Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao Kim.

Eh, the episode was kinda silly again. Hair on fire and cooking. That food looked tasty though. Looks like they finally decided to introduce the main antagonist of this series, about time. Kim is awesome though always helping out others even though she doesn't realize it sometimes.
May 6, 2014 10:33 AM

Mar 2014
...Sakura Trickeater not?

Anyway, it was a nice episode, very nice scenario, even though sometimes characters' faces got out of shape. (It has happened from the first episode).
May 6, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2013
Loved it :D
It was awesome as ever :)
May 6, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
OMG! Kim looks so damn cute in the end.
BlackbirdMay 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
That dream :3

What a great story about how they became partners :D

I'm looking forward to next week, mean Liz and Patty are going to show up and Death the Kid too!
May 6, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
1. Yuri opening was epic. Anya failing to fit in never gets old. Loved the onsen fanservice

2. There was no action in this ep but still managed to be great. I approve of Jacqueline x kim

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 6, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
To start an episode of with Yuri is always a good thing.
This was a nice bonding episode between Kim and Jacqueline and had allot of nice moments especially Jacqueline the faces she made this episode where great.

And there was also some plot development and fan service.
May 6, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2014
I thought the ost was really nice this episode.
So people from different classes can also partner up? Kim obviously isn't a weapon so I'm assuming the other girl is.
Death the kid next episode?:D
May 6, 2014 3:35 PM

May 2013
It's probably just me because I'm a fan of Soul Eater... but it's really about time the plot progesses a bit. The episode was nice, because I was also curious about how Kim and Jacquilne bonded but the next episode looks again like it will be entirely filler aside from maybe a few scenes with characters of Soul Eater and plot in the background.

I know the anime is obviously supposed to be more about easy-going comendy and romance but I would wish it's more like the 1st episode of Not or the original Soul Eater in general, even if not the same.

For example, we already had a episode with them working in the cafe, do we really need one again with little, not really important sub-plot? I would actually care more about the classes in DWMA because we have yet to see and kind of progression with Tsugumi's weapon form and what Meme and Anya are actually capable of as Meisters. And I know (or atleast I hope) that there is something beyond their running gags of "I forget everything" and "What commoners do" judging by the tiny bits of that we already saw. And guess what? I would be interested to see more of that instead of those filler-like episodes. But that is just me and I watch this for Soul Eater lore anyway.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
May 6, 2014 3:39 PM

May 2013
That yuri moment at the beginning lol. Jacqueline and Kim are now partners so thats good.
May 6, 2014 3:45 PM

Apr 2014
Jacquiline made this episode so much win! The Yuri was strong in this one!

Kim reveals what she really is Jacquiline protects her secret :3

Anya being moe and bad at cooking

Kana's troll tarot cards :3

The main villain finally gets some screentime and lines >:D
May 6, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
NEXT EPISODE DEATH THE KID AND THOMPSON SISTERS HOLY SHITT <333333
May 6, 2014 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
One big ''awwww'' from me.So sweet.
YES, KID NEXT EPISODE! this is the moment i've been waiting for.
May 6, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
Death The Kid will be in the next episode!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
May 6, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2012
too much fanservice ..

Death The Kid next episode thats good

May 6, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
Oh! This totally makes sense as to why Soul Eater Not! is sort of like a prequel to Soul Eater: Kim becoming partners with Jacqueline! x3 Cool, so now we know how those 2 became partners. :3 Pretty cute. xD

Anyways, cute episode as well~! Kind of had a touch of yuri in it....sweet!

That mysterious red haired girl.....creepy! xD

Overall good episode....but since like....this is an adaptation of the manga, which is mostly consisting of comedy and some action, then of course the anime wouldn't have as much action scenes.....right? o-o
RIGHT?? O-O
May 6, 2014 5:02 PM
Feb 2013
CopicColors said:
So people from different classes can also partner up? Kim obviously isn't a weapon so I'm assuming the other girl is.

One's body doesn't just turn into things without being a weapon. Jacqueline O. Lantern Dupre is indeed a weapon, with a great deal of control over her form.
May 6, 2014 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
I think I came into this with just the right amount of expectations, because I am absolutely loving it. I like Kim and Jacky even more after this little mini arc. Chiwa Saito did a great job this episode, you can reeally hear Kotori from Rewrite in dere Kim.

