Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2015 12:54 AM

Feb 2014
Is this also the cause of stacked signature from multiple user?

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jan 12, 2015 12:59 AM

May 2011
Welp, despite all the mishaps on MAL, I appreciate your guys' effort to correct them. Thanks!
Jan 12, 2015 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
that explain why all image in my profil not shown up
Jan 12, 2015 1:17 AM

Jan 2011
Jan 12, 2015 2:10 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
xbobx said:
I guess it's time to check that contract, is it not?
I'm not the site administrator (that's Xinil) and the staff is often not notified in advance when updates like this are pushed. Neither does the moderating staff have any kind of "contracts" with Crave. We all put time into MAL on a purely voluntary basis. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was any different than this, since most of the active community is already aware.

dity said:
is that 'update' why people are being incapsula banned like crazy?
Incapsula is separate problem from any bugs on the site itself. I'm not sure if you're referring to the Error 16 bans or the cyclic Error 14/15/17 bans we were having on Saturday. I haven't heard of that episode repeating yet though.

thereisonlyone said:
what's a fake log-in pop-up? don't think I've seen one of those
Please see the previous announcement.
KinetaJan 12, 2015 2:13 AM
Jan 12, 2015 3:12 AM

Jul 2009
We're now safe from the hacking but we got no [IMG]..

My grandfather repeated it often... there's always a scam behind!!!
Jan 12, 2015 4:47 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but images continue to be rendered if you view the site with Firefox. Not sure if it is viewing a cached version of the site or not, however.
Jan 12, 2015 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
Oh I missed this. Great news
Jan 12, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2009
Kineta said:
ROTH said:
You guys should check out a temporary fix in the meantime then: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1341209
This isn't a temporary fix. It only displays images when you hover URLs, and does not make [img] tags render.

Jonny_Mhl said:
Edit: also this last week a lot of SQL errors happened here something which I never had (well not like 20 SQL errors in 2 hours to be more exact), those errors have something to do with this as well?
You joined in 2009, so you should be used to MySQL errors :P They occur when the site is lagging, as we have been every night recently. As I've said elsewhere, this is being worked on as well. Lag is, unfortunately, something we're often infamous for.

If I had an exact ETA, I'd share it.

Oh man time flies by...5 years? It looks like I made this account like yesterday..

Well everything seems back to normal for now except by of course the Imgs and for me this is just great since I personally had the loggin problem during 2 years (yeah I just tried everything to solve it but it's gonna now).

I just hope this won't take long to fix, that's all.

edit- I'm reactivated one of those custom profile scripts (CSS) and it works like there's no problems with any img/bbc codes. This can lessen the damage until IMG is fixed.
Jonny_MhlJan 12, 2015 9:18 AM
Jan 12, 2015 2:26 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
otakuloserperson said:
I finally get my own set and then this happens : (

ffs shinji can't you smile for once?
Jan 12, 2015 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
otakuloserperson said:
I finally get my own set and then this happens : (
Get into the damn robot shinji...
Jan 12, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
Kineta said:
xbobx said:
I guess it's time to check that contract, is it not?
I'm not the site administrator (that's Xinil) and the staff is often not notified in advance when updates like this are pushed. Neither does the moderating staff have any kind of "contracts" with Crave. We all put time into MAL on a purely voluntary basis. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was any different than this, since most of the active community is already aware.

That's precisely what I'm talking about.
We are all well aware that you, Kineta, the DB & forum mods does it for free.
However, The MAN, The Creator, THAT GUY, Xinil doesn't [supposition].
Therefore, when he negotiated the domain with Crave, I assume they set some terms and just like every contract, Crave should AT LEAST answer to his complains and feedback requests.
I can deduce they do. Assuming that someone had to tell Crave about the gory pics issue, so they DO talk to somebody from "here" (Xinil? I assume) and actually launched a patch to "fix" it.
Hence I asked.
I don't speak only for myself when I say Crave is not healthy for MAL. We have great suggestions ignored in a daily basis because it "requires coding" but when the "coding people" show up, they do it once a year, and only bring more trouble with it.
So, isn't it time to review the do and does of the company?
Doesn't anyone of the MAL Staff has the power to voice the complains of the community?

