Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2009
Why does no one wish for the opposite and lose on purpose?
Jun 20, 2014 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
DGemu said:
This writing makes my head hurt...
Don't know if my curiosity can take me to season 2 or not.

Yeah, that's sort of how I feel. The ending of this season felt very contrived and rushed. Generally, good writing follows structure, even for plot-twists and cliffhangers - dragging on questions for several months doesn't make me want to keep watching, it makes me want to quit. :<
remaking my signature!
lol I never actually ended up remaking it, oop. ; ;
Jun 20, 2014 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
What did i miss? I watched the episode but i didnot see Iona's turning into the LRIG from Ruko??
Shit happens.
Jun 20, 2014 1:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty cool ending, definitely left you waiting for more

luckily S2's coming in just a few months
Jun 20, 2014 2:11 AM

Jun 2012
And season 1 ends here.

So far, it feels like it didn't manage to accomplish what it wanted to.

For starters, the setting was interesting, but the plot ended up way too forced.
Additionally, most of the characters that appeared seemed pretty one dimensioned, and the MC especially was way too weak, even towards the end.

As a result, every episode felt less interesting than the previous one.
This was pretty disappointing, considering that this is labeled as a psychological series.

Tama's VA did a pretty good job, but goddamn was the character annoying.

The animation was mediocre, the soundtrack was mediocre.
In general, the total package was the essence of average.

However, the final moments of the final part of the final episode were pretty surprising, probably because the characters did something that wasn't typical of them for once.

After that plot twist, they have the opportunity to make the second season way better.

5/10 for this season.
Jun 20, 2014 2:13 AM

Jan 2011
I don't think this is particularly good, but it was good enough to make me want to see what would happen next. Damn, Iona as Ruko's LRIG, wonder how Aki-lucky will respond to that since it looks like she'll be a selector again next season.
Jun 20, 2014 2:18 AM

May 2014
For an original story it didn't suck balls and was doing things right by focusing on the characters, but since this is Mari Okada making up the script each week she had to rely on basic character melodrama with some plot development thrown in to tie things together.

But once she got to a certain point when Yuzuki's arc was complete she didn't seem to know what to do with these characters and concepts, on top of having to deal with an ending that links toward season 2.

I hope the scriptwriter picks up the soap with these characters, this series has a good thing going on in them.

EDIT: But it can also be just wishful thinking.
T3hSourceJun 20, 2014 3:04 AM
Jun 20, 2014 2:58 AM

May 2013
What a wish. Was she really that desperate to become Ruuko's LRIG?
Hitoe has her memories back. Midoriko is alive.
Cliffhangers like this are okay. Pretty decent.
I get the feeling that Ruuko's grandmother is somewhat 'connected' to Tama. Just a thought though.

This season is good so I gave it a fair score of 7. I hope that the 2nd season might be better.
Jun 20, 2014 2:58 AM

May 2013
Well, what the freaking heck? 11/10 banged!

Nah, guys, J.C Staff is just like this, the bgm in the opening was chilling. I really wonder what Tama did wished for and damn Mayu for deceiving her. So Iona is now Ruko's WIXOSS? Well, well, well, 9/10, I'm being honest here!

Selector Spread WIXOSS to air in Fall HYPED.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 20, 2014 3:06 AM

Sep 2012
damn it Tama you had ONE job :/

and now Ru ends up together with the creepy lady... cant even imagine how Ru is gonna work together with her during S2 since she became the new LRIG... ==

So, S2 will be about "I shall find Tama, and attempt to fulfill my wish again"? somehow feel this series could drag even longer, but hey I am happy with the pacing and plots etc. Decent OP and ED too~

well done JC! let's hope they do the same or even better for S2 :D

time to get my hands on this card game irl
Jun 20, 2014 3:13 AM

Jul 2012
I found this incredibly exciting and frustrating at the same time. The entertainment factor was very high though, that's for sure.

So many twists and turns, some predictable, some really unexpected. Regardless, I need answers. It's going to be painful waiting for S2.
Jun 20, 2014 3:14 AM

Aug 2013
winter_mint said:
damn it Tama you had ONE job :/

and now Ru ends up together with the creepy lady... cant even imagine how Ru is gonna work together with her during S2 since she became the new LRIG... ==

So, S2 will be about "I shall find Tama, and attempt to fulfill my wish again"? somehow feel this series could drag even longer, but hey I am happy with the pacing and plots etc. Decent OP and ED too~

well done JC! let's hope they do the same or even better for S2 :D

time to get my hands on this card game irl

ikr the anime is certainly doing its job of advertising wixoss >O< since episode one i wanted to buy the wixoss cards and learn how to play :L ^-^
Jun 20, 2014 3:43 AM

Feb 2012
Is it autumn already? Please? Pretty please?

I saw that one coming. I kinda knew Iona will win, but I totally never expected her to become Ruuko's LRIG. But now it makes sense perfectly. Can't wait to see how Ru will deal with this. I'm hyped.
Jun 20, 2014 4:52 AM

May 2013
I was already sold at the 'cute girls playing card games idea' but this is far better than I expected.
Probably anime of the year for me.

