dec 21, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2011
I rate this show 6. Because 6 is Finé. lol, get it?

*I'll just show my self out.
Dec 21, 2016 6:25 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know, i like it and i'm glad Izetta survived but I would have liked to see a real happy ending between Izetta and Fine and not just a glimpse of the top of her head.
Dec 22, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2014
I guess its a solid ending. But nothing fantastic. I like that Izetta and Fine can be together in the end. (Should have a moment where these 2 are alone without the sidechicks)
But Izetta should have died there. There is no reason, not even with anime logic, that she survived A) The Magic-Nuclear Explosion B) The overuse of the magic stone C) The fall from that height..

With a real yuri relation this would have scored higher for me. So its just one more of these forgettable animes that air every season but nobody really cares about after a month or so.
That beeing said. I would like a Berckmann special.
(Sophie lookes crazy in the final fight. Daaaamn I wanted her to win)
Much wasted potential.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 22, 2016 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
RobertBobert said:
I do not understand the ending implies that they are a couple or authors nevertheless decided to make an open ending? I wonder if there is not, for, Izetta quite obviously fall in love.

That is the worst English in the history of English.
zero-r said:
Started alright.... but it felt apart as it went on. The original idea had potential for something better.

Nothing memorable, but fun at times. Izetta should have died though.

4/10

Japanese and World War II = potential
ahahahahahha adorable
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Dec 22, 2016 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
ybnrmalatall said:
RobertBobert said:
I do not understand the ending implies that they are a couple or authors nevertheless decided to make an open ending? I wonder if there is not, for, Izetta quite obviously fall in love.

That is the worst English in the history of English.

Thanks, I am glad you appreciate my efforts.
Dec 22, 2016 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
This probably could've been a 1.5-2 cour given that plot progressed fairly fast and some sub-plots never got the time it deserved (e.g. Ricelt and Bianca), but it was a quality series in the end. A lot of nice ideas, some of which were half-baked, but I thought it handled the dark tones of war with the positive tones of heroism and sacrifice and love well.

I guess what irked me the most was it kinda made no sense that Izetta didn't die in the end. The lack of collateral damage (which someone pointed out above) didn't bother me as much since they were fighting in the middle of the ocean. But eh. I think Izetta surviving didn't hurt the series.
Dec 23, 2016 6:13 AM
Nov 2010
There were lots of flaws in the plot, both big and small. Whoever wrote this wasn't even able to do the sacrifice thing properly and let Izetta survive. The setting also got destroyed after a few episodes.

Character development was really bad, such as their drive or their feelings towards others. They were also quite dumb or simply acting like they shouldn't considering their positions (of a country's leading figure, a soldier, a spy or whatever else).

The yuri and other fan service didn't bring anything good to the story, yet there was unfortunately plenty of it.

I disliked the art style, especially how the clone witch's face looked like and the position of her head. The soundtrack was pretty cool at times and I liked the opening song.

Overall, worse than Junketsu no Maria (though the difficulty was definitely higher for this one).
Tomislavr7Dec 23, 2016 6:18 AM
Dec 23, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2014
I only watch this and hibike this season. Hooked by great premise and very good CG animation, but it's kinda get meh when sophie came. The first three episode is great, if only they could maintain the quality til the end. 6/10 The OP song is dope tho.
Dec 23, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2014
Could have just drained the world without even confronting the other witch. Completely pointless battle.

The fact that she COULD drain all magic... LOL

The ridiculous politics.

"Even you can't survive this explosion..." but Izetta could. And the long fall after.

Pretty terribad.
Dec 23, 2016 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
So... Izetta survived and they didn't even showed her face at the end. I got a little.. disappointed because I was at least expecting to see her smile when seeing Fine. It was a little rushed, too.

Until episode 5 this anime was a 9/10 for me. Started to get down for real after the clone matter, which I personally disliked.

7/10 in the end.

