Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tarot cards?! What is this, Nobunaga the Fool?

Anyways, we meet more characters this episode. Anya was pretty silly to watch though. And damn, now that I think about it, their school is pretty fancy. Anyways, cute episode overall. DAT KICK.

And it's funny seeing the girls at the cafe.
LunaMay 1, 2014 2:38 AM
Apr 15, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
Gagantosu! The girls worked at the cafe! I think the series title should be changed into "Shibu-Sen!!" as the same naming way of "K-On!!". I got reminded that the main characters also worked part‐time in the early episodes of K-On!!.

Anyway, Anya is so cute. Because she is not obedient well, but she is easy to understand.

P.S. Everyone has one's family crest in Japan. Why Tsugumi was surprised at Anya's brooch? Or there are people who have no family emblem in occidental?
dmrchApr 15, 2014 10:34 AM
Apr 15, 2014 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
dmrch said:
Gagantosu! The girls worked at the cafe! I think the series title should be changed into "Shibu-Sen!!" as the same naming way of "K-On!!". I got reminded that the main characters also worked part‐time in the early episodes of K-On!!.

Anyway, Anya is so cute. Because she is not obedient well, but she is easy to understand.

P.S. Everyone has one's family crest in Japan. Why Tsugumi was surprised at Anya's brooch? Or there are people who have no family emblem in occidental?

Most people don't have crest (at least in my country). Or don't use them anymore.
I think my familly has one but it's not like it's really important.
The only people for whom it's important is nobless or old important famillies

The episode was really cute, I'd like to see a bit more action thought^^

Tsu-tsu- ...gumin...XD
Shakkin-shitsujiApr 15, 2014 11:00 AM
Apr 15, 2014 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Shakkin-shitsuji said:
Most people don't have crest (at least in my country). Or don't use them anymore.
I think my familly has one but it's not like it's really important.
The only people for whom it's important is nobless or old important famillies

Thank you.
In Japan, they need it when they hold a funeral at least, or when they get traditional formal clothes.
By the way, my avatar is my family crest.
Apr 15, 2014 11:11 AM

Dec 2010
Is that Ren-chon?

anyway more yuri undertones this episodes, looking forward to Akane and clay fight next episode
Apr 15, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2013
Anya looked good in that dress. Meme sure can fight better when she's asleep lol. This was a good episode.
Apr 15, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2009
1. Freaky housemaster & the person who saved tsugumi took her allowance too

2. Those café outfits looked good, particularly on the guys

3. Loving this slice of life ep, especially the fact that the girls will fight over tsugumi.

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 15, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
"Royal karate training" That sounds funny :P

"Gagantous" Why does she keep saying that?

Lol at Meme's sleep fighting.

"If you're gonna be DWMA students, you have to live in peace with the housemaster, even if she is psycho." LOL

Sold her brooch to buy all that junk and now they are all broke :P

"You perv" Their reactions made that moment great :3

"Gumin" Ha, if that becomes her nickname XD
Apr 15, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2007
Cuteness overload. God this have nothing to do with Soul Eater yet i LOVE IT. I just have a silly smile in my face but damn i enjoyed this too much :D Anya is so damn cute, Tsugumi is awesome(Gagantous what) and Meme is pissing me off but who cares :P I'm quite intered in the two guys that are following them and the "witch" too. The two guys have something to do with Anya i guess(bodyguards?). The witch seems like an "evil" senpai. Oh well can't wait for maor :3
Apr 15, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
Anya is always alone isn't she? But hey she gradually improves throughout the episode. How cute of her when she blushes.

That night fight was pretty absurd, but thanks to a friend and saved them.

They executed their jobs really well, Anya saying her name at the end XD.

Apr 15, 2014 3:17 PM

Feb 2013
Somehow this is quite enjoyable.
I still love the fact that just EVERYTHING is decorated with Shinigami-sama.
Is it strange that I find Tsugumi's 'Gagantous' to be ridiculous adorable?

Apr 15, 2014 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
It's funny because

Can we assume that, Soul Eater Not! is a prequel because Patty and Liz aren't Kid's weapons yet?

Go home Ren-chon, you're in Death City.
Jean-chyanApr 15, 2014 3:44 PM
"I played the game called "Real Life" once, the Graphics were amazing but, the Story sucks. PVP was not allowed. The Physics Engine was very shitty. I wasn't fond of the Characters too. The Soundtrack was great until the 90's update. Respawn time sucked as well. "

Chuunibyous>Lolis=Bishounens>pile of shit>Tsunderes

Click "See all" for an adventure (See all)
Apr 15, 2014 3:59 PM

May 2012
Cute episode. I feel so happy after watching this.
Apr 15, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2009
This is not as bad as everyone made this series out to be.
Apr 15, 2014 4:31 PM
Feb 2013
batman_nananana said:
It's funny because

Can we assume that, Soul Eater Not! is a prequel because Patty and Liz aren't Kid's weapons yet?

