Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 23, 2009 7:21 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was.....conclusive....

-No seriously, I mean...wow, it's actually done. All the baddies were beaten, every character got their epilogue and there's really nothing left. I mean....well after all these anime having "non-endings" and "maybe we'll make another season if we feel like it" conclusions, it's kind of refreshing (and somewhat empty) to have an anime that just...wraps up everything with a simple conclusion.

-The final battle against the president was probably where the animation budget for half the season went to. Wow, that was intense. And I think I probably saw some Gurren Lagaan-inspired type sequences during the heavy stuff. Really enjoyed Kurogane's Nitoryuu and Persephone actually being awesome. (When it got it's wing cut off, I was like "NOOOOOOO!" >,>)

-Lol'ed at Nia returning to child form. Hey, "everything" from the first world has gotta go.

-Really wish Tomo had just picked one in the end but it was rather cute and probably the only anime that does a "choose one" ending that didn't piss me the hell off. (Word of advice Tomo, go for the Harem End like Alto did in Macross Frontier)

1st season was absolute fail however necessary in order to get the much better paced and conclusive 2nd season. Well, one more for the completed list.
Dec 23, 2009 7:54 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverDec 23, 2009 9:22 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 23, 2009 7:56 PM

Aug 2009
tsubasalover said:
Where did you find it? I cannot find it anywhere except CR (I cannot watch it because it's anime members only).

Sorry, I actually am a CR member >,>
Dec 23, 2009 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
It had some nice action, and although the ending was very cliche, it was done quite nicely. When you think about it, they couldn't really end this anime any other way with the setup it was given.

I'm glad this season didn't turn out a disgrace like the first, since I liked the characters and setup. I'd prob rate it the 4th best anime this season, when the first season would of been like the 4th worst...
llamabenDec 23, 2009 8:07 PM
Dec 23, 2009 11:01 PM

Aug 2009
1st season was FAIL but it made me think on what will happen on the 2nd season.

This ended pretty good. Everyone had a happy ending. The burial dolls were turned into human. Nia, well, returned to being a child though. Oh well, everything in the first world should go..

The ending was satisfying. LOL at Misao at the end. Old habits die hard.
Dec 23, 2009 11:16 PM

Sep 2008
It's obvious that Tomo picked Takatsuki at the end.

The fight was actually pretty good, since I dislike mechas and all.
I liked how they showed Kagakagari once more... and Susugihara is a girl... hmmmm somehow I still don't believe it.

I thought the ending was a little too happy. I mean, the antagonists should have died. Oh well, the series really lived up to Takatsuki's greatness at the end, so you can say that I'm satisfied.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2009 12:23 AM

Oct 2009
The fight wasn't epic as i expected but was pretty good and Gurren Lagaan like with all the fire stuff...not a bad ending compared to most anime's these days everyone had a happy ending except Kagakagari. And Shuri is back too! And it was great to hear the first season opening song during the fight! All in all it was a satisfying series!
AozureDec 24, 2009 12:30 AM
Dec 24, 2009 12:51 AM
Feb 2009
Wat an ending.Feel that the ending is disappointing as its too much of a happy end.I mean seriously,everyone is like living happily ever after when i thought the ending woud be a sad one for tomoharu,kanade and misao.
Dec 24, 2009 1:35 AM

Aug 2009
Why does it need to be a sad ending? Unless they went for the uber-tragic, I really couldn't see this ending without it being happy.

(Then again, I went this entire season thinking Misao was gonna die so yeah...)
Dec 24, 2009 1:39 AM

May 2008
The ending was alright,

lmao @ Tomo at the end for not making up his mind XD
Dec 24, 2009 6:11 AM

Jan 2009
Amazing how they managed to turn it around from a shitty Season 1 to an enjoyable Season 2. It has been a nice ride.

