Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2009 5:09 PM

Jan 2007
Blah Blah Blah, Arixx and food, Chelle =P

What did you have or are going to cook for dinner tonight?

Seeing as it's freezing (on the Texas scale of cold - 48F), Spicy udon with an egg cracked on top is in order for me tonight.
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2009 5:21 PM

Sep 2009
Arixx said:
Spicy udon with an egg cracked on top is in order for me tonight.
Sounds fantastic!

Tonight I had Pork Green Curry, with Jasmine Rice... Yum!
Dec 1, 2009 5:26 PM

Mar 2009
Well I had Chicken Chasseur with spiced basmati rice and steamed brocclli

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

Dec 1, 2009 5:31 PM

Sep 2009
slenderfall said:
Well I had Chicken Chasseur with spiced basmati rice and steamed brocclli
Damn... now I'm ALL HUNGRY AGAIN ;-P
Dec 1, 2009 5:31 PM

Aug 2006
OK, Arixx, slender, and Krimson are going to overtake this thread and continue to make me hungry. Dammit.

As for me... dinner tonight... leftover tacos. :P LOL

eta: with m&m's as dessert. :P
Dec 1, 2009 5:51 PM

Jan 2007
Chelle said:
OK, Arixx, slender, and Krimson are going to overtake this thread and continue to make me hungry. Dammit.

As for me... dinner tonight... leftover tacos. :P LOL

eta: with m&m's as dessert. :P

LOL

I shall counter tomorrow =P
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Dec 1, 2009 5:59 PM

Aug 2009
Chelle you're so funny! Nothing exciting tonight, but on the weekends I bake a mean tray of Ziti, a little garlic bread and if I'm feeling it, a glass of wine.
Dec 1, 2009 6:20 PM

Jan 2008
Oatmeal - Just to balance out lunch
Lunch was Great and over the top - Shinsengumi Yakitori in Gardena. Always seems to be room for one more skewer of deliciousness.
Dec 2, 2009 1:37 AM

Dec 2008
For me, microwave chicken patties on burger buns with Kool-Aid! Yum! ^_^

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Dec 2, 2009 11:43 AM

Mar 2009
This evening I had fesh musscles in a home made tomato sauce with freah basil and a hint of lemon - on a bed of spiniach liguini with a water melon green side salad

..and from one of my favorite all time sketch shows - The Fast Show lets see what Jesse has been having

Dec 2, 2009 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
Thanks Slender. Another show I'll have to keep my eyes out for.
Dec 2, 2009 6:02 PM

Feb 2009
Had a really nice turkey wrap- was supposed to have it for lunch, but went out instead.

Dec 2, 2009 6:07 PM

Sep 2009
tonight I had one of my faves.... Breakfast for Dinner ;-)

Two eggs over easy with wheat toast, bacon and some home-fried potatoes

Yum ;-P
Dec 2, 2009 6:14 PM

Jan 2007
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
tonight I had one of my faves.... Breakfast for Dinner ;-)

Two eggs over easy with wheat toast, bacon and some home-fried potatoes

Yum ;-P

Must... Stop... Mouth... Watering...

Breakfast for dinner kicks ass =P

My favorite Breakfast has to be this:

Cook up some sausage in a pan, use the left over pork fat to make a sawmill gravy with extra pepper. crumble in that sausage. Cook up some toast and pour that liquid of the Gods over it. Serve with a pair of eggs over easy.

But, tonight I had beef Fajitas with sauteed onion, bell pepper, cheese and sour cream.

