Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 22, 2015 11:49 PM

Mar 2014
That was epic. It's a shame this anime is only 13 episodes cuz I feel like this series could be so much more if they put the time into it.

Also when Bell started dual wielding i was just rolling my eyes like 'of course' like this couldn't be any more like SAO lol
Zanos1May 23, 2015 12:06 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 22, 2015 11:56 PM

Jan 2011
damn it if it wasn't for me hearing that Krito scream through the whole fight my enjoyment wouldn't of been damped, but seriously it got carried by J.C Staff they did a real good job with it the choreography was great
May 23, 2015 12:17 AM

Dec 2012
That hunger turned my nigga Bell into a monster.

That move where he dropped the Minosaur and disabled his arm was some straight God of War action.

Then the internal Firebolts... sheesh. This episode was three epic!

May 23, 2015 12:58 AM

Oct 2011
That was insane! It was one of the best fight scenes that I've ever seen!

Bell is becoming an OP character. Haha
May 23, 2015 1:08 AM

Dec 2014
Wow. All S. So that is why his stats are... Wow. Next episode!!! And Lili, no doubt, loyal to Bell. :)
May 23, 2015 1:13 AM
Oct 2014
Bell Cranel uses 'Boss Mode'
May 23, 2015 1:22 AM
Sep 2014
this fight was bad ass
May 23, 2015 1:23 AM

Jun 2007
If only we could have more episodes like this one and lesser "love meeeeeeeee!!!"-bulls*it...
May 23, 2015 1:47 AM

Aug 2014
sonnakotonai said:
Wow, just wow.

Bravo JC Staff, bravo...

I have really longed for some nice animation scene for whatever timeframe.
After all I am a sucker for something like this.

That even outclassed something like the best UBW scenes.
I am not particurlarly talking about the quality, just how it was pulled off.
Some scenes in UBW for example seemed to be awesome, but mostly were short and had a touch of CGI support.

But what made this episode special was this kind of handmade flavour and especially the LENGTH of the fight against the minotaurus.

Just fucking awesome, I wished more anime could pull off scenes like this.

After all we are all watching an animated visual medium, so I wished more people would appreciate efforts like that.

IKR! Thinking about it, the only fights in UBW that come close are ep 0,1 and 15.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 23, 2015 1:54 AM

Aug 2008
That was a pretty sweet battle. I'm glad to see how badass Bell can be. When he grabbed that buster sword and dual wielded it with his dagger, man was that nice. And then the finisher by imploding the guy from the inside with multiple fire spells, the icing on the cake.

Eh, gotta say he has grown more on me in this episode alone than all the other ones combined.
May 23, 2015 1:56 AM

May 2010
Duo-wielding? Kirito
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 23, 2015 2:16 AM

Jul 2012
Confucius said:
Duo-wielding? Kirito

I was thinking the same thing LOL. The fight was amazing though!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 23, 2015 2:24 AM

Feb 2012
Epic fight and a bad-ass episode! Bell shocked EVERYONE!! I'm glad he wasn't saved by Aiz this time around.

On a random note, is Lili really that small? I mean her height doesn't even reach Bete's hips? She's a tiny one huh? lol
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 23, 2015 2:26 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was amazing! Damn, Bell was so badass in this episode. I'm hoping for more fights like this one :-)
May 23, 2015 2:29 AM
Oct 2013
great fight
May 23, 2015 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
Bete's an ass as always

Bete acts tough but he's quite a nice guy. He was actually going to comply to Lili's request to save Bell. Some of the things he did afterwards are hinting that way too. he's bas a tsundere flurry guy.

Freya is really beginning to pissed me off, this bitch needs to chill out and get lost. Bell is off-limits

Freiya has two unfair advantage (he supernatural beauty which mess up the head of anyone close enough, and her eyes allowing her to see humans' potential) on almost all other gods in getting the strong adventurers she wants. As long as she doesn't mess with other strong Familia like Loki familia, her "opponents " cannot do anything due to this. That's especially bad since gods swore to not use their power, but those two advantages works passively, so she cannot deactivate those and that therefore they aren't infringing gods rules.

It's his ability that makes him super over powered. I assume it's like having adrenaline coursing through your veins every time the ability chooses to activate itself.

Absolutely not. his skill IS extremely overpowered indeed, but it doesn't have any kind of boost effect during fight. What it does is
-multiply by 10 to 30 the stats gain
-stats never get stuck

and that's all. This is far more overpowered than any temporary boost during fights on the long run.

