Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2009 11:47 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, they really know how to kill off characters in this show.
With the revelation of Tohru and Kagayaki, the OP seems even better than ever, even if it was obvious.

I didn't expect them to kill Naotaka; hopefully this isn't the end of him.
I loved the look in Tomo's eyes in the last parts of the episode. Wow, it just seems like a Kurokami all over again, but just a bit better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2009 12:51 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 12, 2009 2:12 AM

Oct 2009
You want to know what I did after this episode? Ran out for 5 minutes into the nearest forest with the rifle, yelled out so loud in French the equivalent of damn you with other things and in the end calmed down. I don't think I got angry as much as this. At the end I was thinking this is just anime but it is emotional as a result. Here is why: First Yukari is gone and I took a liking to her a lot because of Shuri's story in the first season and their lives before Yukari became a burial doll so Shirogane is gone also
Next Naotaka is dead along with a beautiful mature future Takatsuki and of all Naotaka being shot by who I felt pity with Tohru earlier in this season,what a traitor he turned out
Then there is who knows Shuri being most likely dead also who was a great character in both seasons with her jokes and fights...might not be around anymore
This all shocking and condensed in this episode from someone being a traitor to even Tooru being naked at one point and seeing some skin of future Takatsuki. The only good thing is all this sequence and part that is this:
and that would be great action and effects.Who knew Picasso mask would be Tooru and koala person turning 180 degrees into a bad guy who shot Naotaka. Yeah, also there was some tears going around. What else would you expect from someone that many of his favorite characters are gone for good from this serie. On top of that koala person is now a Asura Cryin so things will get complicated. I forgot to mention at the beginning Haruna, Rika and Mahiwa are all hurt because Picasso mask cut the ropes that blow up. I only see now a end where Natsume might lose a lot. Let's hope it will not be Misao nor Takatsuki in the present.
HawthorneKitty said:
the OP seems even better than ever, even if it was obvious.

Yeah I noticed OP different also. More effects...is that so?
francismeunierNov 12, 2009 2:23 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 12, 2009 8:22 AM

Jul 2007
This episode was...wow I need to breath again. I think i stopped when everything started going down. OMG. LoL
Nov 12, 2009 1:44 PM
Apr 2009
woh, i mean wow.
what a mega huge turn of the plot !
Nov 12, 2009 1:52 PM
Apr 2009
& seems like next episode will be in another world where there's monsters O_o
lets kill more characters !
Nov 12, 2009 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
It seems like they went over the top in this episode, and despite killing the majority of the good/neutral aligned characters - it still ended in a psudo-draw.

Seems like we'll have a Amnesia!Tomoharu next episode. Oddly enough, I think the 3rd World might actually have occured and they ended up getting thrown to it due to the space distortion.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that Takatsuki will end up dying in a couple of episodes :(
Nov 12, 2009 3:03 PM

Oct 2009
Arcadies said:
This episode was...wow I need to breath again. I think i stopped when everything started going down. OMG. LoL

Read what I did above I think it was much worse, I woke up the whole animal forest critters. XD
PhantomWings-X88 said:

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that Takatsuki will end up dying in a couple of episodes :(

Oh no! I don't want that at all. Let's hope Natsume becomes a contractor with her before that happens. Actually a lot I did not even want in this episode.

Nov 12, 2009 4:04 PM

Sep 2009
Wow...this is the best episode so far for me. Quite a bit happened. Natsume needs to go ahead and make that contract and get some revenge or something.

I actually want to see the next episode right away....I didn't feel like this last season.
Nov 12, 2009 5:42 PM

Feb 2008
They have to pay big to become contractor with akuma, the memory of the person he loves much, don't think that will even happend. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 12, 2009 6:02 PM

Feb 2009
Damn...

A LOT better than the first season, although answers I wanted from the first haven't come yet (and probably won't) the Plot of this season really makes up for it.

I'm actually looking forward to each episode ;P
Nov 12, 2009 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
wow so many deaths, i saw the ex handler being the picasso masks, but never thought the shut in would be the the world destroying type
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 12, 2009 9:03 PM

May 2009
Intense episode.
I was thinking Tomoharu was gonna become an Asura Cryin' as well...

