Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah snap, so Balder isn't what he seems to be. Oh well, she should of seen this coming.

Looks like Balder is better now. I wonder if Loki really means what he is trying to do though. I mean, he did look dead serious there. Life is tough ;o
Jun 14, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
Anubis spotted with intermission pic. and preview

Everyone's worried about Balder. He is both light and destroy god? It will be dangerous if destroy side of power is released. So to prevent from destroy god become stronger, Zeus "forced" him to learn things about human. Another way is to kill him with the certain sword.

Wow @ his rabbit apple!

Apollon, who overheard the truth with the main girl earlier, comforted her for her frustration and got more people's help. lol @ "Ahollon".

So he knew all along for why his friend is going to kill him. He gave up killing, and the two friends' seal broke. Oh, no @ the end.

One more ep. ... I don't want it to end!!
tsubasaloverJun 14, 2014 9:18 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 14, 2014 11:02 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow that was quite an emotional episode :( I really didn't care for Balder at all before, but Loki and his friendship is too beautiful. I liked the way the whole last scene at the cliff was executed, though predictable, it was still quite heartbreaking. Both Loki and Thor's shackles fell off, it was kind of one last gift for Balder before he tries to kill himself. I'm thinking someone will use their god powers to fly and save him, hopefully.
Jun 14, 2014 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
Ahh that ending, I dont want Balder to die.
Jun 14, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
predictable but well done episode

what are the chances that this show will get another season?
Jun 14, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
Goddamn it, Baldr! Well, I always hoped to see that first scene back from the first episode being continued. So, now I'm all excited to see them in their true god forms with their respective transformations. At least I really hope that this is a thing that'll happen. Because I've been waiting for weeks.
I'm also kind of surprised that I liked this series so much up until now. Usually adaptations of otome games are rather meh, but this one has funny characters and a female protagonist who is not a doormat. There will be an OVA, but I'd also like to have a 2nd season (preferably with more Egyptian gods :3).
Jun 14, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
I thought i will just watch simple reverse anime for fun...I didn't sign up for all the feels!D:
Black_windJun 14, 2014 2:43 PM
Jun 14, 2014 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
Shaniyaz said:
Looks like Baldr has another side of him as the God of Destruction. :O
As he probably wasn't able to understand the human heart, he failed to suppress his dark side; which will eventually take over his original personality.. Not good.

The Mistletoe Sword (more like dagger) is the only weapon that can kill Baldr.
Loki seems serious about taking him out before he goes berserk.

That rabbit apple was a creative piece of work. Nicely done, Loki.

Nice seeing A-fool-lon and the other Gods supporting Yui. (^^)

Looks like Baldr knew Loki was after his from the beginning, in order to save him.
Loki and Thor are free from the shackles now, but Baldr throws himself off the cliff. :O
I hope he survives somehow..

Good episode. That OSTs were beautiful towards the end.

Balder being the god of destruction is sort of a new spin on the fact that he's the initiator for Ragnarok in mythology which is the destruction of everything.

I love that they included that, as well as that mistletoe being his only weakness. However, I also like that they used a throwaway line from the beginning as a plot point, of that fact that while Mistletoe can hurt him, Balder can also hurt himself, and thus why he can kill himself here. However, I have the felling that maybe his destructive side won't allow that and will create the problem we saw at the beginning of the series.
Jun 14, 2014 2:20 PM

Sep 2010
THIS ANIME JUST GOT REALLY SERIOUS REALLY FAST.
Whhhyyy ;-;
Jun 14, 2014 2:51 PM

Jan 2008
In other news - Melissa came back.
Jun 14, 2014 2:52 PM

May 2011
Yay, I was hoping they would use this route! Bittersweet, but lovely. ;u;

Jun 14, 2014 3:47 PM
Mar 2012
Them tears for Baldr.
Jun 14, 2014 5:22 PM
Dec 2013
dont worry he is alive if you go to the first episode in the beginning you would see that his bad power takes over him and the other gods are fighting his power, so.... is not this episode peoples should worried about, it is episode 12 . would they kill him, would they help him come back to his kind and loving way.? hope it dont end like how the real stores ends but they changed a lot of things from the original mythology stores in this show. so... hoping for a good ending
Jun 14, 2014 6:33 PM
Feb 2013
Ok, so with one more left, how will things turn out for the rest of the gods?
Jun 14, 2014 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
Baldr is also a God of Destruction. Since he was not able to understand the human heart, he failed to suppress his dark side.

