Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2009 6:55 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 1: Title: Black and White Picture

Starts very similar from the drama. Using the same voice that they had from the drama. It could give memories if you watched the drama before.

Anime OP uses the same song as the Drama OP.

99.99% Korean! (Using the credits and subtitles in Japanese)

Oct 19, 2009 6:56 PM

Dec 2008
whaa... it came out?
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Oct 19, 2009 7:16 PM

Feb 2008
syaaj said:
whaa... it came out?

This anime was already aired. It aired in October 17th but people can't find the RAW so it isn't subbed.

(Refer to this forum for more information about what is going on: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=124599)
Oct 19, 2009 7:18 PM

Dec 2008
neow_neow said:
syaaj said:
whaa... it came out?

This anime was already aired. It aired in October 17th but people can't find the RAW so it isn't subbed.

(Refer to this forum for more information about what is going on: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=124599)

oh im fine with the raw im jsut wondering where it is (btw is that gdragon for your avatar?)
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Oct 19, 2009 7:18 PM
Mar 2009
So the RAW is out?

Sweet...

Oct 19, 2009 7:22 PM

Feb 2008
chinlamp said:
So the RAW is out?

Sweet...

Well, the RAW is out but it's not out in public. I got mine from a Korean site.

syaaj said:

oh im fine with the raw im jsut wondering where it is (btw is that gdragon for your avatar?)

I got the RAW from a Korean site. But I forgot the link =P And yes it's G-Dragon.
Oct 20, 2009 12:09 AM

Mar 2009
neow_neow said:

I got the RAW from a Korean site.

Please, can you share it?
Oct 20, 2009 4:56 AM
Feb 2009
I watched it with Chinese subs on Tudou (Chinese youtube-like site). I'm glad that I have a strong Chinese background :)
Oct 20, 2009 4:15 PM

Feb 2008
music_cat said:
neow_neow said:

I got the RAW from a Korean site.

Please, can you share it?

I forgot where I got it from since my history list gets erased when I close my internet window. Sorry.
Oct 20, 2009 9:02 PM

Mar 2009
The first RAW but in shitty quality
http://www.tokyotosho.info/details.php?id=258052
Oct 21, 2009 12:30 AM

Oct 2007
i really love the animation style and music with this show, too bad i didn't understand a damn word of it
Oct 21, 2009 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
nyamo said:
i really love the animation style and music with this show, too bad i didn't understand a damn word of it

Just Like me ^^
Oct 21, 2009 6:16 AM
Jun 2008
I hope a quick fansub coming this episode. So lovely and nice start.
Oct 21, 2009 11:53 AM

Sep 2009
Can we actually talk about the episode itself? I really want to know what happened as I'm curious if it will really follow the drama as the animators have been giving hints of her childhood friend being the actual main character so far, which is pretty misleading and what ruined the entire show for me, as I can't symphatize with the glasses-dude now :/
Oct 22, 2009 8:03 AM

Mar 2009
oh well, this show is as lame as the drama itself, nuff said!
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Oct 22, 2009 9:47 AM

Oct 2008
nyamo said:

Same here. But the Korean language sounds pretty funny, so it was a nice experience.
Probably the Japanese subs make it easier to translate ^_^'
Oct 22, 2009 3:30 PM

Sep 2008
Huh it's seems not to be ep1 But Ep0 Cause I just saw the raw of the ep1 and it's not the same episode , and after researchers I found that the first episode was a prologue and it's not actually the real begining

Here is the real Ep1

http://animeblogz.com/winter-sonata-episode-1/
Oct 23, 2009 3:15 PM

Sep 2009
Well the entire 24 mins i was crying...it wasnt just some water rolling around in the eye socket...it was real tears falling on the table...*me in the middle getting embarrassed*---the music score is highly responsible for this....just one word beautiful...actually this word doesnt justify the series well...sry this is my human capacity of thesaurus...the voices....the dialogues...the graphics ofcourse are highly intimidating....i had goosebumps the entire time--agn because of the music..and the way they showed every emotion...
Oct 23, 2009 6:08 PM

Jun 2008
Sweet Jesus. This series has the SLOWEST freakin' first episode ever. The animation and music were both amazing, but goddamn. What a way to not sympathize with either protagonist from the get-go. ;\
Oct 23, 2009 11:51 PM

Aug 2007
kiriska said:
Sweet Jesus. This series has the SLOWEST freakin' first episode ever.
lol, after 5 minutes i skipped through the ep and it looked like it never picked up. i think i'm gonna pass on this one.
Oct 24, 2009 9:00 AM

May 2008
That was... interesting?

