Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Jinsei
Some staff for the series have been revealed.

Director: Keiichirou Kawaguchi
Series composition, Script: Naruhisa Arakawa
Screenplay: Tsuyoshi Tamai
Character Design: Tomoyuki Shitaya
Studio: Feel

Source: Official site
Previous related news: Anime Project for Ougyou Kawashigi's 'Jinsei' Green-lit

Akame ga Kill!
Some main/additional cast members for the series have been revealed.

Tatsumi: Soma Saito
Mein: Yukari Tamura
Leone: Yuu Asakawa
Rabac: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Schere: Mamiko Noto
Braht: Katsuyuki Konishi
Esdese: Satomi Akesaka
Najenda: Risa Mizuno

Source: Scan via ANN
Previous related news: 'Akame ga Kill!' Manga to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
Additional cast and staff for the series have been revealed.

Cast
Tomoya Aki: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Michiru Hyoudou: Sayuri Yahagi

Staff
Director: Kanta Kamei
Script: Fumiaki Maruto
Music: Hajime Hyakkoku
Studio: A-1 Pictures

Source: Official site
Previous related news: noitaminA's Summer, Fall and Winter Line-Up Announced

Glasslip
Additional cast members for the series have been revealed.

Hina (Touko's younger sister): Nao Touyama
Momo (Yuu's older sister): Ai Kayano

Source: PV
Previous related news: Original Anime 'Glasslip' by P.A. Works to Air Summer 2014

Himegoto
Additional cast for the series have been revealed. Episodes will be 6 minutes each and will begin airing July 7th.

Kaguya Arikawa: Chinatsu Akasaki
Ichigou: Minami Tsuda
Mitsunaga Oda: Ayane Sakura
Hiro: Azusa Tadokoro
Tadokoro: Takuga Eguchi

Source: Scan via Yaraon!, Natalie
Previous related news: Crossdressing Manga 'Himegoto' Gets Anime Adaption

Majimoji Rurumo
Some cast members for the series have been revealed along with the opening and ending themes.

Rurumo: Suzuko Mimori
Chiro: Misato Fukuen
Sumiko Inoue: Shizuka Ishigami
Kouta Shibaki: Makoto Takahashi
Tanako Kujirai: Yurika Endou

Opening: "Seiippai, Tsutaetai! (せいいっぱい、伝えたい!)" by Suzuko Mimori
Ending: "Futari no Chronostasis (ふたりのクロノスタシス)" by Yurika Endou

Source: Scan via Yaraon!
Previous related news: Manga 'Majimoji Rurumo' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

Manga News

Manga Service x Servant Ending Next Month
A scan from Young Gangan magazine reveals that manga series Servant x Service will be ending in the next issue which will be released June 25th. The series received a TV anime adaptation which began airing July 2013 and ended September 2013.

Source: Scan via ANN

Industry News

Singer HIMEKA Ends Career in Japan
Singer HIMEKA has announced on her official Twitter that she will have to end her music career in Japan. Her previous contract expired on April 1st, and since she could not find a new agency, she will have to return back home to Canada.

Source: Tweet, Crunchyroll

News submitted by arsonal

Seiyuu Youko Honda Announces Marriage
Seiyuu Youko Honda has announced on her personal blog that she got married on May 25th.

Source: Youko Honda blog post
Sakana-sanNov 11, 2016 1:40 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 26, 2014 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.
Recent PVs and CMs from series that air during the Spring anime season can be found here
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
May 26, 2014 2:39 PM

Nov 2011
Great to see Yowamushi Pedal get another season <3

Overall some interesting previews like with Ao Haru Ride and another Glasslip PV. I'm curious to see an animated PV of Akame ga Kill though. Is the list missing this PV though?

Bakumatsu Rock PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKlQ36GjiHg&feature=player_detailpage
May 26, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
Service x Servant comes to an end finally.
May 26, 2014 2:54 PM

Nov 2011
Behemoth11 said:

I'm hoping there will be enough material for another season.
May 26, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2007

It has been posted in previous Briefs.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 26, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:

It has been posted in previous Briefs.

Ah I see.
May 26, 2014 3:14 PM

Sep 2012
Oh, Servant x Service is ending. I hope it gets another season, I think it sold pretty well if I remember correctly. If not, then I'll just read the manga. Hopefully Hasabe and Lucy end up together.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
May 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2009
S x S has just 4 volumes? Does anyone knows how many chapters total and how many were adapted?
May 26, 2014 4:17 PM
Oct 2013
Nice briefs... but,i don't know that manga of SxS is so short... About the 2nd Season of Yowapeda and the Mushibugyou OVA... Interesting... The animes of the next season, Akame and Ao Haru Ride are the most expected,i think... ^^
May 26, 2014 5:05 PM

Feb 2013
looking soo forward to akame ga kill xD
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
May 26, 2014 6:22 PM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:
Behemoth11 said:

I'm hoping there will be enough material for another season.

Far better than Working! imo. I hope there is enough material for another season as well but since it's ending would they even make another season? I may have to start reading manga.
May 26, 2014 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
Wind_Sr said:
Singer HIMEKA Ends Career in Japan
Singer HIMEKA has announced on her official Twitter that she will have to end her music career in Japan. Her previous contract expired on April 1st, and since she could not find a new agency, she will have to return back home to Canada.

