Forum Settings
Forums

'Divine Gate' TV Anime to Air in Winter 2016

New
Sep 25, 2015 11:38 PM

Jul 2009
At an event to commemorate the second anniversary of the Divine Gate mobile game, GungHo Online Entertainment revealed that the previously announced anime adaptation will be broadcast on TV starting January 2016. GungHo and its subsidiary Acquire launched Divine Gate for Android and iOS devices in 2013.

Synopsis
When the Divine Gate opened, the living world, the heavens, and the underworld became connected, ushering an era of chaos where desires and conflict intersect. To restore order, the World Council is formed. As peace is restored, the Divine Gate becomes an urban legend. In that world, boys and girls deemed fit by the World Council are gathered. They are ones who aim to reach the gate for their personal objectives. Those who reach the gate can remake the world. What lies beyond the gate? When they reach the door, will the world change? Will it be the past that changes, or will it be the future?

Cast
Akane: Tetsuya Kakihara (Fairy Tail)
Aoto: Soma Saito (Rokka no Yuusha)
Midori: Kanae Itou (Oda Nobuna no Yabou)
Hikari: Ayana Taketatsu (Date A Live)
Yukari: Sora Amamiya (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)
Ginji: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
Arthur: Yuuichi Nakamura (Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai)

Staff
Director: Noriyuki Abe (Arslan Senki (TV))
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi (Ore Monogatari)
Character Design: Ichirou Uno (Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii)
Music: Takumi Ozawa (Hidan no Aria)
Studio: Studio Pierrot

Official site: http://www.marv.jp/special/divinegate/

PV

Source: Social Game Info

Divine Gate on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 1:38 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2015 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
The mascot looking thing reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei.
Sep 25, 2015 11:47 PM

Nov 2011
Some decent casting choices...but I'm not really sold on this. Seems like Winter is starting to fill up though.
Sep 25, 2015 11:56 PM

Jul 2014
Well.... at least I'm going to hear the voice of The strongest man in the world.
"Hi!"
Sep 25, 2015 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
Pierrot..? well..at least we don't have to worry about OSTs and OP/ED...
Sep 25, 2015 11:58 PM

Apr 2014
What? Pierrot doing adapting an android game adaptation? That's a first.

I'm not expecting much but with that above average staff hopefully the anime will turn out somewhat good.
Sep 26, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2012
>Pierrot

No thank you.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 26, 2015 12:43 AM

Jul 2014
Not too surprising that it's winter, but Pierrot animating it is a bit of a surprise. Hopefully they bother to give it a half-decent budget if there's going to be a lot of action.
Sep 26, 2015 1:22 AM

Dec 2013
Just work on AnY k?
Sep 26, 2015 1:36 AM

Mar 2013
YEEART said:
Well.... at least I'm going to hear the voice of The strongest man in the world.
Sep 26, 2015 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
VanishingKira said:
Was slightly interested in...then I saw Pierrot.

Still going to watch but throw all expectations out the window now.

SheasonDuerulo said:
YEEART said:
Sep 26, 2015 2:05 AM

Jun 2014
Interesting concept so I'll be sure to watch it.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 26, 2015 2:19 AM
May 2012
malki said:
Pierrot..? well..at least we don't have to worry about OSTs and OP/ED...

Yeah, they are good with those.
Sep 26, 2015 2:23 AM

Jun 2008
Looks cool, so i'll probably check it out.
Sep 26, 2015 2:40 AM

Feb 2010
I might check this out. I'm pretty intrigued.
Sep 26, 2015 2:43 AM
Apr 2015
I saw the commercial for the mobile game on TV once. Looks interesting.
Sep 26, 2015 2:49 AM

Jun 2014
YEEART said:

Lol, good one.

VanishingKira said:
Was slightly interested in...then I saw Pierrot.

Still going to watch but throw all expectations out the window now.

robis798 said:
Just work on AnY k?

+1

I guess I'll watch this but I won't keep my hopes up since it's Pierrot. Hopefully it's like Akatsuki no Yona where I went in not knowing what to expect and I ended up enjoying it a lot (season 2 when?). Also, I like how all the character names are Japanese, but then you get to........Arthur. Idk, that caught my eye and I found it kind of funny lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 26, 2015 3:03 AM

Jan 2012
Could be fun, I'll give it a try. :D
Sep 26, 2015 3:09 AM

May 2014
for some reason it reminds me of Akame ga Kill and thats one of my favorite anime so Im gonna watch this
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 26, 2015 3:16 AM

Oct 2013
Natsu And The Strongest Man In The World. my goodness.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Sep 26, 2015 3:18 AM

Jan 2015
i don't like the art at all...
Sep 26, 2015 3:58 AM

Apr 2014
Meh, this looks pretty bad. No hopes for this, I see myself dropping this almost immediately.
Sep 26, 2015 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
Nice cast, but is a Pierrot's anime.. might watch.
Sep 26, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2014
Nice cast.
i'm a bit clueless here... what is Pierrot's problem?
Sep 26, 2015 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
-Gensan- said:
Nice cast.