I thought Tomo looked cool in this scene.
Nov 12, 2009 10:36 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't see Mr Kolola dude coming at all. Though I thought it was strange he was there at first... I'm really loving this season. Though Shuri/Yukari broke my heart....
No one dies in Bleach.
Scratch that, my logic fails me once again....
Nov 13, 2009 12:02 AM

Feb 2008
Can't believe it took this show 7 episodes to start getting enjoyable. Now I hope the remaining 6 episodes are like this one.
Nov 13, 2009 12:10 AM

Oct 2009
iiSatou said:
Intense episode.
I was thinking Tomoharu was gonna become an Asura Cryin' as well...

I thought Tomo looked cool in this scene.

Absolutely best of Tomoharu being serious. I would say.

Nov 13, 2009 1:34 AM

Apr 2009
now this is what i've been waiting for in this show.. this is just overwhelming.. i knew this is going to happen eventually.. the OP said it all and i'm glad they lived up to it in this ep..i should've waited for a 720p.. 3rd world, here we come..
Nov 13, 2009 1:42 AM

Aug 2009
Super intense episode, I agree if the rest of episode is like this one it'll be a blast to watch!
Nov 13, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2009
More lol wtf, awesome moments.

Fights with swords, magic, technology and tradegy.

The whole handler/why ex handlers are immune to magic because of nano machines.

I'm looking forward to when Tomo gains his "demon" powers as suggested in the opening.

Maybe it ends up being a "better" world which could make Tomo the evil guy :p
Nov 13, 2009 6:11 AM

Mar 2008
Holy Crap. That's all I can say here. Just holy crap. What the heck just happened!? Characters getting taken down left and right here. Never thought the future Tomo would be taken out like that. I mean he gets shot in the middle of his 'I'm so damn good you can't touch me' speech. What kind of person shoots someone when they are in the middle of something like that?

This second season really has gone full out. They've just killed off characters and pushed the seriousness to a much higher level.

I kind of feel for the future Tomoharu. He really tried everything he could for the sake of Misao and yet it all fell apart. Now he and the older Kanade are gone.
Nov 13, 2009 7:14 AM

Jul 2008
wow, so many deaths oO Shuri-san ;_; and mature Takatsuki, she looked so cool ;_;
I hope Tomo will finally make a contract with Kanade ._. before she dies ._. but knowing Tomo, he'll wait till last moment and still won't make a contract and Kanade'll die and Tomo'll be like 'oO wtf why did she die? T_T Takatsuki! T_T' >.>
anyway, looking forward to next ep.
Nov 13, 2009 7:27 AM

Oct 2008
I rate this ep OVER 9000!
Killing off so many characters was epic win, just like in LOGH or CG.
Unfortunately in my opinion they will be alive in, what you suppose, third world, or worse - will be brought back from dead, by space-time travel, whatever.
However, I look forward to meeting with monster, portrayed in OP, I hope it will resolve as in there.
Nov 13, 2009 7:49 AM
Apr 2008
Wow, I thought everything went way too fast & epic for me to catch up. Too many kills, too much intense. (Can I rate this episode >5 out of 5?)

Looks like now we got only 4 characters from the 2nd in the 3rd world. Does that mean the destruction of the world is reset as well?
Nov 13, 2009 8:14 AM

Aug 2009
This episode just broke my heart. T^T
Why don't Bleach kill anyone like this anime? I'm so frustrated seeing everyone survives in Bleach no matter how strong opponents are. :(
Nov 13, 2009 8:29 AM

Mar 2008
Kleeyook said:
Why don't Bleach kill anyone like this anime? I'm so frustrated seeing everyone survives in Bleach no matter how strong opponents are. :(

I have to say they really didn't hold back in this one. It's strange that although he was barely present I felt the worst for Tomoharu from the first world. Maybe it was that flashback with him and Misao, but I could understand his feelings. Just brutal how the burial doll Kanade was finished off.

Some series certainly could learn from this and not just let everyone survive. Of course overkill (no pun intended) is going too far since I just don't like seeing everyone I like in a series getting killed.
Nov 13, 2009 11:32 AM

Jun 2007
Uhm this was pretty bad, but in much more positive way then we had it up to now.
Congratulations Asura Cryin.
Nov 13, 2009 3:25 PM

Aug 2009
Wow. That was a great plot twist. I already guessed on Tohru but I never thought the President would be on the bad side.

Killing off characters: EPIC.
I didn't breathe when they started killing off. Poor Shuri and Yukari.

I love this episode, because the OP makes much more sense.
Nov 13, 2009 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
FlareKnight said:
Kleeyook said:

I have to say they really didn't hold back in this one. It's strange that although he was barely present I felt the worst for Tomoharu from the first world. Maybe it was that flashback with him and Misao, but I could understand his feelings. Just brutal how the burial doll Kanade was finished off.