Oh, the yuri thing people are talking about... hm... It's just another one of those shows which the romantic love is just implied. You could say it's a romantic love (without concrete proves - kiss, aishiteru and etc), but also could easily call it a friendship love.
TechOtakuDec 23, 2016 9:20 PM
Dec 24, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Sokah said:
Could have just drained the world without even confronting the other witch. Completely pointless battle.

The fact that she COULD drain all magic... LOL

The ridiculous politics.

"Even you can't survive this explosion..." but Izetta could. And the long fall after.

Pretty terribad.

Yeah. If she was able to do that, she should have done it away from the other witch. They should have given her a parachute too.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Dec 24, 2016 9:28 AM

Sep 2015
Izetta survives but is a vegetative state or just unable to walk...
Apparently Berkman survives with his eye shot.

The best part of the whole episode was when Sieg was killed due to his own guilt. That was well done actually.

The overall episode was pretty decent but nothing amazing. This officially confirms it, NotHitler is worse than actual Hitler. All Eylstadt did was neutralize the witches so they should of been able to conduct the war as according to history since they shouldn't be militarily inferior in anyway if not superior.
Do note it is only 1941 when they fell.
North Africa wasn't even lost yet. Soviet Union should be on the brink of destruction about now. Germany was in no condition to lose. Eylstadt didn't damage the Germanian war effort, only the witch and nuclear program.

Germanian is still 5 years more advanced than the real Germany so they should actually be winning even harder. For NotHitler to lose EARLIER proves how horrid his command was; or at least his generals.
Dec 24, 2016 9:30 PM

Dec 2010
srsly? she lived after all that?
Dec 25, 2016 2:39 AM

Oct 2014
I felt that the ending was good though...well at least compared to how the anime went downhill mid-way through.
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Dec 25, 2016 5:49 AM

Sep 2011
It felt like it wasted a lot of potential after the strong start, but it was still a good ride.
Dec 25, 2016 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
So many predicted that Izetta would die...whelp! she's still alive! for sure she's doesn't have anymore magic and another drawback is she's handicapped and on a wheelchair!?
Seighart was killed by a solder who resembles as the solder "Jonas" the one that he killed also...maybe Karma!?
But the heck, Seighard dies but Bergmann live!? Where's the justice? The sly selfish bad always survives huh!?!??
Eifel Tower has been wrecked by the clash of Izetta & Sophie (props for Amamiya Sora for the incredible voice acting of enraged Sophie)
Epic voice acting also for Hayami Saori (Fine crying on 19:06 -19:16)
5/5!
8/10. supposed to be 7 but i'll give it 8. if MAL has 7.5 decimal system, it would have been better.

Dec 26, 2016 9:26 AM

Jul 2008
This anime started so great but then it went downhill.

7/10, but it could have been so much more.
Dec 27, 2016 5:38 PM

Mar 2012
5/10 for me.
This show wasn't that bad but..
Dec 28, 2016 12:37 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Here I am. I've come in the forums just to trash things instead of having interesting discussion.

Meh mehhh. I'm not too fond of Izetta surviving. Live fully or die. Pick one. I think it would have been a bit better if Fine only had the shrine/statue yadda put up for Izetta after she died so it's drawing a parallel from past events and maybe even help to drill in the point that somewhere, this might happen again. Having Izetta stay alive gives off another message, in my opinion. "Woo! War might happen, but if you're on the side of "good" then you might end up in a wheel chair but at least you'll be alive! Eyy!" They even failed to show just what Izetta's condition was to make matters worse.
One thing I can say about a lot of Gundam installments is that they do pretty much have the same message of, "Nah, I don't care who or what you fight for, you'll die or the ones you love will die and you're gonna be really messed up for life-- or dead".
Of course, I don't expect them to follow Gundam's lead, but what I mean to say is I think with the message they were trying to get across, Izetta's survival actually hinders.

