Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beach episode. They are still maxed of course. The episode's OST/music was also wacky. There were so many priceless moments though that I had to facepalm this episode.

The girls looked cute though at least and they seem to be enjoying their time there.
Jul 24, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2007
Complete crew with new character. Happy summer time.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 24, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
That was awesome, the beach scene was memorable in the game. I couldn't stop laughing at the birth of venus, man Kanji's awesome.

This episode did touch me a couple of times. Loved the whole video camera stuff, pretty wise words there from the crew :')
Jul 24, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2010
Really fun and sweet ep ^^

Loved Marie's "Midnight Blue" Engrish XD Dat KanaHana :3

Yay! Yosuke's scooter is back XD

Didn't expect Chie has quite the bust XD Also Marie's mizugi was HOT *A*

Speedo Kanji's appearance was lol and how he covered his breasts instead of his downstairs was hilarious XD Also Birth of Venus was priceless XD

Loved the bonding and character development at the end. Really nice stuff. Loving Marie :)
Jul 24, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. No idea why it would slip me about that Kanji scene. Oh man they were too faithful to that. xD Also nice touch about Marie asking them about themselves. We may have missed the whole TV bits but its nice to see more about them.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 24, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2013
Ah the beach episode. Kanji was hilarious in the first part of the episode. Yukiko's cooking hasn't changed a bit lol. Judging by the title of the next episode, they are even going to animate the miracle quiz? That's interesting.
Jul 24, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2014
Yes, Kanji. You have a beautiful butt. Now go be born.

Wow, what a great episode. The months are flying by fast, so it gives me hope that the more serious parts in fall and december will be given some weight. Or by that I mean the other social link~
Jul 24, 2014 1:49 PM

Sep 2012
This was a nice pleasant episode.

Also is it just me or are Yuu and Marie getting in a nice pleasant "mood" lately? Plus notice how Yu didn't deny the accusation of Marie being his girlfriend this time. Hint hint maybe???
Jul 24, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2008
Seems like they really are going to be skipping the intros of characters and get right into it huh?. Well, I guess that's ok if you've seen the previous Persona 4 anime, so you can fill in all the blanks...well, most of them anyway. Wouldn't be as good if the previous anime hasn't been seen yet before this one.

I like Yosuke's taste in women's swimsuits. Good choice indeed.
Jul 24, 2014 2:10 PM
Sep 2013
Hmmm I didn't enjoy this as much as I was expecting to compared to the game version. Its probably that Marie has been pushed into this so much and I never really cared about her character.

Wow they're going to animate the quiz show, that's surprising.

Also
Jul 24, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode, Kanji made me laugh a lot.
Marie can't remember her past.
All characters have defeated their shadows and found their true selves.
Jul 24, 2014 2:24 PM

Mar 2013
Kanji kun wardrobe malfunction get to me in the game and now the Anime. Very funny.
Jul 24, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
The Birth of Kanji, that couldn't be missed.
It was a nice episode. The part with the videocamera was good.
Jul 24, 2014 4:12 PM

Nov 2012
That videocamera bit was pretty good..

Otherwise, episode was okay. I was suprised I was still laughing at the Kanji swimsuit incident even though I knew it was coming xDD
Jul 24, 2014 4:37 PM
Mar 2012
I loved the Birth of Venus scene.

Marie in a swimsuit~
Jul 24, 2014 4:49 PM

Feb 2014
I thought they all ignored her questions... Boy did I sell them short!
That camera part was really cool.
Kanji delivers the manliest birth of Venus XD

Really loved the episode and looking forward for the quiz show, also that Marie ED is beautiful.
Jul 24, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
Kanji!!! Being called a old man. Covering up the wrong spot at the beginning. That "Birth of Venus" xD

It sure felt nostalgic when they were answering Marie's question.
Jul 24, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2011
I really like the Camera scene just felt like a nice added bonus to the characters.

still really looking forward to the other events mainly the school band/ski trip ohh the ski trip :P
Jul 24, 2014 7:20 PM
Nov 2008

....I think im in love xD

This episode was pretty funny ^^. I thought it got a little boring towards the end but still entertaining overall. And yes >.>; Kanji parts were the best haha of course he would be that one person to wear a speedo.
Jul 24, 2014 7:57 PM

Sep 2012
Boombawks said:
Is that segment wit Marie always gonna happen before the OP? It's kinda getting rather old :/

They probably are, and if so it's cool because they're kind of important later...
Jul 24, 2014 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
How did Marie get to the beach again ? Was there a Velvet door near there. LOL
Jul 24, 2014 11:58 PM

Mar 2013
The only correct way to watch this anime is to skip every single Marie-centric scene and concentrate on the characters that have actual personalities.
Jul 25, 2014 5:25 AM

Jun 2011
Did they just reuse the animation from the Persona 4 Golden vita scene where they were driving to the beach? I am pretty sure they just used ripped it straight from the vita and reused it =/

The beach bit was funny but like last weeks city scene i found it even funnier when i played through it in the game but still funny in the anime never the less.

