Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 19, 2008 10:10 AM
Aug 2007
Gorgeous. This is what quality Tsubasa looks like! :3

The scene between C!Syaoran and Sakura broke my heart, along with the devouring of Fai's eye. Loved the animation for R!Syaoran's lightning attack. Even Fei Wong's "deposition" speech was top-notch (and so haughty - typical Fei! XD), and Yuko-san looked as beautiful as ever.

Can't wait for the last part. Subaru and Kamui time! *cheers*
Jan 19, 2008 10:18 AM

Oct 2007
XD OMG it was brilliant!!!!

loved every minute of it and great action ^_^

only one more episode to go and 2 month wait again XD but cant wait to watch it!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2008 11:59 AM

Jul 2007
Amazing episode, best part was definitely the part where Fai's eye was being eaten and the fight between both Syaoran's, Anyways I can't wait to see how this all ends^^,though March 17 feels so far away xP
Jan 19, 2008 1:25 PM

Mar 2007
This was really good! Lots of action (finally! -_- ) and the story moves along.

I just wish they hadn't shown so much "blood". I'm such a sensitive person (aka: chicken). xD

Poor Fay! T_T now let's see if Sakura can do SOMETHING useful and what the tube!syaoran does... I can't wait for the next part! :O

PS: Are we finally getting an ending? -_- or will they just leave us "incomplete" again?
Jan 19, 2008 1:38 PM

Jul 2007
algelic said:
This was really good! Lots of action (finally! -_- ) and the story moves along.

I just wish they hadn't shown so much "blood". I'm such a sensitive person (aka: chicken). xD

Poor Fay! T_T now let's see if Sakura can do SOMETHING useful and what the tube!syaoran does... I can't wait for the next part! :O

PS: Are we finally getting an ending? -_- or will they just leave us "incomplete" again?

Well, considering that manga is ongoing - it won't be an ending.

Tokyo is but a mere turning point from where the series take a very dark turns

but don't worry - theres already a possibility that we will get more OVAs to cover all other worlds after Tokyo. and even if we would not - Tokyo will kind of give some sort of conclusion, way better than typical season ending.
Jan 19, 2008 1:48 PM

Mar 2007
Fai said:

Well, considering that manga is ongoing - it won't be an ending.

Tokyo is but a mere turning point from where the series take a very dark turns

but don't worry - theres already a possibility that we will get more OVAs to cover all other worlds after Tokyo. and even if we would not - Tokyo will kind of give some sort of conclusion, way better than typical season ending.

I know! But there are lots of anime series that had an ending even though the manga wasn't completed! :O they should find a way!

Even if they made more OVAs... how old would I be when the story was finished? T_T
Jan 19, 2008 2:06 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
algelic said:
I know! But there are lots of anime series that had an ending even though the manga wasn't completed! :O they should find a way!

Even if they made more OVAs... how old would I be when the story was finished? T_T
They should not find a way! Blasphemy!

Beetrain ruined the manga. This set of OAD was made because of the appalling outcome of the anime. They have stuck very close to the manga with this, and are releasing the DVDs with the manga volumes to fans. So basically, the last thing they want to do is make some pseudo ending that has nothing to do with the manga like how other animes do it. That would just enrage the fans.

However, if they get high sales of this OAD, they'll like do in Infinity as well. Refer back to Episode 1 discussion. We discussed all of this there. That said...

My Impression:

FREAKING FABULOUS! I could see so many images from the manga come to life. And the speech that R!Syao gives the clone gave me tingles. So did Fei Wang talking to Xing Huo while she was dead... it was powerful in the manga, and also here.

Kurogane running to Fai's side? Fai trying to give him back his eye? The dialouge was close to identical as well.

Fabulous. Simply fabulous. I'd make an image of the last scene with bloody R!Syao if I hadn't just changed my sig. Maybe I will later ^^

I can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 19, 2008 5:32 PM
Jun 2007
Awesome episode. I was pretending clueless during the time I was watching it (since I already know what's going to happen, XD lmao).. Damn, I shouldn't have read the manga.. But I just can't help myself, they're sooo slow on making the anime. Well, can't blame them since the manga's slow too.

