Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ougi is back~

Really loved the word play with the countdown involving Hanezawa. I found that well crafted. Also, Araragi discovers more about Oikura which isn't pretty for the truth. Just loved the way the dialogues and overall imagery was portrayed with the background storytelling.

It looks like Oikura is able to somehow forgive Araragi. Ougi's role in this was still mysterious but welcoming, nice episode overall~
Nov 7, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2011
I was so waiting for the countdown scene and the hint scene to be adapted, and it was perfectly done.
Perfect episode.
Zetsubo22Nov 7, 2015 8:12 AM
Nov 7, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2013
well, it was a well episode.
not bad but not that great.
Nov 7, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode as usual, but now the 7 day wait begins :(

Nov 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Feb 2013
It was nice to see Hanekawa's striped hair again. (Though I thought she dyed her hair? How does that just come off by a quick shower?)

Ougi is as ominous as always lol
Nov 7, 2015 9:22 AM
Jun 2015
Surprisingly heartwarming conclusion to this arc. Really like the way that last scene was done.
Nov 7, 2015 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
YES finally a GREAT FUCK YOU to Hanekawa!!!!

Now on to my rant/review or w.e u wanna call it. In terms of the story and animation this has been the best episode in this series. Seems like the animation and movement had been elevated to another degree. There was a lot of odd movement like classic gatari days. I was beginning to get nervous that the story was going to be carrying the anime but this episode was great. Not to say the others weren't but this one takes the cake. The art looks a bit more colorful and crisp. And the Hanekawa scene was done very well. As well as the hint scenes. This type of audio direction is something i love from shaft studio and why it works soooo fucking well with this scene. Im guessing based on just a hypothesis that during the first couple episodes the staff was probably working on a project so the effort towards gatari was split up but now they are back to working fully on gatari. I could be completely wrong but the effort in terms of animation and art in this episode wants to prove me otherwise. No need for theories on to the episode.

Im glad this is an Ougi episode, it begins more of the creepiness and trippiness. All her advancements are done so calculated and she isnt afraid to call out Sodachi on being crazy. The use of a thunder round type of hinting system really did get my heart pumping full of excitement like what could it have been? Its rare seeing suspense being built one by one, succession after succession, and still work in such a way it did in this story. The conclusion of those hints tho were somewhat a given but its Nisio after all and he loves to build up something absolutely crazy in order to leave it anticlimactic but yet chilling. Basically its the answer you know but the answer you don't want. However there was a bit of a spin to it which made it all the more creepy. Araragis scream was sooo damn good it stopped the entire hints in its track and I felt so much emotion from it. The bits of philosophy from Ararararagi is surely great. Sodachi is soo beautiful man it sucks to see her having to deal with all this but im glad she can somewhat move past it. Overall she was fleshed out as a character so well. When is the last time You've seen a new character get developed so well from start to finish. Having her leave is good for now so dont worry (i wont spoil anything so lets leave it at that). Hitagi is such a character lol those text were soo cute it almost made you forget how much of a couple they really are.

FYI the scene with Arararagi and Ougi towards the end is important just because you dont understand it dont dismiss it. And those who get it will enjoy it.

Now to discuss the overall impact of these 6 episodes, while they are 3 different arcs they seem to have connected every step of the way. Some might say having her leave would just omit this arc as a filler. However lets be honest here the presences of Sodachi brought something important to this series. A BACKSTORY and DEVELOPMENT for the one character who barely had any, or as much as the other girls. Arararagi finally gotten a backstory which lets us inside the world and mind of Arararagi. Essentially we get what Arararagi was before all this. Besides Kizu this is the most we have gotten thus far. I could repeat what ive say and summarize everything but u can see my older episode rants for that.

In all sense of purposes Ougi Formula Sodachi Riddle Sodachi Lost was done expetionally well with this episode being the best/peak thus far. For these episode i will give a 10/10. If the next arc can finish it off without any plunders this might top Monogatari Second Season.