oh and lol@Misao who banged into the door in the end xD
Dec 24, 2009 7:38 AM

Oct 2009
Best of the best! This made my wishes come true in this serie!
Amazing! Exciting! Tears of happiness! Let's go step by step. The beginning was frustrating with Natsume getting beaten by Hagane but it was amazing when they put Shuri into a missile blast scene of Hagane
(on wish came true!). Suisho showdown one last time. I did not know the bullets of Reishirou can corrode some parts of Machinas. The battle itself was great with pausing. Punch To Kurogane that almost froze it. Double swords of Aki's style slice to Hagane. Hagane mass ice ball
. All good stuff from the fight not to mention this part where it was nicely shown a battle between Machinas from far=>
. Toru revelation that she kept fighting/using Kurogane so that Aki would die because she wanted to Tokiya to love her...O_O Her body is still so hot even if I hate her for doing all that bad stuff as Picasso mask=>
Best was Natsume saving Toru from her fate of dissapearing that was Epic after all she did a few episodes back. Assuming with this that any Asura Machina can save a burial doll as long as they have the same power and match. Splitter
at the end with Misao/Himezasa coming into human forms was great (another wish come true for Misao). Kurogane with Persephone power looks nice here=> but Hagane with Charlize fusion looks not bad also At the end Ania came back as a little 10 year old and everyone is doing fine even Hiwako is back too and applying to be in the club!
So the end analyzation that I just want to have fun with you all is here: looks like Anne is going to continue her sports things at school=>
Mahiwa/Himezasa/Rikka all having fun. Himezasa is back as a human, looks so nice and Vivian is small again.=>
Tokiya x Toru looks good with Toru having the pendant of her sister Aki. I loved that. Guess Toru will be takng care of Tokiya for some time.=>
Guess Satomi is being punished by his old partner and looks like he is having a hard time. He desrevs after he killed Christina!
Kagayaki is still stuck on the island where he lost Rhodonite...thinking about things but he looks like a undead person. Hope he recovers eventually.
Guessing Ritsu is back at her research job and is still into putting pills through the anus? O_o I don't want that!
Persephone looks to have some interest in Yukari the way it's looking at her here=>
Thinking that with the igniter in space like that 3rd season might start with someone finding it and using it again? Might be possible.
I also want to mention it was epic that they used OP from season 1 in the battle.
TechDragon said:
lmao @ Tomo at the end for not making up his mind XD
Yeah lol at him but I would take more Misao...to much trouble to deal with a demon....:P

zaon47 said:
oh and lol@Misao who banged into the door in the end xD

Yeah lol at her indeed and she is also cute at the same time :3
francismeunierDec 24, 2009 7:44 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 24, 2009 8:58 AM

Feb 2008
this was a great season, the second best series this fall 9/10 for me
Dec 24, 2009 1:45 PM

Jan 2009
Great action and woot Tomoharu didn't get a harem ending =P
Dec 24, 2009 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Nice anime.F*ck all trols which only knew how to bash it.
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Dec 24, 2009 4:24 PM

Jan 2009
*RAGE* at Yuka Oh right, wrong anime ( ´・‿-)~
This final battle, is sooo much better than then last fight in 11eyes ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Oh, cool, I'm getting Gundam 00 vibes, they're running Spiral in the final fight : D (Just like they ran Daybreak's Bell in the final fight of Gundam 00 Okay fine, they didn't but still D:), awesome ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Apart from that, I'm also getting TTGL-vibes (‐^▽^‐)
Too bad though that Tooru apparantly (obviously ┐(-。ー')┌) was in love with Tokiya.
And Kurogane.. Has got some serious powers ( ¯‿¯)
Oh how wonderful, Misao got her body back too ( ̄ー ̄)
Oh no! Nia's back to being a loli 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。
Choose Misao! Do it! Nao! I demand it! щ(゚Д゚щ) BAWW Surprise, he didn't even choose one.
Anyway, great, this ending was actually an ending that managed to conclude stuff ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Seriously, wonderful, splendid, just .. Great! Just that final battle made my rating skyrocket to a 9/10 in the end, and there's been some time since I've given a 9 to a concluded series ʘ‿ʘ
OosranDec 24, 2009 5:30 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 24, 2009 5:07 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:

Oh, cool, I'm getting Gundam 00 vibes, they're running Spiral in the final fight : D (Just like they ran Daybreak's Bell in the final fight of Gundam 00), awesome ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Not to nitpick but actually they ran Daybreak's Bell during the ending credits. Not the final fight.