=D

Dec 3, 2009 1:38 AM

Mar 2009
I am not a breakfast person except 3 cups of coffee and a few cigarettes *coughs* unless I have had a few too many beers the night before then its a fry up of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages and mushrooms with a glass of OJ so I can pretend to myself that I am having something healthy :)

Dec 3, 2009 6:31 AM

Aug 2006
Dinner for me last night was eating a ham and cheese sandwich, with Lays potato chips, while curled up under a blanket in my bed reading "Ranger's Apprentice: The Siege of Macindaw". Dinner and entertainment! You can't beat it. ^_^ And then banana pudding for dessert. ^_^
Dec 3, 2009 1:18 PM
Nov 2007
Tonight I'm cooking corn beef with red potatoes. I will serve with a tomato cucumber salad and fresh blanched green beans.
Dec 3, 2009 2:10 PM

Dec 2008
Tonight, it's teriyaki beef flavored ramen noodles and Kool-Aid while watching some NBA action. Yum! By the way, here's an off-topic item: How many of you tried to swat what they though was a bug on their monitor screen when they saw slenderfall's avatar? ^_^

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Dec 3, 2009 2:21 PM

Sep 2008
Cheese-filled Ravioli.

Dec 3, 2009 4:04 PM

Mar 2009
Beef with all fresh curry leaves, basil, chilli peppers, spring onion and lemon grass with gluton free noodles fried with seasme oil and any left over veg i had in the fridge while watching Hollyoaks

Dec 3, 2009 5:02 PM

Jan 2007
Rib eye cooked rare, sliced thin and served over warm soba noodles, topped with sauteed shiitake mushrooms and garlic. Garnish of green onion.

hell yea!

Dec 3, 2009 6:14 PM

Aug 2006
Damn, Arixx. I'm moving in. ^_^

Dinner tonight... Thanksgiving leftovers... served up with a little Kimi ni Todoke, a little 11 eyes, and finally some Umineko no Naku Koro ni. *heh*
Dec 3, 2009 6:58 PM

Jan 2007
Chelle said:
Damn, Arixx. I'm moving in. ^_^

Dinner tonight... Thanksgiving leftovers... served up with a little Kimi ni Todoke, a little 11 eyes, and finally some Umineko no Naku Koro ni. *heh*

LOL =P

I'll have a plate waiting in the fridge =)

Dec 5, 2009 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
Momma doesn't cook on Fridays. So last night it was Taco Bell.
Dec 5, 2009 11:55 AM

Mar 2009
sephirothluver said:
Momma doesn't cook on Fridays. So last night it was Taco Bell.

Haha thats so funny as I call Friday - Crap food night - and just get a take away ort something equally unhealthy

Every saturday I take my mum out to false her to eat something - I took her to a local Italian and had for starters Grilled King Prawns with garlic and chilli on a warm salad - then Steak with pepper sauce and a melody of seasonal veg

Dec 5, 2009 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
Hey Slender, Are you cooking all those wonderful dinners or getting them out? And if you are cooking them, how about sending some of those across the pond to us fast food eating Americans!
Dec 5, 2009 12:27 PM

Mar 2009
Well all the dinners except todays is all home cooked - with out being to big headed I have always been a good cook - when I was 16 I lived in a house with 6 other people and we all took turns in cooking once a week and we all tried to out do each other so thats how I learn't to cook - also if its a stew orr curry I will cook enough for four dinnes and eat two and freeze the others

My mum said I should be a chef (infact she still says it) but its a hobby and I worked in a kitchen once and did not like the atmosohere and it interfered with my beer drinking time :P

When I was in the states I went to some great resturants - but the size of your portions are just extrondanily huge

Dec 5, 2009 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
Gordon Ramsay look out! Here comes Slender. Just don't throw the food across the room like he does. :P
Dec 5, 2009 5:22 PM

Mar 2009
sephirothluver said:
Gordon Ramsay look out! Here comes Slender. Just don't throw the food across the room like he does. :P

I probably know more swear words than him too - and lets be honest here not being a violent person myself - don't you just wish someone would deck him XP

Dec 5, 2009 6:36 PM

Jan 2007
slenderfall said:

When I was in the states I went to some great restaurants - but the size of your portions are just extraordinarily huge

Spot on, man. That and the whole "you better clean your plate, there are starving children in Ethiopia" attitude is why most of America is over weight.