ON TO MY WAIFU SHINOBU NEXT WEEK!!!!
Nov 7, 2015 9:37 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
OMG, that countdown scene might be my favorite thing from Monogatari!!!! Then came the hint scene which was icing on the cake!

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerNov 7, 2015 12:17 PM
Nov 7, 2015 9:51 AM
Apr 2015
6 more episodes left and we still have two more volumes to go. Perhaps they will skip Shinobu mail and just focus on Ougi's identity?

Goddamnit, why is it just 12 episodes.

unless they do more than 24 minutes on some episodes. I'm not really sure they can fit the other two volumes if they don't do this.
YhneiilNov 7, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 7, 2015 10:05 AM

Jan 2015
I hope that we'll see Oikura in future. She is such a great character.
Oh and the mother thing was a bit surreal. Well, I'm watching an anime.
Nov 7, 2015 10:07 AM

Apr 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
OMG, that countdown scene might be my favorite thing from Monogatari!!!!

5/5

+1
Yhneiil said:
6 more episodes left and we still have two more volumes to go. Perhaps they will skip Shinobu mail and just focus on Ougi's identity?

Goddamnit, why is it just 12 episodes.

unless they do more than 24 minutes on some episodes. I'm not really sure they can fit the other two volumes if they don't do this.

If you check the episode list Shinobu mail will be divided into six parts so we aren't going to know Ougi's true identity in this season.
Anyway, it's fun to see Ougi making fun of Hanekawa. I can't stop laughing when I heard all those insults.
Nov 7, 2015 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
ok, now I want to know what was written in the letter. Spoiler anyone? (With spoiler tag ofcourse)
Nov 7, 2015 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
illivinni said:
ok, now I want to know what was written in the letter. Spoiler anyone? (With spoiler tag ofcourse)

Yeah, I'm also curious.
Nov 7, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
illivinni said:

Nov 7, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
illivinni said:
Xenocrisi said:
illivinni said:

Yeah, I'm also curious.
Lol some might of thought it was a stylistic move by shaft but nah the novel doesn't have anything bout it either.

However just know it was a positive one.
Nov 7, 2015 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
Araragi saves yet another troubled girl... Yay.

Not really a fan of this missing mother arc. I barely know who Oikura is, so I didn't really feel anything for the mother despite the melancholic music playing in the background.

Nice ending. Alright episode.

4/5
Nov 7, 2015 10:21 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ougi sure took all her anger out on Hanekawa in a very passive aggressive tone. Her derisive laugh is simply the best. "Ahaha.. Ahaha."

Sasuga Hanekawa, counteracted Ougi's insult just as neatly and it didn't even take her a full 10 seconds. Water therapy always works!

Normally, one would expect Araragi to stay quiet about the horrible truth, but it was nice seeing him deciding to tell Oikura about it after all; both for his sake of repaying her with something, although ingratitude in return of kindness and for her sake so she can finally "move on."

Senjougahara's texts were so cute and funny! I look forward to the date in the second cour. :3

Xenocrisi said:
I hope that we'll see Oikura in future. She is such a great character.

She'll reappear in Zokuowarimonogatari, and certain to look twice as charming.

Shinobu Mail HYPE!

Nov 7, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Best episode of this Monogatari season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 7, 2015 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
Btw can someone tell me which arcs still have to be adapted? The titles of the arcs.
Nov 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2011

Wtf?
Nov 7, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
Just Amazing! How can this series be so damn good?!?!

All that Ougi man! She's just too much! The way she just appeared right at the start of the ep already knowing the solution to the mystery and the way she was showing her disapproval of Koyomi's decision choosing Tsubasa for her oppai and all that shit talking toward Tsubasa. DAMN!! So jelly :P XD I love her so much <3

Tsubasa's striped hair thinking mode was awesome too! Especially loved her reaction to realizing how twisted Ougi is for thinking about that as her first choice.

The "Hints" scene was so damn epic! Esp how at the end they just kept going and going and going. Holy Shit...

