Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2009 5:53 PM

Sep 2009
mastertime said:
TRASH! TRASH! REALY A BAD ENDING! One of worst endings i have see D=
Oh wait , try watching 11 eyes.
Dec 24, 2009 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
mastertime said:
Indeed xD Watch 11eyes and you'll see some real trash : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 24, 2009 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
so its over ka?, guess they cant make a S3 with this one ,but o well it a very satisfying ending after all with everyone happy accepting their past and all that
wow didnt expected that nia was going to be a child again, guess the years and growth she spend in the first world need to be gone 2
and poor tomo, he didnt get the harem end at the end
ill give this aime 9out of 10, cause i really enjoyed it

PS i was just waiting to see misao bump herself into some wall or door, it couldn´t had ended without that
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 25, 2009 2:13 AM

Jan 2009
This episode so much reminded me of Guren Laggan, even the animation style was the same. Anyway, pretty satisfying ending. But is it really ended? After epilogue credits they implied something.

After disappointing 1st season, 2nd season surprised me a lot. 2nd season is simply better in every departments. How producers managed to do that? I have no idea. They are worth praise.

And I want just to add this was one of the best anime this fall season, no doubt about it.
Dec 25, 2009 3:08 AM

Oct 2009
TadloS said:
This episode so much reminded me of Guren Laggan, even the animation style was the same. Anyway, pretty satisfying ending. But is it really ended? After epilogue credits they implied something.

After disappointing 1st season, 2nd season surprised me a lot. 2nd season is simply better in every departments. How producers managed to do that? I have no idea. They are worth praise.

And I want just to add this was one of the best anime this fall season, no doubt about it.
Hello people! The igniter part drifting precisely hints at a 3rd season possibility.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 25, 2009 3:18 AM

Feb 2009
Well I have to admit that this ep actually wasn't half bad, and it's easy to tell that 95% of the budget they had for both first and second season was used for this ep, considering how incredibly bad everything has been up to this point. And what better way to end an entire series than a dildo floating through space...
TadloS said:
Well since a drunken back-tied monkey on crack locked in a dark room hanging upside down from the ceiling could have done a better job than the producers of the first season, I'm not too surprised that they managed to make it better, even if not by a lot. If they had managed to make it worse however then I would praise them for being the worst producers to ever see the light of the sun.

Overall this season was not as bad as the first one, but it still wasn't any good. One not half bad ep doesn't weigh up for an entire season of bad so it gets 4/10 since it needs a better score than the first S.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Dec 25, 2009 6:49 AM

Oct 2007
At least it was not too bad for an ending but it was too many plot wholes to begin with in the show. It could have done a lot of better with all the characters such as Shuri, Misao, Ania(adult), and Tokiya. Those are the only characters that still kept the show moving but it all was too late with all many screwed up they have since the first season.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 25, 2009 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
*RAGE* at Yuka Oh right, wrong anime ( ´・‿-)~

Z wut? Rofl you still have rage in the mind about Yuka well he===> has grudge against you.
Oosran said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
mastertime said:
Indeed xD Watch 11eyes and you'll see some great anime that you never seen in your life! With Yuka being great!real trash : >
No I correct you! There that is better!

Dec 25, 2009 10:51 AM

Jun 2007
mastertime said:
You good sir wouldn't even recognize genius if it were to jump into your face. :D

Anyways here is my Ode to Asura Cryin':

Oh Asura Cryin', what a grand show you have been.
From that fateful day you first appeared on my computer screen
till this moment where I watched your last seconds elapse before my eyes.
We shared joy, laughter and sorrow and now the time has come for us to part.
You have gone to realms no man has gone before, uniting everything,
not being able to escape at the count of three, under your divine flag.

You were it, who gave us such an innovative, well thought through and creative story,
yet we were too blind to see.
You were it, who bestowed us with a decisive, strong-willed and mature protagonist,
yet we mistook him for a mere naive child.
You were it, who enriched your work by introducing yourself in a creative and extraordinary way,
yet we interpreted those as plot-holes and bad direction.

You gave us so much, yet we thanked you so little.
Oh how foolish we had been. But all that no longer is,
as now I can see these mistakes we have made.
Now I know what greatness we had spurn all this long time.

