Forum Settings
Forums
Grim Reaper and Four Girlfriends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2015 3:53 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The ending... sucked.

Let me clarify from before, a few days ago, it's not that I didn't like this manga or didn't enjoy it, but anticipating from the fact that it will end in one more chapter, there is no way it will resolve anything, given a highly plot intensive manga.

Guess what, nothing is resolved. Nothing. More underwhelming than I expected.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. Start really strong, and developed into an immensely enjoyable manga somewhere in the middle, only to end in one of the worst ending that I've seen, especially given the strong body of manga.

6/10
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 19, 2015 11:49 PM
Sep 2013
So.. How did you find this out? And if you have a link to raws or chinese translations pls link :3
Jan 23, 2015 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Still can't find the raws.
All I heard was the Shinigami was an asspull and suddenly she has Childhood connection with MC in Chapter 18.
Oh for fucks sake..Where did you pull that out from?
Its a bummer since I found this manga to be enjoyable and the most of the Girls has no development aside from the Idol.Awesome Art(You know when you fucked up lol) and Four timing self aware MC?! Sheesh all dem potential.
I blame Japan and their bad taste and got this Manga to have an axed ending.

Jan 25, 2015 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
ugh yea just took a look at the chinese raw the ending is stupid
Jan 26, 2015 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
That was more predictable than the Royal Rumble 2015 this weekend. No characterization of the girls, just used as position in plot device while the story's "romance" itself felt empty. Art was overall nice while the concept had some potential. Le disappoint.
Jan 26, 2015 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
Finally the ending chapter, too bad it must over now.

Turns out Airi become the true heroine.

I enjoy this manga from start to end 8/10

Jan 26, 2015 6:09 PM

May 2013
Can't believe this has ended. Wanted to see the girls' reactions after the kiss.
Jan 26, 2015 6:25 PM
Apr 2014
Dude. That's disgusting. All of them are just perfectly fine after that ordeal. No one wants to kill him? That's messed up.

And the shinigami had no character development, it was so flat.

4/10
Jan 26, 2015 6:52 PM

Apr 2011
5-timing ending?

Would have been better if they at least clear the things about the other girls and not end it like this.

So basically she didn't die because the relationship with those 4 other girls didn't end to ruin because he was not hated by them which is kinda annoying I mean 4 girlfriends and even one of them didn't even got mad?

I was so ready for him to get stabbed by the yandere girl.
Jan 26, 2015 7:06 PM

Jan 2008
I feel like this was axed and was given a rushed/forced ending, because they hinted that each girl had their own fair share of problems. But none of that was expanded upon, and nothing is resolved--so those girls still got their issues.

I guess they're chalking it up as similar to the ending on The World God Only Knows, where they forget the shinigami existed in the first place, and therefore those 4 girls still think they're in a relationship. Now I remember what this series reminded me of. This is essentially a watered-down version of The World God Only Knows: An otaku is visited by a shinigami girl that puts their life in grave danger if they do not date multiple girls, while solving their personal problems (or in this case, don't), with the shinigami posing as an imouto, who herself ends up in grave danger, only to return as a normal human in the end. They basically share the overall same exact plot and ending.
Estoy_GordoJan 26, 2015 7:14 PM
Jan 26, 2015 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
Hm, people say it is a bad ending, but in my opinion i believe it is a good ending for an axed manga.
I like how the Shinigami is back and those other four girls still like him.
Overall score: 8/10
Jan 26, 2015 7:55 PM

Dec 2011
Kind of didn't like how it end... oh well, it ended in a happier note, for the MC at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 8:05 PM
Apr 2012
i thought there is a Light novel for this to explain everything but no
Jan 27, 2015 4:28 AM

Apr 2014
I saw the chapter in Batoto and its in english.
Anyway I find it hard to believe the girls were fine with the Quadruple timing.
The reason was basically this "I can't bring myself to hate him" Lol bullshit.
For the Idol who had characterization its probably a pass? but for the other Three girls who just fell flat and has no justifiable reason to even STILL go out with Minaguchi is just *Sigh*.
Airi is taken to the Shinigami world to be presumably "Killed" and Minaguchi loses all his memories regarding her even the whole reason as to why he started Quadruple timing.
Then for some unexplained deus ex machina writing Airi was ok? andd transfers to his class the next afterwards and declares How she loves Minaguchi and proceeds to kiss him in the cheek.The whole class go "EHHH!" and it ends.