I enjoyed the video camera part at the end that was a rather nice touch. I will also be looking forward to the winter parts in this anime because in the game i loved going through the city with it covered in snow with that special Christmas background music you really felt like the time had past and you were reaching towards the ending after nearly a year had played through in the game.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 25, 2014 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
am i the only one who didn't see marie go to beach? when they ride their scooter? and she suddenly at the beach?

hilarious, beach scene's the best so far hahaha, poor kuma who have awake beside kanji's "boy". really laughed hard at "birth of venus", why would he protect his chest too? lol

and for the second part, a little comedy but good, they talk about theirselves and their friends, how to accept yourself and your surrounding :)

love this episode (y) <3
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 25, 2014 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
'Venus' Kanji was pure gold! XD

Yosuke does have a knack for buying swimsuits for the girls, and he chose a great one for Marie all right. =D

Also, Marie's video camera scene was a nice touch, giving good character development to the cast with their responses to her questions since finding their true selves.

I'm surprised that they're animating the miracle quiz, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless!
Jul 25, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
That was a nice little episode.

Ah the beach event. Gotta love Kanji and his "manhood"

Kinda feels weird at times to just see Marie dumped into these events but it's understandable if they want to give the viewers more sentimental feeling for her when
happens.

That camcorder segment was a very nice touch. Great way to show the development of the crew and how much they've, even though that's skipped for this version.

Are they really going to animate Teddie's Midnight Channel Quiz?!?! OH MAN! Just wait, calling it right now that
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Jul 25, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2012
"Shut up, ossan." OMG THAT GIRL IS AWESOME!
Beach fanservice? BEST EPISODE EVER. jk jk Marie's swimsuit *_*
Kanji is the best for comedy xD~ "Venus birth" OMGOMG

Good episode! ^^
Jul 25, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
YES!! lol.. I love how the producers just keep mixing serious moments (summoning persona) with comedy XD

Damn, Marie's hot with black.. can't say the same for Kenji though, that Birth of Venus! Has Chie's boobs always been that big?? well.. Yukiko's still the one for me!

They're really not gonna touch the murders at all, are they? just a little reference and that's it. I wonder how they're gonna tie it up with Marie's story come the end.
Jul 25, 2014 4:41 PM

Mar 2008
In terms of Marie getting to the beach, we are talking about the Velvet Room. No reason why it can't have doors anywhere really. Handy for saving transportation costs :).
Jul 26, 2014 8:04 AM

Feb 2014
Marie's poems at the beginning of every episode reminds me of Aika of Zetsuen No Tempest. Maybe because of Hanazawa Kana who is also doing the VA of Marie
Jul 27, 2014 6:44 AM
Dec 2011

Blow Job. Kuma is Souke,Bottom. >_<)

Why is a speedo graphic for boys and not for girls ? I want to see Kuma with speedo.
wigglejellyJul 27, 2014 6:47 AM
Jul 27, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
Kana Hanazawa voicing Marie is just GOLDEN. Having a lot of fun and nostalgia watching this series so far. I'm soooooo tempted to bust out my PS Vita (best purchase ever, haters) and play this again.
Jul 27, 2014 2:59 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
This makes me wanna play P4G again
This is so nice! Just a bunch of OVAs :D!

The little video recording thing at the end as they narrate while having fun with summer... wow, this gave me such a good warm feeling. Makes me wish I spent my summer times doing stuff like this!
Jul 28, 2014 1:41 AM

Mar 2011
Nice episode. Lol @ that bike gang in the begining ^_^
Jul 28, 2014 6:19 AM
Mar 2013
So I guess Marie’s poem in the beginning is a regular thing now. Hasn’t lost it’s charm yet. Damn it Kanji why are you so funny? Always the joker this guy ^_^

I really liked the second half of the episode. It had the old IdolMaster feel to it. Btw, what the heck were Yu and Amagi cooking? Those were some poisonous purple somen noodles xD
Jul 28, 2014 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
Is it a problem that I've never played this game, nor have I watched the previous anime? I'm seriously confused here with all the events jumping around and certain character spoilers being thrown out left and right.