I suspected as much with her mom being dead but for her to have just been left until complete decomposition O_o DAMN! The foreshadowing with the evaporating water rant was nice.

The end was really heartwarming with Oikura just settling all her loose ends. I've really come to love her quite a bit after these last couple of eps. Great character. I assume we will see her again.

Well, great arc. The mix of Ougi's creepiness, Oikura's insanity at some parts (The VAing for both these 2 was friggin amazing) and Tsubasa mixed in made it a top notch arc.

And while I loved everything about this ep esp the Ougi stuff, Hitagi took the cake with her messages XD "KoyoKoyo I'm addicted to ur french kisses" GODDAMN LUCKY BASTARD!!!!

I really do wonder what was written at the end tho ^^; I don't think it was blank since Koyomi wasn't a disappointment this time.

One more thing...the OST this ep was stellar.
Nov 7, 2015 10:39 AM
May 2015
sorry if if this has already been answered, but I did not read all comments to avoid potential spoilers.

Anyways I'm seeing some people writing things like "6 episodes left" "7 day wait begins", and I'm starting to wonder if this was infact not the last episode of owarimonogatari? or am I just misunderstanding and when they say those things, they are talking about other upcoming monogatari series?

tl:dr Was episode 6 the last episode of owarimonogatari?
Nov 7, 2015 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
typical shaft error that will probably be fixed in the BDs

lol where were u pre 2011 when everything was fucked in the TV version
Nov 7, 2015 10:42 AM

Aug 2015
I thought the music was really good.
Nov 7, 2015 10:44 AM

Jul 2013
Nice conclusion for Oikura's arc. Like I said in previous posts, I love Ougi more and more in each episode episode, and in this I found her actually very cute. Loved her passive-agressive treatment on Hanekawa and how she says idiot to Araragi in that calm tone. Hanekawa, however, is not far behind and quickly understands the words of Ougi about Oikura's mother. That moment when they are saying the clues to Araragi was actually pretty intense.

I felt really bad for Oikura at the end. Caring for a corpse during years (and especially if is the corpse of your mother) without noticing it and that someone tells you that about it must be hard. Loved how Araragi decides to confront her an tell her the truth. The moment when she left the city made me sad. She has only appeared for 5 episodes, but I liked her. Hope that she returns some day.

But before depart of the city, she left a packet to Araragi like she does years ago. And see that Araragi laughs at see them makes me happy and intrigued. I think that they will leave the content of the packet to the imagination of the viewers.

Senjougahara's mails are very cute. Lucky Araragi for having her as a boyfriend. Btw, the moment when Ougi was riding the bike was a bit suspicious.

Also, hooray for Tsukihi and Karen's cameos.
Nov 7, 2015 10:45 AM
Oct 2015
justtocomment said:
sorry if if this has already been answered, but I did not read all comments to avoid potential spoilers.

Anyways I'm seeing some people writing things like "6 episodes left" "7 day wait begins", and I'm starting to wonder if this was infact not the last episode of owarimonogatari? or am I just misunderstanding and when they say those things, they are talking about other upcoming monogatari series?

tl:dr Was episode 6 the last episode of owarimonogatari?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31181/Owarimonogatari/episode

12 episodes airing but one arc left.

moodie said:

FYI the scene with Arararagi and Ougi towards the end is important just because you dont understand it dont dismiss it. And those who get it will enjoy it.
!!

Rewatched it but still don't get it. Can someone explain me?
Edit:Got it.
LuitgerNov 7, 2015 10:54 AM
Nov 7, 2015 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
The countdown scene was awesome as always.
Nov 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Oct 2011
moodie said:
typical shaft error that will probably be fixed in the BDs

lol where were u pre 2011 when everything was fucked in the TV version

Watching other anime? I don't follow the BDs mate.
Nov 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
This episode consisted of dialogue, much like practically every other Monogatari episode. As always, the dialogue was nothing special, consisting mainly of exposition, as well as the characters talking about their motivations, discussing what to do next, and then doing so.