Anyway I blame Japan as always for failing to see untapped potentials.
It was good while it lasted.

Jan 27, 2015 6:39 AM

Sep 2011
Not the best ending. It left a lot of thing unresolved and the girls been ok with him four timing them was baffling. That said, I really did enjoy the Manga and wish it was longer.
Jan 27, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2012
Well that was overly clicheed... but I guess that's about as good as it could've ended in that short time...
Ah, what could've been...
Jan 27, 2015 11:27 PM

Dec 2013
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

what a serious waste of good plot and fun idea this manga had.
It literally had potential to be a lot longer and much better but it probably got axed or something and the publisher forced the author to finish the manga.

seriously lame.
4/10

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jan 28, 2015 10:53 AM

May 2009
Maybe because it was canned?
Jan 30, 2015 2:04 AM

Aug 2014
The ending was rushed as hell it makes me mad ... I'm pretty sure that it was canceled because i don't think that the mangaka is stupid enough to end it that way ...
But tbh this manga is amazing .. Maybe i didn't read enough manga but that was definitly one of my favourite harems ... Hope the mangaka makes a sequel or something ...
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 31, 2015 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
lol, even thought it ended, it seems that this story is just about to start feeling.. since all those girl he dumped still likes him...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 14, 2015 12:45 AM
Oct 2013
I mean what else can you expect from an axed manga...

Was salvaged to an OK extent by the author that was forced to end it abruptly.
Feb 23, 2015 7:21 AM

Jun 2014
At least he maintained the harem. Nothing special about this manga but the bitches are all likeable.

6/10
May 26, 2015 4:15 PM

Nov 2014
It was fun, MC wasn't that bad and all the girls were interesting. But wth with that ending?! And why so short? There we so much potential to show relationship development with each girl (especially yandere ^^' ). It's just sad how it suddenly ended.
Jul 2, 2015 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
Terkhev said:
It was fun, MC wasn't that bad and all the girls were interesting. But wth with that ending?! And why so short? There we so much potential to show relationship development with each girl (especially yandere ^^' ). It's just sad how it suddenly ended.

the manga got axed, its not the mangakas fault that he had to rush
Aug 6, 2015 3:33 PM
Aug 2013
I don't know, the ending feels more like he settled with Airi over the other girls, not really a true harem end imo
Oct 5, 2015 12:57 PM
May 2015
I love this manga and i wish there is a continuation and in his harem he can marry all of them.But chapter 18-19 suck
Oct 23, 2015 12:51 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
yeah so there's a chapter 19... why is it recorded as 18?
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Dec 26, 2015 10:07 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
MODS PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 2, 2016 4:53 AM

Sep 2013
Oh an that was a terrible ending, a humorous set up with 4 entertaining girls and this is the conclusion it had reached.
Jun 24, 2016 8:47 AM
Jun 2011
actually i... hmm we actuually enjoy it ... shut up i know ..but you i find it pretty cute hahaha and fuuny .. i thought theres gona be dead or something like that but the ending is great cant ask for more
Aug 10, 2016 12:06 AM

Aug 2012
6/10 such a waste it end like this
Sep 8, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2015
That was great, a good ending, I really enjoyed this manga.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 10, 2016 3:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So harem route it is. Yeah, the ending was pretty terrible and rushed. So many plot points were simply glossed over, like Kobayakawa's relationship with her mother, etc. It seems too forced that everyone's okay with Minaguchi and how the hell was Airi able to come back. Ehh, it was still an absolutely hilarious manga that made me laugh like crazy at times and the face reactions were hilarious, but I wish the ending would've been better. Was the series canned or something? Oh well, I'll never forget that Death Note "Keikaku doori" XD

7/10
Mar 20, 2017 6:53 AM

Apr 2016
Aszao said:
Terkhev said:

the manga got axed, its not the mangakas fault that he had to rush
Yeah, too bad. With so much left it..

