Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 12, 2009 8:12 AM
Feb 2009
1. ok episode, the series is indeed cliche but not bad enough to make me drop it yet

2. hmm... was surprise when luke actually nose bleeding, i thought he is cooler than that...

3. just realize that the left eye of luke looks slightly different from right eye and it is not due to drawing mistake.

4. kinda bug me a bit when i hear "it's the feature product that'll be out in the market next week" wtf, they gonna sell it?! (it wont bug me if that sword is just some ordinary sword...)
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 12, 2009 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
wow her breast plate just broke like that, but whats this about market and cargo? who exactly is that girl?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 12, 2009 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
Mmm Aria.
Oct 12, 2009 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
That's right Luke, have Cecilly stay back and let you handle stuff! xD

OH SHI-
Seriously, they had to go ahead and break Cecilly's boob-armor .. And why didn't she have anything at all beneath it?

So then, anyone except me who thinks the man in black clothes and hood is Siegfried, that knight guy in the meeting?

Aria seems nice enough : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 12, 2009 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Xelzy said:
Much better than the piece of crap from last time, if it continues like this ill continue watching. Also, enough with the OMFGQQWTFKATANA > Swords already ._.

Remind me of the "Hit of the year" Wii game "GDODAMN-mah-sword-broke-agen-Muramasa" ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 12, 2009 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
I thought having a show like this, Manglobe would at least be able to deliver in animation and overall style, but no, there was a distinct drop from the first episode. I'm also very disappointed in my lack of ability in seeing that this is the type of show that has big-boobed girls' clothes randomly rip off for the sake of comedy (without any sense of irony).

Oh well.
Oct 12, 2009 6:16 PM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 2 and i thought it was pretty good.
i didnt really like the fighting part of the episode, i dont think it was anything special but the episode was still really enjoyable.

ill rate the episode a 3/5, hope it starts to get better soon which i think it will since the main story plot is supposed to start next episode i believe.
Oct 12, 2009 11:41 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i thought this was quite a funny episode. Luke's yell of pain especially! lol
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 13, 2009 12:13 AM

Feb 2008
Cecily's speeches bore me...and that's annoying. Lawl
But it's less annoying than the first ep.
But I like the first ep better, I guess. It was a lot interesting than this one.
Hopefully the story becomes a lot more interesting as it progresses. (rather than the opposite)
I love Lisa and more than being jealous of her boobs when the armor cracked, she was more amazed. xD So cute. Haha~
Luke is an innocent tsuntsun. Lawl
I love the ED x'3
I hate the flaws, but it doesn't bother me too much that I would wanna hang myself. Lawl xD (I hope it stays that way)
Oh, I just heard Byakuya, Kakashi, Jiraiya and Elder(Chrno Crusade) xD haha~
Lastly, the best part has got to be when Luke let out a nosebleed. If only he didn't open his eyes again, maybe she'd spare him...........not. xD
Although I hate the fact that they add somewhat of an ecchi in this series even though it's not really entirely needed. It's generic that way. :'/ I hope they don't do it in every episode...it can get annoying.

Oct 13, 2009 12:24 AM

Jul 2009
Lija-chan said:
I hate the flaws, but it doesn't bother me too much that I would wanna hang myself. Lawl xD (I hope it stays that way)

Awww, man, and here I was hoping to see a 3-D version of Zetsubou Sensei :(

Oct 13, 2009 12:28 AM
Nov 2008
I liked this episode too.I don't see what's really so unbearably annoying about cecily...and i don't think this anime has the most generic and cliche'd plot ever. I find the characters amusing .I'm gonna keep watching it.
Oct 13, 2009 12:43 AM

May 2008
well that was ok , at least im enjoying the op and ed

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 13, 2009 5:37 AM

Jun 2008
Aria looks great, I'll still give it more eps to see more of her. I just hope someone hooks up in the end. Cecily isn't that annoying to me either, I find her alright and cute. Plus I love the ED<3
Oct 13, 2009 6:30 AM

Feb 2008
Cecily is annoying.There I bring it up again.
Oct 13, 2009 6:52 AM

Feb 2008
BitchMaster said:
Lija-chan said:

:'< Aww...
I wouldn't hang myself, but I would prolly bang my head on the wall/desk. :'D

Oct 13, 2009 6:54 AM

Jan 2009
Lija-chan said:
BitchMaster said:
Lija-chan said:

Pfft hanging's too expensive, I mean, you even have to buy a Rope or something to hang in O.O
But sure, facedesks and facewalls are pretty nice :'D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 13, 2009 8:28 AM
Apr 2008
I don't really dislike Cecily but I don't really like her too. Her biggest problem is her ARMOR! It's just not right. Somehow, it ruins her image ( for me, at least). I hope they would just change her outfit in some point in the series! Then, everything will work out fine. It's not likely going to happen, though.
Oct 13, 2009 9:22 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, Cecily is annoying xD
Luke instead is cute, and Lisa is super cute <3
Let's see how's this Aria, i think i'll like her... surely more than Cecily o.o
Waiting for the next ep!
Oct 13, 2009 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
theanimeis said:
Cecily is annoying.There I bring it up again.