Manga Spoiler:
cyruzJan 26, 2008 3:56 AM
Jan 19, 2008 6:28 PM

Jan 2008
Continues to be amazing. Oh how I wish that Production I.G had done all of Tsubasa, it would have been such a great series. I do hope that there is a real third season with Production I.G behind the wheel though.
Jan 19, 2008 6:43 PM

Nov 2004
I need to say right now THAT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME. I've waited for like 1 year for this episode to come true (I still remember crying when I realized that Bee Train was NOT going to animate this in the second season, that they would finish season 2 in Record Country because this Tokyo arc was still running while season 2 was being released). But it was well damn worth the wait.

I've always liked the character development that Fay got in this arc. Although it costed him his eye, as Kurogane knows, he truly wanted to help Sakura and Syaoran even if it meant throwing away what he previously stated and believed (he wouldn't get involved with their affairs, risk his life merely for theirs and etc). And this is like the first time in the series also you'll notice Fay is actually making honest expressions. Not his little smiling faces and playing dumb all the time. And I was really surprised last year with the revelation that he knew c!Syaoran was a clone. But he didn't care (and more like he didn't care because he didn't care for c!Syaoran's welfare at all). And by the time the journey got to the Tokyo arc, Fay reluctantly ends up liking c!Syaoran and Sakura, going through the trouble of helping him (I assumed that he went with c!Syaoran on that hunting trip because he knew what was gonna happen soon so he kept following him around - leaving Kurogane with Sakura who can't help c!Syaoran any longer). I really liked how Kurogane understood everything on this about Fay, and the turmoil he was going through. And it's just sad how both Fay and r!Syaoran both a placed a bet to save c!Syaoran, with both of their bets failing.

Seeing Subaru is just <3. Haha. But yeah, the anime did better to show that Kamui was still around when c!Syaoran, r!Syaoran and Kurogane fought. I remember in the manga, we were all that "WHAT? Where did Kamui go?" since he disappeared from the panels. The anime at least shows him running around a bit probably worrying about how all of this is affecting Subaru.

I noticed one bit of censoring in this anime version. That is during the scene where c!Syaoran is pulling on Kamui's arm. I'm pretty sure he pulled the arm clean off in the manga (not that it matters since Kamui's a vampire).

One complaint I have, which might be my own misunderstanding was how the anime animated Fay's magic. I thought Fay wrote those letters on midair for his magic to work? I was disappointed they just had it flying out of his hands. Same with c!Syaoran whom I remembered also writing it out like Fay did in episode 1 of Tsubasa to use his magic.

And I still sooo pity the people of Tokyo Country, all of their water is gone because of these strange people and the barrier is gone also. T.T And I still LOL at the fact that Kurogane did nothing in this arc action-wise (besides protect Fay with his own body). Longest episode discussion post I've made on MAL but... this arc is the reason why Tsubasa is on my favourite manga list. This episode / part of the story in particular. It needed to be done! XD

By the way, I don't think making a third season is ever gonna be possible with Tsubasa. There isn't enough material. Look at how 3 episodes rams right through an entire manga arc which took a long time to finish in the manga.
CrystalJan 19, 2008 6:48 PM
Jan 19, 2008 7:13 PM

Oct 2007
Pardon my French, but this OVA is brilliant – absobloodylutely brilliant! I feared that after seeing the first OVA in all it's awesomeness that this one would fall short, because the bar was set so high, but I'm glad that I was wrong – it surpassed it! Of course, now I fear that the bar has been raised even further for the third OVA to surpass.

I especially like the fighting between Kamui vs. C!Syaoran and later between the two Syaorans – it is difficult sometimes to figure what is happen in the manga, because there is so many things going on at the same time and to have a visual representation of it really helps what the authors had in mind when they drew that particular fight.

The scene where C!Syaoran ate Fai's eye was very well done and somewhat gruesome, given that the majority of the incident was done off screen. I like how C!Syaoran was conveyed trying to bite off the other eye when Kurogane stopped him from using his hand. Also the scene when C!Syaoran left Sakura and company was really poignant and heartbreaking – although C!Syaoran had more emotion than I thought he should have. Finally, the cliff-hanger ending was also well done and I reckon rather suspenseful for those who haven't read the manga.

