Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 24, 2009 4:30 PM
Oct 2009
This was an above average episode for sure.

Nov 24, 2009 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
In a fight with Scar vs. Kimblee, I would want Kimblee to win for he is a BAMF. Go epic train fight. :D

Olivier is pretty beastly, too. :)
Nov 24, 2009 4:54 PM

Apr 2008
My Predictions for the next beautiful eyecatches:

&

(^ tiny more spoilerish than first one *not risking it*)
Nov 24, 2009 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
Olivier!! <33333 I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her, she is too cool. Miles and Buccaneer made their appearances too, can't wait to hear Miles. <3 I love the Briggs arc. Looks like a new homunculus will be making its appearance next episode as well. I don't remember it appearing so early...but maybe it did and I can't remember. Then Kimblee and Scar's fight was great. Gah, I love Kimblee too...
Nov 24, 2009 6:26 PM

Nov 2007
Ah, Armstrong's sister is introduced.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 24, 2009 6:53 PM

Jun 2008
Smasher said:
Finally Olivier makes her entrance ... the second hottest character of FMA after Riza Hawkeye ^_^ Them lips ... /drool

Oy!! I just don't know what order to go in. Riza, Winry and now Olivier. To many beautiful woman at once.

And that wall. It was awesome. It puts the Great Wall to shame in sheer size.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Nov 24, 2009 7:34 PM

Apr 2009
OLIVIER *3*
I actually like yelped a little when she came on, no joke. I'm surprised my family didn't say anything...
But, yes, everything about the fine Major General was perfect. Love, love, love her voice.
My girlcrush. It is even larger now.
...If that's possible.

The Scar/Kimblee stuff was great, too. And Buccaneer! Not quite how I imagined his voice, but it fits. Can't wait til we hear Miles!
And of course, we see a certain Homunculus next week. Quite excited about that. He's my favorite after Greed(ling).
Nov 24, 2009 9:04 PM

Sep 2006
Oosran said:

Well quite a difference between Armstrong's sister in the original anime and in the manga is quite different, eh?xD
Also, she's one hell of a woman xD
I would not want to meet her on a dark night x)

Armstrong's original sister, the smallish one that Falman supposedly met, is still in the manga! The anime just took her out, since her role is like ... erm, random passerby. You'll still see her in the anime soon though!

Naruleach said:

Beyonder said:

I wonder why Ed couldn't use alchemy against the guy's arm, when he had just made the blade on his automail.

i wonder why too.

Remember how Scar couldn't de-transmute Ed's arm at first, because he didn't know it was made of steel? For transmutation to work, you must first understand it's composition.
Nov 25, 2009 1:19 AM

Aug 2009
Fantastic episode. Kimblee and Olivier are totally awesome, can't wait for next week's!
Nov 25, 2009 1:26 AM

Jan 2009
cardinal4 said:
Oosran said:

Well quite a difference between Armstrong's sister in the original anime and in the manga is quite different, eh?xD

Armstrong's original sister, the smallish one that Falman supposedly met, is still in the manga! The anime just took her out, since her role is like ... erm, random passerby. You'll still see her in the anime soon though!

Snap, too bad, I would've preferred if she stayed out of it D:
Oh well, that's what I get for just watching the anime and not reading the manga I guess >.<
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 25, 2009 2:50 AM
Jul 2009
So I'm guessing Olivier is the "bear" that Izumi fought during her training....
Nov 25, 2009 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
Kimblee vs Scar fight is nicely done. Even stabbed with metal rod,Kimblee make a brief remark of death & battle..so creepy yet psychotic. LOL with the snowman that Ed make..how can a skull be a snowman button XD. Notice that Ed feels pain in his automail,i suspect his automail not for cold condition & hardly he fight with Bucchaner (also alchemy doesn't work on the crocodile arm) with that conditions. Wow,Oliver is a cold & charismatic woman...judging that she control the toughest fortress in Amesteris. Love the comparision between a bear & rabbit,so funny. Overall very good episode & next ep we have Sloth!!
Nov 25, 2009 4:33 AM

Jun 2008
Kagura89 said:
Kimblee vs Scar fight is nicely done. Even stabbed with metal rod,Kimblee make a brief remark of death & battle..so creepy yet psychotic. LOL with the snowman that Ed make..how can a skull be a snowman button XD. Notice that Ed feels pain in his automail,i suspect his automail not for cold condition & hardly he fight with Bucchaner (also alchemy doesn't work on the crocodile arm) with that conditions. Wow,Oliver is a cold & charismatic woman...judging that she control the toughest fortress in Amesteris. Love the comparision between a bear & rabbit,so funny. Overall very good episode & next ep we have Sloth!!

You need to remember that steel is a good conductor of both heat and cold (I don't know the exact composition of his steel...ASMT-6160??). Just like Ed felt the extreme heat on his automail-skin bonding the same thing was happened in the extreme cold.

And as someone stated before, Ed assumed that Crocodile was steel and he could use alchemy to change it. He found out that it didn't have any effect on it because he didn't know what it was made out of.