All in all, standard Monogatari fare.

The countdown scene also went on for far too long.

2/5

Nov 7, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
awesome arc and pretty dark compared for the rest of monogatari so i really loved it + the soundtrack for this ep was great
Nov 7, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2011
Intonsum said:
Wait wait wait...
How Oikura's mother's corpse disappeared from the room? And what was with that countdown? How Hanekawa proved her position?

Garbage was piled up in her room. The garbage men took all the garbage (including her corpse) and threw it away.

The countdown was the hints they gave to Araragi to solve the mystery.

By thinking.
Nov 7, 2015 10:56 AM

May 2013
Nice way to end this arc (though I'm kinda underwhelmed because I expected more oh welp). Its nice to see Sodachi smiling genuinely and dat piano version of the first opening, wow.

The Hitagi texts was so lol (koyokyo and french kisses LOL) I'm guessing that the letter was about a insult and a thanks too.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 7, 2015 11:05 AM
Mar 2014
Yeah, Sodachi Lost has got to be my favourite thing NisiOisiN has written. Wish he did serious stuff more often.

Again, a character manages to phrase it best:
vegetablespiritNov 7, 2015 11:13 AM
Nov 7, 2015 11:11 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Btw can someone tell me which arcs still have to be adapted? The titles of the arcs.

The next arc will be Shinobu Mail, and that'll be the end of the first cour. Second cour will adapt the following:

- Mayoi Hell
- Hitagi Rendezvous
- Ougi Dark

But before the second cour, SHAFT is most likely to release Koyomimonogatari, which consists of twelve short stories ranging from Kizu to Hana, titled as:
- Koyomi Stone
- Koyomi Flower
- Koyomi Sand
- Koyomi Water
- Koyomi Wind
- Koyomi Tree
- Koyomi Tea
- Koyomi Mountain
- Koyomi Torus
- Koyomi Seed
- Koyomi Nothing
- Koyomi Dead

Zokuowarimonogatari consists of only one arc, Koyomi Reverse; which I believe will span for 4-5 episodes in its eventual adaptation.

Nov 7, 2015 11:15 AM
Mar 2014
Vindstot said:
But before the second cour, SHAFT is most likely to release Koyomimonogatari, which consists of twelve short stories ranging from Kizu to Hana, titled as:
- Koyomi Stone
- Koyomi Flower
- Koyomi Sand
- Koyomi Water
- Koyomi Wind
- Koyomi Tree
- Koyomi Tea
- Koyomi Mountain
- Koyomi Torus
- Koyomi Seed
- Koyomi Nothing
- Koyomi Dead

Do you think Koyomimonogatari will be formatted as a 1-cour series, each story getting its own episode?
Nov 7, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Loved this arc, I have no other words to express it.
Nov 7, 2015 11:37 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Max said:
Vindstot said:

Do you think Koyomimonogatari will be formatted as a 1-cour series, each story getting its own episode?

Yeah, a single-cour with one story per episode should suffice for Koyomimonogatari. But since this novel is formatted in a rather diverse fashion, the producers and directors are still discussing as to how they'd release it. There's a chance that they might split it into OVA specials or short TV series like Hana or Tsuki, but I doubt that.
VindstotNov 7, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 7, 2015 11:51 AM

May 2012
JPthugnificent said:
It was nice to see Hanekawa's striped hair again. (Though I thought she dyed her hair? How does that just come off by a quick shower?)

Ougi is as ominous as always lol

If I remember correctly. The white stripes always comes back in the morning so she has to wake up and dye it again.

Great episode to end the arc. Man kind of felt sad when they said what happened to her mother. When Hanekawa turn her hair white. Dat hint scene was also crazy. Senjougahara with the lots of french kisses.

Once again another great arc from the monogatari series. I can't wait for the next arc.