Still, I loved it and it would've been one of my favorites if it was more complete.

9/10
Dec 18, 2017 7:55 AM

Aug 2013
A harem route with 5 girls. Lucky bastard.

The ending was disappointing but I did enjoy the manga.

Jan 20, 2018 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
I don't mind this open ended ending, but I feel like deep down I was hoping for a school days like fiasco. Oh well, enjoyable manga. Was fun while it lasted; short but sweet.
Feb 2, 2018 7:09 PM
Feb 2018
i thought that would have chapter 20 but, well, no. I liked the story but, but the author forgot to create a better development for the heroines and with a final unfinished.
Mar 29, 2018 5:23 PM

Sep 2017
I didn't like the way it ended. So soon, with some bit of loose ends.

But the manga was brilliant. I can't say that I haven't enjoyed the manga after all. It would have been better if the manga had continued serialization.

9/10, cause this is the first harem manga that I have appreciated. Also one of the harems which aren't that bad after all.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 25, 2018 1:54 AM

May 2010
This reminds me of Mx0
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 31, 2018 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
This was going to be one of my most favorite mangas until I realized that this was the last chapter. The amount pettiness and salt I have in my system is too much, I hate this ending.
Aug 3, 2019 12:29 AM

Dec 2015
Too bad it had to get axed.

Like seriously, I felt a lot of emotions while reading this manga... There was going to be a lot of development going on BUT IT GOT AXED!

Hope the author decide to make this a web manga instead...
Aug 21, 2019 2:57 PM

Sep 2014
Well. It should be longer if so it would be great, but ended w/e. This manga has good start, interesting middle and trash rushed ending.
I hate Airi, MC should have hate her too. Basically all 4 girls were sweet and I don't mind Harem Ending, but excluding Airi the subhuman (since idk how she even back to human realm, she should suffer to fullest in the other world).
Axed such good manga, but even so, mangaka should have ended it in some other way. The ending sucks and piss me off.
Now left only rage and sadness...
Jun 12, 2020 3:17 PM

May 2015
Last two chapters were garbage but I really enjoyed the rest of it. Seems like it got axed and had to be cut short. The comedy was great and I was actually getting into the plot. Surprised the writer hasn't published much... There's clearly potential there.
Jul 21, 2020 12:32 AM

Mar 2020
I'm concerned... I don't actually hate this.

While the ending was rushed, the situations were superficial and the self-awareness was overbearing, this shaped out to be something surprisingly competent.

I'm on board with everyone else in that the harem ending was the worst possible approach they could have taken. The thing with Airi only wanting to help the MC felt shoehorned in - even if you could tell that they were trying to set up that twist from the start. It would have been better if Kaoru ended up getting together with Kobayakawa, since she turned out to be the most developed character. The idea of the two being set up by their oppressors is quite a nice idea as well.

The ending hasn't undermined my enjoyment like it has for other people. While this manga did quite a few things I disliked, I'm surprised that it managed to do a few things I enjoyed. This is probably a 5/10 for me, which is waaaaaay above other competitors in this genre. I'll go ahead and leave my dignity by the door.
XeroBeatJul 24, 2020 1:49 AM
Apr 6, 12:41 PM
Jan 2020
Dam did the ending to this manga sick. Dropped a plot twist to change things up and didn't even do it well.

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 27, 2022

1 by Natsusama98 »»
Jun 23, 2022 1:46 AM

Poll: » Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2014

19 by XeroBeat »»
Jul 20, 2020 7:16 AM

Poll: » Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

20 by XeroBeat »»
Jul 16, 2020 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2014

24 by JeremiahOrange »»
Mar 29, 2018 4:23 PM

Poll: » Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2013

14 by JeremiahOrange »»
Mar 29, 2018 3:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.