Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2009 5:16 PM

Mar 2007
Starting from Oct. 3rd Inuyasha will get simulcasted mere hours after the episodes will be broadcasted in Japan. Viewers can stream it subbed on ShonenSunday's website and on Hulu.
The simulcast will pick up on "The Final Act" but the previous 167 episodes will be available as well.

Sources: ShonenSunday.com, VIZ Media

View info of anime here on MAL: Inuyasha, Inuyasha - The Final Act
myanimelistllcMay 1, 2016 7:55 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2009 5:18 PM
Mar 2009
Zirgo said:
Starting from Oct. 3rd Inuyasha will get simulcasted mere hours after the episodes will be broadcasted in Japan. Viewers can stream it subbed on ShonenSunday's website and on Hulu.
The simulcast will pick up on "The Final Act" but the previous 167 episodes will be available as well.

It's not 'simulcast' then... it's a few hours after-cast...

Simulcast has only ever truly happened here in Australia, with Brotherhood, cos we're awesome.

Sep 28, 2009 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
Yay, not long until it comes out. I've been too lazy to read the manga

Sep 28, 2009 5:34 PM

Jul 2008
Yay! I'm so excited for this. 8`D
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Sep 28, 2009 5:35 PM

Nov 2008
pistachio20 said:

thats rare to hear from you p20 : O

anyway thats some good news, iv been waiting for this and if i can watch it sooner then thats just great : D
Sep 28, 2009 5:41 PM

Jul 2008
pistachio20 said:

I've the manga and I KNOW for sure the rest of the anime won't be as good :\
Sep 28, 2009 5:52 PM

Mar 2007
Sep 28, 2009 6:16 PM

Jul 2008
That's cool.
Sep 28, 2009 6:27 PM

Feb 2008
Boursk said:
I say, good news for FAL......... :D
Nobody will watch this. Stupid InuYasha with its stupid simulcast... mumble mumble
Sep 28, 2009 7:19 PM

Mar 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Boursk said:
Nobody will watch this. Stupid InuYasha with its stupid simulcast... mumble mumble

I second kuro ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2009 7:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kaminakun said:
kuroshiroi said:
Boursk said:

I second kuro ^^

Just because it's children-oriented (?) doesn't mean it fails (but the manga seriously failed near the end). It's much less retarded as some anime out there that I will refuse to name.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 28, 2009 7:44 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome! Can't Wait! :D

Sep 28, 2009 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
i haven't finish the first 167 ep yet and now this.
Sep 28, 2009 8:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ova said:
i haven't finish the first 167 ep yet and now this.

just skip that and watch this. However, you may be disappointed...or not....

On the other hand, the music will be awesome. Do As Infinity is back after being disbanded. And we get AAA to to do the ending....
wakka9caSep 28, 2009 8:18 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 28, 2009 8:25 PM
Sep 2008
Inuyasha?

Just more episodes of the same things happening over and over.
Sep 28, 2009 8:34 PM

Jun 2008
I read about this on ANN yesterday, I'm not very familiar with Hulu but I've checked it out and it looks pretty cool :)
I have one anime set for this season
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Sep 28, 2009 8:50 PM
Apr 2008
I'm looking forward to it.
Sep 28, 2009 9:03 PM

Feb 2008
as long as they finally finish it...or kill everyone off.
Sep 28, 2009 9:27 PM

Feb 2009
Rime said:
Inuyasha?

Just more episodes of the same things happening over and over.

lol i totally agree.
the story just keep going and going without something new. that's why it took me 6 months already and i haven't finish it yet cuz i just on hold it like 10 times already.
Sep 28, 2009 9:31 PM

Apr 2009
kisami said:

Seriously! I'd love for one or two of the main characters to be killed! Nothing speeds up a show like vengeance for a fallen comrade does.

But I am worried it will be the same never ending battles for an infinite number of jewel shards.
Sep 28, 2009 9:36 PM
Jun 2008
good grief please let it end for real this time & yet only matter of time till it's dub again expect same ocean dub again.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 28, 2009 9:37 PM

Jan 2009
nothing changed.

Sep 28, 2009 10:29 PM

May 2009
Kinda expected this, but now it'll be harder for me to decide what to bench in FAL after the first week XD

And I'll probably be watching this.
Sep 28, 2009 10:33 PM

Oct 2007
chinlamp said:

Simulcast has only ever truly happened here in Australia, with Brotherhood, cos we're awesome.

I see what you did thar
Sep 28, 2009 10:59 PM

Mar 2008
This simulcast better be dubbed.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Sep 28, 2009 11:08 PM

Jun 2007
Well ok, I guess this is good news for all the people who live in the U.S. (even if all the die hard Inuyasha fans are like... probably in college/graduated/working by now and will have no time to watch it the moment it airs ^^;)

Baby_Naruto said:

Like the name SAYS its a simulcast :/ there is no way they can dub something that fast so no.