Some series certainly could learn from this and not just let everyone survive. Of course overkill (no pun intended) is going too far since I just don't like seeing everyone I like in a series getting killed.

Completely agree with both of your views. I found it was also brutal the Shirogane part also. Shuri's feeling were never seen like that even. Even more how can the koala guy be scared then bang with a gun? O_o He was faking is the only reason I see.

Nov 13, 2009 4:55 PM

Feb 2008
i didn't see any of this coming, the best action twist i've ever seen
Nov 13, 2009 7:14 PM

Oct 2008
wha...a....a.... this twist!! Wow... This episode had so much happening I had my jaw dropped during the majority of this.

Also check my website for weekly anime rankings of the newly released episodes: http://roanapurblog.com
Nov 13, 2009 8:53 PM

Oct 2008
I get the things with the 1st world and the 2nd worlds (Note: parallel worlds). What I don't understand is what the Tomo from the first world is doing in the 2nd world. (From here, I'll refer to him as Naotaka) Tooru stated that his mission is to destroy the central vortex, but Naotaka never denies or confirms that it is. He merely questions why Tooru thinks that his mission is the annihilation of the central vortex. I developed an inference thinking it is Naotaka's best interest to destroy the vortex in order to save the first world. The failure of the black hole experiment resulted in the colliision or the mersion of Naotaka's world and Tomo's world. Whether the black hole is continuously destroying his world or that the incident with the black hole was a "one-time-deal" is not well known. Before I continue with my inference, I would like to raise another quesiton, "is Naotaka's world already destroyed?" Fortuna and Kurosaki explored a few remnents of the first world. Seeing how old the remnents are, I would say the world is already destroyed. If it is already destroyed, this would disprove my inference I am about to reveal.

Black holes are known to connect parallel worlds like tunnels. If the black hole that damaged Naotaka's world continues to exist, it would continue to collide and merge between the two worlds. It would be very sensible to cut off the central vortex (the object that allows space, time, and parallel worlds voyages) so that the black hole would be severed and would no longer continue to impose a threat to Naotaka's world. However, if the black hole catastrophe was a "one-time-deal" as I have mentioned earlier, I can only think that Naotaka's mission is to sever his world's connection absolutely with other parallel worlds to prevent any future black hole experiment disaster. It is reasonable to say that the inhabitants of the first world should not continue with the black hole experiment. However, my opinion on it is that after experiencing such a catastrophe, they would be afraid that another world would repeat the same mistake they have made, or else it would deteriorate the first world even further. Thus, the first world's inhabitants would be eager not to be involved with another black hole experiment they themselves or a third party will perform by destroying the central vortex, which is the object of power that allows space, time and parallel worlds travels.

I raised this subject up because this subject probably won't be discussed any further in the anime as Naotaka has been murdered.
OriginGenesisNov 13, 2009 9:13 PM

Nov 13, 2009 9:19 PM

Jun 2007
lol so the whiteish blue haired evil guy in the OP was the president XD. Was expecting something like that to happen just not in this episode.

Was definitely shocked with all the deaths though. Especially the random gun shot to future Tomo. I was like....they didn't just shoot him did they haha? O well, looks like their going Tenchi Universe on this show now and jumping to other dimensions.
Nov 13, 2009 11:13 PM

Oct 2009
OMG WHAT A TWIST!!!! Who would have expected this to happen O_O. But why did Shuri have to die too :(
Nov 14, 2009 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
Holy shit, another brilliant episode. This show really knows how to kill main characters.

And it seems in next episode Natsume and Takatsuki lost their memories. Anyway, can't wait to see grown up Nia.

Btw, 2nd season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1st season
Nov 14, 2009 7:12 AM

Jan 2009
Boom
Boom

You're foolish Takatsuki. You really are.

Wait.... wat? Tohru!?

No way, so much.. killing O.o
I'm rather strangely disturbed right now O.o

This is going haywire O.o
What the
Lolwat?
Seriously what the heck are they doing!? ¯(°_o)/¯

Oh well, on the positive: Hagane is overpowered, and even though stuff is really strange right now, this series just got more epic xD

Next episode we'll get a grown Nia? And supposedly some new cool stuff.
Oh man this just got awesome in the terms of being "lolwtf?"