Yes, NOT is officially set before Soul Eater.

In other news, Akane and Clay are characters who showed up late in the Soul Eater manga to help out in the final battle with the Kishin. It's possible their presence came after the anime diverged from the manga storyline, so anime-only viewers may not know them.
Apr 15, 2014 4:45 PM

Jul 2012
Woot! Cute episode this week as well~! x3

That one girl with the Tarot cards....so cute! x3
The psycho dorm keeper! x3
The witch of the dorm huh? So she steals money? o-o

Anyways, looks like the gang just got a new part time job to work at! This maid outfits were so cute! x3
Apr 15, 2014 4:47 PM

Sep 2012
batman_nananana said:
It's funny because

I almost forgot about that, haha. Damn, Kim's design changed a shit ton. Didn't recognize her until they said her name
Apr 15, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2012
that was pretty painful to watch...i might have to drop this depending on what happens next week. the character designs aren't bad but the way they're portrayed/animated is just horrendous and i hope it improves/
Apr 15, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
Madcat6204 said:
batman_nananana said:
It's funny because

Yes, NOT is officially set before Soul Eater.

In other news, Akane and Clay are characters who showed up late in the Soul Eater manga to help out in the final battle with the Kishin. It's possible their presence came after the anime diverged from the manga storyline, so anime-only viewers may not know them.

Man. I hope this show become's extremely popular. Who knows, if this show has good reviews from the critics, Soul Eater would get a remake w/c is direct to the manga.
"I played the game called "Real Life" once, the Graphics were amazing but, the Story sucks. PVP was not allowed. The Physics Engine was very shitty. I wasn't fond of the Characters too. The Soundtrack was great until the 90's update. Respawn time sucked as well. "

Chuunibyous>Lolis=Bishounens>pile of shit>Tsunderes

Click "See all" for an adventure (See all)
Apr 15, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2010
This is really good.Im so glad that i was wrong, and this spinoff turned out to actually be really fun.GAGANTOUS!
REN-CHON SPOTTED! NYANPASU!
I spotted Fukawa -Genocider mode- from Danganronpa in opening as well...the hell.

Gumin/10
incompleteAEGISApr 15, 2014 5:49 PM
Apr 15, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
That Kim is a bitch for taking her money.

But my annoyance quickly faded with Anya's moeness especially in her waitress outfit.

Anya is so moe <3
Apr 15, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2011
Anya is just too adorable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
Got lot of cute moments in this episode. I hope the next one would be more action-pack! :D

The cameos are awesome, keep them coming!
Apr 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Dec 2013
ALRIGHT LETS GO

TATANE MEME + HARUDORI TSUGUMI

VERSUS

ROCK LEE + SAKE
Apr 15, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2007
I'm sad cause this episode was really good and when I was getting excited... so it's over.
Anya best girl.
I hope it gets a good popularity, too. Bones is making a good job here.
Apr 15, 2014 7:47 PM

Dec 2010
A nice, light, and fluffy episode. Nothing to really hate here, although it was a bit slow, but I liked it!

Anya does look better in the waitress outfit, her design is the only one that really bothers me, her face looks kind of odd...

But this episode reminded me of why I like Meme so much! Master of sleeping Kung-Fu is quite a title to have! Also, best ship is obviously Anya x Josephine.

I still love that OP too, especially the dancing part! From the rate that they are progressing through the series, I believe its safe to say that this will be two cour.
Apr 15, 2014 8:12 PM

Dec 2013
Not an all together horrible episode, but this one remains in danger of dropping. This is only the second episode and felt like filler, I've never read the spin-off manga so I guess this may have happened but it just seemed pointless. It was really boring. If it's anything like the original Soul Eater, it'll take a while to get good, it took SE a season and a half to really get good imo.

Here's hoping it improves soon.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 15, 2014 8:22 PM

Jan 2011
The_Bif said:
Not an all together horrible episode, but this one remains in danger of dropping. This is only the second episode and felt like filler, I've never read the spin-off manga so I guess this may have happened but it just seemed pointless. It was really boring. If it's anything like the original Soul Eater, it'll take a while to get good, it took SE a season and a half to really get good imo.

if you're thinking this is gonna be like soul eater you're gonna have a bad time :P though i'd like to think something remotely interesting will happen in the later episodes.
Apr 15, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
Tsundere Mugi-chan is really adorable and interesting to watch.
Apr 15, 2014 8:58 PM
Dec 2013
iLostReason said:
This is really good.Im so glad that i was wrong, and this spinoff turned out to actually be really fun.GAGANTOUS!
REN-CHON SPOTTED! NYANPASU!
I spotted Fukawa -Genocider mode- from Danganronpa in opening as well...the hell.