The only things I get is that the MC has an ability to go to another dimension to fight weird demon-like thingys and that Marie is a girl who crossed paths with the MC but apparently has no memories besides all that. Other than that, for me at least, I feel like I'm watching a regular SOL with minor fantasy elements..

Anyone care to enlighten me on this series?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 28, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Is it a problem that I've never played this game, nor have I watched the previous anime? I'm seriously confused here with all the events jumping around and certain character spoilers being thrown out left and right.

The only things I get is that the MC has an ability to go to another dimension to fight weird demon-like thingys and that Marie is a girl who crossed paths with the MC but apparently has no memories besides all that. Other than that, for me at least, I feel like I'm watching a regular SOL with minor fantasy elements..

P4 Golden is listen on MAL as an Alternative Version but it really should be labeled a Sequel or Add-On to Persona 4 the Animation. "Technically" it takes place within the same time period, but there's an in-game mechanic that allows the protagonist (under certain circumstances) to repeat events up to the beginning of his year at Inaba -- with the same skills but left with no memories of that year, only intuition.

I suppose it's possible to enjoy some of the character moments without any context, but most of this anime (so far) has been fanservice of the purest kind for fans of the original series/game.

The plot is too complicated to summarize with any justice -- it took 25-26 episodes, after all, and the video game was around 60-70 hours minimum. Just give the original anime a watch then come back to Golden. It'll make far more sense and be far more enjoyable.
Jul 28, 2014 7:48 PM

Apr 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

You should absolutely stop watching P4GA. You will continue to have absolutely no idea what is going on. This is like a bonus for fans who have either completed the game or at least have seen the original P4A. Honestly, if I had only watched the original animated series, I probably would still have some trouble keeping pace and figuring out exactly where they were at in the timeline. I suggest playing the game because it is amazing but you could just watch the original series and get a good amount of the story.
Aug 3, 2014 5:23 AM

Jul 2010
There are some things that I don't understand like, how did Kuma joined the group?
But it was an heartwarming episode after all, fairly liked it.
Aug 4, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2012
Hm, so after all this is just fanservice for game players, no wonder this makes no sense at all.

But even that, I found slice-of-life in this episode pretty stupid, I think that's mainly because bad direction.

Guess I'll drop it for now.
Aug 5, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2007
Akanezora said:
There are some things that I don't understand like, how did Kuma joined the group?

This is pretty much a collection of the P4G Vita exclusive content in anime form. Either play the game or watch the regular P4 anime to get the real story.
Aug 5, 2014 8:31 PM

Nov 2008
lol how did Marie even get to the beach? She wasn't riding a scooter along with anyone. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 13, 2014 7:02 AM

Feb 2012
Missing or misplaced characters here and there. The scooter part... sometimes Yukiko's at the right side, sometimes at the left, lol. And where is Marie again.

Birth of Venus. Enuf said.

P4G is still on crack, but wow. Loved the ending! It felt so nostalgic T_T

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Nov 7, 2014 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
Akanezora said:

Well, in the original game, he just kind of left the T.V. world.

Dec 27, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2011
Wait, early July they discuss going to the beach, and late August the finally go? I thought the point was to not waste summer..

Might be for the better though, or they might have gone through more "births".
Mar 15, 2015 6:37 AM

Nov 2014
Another entertaining episodes. Lol at "Birth of Venus" XD
But compare to the previous persona 4, this series is more like comedy/slice of life than mystery or action, still liking it tho.
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Apr 24, 2016 12:31 AM

Nov 2012
Definitely an enjoyable summer episode for the mix fanservice, humor, and characters' insights.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jul 31, 2020 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
BEACH EPISODE-KUMA! Kanji's swimsuit disappointed me, really expected a mankini from that guy not a silly speedo well at least he bettered himself by wearing something more fanservice focused ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) KUMAYA!

Jan 1, 2022 9:47 AM

Oct 2019
So this is the beach episode. I was so excited to see the classic "I'm ready to be born, dammit!" line and it did not disappoint lol. Also, loved the Rise slander. I'm still getting used to the fact that this anime is focusing on Marie and mainly showing the slice of life aspects rather than the main plot, but it's growing on me.
May 23, 2023 3:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eheh good summer times, especially for Kanji (xD) But there are sure a lot of mysteries around Marie and her amnesia
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

41 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.