Mainly Tokyo Ghoul adaptation, Naruto anime...
Sep 26, 2015 6:32 AM

Apr 2015
Eh, doesn't look too promising.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Sep 26, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2013
Looks pretty meh
Sep 26, 2015 6:50 AM
Mar 2015
So why is it airing on winter 2016, when its probably completed?
Thats weird right?
Sep 26, 2015 6:52 AM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:

I'm not expecting much but with that above average staff hopefully the anime will turn out somewhat good.

They can't adapt a manga series, let alone a fucking mobile game. Not gonna watch this, I'm sure it will be trash, just like most of the things Pierrot has released recently.
Sep 26, 2015 7:07 AM

Jul 2013
>Arslan Senki director

I'm hyped. With Studio Pierrot I'm certain they could offer us animation goodness, judging from the PV alone.

-Gensan- said:
Nice cast.

They're kind of a hit & miss, but they aren't that bad as people say they are. You should probably focus on the staff and not on the studio.
Sep 26, 2015 7:14 AM

Apr 2014
Hatsuuyuki said:
Z4k said:

They can't adapt a manga series, let alone a fucking mobile game. Not gonna watch this, I'm sure it will be trash, just like most of the things Pierrot has released recently.

Not sure why you'd say that when you've rated one of their recent work Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii an 8. Not to mention Baby step (especially the second season) and Akatsuki no Yona didn't turn out to be trash either.

Tokyo ghoul isn't the only adaptation they've done so its funny when people bash the studio when they've only watched less than 10 out of hundreds of shows they've animated.
Sep 26, 2015 7:19 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Looks generic and mediocre

But I still would give this a try, maybe it would be unexpectedly interesting and full of twists like Rokka no Yuusha

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 26, 2015 7:21 AM

Jul 2014
Illyricus said:
-Gensan- said:
Nice cast.

Mainly Tokyo Ghoul adaptation, Naruto anime...

Yeah the only thing i can think about is Tokyo Ghoul.... AnY was good, GTO was good and they have 10+ of anime with 8+ rating on MAL (tho i dont expect much from MAL, rating it still proved that it's not bad as people make it sounds like.)
Sep 26, 2015 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
The mascot looking thing reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei.

The whole thing has a Persona/SMT feel to it. At least the way the characters are colored. Looks interesting though, then again Studio Pierrot *shudder*.
Sep 26, 2015 8:39 AM

Nov 2008
Ugh, stop this, there are only a couple of genres where mobile adaptations work and the rest falter.

Sep 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
I need to look up synonyms for generic and bland.
Sep 26, 2015 10:59 AM

Sep 2013
Studio: Studio Pierrot

Fuck that.
Sep 26, 2015 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
Sounds like Devil Survivor 2...
Sep 26, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:
Hatsuuyuki said:

Not sure why you'd say that when you've rated one of their recent work Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii an 8. Not to mention Baby step (especially the second season) and Akatsuki no Yona didn't turn out to be trash either.

Tokyo ghoul isn't the only adaptation they've done so its funny when people bash the studio when they've only watched less than 10 out of hundreds of shows they've animated.

You have to be retarded to believe you aren't qualified to judge a studio unless you've seen hundreds of their works. Not everyone is a weeaboo who has no life and spend their days shut in. And yes, good thing you've reminded me of that, it was actually decent and now I feel like I should lower its rating.
Sep 26, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
Hatsuuyuki said:
Z4k said:

You have to be retarded to believe you aren't qualified to judge a studio unless you've seen hundreds of their works. Not everyone is a weeaboo who has no life and spend their days shut in. And yes, good thing you've reminded me of that, it was actually decent and now I feel like I should lower its rating.

Likewise. You have to be retarded to think the studio is bad when you haven't even watched their best work like GTO, YuYu Hakusho, Hikaru no Go or Juuni Kokuki.

Funny how you're indirectly calling me a weaboo and shut in when you've watched and spent more time with anime.
Sep 26, 2015 1:00 PM

Jun 2014
don't care about this, will probably be meh, might check out...
:3
Sep 26, 2015 1:43 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
In a way, it has a good staff but ...
Pierrot & mobile game adaptation tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 26, 2015 2:17 PM

Sep 2013
Pierrot where that bleach 2 at thou? :(
Sounds a'right, gotta keep them animators fresh :)

Hatsuuyuki said:
And yes, good thing you've reminded me of that, it was actually decent and now I feel like I should lower its rating.

Aye XD change your name to "sheep" please XD
Sep 26, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:
Hatsuuyuki said:

Likewise. You have to be retarded to think the studio is bad when you haven't even watched their best work like GTO, YuYu Hakusho, Hikaru no Go or Juuni Kokuki.

Funny how you're indirectly calling me a weaboo and shut in when you've watched and spent more time with anime.