Gumin/10

What do they mean when they keep saying gagantous?
Apr 15, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2014
I already read the manga so far. I wished we saw more of Kim. Anyways, this was a cute episode, I imagined the cafe scenario beings its own episode, that would be funny. Next episode, we finally get to see some Clay n Akane action.... so excited !!!!! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 10:03 PM

Feb 2008
This is so cute and fun and oh god I hope there's not too much drama later on.
Apr 16, 2014 1:03 AM

Apr 2014
Honestly, after this second episode, I'm almost certain that the author of the manga just wanted to make a simple slice of life moe type story, but figured it would get more attention if he slapped the Soul Eater title on it. To me it feels like this show could have taken place in any generic high school, magical or not, and aside from some brief callbacks it almost completely ignores what makes the Soul Eater universe so interesting. Spin off or not, Soul Eater NOT, has NOT impressed me in the slightest.
Apr 16, 2014 1:06 AM

Jul 2013
Emotives said:
ALRIGHT LETS GO

TATANE MEME + HARUDORI TSUGUMI

VERSUS

ROCK LEE + SAKE

LOLOL this.

Anya, too adorable.
Apr 16, 2014 2:55 AM

Jan 2008
Ahh, I had my doubts when I started this series, but this was so adorable. Absolutely loved it.
Apr 16, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2012
I SAW THEM! PANTSU! xD
Apr 16, 2014 6:38 AM

Apr 2012
"The Fool" is an actual tarot card, Anya :)
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 16, 2014 6:39 AM

Apr 2010
So Anya showed that she doesn't have a sense of money yet, tho it seems the school is trying to encourage a sense of money in the students by giving them an allowance.
A shame about the brooch tho hope they get it back or better said seems those two guys need to get it back, since it's obvious what their function is.

That which girl was lame robbing an innocent student like that, hope Tsugimi wont fall for the trick again.
As for the guardian of the dorm.
Seems Tsugumi needs to watch where she goes and what she does.
Apr 16, 2014 7:27 AM

Jul 2010
LunamariaHawke said:
"The Fool" is an actual tarot card, Anya :)
I think she meant Pig one.
Apr 16, 2014 7:49 AM

Jun 2012
Tsugumin!

Well, that was really cute. Anya is such a tsundere.
Apr 16, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2008
Anya so tsundere loool... Hopefully we get some plot inb4 its at the end xD
Apr 16, 2014 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
I don't know why, but throughout this whole episode I just had a giant grin on my face. I think this will be just a really nice 'feel-good' series. Also, at first I thought Anya was gonna be like Weiss from RWBY, but I like Anya more in this show because she's NOT A STUCK UP BITCH LIKE WEISS.
Keep Calm and Hail Hydra
Apr 16, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
So this really is Soul Eater K-On with possible yuri subtext, eh? I'm okay with that.
Anya's tsundere tendencies have no right to be so cute, god damn.
Apr 16, 2014 10:29 AM

Dec 2009
The_Bif said:

Some of it was filler. In the manga you never got to see Anya actually spend the money or sell her broach. Last episode you didn't get introduced to Death the Kid until around chapter 8 or so,, and Soul and Maka's demonstration didn't happen until chapter 3 or 4 (it's been awhile, my memory is a little foggy).

However, despite the divergence, I can tell you that it does pick up. Especially when Liz and Patti are working at the café due to community service. Oh and when Kid (officially) appears, it's quite funny. He has the power of hypnosis.. LOL.

This episode was cute, and I finally got to see one of my favorite moments in the spin off manga, Anya scene in her maid uniform. So cute. Though I can't wait for it to pick up. I want to see Kiddo...

Apr 16, 2014 10:47 AM

Mar 2014
I watched this episode again.
I noticed that Maka and Soul walked in the dining hall of DWMA.
However they were drawn very roughly. And Maka seemed to wear no skirt and no pantie.
dmrchApr 16, 2014 11:28 AM
Apr 16, 2014 11:17 AM

Oct 2012
The first episode was allright, but this one was a let down for me...
Apr 16, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2008
Where's.....Mako and Soul Eater sob.

Anyways, wow Anya bought Ramune! My go-to drink when I go to an asian supermarket lol.
I know everyone is always tired of tsunderes, but man, is Anya really cute!! I really like her voice actress too.
Apr 16, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
These characters are painful to watch. I want some action or to Maka, Soul, Black Star, or Death the Kid.

Great episode!!!
Apr 16, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty meh episode. Where's Black☆Star? 3/5
Some funny moments there but overall it wasn't anything special. Seems like this isn't the show for me if the rest is like this episode. Too bad because I really want to like it :\
Apr 16, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2010
It was fine. Im still interested i guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.