I almost wanted to burst out laughing at the panning scenes, and there was some other various QUALITY stuff, but I guess the production values were probably slightly better than I expected, since it's Korean.

Also Joon-Sang looked completely different in this ep than the later pictures of him. I didn't even make the connection for a little bit, and it didn't help that they subbed his name as チュンサン. The Japanese subs in general could have been visually improved as well, but they were readable...

Yujin also really got on my nerves for some reason.

I hadn't looked into the story before watching the ep though and after seeing the first ep it looks like a really generic drama. I don't think I'll bother sticking with it.

Fleri said:
Can we actually talk about the episode itself? I really want to know what happened as I'm curious if it will really follow the drama as the animators have been giving hints of her childhood friend being the actual main character so far, which is pretty misleading and what ruined the entire show for me, as I can't symphatize with the glasses-dude now :/

Giving hints? I'm not familiar with the drama, but

hikkyOct 24, 2009 9:08 AM
Oct 24, 2009 9:11 AM

Sep 2008
1st winter sonata episode in Eng sub by FailSubs
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=92568
Oct 24, 2009 11:26 AM

Feb 2009
Am I the only one who thought this was pretty good?

Oct 24, 2009 11:36 AM
Jul 2009
ArnoldK said:

No. Also, SFW's will be out in a few hours.
Oct 24, 2009 12:41 PM

Jul 2009
THAT FOREHEAD!!!THAT FOREHEAD!!!THAT FOREHEAD!!!THAT FOREHEAD!!!THAT FOREHEAD!!!THAT FOREHEAD!!!THAT FOREHEAD!!!THAT FOREHEAD!!!

Okay, overview:

_Male: One of the rare times where 3-D version= or > than 2-D

_Female: Thank you 2-D, you saved my day XD

_Good english and korean this time around, gotta love how that cute blond loli said "Pink you"....Wai-, "Pink you" saying to a male is like saying "You're gay!!!" Nice one there, little girl ;-)

Hey, WTH? The dude went to New York and the gal was in search for him so why in the bloody hell she was in Paris? Am I missing something? Been a while since I saw the drama so didn't remember that well...Also, is it me or I saw a book entitled "French are vicious"? Damn, how I would like to read that book....8-)

PS: NUUUUUUUUU!!! 500 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! It's not easy to win 500 freaking times, so don't throw it away, damn you !!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 24, 2009 1:26 PM

Oct 2007
Please tell me this thing will pick up in the next few eps?
I was sooo bored. It was gorgeous, and the fact is was in Korean shocked me, but it was so boring and unclear. Nearly the whole ep inner monologue.
I was so looking forward to this after all the hype the fans gave it... it has to get better? right?
I will care about what happens to the characters eventually right?

Or will this turn out to be something only fans of the original will like?

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Oct 24, 2009 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
ArnoldK said:

count me too in it.....now it seems embarassing to say i loved the first ep....i really liked it..the criticisms r havin no effect on me...^__^
Oct 24, 2009 4:38 PM

Jul 2008
makes me want to see the k-drama again...it's been years since i watched it.

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Oct 24, 2009 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
BitchMaster said:
_Male: One of the rare times where 3-D version= or > than 2-D

I agree on that

@neow_neow - does the website you found stream it with the japanese subtitles?

Edit: I found it stream on http://tvpot.daum.net/
Spoiler for direct link to episode one stream

it has subtitles for japanese however i can't read korean so i'm not sure how early this was uploaded
LvhinaOct 24, 2009 6:56 PM
Oct 24, 2009 9:18 PM
Feb 2009
Animation's great, but the first few scenes were confusing.