I had home made chicken noodle soup. As in, broth made from bones home made and a grilled cheese sandwich. Love the comfort foods on a cold night =)

Dec 6, 2009 4:21 AM

Aug 2009
Hey slender, I think I could take him LOL.

Yeah Arixx, it was like that in my house. I come from an Italian family so it was always about food. My best friend was also Italian and a wonderful cook! I'd go over there for dinner and she would stuff you till you wanted to puke, but damn it was good!!
Dec 6, 2009 6:34 PM

Jan 2007
sephirothluver said:
Hey slender, I think I could take him LOL.

Yeah Arixx, it was like that in my house. I come from an Italian family so it was always about food. My best friend was also Italian and a wonderful cook! I'd go over there for dinner and she would stuff you till you wanted to puke, but damn it was good!!

lol

Italian kicks ass, one on my favorite class of foods. It's hard not to stuff yourself =P~

Speaking of Italian, I made a mean Chicken Tetrazinni tonight, One of my favorites!

All that was missing was Spaghetti Warehouse's Sourdough bread and garlic butter.

Errr... Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin. I live for their sourdough bread and garlic butter. O.O

Dec 7, 2009 12:33 AM

Mar 2009
Arixx said:

I had home made chicken noodle soup. As in, broth made from bones home made and a grilled cheese sandwich. Love the comfort foods on a cold night =)

Glad to see you do not waste the bones too - you can not beat a homemade soup made with your chicken bones and I throw in brocccli stems and any other bits of veg which can not be used.

Which coincidently leads onto what I had for dinner last night - traditional sunday roast chicken with all the trimmings - the great thing about a large chicken is that it will last me 4 days

Dec 7, 2009 8:29 AM

Aug 2009
Aaahhhh!!! I'm going to have to walk an extra mile today just thinking of the yummy dishes you guys make. If I hit the lottery I'm hiring a cook!!!!
Dec 7, 2009 4:48 PM

Jan 2007
slenderfall said:

Glad to see you do not waste the bones too - you can not beat a homemade soup made with your chicken bones and I throw in brocccli stems and any other bits of veg which can not be used.

Which coincidently leads onto what I had for dinner last night - traditional sunday roast chicken with all the trimmings - the great thing about a large chicken is that it will last me 4 days

you bet! Nothing beats a homemade stock. I usually brine and smoke a turkey for Christmas and I always make a turkey noodle soup with the carcass. The stock made from those bones is like liquid gold.

Roast chicken left overs are so versatile. Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Quesadillas, White chicken chilli or the old standby, chicken salad sandwiches.

*mind just started churning. I have left over chicken in the fridge. Chicken Philly Cheese sandwich! Sautee some onion and bell pepper with thin slices of chicken, place a nice slice or two of provolone cheese on top and cover to melt. Serve in a halved sub roll.

@.@

Dec 7, 2009 4:57 PM

Mar 2009
Arixx said:

you bet! Nothing beats a homemade stock. I usually brine and smoke a turkey for Christmas and I always make a turkey noodle soup with the carcass. The stock made from those bones is like liquid gold.

Roast chicken left overs are so versatile. Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Quesadillas, White chicken chilli or the old standby, chicken salad sandwiches.

*mind just started churning. I have left over chicken in the fridge. Chicken Philly Cheese sandwich! Sautee some onion and bell pepper with thin slices of chicken, place a nice slice or two of provolone cheese on top and cover to melt. Serve in a halved sub roll.

