Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Full Metal Panic!' Animated Series Announced

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 25, 2015 4:09 AM

Oct 2014
I think its time that i watch the original full metal panic anime, been on my backlog for a long time
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Oct 25, 2015 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
Great news! I can't wait.
Oct 25, 2015 8:00 AM
Apr 2014
I feel better now
Oct 25, 2015 8:14 AM

Jul 2008
Good stuff, hope it's better than the predecessor :D
Oct 25, 2015 11:32 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Holy shit. This'll be interesting. Whether this will be a hit or miss will largely depend on which studio gets the job.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 25, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2009
Oh goodie...the latest from mediocre franchises that won't go away. What the hell else could FMP possibility have to say!?
Oct 25, 2015 12:14 PM

Feb 2015
Colonelfancy said:
Oh goodie...the latest from mediocre franchises that won't go away. What the hell else could FMP possibility have to say!?

You seem to be in the minority and from someone who watches Pokemon your post is quite ironic.
CrashmattOct 25, 2015 12:19 PM
Oct 25, 2015 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
I hardly remember anything of the series though.
I can only remember mechs and a tsundere hitting the MC with a paper fan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2015 12:36 PM
Jul 2014
If it's a sequel hope is better than the second raid, cause that sequel really disappointed me :(
Oct 25, 2015 1:01 PM

Oct 2008
Can you believe it? This got announced as I was just in the middle of re-watching all the seasons!

Honestly speaking, FMP to me was a stellar series that flawlessly integrated high school comedy with serious mecha action. While detractors cite the "mood whiplash" as a complaint, I attest that the juxtaposition of the two scenarios is the series' charm that works to its benefit. By allowing us to grow attached to the endearing characters through the comedy, the serious parts leave an even stronger impact.

The mechas are some of the best designed ones that I've seen to-date that work exceedingly well in combat. I would argue that their realistic, real-robot humanoid designs just add to the wonder and visual spectacle of the rather super-robot-esque reality defying abilities.

All in all, I cannot wait to see the continuation of the story that I've been waiting for years for. TSR left on an excellent note, but I think it's high time the song be finished.
Oct 25, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 2010
T-M OVA 4. LOGH reboot. FMA series 3. The resurrections continue.
Oct 25, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2009
AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. AFTER ALL THESE FUCKING YEARS... MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED.

I'M SQEUALING LIKE A GIRL NOW.

CAPS LOCK FOR ZERO FUCKS GIVEN
Oct 25, 2015 2:16 PM
Jul 2015
WHAT!? I CAN'T EVEN MDIAHDU(DWBFFVW(FWFUWOWdbfioDw8rwe3rnf4e8onbvc8j5

But seriously, I was really into Full Metal Panic way back in the day. I even read all the light novels, manga and watched every episode of ever anime adaptation. I hope they bring back all the original seiyuus/voice actors.

I can't wait!
Oct 25, 2015 3:18 PM

Feb 2008
Finally! Now the wait (..) for some good news concerning staff and studio/budget...
Oct 25, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2015
Holy hole in a donut, Batman!
I was waiting for this for years, now if only we could get a second comedy series in the style of Fumoffu and i would be in heaven.
Oct 25, 2015 3:55 PM

Nov 2013
Good, if it's a new season, they will adapt my fav arcs from the novel. Also more Sousuke is always good.
Oct 25, 2015 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
YEAAAAAAHHHHH. I'm looking forward it!
Oct 25, 2015 7:26 PM

Mar 2014
I CANT WAIT ITS ABOUT TIME OMFG!
Oct 25, 2015 8:41 PM

Nov 2012
If it's a sequel, I hope they cover everything and keep the ending the same as the manga
Oct 25, 2015 9:50 PM

Dec 2007
This is actually happening? I don't even know how to feel about this since I've had the mindset of this never happening. I like this. I like this a lot.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Oct 26, 2015 6:55 AM

Sep 2011
Is this Real Life? Or Is this Just Fantasy??