(This all, assuming Xinil didn't simply sell myanimelist.net and all its contents to Crave for cash. If this is what happened, sorry for my misunderstanding, there's nothing to be done since then this is no longer a reciprocal relationship.)
Jan 12, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
This brings back good memories of last year. Oh, the adventure~
Jan 12, 2015 3:26 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
xbobx said:
Kineta said:

Therefore, when he negotiated the domain with Crave, I assume they set some terms and just like every contract, Crave should AT LEAST answer to his complains and feedback requests.
I can deduce they do. Assuming that someone had to tell Crave about the gory pics issue, so they DO talk to somebody from "here" (Xinil? I assume) and actually launched a patch to "fix" it.
Hence I asked.
I don't speak only for myself when I say Crave is not healthy for MAL. We have great suggestions ignored in a daily basis because it "requires coding" but when the "coding people" show up, they do it once a year, and only bring more trouble with it.
Doesn't anyone of the MAL Staff has the power to voice the complains of the community?

(This all, assuming Xinil didn't simply sell myanimelist.net and all its contents to Crave for cash. If this is what happened, sorry for my misunderstanding, there's nothing to be done since then this is no longer a reciprocal relationship.)

I can't even begin to try and explain the issues that stem from hosting a website that gets as much traffic as MAL. That's not an excuse, but it is something to consider when you factor in why development is so slow.

There's no excuse for Crave pushing code live that wasn't properly tested. It was a blunder and I'm apologizing for them now.

With that said, we've got a number of things in the pipeline to make this whole process much more fluid and less bug-ridden. I know, seemingly empty promises again, but I actually see light at the end of this tunnel.

We will get these issues fixed as soon as we can, and we'll have more to come soon.
XinilJan 12, 2015 3:29 PM
Jan 12, 2015 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
don't get bullied xinil=kun
Jan 12, 2015 3:47 PM

Feb 2013
Xinil said:
We will get these issues fixed as soon as we can, and we'll have more issues to come soon.

Sorry, just had to do it xD

Anyway...I haven't been here for long but I got used to these issues already, it's not exactly a big hit for lists, but it is a serious problems for clubs, those are affected the most by losing img again and well shitposting too, but that's not a priority anyway I hope... So yeah if this doesn't take a year or so it's not going to be a big deal anyway.
Jan 12, 2015 3:49 PM
Apr 2013
Xinil said:
xbobx said:

Hence I asked.

I can't even begin to try and explain the issues that stem from hosting a website that gets as much traffic as MAL. That's not an excuse, but it is something to consider when you factor in why development is so slow.

There's no excuse for Crave pushing code live that wasn't properly tested. It was a blunder and I'm apologizing for them now.

With that said, we've got a number of things in the pipeline to make this whole process much more fluid and less bug-ridden. I know, seemingly empty promises again, but I actually see light at the end of this tunnel.

We will get these issues fixed as soon as we can, and we'll have more to come soon.
Why are you apologising for Crave if this problem stems from them? If anyone who will be doing the apologies, it will be Crave, not any of us here. Anyway, i don't really care about that, we including myself just want those issues fixed as soon as possible.
Jan 12, 2015 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
Xinil said:
I hope to see this light as well.
Jan 12, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2014
Xinil said:
xbobx said:

Hence I asked.

More issues doesn't exactly rid me of my concern, but whatever.

As for the rest of this post, this better not happen again.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 3:55 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Xinil-kun.
Jan 12, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2014
Kineta said:
ROTH said:
You guys should check out a temporary fix in the meantime then: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1341209
This isn't a temporary fix. It only displays images when you hover URLs, and does not make [img] tags render.
The purpose of that fix wasn't to render [img] tags so that they'd be visible again nor was it to make sigs functional. Images typically come in URL links when posted on the internet, however they retain their file extension (i.e: .png, .jpg).

Basically, it's more so a workaround instead of a fix.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
Xinil said:

hopefully and do look at the suggestions forum from time to time please
Jan 12, 2015 4:46 PM
Apr 2014
Hope it gets fixed soon.

Good luck! :)
Jan 12, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2014
O-oh, yayy.
Jan 12, 2015 6:37 PM

Dec 2014
Good luck. Hope the code going well
Jan 12, 2015 6:42 PM
Nov 2008
eh, i'll believe you xinil when i see it happen.
Jan 12, 2015 8:04 PM

Feb 2013
Ascius said:
Xinil said:
We will get these issues fixed as soon as we can, and we'll have more issues to come soon.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. (if you work in software, you know that is actually true)

Even if this "problem" gets fixed, I might never notice and just keep using the quickie userscript to drop data-src into src and bypass the whole problem.

Xinil, I'm dying to know... what does url_check.php actually "do"? I'm guessing it checks a blacklist, but is that really all? If that's the case, it should be done server-side before the page content is even sent to the browser. MAL is high traffic, that extra request isn't going to help it any.
Jan 12, 2015 10:36 PM

Oct 2008
So that's why this problem is happening! i've noticed it since days! it's good to once in a while check announcements. I hope admins fix it immediately.