This guy has Asuka in his favorites and likes Lacus.

PurifyingArrow said:
Yeah, Cecily is annoying xD
Luke instead is cute, and Lisa is super cute <3
Let's see how's this Aria, i think i'll like her... surely more than Cecily o.o
Waiting for the next ep!

Haruhi in your favorites.
That's it, from now on you should probably avoid calling any character annoying for the next 500 years.
Oct 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Aug 2008
Even if they have bad taste, Cecily is annoying and a terrible version of her archetype.
Oct 13, 2009 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Lija-chan said:
BitchMaster said:
Lija-chan said:

Pfft hanging's too expensive, I mean, you even have to buy a Rope or something to hang in O.O

Facedesks? Facewalls? Why not going back to the good old... FACEPALM?!! Oh wai-, come to think of it, that was the cheapest solution and less painful, rite, rite?

Oct 13, 2009 11:57 AM

Oct 2007
Well more than saying they have bad taste, the question is... how can they able to handle their favorite character like Asuka and Haruhi but calling Cecily is annoying? Doesn't calling Cecily annoying is the same calling Haruhi/Asuka the queen of annoying?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 13, 2009 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
Well more than saying they have bad taste, the question is... how can they able to handle their favorite character like Asuka and Haruhi but calling Cecily is annoying? Doesn't calling Cecily annoying is the same calling Haruhi/Asuka the queen of annoying?

B-but I always thought that Haruhi and Asuka are GDODAMN annoying, especially Haruhi since Asuka at least can be cute at times... Urgh, but like Monad said, I can't ever say that I hate Lacus though, she's just too cute and her "just as planned" face hidden under that sweet profile is just FABULOUS!!! <:3

Hey wai-, I never said I thought Cecily was annoying so what the heck am I rambling about? 0-o

*got caught and got back in Asylum*

Oct 13, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
I really doubt that the katana is the best sword ever. I'll take the jian instead. But anyways Aria seems to be the replacement weapon for Cecily's sword. And the little elf girl has a thing for giant breasts. Also I'm pretty sure that breast plate would be very uncomfortable and chafe at the skin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2009 9:20 PM

Oct 2009
CkretAznMan said:
I really doubt that the katana is the best sword ever. I'll take the jian instead. But anyways Aria seems to be the replacement weapon for Cecily's sword. And the little elf girl has a thing for giant breasts. Also I'm pretty sure that breast plate would be very uncomfortable and chafe at the skin.

Actually heard that Katana can break all medieval swords.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 14, 2009 5:41 AM

Feb 2008
BitchMaster said:
Oosran said:
Lija-chan said:
BitchMaster said:
Lija-chan said:

Facedesks? Facewalls? Why not going back to the good old... FACEPALM?!! Oh wai-, come to think of it, that was the cheapest solution and less painful, rite, rite?
Yep, they're less painful and the quickest way to show your disappointment when you don't really need pain along with it.
However for me, desks and walls help when your head is in pain and the only way to stop the ache is by hitting your head. Why not use a solid one? ^_^
Since I'm in front of my desk, nearest one, quite helpful when you hate what you're seeing. :'D -thumbs up-
And yes, you would need to buy a friggin' rope to hang yourself! D': I dun wanna have to use my money (even if I was to die xD) just to hang myself!
Oh, but maybe I can ask Zetsubou-sensei to lend me one sometime if the flaws gets totally unbearable. ;'D

@CkretAznMan
It's true that it would. But it's not breast then armor, it's breast then top, THEN armor. But the director said to take away the clothing once the armor breaks so that her boobies would show so that Luke gets an innocent guy's nosebleed so that Cecily beats the crap out of Luke. Just so they can fill the whole episode up. :'|
Whatever freakin' happened to previews?! D'<
Manglobe, you disappoint me. -bangs head on desk- D'x

Oct 14, 2009 8:32 AM

Jan 2008
francismeunier said:
CkretAznMan said:

light blades (e.g. wushu jians) are hammered down molded steel just like most other swords (Chinese weapons' pinnacle lay in pollarms).
Katanas ARE a lot better than any other heavy-sword class weapon (middle-eastern damascus blade dominates the lighter version), and when exchanging blows against a medieval sword of its era it can probably chip or put a sizeable dent in the other.