I hereby reward you with the majestic score of 10/10 oh Asura Cryin'.
(might be lowered to a 2 or 3/10 later though)
Dec 25, 2009 11:30 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:

Z wut? Rofl you still have rage in the mind about Yuka well he===> has grudge against you.
Oh yeah? Send him to me and you won't ever see him again. Or he could just abandon Yuka, and he'll be able to live a full life.
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
mastertime said:
Indeed xD Watch 11eyes and you'll see some great anime that you never seen in your life! With Yuka being great!real trash : >
No I correct you! There that is better!
11eyes, was waaaaay worse than Asura Cryin', period. The ending, of 11eyes.. Is seriously bullshit.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 25, 2009 12:10 PM

Oct 2007
Mathes said:
mastertime said:
You good sir wouldn't even recognize genius if it were to jump into your face. :D

You were it, who gave us such an innovative, well thought through and creative story,
You were it, who bestowed us with a decisive, strong-willed and mature protagonist,
You were it, who enriched your work by introducing yourself in a creative and extraordinary way,

OMG, just what kind of school have you gone to, Mathes? I am fucking curious want to know :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 25, 2009 3:41 PM

Apr 2008
Oh well the ending was way better than I expected it to be.

I liked how they handled the romance in the last episode. Misao got her body back and Tomo became indecisive. Now Misao and Kanade have the same chances and as a Misao-fan I can point to the Tomoharu from the first world, who already chose Misao. :)

Overall it was a really good season. Lots of action, character development and story.

9/10
Dec 26, 2009 1:10 AM
Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Choose Misao! Do it! Nao! I demand it! щ(゚Д゚щ) BAWW Surprise, he didn't even choose one.
it really will be a surprise if he actually does chose one... o.o

lol nia, dont worry, u will be hot again after another 5 years ;p
oblivious is a bliss
Dec 26, 2009 1:44 AM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
Mathes said:
mastertime said:

OMG, just what kind of school have you gone to, Mathes? I am fucking curious want to know :D
Wow , me curious too...XD
Dec 26, 2009 2:00 AM

Apr 2008
mastertime said:

I felt kampfer ending was way way worst than this , if u think this ending was alrdy the worse i no comment

felt isn't that a bad way to end, though maybe a sad ending would make a bigger impact than a happy ending

Dec 26, 2009 2:26 AM
Jan 2009
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhh!

To ep10 (23) that was great, realy great. After it... last 3 episodes was HORRIBLE, TRASH, one of the WORST ENDING EVER!
Dec 26, 2009 12:37 PM

Jul 2008
which is a harder choice- choosing whether to save the planet, or choosing which girl to go out with? decision decisions, though i think the latter is harder
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 26, 2009 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
kage-bunshin said:
which is a harder choice- choosing whether to save the planet, or choosing which girl to go out with? decision decisions, though i think the latter is harder
Well it is.
If we put it this way, choosing not to save the world would render the question about which girl to choose unnecesary, since there wouldn't be anyone left ^^
But alas, that might be slightly uncomfortable, if the world suddenly vanishes D:
Still, choosing which girl to date is clearly the harder choice, since saving the world would be the obvious choice for any sane person.
Dec 26, 2009 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
Billbo88 said:
Well since a drunken back-tied monkey on crack locked in a dark room hanging upside down from the ceiling could have done a better job than the producers of the first season, I'm not too surprised that they managed to make it better, even if not by a lot. If they had managed to make it worse however then I would praise them for being the worst producers to ever see the light of the sun.
True that. After changing it back and forth I gave this season 3/10 and lowered the first to 2/10.

Billbo88 said:
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely
inorite

Mathes said:
mastertime said:

I salute you! o7
Dec 28, 2009 2:03 PM

Feb 2008
meh...that worked out too perfectly. why couldn't they just kill him. oh well, nothing else to say about this one really.
Dec 29, 2009 7:38 PM

Mar 2009
Great ending!! The fight was epic!! It was awesome how they merged the Asura Machina's with the Daughters. The fight could have lasted a little longer imo, but it was still good. I'm so glad Misao got to come back, but Tomo should've picked Takatsuki dammit!!!! It was awesome to see "Shuri" back in action too, when they were all fighting the other AM's it was great. Now I'm just hoping they'll release the Light Novels in the US...Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 29, 2009 8:33 PM

May 2008
Oosran said:

Lawl. But seriously, 11eyes wasn't all that bad. This was much worse.