2. Oh I overlooked the bonus stat gained by levels. So to maximize Bell's stats he should max all the ranks (rank SS or SSS? more?) before leveling up right? So if he ever reaches level 6, he will be far better than Aiz stat-wise?

3. I'm probably asking for spoilers at this point. If it will be explained later in the episodes please don't answer this. xDD If adventurers takes years to level up, how come Aiz is still so young yet she's already level 6?

If Bell was going to go for maximizing, then yes. Other adventurers cannot do that though, as rising from a rank when reaching C-A could take then years, so better move on to the next level as soon as they can.
Now about Ais, yes and no. His stats (as in, the hidden stats) would be higher, but what will make a huge difference is the skills, abilities, magic, in the status, and outside of status, that fighter's experience, and how much he trained with weapons and so on. Gaining speed and strength doesn't teach you how to wield your weapon without unnecessary movement and handling it like a weapoon master for example. Same goes for very difficult stuff to do like, for example, chanting your spell while fighting. Bell doesn't have an incantation in his spel so it's fine, but other adventurers usually needs to stop and concentrate during the incantation, so they are vulnerable. BUT some rare adventurers are able to keep the concentration for chanting long spells while avoiding and attacking just as usual. Those have logically a huge advantage over adventurers who cannot do it, and so on.
Now, levelling up from 1 to 2 isn't especially as easy to control as that, since they depend on you fighting enough with opponents of a superior level for that. So it's not like an Elder Scroll RPG were you can actually decide by one clic when you'll accept the level up.
ZefyrisMay 23, 2015 2:52 AM
May 23, 2015 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
Zefyris said:
SkyTate said:
Using the minotaur's sword against him... that was quite epic. Wondered why no one was really surprised that he was able to wield that sword.

Exactly what I thought.

I'll explain it then. Ranks are about the stats you gain during that level. They rise as you kill monster and depending of what happens. If you get hit a lot, your toughness rises, if you dodge a lot, agility rise, and so on.
Like it was said before, just killing monster doesn't make you level up, it will only rise you stat (as long as you don't get stuck, since your leveling in stat can get stuck anywhere).

For you to level up, you need to defeat opponent considered of a superior level (like a minautor(lvl2) for a level 1 ). Maybe several I suppose, especially if you do it in group.
For your information, a weak level 2 monster/adventurer is far stronger than a strong level 1, so the levelling rise your raw abilities by a huge margin, and usually, strong level 1 won't try to defeat a weak level 2 alone.

But let's get back to the way stats goes. If you noticed, every time a stat reach a new hundred, it changes its letter. 0-99 I 100-199 H 200-299 G ... 800-899 A 900-999 S.
The highest you rise in stats, the less new fight will influence your stat rising, until it get stucks or until... you change your level.
Usually, peoples doesn't reach S in abilities, except maybe in their main stats ( like a light fight reaching it in agility, for example) . No one even heard of a SS rank, either. The thing is, in Bell's case, his skill means that his stats grows very fast and DON'T GET STUCK (<- note here: this IS completely overpowered) so every stats reached S, except for magic.

Those stats will reset to 0 (I) with a level up, but they won't be lost. They are basically a "hidden parameter", which will influence what he can do, but will no longer be visible on the back of the adventurer.

So usually there is two cases for adventurers.
1) They rise in stats between C and A, and if they're lucky maybe a S, and then they defeat a superior monster in group, and level up (<- this is a MINORITY)
2) they rise in stats and get stuck somewhere. They don't reach enough stats to be able to defeat a level 2 even in group, and since most familia don't have level 2, they all get stuck here with stats inferior to C.

in all cases, reaching level 2 is a process that at the very last takes 1 year (record is currently one year, all others are far longer than that it seems).

So, the Loki familia are completely dumbfounded by two things when Riveria looks at his stats (btw, the " magic" line and everything below it (skill, ability, spells...) is hidden by what remains of his shirt, that's why she says "all S" even though there's a B in magic).

1) How the hell can someone rise all his stats to S without getting stuck beforehand, that's completely crazy.
2) How the hell did that guy rise his stats to S in one month even though the current record of going to level 2 was one year, and that on top of this like I said, that record holder didn't especially rise the all stats to S before leveling.
and 3) For Hestia, Riveria and someone else who could read them as well : What the hell is SS rank? the stats got over 1000 without getting stuck, never heard of that??