I never expected he is trying to commit suicide at the end.
Jun 14, 2014 7:37 PM

Feb 2014
My feels completely derailed towards the end.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jun 14, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2010
Lol @ anibus at the end.

And that nickname fits perfectly for apollon!
Jun 15, 2014 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
NOOO BALDER ;_;
Jun 15, 2014 2:53 AM
Jun 2014
idontsee howbaldoesnntunderstandheart
ididnthavefeelsmaybcuzlagaltime
jiajiaJun 15, 2014 2:58 AM

Jun 15, 2014 3:55 AM

Sep 2008
Anibus!
So he actually doesn't speaks?
He just makes that "noise"? xD

Last episode next week...
I wonder how they plan to save Balder...
I don't think he died...
Just like this...
Jun 15, 2014 5:30 AM

Feb 2014
There is no way Balder is dead or they wouldn't have ended the episode like that, well that's what I'm telling myself. It was nice that Loki and Thor's shackles both broke just before Balder was going to kill himself, so he knows his friends are going to be alright.
Don't want this to end, it's a good show for what it is
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Jun 15, 2014 7:44 AM

Sep 2007
Thor and Loki's shackles coming off seemed a bit random..... I thought the shackles were related to "understanding the human heart"

..................hmmm....I guess they kind of "experienced a human heart" but it still seemed a stretch....

Now I need to go back and watch the beginning of the first ep again...I thought that battle in the beginning might've been all of them fighting the god of destruction since the intermission pic showed 3 of them in god form....

Anubis ono why do you have the weirdest gibberish? I'd be bothered less if it sounded like an animal noise...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 15, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
*whispers* So Balder and Loki is basically canon and Balder dies? Not cool.
Jun 15, 2014 8:05 AM

Aug 2013
Black_wind said:
I thought i will just watch simple reverse anime for fun...I didn't sign up for all the feels!D:

BASICALLY THIS

Melissa is back weeee
So next episode we get to see Mahou Shounen A(ho)llon Magica? LOLYES
On a serious note, I didn't expect this episode to be this serious D: The look on Balder's face tho ;-;
Anyway, Anubis is soo cute at the end, what a cute way to end such serious and angsty episode
Jun 15, 2014 9:34 AM

Mar 2014
Nah. Balder ain't dead. It's just a disney death. No way would they actually kill him off.
Jun 15, 2014 10:27 AM

May 2011
I had to laugh about their mistletoe sword. But then again, that rabbit apple was pretty boss as well. xD But oh, it is only when Baldr is close to death that I'm going, I kind of like him again. :P
Jun 15, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
I don't like Balder BUT I DIDN'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!! NOO.

Right so the beginning battle may have something to do with what just happened honhonhon *cries*
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Jun 15, 2014 12:58 PM
Feb 2010
Well, that's a cliffhanger.
And to think that at the beginning I thought this is just
gonna be another simple, fun reverse harem anime.
Jun 15, 2014 7:56 PM

Oct 2011
BALDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T______T

Can't stop crying.

His dark side prevents him from dying and they must fight him

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 2014 8:42 PM
Oct 2013
Umm, what?
That got very heavy very fast.
Ah! The feels. I just can't handle this ( the fact that the next episode is eternal separation is not helping). Poor baldr! Poor Loki! Despite all his recent short comings I am still very much in love with Balder, and then they had to redeem him and make him a great guy again right before he goes and jumps off the cliff! Just uggghhh! I'm seriously about to cry.
(BTW, did anyone else notice Hades looking for Balder and Loki in the closet?)
Jun 15, 2014 8:46 PM
Oct 2013
Black_wind said:

This
Jun 16, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 2013
Ok, so Balder has decided to end his life and most of the gods' shackles have been broken, so I'm guess the party is about to begin. Just as what the intro fast forward has indicated.
Jun 16, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2012
balder TT^TT
ugh the feels....
on a side note: loki's got some mad apple cutting skills

apollon: "help me, oji-san"
hades: "very well. ill give you misfortune"