A better example would be like that one episode of Eureka Seven when they ran Days during the Nirvash/theEND fight.
Dec 24, 2009 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

Oh, cool, I'm getting Gundam 00 vibes, they're running Spiral in the final fight : D (Just like they ran Daybreak's Bell in the final fight of Gundam 00), awesome ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Not to nitpick but actually they ran Daybreak's Bell during the ending credits. Not the final fight.

A better example would be like that one episode of Eureka Seven when they ran Days during the Nirvash/theEND fight.

Oh well, it was some time since Gundam 00 now, right? I just remember them running it in the end ┐('~`;)┌
Still, that's the vibe this final battle gave me : p Whether or not it was actually like that, is of little consequence : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 24, 2009 5:28 PM

Sep 2009
garfield15 said:
Why does it need to be a sad ending? Unless they went for the uber-tragic, I really couldn't see this ending without it being happy.
(Then again, I went this entire season thinking Misao was gonna die so yeah...)
Damn you took away all my words..:P

Oosran said:
XD XD , this cracked me to the point of having tears..

Never had any complaints from this anime. Entertaining . Amazing characters .
No ones as disturbing or hate-able as Yuka .
Music during the war is just awesome .
Kagakagari is hot.Its sad to see him sad.

Lowed the anime..
Wudnt love OVA's centered around the comedy thing..
Dec 24, 2009 5:50 PM
Jan 2009
TRASH! TRASH! REALY A BAD ENDING! One of worst endings i have see D=
Dec 24, 2009 5:53 PM

Sep 2009
mastertime said:
Oh wait , try watching 11 eyes.
Dec 24, 2009 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
mastertime said:
Indeed xD Watch 11eyes and you'll see some real trash : >
Dec 24, 2009 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
so its over ka?, guess they cant make a S3 with this one ,but o well it a very satisfying ending after all with everyone happy accepting their past and all that
wow didnt expected that nia was going to be a child again, guess the years and growth she spend in the first world need to be gone 2
and poor tomo, he didnt get the harem end at the end
ill give this aime 9out of 10, cause i really enjoyed it

PS i was just waiting to see misao bump herself into some wall or door, it couldn´t had ended without that
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 25, 2009 2:13 AM

Jan 2009
This episode so much reminded me of Guren Laggan, even the animation style was the same. Anyway, pretty satisfying ending. But is it really ended? After epilogue credits they implied something.

After disappointing 1st season, 2nd season surprised me a lot. 2nd season is simply better in every departments. How producers managed to do that? I have no idea. They are worth praise.

And I want just to add this was one of the best anime this fall season, no doubt about it.
Dec 25, 2009 3:08 AM

Oct 2009
TadloS said:
This episode so much reminded me of Guren Laggan, even the animation style was the same. Anyway, pretty satisfying ending. But is it really ended? After epilogue credits they implied something.

After disappointing 1st season, 2nd season surprised me a lot. 2nd season is simply better in every departments. How producers managed to do that? I have no idea. They are worth praise.

And I want just to add this was one of the best anime this fall season, no doubt about it.
Hello people! The igniter part drifting precisely hints at a 3rd season possibility.

Dec 25, 2009 3:18 AM

Feb 2009
Well I have to admit that this ep actually wasn't half bad, and it's easy to tell that 95% of the budget they had for both first and second season was used for this ep, considering how incredibly bad everything has been up to this point. And what better way to end an entire series than a dildo floating through space...
TadloS said:
Well since a drunken back-tied monkey on crack locked in a dark room hanging upside down from the ceiling could have done a better job than the producers of the first season, I'm not too surprised that they managed to make it better, even if not by a lot. If they had managed to make it worse however then I would praise them for being the worst producers to ever see the light of the sun.

Overall this season was not as bad as the first one, but it still wasn't any good. One not half bad ep doesn't weigh up for an entire season of bad so it gets 4/10 since it needs a better score than the first S.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Dec 25, 2009 6:49 AM

Oct 2007
At least it was not too bad for an ending but it was too many plot wholes to begin with in the show. It could have done a lot of better with all the characters such as Shuri, Misao, Ania(adult), and Tokiya. Those are the only characters that still kept the show moving but it all was too late with all many screwed up they have since the first season.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 25, 2009 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:

Z wut? Rofl you still have rage in the mind about Yuka well he===> has grudge against you.
Oosran said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
mastertime said:
Indeed xD Watch 11eyes and you'll see some great anime that you never seen in your life! With Yuka being great!real trash : >
No I correct you! There that is better!