Dunno what's people so excited about. Saw the first series. Pretty mediocre. Cute Tessa, but it's not like this is a LOGH remake or something.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 26, 2015 7:25 AM
Oct 2012
GodlyKyon said:

Dunno what's people so excited about. Saw the first series. Pretty mediocre. Cute Tessa, but it's not like this is a LOGH remake or something.

There's your problem. Watch Fumoffu and TSR. Gonzo did a good job imo, but KyoAni's stuff blows it out of the water.
Oct 26, 2015 7:45 AM

Apr 2014
GodlyKyon said:

considering logh is shit

this is why ppl are excited
Oct 26, 2015 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
moodie said:
GodlyKyon said:

considering logh is shit

this is why ppl are excited

Eh.

I'm watching LOGH right now and it's alright. It's more realistic than most Anime I'll give them that. But the lack of background music, the gap in between dialogues, the slow pacing just makes it much harder to enjoy than most modern shows. I liked how down to earth Yang is though. Really chill guy.

Nothing really special about FMP imo besides the fact it was a KyoAni mecha.

I'm assuming it won't be another comedy series if it gets a sequel? IDK.

Calculus94 said:
GodlyKyon said:

There's your problem. Watch Fumoffu and TSR. Gonzo did a good job imo, but KyoAni's stuff blows it out of the water.

Don't have to patience to sit through it. TSR bored me to death the first episode and Fumoffu I'm just not in the mood for.

Just looking at the plot though: It is a mediocre maybe above average mecha series. What's to get excited about?
Oct 26, 2015 12:16 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, didnt expect that, definitely will watch it
Oct 26, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2011
Yoooo it's here! I must finish up the prequels! I remember liking this series a lot but I don't know why I stopped back then.. Time to resume!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 26, 2015 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
GodlyKyon said:

Well the first season isnt the part people like, but its more because of how no one expected it to actually happen despite being teased for it all the time. its kind of like shenmue 3 with how everyone knew it was a thing but gae up any hope of it every becoming reality. The quality of the 2 have nothing to do with eachother but having to sit on an unfinished story for 10 + years caused more rejoice when its continued than something like LOTGH remake which is already completed and generally no one was really asking for a remake (still appreciated that it is happening)

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 26, 2015 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
Wow one of my earliest animes watched. Think I skipped the sidestory. After seeing Fumoffu clone in Amaburi, not so sure I want to try that. I prefer the mecha plot as main with side comedy. Think I'll finish all the FMP extras while waiting. Hopefully it's Sunrise, Xebec, or sanzigen (cg part). 8bit's starting to have quality mechs. Satelight's very experienced though their mechs are always a bit wonky.
Oct 26, 2015 2:34 PM

Mar 2010
Nice!
Oct 26, 2015 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
JizzyHitler said:
GodlyKyon said:

Well the first season isnt the part people like, but its more because of how no one expected it to actually happen despite being teased for it all the time. its kind of like shenmue 3 with how everyone knew it was a thing but gae up any hope of it every becoming reality. The quality of the 2 have nothing to do with eachother but having to sit on an unfinished story for 10 + years caused more rejoice when its continued than something like LOTGH remake which is already completed and generally no one was really asking for a remake (still appreciated that it is happening)

NOW THAT IS INTERESTING. I just noticed that the announcement came out in August. I hope this becomes big and they get some good AF OST on board.

Oh ok. This is really exciting then! I definitely feel it. I'm happy for those who are waiting even though I'm not a fan of the series.

Hope following the trend, Haruhi season 3 comes out.
Oct 28, 2015 6:27 PM

Sep 2015
Yea boy! this is one of my favorite anime I will def be watching this
Oct 29, 2015 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
this does nothing for me but that's only because i only watched like half the first season a few years ago...it's hard to watch old stuff in 480p or less been meaning to get back to get it sometime since i liked the mecha aspect

still whenever this airs i'll get around to it.
Oct 29, 2015 2:26 AM

Jun 2008
Personally, I don't care if it's a remake, sequel, whatever....