Also, there was like no point to Elvira's character other than to produce fanservice.
More shoujo ai would have upped my rating. Anime brat right here.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 31, 2016 2:57 AM

Mar 2009
I'm thrilled that they let Izetta live, albeit sacrificing her magic and legs. There was enough sacrifice in this final episode without going the cliche route of killing Izetta off. Everyone and their mother expected her to die. Not having a character die off at the end does not equate to bad writing or a cop-out. There are numerous stories out there, including anime, that have a tragic death in the final episode. It doesn't need to happen ALL THE TIME.

All that being said, it was still a mediocre last episode. And the show had some potential at the beginning, but quickly went downhill. I still remember when people thought this was going to be the best anime of the season. And they also thought that we were finally getting an actual lesbian relationship in an anime. What a joke. lol
Anime continues to do this bullshit vague and ambiguous "ARE THEY FRIENDS...OR SOMETHING MORE?!!!" thing when it comes to lesbian relationships. It's incredibly annoying. Just go all the way already. It's not difficult dammit!

So...I will pretend that they live out the rest of their days together deeply in love with each other. THE END
Jan 2, 2017 4:52 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Well at least they did not fridge Izetta or Fine. I still cringe at people in this thread wanting a female character, let alone possible lesbian to be fridged as "consequences". I'd take any cop out over that.

On other hand they also completely ignored their relationship and still left it completely ambiguous which is UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. IS IT SO HARD TO JUST FUCKING CONFIRM IT.

And the episode overall felt disjointed.

Yeah, god forbid something in this show have consequences for the main characters.
Jan 2, 2017 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, it seems like people really REALLY did not enjoy watching this show.

I on the other hand, actually enjoyed it quite a lot.

Despite all of the OPness presented by Germania, I thought that the story was at least decently thought out. There weren't any real plot holes or anything. At some point or another it seems that everything worth explaining was explained. They even gave a general explanation as to why Germania knew what they knew, which always irritated me through the first half of the show.

I found Sophie to be half bland, half interesting. She had all of the tropes of your ordinary generic villain, but her reasons actually weren't terrible. She felt genuinely betrayed by the man she loved, and that betrayal led to her death. I can't exactly fault her for feeling the way she felt, but at the same time she lacked the open minded perspective of Izetta. The difference between the two is that Izetta understood Fine's role as the leader and having to put the many over the one. Sophie didn't get that.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see Izetta lived. Can't really call it an asspull, because on the mountain she said "she might die"...which means she might live.

Two things I wasn't really pleased with.

1. The lack of showing Fine and Izetta's faces at the end. There really wasn't any need for it. They were showing everybody after the time skip. They showed Fine and Bianca still at the office. They showed the loli maid caring for Izetta at the cabin. But when they get to the cabin scene, they hide Fine's face like we don't know it's fucking her, and then they don't show Izetta's face though we can clearly see the top of her head and she's wheelchair bound. Why not just show the faces? I could've made the ending feel a bit more impactful. Christ, we even got to see Berkman's face and that he fled to America (Atlanta) and survived a gunshot to the eye. The lack of clarity even though we can already clearly see who the characters are just makes no sense.

2. THEY DIDNT GO FULL YURI! FUUUUUCK! Oh my fucking god. That broom riding scene at night on the mountain, that was the PERFECT opportunity!!!! The way Izetta was holding her, and then the way they were doing like looping and stuff in the sky and shit with the moon in the background, it looked like as she was tilting the broom that they were going to lean into each other and go full canon. But nooooooooooooo! And even then when they were holding and leaning on each other on the mountain they still could've done it...and they still didn't!!!!! GAHHH!!!!
Again, just like with the hiding of the faces, there's no real reason why they shouldn't have just taken the yuri all of the way. The intimacy and romantic feelings were completely there, they just failed to follow through on them. It was obvious they had feeling for each other, and both all of their close allies, and the world (except Germania) liked Fine and Izetta. It probably wouldn't have caused any kind of crazy political uproar.

7/10. Would be higher if those two complaints were addressed.