I would have preferred Tomo ended up with Misao in the long run..seriously.

Other than that, IT'S OVER. IT'S FINALLY OVER FOR GOOD. NOW GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK, ASURA.

Dec 30, 2009 4:02 AM

Jan 2009
KayChan4U said:
Oosran said:
Lawl. But seriously, 11eyes wasn't all that bad. This was much worse.

I would have preferred Tomo ended up with Misao in the long run..seriously.

Other than that, IT'S OVER. IT'S FINALLY OVER FOR GOOD. NOW GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK, ASURA.
No but seriously, 11eyes was way worse. It contained Yuka, can't get worse than that.
Oh well, I'll just respect that there are actually people of different opinion than me ಠ_ಠ
Dec 30, 2009 6:02 PM

Apr 2009
what a good end.. this season is a good comeback to the massive failure of the first.. but i'm reluctant to give a even at least a 9.. the first half is fail, just like the first season.. lots of plotholes and this isn't like a comedy anime in which i won't care about the plot in a greater degree.. fights were spectacular but sometimes, character animations get bad.. and nia turned back to loli.. so i just give an 8.. this anime would be greatly remembered, though.. coz "Alternative" is my most favorite angela song..
Dec 30, 2009 10:23 PM

Oct 2009
argilium said:
this anime would be greatly remembered, though.. coz "Alternative" is my most favorite angela song..
My favorite song too so far among some others.

Dec 31, 2009 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
argilium said:
this anime would be greatly remembered, though.. coz "Alternative" is my most favorite angela song..
It's really good actually, along with some others : 3
Dec 31, 2009 9:27 AM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
argilium said:
try hearing the full song and it becomes more awesome than it already was for the tv size..
Dec 31, 2009 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
argilium said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
argilium said:
try hearing the full song and it becomes more awesome than it already was for the tv size..
Yup, that ones been close to the top of my list for some time now : >
Dec 31, 2009 12:12 PM

Sep 2008
wow im actually surprised how well they closed this series... even though I think it wasn't interesting at all. Anyways I liked how tomo was like "I want to save the first world" than they learn that using the igniter would erase the other worlds... kinda pointless don't ya think?

I didn't get the ending but I never was really interested enough to understand everything either.
Jan 1, 2010 10:40 PM

Sep 2009
Looks like a happy ending for just about everyone. Overall an enjoyable show...too bad the first season had to give it a bad start.
Jan 2, 2010 4:24 AM

Jun 2007
As horrible as the 1st season was, they really did a wonderful job on the second season. The ending tied everything in perfectly but also left a few things open for us to guess about. For example the igniter floating in the 3rd dimension's space even though all of dimension 1's things where supposed to disappear. The evil ice women giving Takuma Higuchi what looks like a club membership and the possibility that they might like each other. Takaya Kagakagari still alive on that island...etc.

It was definitely worth the watch. The only thing I could have asked for would be to make Kurogane look better after the upgrades but o well.
Jan 11, 2010 11:47 AM

May 2009
Nice and happy ending for everyone and a pretty good fight as well. Better than the first season.
Jan 11, 2010 1:42 PM
Aug 2009
ok though i really did like season two, the ending is kinda pokemon style everything is good XD other then the in my opinion b-rated ending i really did love this anime. Both seaon 1 and 2.
Jan 11, 2010 10:03 PM
Jan 2009
know what I think?

Tomoharu really should have died... annoying f*%k that he was...

then Misao could have made a yuri harem for herself out of Shuri/Yukari, Nia and Kanade...

now THAT would have been anime worth watching!!
Jan 15, 2010 11:37 PM
Jul 2009
Happy ending for most. Thank goodness they didn't use the igniter to do something like bringing back every character that died for a super happy ending. That would have really ruined it for me.

Also thought Tomo would eventually sacrifice himself or something of that nature.