Sep 28, 2009 11:18 PM

Mar 2008
magentaanbu said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Like the name SAYS its a simulcast :/ there is no way they can dub something that fast so no.

Why does simulcast have to always be subbed?

Sep 28, 2009 11:19 PM
Mar 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
magentaanbu said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Because they only get the actual thing a short time beforehand to sub it. It's just not a long enough amount of time for them to dub it.

Sep 28, 2009 11:30 PM
Jun 2008
Baby_Naruto said:

you realize you askin for RUSH-DUB besides it's been 3yrs since last hearing of inuyasha dub & now you want RUSH-DUB maybe in 2010 & realize it might have same ocean dubber http://myanimelist.net/anime/249/InuYasha/characters but 3yrs have past yet there might possible few re-cast for some of the dub?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 28, 2009 11:55 PM

Aug 2008
Good. Inuyasha isn't worth torrenting. XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 29, 2009 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
Baby_Naruto said:
magentaanbu said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Because it premieres in the U.S right after it premieres in Japan. Having a simulcast wit a dub would mean Viz Media would've had to have the materials while the Inuyasha: Final Act anime was still in production so that they can have the time to do dubs.

Anyway a simulcast of an anime premiere is a good thing because that way, the anime can likely be released on dvd sooner. You know how Funimation has been simulcasting Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood since April? Well just this past weekend the dub cast was announced on the Funimation blog and the first dvd will come out April, 2010, only a year after the anime first premiered! Chances are the same procedure will happen with Inuyasha. We may get the dvds released in Fall, 2011, who knows.
Sep 29, 2009 2:56 AM

Mar 2007
Yay more inu :D cant wait for finaly watch more of it, inu brings back so many memories
Instagram: Luzifurr
Sep 29, 2009 4:11 AM

Jul 2008
chinlamp said:
Zirgo said:

It's not 'simulcast' then... it's a few hours after-cast...

It happened in all of Asia with Tears of Tiara too
Sep 29, 2009 12:38 PM

Jun 2007
Captain_GARlock said:
Who cares about this? Inuyasha is fucking terrible as is it's entire fanbase.

But then again I'm seeing Naruto quotes and a Twilight banner in this topic so I guess this horrible taste shouldn't surprise me.

Lol so angry XD let them have their fun!

Sep 29, 2009 12:55 PM

May 2007
Captain_GARlock said:

But then again I'm seeing Naruto quotes and a Twilight banner in this topic so I guess this horrible taste shouldn't surprise me.

Elitism is not nice.

I say this is good, if an American company can get money instead of fansubbers get seeds I am happy(once again I actually support fansubs of unlicensed properties)
My anime list
Sep 29, 2009 1:20 PM

Jul 2008
mitamaking said:
I say this is good, if an American company can get money instead of fansubbers get seeds I am happy(once again I actually support fansubs of unlicensed properties)
I totally agree with this. This is a good step for the American anime market(which is in deep shit) when they do things like this. The crunchyroll way of going about new shows is an awesome idea compared to relying solely on dvds.

People should not be so closed-minded when it comes to this kind of stuff. You should definitely look into this kind of stuff(especially if you prefer streaming). This is a good way to help out the anime industry without spending money/effort on things like dvds.
DefianceSep 29, 2009 1:44 PM
Sep 29, 2009 4:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Captain_GARlock said:

Inuyasha is not retarded if you look at it from a younger perspective. In that sense, it is better than Naruto (too emo) and Twilight (the author destroyed the entire vampire myth).

You cannot say people have bad taste or expect children to read War and Peace instead of Harry Potter. Inuyasha is actually pretty decent among all the shounen titles aimed at a younger audience. So everything is relative.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Sep 29, 2009 5:01 PM

Oct 2008
All I can say is "WIN!".
Sep 29, 2009 6:54 PM

Jan 2008
KyuuA4 said:
Good. Inuyasha isn't worth torrenting. XD

agreed.

I lied. Fuck Hulu for not letting their neighbours watch anything.
panda_generalSep 29, 2009 10:28 PM

Banner made by suikka
Sep 29, 2009 9:38 PM

Mar 2008
I guess I'll have to wait until next year at least for the english dub then, sigh :(.

Sep 30, 2009 12:47 AM

May 2008
Baby_Naruto said:
I guess I'll have to wait until next year at least for the english dub then, sigh :(.

the inuyasha dubs were horrible.... though admittedly amusing. kappei yamaguchi has character.

I'll be looking forward to the streams.

I am a banana.
Sep 30, 2009 2:21 AM

Mar 2008
saka said:
Baby_Naruto said:

the inuyasha dubs were horrible.... though admittedly amusing. kappei yamaguchi has character.