HIMEKA is thoroughly underrated as an Anisong Grand Prix winner. I hope it wasn't the fact that she is not Japanese that made her unable to get jobs as an anisong singer.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 26, 2014 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
Glasslip staff :o

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 26, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
Can't wait for Akame ga Kill and Glasslip. :D

And also Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata in Jan '15 :)
May 26, 2014 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
Wind_Sr said:

They look very close to their manga design, nice job WF.
Wind_Sr said:
  • Ao Haru Ride: 2nd PV

• Muh maaya Uchida

Hooray for more Major and the gang!
    Wind_Sr said:
  • Glasslip: 2nd PV

• Seems like it will be 2 boys trying to get the main girl while the model likes one of the boys, and on the side the guy with the headband and the glasses girl seem to be paired up. That's just my guess though.
    Wind_Sr said:
  • Aldnoah.Zero: 4th CM

• Man this is looking good.
    [center]
    May 26, 2014 11:01 PM

Mar 2012
    Glasslip feel more like Hanasaku Iroha with nano.RIPE.
    Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
    May 26, 2014 11:50 PM

Apr 2012
    Smooki said:
    looking soo forward to akame ga kill xD
    My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
    May 27, 2014 12:59 AM
    May 2013
    Wind_Sr said:

Glasslip
    Additional cast members for the series have been revealed.

Hina (Touko's younger sister): Nao Touyama
    Momo (Yuu's older sister): Ai Kayano

Source: PV
    Previous related news: Original Anime 'Glasslip' by P.A. Works to Air Summer 2014

Seems like what you would expect from P.A. Works...gorgeous animation. However, does anyone else not quite get why the show is called Glasslip? I mean, I guess the main girl works with glass and wants to be a glass artisan, okay that's fine but from what I've seen, the glass hasn't seemed to have played all that significant a role in the videos so far...maybe I'll find out later.
    May 27, 2014 7:14 AM

Aug 2013

Oh God how torn i am right now. The very mention of Maruto Fumiaki in charge of script has gotten my hopes up a lot considering how awesome White Album 2 turned out to be. But knowing the kind of material he's getting his hands on (Well, if 12 manga chapters i've read is any indication) i just can't help but being pessimistic. Heroine no Sodatekata doesn't strike me as any different than your standard "Loser-dealing-with-bunch-of-beautiful-and-overbearing women" thing that so many LNs are so fond to indulge themselves upon, with standard stock of characters and very convenient storytelling. Of course execution is what matters more than anything, but that kind of story usually doesn't leave much room for anything else, nor being able to be more than what it looks like on the surface.
    May 27, 2014 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
    Amiluhur said:

Oh God how torn i am right now. The very mention of Maruto Fumiaki in charge of script has gotten my hopes up a lot considering how awesome White Album 2 turned out to be. But knowing the kind of material he's getting his hands on (Well, if 12 manga chapters i've read is any indication) i just can't help but being pessimistic. Heroine no Sodatekata doesn't strike me as any different than your standard "Loser-dealing-with-bunch-of-beautiful-and-overbearing women" thing that so many LNs are so fond to indulge themselves upon, with standard stock of characters and very convenient storytelling. Of course execution is what matters more than anything, but that kind of story usually doesn't leave much room for anything else, nor being able to be more than what it looks like on the surface.

Isnt he the one who wrote the original novel that the anime is adapting? He even wrote the story for the manga adaptation of the same series too apparantly.

If the person wrting the script for an anime adaptation of a novel that he himself wrote, and even has experience in animes too, then I imagine that the anime adaptation would be as good as it can get if not even better than the original material. But thats just me being optimistic since the author of the novel is heavily involved in the anime too, and that usually leads to a decent - really good adaptation from what I've seen.
    May 27, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2013
    Oh, i knew that Saenai Heroine is Fumiaki's work and i definitely expect faithful adaptation from him. The question is, will he be able to give much improvement and create a quality adaptation (storytelling-wise) given the fact that his material is yet another LN with very standard conventions? And the idea that this kind of thing is going to air on noitaminA is just . . . nah, they've got that Nanana show this season, so whatever.

Honestly though, LN with this kind of premise and characters usually make me laugh. Though intentionally or not is different issue.
    May 28, 2014 8:41 AM
    May 2012
    I will watch all of those upcoming Anime :3
    I want Anime season 2 of Servant x Service!! I added the Manga on my plan to read list.
    Never heard of HIMEKA and any of her songs, but I checked her out just now and she is so beautiful *^* I feel sorry for her :/ I hope she continues her music career in Japan someday again. Imma check out her songs later.
    Also, congratulations to Youko Honda on her marriage ^^
    May 28, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
    Amiluhur said:
    Oh, i knew that Saenai Heroine is Fumiaki's work and i definitely expect faithful adaptation from him. The question is, will he be able to give much improvement and create a quality adaptation (storytelling-wise) given the fact that his material is yet another LN with very standard conventions?

Well, I guess that depends on whether he himself believes that his novel could be improved or not, like adding/changing stuff in the anime that he cant redo in the novel now, and stuff like that.

Either way, I'm expecting a good adaptation too and I look forward to any anime that does the original material justice.
    This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
    25 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

5 by Maumuu »»
    28 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
    6 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
    7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
    10 hours ago
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.