Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, Welfin's fear reminds me a bit of Knov. Poor him. I actually kinda like this guy as a Chimera Ant. Pretty intense episode overall.

Ah Welfin....

I liked how the episode captured some of the moments back when the King was playing with Komugi at Shogi. Ah I missed that.

Stark700Jun 17, 2014 2:23 PM
Jun 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2008
Man, I love Welfin's VA. Another great episode. Pouf finally lost and the King remembers Komugi.

Can't wait for the next episode. One of my favorite moments in the manga coming up.
Jun 17, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2013
Jun 17, 2014 11:11 AM

Dec 2008
Guilek said:
Did they animate this : http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/hunter-x-hunter/311/13/ ?

Yes.
Jun 17, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
Oh yes ! Madhouse I shouldn't have doubted of you.
Jun 17, 2014 11:39 AM

Jan 2011
Vanser said:
Guilek said:
Did they animate this : http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/hunter-x-hunter/311/13/ ?

Yes.

Yeah , I want to see the episode now
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
They actually animated that!?
Cool.

Now, I hope "GoT is to LS&CH as HxH is to Gyro" doesn't become a thing.

Don't look 'LS' and 'GoT' up at the same time, btw.
Jun 17, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
Welfin losing all his hair and that hundred year old face. That pressure for Welfin on that one word is between life and death.
He was able to say what he wanted at the end, didn't affect Meruem in the least bit.
Pouf failing his goal is now completely speechless. He got spared even before Meruem reverted back to his "human" self.

That was pretty intense for Welfin, he could had died in a split second!
Jun 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
I'm on the verge to cry, my heart tightened up so much when Welfin was confronting the King.

The King chose his answer, but it's too late.

I like how this arc is so theatrical, I find that it definitely worth the building up over the year.
Jun 17, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
SO intense and epic.Moment when Meruem's memories became all clear and colorful (with that amazing OST) was an absolute masterpiece scene.You did a good job Welfin, now take a rest you old man.
Meruem...what a brilliant character.Seriously, you don't see villains on that level often...by often i mean almost never.

Next week last episode of the arc? i almost can't believe it.Hopefully it's going to be a good end, like whole arc.
Jun 17, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2012
Oh god so amazing.
I just want to see
commonsageJun 17, 2014 12:43 PM
Jun 17, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2013
Good episode. Interesting to know that the bomb also contained poison.
Jun 17, 2014 12:47 PM

May 2013
I'm probably the only one who thinks like this but I dislike how Meruem doesn't give a shit about his guards. Youpi died when he was trying to save Meruem's ass yet he sees Youpi's corpse and is like ''what ever''. Honestly they deserved a better leader.

Episode was good, a few scenes had misplaced OST and bad transitions. Hope that they will give us a perfect episode next week.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 17, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 2012
I actually felt Welfin's fear when the king was a bout to eat him. That was crazy. He actually aged from all that fear, just like that other guy, I forgot his name. And it seems Netero didn't die in vain after all, so even if the king survives the bomb he'd still die from the poisoning. So Netero basically took out 2 Royal Guards and possibly the king after death.
Jun 17, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
So are they going to reveal who is Gyro?
Cause I'm curious to know who he is.
Jun 17, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2008
Very intense episode. Looks like King completely went to the human side when he remembered.
Jun 17, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Perfect!!! Brilliantly done >.< DEM FEELZ!!! T^T

Meruem is just so awesome! Just look at the way he reacted to Komugi's name! Everything changed. His wavering vanished. And all his worries just disappeared. Just knowing that Komugi is still there :3

The last scene with him telling Welfin (Respect to the dude! His fate was the same as Knov's XD) that he hopes he can find Gyro and live as a human was in the feelz!

And then the end was gold with how he just passed by Pouf. Brought me completely speechless ^^ BASED MH :D
Jun 17, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2007
Vanser said:
Just watched the episode again, this time with subs and realized at the end that Meruem says to Welfin, "I hope you you find him... And if possible, I hope you can live as a human." In the manga it was, "I wish I could meet with that person.. and if possible it would be nice to live as a human."

The manga translation makes way more sense because Pouf begins to cry after he hears that. Don't know why Pouf would cry just because he would say those words to Welfin. Can anyone say which translation is the correct one?