Really liked the series. The first half almost pales in comparison. Don't know how they could have made this a series a 10 in my book but it was entertaining enough for a 9.
Jan 18, 2010 5:23 AM

May 2008
1st season was absolute fail however necessary in order to get the much better paced and conclusive 2nd season. Well, one more for the completed list. overall i gave a 5/10

Its a shame tomo didnt choose to stick with misao, and kanade can go die NAO!
seeying nia back to loli was fun to see again.

oh and ...wow,how it's actually done. All the baddies were beaten, every character got their epilogue and there's really nothing left. perfect ending lol
Jan 22, 2010 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
Well isn't that nice everyone gets a happy ending and everything is nice and dandy.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't how it should have ended at the very least the fucking idiot Tokiya and his stupid bitch should have died. I mean srsly WHAT THE FUCK, also Misao should not have been brought back to life, ITS OBVIOUS that Tomoharu would choose Kanade.

OVERALL HERE IS WHAT I THINK:

+1 for a great season full of twist and turns and leaving us wanting more after every episode.

+1 finally the main character doesn't choose the "childhood friend" (what ever anyone is saying ITS FUCKING OBVIOUS its Kanade)

+1 for giving us bad guys who can actually KILL good guys

+1 for explaining all the nonsense that was season 1

+1 for genuinely trying at giving us an exciting anime without it being over-the-top predictable

now here's the bad:

-1 for not killing anyone at the end (happy ending for everyone is not the way to go)

-1 for actually giving Misao a chance at the end

-1 for making the bad guy into a "reformed bad guy" at the end

-1 for making the bad guy so fucking irritating and a fucking idiot

-1 making us believe that this would end in an "EPIC" dare I say TTGL style ending.

However, overall I can't complain too much this is way better than a lot of other endings and S2 really was exciting and enjoyable. 8/10
Jan 27, 2010 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
No but seriously, 11eyes was way worse. It contained Yuka, can't get worse than that.
Oh well, I'll just respect that there are actually people of different opinion than me ಠ_ಠ

I actualy enjoyed Yuka lol, mentaly unstable people make me smile :P
I watched Utakata because of the second half of the show where whats-her-name was trying to kill people lol (im fairly sure that was ment to be a girls show and you were ment to be sad that shes going evil, but that was the high point in the show for me lol)

I say that not enough people died, or acleast where hospitalized.. after having most of her soul destroyed, Misao should of acleast needed to spend some time recovering.. also, wouldnt there be more drama from a ghost suddenly comming back to life? what ever happened to when tomo was wanted by the cops? why didnt they interview and ask why his house reappered? and why did they just accept it when misao became visible and there was just simply a ghost haunting tomo? why didnt they call the ghost busters? and mid-fight, hagane and kurogane went threw the gate to the third world.. wouldnt that make them both demons nulling their contracts during that time period weakening them?.. thar is lots of plotholes lol
Jan 29, 2010 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
Lol i really like when people bashing an anime because no one dies XD, people these days really love to see someone died do they XD

Oh well just some rants..why the hell they still call Tokiya "president" until the end of series..seriously, even after he tried to destroy their world Pfftt..

And why the hell Nia turn into a loli again..Noo

7/10 as a token of my appreciation for Misao who sacrifice herself TWICE both her from first world and second world for that guy..yeah that guy..jeez

Ahh feeling better after releasing so much from marathon this since season 1..
Jan 29, 2010 7:15 AM

Jan 2009
Laevantein said:
Indeed, noooooo (屮゚Д゚)屮
Tbh, I prefer grown-up Nia to even Misao, and that says alot really, since Misao was the best character in the whole series (¬_¬)
Jan 29, 2010 7:22 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Laevantein said:
Indeed, noooooo (屮゚Д゚)屮
Tbh, I prefer grown-up Nia to even Misao, and that says alot really, since Misao was the best character in the whole series (¬_¬)
Man i agree with you..Misao is the reason i continue on watching it..and grown-up Nia is great too, but in my eyes she hasn't beaten Misao
Feb 7, 2010 12:00 PM

Mar 2009
Disappointment. Total and utter disappointment. First season fails, but second season is an abomination of fail contradicting the first.

http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=55825 If you really want to know anything about the plot.
Feb 8, 2010 5:10 PM

Jan 2010
Many people doesn't like happy endings, but they are much better that enings, where the half of main characters dies, and the main character becomes homeless or disabled.