anubis is so cute at the end xD

last episode next week TT^TT
gonna miss this series (it was one of the better otome game adapted animes)
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jun 16, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
Bal-Bal ; _ ;
Don't worry! Ahou-lon will come and save you on his shiny pegasus!
Jun 17, 2014 5:44 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
BALDR
THE HELL IS THIS
That cliff scene, was spectacular. I was so close to crying, and it did a great job at keeping attention and giving suspense and excitment. WOW this was amazing.
i... i... love this episode
best episode of the series so far and probably one of my favorite scenes of this season.
Jun 17, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
Ahhhh one more episode to go! Gotta wait till Saturday to find out what happened :C
Jun 18, 2014 3:30 AM
Mar 2014
Balder NOO !
Jun 18, 2014 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
I actually watched this episode before the previous one *facepalm* The animation was definitely worse in this than in the previous episode.
With everyone being aware of Balder's situation and the next episode being the last one (there has to be some connection to what happened in the first episode), it wouldn't be surprising if they actually manage to stop him in the end, although him even jumping (or the whole issue being addressed at all) makes me hope just a little. Then again, Balder stopped focusing so much on Yui, which is indeed similar to the shukumei endings, but could be continued even if he doesn't die. Well, I'm still grateful for that either way.
Apollon being told about the truth -- at the same time as Yui and before the others -- means that at least we'll get something close to utapri out of this, as expected. I liked how they still included him here despite everything else happening, though.
Jun 19, 2014 6:21 AM

Jun 2012
so no one's going to jump in after him?

dannygirl21 said:
dont worry he is alive if you go to the first episode in the beginning you would see that his bad power takes over him and the other gods are fighting his power
Oh i thought they were fighting over yui in the first ep. What you said makes more sense.
Jun 19, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2011
Don't think he'll die someone will jump in to save him, I'd be pretty shocked if they did actually kill him.
Jun 20, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2010
Finally caught up with this anime. Seriously, what's with that misleading rating?

Now I get the lesson,

"Never trust MAL ratings."

I can't believe that what got me into this anime was its ED (which is amazing) I am a guy and I enjoyed it just right. Sure, I had a few problems with all the flowery backgrounds, some of the Loki/Baldur drama and a bit awkward scenes here and there but still, I enjoyed it a lot. With Brothers Conflict, I enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure but when it comes to KamiAso, I enjoyed it purely for what it provided.

Okay, I stopped caring about Baldur since that yandere incident, but the whole episode still gave me feels. You could really feel Thor's emotions clearly. 99 percent sure that he is gonna be saved somehow but still it was nicely done.

(Back to listening the ED non stop)
TragicRomanceJun 20, 2014 8:49 AM
Jun 23, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 2011
Good job Baldr going from being the one I was most meh about to actually making me care somewhat.
That's one strong bromantical friendship that I don't want to see end.
Jul 1, 2014 10:11 AM
Jul 2014
Does anyone know the title of OST at the end? It's so nice but i couldnt find it T-T
Jul 8, 2014 1:00 AM

Apr 2014
I haven't cared much for Baldr (the jealousy thing he had going on put me off) but the second half of this episode... ; ;

How sweet friendship can be.
Jul 19, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2008
I never expected such mindless entertainment to get so serious and make me shed a few tears.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 4, 2014 4:49 PM

Jun 2011
Baldr-Loki-Thor and this whole part about Baldr falling into darkness is one of the best about the series. My only grip is that I wish Thor would've been a little more important in this matter.

Now, just watch Yui the omfg-so-important-almighty-female-lead saves Baldr from the darkness. which I won't like most probably
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2009
really, can an anime like this be? i've been watching this only because i started it and i hate to leave series unfinished (especially short ones) but the last episode just blew my mind! until episode 10 my opinion of this was that it's a horrible kind of like a copy of utapri. really. the synopsis was interesting but the first episodes were hell for me. the characters felt so 2D without any depth. i was going to give this series like a 6 or something. but loki and balder's friendship touched me so deeply i'm just aafsoignmcrqevnrueqv mf,oqpwc! loki you pierced my heart! sorry i disliked you in the beginning! (your character type is usually just not for me)
Jun 6, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2010
Obviously he won't die, so there isn't any kind of excitement.
isn't it quite obvious that if you're a god of destruction, you need to understand love and some other amazing things about life, like kindness and caring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2015 7:11 AM

Feb 2015
Why is this Anime giving all the feels right at the end?!
Jun 30, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Andddddd because this is the anime, I doubt Balder actually dies.
That rabbit apple. Dang Loki.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 12, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

164 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 11, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

48 by helennaaj »»
Sep 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Poll: » Who Is Your Favorite Character?

TragicRomance - Jun 20, 2014

18 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:24 PM

» Kamigami No Asobi Season 2 ??

KazukiMakoto - Sep 23, 2014

21 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.