Also, RIP Seig, you did the work that needed to be done bruh.
Jonesy974Jan 2, 2017 9:59 PM
Jan 2, 2017 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
Noraf46 said:
It would have been better if Izetta had died. Having that half scene with her at the end took a lot of the impact away, but then they do it in a way that's vague by just showing part of her hair and that evidently she's in a wheelchair? I did enjoy the battle at least, but I don't see how once the witches were no more Germania just wound up losing quickly. They still had overwhelming military might and in this timeline they invented the atomic bomb, which would have made them even more dangerous even without a witch to fly it.

Because once Izetta and Sophie were gone, it basically became traditional WWII. Sure Germania had the military might, but that was mainly against Elsytadt and the other little countries. They got fucked once Atlanta, Britannia, and the Russian country all invaded. The atomic bomb they invented too wasn't the real atom bomb either. The explosive for the bomb was created using Sophie's crystals, and they didn't have a true propulsion system for it either; it needed to be guided by Sophie as well.
Jan 2, 2017 11:48 PM

Oct 2015
My fan art.
Omnia munda mundis
Jan 3, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2015
This show was alright. A lot of filler. A lot of nonsense plot I didn't care about. A lot of side characters I really didn't care about. Questionable animation in places especially near the end. Pretty solid music though, liked the two leads. I almost feel like they chickened out of a darker ending where Izetta actually dies. But Izetta was also really cute and the best part of the show, so I'm not exactly upset she survived. 7/10 exceeded my expectations.
Jan 5, 2017 7:52 AM

Dec 2013
This show seems to be utterly incapable of doing things in a subtle manner. that combined with some of the most tired tropes in modern anime and an absolute cop out ending (Izetta lives, no romantic relationship, open ending wtf "more wars to come")
I am thoroughly dissapointed by this show and the latter part was insulting how bad it was.
I am tempted to give it a very low score, but the animation, the music and overall production were very nice, so that bumps it up a bit for me.
Jan 5, 2017 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
Oh thank goodness. My best case scenario was that Izetta would live but be crippled, I just didn't want her to die. It'd be too sad, she needs to be with Fine, they're too precious. That scene of them flying was so nice.

Definitely wasn't expecting the Spirit Bomb finale. It looked cool enough.

Seig dying that way was unfortunate, though really fitting and had a good tone to it. Berkman living was nice, though, I think he's too cool to just go out like a bitch. And now he's got a sweet eye patch.

The show definitely had its problems but it was strong enough. Good, but not amazing, 7/10 seems fitting to me.
Jan 6, 2017 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
And so it ends. It feels like there's still something to be drsired
I dunno, it was good when it was good, and when it wasn't.. Yeah.

6/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 6, 2017 5:42 AM

Nov 2011
Narratively it was shamelessly and dramatic illogically, this episode, but as a final, I liked it, although almost everything was a little telegraphed. Screenplay, good, designs and animations are on the sufficiency. Beautiful and catchy soundtrack.
The defect of this anime series, is that it has created too many expectations against it and then he miserably disappointed, this is the first accusation that move against it.

6/10 for now.
Jan 6, 2017 8:06 PM

Oct 2016
Well i'm just really glad that Izetta survived at the end!! thats all from me
Jan 8, 2017 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
Jeez the amount of hate here is absurd, its one of the more creative shows this season with a phenomenal soundtrack to boot.
Jan 8, 2017 1:00 PM
May 2016
I thought it was good, except for the ending
Jan 8, 2017 4:11 PM

Oct 2008
That's the funny thing about expectations, isn't it? By coming into a show with a preconceived notion of how you want it to turn out, you're going to be disappointed every step of the way if it doesn't follow your set vision for it. Believe me, I know. Honestly, this is one of the reasons I feel we should have everything spoiled for us from the beginning, but I digress.

Personally, I always try to enjoy a show for what it is, instead of what I think it should be. Because I came into Izetta with zero expectations, I was captivated by the premise, execution and animation. I found myself riveted to the screen during the well-animated and imaginative battles and high-stakes and suspenseful moments, shocked when new and unexpected developments occurred and pining for more when the end credits rolled around.