Dec 25, 2009 10:51 AM

Jun 2007
mastertime said:
You good sir wouldn't even recognize genius if it were to jump into your face. :D

Anyways here is my Ode to Asura Cryin':

Oh Asura Cryin', what a grand show you have been.
From that fateful day you first appeared on my computer screen
till this moment where I watched your last seconds elapse before my eyes.
We shared joy, laughter and sorrow and now the time has come for us to part.
You have gone to realms no man has gone before, uniting everything,
not being able to escape at the count of three, under your divine flag.

You were it, who gave us such an innovative, well thought through and creative story,
yet we were too blind to see.
You were it, who bestowed us with a decisive, strong-willed and mature protagonist,
yet we mistook him for a mere naive child.
You were it, who enriched your work by introducing yourself in a creative and extraordinary way,
yet we interpreted those as plot-holes and bad direction.

You gave us so much, yet we thanked you so little.
Oh how foolish we had been. But all that no longer is,
as now I can see these mistakes we have made.
Now I know what greatness we had spurn all this long time.

I hereby reward you with the majestic score of 10/10 oh Asura Cryin'.
(might be lowered to a 2 or 3/10 later though)
Dec 25, 2009 11:30 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:

Z wut? Rofl you still have rage in the mind about Yuka well he===> has grudge against you.
Oh yeah? Send him to me and you won't ever see him again. Or he could just abandon Yuka, and he'll be able to live a full life.
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
mastertime said:
Indeed xD Watch 11eyes and you'll see some great anime that you never seen in your life! With Yuka being great!real trash : >
No I correct you! There that is better!
11eyes, was waaaaay worse than Asura Cryin', period. The ending, of 11eyes.. Is seriously bullshit.
Dec 25, 2009 12:10 PM

Oct 2007
Mathes said:
mastertime said:
You good sir wouldn't even recognize genius if it were to jump into your face. :D

You were it, who gave us such an innovative, well thought through and creative story,
You were it, who bestowed us with a decisive, strong-willed and mature protagonist,
You were it, who enriched your work by introducing yourself in a creative and extraordinary way,

OMG, just what kind of school have you gone to, Mathes? I am fucking curious want to know :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 25, 2009 3:41 PM

Apr 2008
Oh well the ending was way better than I expected it to be.

I liked how they handled the romance in the last episode. Misao got her body back and Tomo became indecisive. Now Misao and Kanade have the same chances and as a Misao-fan I can point to the Tomoharu from the first world, who already chose Misao. :)

Overall it was a really good season. Lots of action, character development and story.

9/10
Dec 26, 2009 1:10 AM
Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Choose Misao! Do it! Nao! I demand it! щ(゚Д゚щ) BAWW Surprise, he didn't even choose one.
it really will be a surprise if he actually does chose one... o.o

lol nia, dont worry, u will be hot again after another 5 years ;p
oblivious is a bliss
Dec 26, 2009 1:44 AM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
Mathes said:
mastertime said:

OMG, just what kind of school have you gone to, Mathes? I am fucking curious want to know :D
Wow , me curious too...XD
Dec 26, 2009 2:00 AM

Apr 2008
mastertime said:

I felt kampfer ending was way way worst than this , if u think this ending was alrdy the worse i no comment

felt isn't that a bad way to end, though maybe a sad ending would make a bigger impact than a happy ending

Dec 26, 2009 2:26 AM
Jan 2009
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhh!