That's your opinion, I loved Viz Media's Uncut English Dub for InuYasha.

Sep 30, 2009 4:36 PM

Apr 2009
So are they starting the anime at the point the old one ended? Cuz the following story is kinda an awkward start for an anime
Oct 3, 2009 1:05 AM

Sep 2008
saka said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Um No.... The Japanese dub was horrible It sucks. The guy who plays Inuyasha's Voice should be fired for have no talent..... Inuyasha English>>>>>>>>>>>> Inuyasha Japanese.... And that is all to it.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 3, 2009 6:04 AM

Oct 2008
Mario1-7 said:
saka said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Um No.... The Japanese dub was horrible It sucks. The guy who plays Inuyasha's Voice should be fired for have no talent..... Inuyasha English>>>>>>>>>>>> Inuyasha Japanese.... And that is all to it.

For the record, since anime are original animations for Japan, the voice actors in Japan don't usually "dub" a show. The voice acting recorded and then than animations are put in afterward.
Oct 3, 2009 11:03 AM

Nov 2007
Hypeathon said:
Mario1-7 said:
saka said:
Baby_Naruto said:

For the record, since anime are original animations for Japan, the voice actors in Japan don't usually "dub" a show. The voice acting recorded and then than animations are put in afterward.

I believe that only applies with American animation. Only during scenes with singing, and certain budgeted cuts do they actually do that. I noticed a lot of cuts are animated before voices are recorded during some behind-the-scene stuff.

The english dub is pretty bad IMO. A lot of the voice actors can't act at all, nor pronounce names correctly. I do prefer Inuyasha's voice in english, but his japanese voice actor does a better job acting-wise.
Oct 3, 2009 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
sonicspin said:
Hypeathon said:

I believe that only applies with American animation. Only during scenes with singing, and certain budgeted cuts do they actually do that. I noticed a lot of cuts are animated before voices are recorded during some behind-the-scene stuff.

The english dub is pretty bad IMO. A lot of the voice actors can't act at all, nor pronounce names correctly. I do prefer Inuyasha's voice in english, but his japanese voice actor does a better job acting-wise.

I would like to know what behind-the-scenes clips you actually saw that proved so.

Anyway, I'll have to disagree with you on how American animations are the only sort that does prelay voice recording. I mean isn't prelay an easier process on the voice actors in the sense that they get more freedom as oppose to dub voice acotrs read lines in a certain way?

Besides if the Japanese actors did do dubs in anime, then they would be doing it the same way as American dub actors. he actors wouldn't be in the same room at the same time doing their lines in a single scene. They would instead go in one-at-a-time, performing each line of dialogue until they got it right.

And since when did budgetting make a difference on how you do voice acting?
Oct 3, 2009 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
HikariAkai said:
So are they starting the anime at the point the old one ended? Cuz the following story is kinda an awkward start for an anime

yes... because the first series actually started on a new story-point and i don't think it ended... if it is the rat storyline i'm thinking about... been forever since i watched the last episodes of that one @.@

edit: apparently not... really been forever since i watched that series. but the last storyline that i clearly remember watching was the rat infested village one.. that one IS part of the manga storyline *nod* and it'll probably pick up after that or around that
AoiMemoriOct 3, 2009 2:23 PM
Oct 3, 2009 2:42 PM

May 2008
kisami said:

AMEN!!! =P
<center></center>
Oct 3, 2009 2:58 PM

Nov 2007
Hypeathon said:
sonicspin said:
Hypeathon said:

I would like to know what behind-the-scenes clips you actually saw that proved so.

Anyway, I'll have to disagree with you on how American animations are the only sort that does prelay voice recording. I mean isn't prelay an easier process on the voice actors in the sense that they get more freedom as oppose to dub voice acotrs read lines in a certain way?

Besides if the Japanese actors did do dubs in anime, then they would be doing it the same way as American dub actors. he actors wouldn't be in the same room at the same time doing their lines in a single scene. They would instead go in one-at-a-time, performing each line of dialogue until they got it right.

And since when did budgetting make a difference on how you do voice acting?

You need a budget for the animating. For example, the "God Knows..." scene during Suzumiya Haruhi used careful observation of Hirano Aya in order to match the visuals with the singing perfectly. It's a lot of work to do that, and hence it cost a lot of money. You don't see that perfect synchronization in anime often.

I can't find a direct video, but I've seen this stuff before. I did manage to find a quote from a magazine on Angel Beats though.

Currently the script is done up to episode 10. PA Works will start working on the animation from September. Work on the BGM for the anime is progressing quite well too, by the time this magazine is released the recording for the theme song has probably already ended. The schedule is currently progressing as ideally as it can be, if we can keep this up, the art should be completed by the time voice recording starts.

This was translation was from Canned Dogs.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
8 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

10 by Calal-Chan »»
23 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
8 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.