Also I wonder what was written on the paper. Maybe it was something like you pass. Or the answer to a math problem they bought up some time ago. The world will never know.
Nov 7, 2015 12:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Intense episode this one. Oikura has led one incredibly sad life.

I do not understand why Hanekawa and Araragi take so much crap from Ougi. If that had been Senjougahara instead of Hanekawa, she might have exercised her right hook like she did with Oikura.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2015 12:09 PM

May 2015
I started off this arc hating Oikura, but now I feel really sorry for her...

In all honesty, for meta reasons I cannot see why Nisio Isin would use an arc this late into the series to introduce a completely new character instead of giving a previously established one some more development. And now it looks like she's going to leave as soon as she came in, which means that it was pretty pointless to have her in there at all. She could have just been a flashback character honestly.

Senjougahara seemed way too smug at the end. I mean seriously, you made her stay home from school for two days and you're bragging that you could forgive her? Does it kill you to maybe at least acknowledge you might have gone a bit too far?

Whatever, still a 10/10 show. The focus on Hanekawa is nice too.
Nov 7, 2015 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
What an amazing arc this was! And a perfect ending to top it all off. I'm happy.
Nov 7, 2015 12:31 PM

Nov 2014
Pretty awesome, loved how it ended
Hi there
Nov 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2015
Great end for this arc. Monogatari never disappoints. Loved that countdown scene. Been waiting for it. They did a great job with it specially with that urgent feel it had as they pieced the hints together and came to the realization.
Nov 7, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2015
typical monogatari saves the week
and ougi spoiling herself
Nov 7, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
Vindstot said:
Xenocrisi said:

The next arc will be Shinobu Mail, and that'll be the end of the first cour. Second cour will adapt the following:

- Mayoi Hell
- Hitagi Rendezvous
- Ougi Dark

- Koyomi Stone
- Koyomi Flower
- Koyomi Sand
- Koyomi Water
- Koyomi Wind
- Koyomi Tree
- Koyomi Tea
- Koyomi Mountain
- Koyomi Torus
- Koyomi Seed
- Koyomi Nothing
- Koyomi Dead

Zokuowarimonogatari consists of only one arc, Koyomi Reverse; which I believe will span for 4-5 episodes in its eventual adaptation.

Thank you. Very helpful :O
Nov 7, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
Lmao...Dat ending...Fuck you Araragi...

Nov 7, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
Nice end to this arc, I wish we could find out what was written on the note but I guess it's one of those things that they let the viewers interpret for themselves. Can't wait for the next arc.

Also, Senjougahara's text messages were pretty funny lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 7, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Am I the only one kinda disappointed that Oikura just left like that and will probably never show up again? It's a shame we won't get to see any more of her now, but I guess that's how it goes. Well, at least Araragi told her the truth about her mother rather than keeping it secret; doing that like Hanekawa had suggested would not have helped Oikura move on in life at all, so she needed to know. Also, not telling us what was in that letter at the end feels like a massive middle finger moment really. To say it pissed me off is putting it lightly.

Still, this was definitely an excellent arc and almost certainly my favourite so far of the whole Monogatari series. If only Nisio Isin did more serious content...
Nov 7, 2015 1:14 PM

Jun 2015
Ougi is kinda fucked up .( Hanekawa too , if you consider that she only needed 10 seconds to come to the same conclusion)
Nov 7, 2015 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
moodie said:
YES finally a GREAT FUCK YOU to Hanekawa!!!!

Barion-Zara said:
Just Amazing! How can this series be so damn good?!?!

All that Ougi man! She's just too much! The way she just appeared right at the start of the ep already knowing the solution to the mystery and the way she was showing her disapproval of Koyomi's decision choosing Tsubasa for her oppai and all that shit talking toward Tsubasa. DAMN!! So jelly :P XD I love her so much <3
Max said:
Yeah, Sodachi Lost has got to be my favourite thing NisiOisiN has written. Wish he did serious stuff more often.

Again, a character manages to phrase it best:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CimH2gsl.png[/img

mah niggas
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

171 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.