I'm now more excited for season 2 than I am the FSN remake, which was my previously most anticipated show.
Jun 20, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
Haha I completely forgot about how much Aki-lucky hates Iona. I wonder what'll happen when Aki-lucky meets Iona-Ulith/Urisu.

Ru wants to free all LRIGs out of the card but I doubt Iona-LRIG would approve of that since she wants to battle forever. It's just going to be Tama 2.0 where the LRIG doesn't approve of her wish. In other words, Ru is f*cked unless she changes her wish or miraculously gets Tama back.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 20, 2014 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
Ruu won it and me thinking a Madoka type of end which I was excited to witness but then... that... rug pulled under and afterwards I can't help but feel she got SCREWED! And now she posses the battle freak in the card with her to battle forever!

Tama why! And don't say Ruuko screwed Ruuko...
Jun 20, 2014 5:52 AM
Jan 2013
Aw, looks like somebody from the higher ups of Wixoss had interfered. And whoa, Iona despite of losing manage to get her wish, man watta double standard.

If my guess is right Tama will be Akira's LRIG on the next season.
Baddie007Jun 20, 2014 6:06 AM
Jun 20, 2014 5:55 AM

Mar 2013
Iona was looking for someone to battle with, and now she found her, that's all.

Ustnap : That's what I thought, but I think she rather needs Ru to win and her card to be LRIG-free, that's what happened when she was nearly becoming a LRIG I guess
Jun 20, 2014 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
Deconstruction of Card Game genre anime.
Battoru cocaine addicted Bitches FTW!
Ruu x Iona OTP

9/10 for this series

[Tanoshi Intensifies]
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 20, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2013
EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC Finale
can't wait for season 2.
Midoriko Showed up :(
Iona is creeby as Lrig.
Poor Ru.
Jun 20, 2014 7:18 AM

Dec 2009
Holy moly that last scene. So Iona's wish was to become Ruuko's LRIG? Wow. Holy shit moment.

Can't wait for season 2. The last episode made this go from 8/10 to 9/10.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 20, 2014 7:40 AM

Sep 2012
I'm tired of you, Stark.

Best Anime this season.

Cya in the Fall!
Jun 20, 2014 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
Just when I thought that nothing more can surprise me in this show but no, there had to be another twist in the end. Can't wait for the second season.

Jun 20, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2013
....Damn that Mayu chick that's wearing Kyubey's eyes for earrings.

I was expecting a cliffhanger ending, so I'll save my questions for October. Very good show for the card game genre and one of my favourites this season along with Ping Pong and Mushishi
Jun 20, 2014 8:07 AM

Dec 2012
I guess this show doesn't know how to hold back on the plot twists, they just kept coming one after the other right to the very end. This conclusion has left me with nothing but questions and a slightly longer jaw.

As a whole this series was the biggest surprise of the season for me. What I thought was going to be a mediocre card game turned out to be a mediocre card game...oh and an engaging story wrapped in mystery, endearing characters who pulled me into caring about their struggle, and an emotional roller coaster that kept me thinking "no way, it can't get any worse than tha--oh...oh it got worse. But it's not like it can get any mor--OH NO WAY, IT JUST GOT WORSE!"

Initially I was disappointed that the card game was never properly explained, but the matches were never meant to be the central focus and I feel it did a good job at forwarding the story with the conditions that came with WIXOSS as well as fleshing out the characters through their victories and losses.

Had my sights set on giving this an 8/10 up until the last episode. Now a 9/10 sounds more likely.
Jun 20, 2014 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
i wonder what was iona's wish
it was a bit lame that ru's wish didn't come true, though...
can't wait for next season :3
Jun 20, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2012
That cliffhanger ending DAFUQ!
The most shocking ending this season...
Can't wait for season in Fall
8/10
Jun 20, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2010
It's ok, the ending wasn't shitty or something, not very decisive either, but it's really ok when the follow-up is confirmed. Now that Iona is Ru's LRIG, this anime has even more potential.
Jun 20, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2014
Man, those matching phrases from Tama and Ruko's grandmother in the end give me the chills
Jun 20, 2014 10:34 AM
Oct 2013
Not a bad way to end here, looking forward to the second half.
Jun 20, 2014 11:12 AM
Mar 2013
I just rewatched episode 1 and in the scene of Ruko in the train, for a second, a panel with the title appear. Instead of "Selector", in the panel is written "Select or".
What this means? Maybe a hint?
If so, then the "message" hidden in the title would be "Select or infected we cross" like in, "decide your wish, or fucked up things will happen", or even a warning from Mayu for the LRIGs, saying that if they don't follow the "plan" and battle, they will never be freed from this endless circle.
Am I thinking too much, or this makes sense for anyone one else?
Jun 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Mar 2009
so that was Iona's wish~ ... a strong battle partner

good thing that the season 2 was already announced... need more WIXOSS
Jun 20, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2014
@Dheito
You're onto something here, but I'm not speculating stuff even Okada, the scriptwriter hasn't even thought of.
Jun 20, 2014 1:33 PM
Aug 2011
It was very well done. I am sure that Tama is going to be the new LRIG of our lovely Aki Lucky. :)
Jun 20, 2014 1:37 PM

Dec 2013
Gorgeous episode. Since the second season has already been confirmed and is very close i didn't care about the open end.