Thanks for the effort explaining it mate, makes more sense now.
May 23, 2015 3:00 AM

Aug 2008
Great fight scene. Might be too early to say this but hopefully we get sequel soon.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 23, 2015 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
Really enjoyed the way he dealt with the Minotaur
May 23, 2015 3:04 AM

Jul 2014
Other than the annoying power ups, a pretty solid episode.

Though the lack of effort carrying that (assuming 2 handed) great sword kind of ticked me off.
"Hi!"
May 23, 2015 3:28 AM
Apr 2015
Anyone else really impressed with Matsuoka, Yoshitsugu's performance this episode? Damn those grunts of determination sound awesome along with his inner monologues.

I'm still not too fond of this show overall but this episode was without a doubt awesome.

May 23, 2015 3:28 AM
Mar 2008
That fight was absolutely superb. One of the best I've seen in anime.
May 23, 2015 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
Horrrrrrriiiiiiiii shhhhhhhiiiiiiittt
May 23, 2015 3:58 AM

Jun 2013
Damn that fight scene was pretty freaking awesome, fingers crossed Bell doesnt go back to being his usual self after this.
May 23, 2015 4:19 AM
Dec 2013
Ha! Accelerator's being nice to lolis again
May 23, 2015 4:28 AM

May 2013
All abilities are rank S. Not to mention that he's still a level one adventurer. He's got himself cheats I just know it.
May 23, 2015 4:43 AM

Aug 2014
Really nice fight :)

Bell showing up his moves and kicking minotaur's ass ahahah and of course getting S in all abilities
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

May 23, 2015 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
Imba Bell xD

He is the reason I am watch this anime, not Hestia
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 23, 2015 5:12 AM

May 2012
Dual wielding against a minotaur with a BF sword, I was expecting him to go Starburst Stream or something HAHAHA but seriously that fight was awesome and the spectators were all "He's level 1?" bakana. It just feels so satisfying when MC goes from weak to bamf (albeit temporarily)
May 23, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2009
I'm really not a huge fan of elaborate fighting scenes (I'm more of a fan of character antics), but this was a fairly epic experience. Touching and incredibly emotional.

From my side, this deserves a standing ovation for the studio. J.C.Staff, you have outdone yourselves! Bravo bravissimo!!
May 23, 2015 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
Epic fight, epic episode. The ost was on point and the action was superb, amazing animation. 11/10
May 23, 2015 5:27 AM

May 2009
bjorno said:
Confucius said:
Duo-wielding? Kirito

I was thinking the same thing LOL. The fight was amazing though!

Kirito invented dual wielding, What would we do without him
May 23, 2015 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
EEEEEIIIII THERE WAS DAT ONE NIGGA LIKE OOOOOO EN DEN DER WAS ANOTHER LIKE EIIIIIIIIIII GODDAMN
May 23, 2015 5:42 AM

Jan 2014
almost kinda stop watching half of the episode, seeing that he's about to lose hope... then Aiz shows up.. and gets motivated... and surprisingly hacks the Minotaur to pieces... Bell's power = "Aiz" period!!
temporary said:
No cliffhangers, 5/5.
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

May 23, 2015 5:47 AM

Dec 2014
I love the way Bell turned from badass to super badass
Doing what one likes is the right of the powerful.
May 23, 2015 5:50 AM

Feb 2015
Bell look so fucking great when he's collapse while standing . A masterpiece for collapse indeed.
May 23, 2015 6:52 AM
Jul 2011
yeah I didnt get anything about how the stats and leveling shit work, until I read though all the comments. then again probably would have been explained soon anyways.
May 23, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
The episode narrative is quite interesting, during the narration can be seen various moments and actions that maybe in the future can give a much more complex story. But for now this is only a hypothesis without foundation, stick to the facts been determined; one of which is the idea of ​​Bell of not being up to Aiz. The way it comes out is not so bad, Bell during the confrontation shows quite hesitant and then confident; Perhaps at this point the narrative was not flawless, very different if we talk the talk of the clash in terms of choreography. There we can safely say that there were flaws so relevant. Ultimately, the episode is not always wonderful, but given the short fanservice and the great commitment of the plot to deepen one bit the psyche of the protagonist with its advance also the rest of the story; The bet can be said to be promoted, although I would have preferred a continuation of combat without that there were interruptions. Good work regarding animations and drawings; we are at even more than decent.
May 23, 2015 7:28 AM

May 2011
episodes like these are the reason i love anime so much ... childish agreed but i love it
May 23, 2015 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
Anyone else watch the minotaur fight scene more than 5 times?

