Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 22, 2008 1:32 AM

Apr 2007
Quite confusing as i haven't read the manga and wasn't paying 100% attention, but awesome as non-the-less. Thou i had to lower it to a 9 cause of previous said, thou i know i'll probably raise it back to a 10 after the final episode.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2008 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
It was...OK. I guess. If this was another TV series, now is where I would drop, but since there's only 1 more ep I might as well just finish it.
Jan 23, 2008 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
What an awesome OVA!

I always wondered why Tsubasa Chronicle is so popular.
I watched the 2 TV series, but it wasn´t nearly as good as I expected it to be.

So this is Tsubasa Chronicle not made by Beewhatstheirname?
This is just awesome, why the hell didn´t this studio animated the whole series? I bet it would be much better.

Then maybe the plot is just good at this point.

Poor Fai, he only tried to help :(
Jan 24, 2008 6:41 PM

Jun 2007
wow.......is all I can say.
Jan 24, 2008 7:23 PM

Nov 2007
Incredible, I just didn't thought this could become that epic.

Best manga ad ever.
Jan 25, 2008 11:35 PM

Jul 2007
Rainulf said:
Awesome episode. I was pretending clueless during the time I was watching it (since I already know what's going to happen, XD lmao).. Damn, I shouldn't have read the manga.. But I just can't help myself, they're sooo slow on making the anime. Well, can't blame them since the manga's slow too.

spoiler that you DO NOT KNOW: [spoiler

Damit you just spoiled it for me. Any one is going to click on the spoil tag :(

it says on the first page. DON'T DISCUSSS THE MANGA BEYOND THE EPISODE PERIOD!!

Jan 26, 2008 1:05 AM

Nov 2004
Sorry link. I already tried to get it removed and... failed. That's one spoiler I don't want anyone knowing beforehand. Look at it this way, that probably won't be animated for another year or 2. Forget it ~

I'll ask a mod to at least edit the post with manga spoiler in it to stop others from clicking on it. But it's not against the rules to post spoilers in a spoiler tag quite sadly. -.-
Jan 26, 2008 4:06 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah i hope there is more to the OVA then what he said. This is by far one of my greatest OVA's i ever watched. Hopefully Ep 3 is even better. Im glad i never read the manga now.

The animation qualtiy, Yuki's Kajuro's Music fits fits well at the ending scenes of each ep.

This is just a MASTERPIECE!!

Wait a year or two? I thought the next episode was coming out in march.

Jan 26, 2008 6:39 AM

Jul 2007
link9us said:
Yeah i hope there is more to the OVA then what he said. This is by far one of my greatest OVA's i ever watched. Hopefully Ep 3 is even better. Im glad i never read the manga now.

The animation qualtiy, Yuki's Kajuro's Music fits fits well at the ending scenes of each ep.

This is just a MASTERPIECE!!

Wait a year or two? I thought the next episode was coming out in march.

Yup. next episode - that is end of TOKYO story.

But there are already how much... 1 2 3 worlds after it so till they reach that plot point Rainulf spoiled to all anime-only watchers...it will take a while...
Jan 26, 2008 6:47 AM

Nov 2004
Yeah, what Fai said. Basically that person's spoiler doesn't occur until three arcs away from now. That is a lot of material to cover. Considering how long it takes for these OVAs to come out (and whether they will make anymore) it will be a long time before you ever see that being said in the anime series. So forget it. Heh. That said, it makes it even annoying / random to post such unnecessary spoilers. *sighs* I can never understand people sometimes.
Jan 27, 2008 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
I LOVE this episode.. I watched it like.. 5 times.. XD

It makes me want to pick up the manga again. (Admittedly, the first two series were actually part of the reason I dropped it... I got bored of it..)

Anyway.. I have a couple of question.. might be kinda irrelevant but.. here we go:

1) They said that real Syaoran's magic is cut in half when he gave half his heart to the clone. So does that mean when the seal broke his magic is restored?