In the previous episode I was worried about how it would develop to the end and would have room for an entire new season, I was highly satisfied.

Iona is crazy and now i don't know how Ru will fulfill her wish, since I doubt very much that Iona will agree to end the game. Since the last episode Akira didn't appear, I wonder what she's up to, i can see Tama being herLRIG, that'd be crazy.
Jun 20, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
Wow them plot twists, closest show to madoka's brilliance i've seen yet.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 20, 2014 6:00 PM

Jun 2009
Oh....

It's not finished...

Oh...

Wtf... Wow...

How do I rate this crap?

Guess I'll put the rating of this season on hold.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2014 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
WTF ?

That's all I can say.
Jun 20, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
Nooo Tama :(
Jun 20, 2014 7:39 PM

Mar 2014
Damn! So much happened...
-Iona's wish gets granted.
-Ulith is now in Iona's body
-Tama is gone who knows where
-Iona replaces Tama as Ru's LRIG
WHAT? I don't even...
Also, We never found out what Iona's wish was.... To become Ru's LRIG perhaps?
Season 2 will be interesting is all I can say.
Zanos1Jun 20, 2014 7:47 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 20, 2014 9:31 PM

Nov 2012
babymilo91 said:
Wait so Iona's wish was that she wanted to be Ruko's LRIG?! That is just crazy. I don't get why that was her wish though.
Probably because Ruuko has Iona's original body.

4.5/10 the premise was ok, but the execution was very poorly done.
Jun 20, 2014 10:39 PM

Apr 2013
all i can say is
GGAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

and i liked it
Jun 20, 2014 10:42 PM
Oct 2007
Ok from the ending Tama must really have the power to grant a special wish because she was pulled to the white room and basically brainwashed into not doing the spell. The girl must have feared what would happen to stop Tama from granting the wish.
Jun 20, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
HOW COULD TAMA NOT FEEL UNIMPORTANT
she is listed as a supporting character ONLY a SUPPORTING CHARACTER T.T
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22273/Selector_Infected_WIXOSS/characters

EVEN YUZUKI'S TWIN IS A "main character"
jtyeonJun 20, 2014 11:12 PM
Jun 20, 2014 11:05 PM

Feb 2011
well that was unexpected
Jun 20, 2014 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
Grandma's voice sounds a bit off.

Extra sound effects in the op.

Iona really is a strange one, I wonder what her wish is?

Midorikko didn't die :D

Dat bitch really did convince Tama...

Oh so Iona's wish was to become the LRIG of a strong opponent? An interesting way to end the 1st season to say the least, I wonder where Tama went?
Jun 21, 2014 3:13 AM

Jun 2014
Finally felt the need to register and post on this site!
After that ending, whoah...... MINDBLOWN + JAWDROP + DAZED for about 10 minutes

The villain wins, and heroes feel the despair! I probably felt the same after Yagami Light kills off L in Death Note manga.

Funny how Iona's so possessive "..MY Kominato Ruko". And she already starts calling her "Ru" even before she's her LRIG!
Jun 21, 2014 5:15 AM

Nov 2012
I'm so happy Midoriko is still alive, which means Piruluk is also still there somewhere.
I wonder who Piruluk's Selector is/will be Ha-zuki or maybe U-ona. Piruluk and U-ona just imagine that.
"Another crazy bitch... really? Are you serious?"

Also, inb4 Akira/Tama team up and Akira's redemption.
Akira developing a soft spot for Tama and maybe even being a bit tsundere (kinda like Accelerator and Last Order), wouldn't that be wonderful?
Jun 21, 2014 5:21 AM
Apr 2013
Aikami said:
I'm so happy Midoriko is still alive, which means Piruluk is also still there somewhere.
I wonder who Piruluk's Selector is/will be Ha-zuki or maybe U-ona. Piruluk and U-ona just imagine that.
"Another crazy bitch... really? Are you serious?"

Also, inb4 Akira/Tama team up and Akira's redemption.
Akira developing a soft spot for Tama and maybe even being a bit tsundere (kinda like Accelerator and Last Order), wouldn't that be wonderful?

I agree that Akira will probably get Tama as her LRIG. Aki-lucky will still want to crush Iona though so she will probably want to make RU lose so Iona's wish is taken away if anything.
Jun 21, 2014 5:40 AM

Feb 2007
The interesting thing is, I'm not 100% sure it was actually Mayu and not an effect of Ulith's attack, seeing how Iona and Ulith had been manipulating Ruuko and Tama into this for the whole time. I guess the second season will finally show us what's really going on here.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.