To ep10 (23) that was great, realy great. After it... last 3 episodes was HORRIBLE, TRASH, one of the WORST ENDING EVER!
Dec 26, 2009 12:37 PM

Jul 2008
which is a harder choice- choosing whether to save the planet, or choosing which girl to go out with? decision decisions, though i think the latter is harder
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 26, 2009 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
kage-bunshin said:
which is a harder choice- choosing whether to save the planet, or choosing which girl to go out with? decision decisions, though i think the latter is harder
Well it is.
If we put it this way, choosing not to save the world would render the question about which girl to choose unnecesary, since there wouldn't be anyone left ^^
But alas, that might be slightly uncomfortable, if the world suddenly vanishes D:
Still, choosing which girl to date is clearly the harder choice, since saving the world would be the obvious choice for any sane person.
Dec 26, 2009 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
Billbo88 said:
Well since a drunken back-tied monkey on crack locked in a dark room hanging upside down from the ceiling could have done a better job than the producers of the first season, I'm not too surprised that they managed to make it better, even if not by a lot. If they had managed to make it worse however then I would praise them for being the worst producers to ever see the light of the sun.
True that. After changing it back and forth I gave this season 3/10 and lowered the first to 2/10.

Billbo88 said:
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely
inorite

Mathes said:
mastertime said:

I salute you! o7
Dec 28, 2009 2:03 PM

Feb 2008
meh...that worked out too perfectly. why couldn't they just kill him. oh well, nothing else to say about this one really.
Dec 29, 2009 7:38 PM

Mar 2009
Great ending!! The fight was epic!! It was awesome how they merged the Asura Machina's with the Daughters. The fight could have lasted a little longer imo, but it was still good. I'm so glad Misao got to come back, but Tomo should've picked Takatsuki dammit!!!! It was awesome to see "Shuri" back in action too, when they were all fighting the other AM's it was great. Now I'm just hoping they'll release the Light Novels in the US...Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 29, 2009 8:33 PM

May 2008
Oosran said:

Lawl. But seriously, 11eyes wasn't all that bad. This was much worse.

I would have preferred Tomo ended up with Misao in the long run..seriously.

Other than that, IT'S OVER. IT'S FINALLY OVER FOR GOOD. NOW GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK, ASURA.

Dec 30, 2009 4:02 AM

Jan 2009
KayChan4U said:
Oosran said:
Lawl. But seriously, 11eyes wasn't all that bad. This was much worse.

I would have preferred Tomo ended up with Misao in the long run..seriously.

Other than that, IT'S OVER. IT'S FINALLY OVER FOR GOOD. NOW GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK, ASURA.
No but seriously, 11eyes was way worse. It contained Yuka, can't get worse than that.
Oh well, I'll just respect that there are actually people of different opinion than me ಠ_ಠ
Dec 30, 2009 6:02 PM

Apr 2009
what a good end.. this season is a good comeback to the massive failure of the first.. but i'm reluctant to give a even at least a 9.. the first half is fail, just like the first season.. lots of plotholes and this isn't like a comedy anime in which i won't care about the plot in a greater degree.. fights were spectacular but sometimes, character animations get bad.. and nia turned back to loli.. so i just give an 8.. this anime would be greatly remembered, though.. coz "Alternative" is my most favorite angela song..
Dec 30, 2009 10:23 PM

Oct 2009
argilium said:
this anime would be greatly remembered, though.. coz "Alternative" is my most favorite angela song..
My favorite song too so far among some others.

Dec 31, 2009 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
argilium said:
this anime would be greatly remembered, though.. coz "Alternative" is my most favorite angela song..
It's really good actually, along with some others : 3
Dec 31, 2009 9:27 AM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
argilium said:
try hearing the full song and it becomes more awesome than it already was for the tv size..
Dec 31, 2009 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
argilium said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
argilium said:
try hearing the full song and it becomes more awesome than it already was for the tv size..
Yup, that ones been close to the top of my list for some time now : >
Dec 31, 2009 12:12 PM

Sep 2008
wow im actually surprised how well they closed this series... even though I think it wasn't interesting at all. Anyways I liked how tomo was like "I want to save the first world" than they learn that using the igniter would erase the other worlds... kinda pointless don't ya think?

I didn't get the ending but I never was really interested enough to understand everything either.
Jan 1, 2010 10:40 PM

Sep 2009
Looks like a happy ending for just about everyone. Overall an enjoyable show...too bad the first season had to give it a bad start.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 18, 2009

55 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 11, 2009

67 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:44 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Riveiraland - Dec 16, 2009

36 by Mionyo »»
May 31, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 5 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

31 by ElusiveLight »»
May 7, 2016 4:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

38 by Ginjiro »»
Jan 13, 2015 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.