Now, I have a stupid question that would make me look like a noob, but I have to ask, because it's bugging me. Just what is Fei-Wang Reed's (FWR) relationship to Clow Reed? I ask because in the OVA Shinsen-Subs tells us that FWR is Clow's descendent (like Syaoran), but in the English translation by Del Rey (IX, lxiv, pp. 135-163) they revealed that FWR is Clow's ancestor – two very different things! So, who’s correct Shinsen-Subs or Del Rey?
Jan 19, 2008 9:03 PM

Jan 2008
Chii said:
All I have to say is,

AMAZING, STUNNING, BRILLIANT, BREATHTAKING!!

Its was so well done! Fai's eye scene was PERFECT! I am so glad I didnt wait months for that for nothing.

R!Syaoran and C!Syaoran fight scene was stunning! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Can't wait for the subbed version now so I can understand better at what they're saying.

My favourite bits included:
~Fai's eye scene (number one fav)
~Kamui and Subaru scene
~Kurogane kicking clone Syaorans ass. THAT was awesome indeed!

Love Love Love,
Out of 10...I'd say about 1,000,000,000

Im going to watch it again.

Much Love,
Chii xoxox

You can watch the subbed version on veoh.com. You'll have to download VeohTV but it's worth it because the picture quality is amazing.

But wow, that was an amazing OVA. The graphics were gorgeous. The fight seens were stunning. I love how the real Syaoran has Shaoran Li's sword and magic like in CCS. That scene wasn't even in the manga. The taking of Fai's eye was gory. Sakura's plea to have Real Syaoran not kill Syaoran was sad, and Real Syaoran gets hurt because of it. It's sad that after all these years, Syaoran still hasn't cultivated his own heart, yet in the end, when Sakura told him to stay, he hesitated. That means some part of him still has feelings for her. The body remembers what the heart does not.

I'll have to watch this again after re-watching the first OVA, and then when the third comes out (after waiting 2 whole months!!) I'll re-watch all the OVAs together. I hope they make more after the 3rd though, since the manga is still ongoing and I doubt they'd be able to fit it all in 30 min.
Jan 19, 2008 11:32 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Rainulf said:
spoiler that you DO NOT KNOW:
What would possibly make you want to post that here, spoiler tags or not? I believe it says at the beginning "DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE".

Crystal said:
I noticed one bit of censoring in this anime version. That is during the scene where c!Syaoran is pulling on Kamui's arm. I'm pretty sure he pulled the arm clean off in the manga (not that it matters since Kamui's a vampire).
I couldn't really see his arm clean off there either (it was a quick shot, I think) but I remember Kamui talking to C!Syao, and as he was talking, blood was pooling to where his arm should have been and reforming. I'll have to go and take a look at it again.

Crystal said:
One complaint I have, which might be my own misunderstanding was how the anime animated Fay's magic.
I noticed that, too. Bugged me a bit as well. I'm going to have to go over the manga images and see what it looked like there, but I think you're right - he wrote it out. I wonder why they decided to do it that way. It loses its elegance.

Taylor_Tertius said:
Just what is Fei-Wang Reed's (FWR) relationship to Clow Reed? [...]
Syaoran and FWR are both decsendants of Clow Reed. If it says in Del Rey (and I own all the books of TRC) that FWR is Clow's ancestor, then it was probably a typing error. They're pretty good about keeping the story as the story. They would have meant that Clow is FWR's ancestor. I don't remember seeing this mix up, but perhaps I glossed over it because I already knew.
KinetaJan 19, 2008 11:42 PM
Jan 20, 2008 12:38 AM
Jun 2007
Wow... I thought i was going to fall off my couch watching this one. Hope the next one is just as great if not better!
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2008 12:42 AM
Jun 2007
the whole episode i was just staring at my screen going OMG OMG OMG hahahaha it was jsut tooooooo good.........

all da fighting scenes were awesome (they all look so hot and cool KYA~~~ haha).....
feel really sry for fai's eye (since hes my favorite)........
being relaly disappointed that the episode ended sooooo soon......
really want to watch the other episodes cuz the story is finally getting really good
clearing everything up til now.....