I do enjoy it when the occult is injected into a rather realistic setting and I think they did a great job of juxtaposing the two. The magic and mechanics were well-fleshed out and I adored Izetta herself. (The fact that she's a spitting image of Tsugumi from Kannagi sure helps things a lot.) Also, I know that some people say that killing characters off can feel like cheap "emotional manipulation". For me, it made the series that much graver and unpredictable as you never knew what was going to happen next. It was cruel and heavily drove home the dire and frantic war-like atmosphere. In the same vein, the power struggle between the various factions and the exploration of the consequences of wielding great power (cue Uncle Ben) were welcome additions.

While I think her surviving at the end took away from the impact of her sacrifice, I cannot say that I'm not happy to see that Izetta managed to get a happy end with Fine, albeit at a cost. The themes of "the needs of the many versus the needs of the few" was well-done and I loved how Fine and Izetta was again juxtaposed with Sophie in this regard. That is one of the reasons as to why I thought the end was okay. They didn't know that Izetta was going to survive. They were prepared to go all the way and that was all that mattered. Speaking of which, I actually really liked the ending. They did cover all their bases by foreshadowing everything and I'm glad to see that everything was built up nicely.

It started and ended with the focus on the relationship of Fine and Izetta and if you ask me, that's all it needed to be. I give this show a perfect Nausicaa LaLaLa/10.

(I want an Izetta top-down shooting game. Seriously, the concepts of this show translated to phenomenal game mechanics. The possibilities are endless!)
ActarJan 8, 2017 5:17 PM
Jan 10, 2017 5:03 AM
Apr 2014
man these final episodes... There was one thing that really annoyed me. Everybody calling Berckmann out on his betrayal was just fucking stupid. Why the fuck would he support the very country that is trying to kill him? Fighting for someones country only goes so far. If the leader of the country wants him dead why should he continue fighting for that?

there were a few other things I kinda disliked but that one really bothered me. I mean he definitely wasn't a good guy but his actions at the end were totally understandable.

The end was a bit surprising though. So the only one who died was the advisor? Both Izetta and Berckmann survived? And it didn't even look like Izetta aged. She just went back to the state before she got the stone from the advisor.

I surprisingly enjoyed this until the second witch appeared. After that it went in a weird direction.
Jan 10, 2017 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
Nanashi said:
man these final episodes... There was one thing that really annoyed me. Everybody calling Berckmann out on his betrayal was just fucking stupid. Why the fuck would he support the very country that is trying to kill him? Fighting for someones country only goes so far. If the leader of the country wants him dead why should he continue fighting for that?

there were a few other things I kinda disliked but that one really bothered me. I mean he definitely wasn't a good guy but his actions at the end were totally understandable.

The end was a bit surprising though. So the only one who died was the advisor? Both Izetta and Berckmann survived? And it didn't even look like Izetta aged. She just went back to the state before she got the stone from the advisor.

I surprisingly enjoyed this until the second witch appeared. After that it went in a weird direction.

Since Germania is supposed to be Nazi Germany, that didn't surprise me at all. People were expected to die for the Führer and killed if they refused. It was seen as more honorable to commit suicide than to surrender. Those who didn't fight "bravely" to their last breath were seen as a disgrace. Even multiple decades later people got called out for fleeing the country instead of doing what they were told to.
Jan 12, 2017 9:11 PM

Jun 2015
"The world is just like this Mosel Red right now. It is in my hands."

...*slow clap* aaand this show just went from a 7 to a 6. That is the most gloriously bad line of dialogue I've heard in an anime in a LONG time and pretty much sums up the last 4 episodes of this show. Really wanted to like Izetta. It started out promising. I even enjoyed the fan service and the yuri as well. But all that wasn't enough to keep this from devolving into a messy, lazy, convoluted mess at the end. I truly wonder if the main writer just died from a heart attack after episode 5 and was replaced by some camera man. Ugh.