Anyone who's seen the drama, it's not a total downer ending on this, is it? Cos it's beautiful, but really depressing.
Oct 24, 2009 10:12 PM

Jul 2009
omotenium said:

Anyone who's seen the drama, it's not a total downer ending on this, is it? Cos it's beautiful, but really depressing.

Well, it's a
if you wanna know...

Oct 24, 2009 10:47 PM
Jul 2009
BitchMaster said:
omotenium said:

Well, it's a
if you wanna know...

Eh, did we watch the same show? Because it doesn't seem like it.
Oct 24, 2009 11:52 PM

Jul 2009
traen said:
BitchMaster said:
omotenium said:

Well, it's a
if you wanna know...

Eh, did we watch the same show? Because it doesn't seem like it.

Well, that depends on whether you saw the drama and how you interpret "bitter" and "sweet", and I hope you understand the simple fact that not everybody is the same and is as awesome as you?

Oct 25, 2009 12:58 AM

Oct 2007
Linalee-Stratos said:
ArnoldK said:

count me too in it.....now it seems embarassing to say i loved the first ep....i really liked it..the criticisms r havin no effect on me...^__^

now with subs i really do love this show, seems pretty slow but its a nice way to unwind my day, on a side note i find its funny in korean sicne i am 100% by birth right but i have no comprehension whatsoever of the language
Oct 25, 2009 7:57 AM

May 2009
Well, i have to say that there's one thing bugging me, and it's Jung's voice... i don't know, it's somehow strange, like an old woman's voice :/
But her Hmph! is funny :D
And awwwww, the way she sneaks peeks at Joon Sang ^^

I like the opening and ending too :)
Oct 25, 2009 11:06 AM

Nov 2007
This is the first korean drama I've seen.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 25, 2009 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
i have a feeling this is going to be a total fail, but i`ll watch like 4 eps before i make up my mind.
this ep was awfully impossible to understand.
i still can't figure out if it`s the story of 2 couples or 1. i mean, how in the world would the brown-haired guy turn in to the blond guy? brown hair does not turn blond!and his eyebrows somewhat shrinked. XD
and the girl doesn't look much like the older girl, too. but they do have the same names so who knows..
Oct 25, 2009 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
_Gal_ said:
i have a feeling this is going to be a total fail, but i`ll watch like 4 eps before i make up my mind.
this ep was awfully impossible to understand.
i still can't figure out if it`s the story of 2 couples or 1. i mean, how in the world would the brown-haired guy turn in to the blond guy? brown hair does not turn blond!and his eyebrows somewhat shrinked. XD
and the girl doesn't look much like the older girl, too. but they do have the same names so who knows..

Ever heard of the possibility of "dyeing hair"? But your "his eyebrows somewhat shrinked. XD" somewhat deserved some chuckles outta me LOL

As for the girl, she was conscious of her forehead so therefore, she decided to get a mushroom cut, i.e p*beep* cut for a more mature audience ;)

And to answer your initial question, it was just one couple all along. It was set in the future, near the end of the actual drama and they had a buncha flashbacks for photogenic purposes...

Oct 25, 2009 1:12 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah, I actually think Joon-Sang looks the same regardless of the hair color. The eyebrows and jaw-line gave it away for me. Also the general look on his face.

The show is slow, but as of right now, I don't have any problems with the pace (I did in episode 0 though). I'm really taken aback by the overwhelmingly good production value on the show, and save for one scene--where Joon-Sang's mom got up--everything is wonderfully crisp.

There's something that bothers me with the voice acting though. If I close my eyes, it's all very remarkable, but in relation to what's going onscreen, a lot of times it's severely lacking energy or just plain wrong.
Oct 25, 2009 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
Hehe I see the animation is still pretty good quality...
Story is ok so far...
Oct 25, 2009 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
So wierd hearing korean instead of japanese:P still looks like a interesting story
Oct 25, 2009 4:45 PM

Mar 2009
Well, watched this episode straight after the prologue episode, I have to say this episode is better lol
I think I might enjoy this series. Loving the animation/arts/music lol
Oct 25, 2009 7:43 PM

Oct 2009
Haha this is the first anime that I've seen where I don't need subs, it's a pretty cool experience to be honest. And yeah animation, voice acting, music, etc. were all great. Pacing is slow, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The story seems interesting, and K-dramas always have really good stories.
Oct 25, 2009 8:35 PM

Aug 2007
Everything about this anime is pretty. Except the characters. Also, it's a bit unrealistic and silly in some parts. But ehh, it might get better.
Oct 25, 2009 9:44 PM

Nov 2007
My 2 months of Korean lessons are already paying off. Excellent.