I'll say this is the best anime and episode for me rite now out of all the ones that i'm watching now ^3^
Jan 20, 2008 4:57 AM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:
Taylor_Tertius said:
Just what is Fei-Wang Reed's (FWR) relationship to Clow Reed? [...]
Syaoran and FWR are both decsendants of Clow Reed. If it says in Del Rey (and I own all the books of TRC) that FWR is Clow's ancestor, then it was probably a typing error. They're pretty good about keeping the story as the story. They would have meant that Clow is FWR's ancestor. I don't remember seeing this mix up, but perhaps I glossed over it because I already knew.
Really? Now that makes more sense – at least peripherally speaking, though I was hoping that FWR was Clow Reed's ancestor – it would have been nice to know something about Clow Reed's family history. Oh well, I reckon that it is an easy part to mistranslation – Japanese is a tricky language. Yeah, the passage I was referring to could be found in Chapitre 64 (Volume 9) of the English translation of the series by Del Rey, if you want to check it out. I provided the quote below (emphasis added).

said:
Syaoran and FWR are both decsendants of Clow Reed. If it says in Del Rey (and I own all the books of TRC) that FWR is Clow's ancestor, then it was probably a typing error. They're pretty good about keeping the story as the story. They would have meant that Clow is FWR's ancestor. I don't remember seeing this mix up, but perhaps I glossed over it because I already knew.Really? Now that makes more sense – at least peripherally speaking, though I was hoping that FWR was Clow Reed's ancestor – it would have been nice to know something about Clow Reed's family history. Oh well, I reckon that it is an easy part to mistranslation – Japanese is a tricky language. Yeah, the passage I was referring to could be found in Chapitre 64 (Volume 9) of the English translation of the series by Del Rey, if you want to check it out. I provided the quote below (emphasis added).

Fei-Wang Reed, TRC said:
That woman's [Yûko Ichihara] power is the only magic that my descendant, Clow Reed has deigned to recognize.
So, you can see from the quote above, how I could have easily mistaken FWR as Clow Reed's ancestor!

Huh, I wonder if they corrected that mistake in future printings of volume nine, I should check that out the next time I buy manga. I'm surprised that Del Rey didn't correct themselves in the Translation Notes of future volumes (i.e., volume 10 and onwards) either, they're usually good at doing that.

In any case, thanks for the answer Kineta!

ETA: I'm sorry for my post seemingly duplicating itself partway through, I have tried to edit the part out five times (the duplication wasn't in the original post), but it doesn't seem to want to stay... well, deleted. So, please forgive the unsightliness of the post.
Taylor_TertiusJan 20, 2008 5:33 AM
Jan 20, 2008 8:10 AM

Aug 2007
As I was watching the episode the only thing I could say was "woow"!!
Trully an amazing episode, it had more blood then usual but I'm glad it did, it's about time Tsubasa got some real action! And I should really start reading the manga, It should help me understand a bit about a few things that they mentioned.
I was glued to the screen waiting for more XD It's a shame the next episode is not out yet! Well i'll be waiting for the next one...
Jan 20, 2008 8:30 AM

Nov 2004
Kineta said:
Rainulf said:
spoiler that you DO NOT KNOW:
What would possibly make you want to post that here, spoiler tags or not? I believe it says at the beginning "DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE".

I actually got annoyed at that. I reported it to a certain mod T.T *coughs* but he didn't see why it should be removed since it's under spoiler tags. After that I was gonna argue it out with him but because of our huge time differences I haven't got around to doing that yet. I'm under the opinion that should be removed though, since it's a highly useless spoiler that only serves to RUIN IT for every anime watcher here. I'll look into getting rid of that.
Kineta said:

Crystal said:
I couldn't really see his arm clean off there either (it was a quick shot, I think) but I remember Kamui talking to C!Syao, and as he was talking, blood was pooling to where his arm should have been and reforming. I'll have to go and take a look at it again.

I'm pretty sure the manga he had his arm ripped off. I don't have any reference though to prove it. But I remember the Kamui fangirls making an outcry about Kamui losing his arm after that chapter (not that it mattered since the next chapter he's fine again).
Kineta said:

Crystal said:
One complaint I have, which might be my own misunderstanding was how the anime animated Fay's magic.
I noticed that, too. Bugged me a bit as well. I'm going to have to go over the manga images and see what it looked like there, but I think you're right - he wrote it out. I wonder why they decided to do it that way. It loses its elegance.

Exactly! It was much cooler if he wrote it out. I think it should be written out anyway because the only reason why both he and c!Syaoran puts two fingers together was so that it could act as something they would write with. And episode one did it.