...but not slice through like knife thru butter... I may be a katana fan but that's way too overexaggerated

On that note, something along Saber Lily's breastplate would make Cecily's armor look a LOT better

noteDhero said:

Cecily is annoying and a terrible version of her archetype.

Really? with extreme-end tsunderes like Louise and Shana? I rather find Cecily mild and refreshing
Oct 14, 2009 10:00 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it. It had its moments.

Oct 14, 2009 3:46 PM

Oct 2009
Aorii-chan said:
francismeunier said:

light blades (e.g. wushu jians) are hammered down molded steel just like most other swords (Chinese weapons' pinnacle lay in pollarms).
Katanas ARE a lot better than any other heavy-sword class weapon (middle-eastern damascus blade dominates the lighter version), and when exchanging blows against a medieval sword of its era it can probably chip or put a sizeable dent in the other.

Just saw on a show that they proved it but not sure if it's believable. You saw it is impossible to have it cut through like a Claymore or knight sword?

Oct 14, 2009 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Aorii-chan said:
francismeunier said:

Just saw on a show that they proved it but not sure if it's believable. You saw it is impossible to have it cut through like a Claymore or knight sword?
Depends on the wielder, if the wielder can gave a clean hit with a perfect angle, it's not impossible though the classic Katana probably had much better qualities than the modern, i wonder what will happened when Katana clash with Kris
Oct 14, 2009 4:26 PM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Aorii-chan said:
francismeunier said:

Depends on the wielder, if the wielder can gave a clean hit with a perfect angle, it's not impossible though the classic Katana probably had much better qualities than the modern, i wonder what will happened when Katana clash with Kris

Ah ok, interesting information. It depends on the angle. So in Luke's case he got the angle right.

Oct 14, 2009 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Aorii-chan said:
francismeunier said:

Ah ok, interesting information. It depends on the angle. So in Luke's case he got the angle right.
Dunno, some Master Swordsman can tell who is a better swordsman just by looking the cut, Miyamoto Musashi and the elder of Yagyu did this once, based on Novel of course
Oct 14, 2009 6:41 PM

Dec 2008
this series is a bit disappointing story-line wise, but Luke is cool! lolz ;D
i'll probably keep watching this for nao but i may end up dropping it at one point unless it picks up the pace and gets a better-developed and interesting plot XD
Oct 14, 2009 9:15 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Aorii-chan said:
francismeunier said:

You guys live in your own imagination because of your love of katana swords. No sword can cut through metal like it was shown in the anime.
Katanas are truly very sharp but if you think that they can slice your opponents sword in two then you are just imagining things. A sword only breaks from the impact and only if the sword was abusively used reaching it's limit or because it was badly made.
And there is no better sword. Each sword has it's own fighting style and it depends on the users and the conditions. For example a katana will probably cut you hand easier than a medieval sword like the one Cecilia had but her sword can impale you and brake the armor defense more easy.
Oct 15, 2009 12:38 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Aorii-chan said:
francismeunier said:

You guys live in your own imagination because of your love of katana swords. No sword can cut through metal like it was shown in the anime.
Katanas are truly very sharp but if you think that they can slice your opponents sword in two then you are just imagining things. A sword only breaks from the impact and only if the sword was abusively used reaching it's limit or because it was badly made.
And there is no better sword. Each sword has it's own fighting style and it depends on the users and the conditions. For example a katana will probably cut you hand easier than a medieval sword like the one Cecilia had but her sword can impale you and brake the armor defense more easy.

Yes I agreed but I saw on the internet "some show called Myth Buster" that it does cut through medieval swords. Also it cuts a bullet in half from that same show.

Oct 15, 2009 1:21 AM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Monad said:
francismeunier said:
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:
Aorii-chan said:
francismeunier said:

Yes I agreed but I saw on the internet "some show called Myth Buster" that it does cut through medieval swords. Also it cuts a bullet in half from that same show.

No what you saw was a katana vs Katana. And it didn't cut through but the other sword broke. The reason it broke was because it was made of stainless steel. This material is horrible for swords. It's good for making kitchen knifes but stainless steel swords brake easily. Lot's of shops sell stainless steel katanas since they think it's just for putting it on display but if you actually try to slice things up with it, the sword will soon brake if not by the first try. Real swords should be made by high carbon steel.
Also the katana never managed to cut the bullet despite the pullet being heated and the blade being used by a machine with a lot more power than the human hand.
So a sword can brake but not be sliced threw. And a good sword that isn't worn out is impossible to brake. Also i have to tell you that in an actual fight the katana was more likely to brake than the sword that guy was using. That sword was big, maybe a two-hand claymore is the closest i can think and because of it's weight the impact of the hit is stronger. So if a katana and a two-hand claymore hit with each other until one breaks, there is no way that the claymore would brake first.
Sorry but this is basically what you where doing.
MonadOct 15, 2009 2:18 PM
Oct 15, 2009 2:09 AM

Oct 2009
Monad said:

Seems I was deceived by the show. Thanks for letting me know. I will beware of the internet stuff more.