And btw, I took a quick look at the votes for the 7 first episodes, and except for slight differences, this seems to be taking a turn for the better, considering that the first episode's got a ~38% at 5, while ep 7's got a whoppin ~86% xD
OosranNov 14, 2009 7:16 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2009 7:32 AM

Sep 2009
Don't want to say much. All I could say:

1. F**k. Tooru is traitor. I liked her (((
2. F**k. They killed Shuri. She was my favorite character in Asura Cryin'
3. From some moments from previous series was clear that Tomoharu from 1st world has Kanade as Burial Doll
Nov 14, 2009 9:07 PM

Nov 2007
um wtf was this? they introduced and brought back characters as fast as they could kill them? did they kill Shuri .... her sister and You and the cool tomoharu? the turns by Tooru and the president fit but then she becomes a doll? no idea what's going on but it kind of got interesting... if an ex handler could take asura machina so easily why even sacrifice her? blah confusing
Nov 15, 2009 12:22 AM
Oct 2008
Animation quality improved - -that's good. On another hand, amount of plot holes are amusing. So they think that they can kill off few characters and label others as traitors and somehow this will improve show? Bullshit.
Nov 15, 2009 4:39 AM

Feb 2009
...*facepalm*
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Nov 15, 2009 6:53 AM

Sep 2008
ha ha ha bullshit... *stupid Kirion*

I like S2 how they follow light novel... S1 just full with filler anyway... I like how they make S2 fast pace plot... Even lack some detail and story like light novel so far is sooo good and awesome...

For light novel reader... S2 Asura Cryin is much better adaption than Bakemonogatari and Seitokai no Ichizon... yeah that only my opinion though and i need start reading Seiken no Blacksmith light novel after this...
Nov 15, 2009 8:23 AM

Aug 2009
awesome episode, lots of emotion >.<

I hate it when they killed off shurogane and naotaka, me favorites. T.T, they killed so many cool Asura Machinas and handlers its crazy how their going to continue. They had so many goals and now their dead
Nov 16, 2009 12:50 AM

Aug 2009
It was pretty cool episode but I have no idea whats going on and why the good guys suddenly switch sides. Anyone like to explain to me wtf happened?
Nov 16, 2009 2:01 AM

Sep 2009
Easy ). If you remember 2nd episode, Tooru had older sister Aki and Science Club president was in love with her. But she became Buriall Doll and later died. Probably they bith became crazy becauuse of this and want to create 3rd World to ressurect jher. Actually motives are the same as Katakagari in 1st season have but situation is more complicated
Nov 17, 2009 1:16 AM
Nov 2009
It's like Asura Modern Cryin' Warfare 2! Guns beating around!!! Explosions!!! People dying!!! Just like my..... no, it's JUST LIKE EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE GAME!!! MODERN WARFARE 2 IS OUT!
Nov 17, 2009 4:12 AM

Jan 2009
Meyers07 said:
It's like Asura Modern Cryin' Warfare 2! Guns beating around!!! Explosions!!! People dying!!! Just like my..... no, it's JUST LIKE EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE GAME!!! MODERN WARFARE 2 IS OUT!

Although CoD ain't that good >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 18, 2009 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
OriginGenesis said:
I get the things with the 1st world and the 2nd worlds (Note: parallel worlds). What I don't understand is what the Tomo from the first world is doing in the 2nd world. (From here, I'll refer to him as Naotaka) Tooru stated that his mission is to destroy the central vortex, but Naotaka never denies or confirms that it is.
I think his mission was more to change the history and I figured out that it would be to have Natsume never get his hands on the trunk of Hagane. I think that somehow this was done before even Naotaka would do it...because Natsume I think would have gotten Hagane with Takatsuki as a burial doll to get Hagane's power like Naotaka had. What I don't get it how can 2 Takatsuki's exist at the same time? Thing is as soon as the one who caused the plane crash did (Looking at president Kagayaki here) Natsume was to be dead/Misao alive when both were supposed to be alive. I also think 1 world=future world and world 2 is present the third is a mix of both....chaos maybe.
OriginGenesis said:
He merely questions why Tooru thinks that his mission is the annihilation of the central vortex. I developed an inference thinking it is Naotaka's best interest to destroy the vortex in order to save the first world. The failure of the black hole experiment resulted in the colliision or the mersion of Naotaka's world and Tomo's world.
The best would have been to never have that trunk around of Hagane so he would not exist at all and destroy all that will lead to the black hole...this reminds me of that movie Terminator somehow.
OriginGenesis said:
Whether the black hole is continuously destroying his world or that the incident with the black hole was a "one-time-deal" is not well known. Before I continue with my inference, I would like to raise another quesiton, "is Naotaka's world already destroyed?"
It is well known with that flashback...shows town destroyed and hole consuming the rest continuously...I would think.
OriginGenesis said:
Fortuna and Kurosaki explored a few remnents of the first world. Seeing how old the remnents are, I would say the world is already destroyed. If it is already destroyed, this would disprove my inference I am about to reveal.