Eh? Even if the translation is off, both of the translations would still cause Pouf to cry in the end. The King now value's human life as equal or better to an ants which is the last thing Pouf wanted to happen.
Jun 17, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
this was so good even though i read the manga i was on the edge of my seat. the lengths that pouf will go to in order to protect his perception of the king and his place at his side are pretty incredible and then to have his entire view of the king shattered before his eyes as the kings internal conflict of ant instincts vs human morality comes to a head was devastating yet awesome to watch.

this episode was really well directed too i like when they get more experimental in the symbolic imagery especially with the meruem x komugi scenes. another 10/10 episode i've lost count of how many in a row there have been.
Jun 17, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2011
I thought this was going to be a low budget episode, but it was absolutely magnificent
The OST was great too.
Jun 17, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah, the final episode for this arc is the upcoming one, can't wait for that..
Jun 17, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
ValeBreck said:
I thought this was going to be a low budget episode, but it was absolutely magnificent
The OST was great too.
It is a low-budget episode. That's just how things are. But it was still fantastic, and I was glad to hear the OST that everyone thought they'd be hearing at the "..Komugi..?" scene.
Jun 17, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
Magnificent!
What a fantastic episode.
Jun 17, 2014 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
Wow, I really liked the ending to this episode! Waiting another week is torture!
Jun 17, 2014 1:40 PM

May 2013
Amazing episode.

This was such an insightful episode, the emotions and themes that were being portrayed in particular scenes were really good.

Meruem is a honest and merciful being at times, he forgave Pouf for hiding such an important secret.

I feel sorry for Welfin, he literally aged a hundred years in Meruem's sinister aura.
Jun 17, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome episode
Jun 17, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
I cant find the words. Hunter x Hunter 2011's Ant arc was just epic. I cant imagine how an anime can surpass this in both the execution and content. The overall quality of the airing anime will drop drastically after the next last episode. 5/5

I hope they resume it soon.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 17, 2014 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
I'm just glad Madhouse finally used the original "Death Agony" OST.
Jun 17, 2014 2:05 PM

May 2012
Vanser said:
Just watched the episode again, this time with subs and realized at the end that Meruem says to Welfin, "I hope you you find him... And if possible, I hope you can live as a human." In the manga it was, "I wish I could meet with that person.. and if possible it would be nice to live as a human."

The manga translation makes way more sense because Pouf begins to cry after he hears that. Don't know why Pouf would cry just because he would say those words to Welfin. Can anyone say which translation is the correct one?

That's most likely a mistranslation. Don't rely too heavily on scanlations.
Jun 17, 2014 2:05 PM
Jan 2013
a_cloud said:
I cant find the words. Hunter x Hunter 2011's Ant arc was just epic. I cant imagine how an anime can surpass this in both the execution and content. The overall quality of the airing anime will drop drastically after the next last episode. 5/5

I hope they resume it soon.

Why? Next arc is pretty good too. Actually, it's really good
Jun 17, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
So much tension. Poor Welfin.
Jun 17, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2011
some people are going to hate me but I have to say this:

Meruem you are one of the best villains perhaps the best villain on any shonen.
Meruem is the example of character development not the idiots: Obito, Aizen, shichibukais.
Jun 17, 2014 2:18 PM

Dec 2009
I'm so happy Madhouse animated those first five minutes <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 17, 2014 2:19 PM

May 2013
cronosteso23 said:

Meruem is the example of character development not the idiots: Obito, Aizen, shichibukais.

I think Obito and Aizen (especially Aizen) were good villains but you can't compare them to Meruem. Meruem is just on another godly level.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 17, 2014 2:20 PM
Oct 2013
cronosteso23 said:

Anyone with a bit of common sense should agree with you
Jun 17, 2014 2:21 PM
Apr 2013
Basically this episode was Togashi telling all those other shounen writers to stay in the shallow end of the pool so they don't drown.

The realistic (sometimes brutally so) imagery, the insane amount of dialogue, how every character is important both plot wise and thematically,how well developed the antagonists are that they'll do unlikely things that in retrospect make perfect sense and the completely unconventional way in which the all powerful main villain is stopped. And of course Madhouse's execution makes it all the more better. It all combines to create absolute perfection.

Looks like Madhouse is changing the order of events around, which is actually a good idea (And this doesn't contradict Anbiru-san's tweets). The story will be able to flow better that way and that leaves last episode dedicated completely to a coda.

Next episode: FeelsxFeels. Bring those tissues.
MCALJun 17, 2014 2:24 PM
Jun 17, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
Nice episode, Watching it reminds me what makes HxH so good: The inner struggle characters have.
Thinking about the next step and fearing the opponent who is just as overwhelming as Meruem.
Though he got an amazing development I still cant forgive him for killing children. On the other hand I was happy he killed this dictator.
The opening scene just showed how stupid human are.
We slaughter each other on command of a few greedy bastards or for our own fortune while others have to suffer. The fortune of the rich is built on the poverty of the helpless.
Jun 17, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2013
LastIllusion said:
I still cant forgive him for killing children.