Now we get Patty and Liz interactions, with a side of Death. I've never heard Miyano's Kid so I'm quite excited.
Madcat6204 said:
CopicColors said:

One's body doesn't just turn into things without being a weapon. Jacqueline O. Lantern Dupre is indeed a weapon, with a great deal of control over her form.

See: Battle for Brew
May 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
My hopes of this series having yuri were dashed last episode

They have now been restored greater than ever before.
NYANPASU~!
May 6, 2014 5:19 PM
Mar 2012
The yuri is strong in this episode~
May 6, 2014 6:01 PM

Apr 2014
Madcat6204 said:
CopicColors said:

Lol, was she in the original? It's been so long, I have no idea
May 6, 2014 6:26 PM
Feb 2013
CopicColors said:
Madcat6204 said:
CopicColors said:

Lol, was she in the original? It's been so long, I have no idea

Yep. Kim's partner.
May 6, 2014 6:28 PM

Nov 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
I think I came into this with just the right amount of expectations, because I am absolutely loving it. I like Kim and Jacky even more after this little mini arc. Chiwa Saito did a great job this episode, you can reeally hear Kotori from Rewrite in dere Kim.

Now we get Patty and Liz interactions, with a side of Death. I've never heard Miyano's Kid so I'm quite excited.
Madcat6204 said:
CopicColors said:

See: Battle for Brew

miyano mamoru does a magnificant job as death the kid. get ready
May 6, 2014 6:57 PM

Jan 2014
This show keeps on getting better and better. This episode was so cute, Jacky, Kim, the trio, and even that loli, EVERYTHING IS SO CUTE!!!!
And that fanservice though......AWESOME
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2014 7:05 PM

Feb 2012
Awwww. Cute ep and we learned why Kim acts the way she does.

Totally loved the Yuri this ep.
May 6, 2014 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
Wow so much yuri stuff for Jacqueline and Kim, that beginning kind of caught me off guard, until its a dream...

Some more character development for Kim. Yay they are partners now :D.

Oh damn, Death the Kid is coming :D.

May 6, 2014 8:35 PM
Apr 2014
Male characters look okay. Female characters from the original series look so weird in this that it makes me cringe a little http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1341/83/1341838000740.png aaaaand more fanservice. I'm kinda torturing myself by watching this series since I'm not much of a yuri/moe fan and that's like 90% of this show so far.
May 6, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2013
Right before the opening was so funny, but why do they have to tease like that? It's playing dirty if you ask me. Still not over the opening to this anime either. If Tsugumi keeps leaving herself open, I'm sure Meme is going to take advantage of that with a tickle attack. >:3 Anya was ready to get wet, with water that is. XD There was more than one kind of fan service in "Cana" Saying Ahh~ into the fan, now that's what I call fan service. I didn't see Kim being a witch, but whao I should have saw that one coming. That last little bit of the episode was way cute, I thought I was going to die form a cuteness overload. Can't wait for the next episode! :D
May 6, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Soul Eater Not is more like a shoujo ai
for me not actually remember Soul Eater
_________

Soul Eater Not está mais parecendo um shoujo ai
para mim nem lembra Soul Eater na verdade
May 6, 2014 9:36 PM

Oct 2013
This moeness, this yuriness
HHHHNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!
Please Stop, my penis can only get so erect.
"Burn the heretics"
May 6, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
Ah the smell of Yuri in the air~I really can't believe that I'm still watching this show -_-

May 6, 2014 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
The yuriness is overpowering. Plus, we all know how it is Jaquelin... To quote another anime character

"I just had a dream where I was kissing a female classmate, Freud must be laughing at me!" ~Kyon (From memory, don't kill me if its wrong..."