It might be something sent from the future to the past to give clues...I could be wrong and mixed myself but it's what I am thinking.
OriginGenesis said:
Black holes are known to connect parallel worlds like tunnels. If the black hole that damaged Naotaka's world continues to exist, it would continue to collide and merge between the two worlds. It would be very sensible to cut off the central vortex (the object that allows space, time, and parallel worlds voyages) so that the black hole would be severed and would no longer continue to impose a threat to Naotaka's world.

I agree with that the central vortex thing because someone could have it open constantly so the black hole can go through it but maybe in the future the vortex cannot be closed at all...destroying it would be the only option.
OriginGenesis said:
However, if the black hole catastrophe was a "one-time-deal" as I have mentioned earlier, I can only think that Naotaka's mission is to sever his world's connection absolutely with other parallel worlds to prevent any future black hole experiment disaster.

I don't think it is a one time deal....it still exists very much so, I might fear that it was what made the Machina's exist in the present even...many trunks from the future came into present...people started to make deals to get the robot with burial doll as deal. I think all this is from future.
OriginGenesis said:
It is reasonable to say that the inhabitants of the first world should not continue with the black hole experiment. However, my opinion on it is that after experiencing such a catastrophe, they would be afraid that another world would repeat the same mistake they have made, or else it would deteriorate the first world even further.

I think it was more to stop the past of world 1 to start all this...think Terminator movie.
OriginGenesis said:
Thus, the first world's inhabitants would be eager not to be involved with another black hole experiment they themselves or a third party will perform by destroying the central vortex, which is the object of power that allows space, time and parallel worlds travels.

I raised this subject up because this subject probably won't be discussed any further in the anime as Naotaka has been murdered.

I don't get this last comment but I do think that president wants the queen of his world as a person he loved to be saved in the past...the name Aki looks to me the one from Toru's sister that is dead. The only way to prevent that might be in tonight's episode of preventing what killed her so that president does not have any problem with his love life and Aki is still alive.

Nov 19, 2009 1:53 AM
Oct 2008
uis said:
ha ha ha bullshit... *stupid Kirion*

I like S2 how they follow light novel... S1 just full with filler anyway... I like how they make S2 fast pace plot... Even lack some detail and story like light novel so far is sooo good and awesome...

For light novel reader... S2 Asura Cryin is much better adaption than Bakemonogatari and Seitokai no Ichizon... yeah that only my opinion though and i need start reading Seiken no Blacksmith light novel after this...

That just makes novel full of shit too. And don't even try to compare this to masterpiece Bakemonogotari.
Nov 19, 2009 7:24 AM
Feb 2009
Phoenix012 said:
OMg lol so much dying was epic haha XD.....
lol so many people died that there r actually tears in my eyes... due to laughing XD... ahem... ok seriously kirion has a point about plot hole, i feel the producer just throw in everything they come up with in last second (huh? they actually following the light novel?! o.o); but it is thousand times better than fillers, n they did a good job for dare to kill off the characters... so i enjoyed it just like how i enjoyed needless ;p
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 19, 2009 11:39 PM

May 2009
OMFG what a twist!
If you turn your head you miss a kill xD
I really really liked this, now I'm starting to love it, let's see how it continues
Nov 20, 2009 4:58 AM

May 2008
Wow, they really know how to kill off characters in this show.
With the revelation of Tohru and Kagayaki, the OP seems even better than ever, even if it was obvious.

I didn't expect them to kill Naotaka; hopefully this isn't the end of him.
I loved the look in Tomo's eyes in the last parts of the episode. Wow, it just seems like a Kurokami all over again, but just a bit better.
and the president a traitor... and please kanade Fuck off, tomo is for misao dam it !!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Dec 23, 2009

84 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Nov 18, 2009

55 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 11, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Riveiraland - Dec 16, 2009

36 by Mionyo »»
May 31, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 5 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Oct 28, 2009

31 by ElusiveLight »»
May 7, 2016 4:21 PM

Poll: » Asura Cryin' 2 Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

38 by Ginjiro »»
Jan 13, 2015 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.