Anyway, still 6/10 because it did have some good moments and redeeming qualities, but overall I was quite disappointed.
Jan 13, 2017 2:34 PM
Aug 2016
,,Izetta.... My witch...I order you....You...."-----,, Izetta will be the last witch in the wordl! Magic will vanish from the world and vanish into the world of fairy tales! Along with that accursed bomb and those terrible weapons! Even then, will the Germanian Empire still think itself the rulfer of the world?! AWSER ME !!!! No need to write more, the ending was so sad more than i need :'(
wtf2222Jan 13, 2017 3:14 PM
Jan 16, 2017 10:27 PM

Jun 2010
Late to the party, but I quite enjoyed the show and think it deserves a higher score than what it overall deserved. Easily an 7.5 for me. Interesting setting, plot and some good characters. But I guess it needs to be full of fanservice and harems nowadays to break an 7 score in peoples minds. The show was good and unique to me, but it kind of became predictable at the end but it wasn't all that bad as people have been saying it is. Definately doesn't derserve the overall 6 score.

Where I think it fell down is with the intro of another witch which kind of made the show lost some of its magic (the irony..) to me. Felt like a easy cop out just to counter Izetta.. it would have been cooler if the Germanians/Berkman came up with something else rather than say 'well, we got a witch too...' not to mention Sophie is annoying/generic as hell as a villain. With the discovery of Ley lines that Izetta's powers come from, I felt they could have used more of that as a plot device to create something different given Berkman's shadyness and cunning to come up with something.

Also very unexpected to see Izetta (and Berkman too) to survive at the end so was a surprise. Overall happy with the show except the slight letdown. Going to miss a couple of the characters like Bianca and the maid girl.

7.5/10 for me.

Jan 21, 2017 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
I like Sophie's outfit.

Ok, so the final battle was pretty darn good. A fitting end to this series.

I am a bit disappointed Izetta isn't dead. Close enough I guess.. after calling it first episode.

6/10 (above average) I enjoyed the show.
Jan 23, 2017 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
6.94? I'm disappointed nobody likes a good action anime here. Nobody enjoys good fights here it seems. I guess this is why dumb shit Re:zero is overrated.
ernstJan 23, 2017 5:28 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jan 27, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2009
I wish Izetta could have kept her powers, too bad she have to use all of it to fight Sophie...at least she is not dead! Finé and her can still be together! 8/10
Jan 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
so Izetta survived somehow.
or maybe they both already know that Izetta can survive, but they fake it instead to hide her identity as a witch that still alive.

I am quite curious, if their power comes from nature, then it can be restored as time flies, right? it should be.
Feb 16, 2017 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
This anime really had great start then FUCKING RUINED!
5/10
Mar 15, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
Ahhh...yeeep. Okay. This ending was far too abrupt for my liking. And really, it was a good setup for the end. Just that there was too much going on with too little time left. And that really sums up my thoughts on this series. The scale was far too large with the time available. Waging war, dealing with multiple layers of political diplomacy, the White Witch lore. I know this a cliche answer in and of itself, but a second season could have done more for giving all of the world building the breathing room it needed while still getting to all of the action and drama.

Working with what was available, however, I will say that it certainly still delivered. I was entranced by the lore behind the White Witch and how the truth hidden behind the fairy tale was cruel beyond imagination. There were also some hopelessly dramatic moments such as the irony behind Sieghart killing Jonas and then meeting his end to a young soldier who looked just like him. The little forbidden love bit between Bianca and Ricelt got me as well. And while Izetta supposedly making the ultimate sacrifice didn't lead to the ultimate sacrifice, there was still something melancholic but nice about seeing her alive, living in tranquility with Fine in the forest.

Overall, this series felt terribly chaotic and all over the place. It also could have done without the fanservice distractions. But as a whole, it still kept me entertained and it had my full attention early on with Izetta's magic abilities.

7/10
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

136 by Cyroro »»
Apr 23, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

314 by parzxval »»
Mar 12, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

125 by Fentanylfloyd »»
Mar 6, 4:42 AM

» Queerbait or straight up lesbians

a0t3a - May 4, 2021

4 by N3rdieBirdie »»
Feb 6, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Izetta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

144 by Muow »»
Feb 6, 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.