I liked this episode. The fight between Kimblee and Scar was great. It's going to be a better fight when they meet again. One I'm waiting for!!

Anyone who thought this was a bad or slow episode needs to quit watching the series because they have some serious entertainment issues that need professional help.

Nov 25, 2009 5:21 AM

Feb 2009
Xerain said:

Actually I think that Izumi's "visit" predated Olivier's arrival there. Not sure, though.

Nov 25, 2009 5:31 AM

May 2009
Smasher said:

VS

AHAHAHAHA XD That was so cute. Edward is screwed dun dun dun :D

Nov 25, 2009 7:16 AM

May 2009
Oh how I love Brotherhood.~ Every episodes just pumps me up for the next.

Olivier is one sexy beast of a woman. XD

Nov 25, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2009
I hope she's the ultimate female badass I've been looking for!
Nov 25, 2009 6:12 PM

Jan 2009
Oosran said:

Or would you? ;D
Nov 25, 2009 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
DeadBonesBrook said:
Oosran said:

Or would you? ;D

No I most definitely wouldn't xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 26, 2009 4:23 AM

May 2009
So much snow! Like someone said, *goes to change pants*

A very refreshing change of scenery. After what seems like ages, we're finally at the Briggs.

When the moonlight shone in the compartment, showing Scar vs Kimbley, I laughed like a god-damned maniac. The fight, as many have noted, was epic. Just the anticipation of that fight was so much. It didn't disappoint but was way too short for me.

Didn't really feel Winry's appearance. That was kind of forced.

Ed and Al. Their encounter with Buccaneer was kind of stupid. It was ... stupid. But I guess they wanted to show how (suspicious and aggressive) you have to be if you're guarding these territories, something they carried on with Olivier, when she says that she doesn't need assessments done by other people, not even her own brother and then a full body search.

Olivier's entry could have been more bada** though. Her voice, among other things commands respect. That's one nail I think they hit right on the head. Yoko Soumi was the perfect choice.

Marcoh and May Chang get Scar's brother's notes. That's significant development.

One of things that bothered me over some of the last episodes was Sloth. Who is he? For a while when there was a thing going on about Hawkeye's tattoo, you guys made me think she was a homunculus. Then with Selim. I guess they'll be important some other way later on.

Overall, an above average episode but still it held back. A little short of that finish line.
Nov 26, 2009 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
No shit, Marcoh didn't look as hideous as I hope he'd be. Scar vs. Kimblee fight was shortlived. I would love to see an all-out battle between 'em. Kimblee in his white suit always reminds me of Ladd from Baccano, debonair yet bloodthirsty. Ed fighting that ginormous guy (what's his name again?) was fun to watch, especially him clinging onto his arm. Olivier seems pretty badass too. Fugly Sloth in the next ep... should be awesome.
Nov 26, 2009 7:33 AM

Jun 2009
Enjoyed the episode, Althought there didn't happen what I wanted.
The fight was too short and some other things.
Hope next episode gets even better.
Nov 26, 2009 10:06 AM

Feb 2009
Somewhat disappointing episode. On one hand, it was GREAT to see Olivier in animated form (LOVE those lips) but I'm not a fan of her voice. Can't quite place why, though. Also, the Kimblee/Scar fight was MUCH shorter than I remember it being...

Nov 26, 2009 4:30 PM

Mar 2009
Hikari-tan said:
My love for Kimblee just went up

I seriously hate that guy.
But the episode was epic! Cant wait for the next one.8)

!Damn, im HOT today! :D!
Nov 26, 2009 5:16 PM

Feb 2009
Hell yeah, this just became interesting again! :D

An Kimblee in psycho mode is pure win.
Nov 27, 2009 4:56 PM

May 2008
Wow. Olivier scares the shit out of me. What a creepy bitch ass woman...

Nov 28, 2009 3:27 AM

Jun 2007
I don't know why the fuck I like Kimblee so much and his fight with Scar was cool but I was expecting him to own or at least not to run away... that means he will still be around, though :D

lol'd @ Bear vs. rabbit xD
Nov 28, 2009 11:27 AM

May 2009
Wow. The battle between Scar and Kimblee was great, but it was overshadowed by the introduction of Olivier and the fortress. Talk about impressive first impressions!
Nov 28, 2009 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
Finally Briggs ^^ and Oliver, I couldn't wait to see her animated. She's awesome xD
Previous username: LadyNikki
Nov 28, 2009 11:20 PM

Jan 2009
Finally after seeing these characters so long in the opening we finally get to see them and Briggs. It's been awhile since i couldn't wait for the next episode ^^
Nov 28, 2009 11:28 PM

Jun 2008
Ziarra said:
Hikari-tan said:
My love for Kimblee just went up

I seriously hate that guy.
But the episode was epic! Cant wait for the next one.8)
Kimblee is a guy you love to hate.

Nov 29, 2009 5:34 AM

Sep 2006
Xerain said:

Lol, that would have been interesting! But no. At least, I don't think so lol.
Nov 29, 2009 4:34 PM

Sep 2008
Amazing ep!!