I'm not the one saying things like "you shouldn't judge unless you've seen tons of anime produced by it" and no, I just checked your profile and you've got way more time spent on anime than me, I have no idea what the fuck you're on but I want it to smoke it too.
HatsuyukiSep 26, 2015 2:42 PM
Sep 26, 2015 2:45 PM

Apr 2014
Hatsuuyuki said:
Z4k said:

I'm not the one saying things like "you shouldn't judge unless you've seen tons of anime produced by it" and no, I just checked your profile and you've got way more time spent on anime than me, I have no idea what the fuck you're on but I want it to smoke it too.

>Makes a baseless claim that Pierrot's adaptations have been trash recently
>Only watched Tokyo ghoul

Get the fuck outta here.
Sep 26, 2015 3:10 PM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:
Hatsuuyuki said:

>Makes a baseless claim that Pierrot's adaptations have been trash recently
>Only watched Tokyo ghoul

Get the fuck outta here.

I didn't watch only Tokyo Ghoul, as you said it yourself, I also watched Sekai wa Utsukushi, Baby Steps and Akatsuki no Yona, dropped the last 2, and these are just the recent ones, I'm excluding the big shounen adaptations here. Again, I don't know what the fuck you're on but it has some crazy effects on you.
Sep 26, 2015 3:25 PM

Apr 2014
Hatsuuyuki said:
I didn't watch only Tokyo Ghoul, as you said it yourself, I also watched Sekai wa Utsukushi, Baby Steps and Akatsuki no Yona, dropped the last 2, and these are just the recent ones.

Still a baseless claim when you make bold statements like these
They can't adapt a manga series, let alone a fucking mobile game.

You haven't completed neither of those series you dropped nor have you read the source material to judge them by saying they can't adapt a manga series. Now then, how do you know they were trash adaptations if that's the case? Seriously get out with that sheep mentality of yours.
Hatsuuyuki said:
Again, I don't know what the fuck you're on but it has some crazy effects on you.

No need to act like an ignorant twat. Admit that you were wrong so we can end this.
Z4KSep 26, 2015 3:38 PM
Sep 26, 2015 4:14 PM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:
Hatsuuyuki said:
I didn't watch only Tokyo Ghoul, as you said it yourself, I also watched Sekai wa Utsukushi, Baby Steps and Akatsuki no Yona, dropped the last 2, and these are just the recent ones.

Still a baseless claim when you make bold statements like these
They can't adapt a manga series, let alone a fucking mobile game.

You haven't completed neither of those series you dropped nor have you read the source material to judge them by saying they can't adapt a manga series. Now then, how do you know they were trash adaptations if that's the case? Seriously get out with that sheep mentality of yours.
Hatsuuyuki said:
Again, I don't know what the fuck you're on but it has some crazy effects on you.

No need to act like an ignorant twat. Admit that you were wrong so we can end this.

I dropped them because they were shit, period. I don't have to watch something I don't like. Keep defending your trashy studio online, it's like they pay you to kiss their asses or something, it's really funny, getting so butthurt over a statement from a random guy over the internet, you must really lack friends to be able to waste so much time for this shit lmao
HatsuyukiSep 26, 2015 4:18 PM
Sep 26, 2015 4:32 PM

Apr 2014
Hatsuuyuki said:
I dropped them because they were shit, period.

Yeah I knew you weren't capable enough to present more than one sentence to properly explain why they can't adapt a manga properly.
Hatsuuyuki said:
I don't have to watch something I don't like.

And that's the only reason you could come up with why they're incapable of adapting a manga? lmao set your preferences aside because it has nothing to do with the main subject here.
Hatsuuyuki said:
Keep defending your trashy studio online, it's like they pay you to kiss their asses or something it's really funny, getting so butthurt over a statement from a random guy over the internet. You must really lack friends to have time for this shit lmao

>I'm not able to argue anymore so I'll proceed with personal attacks.

lol you were the one who quoted me for no reasons so its not my fault you ended up looking like an idiot.
Sep 26, 2015 4:40 PM

Feb 2011
Z4k said:
Hatsuuyuki said:
I dropped them because they were shit, period.

Yeah I knew you weren't capable enough to present more than one sentence to properly explain why they can't adapt a manga properly.
Hatsuuyuki said:
I don't have to watch something I don't like.

And that's the only reason you could come up with why they're incapable of adapting a manga? lmao set your preferences aside because it has nothing to do with the main subject here.
Hatsuuyuki said:
Keep defending your trashy studio online, it's like they pay you to kiss their asses or something it's really funny, getting so butthurt over a statement from a random guy over the internet. You must really lack friends to have time for this shit lmao

>I'm not able to argue anymore so I'll proceed with personal attacks.

lol you were the one who quoted me for no reasons so its not my fault you ended up looking like an idiot.

No, you're the one who doesn't understand that I don't have to finish an anime I don't like just to criticize it afterwards on online forums like you, massive cunt. I can call shit whatever I want, and you have to deal with it. I was using your comment as a reference when I quoted you, I didn't want to get involved in an argument with you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

18 by Kazou-nozumu688 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 6 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu' 2nd Season Announced

Vindstot - Dec 23, 2023

19 by JugNut001 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Dragon Ball' Creator Akira Toriyama Dies at 68 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Vindstot - Mar 7

165 by LusenProd »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

7 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.