Seriously this episode is freaking amazing. 5/5 would score higher if possible.
May 23, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2012
Bell you magnificent son of a bitch.

temporary said:
No cliffhangers, 5/5.

+1.
May 23, 2015 9:44 AM

Apr 2011
That was a brutal way to die. getting THREE firebolts inside you...
May 23, 2015 9:47 AM

May 2011
I was yelling dark souls all throughout the fight

YEEART said:
Other than the annoying power ups, a pretty solid episode.

Though the lack of effort carrying that (assuming 2 handed) great sword kind of ticked me off.

If you have enough strength, you can go dark souls style
RockerXDMay 23, 2015 9:55 AM
May 23, 2015 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
Bell put on a show :) ,
so how its going to end 5 episode left
nothing special happend ever from the start beside bell
geting more and more stronger.
May 23, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2013

Damn...

At first i was like Wow, damn.
Then i was like WOW! HolyFucking Damn!
I'm still under Shock&Awe effect~

Forget about your Shirou, Bell is the real deal, he is a Accelerator-Kirito-Shirou crossover.

this is getting exponentially even more good with each ep.
Really good monologues btw, that help you understand his yearning, will and state of mind at this moment.

And Thx to Zefyris for the infos~

May 23, 2015 9:55 AM

Jul 2009
Zefyris said:
Bete's an ass as always

Bete acts tough but he's quite a nice guy. He was actually going to comply to Lili's request to save Bell. Some of the things he did afterwards are hinting that way too. he's bas a tsundere flurry guy.

lol 'nice guy' is pushing it. he's not evil, but he's rude and therefore not nice. But yeah i got the impression he was a tsundere.

Zefyris said:
Freya is really beginning to pissed me off, this bitch needs to chill out and get lost. Bell is off-limits

Freiya has two unfair advantage (he supernatural beauty which mess up the head of anyone close enough, and her eyes allowing her to see humans' potential) on almost all other gods in getting the strong adventurers she wants. As long as she doesn't mess with other strong Familia like Loki familia, her "opponents " cannot do anything due to this. That's especially bad since gods swore to not use their power, but those two advantages works passively, so she cannot deactivate those and that therefore they aren't infringing gods rules. [/quote]

well damn should this be in a spoiler tag? Not that I mind tho. But she's still an annoying ass hoe.
May 23, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2008
Turns out it was worth sticking out through all the usual harem crap. A good fight indeed.
May 23, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
arguably best of episode of the season... and one of the contenders for best episode of the year:
- not a single sign of this episode being built, but now you think about it: it was built, throughout the volumes already adapted and the episodes previously aired.
- a surprising, out-of-nowhere first-class action scenes.
- and they don't cheat on budget either.

Aiz acts the tough princess who stand behind her prince and supports him instead of forcing herself into the fray.
And Lily plays out the loyal girl who would cry over her man if he is wounded.

Yap, my week feels complete. :)
May 23, 2015 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
Zefyris said:

If Bell was going to go for maximizing, then yes. Other adventurers cannot do that though, as rising from a rank when reaching C-A could take then years, so better move on to the next level as soon as they can.
Now about Ais, yes and no. His stats (as in, the hidden stats) would be higher, but what will make a huge difference is the skills, abilities, magic, in the status, and outside of status, that fighter's experience, and how much he trained with weapons and so on. Gaining speed and strength doesn't teach you how to wield your weapon without unnecessary movement and handling it like a weapoon master for example. Same goes for very difficult stuff to do like, for example, chanting your spell while fighting. Bell doesn't have an incantation in his spel so it's fine, but other adventurers usually needs to stop and concentrate during the incantation, so they are vulnerable. BUT some rare adventurers are able to keep the concentration for chanting long spells while avoiding and attacking just as usual. Those have logically a huge advantage over adventurers who cannot do it, and so on.
Now, levelling up from 1 to 2 isn't especially as easy to control as that, since they depend on you fighting enough with opponents of a superior level for that. So it's not like an Elder Scroll RPG were you can actually decide by one clic when you'll accept the level up.
Thank you very much for the answers. Because of you, I understand the setting more and more :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 23, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
shit
is
intense
bruh
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.