2) What is Yuuko's relationship with Clow Reed? I always get the impression that Yuuko talks about Clow Reed all the time.. but I am really not sure what's between them.. ><"

Anyway.. I really can't wait for the next one.... grr.. now I want to buy the actual DVDs...
Jan 28, 2008 8:08 AM

Jul 2007
x6shinx said:

1) They said that real Syaoran's magic is cut in half when he gave half his heart to the clone. So does that mean when the seal broke his magic is restored?

Yup by giving away half of his personality, his magic was cut in half - but his magic grows over the years - thats the reason why he was able to break through. His magic was growing and when he was strong enough to break FWR's seal - he did it.
It seems that half of his own magic, used to form the seal for heart disappeared after the seal was broken... So what he got with Yin-Yang symbol was only his heart.

x6shinx said:

2) What is Yuuko's relationship with Clow Reed? I always get the impression that Yuuko talks about Clow Reed all the time.. but I am really not sure what's between them.. ><"

Its hinted a bit more in xxxholic manga, and a lot less in TRC. Yuuko is somewhat...nostalgic, melancholic about him, but she did say some negative comments about him.

From side-novel about the "beginning of both Mokonas" we saw that they were, indeed, together in some sort of relationship
Jan 28, 2008 6:43 PM

Sep 2007
This episode was epic

Great on production and story, it was very stunning especially the battle betwwen R.Syaoran and C.Syaoran. I couldn't get off my set. This was a world class fight.

Eating Fai's eye give me creep and stun at the same time.

It was so fabulous, I couldn't wait for the 3rd OVA.
Jan 30, 2008 5:40 PM

Dec 2007
Finally got around to watching it and I must say, I'm quite impressed. The episode was freaking amazing!

Particularly the eye devouring scene, the fight scene (and, of course, seeing Subaru :P)
Feb 3, 2008 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
Too short :'(
Feb 4, 2008 10:46 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was so great!!!!! i LOVED it!!! I could watch it over and over agine!!!! Where I can find screenshoots of this episode??? I'm too lazy to make some by my self xD
Feb 5, 2008 8:37 PM

Sep 2007
I just love it. I can't wait to see the next ep, or read the manga
Feb 7, 2008 8:03 PM

Jan 2007
Finally got around to watching this and all i can say is wow.
Feb 9, 2008 1:05 AM

Jun 2007
one word... BRILLIANT!
Feb 20, 2008 4:59 AM

Nov 2007
Words cannot express how AWESOME this episode was. Although it leaves me longing for more xD (I guess, I'll just rewatch it until the third OVA comes out).
Feb 20, 2008 6:51 PM

Jun 2007
ah! I finally watched it i just kept forgeting.
Holly HELL is was incredible. I cant express how amazing it was!!!! I rlly cant wait till the next episode!!!!!!!!!!!
Fai´s EYE! OMG! i was mentally screaming *dies*

Mar 14, 2008 5:48 PM

Oct 2007
Subaru was so effin ADORABLE<33333
I pretty much died when he appeared. And god, he's even more beautiful in the manga *o*
Mamoru Miyano did an awesome job as Kamui (who was also sexy beyond belief). He sounded especially cute when he was talking to/calling for Subaru♥
Sexy vampire twins FTW!!!

The part where Kurogane finally arrived and Syaoran was chewing on Fay's eye...that part was so disgusting, yet at the same time intriguing. I think Production I.G. did a great job on that (although I suppose Kurogane could have been a bit more devastated/emotional looking).

I can't believe the third one will be the last one...
Mar 20, 2008 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
5/5

The best episode of the three.

The real S. was awsome, until now I always thought, that the real one is the clone, made by fei wong to replace the other at some point of the story.
The scene when he draws his sword is my favorite.

Moreover the voice actress of Sakura did an impressing job, when she screamed: Stop! Don't kill him! The despair in the voice seemed so real.
May 20, 2008 8:42 AM

Sep 2007
After watching this I now know that Bee Train has ruined Tsubasa for me. Might pick up the manga now. Hope I.G. continues to animate more, really good quality.