Jan 13, 2015 12:11 AM

May 2013
I appreciate the good job.
Jan 13, 2015 12:18 AM

Oct 2011
Good luck
Jan 13, 2015 2:31 AM

Sep 2011
BurntJelly said:
Ascius said:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. (if you work in software, you know that is actually true)

Even if this "problem" gets fixed, I might never notice and just keep using the quickie userscript to drop data-src into src and bypass the whole problem.

Xinil, I'm dying to know... what does url_check.php actually "do"? I'm guessing it checks a blacklist, but is that really all? If that's the case, it should be done server-side before the page content is even sent to the browser. MAL is high traffic, that extra request isn't going to help it any.
That's a good question to ask Crave.
Jan 13, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
This is how img works: It works one year, stops working for another year and then starts working again at next year.
Jan 13, 2015 9:15 AM

Jan 2012
lupadim said:
This is how img works: It works one year, stops working for another year and then starts working again at next year.

lol .I support this explanation very strongly.

Jan 13, 2015 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
Tyrel said:
BurntJelly said:

That's a good question to ask Crave.

more like:

Jan 13, 2015 3:03 PM

Jun 2010
Xinil said:
xbobx said:

Hence I asked.

I appreciate your reply and also hope we get to see the "light" at the end of this -not tunel but rather- journey underneath the earth.
I also understand the issues that might come from a large website managing, however, this is paradoxical, don't you think?
If MAL has this much traffic as you're saying, how come Crave constantly ignores us?
It's only logical to assume that a high traffic website is more lucrative than a low traffic website. Then, if MAL really is what we are saying it is, where are the Crave's investments?

This is sure naive of me, but I enjoyed MAL much more when we saw your posts here and there, slight updates and I actually could access it without getting INCAPSULA'ed.
Jan 13, 2015 3:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Good to know.
I thought I had messed up some type of coding and was about to start messing with things.
Take your time. Thanks for not just leaving it alone.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 13, 2015 3:21 PM

Dec 2013
Today is a sad day...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 13, 2015 4:44 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Does this really take almost a week to completely fix? I'm just wondering, because as I said before it doesn't really seem like that big of a problem. I mean, its not like the very sanctity of the site is at risk here, its just the [img] BBCode.

Jan 13, 2015 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
LivingGoatWhore said:
Does this really take almost a week to completely fix? I'm just wondering, because as I said before it doesn't really seem like that big of a problem. I mean, its not like the very sanctity of the site is at risk here, its just the [img] BBCode.
is it also a big issue for you to not use images for a while?
Jan 13, 2015 4:55 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Meokii said:
LivingGoatWhore said:

Not at all, I was just wondering why such a small problem hasn't been fixed when its been nearly 5 days.

Jan 13, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
It shouldn't take this long. >.>
Jan 13, 2015 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
I thought something was wrong with my profile.......I thought it was a photobucket problem though...

Why does img bbcode have so many problems T-T

Jan 13, 2015 10:32 PM

Jul 2014
Oh okay, Thanks IntroverTurtle for linking me to this.
Jan 14, 2015 3:40 AM

May 2014
Thanks for the update.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jan 14, 2015 4:26 AM

Aug 2012
LivingGoatWhore said:
Meokii said:
Not at all, I was just wondering why such a small problem hasn't been fixed when its been nearly 5 days.
You're complaining because of five days? Last time it took a whole year to fix it. Get ready.
Jan 14, 2015 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
Oh ditto, I knew something was up when I look at my page. Best of luck to Xinil in fixing the issues though.
Jan 14, 2015 6:46 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
LivingGoatWhore said:
You're complaining because of five days? Last time it took a whole year to fix it. Get ready.

Patience is something not everyone has sadly. On the other hand, we best be ready for another year of no img.

Jan 14, 2015 7:25 AM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
lupadim said:
LivingGoatWhore said:

But I'm not complaining, all I asked was "does it really take more than a week to fix a simple BBCode?" Why are people getting so pissy?

Jan 14, 2015 7:29 AM

Jan 2013
Luna_slave_No61 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Are you sure it is temporary and wont take month to fix?

Isn't month still temporary?
No, a month is still just making an idea of fixing it, about 8 months is temporary :D
Jan 14, 2015 8:32 AM

Mar 2013
Meokii said:
LivingGoatWhore said:

its for me :P
My profile page were built on [img] now its just a mess.

but no complains here, good luck on fix it guys...... :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

223 by RED-clover12 »»
May 2, 12:53 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.