In general, I like this anime. It certainly does not pull on the masterpiece, as some, but it also is not the sad shit, as many animes in our days )
Feb 18, 2010 6:43 AM

Feb 2007
I thought the series over all sucked. Season 1 was outright terrible and season 2 for the most part was generic and below average but it was better than what s1 had offered. The show had too many plot threads and too many contradicting plot holes. Only good part was the final battle which was surprisingly well animated. The fact that everyone got a happy ending and no-one really died was bs. I don't mind happy endings but when they totally ignore what has happened before hand and reset the status quo, it just irks me. Eureka 7 had a wonderful happy ending, so did Heroic Age, they took into account the changes in plot and made a happy end around that - AC just ignores everything and continues to plod along at the same generic harem pace its had.

6/10 Only because I like angela's OP and ED music.

Mar 7, 2010 6:34 PM
Nov 2009
The ending is good, happily ever after, but it miss an extra competent male character (since the beginning), because there are two girl, and the protagonist itself confused over choosing which one.

Actually, i prefer ending Tokiya Kagayaki with a knife in his eye because he's a real bastard and killed off some of the major characters and planned to implode the universe.
Oh yeah, the "knife in the eye" sounds familiar to you? if you don't, play and beat Modern Warfare 2!
Similarity: Both was a former superior (Kagayaki's a chief of the science club before going into his own way (understatement), and Shepherd the chief of Task Force 141 before he disbanded it himself (understatement... again) and form Shadow Company.
Kagayaki shots Yukari and First World Tomoharu to death, Yoh and Shuri was shot too, but survived. Shepherd shot the main Task Force 141 character Roach and Ghost the skull-mask commando of Task Force 141. Notice the similarities?

And for Kagakagari, for his attempt to crash a plane full of highschoolers in the end of the first season, he deserves some beating and a bullet in the forehead just like.... The end of the first half of Modern Warfare (Call of Duty 4) will tell you.
Similarity: Al-asad nukes an entire city full of US Army, Zakhaev threatens to launch nukes (fortunately disabled by SAS-USMC Joint Operation), costing the live of 30000 US Army in Al-asad hands, and Griggs and Gaz being shot by Zakhaev.
Kagakagari attempts to crash a plane full of highschoolers and fortunately failed, at the cost of the cute little Aine.
Mar 8, 2010 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
OMFG! It's so f*cking epic!!! Because of this ep my score of this show rises to 9/10! I can't find words to explain this awesome insane fighting between Kurogane and Hagane. O_O That's why I love this show!

I'm really glad that Tomo saved Touru. That was unexpected. I thought that Touru will die and I'm already has prepared to fall in deep depression... Awwwww, thanks God Touru was saved T_T

But there were other unexpected things! Misao also was saved! *Yay!* I hope in the end Tomo choose Misao ~_~
And lol - Nia come back to child form)))
Hiwako in Rakurowa High School Club now O_O... I'm glad that she hasn't died, because I like her ^_^

It is pleasant to me, when in the end show what happens with all characters. As a result - very nice happy ending for show like this (because it's full of sadness and deaths). Second season is many times better, than the first.
May 17, 2010 6:22 AM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:

-Really wish Tomo had just picked one in the end but it was rather cute and probably the only anime that does a "choose one" ending that didn't piss me the hell off. (Word of advice Tomo, go for the Harem End like Alto did in Macross Frontier).

I have to agree, I think when they held their hands out he should have grabbed both of their hands.
Jun 2, 2010 7:26 PM
Jan 2009
2nd season was a lot better than first. The Nia shrink was funnnyyy.
Not EVERYTHING from first world disappeared :), the house blew up in first season remember? It got sent from 1st world and didn't go away. They screwed up on that one lol
Aug 22, 2010 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
I'm glad this series if over. I want the hours i spent on it back.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 17, 2010 9:46 AM

Sep 2007
I agree with ezikialrage

tsubasalover said:

Well the old man said he was from the first world and travelled to time. I guess he either went back to the first world or just ''died'' sort of - was just erased from the 2nd world.
I kill a man, I am an assassin; I kill millions, I am a conqueror; I kill everybody, I am a god
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 18, 2009

55 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 11, 2009

67 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:44 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Riveiraland - Dec 16, 2009

36 by Mionyo »»
May 31, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 5 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

31 by ElusiveLight »»
May 7, 2016 4:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

38 by Ginjiro »»
Jan 13, 2015 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.