Fans have been BEGGING for a new FMP anime, and after so many long years we're finally getting it.
Oct 29, 2015 5:04 PM

Sep 2014
SO HAPPY...yes I've been waiting for this for so long ^_^

Oct 29, 2015 6:16 PM

Jun 2007
Just announce S3 of Spice & Wolf and I shall believe in anime again.

This all depends on the studio adapting and where they are gonna start, though. If it's a full remake, the start of the story Gonzo covered is not great, and it's gonna be hard topping what Kyoto did with Fumoffu/TSR, as well as pointless. I probably won't watch if I have to retread so much old ground.

If they start post-TSR, tho? I read ahead in the manga, and it gets REALLY dark. Good shit.

phsg94 said:
If it's a sequel hope is better than the second raid, cause that sequel really disappointed me :(

Dafuk? TSR was an improvement over the manga, if not the LN, with the re-designs of the Chinese twins and Sagara's prostitute meltdown.
Oct 31, 2015 4:04 AM

Sep 2009
Am I dreaming!? Awesome news OMG!!
Nov 1, 2015 10:31 PM

May 2014
Sooul-Master said:
I would have preferred a complete reboot, as I have forgotten most of it by now.
Oh well, might re-watch the whole series.

yup..me too
Nov 2, 2015 1:45 AM

Oct 2015
I think I'm stoked about this mostly out of nostalgia. Hope it's a continuance of the series. Wonder if Tessa's brother will be the primary antagonist of this new series?
Nov 15, 2015 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
Well the next part of the story (after The Second Raid) is probably one of the best arcs in all of FMP. Dancing Very Merry Christmas.

For those who want more Fumoffu-style comedy, I think you might be disappointed, while there are still fun parts, big emotional parts and some truly awesome action scenes (I remember reading the light novel and being gripped by it) the story really takes off and doesn't slow down after this arc.

I heard reports that this new anime is going to cover the remaining light novels and completely finish the story. I am crossing everything that is possible to cross that this report turns out to be true. I agree the first series can give you thematic whiplash at times but the second raid was far more consistent and integrated the comedy far better. I don't think it really needs a Brotherhood-style remake, they didn't cut or change enough to warrant that. But still, hopefully going forward, FMP will be more like TSR than the original series.

Fact is, shizz is about to go down in this series so the comedy won't really fit in well after DVMC as things go crazy intense. I think this has the potential to be one of the most engaging, gripping series going if they get it right and don't cut or rush the story.

They will have to catch new fans up though.... That's the only worry I have when it comes to the possibility of a remake. They might feel the story is too involved to just continue on from where a decade old series left off. If they don't remake it though I wonder if they will rebroadcast the original series or just push the blu rays?
Nov 17, 2015 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
could be clickbait but hey ill post it regardless
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/73433

Apparently the studio will be bones if this isnt BS.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 17, 2015 9:48 PM
Jul 2015
JizzyHitler said:
could be clickbait but hey ill post it regardless
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/73433

Apparently the studio will be bones if this isnt BS.

Yaron is where most news come from and seeing how bones had leaks for every project it seems likely.
Nov 22, 2015 2:10 PM

Nov 2014
So, is this just about studio, or now new season period.

Nov 22, 2015 7:34 PM

Oct 2011
Oh yay! I'm so excited!
Nov 23, 2015 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
;______________________;

Nov 24, 2015 8:07 PM

Nov 2015
I can wait, average human lifespan is increasing i hear
Nov 24, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2014
Apparently people can't read.[/quote]Is it so hard to explain?

Oct 22, 2016 4:38 PM

Feb 2012
My body is ready...synthetic fabric eating bacteria level of ready.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 1, 2021 9:32 PM
Mar 2021
ja tem tanto tempo essa noticia , se alguem vir este comentario por favor me de noticias mais atualizadas
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

13 by animegamer245 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.