Hmm. If you look at it more closely the anime adaptation isn't perfect either. I'm slowly starting to see a lot of problems here and there. The most apparent would be tension actually. Majority of this episode is good only because the original material was good. I was actually disappointed in some of my favourite scenes because there was less... tension and drama then I expected. I'll applaud them for the song of storm and fire scene though.
Jan 20, 2008 10:39 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Crystal said:
I actually got annoyed at that. I reported it to a certain mod T.T *coughs* but he didn't see why it should be removed since it's under spoiler tags. After that I was gonna argue it out with him but because of our huge time differences I haven't got around to doing that yet. I'm under the opinion that should be removed though, since it's a highly useless spoiler that only serves to RUIN IT for every anime watcher here. I'll look into getting rid of that.
Great, thanks :) That irritated me a lot. If you need more people to voice their annoyance, let me know and I'll PM him.

Crystal said:
I'm pretty sure the manga he had his arm ripped off. I don't have any reference though to prove it. But I remember the Kamui fangirls making an outcry about Kamui losing his arm after that chapter (not that it mattered since the next chapter he's fine again).
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant, in the anime, I remember blood moving to Kamui's arm, and healing it, so I thought that C!Syao had pulled it off. However, I went back and looked at it, and you're right, he pulled it hard, but not clean off. Yeah, I remember freaking out when that chapter of the manga came out, and I'm not even a big Kamui fan ^^

Crystal said:
Hmm. If you look at it more closely the anime adaptation isn't perfect either. I'm slowly starting to see a lot of problems here and there. The most apparent [would be tension actually. Majority of this episode is good only because the original material was good. I was actually disappointed in some of my favourite scenes because there was less... tension and drama then I expected. I'll applaud them for the song of storm and fire scene though.
I know what you mean by this. I am more excited to see this arc being animated - closer to form than anything Beetrain ever did - than really am excited about the anime itself. In fact, there are a lot of places where I didn't particularly think the animation quality was up to par, for example. And there were some places that the flow of the episode felt a little disjointed to me - perhaps due to the tension, as you said. But the first time I watch it, I don't really notice much of this because I'm way to excited to just see them moving - primarily, like they should ^^
Jan 20, 2008 12:14 PM

Aug 2007
yay, this second OVA was very excited... Wow, poor Fai...
Jan 20, 2008 1:38 PM

Jun 2007
Crystal said:

Seeing Subaru is just <3. Haha.

^^
my heart jumped @
Jan 20, 2008 2:35 PM

Sep 2007
Oohh! I absolutely loved it! It was amazing! Now I have too buy more volumes of the manga.. I'll buy it from the internet if the store I buy manga from doesn't have more volumes of this series when i get there..
Jan 20, 2008 8:43 PM

Nov 2004
Kineta said:
Great, thanks :) That irritated me a lot. If you need more people to voice their annoyance, let me know and I'll PM him.

Kineta, the mods rejected my request. Apparently it's not against the rules. I still think it's stupid though but my opinion can't change the rules so *shrugs*. You can try sending a PM but I'm not sure what that would do (plus the mods in question are actually reading what I'm typing and they're technically my close friends so eh.. I won't pursue this matter anymore just cause I don't like disagreeing with my friends). You can try sending a PM to one of the mods (kei-clone, Kanashimi or cyruz) with your argument, but as posting future manga spoilers under spoiler tabs is not against the rules I'm not sure what that will do.

This technically doesn't affect us in anyway, since we're not the ones getting spoiled here. But the issue I'm currently having with now is MAL's stance on spoilers to begin with. I just don't agree with it now. *sighs*

Kineta said:
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant, in the anime, I remember blood moving to Kamui's arm, and healing it, so I thought that C!Syao had pulled it off. However, I went back and looked at it, and you're right, he pulled it hard, but not clean off. Yeah, I remember freaking out when that chapter of the manga came out, and I'm not even a big Kamui fan ^^

I'll need to look again. I thought he pulled it off. Heh. I see.