The voice acting seemed pretty appropriate (gotta remember that Korean intonation sounds totally different from Japanese) and the animation looked great. Looking forward to more.
Oct 25, 2009 10:22 PM

Feb 2009
kasumisama said:
My 2 months of Korean lessons are already paying off. Excellent.

The voice acting seemed pretty appropriate (gotta remember that Korean intonation sounds totally different from Japanese) and the animation looked great. Looking forward to more.

That's true in some ways, but I've noticed that in a lot of Korean dubbed anime the voices are pretty similarly pitched as compared to the Japanese. Sometimes it sounds like the Japanese dub actors are speaking in Korean, or vice versa.

I think it may just be a stylistic choice to have the voices sound more "naturally", as it seems geared to a somewhat older audience (I'd say the series is more josei than shoujo) and the actors are not trained voice actors per se, but rather TV and film actors reprising their original roles.

Oct 26, 2009 12:53 AM

May 2007
I'm having mixed feelings about it. Knowing nothing about the production until I saw eps 00 and 01, I had no idea that it was going to be so Korean -- or so close to the kdrama.

What I'd like to know is... is it even the original actors reprising their roles or are they just taking sound bites from the actual kdrama?!? It's so similar that I kind of finding it unnerving -- the actual dialogue is the same as I remember it in parts. It's like having animated deja vu. I'm tempted to pull out an old copy of the kdrama and actually compare the lines. ;P

I think it's interesting that they kept so much of the same things... I feel like the animated characters are even dressed the exact same way they were in the drama. ...Is that level of faithfulness really required? You couldn't give her an updated outfit and a better hairstyle to wear to Paris? He really still has to wear the double knotted scarf and have that orangey dyed hair? Sigh. I don't know. I thought they took it a little too far.

I'll watch for another episode, but if it keeps up as an animated reenactment of the drama, I'll drop it (especially since the drama was hard enough for me to get through the first time -- I thought it was paced waaaay too slowly and I found myself getting really impatient with it when I watched it).
Oct 26, 2009 5:51 AM

Apr 2008
i havent seen the drama, but i enjoyed the first episode of this.

the only thing that bothers me is the voice acting, it sounds like they're just reading the script.

Oct 26, 2009 8:14 AM

May 2007
galaxxxy said:
the only thing that bothers me is the voice acting, it sounds like they're just reading the script.
The whole production of the original drama had a stoic reserve sort of thing going on, so it was a lot of slow, quiet moments: understated performances; pensive gazes out to the horizon; silent, single tears rolling down a cheek... so there was a kind of (intentional, I think) reserve to the delivery of their lines too. (I guess the plot had enough drama on its own! ;) )And, so far, they're sticking close to the original.

Also keep in mind that Korean sounds different from Japanese. ;)
Oct 26, 2009 9:42 AM
Nov 2008
Art is still pretty, music is still pretty, but I'm still not sure what I think of the characters and story. It was beter than episode 0 for sure, but I don't know if it's enough to stick with. I'll give it a few more episodes, but if it doesn't pick up, it'll be dropped for sure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 26 Discussion

Hercule - Oct 16, 2010

27 by Short_Circut »»
Oct 15, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 5 Discussion

Valentiln - Jan 4, 2010

12 by CatLoverMoshi »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 4 Discussion

ParaParaJMo - Nov 9, 2009

22 by Neil1998 »»
Dec 30, 2020 4:59 AM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 2 Discussion

neow_neow - Oct 25, 2009

46 by Neil1998 »»
Dec 29, 2020 1:40 PM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 23 Discussion

Siva - Sep 6, 2010

6 by 3miL »»
Sep 15, 2020 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.