Nice episode, while the main plot is being introduced in the background. I wonder if this will be split cour, since they aren't even at the end of the second volume yet, of five...They are padding out the episodes with more than the manga which is great since it makes you like the characters more, but there's a scene I want to see soon...It will probably be here in two episodes I think.
May 6, 2014 10:11 PM
Feb 2013
cyclone1993 said:
Nice episode, while the main plot is being introduced in the background. I wonder if this will be split cour, since they aren't even at the end of the second volume yet, of five...They are padding out the episodes with more than the manga which is great since it makes you like the characters more, but there's a scene I want to see soon...It will probably be here in two episodes I think.

They've been mixing stuff from later, untranslated chapters into these earlier scenes. The bit with Clay's relationship chart in the previous episode, for example, and Jackie discovering that Kim is a witch and the two of them becoming partners in this episode: all that stuff happened much later in the manga than it did here.
May 6, 2014 10:35 PM

Jan 2014
Boom! Kim x Jacqueline just switched my yuri goggles to full power.
May 7, 2014 2:21 AM

Feb 2012
Not much of a yuri person, but I really enjoyed this episode.. It was cute. That dream in the beginning caught me off guard. LOL!

That dog Kim saved was not adorable at all, but it sure can jump high. Haha
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 7, 2014 2:58 AM
Sep 2013
Lol should this be tagged as Yuri? Jkjk...I like this episode. It was sweet and relaxing :D
May 7, 2014 3:51 AM

Nov 2013
This show isn't exactly my cup of tea.. The comedy is ok but it's getting old now. The show as a whole is not boring at least.
Not much to say about this episode, cooking and playing with water. Also some matchmaking which was pretty funny at some points.
Finally a villain? I'm interested. 3/5

Death the Kid makes an appearance next episode, SYMMETRY!!
May 7, 2014 4:30 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
What a cute episode!!
Kim and Jacquine are adorable together and that yuri scene in the beginning!
Saw some complaints on nyaa saying that the pacing is too slow and it's a sad sequel to Soul Eater... people don't understand this is a spin off :/

Now lets see if we can't get a three way yuri love triangle on the roll!
May 7, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2014
Kim x Jacqueline pairing is adorable. I'm overflowing with happiness :3

Aah, I really want to take Kana-chan home now~~
May 7, 2014 8:10 AM

May 2008
So cute, that hug at the end :D. They solved the witch problem really quickly, Im glad though, would hate to see kim become bad.ALSO DEATH THE KID NEXT WEEK HOLY CRAP

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 7, 2014 8:40 AM
Oct 2010
So much yuri XD

That middle card with Jacqueline chasing a raccoon dog was too cute (and symbolic)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 7, 2014 5:10 PM

May 2012
Holy MoFo Kid next week..
I didnt really pay attention to Kim in the original series thats why she being a witch surprise me(or it only mention in manga?)

May 7, 2014 5:39 PM
Feb 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
I didnt really pay attention to Kim in the original series thats why she being a witch surprise me(or it only mention in manga?)

The Soul Eater anime diverged from the manga before the point where Kim was revealed as a witch, so the reveal ended up being manga-only. One of many reasons why people who watched the anime should erase it from their minds and go read the manga instead. :P
May 7, 2014 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
Even knowing that this isn't like the original Soul Eater, I still can't seem to really get into this series. Will probably drop it, but I'm keep hoping it will get better.

This episode had some moments that were good, and the fanservice was great. Kim at the pool, epic.

Overall gonna have to give this one a 4/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 7, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2009
That glorious yuri.

Good episode. I'm still enjoying this a lot.
May 7, 2014 8:10 PM

Nov 2013
Dark_Messiah said:

didn't even know she existed in the original lol
May 7, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
The yuri is so fucking strong in this one..

and this http://i.imgur.com/TnAhN5k.jpg

Suffice to say it also made my heart goes "kyuuuuun"
MoeGodMay 7, 2014 9:20 PM
May 7, 2014 10:00 PM

May 2012
Celestrial2 said:
Dark_Messiah said:

didn't even know she existed in the original lol
IKR?? haha until I searched it on youtube.

I tried to pick up the manga but I end up confused,. Will try it again somewhere down the road..

May 8, 2014 9:26 AM

Dec 2011
Holy crap! Death the Kid next episode! Hell yeah. With Liz and Patty too!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2014 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
I'm enjoying this anime way too much for a guy...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.