Kineta said:
I know what you mean by this. I am more excited to see this arc being animated - closer to form than anything Beetrain ever did - than really am excited about the anime itself. In fact, there are a lot of places where I didn't particularly think the animation quality was up to par, for example. And there were some places that the flow of the episode felt a little disjointed to me - perhaps due to the tension, as you said. But the first time I watch it, I don't really notice much of this because I'm way to excited to just see them moving - primarily, like they should ^^

Yeah, if I looked at it more the animation wasn't THAT good. Goodness, I should stop looking at it or my opinion is gonna get lower. XD Guess this is what happens when the initial excitement dies down completely, eh?
Jan 21, 2008 1:10 AM

Oct 2007
i really loved it i dont have alot words to describe it,it was cool and its was good animated!
Jan 21, 2008 1:47 AM
Oct 2007
Eh ... can't believe it's out already. I'm so behind on news. *Goes to Veoh*

Wow. That was a fantastic episode. So intense! When Sakura keeps calling out Syaoran-kun, it's almost hard to decipher which one she's calling out to. Ah, well, I feel so bad for Fai and real Syaron. Mokona's screams made it even more sad.
AnnisaJan 21, 2008 4:15 PM
Jan 21, 2008 6:35 PM

May 2007
Tokyo Revelations = Supreme.
Jan 21, 2008 6:39 PM

Nov 2007
Someone who reads the manga tell me who I should be rooting for, clone or real Syaoran XD
Jan 21, 2008 6:53 PM

Nov 2004
Well, I'll tell you. In the manga community when these chapters were released there was quite a backlash for the clone Syaoran. However, I've always rooted for clone Syaoran because HE IS still the Syaoran we've always known for the entire series.
Jan 21, 2008 9:25 PM
Oct 2007
I agree Crystal, except now he doesn't have a heart. If he were to regain his heart, I would root for him. But it's true you are right, when I read the manga and the whole revelation in this OVA came about, I was definitely all for real Syaoran. Now however, they are both pitiful to me, and I just hope they both get some sort of happy ending.

Xjellocross said:
Someone who reads the manga tell me who I should be rooting for, clone or real Syaoran XD

Why don't you read the manga and find out? ^_^ After all, everyone's perspective differs.
Jan 21, 2008 9:37 PM
Jan 2008
Cannot wait to see the 3rd one O_O

Good 2nd OVA!!!
Jan 22, 2008 1:32 AM

Apr 2007
Quite confusing as i haven't read the manga and wasn't paying 100% attention, but awesome as non-the-less. Thou i had to lower it to a 9 cause of previous said, thou i know i'll probably raise it back to a 10 after the final episode.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2008 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
It was...OK. I guess. If this was another TV series, now is where I would drop, but since there's only 1 more ep I might as well just finish it.
Jan 23, 2008 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
What an awesome OVA!

I always wondered why Tsubasa Chronicle is so popular.
I watched the 2 TV series, but it wasn´t nearly as good as I expected it to be.

So this is Tsubasa Chronicle not made by Beewhatstheirname?
This is just awesome, why the hell didn´t this studio animated the whole series? I bet it would be much better.

Then maybe the plot is just good at this point.

Poor Fai, he only tried to help :(
Jan 24, 2008 6:41 PM

Jun 2007
wow.......is all I can say.
Jan 24, 2008 7:23 PM

Nov 2007
Incredible, I just didn't thought this could become that epic.

Best manga ad ever.
Jan 25, 2008 11:35 PM

Jul 2007
Rainulf said:
Awesome episode. I was pretending clueless during the time I was watching it (since I already know what's going to happen, XD lmao).. Damn, I shouldn't have read the manga.. But I just can't help myself, they're sooo slow on making the anime. Well, can't blame them since the manga's slow too.

spoiler that you DO NOT KNOW: [spoiler

Damit you just spoiled it for me. Any one is going to click on the spoil tag :(

it says on the first page. DON'T DISCUSSS THE MANGA BEYOND THE EPISODE PERIOD!!

Jan 26, 2008 1:05 AM

Nov 2004
Sorry link. I already tried to get it removed and... failed. That's one spoiler I don't want anyone knowing beforehand. Look at it this way, that probably won't be animated for another year or 2. Forget it ~

I'll ask a mod to at least edit the post with manga spoiler in it to stop others from clicking on it. But it's not against the rules to post spoilers in a spoiler tag quite sadly. -.-
Jan 26, 2008 4:06 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah i hope there is more to the OVA then what he said. This is by far one of my greatest OVA's i ever watched. Hopefully Ep 3 is even better. Im glad i never read the manga now.