Scar vs. Kimblee fight was completely, no mistake EPIC!!

Kimblee continuing to hold his hat from flying away was kinda cool ^.^

Olivier Mira Armstrong's voice was quite a shock for me! (Well, even the personality was! She's nothing like Alex >.> Can't believe she's his sister! or rather she's too masculine, but at the same time she seems badass =) )

5/5 ep!

The preview talking about her was like wow! (But since that Buccaneer is under her command she must be pretty damn strong!)

liked the scene where Oliver was the bear and Ed was the rabbit, it was kinda funny =)

Can't wait for next ep~ (Another Humunculus is appearing xP)
"This is how we do things in Briggs"
Kaito__KidNov 29, 2009 4:40 PM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 29, 2009 4:51 PM

Sep 2008
cardinal4 said:
Xerain said:

That'd be interesting if it really was her. But, I think that'd be too much xP

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 30, 2009 7:28 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty awesome fight between Scar and Kimbley
Nov 30, 2009 9:03 AM

Feb 2009
Tensai-Kun said:
cardinal4 said:
Xerain said:

That'd be interesting if it really was her. But, I think that'd be too much xP

Plus the timing's off, as Izumi hit Briggs -before- Major General Armstrong was stationed there.

Dec 1, 2009 1:08 AM

Apr 2008
A sister completely opposite of the brother o-o

Dec 2, 2009 9:09 AM

Feb 2008
oh yeah, finally Briggs! *---* gotta love that arc!

OLIVIEEEER <333 everyone's fav XD I liked her voice, really strong... A bit strange also, but I think we [and the seiyuu] need to get used to it... I also felt that way about Roy's voice at the beginning, but now I just love it and it fits perfectly ;3
Also, Olivier only had a few minutes to speak. I WANT MOAR! Can't wait!! *-*

ScarxKimblee fight was awesome. I can totally see my boyfriend squealing at his house after that scene XD he only started watching Brotherhood because of Kimblee. *-* I'm so glad I converted him!~ *FMA love <3*

Anyway... OH SHI-
Soon the anime will get to the part I'm reading in the manga D: I don't want that! But I also don't want to read it and right after watch the episode, or else I'll be like "oh, they didn't put this or that u.u" and I reaaaally don't want to be like that since I'm really enjoying FMA:B ._.~
Dec 3, 2009 7:52 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode, FMAB didn't have an episode as action-packed as this one in a while.

Oliver is OK, although I don't see why all this OMG ITS OLIVER!1!! commotion.
Dec 4, 2009 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
Veethorn said:
Oliver is OK, although I don't see why all this OMG ITS OLIVER!1!! commotion.

You'll see and become enlightened!
xP No, seriously, you will.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 4, 2009 9:13 PM

Jun 2007
whoaa
im starting to love Olivier *-*
such a badass and awesome character:D
i cant wait for the super war of the military
i hope Olivier helps them
and im sure, she will:D
that automail was whoaa D:
the fight between Scar and Kimblee was cool
but short, and i was a bit nervous about Scar, I kinda like him ^^
I guess there will be a longer fight in the future
Dec 5, 2009 11:38 AM
May 2008
Wow, Olivier... what a woman!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 24, 2009 1:31 PM

Sep 2008
Well, that was just an awesome episode.

Olivier is scary... but cool. XD The battle between Scar and Kimblee was short but pretty epic. I also wonder why Ed couldn't use his alchemy, though...
Jan 7, 2010 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
best punk'd ever: when "dr.marcoh" turned out to be yoki, rofl
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 4, 2010 1:37 AM
Nov 2009
Waaah! What a scary woman, what a scary place. I'd die =__=;

Brilliant episode as always :)

Hehehe, Ed makes a good Rabbit :)

Apr 24, 2010 5:48 PM

Sep 2009
Olivier seems soooo awesomeee i have a feeeling im gonna like her a lot ^_^
she seems pretty badass and Al
and im glad to see more Of kimblee :3

May 20, 2010 4:41 PM

Sep 2009
Lol...Olivier has some pretty big lips. Next episode looks like it's going to be exciting.
Jul 9, 2010 8:13 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my, that Armstrong girl sure was a furious one. I wonder if she's an enemt or an ally but she's the sister of Major Armstrong so I'm 50% sure that she's going to be an ally.

Okay I wonder why that guy told Al that he's going to be alright because he's not wearing an automail. Regular automails don't work well in cold huh? Anyways the North sure is a very interesting place. I guess people there have betetr automails. I hope Ed and Al learn some new techniques there, lol.

About Scar and Kimblee, I was expecting to see some good ol' fighting but it seems to be that Kimblee is still rusty from that jail time he had. Tis going to be interesting to see.
Jul 14, 2010 5:48 AM

Apr 2010
Olivier, what can I say, amazing.

Kimblee is abit psycho in my opinion..

Great episode, the next seems to be interesting so I'm looking forward for it!
Jul 19, 2010 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
ehh theres entirely too many blonde people in this show haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.