@.@

Yep had chicken with fried leftover veg and potatos tonight - chicken and stuffing sandwiches with some sald for work tomorrow - and chicken chilli for the evening which will probably last me for two meals and freeze the stock

It amaszes me when my friends say they spend so much on food and basically just eat frozen dinners or takeouts when with a little thought not only can you save a packet but eat heathly - and ofcourse more money to spend on beer XD

Dec 7, 2009 5:08 PM

Jan 2007
slenderfall said:

Yep had chicken with fried leftover veg and potatos tonight - chicken and stuffing sandwiches with some sald for work tomorrow - and chicken chilli for the evening which will probably last me for two meals and freeze the stock

It amaszes me when my friends say they spend so much on food and basically just eat frozen dinners or takeouts when with a little thought not only can you save a packet but eat heathly - and ofcourse more money to spend on beer XD

DAMN right brother! The more beer the better =P

Dec 8, 2009 7:13 PM

Jan 2007
Turkey burger tonight, too busy to fix something more elaborate.

Dec 8, 2009 8:47 PM

Aug 2006
Dinner for me tonight was caffeine, nicotine, and MMOs. ^_^
Dec 9, 2009 5:09 AM

Mar 2009
Chelle said:

Well I suppose that keeps the calories in check :)

Dec 9, 2009 5:43 PM

Jan 2007
slenderfall said:
Chelle said:

Well I suppose that keeps the calories in check :)

lol

Udon with Shiitake tonight. Damnit, I can't get enough Shiitake.

Dec 10, 2009 11:55 PM

Mar 2009
Last night I had an old favorite Spaghetti Bolenaise - with a green salad and threw in some raw veg stir fry I had left over.

Dec 12, 2009 3:25 PM

Jan 2007
Cooking white chicken chili tonight.

Dec 12, 2009 3:42 PM

Mar 2009
Arixx said:

How many other coloured chickens do the sell stateide :P I want a blue one

Dec 12, 2009 4:54 PM

Jan 2007
slenderfall said:
Arixx said:

White as in the sauce, smart ass =P

Dec 12, 2009 6:03 PM

Mar 2009
Arixx said:
slenderfall said:
Arixx said:

White as in the sauce, smart ass =P

Damn I was really looking forward to a day glow green turkey on xmas day

Dec 12, 2009 6:30 PM

Apr 2008
Tonight was Fajita night. I take flank steak and cook it into strips. I cook it in a pan then set it aside. Then I take two green peppers and an onion, cut them up and they go in the pan. Add Olive oil and saute them up. When done I put the beef back in, add a half a cup of water, some cumin, some pepper and some chili powder mix it all up and let it simmer. Then grab some tortilla shells.. "Attempt" to try and fold them as I fill them up with the mixture, some cheese and sour cream. It's actually a rather simple dinner and the guys here love it.
Dec 13, 2009 3:46 PM

Mar 2009
Roast lamb with all the the trimmings

But here is some ecomony tips

Dec 14, 2009 4:41 PM

Jan 2007
slenderfall said:
Roast lamb with all the the trimmings

But here is some ecomony tips

Gah, I need to try cooking with lamb. I've only had it once at a British friend of mine's house back in high school. So damned good.

On the note of cooking with things that we Americans hardly use... I need to do a nice Veal Parmesan. It's been too long.

Dec 14, 2009 4:44 PM

Apr 2008
Veal is something that I just can't get myself to eat..... I understand our meat processing is a very brutal process but for some reason Veal gets to me.

On another note, tonight's dinner is simple. Sloppy Joe's and Carrot sticks !
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Secret of Cerulean Sand (2002)

whiteflame55 - 10 hours ago

3 by whiteflame55 »»
3 hours ago

» Kobato (2009) - April 2024 Group Watch

23feanor - Apr 2

49 by whiteflame55 »»
3 hours ago

» Anime with adult main characters

zubby - Nov 30, 2023

6 by MeganeOverlord »»
Yesterday, 7:50 PM

Sticky: » New Member Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Oct 3, 2009

833 by MeganeOverlord »»
Yesterday, 7:35 PM

Sticky: » Discuss the Series You Just Finished ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Jul 27, 2009

2876 by 23feanor »»
Yesterday, 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.