The animation qualtiy, Yuki's Kajuro's Music fits fits well at the ending scenes of each ep.

This is just a MASTERPIECE!!

Wait a year or two? I thought the next episode was coming out in march.

Jan 26, 2008 6:39 AM

Jul 2007
link9us said:
Yeah i hope there is more to the OVA then what he said. This is by far one of my greatest OVA's i ever watched. Hopefully Ep 3 is even better. Im glad i never read the manga now.

The animation qualtiy, Yuki's Kajuro's Music fits fits well at the ending scenes of each ep.

This is just a MASTERPIECE!!

Wait a year or two? I thought the next episode was coming out in march.

Yup. next episode - that is end of TOKYO story.

But there are already how much... 1 2 3 worlds after it so till they reach that plot point Rainulf spoiled to all anime-only watchers...it will take a while...
Jan 26, 2008 6:47 AM

Nov 2004
Yeah, what Fai said. Basically that person's spoiler doesn't occur until three arcs away from now. That is a lot of material to cover. Considering how long it takes for these OVAs to come out (and whether they will make anymore) it will be a long time before you ever see that being said in the anime series. So forget it. Heh. That said, it makes it even annoying / random to post such unnecessary spoilers. *sighs* I can never understand people sometimes.
Jan 27, 2008 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
I LOVE this episode.. I watched it like.. 5 times.. XD

It makes me want to pick up the manga again. (Admittedly, the first two series were actually part of the reason I dropped it... I got bored of it..)

Anyway.. I have a couple of question.. might be kinda irrelevant but.. here we go:

1) They said that real Syaoran's magic is cut in half when he gave half his heart to the clone. So does that mean when the seal broke his magic is restored?

2) What is Yuuko's relationship with Clow Reed? I always get the impression that Yuuko talks about Clow Reed all the time.. but I am really not sure what's between them.. ><"

Anyway.. I really can't wait for the next one.... grr.. now I want to buy the actual DVDs...
Jan 28, 2008 8:08 AM

Jul 2007
x6shinx said:

1) They said that real Syaoran's magic is cut in half when he gave half his heart to the clone. So does that mean when the seal broke his magic is restored?

Yup by giving away half of his personality, his magic was cut in half - but his magic grows over the years - thats the reason why he was able to break through. His magic was growing and when he was strong enough to break FWR's seal - he did it.
It seems that half of his own magic, used to form the seal for heart disappeared after the seal was broken... So what he got with Yin-Yang symbol was only his heart.

x6shinx said:

2) What is Yuuko's relationship with Clow Reed? I always get the impression that Yuuko talks about Clow Reed all the time.. but I am really not sure what's between them.. ><"

Its hinted a bit more in xxxholic manga, and a lot less in TRC. Yuuko is somewhat...nostalgic, melancholic about him, but she did say some negative comments about him.

From side-novel about the "beginning of both Mokonas" we saw that they were, indeed, together in some sort of relationship
Jan 28, 2008 6:43 PM

Sep 2007
This episode was epic

Great on production and story, it was very stunning especially the battle betwwen R.Syaoran and C.Syaoran. I couldn't get off my set. This was a world class fight.

Eating Fai's eye give me creep and stun at the same time.

It was so fabulous, I couldn't wait for the 3rd OVA.
Jan 30, 2008 5:40 PM

Dec 2007
Finally got around to watching it and I must say, I'm quite impressed. The episode was freaking amazing!

Particularly the eye devouring scene, the fight scene (and, of course, seeing Subaru :P)
Feb 3, 2008 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
Too short :'(
Feb 4, 2008 10:46 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was so great!!!!! i LOVED it!!! I could watch it over and over agine!!!! Where I can find screenshoots of this episode??? I'm too lazy to make some by my self xD
Feb 5, 2008 8:37 PM

Sep 2007
I just love it. I can't wait to see the next ep, or read the manga
Feb 7, 2008 8:03 PM

Jan 2007
Finally got around to watching this and all i can say is wow.
Feb 9, 2008 1:05 AM

Jun 2007
one word... BRILLIANT!
Feb 20, 2008 4:59 AM

Nov 2007
Words cannot express how AWESOME this episode was. Although it leaves me longing for more xD (I guess, I'll just rewatch it until the third OVA comes out).
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.