He wouldn't do it now. Look at it that way. He even shown regret in killing children earlier in the Anime.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 17, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
HXH is awesome:
Hisoka, Chrollo, Meruem, Illumi.

The next arc: Pariston (reminds me Kumagawa)
Future Arc: GYRO??????
Jun 17, 2014 2:31 PM
Jan 2011
Madhouse and Togashi - the match made in heaven. Just absolutely brilliant portrayal of the crazy turmoil of the mind that Welfin was in. And the way the atmosphere changed after Welfin whispered Komugi's name was beautiful. Also the montage at beginning of the episode really set the tone of the episode(even with the cheerful opening persisting hehe). Character development displayed in this arc is truly some of the best I have ever seen.

Usually at this point in the shounen arcs we'd be getting ready for the cheerful afterparty with the protagonist, yet here it seems only feels await.
Jun 17, 2014 2:35 PM

Jun 2009
It probably has something to do with me reading these chapters like a week or so ago, but I find myself kind of preferring the manga version of this sequence. Still, the moment of revelation of that "one word" was amazingly well done. Beautiful music, beautiful imagery. God damn.

And, yeah, obviously I too think Meruem is something special. As great as the CA arc is, I don't think it would be anywhere near as good without him at the center of it. Which, I suppose, is obvious but I felt like saying it anyway. Next episode should be amazing, a lot of great moments. I'm kind of worried if they can pack it into one episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 17, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2012
Did anyone else find the preview hilarious?
blooddrunkJun 17, 2014 2:51 PM
Jun 17, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
cronosteso23 said:

i dont think anyone would hate u for that especially in a hxh thread and besides saying that meruem is a better villian than those is almost an objective fact. i consider meruem to be the best developed shounen villian since vegeta the exectution of his moral ambiguity is really astounding.
Jun 17, 2014 2:53 PM

Dec 2013
The way they capture emotions, such as Welfin being within an inch of his life was fantastic. loved the opening, even though it was sad yet a realistic capture of corrupt society. Have a feeling pouf is gonna drop dead any moment, he's annoying me but has made the story so good.
Jun 17, 2014 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
Finally! The monologue! They animated it. ^_^

But what the hell, Madhouse?! >_>

It should be Palm! >_<
Jun 17, 2014 2:57 PM

Oct 2013
Oh man I can not believe what I am watching. Seriously this development and execution is sooo good... I liked this episode so much!!! The psychological "warfairs" are incredile and the emotions of each of those characters are so well thought out. The Kings words at the end to Welfin ad his development is so amazing. "I hope you find him and you can live as a human" ???!!! HOLY SHIT

Also the last words of the narrator DAMN!!! Meruem is becoming something incredible!!! I felt sad i this episode. Such a good episode, I actually didn't think that I would witness awesomness again after 126,131 episodes...
vedatsvetJun 17, 2014 3:01 PM
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jun 17, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2012
LastIllusion said:
Though he got an amazing development I still cant forgive him for killing children. On the other hand I was happy he killed this dictator.
The opening scene just showed how stupid human are.
We slaughter each other on command of a few greedy bastards or for our own fortune while others have to suffer. The fortune of the rich is built on the poverty of the helpless.

i don't see how you can hate meruem for killing children its purely a function of his nature rather than a display of malice or evil the same thing that led him to kill the dictator is what made him kill those kids. if anything i think he should just be viewed as dangerous and a global issue rather than a "bad guy" which is pretty much how netero viewed it and in stark contrast of gon's perception of the ants.
Jun 17, 2014 2:59 PM

Feb 2012
jdbe said:
The way they capture emotions, such as Welfin being within an inch of his life was fantastic. loved the opening, even though it was sad yet a realistic capture of corrupt society. Have a feeling pouf is gonna drop dead any moment, he's annoying me but has made the story so good.

that opening scene's timing with the real world is amazing
Today, brazil is playing in the world cup full of people wealthy enough to buy seats to the game, while miles away there are people dying of starvation and disease.

Oct 2009
Nice episode.

I agree it should have been Palm talking at the beginning and not the narator.

Now there is gonna be about 2 episodes of wrap up and the next arc shall start. :)

May 2013
blooddrunk said:
Did anyone else find the preview hilarious?

The ''Huh, me?!'' from Gon made me chuckle haha.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.