Oct 15, 2009 1:58 PM

Jan 2008
Monad said:

No what you saw was a katana vs Katana. And it didn't cut through but the other sword broke. The reason it broke was because it was made of stainless steel. This material is horrible for swords. It's good for making kitchen knifes but stainless steel swords brake easily. Lot's of shops sell stainless steel katanas since they think it's just for putting it on display but if you actually try to slice things up with it, the sword will soon brake if not by the first try. Real swords should be made by high carbon steel.

I lol'd as soon as you mentioned Stainless Steel swords. Yeah, good for look at, easy to clean, horrible for just about anything else, doesn't even sharpen well.

I practice with a carbon-steel katana and I can tell you - it doesn't even slice through wood cleanly (usually it just breaks something and send fractures all the way through), let alone steel. Mass-produced carbon-steel blades aren't quite the same quality as the master-swordsmith-forged katanas yet, but its hardness isn't that far off either.

Against any greatsword of at least decent quality steel, a katana will fail first simply because the opposition has so much more cross-sectional area to reinforce its front. Once again, break not slice.
Oct 16, 2009 1:30 AM
Jan 2009
Am I the only one who is actually enjoying the anime??? I believe there is so much potential, and since it is only 12 eps long, the story is going to pick up from next ep, till the end.

Manglobe has never let me down...
Oct 16, 2009 7:00 AM

Jan 2009
Wani_Me said:
Am I the only one who is actually enjoying the anime??? I believe there is so much potential, and since it is only 12 eps long, the story is going to pick up from next ep, till the end.

Manglobe has never let me down...

Don't worry, you're not alone, I too, for one, also thinks that this might be pretty good, even if it is quite generic. But well, generic doesn't have to spell bad : D
Oct 16, 2009 2:17 PM

Feb 2009
It was a good episode, anyone would have assumed the fight with Luke would be shortlived due to his out of the blue ability, nevertheless it was good, it was really funny when her metal braw thingy broke, best part of the episode, comedy wise. Not so much looking forward to next week, that new girl looks pretty boring, just sex appeal I guess!
Oct 16, 2009 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
Sami092 said:
that new girl looks pretty boring, just sex appeal I guess!

What'cha on about? She looks like she'll be the best part of this show : O Apart maybe from Luke's forging methods
Oct 18, 2009 12:38 AM
Jul 2009
lol "those were pretty damn big"
Oct 19, 2009 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
Damn. There I was praising The Scared Blacksmith in the first episode discussion saying how it's nice to see a female protagonist that doesn't beat up the male lead in a show like this, but they have to go and ruin everything a couple of minutes into the second episode. Oh well, I guess it was inevitable. It was a good episode nevertheless and I'm enjoying the series so far. Seems like the new character turns into a sword... I sense a long monologue in the coming episodes. I hope it doesn't follow the same route Valkyria Chronicles did and introduces something too radical.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 19, 2009 10:28 AM

Jan 2009
Touka said:
Damn. There I was praising The Scared Blacksmith in the first episode discussion saying how it's nice to see a female protagonist that doesn't beat up the male lead in a show like this, but they have to go and ruin everything a couple of minutes into the second episode. Oh well, I guess it was inevitable.

I told 'ya, didn't I?: D
Oct 20, 2009 6:24 AM

Jan 2009
OftheFlesh said:

oh and Cecile's breastplate stands out too much, I always end up looking at it whenever she's in a scene, and I don't usually pay attention to that stuff.

This. It seems to just pop out of the scene, might be the drawing.

At the start I thought I was watching the wrong anime. Ah well boring episode but cute Lisa and nice finishing slash made up for it to a certain extent.
Oct 20, 2009 7:53 AM

Jan 2009
Horrible episode, no development at all, just a few introduction of characters.

Also WTF LOLI ELF ED LOLI ELF ED LOLI ELF ED LOLI ELF ED.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 20, 2009 9:28 AM

May 2008
So mystery man is up to no good. Well that's clearly obvious. I hope the story picks up soon. They've only provided a little bit of background to the world with the beginning scene, but still no significant progression in the actual story.
Oct 21, 2009 9:35 AM

Jan 2008
this show has a pretty slow pace so far for only 12 episodes. it seems like it has potential but i dunno. i dig medieval style shows so i'll watch it regardless. i think luke is kind of a douche though. it seems like he is suppose to be a cool guy but something is just lacking imo
Oct 23, 2009 9:27 PM

Dec 2007
I really liked it. I hope the story would be more interesting, and the story picks up soon as well. Aria looks hot to me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by aoo-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.