May 27, 2008 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON, WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THE 2 SYAORANS, WHICH ONES GOOD AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD ONE?!?!?!
BUT THIS IS SO DAMN GOOD I DONT CARE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2008 4:09 PM

Aug 2007
Things are starting to get pretty dialogue-oriented. I preferred the first episode, there were actually some nicely animated fighting scenes and I felt like I was watching a movie or something. This eps, however, gave me the regular Tsubasa Chronicle feel.
Aug 3, 2008 10:35 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was awesome!~
In all honesty, I was a little nervous going into the second episode because I didn't know if it was going to match the intensity and adrenaline rush of the first episode. However nonetheless, IG Productions delivered~ Episode 2 was brilliantly done! It was bleeding with awesome character designs xD

I loved Kamui and c!Syaoron's fight scene~ Once again, it was excellent to finally see some blood in Tsubasa Chronicle. And for someone like me who doesn't read the manga - I was glad to at last find out who Kamui was and what Seishirō had referred to when he was talking about the vampire twins.

The c!Syaoron and r!Syaoron fight scene was well done. I enjoyed seeing a revitalizing and real down to earth struggle between the two. C!Syaoron looked really serious with an intent to do anything to get the Sakura's feather's back - whereas r!Syaoron seemed great trying to eliminate him xD

The eye scene in this episode was brilliantly done!~ It was actually somewhat touching to see Fai just lying there with none of his traditional smirks or quirky smiles. And it was sweet how he had tried to protect the c!Syaoron's feelings/heart, even though from the beginning he had mentioned that he wouldn't interfere. Seeing Fai lose his eye was a really sad moment, and then having Kurogane come and protect Fai's body while c!Syaoron was trying to harm him --> even better!~ Gah, that scene was awesomerific :)

But my favorite scene would probably be when c!Syaoron obtained the feather and embraced Sakura while the feather vanished into her. That was such a strong moment, and it was bittersweet with the fact that Sakura received a memory and found out who her important person was - but was crying and begging Syaoron not to leave her side.

And the ending Kamui and Subaru scene was awesome!~ xD

Can't believe there's only one episode left... T___T;;

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Nov 4, 2008 10:57 AM

Mar 2008
Exceptional work I am impressed by it.

But one or two questions maybe just one I guess:
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Nov 4, 2008 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
I WANT MORE OF KAMUI! XD
Nov 10, 2008 5:38 PM

Jul 2007
ShadowAlex said:

Clone, the one who was with Sakura ever since the beginning, the one who began the whole journey to save her has left, since he became who he was supposed to be - a mindless killing machine

Real syaoran, the one who was imprisoned in glass tube, for now remains Fai, Sakura and Kurogane.
Dec 10, 2008 8:20 PM

Mar 2008
Fai said:
ShadowAlex said:

Clone, the one who was with Sakura ever since the beginning, the one who began the whole journey to save her has left, since he became who he was supposed to be - a mindless killing machine

Real syaoran, the one who was imprisoned in glass tube, for now remains Fai, Sakura and Kurogane.

Ah thanks for the clarity
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 17, 2008 5:26 AM
Sep 2008
This was great, CLAMP is the best, the escene of Fye was very said, Ovas Epic.

Well , las ovas estuvieron geniales y el diseño con el toque gore de lo mejor seguro esa es la verdadera escencia de Tsubasa asi que lo continuare en el manga.
Dec 20, 2008 4:24 AM

Mar 2008
FAI !!! <3
we finally get to see Fai's magic ^^
and i love seeing Fai all serious too; and how he knew about Syaoran.
but his eye! =[ his pretty blue, and apparently the source of his magic, eye!
my love for Fai has increased 100000000 fold in the last 30 mins
Jul 30, 2009 8:07 AM

Jul 2009
Wow that was excellent! So much better than the series. So did the real Syaoran take back his heart from the clone Syaoran who then went on a rampage, stealing Fye's source of magical power to replace his right eye? Now the clone Syaoran has all the power and only 1 mission: to find all the feathers for that evil dude ;o
Jan 19, 2010 5:52 PM

Dec 2009
Clone Syaoran is badd ass but nooooo Faiiiii!
May 3, 2010 1:57 AM

Apr 2009
Its realy Fantastic!!))
Jun 11, 2010 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
awesome!!!
omg !! Fai!
it was soo sad to see what had happened to him, and i just love Fai!
but it was soo cute how kurogane cared so deeply for him,naw

Awesome, OVA!!!
Edward Elric <3 Lavi <3 Fai. D Flourite <3 Shizu-Chan <3 Sause Uchiha ! <33
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=11018 - FMAB fan club. for thoses who wants to join ^^

Oct 14, 2010 1:01 PM

May 2009
wow this is what is called "epicness" ~~~
Dec 2, 2010 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
I seriously would like to know who in the HELL gave this a 1 out of 5 rating. That person obviously is a troll. I mean you can't really get any more "epic" then this when it comes to anime.

Jan 16, 2011 12:40 AM

Aug 2010
Brilliant! Simply brilliant.

Jan 22, 2011 1:05 PM

Dec 2010
as mentioned many times before i'm sure, this was truly EPIC! so awesome to see Fai use his magic (with such resolve i may add, i mean there were so many other times where he simply refused to do so but this time he pretty much said enough is enough.) Poor Fai tho...but Syaoran is so badass, the fight between the two of them was so awesome just like this entire OVA has been so far.
Aug 26, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 2011
They reused the music from the tv series which is a good choice indeed. One of the best sound track in anime.
Nov 4, 2011 2:14 PM

Feb 2009
Holy Crap Mother of Jesus everything just went crazy! I don't know what's real anymore!! WHO AM I!!???
Jan 6, 2012 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
So the main character Syoaran is actually an evil clone and the other from Fei Wong's place was the real one?
So confused. I thought it was like the other way around that time.
Aug 11, 2012 4:11 PM

May 2010
Kuberu said:
OMG sugoi that's all I can say o.o

I don't even know Japanese to second this. I was a little confused because they both call him Syaorans.

When the clone Syaoron held Sakura at the end, he looked so cool doing it lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 16, 2012 6:05 AM

Mar 2010
10/10.
Jun 27, 2014 12:04 AM

Jun 2009
It didn't bother in the manga, but seeing this in the anime really makes the awkwardness of the Yuuko and Fei Wong monologues about "Syaoran". Other than that, this was good. I don't know, though, the manga just had more of an impact to me here. Particularly the scene where "Syaoran" forces the feather on Sakura, it was borderline disturbing in the manga, but I'm not sure if that completely translated to me here. Still, the music was really good.

link9us said:

Did I seriously get spoiled by the same thing you did 7 years later? I think I did.... sonovabitch...
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 27, 2014 12:12 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 27, 2014 12:15 AM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
It didn't bother in the manga, but seeing this in the anime really makes the awkwardness of the Yuuko and Fei Wong monologues about "Syaoran". Other than that, this was good. I don't know, though, the manga just had more of an impact to me here. Particularly the scene where "Syaoran" forces the feather on Sakura, it was borderline disturbing in the manga, but I'm not sure if that completely translated to me here. Still, the music was really good.

The manga is obviously the most superior version but as far as pacing, music, high budget animation, it was pretty spectacular on that end. I first watched this in 2008, in fact my comment is still on here.

It had a very different appeal and impact to me cause i never really read the manga at that point. It wasn't till a few years later, when i finally decided to read the manga.

But for some one who has not read the manga, its a pretty steller ova. Especially if you got head set on or full surround speakers and you can hear all those ambient sounds, well watching the crisp animation. The lanky character designs captures the clamp style also.

Jun 27, 2014 12:19 AM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:

link9us said:

Did I seriously get spoiled by the same thing you did 7 years later? I think I did.... sonovabitch...

How did you get spoiled, the comment looked like it was removed to me

Jun 27, 2014 12:29 AM

Jun 2009
Ah, my bad. It was something different on the 2nd page.

And, I just looked and there was even a "manga spoiler" tag. What a fucking dumb move by me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.